PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sniper
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe its just me, but you never seem satisfied with ANY move the Eagles make.

Well, they're not good moves, so....

Do you spend a lot of your time calling into the radio?

I'm working 70 hours per week right now. I don't exactly have time to do so, nor would I want to.

He played in Detroit. Look at the guys he played behind. Lets at least give him a chance in the Eagles system before we write him off. He definitely did not fit Schwartz's cover 2 scheme.

Which is great, since, you know, 220-pound fast LBs aren't a perfect fit for the Cover 2 or anything. :rolleyes:

And to the people that say "ZOMGZ NOES SLB!!!1", SLB in this defense has changed. Its not what it was with JJ. SLB is not a guy who can cover well and playing the run is his best asset. We dont need a guy thats the size of a mack truck and runs like a gazelle if he cant cover.

You can't have a 220-pound SLB. Ever.

Not to mention, we rotate our LBs a ridiculous amount. Ernie Sims > any 5th round LB we would have taken.

For this year, maybe.

brat316
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
And to the people that say "ZOMGZ NOES SLB!!!1", SLB in this defense has changed. Ugh okay what has it changed into?

Its not what it was with JJ. SLB is not a guy who can cover well and playing the run is his best asset.

Yeah but thats what the Eagles want their SLB to do. Since SLB does covers the TE 90% of the time, and has to play the run good, in the Eagles defense. Or else Chris Gocong would have been benched a Loooonng time ago. Eagles got torched by the TE on a regular basis.

We dont need a guy thats the size of a mack truck and runs like a gazelle if he cant cover.

But you can't have a undersized Lb in the SLB or else how do you expect him to play the run, blitz and shed blockers.

Not to mention, we rotate our LBs a ridiculous amount. Ernie Sims > any 5th round LB we would have taken.

Do you really want a 5-11/6 foot Lb covering a 6-5 TE?

Kramer
04-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Let's recap this offseason, shall we?

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

Can you say championship?!
Imagine if you heard in the 2007 season that in 3 years McNabb, Westbrook (was his best season), Shawn Andrews (made the pro bowl), Sheldon Brown, and Brian Westbrook were all cut or traded, and Brian Dawkins would be in Denver I think I would cry back then, but now I am only just sad to see McNabb gone, still want B-Dawk back, and disappointed in Shawn Andrews huge decline

frubulubu
04-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok, I missed out, what did we give up for Simms?

Thumper
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM

a 5th round pick, low risk, high reward kind of a deal. Sims was pretty terrible for Detroit, he seemed to lose interest, motivation and all that stuff, hopefully in an agressive scheme like the Eagles he can revive his career and get back on track, because he was very good as a rookie.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
It was a 3 way trade. We traded a 5th rounder to Denver, who traded Tony Scheffler and a 7th rounder to Detroit, who traded us Sims.

cunningham06
04-19-2010, 06:51 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOT ONE OF DETROIT'S BUSTS!!!!!!!!!

Party time! Eagles making big moves, bitches!

I dunno how you consider a perennial 100+ tackle LB a bust. For people saying he could play SLB that is absolutely ridiculous. He is a perfect fit at the weakside spot. He was banged up all last season with a shoulder injury and wasn't playing his best football, but now that he's healthy I think he can do quite well here.

Sims is extremely fast and is truly a sideline to sideline LB. I think he will be a pretty damn good WLB for us and am saying it right now, I expect he will start this season.

This move is the silver lining for what has otherwise been a terrible offseason.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I dunno how you consider a perennial 100+ tackle LB a bust. For people saying he could play SLB that is absolutely ridiculous. He is a perfect fit at the weakside spot. He was banged up all last season with a shoulder injury and wasn't playing his best football, but now that he's healthy I think he can do quite well here.

Sims is extremely fast and is truly a sideline to sideline LB. I think he will be a pretty damn good WLB for us and am saying it right now, I expect he will start this season.

This move is the silver lining for what has otherwise been a terrible offseason.

I'm just going to jump in for Sniper and point out that Ernie Sims has been absolutely awful for the past two seasons. As in probably one of the worst starters at LB in the NFL. He has been THAT bad. He overruns plays, he can't rush the passer on blitzes and he is terrible in coverage, not to mention he always goes for the knockout and misses tackles. He really only brings potential and athleticism, could he improve? Yes, there is no where to go but up. But I think that it is no coincidence that his two terrible seasons coincide with Detroit's terrible seasons, I think he lost all motivation and maybe he could get that back while playing for a team that consistently competes.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Ernie Sims' combine numbers:
Height: 5111
Weight: 231
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54 (thats .01 slower than DeSean Jackson)
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 41
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.23 (.04 slower than DeSean Jackson)
3-Cone Drill: 7.32

Those are incredible workout numbers, INCREDIBLE.

Sniper
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM

A damn shame that he's just not good at football.

Sniper
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I dunno how you consider a perennial 100+ tackle LB a bust.

High amount of tackles =/= a good player.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
A damn shame that he's just not good at football.

Well... he WAS good for the first two seasons and then he just sucked at life and was completely terrible for the past two seasons.

igglefanz
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
He has had 2 bad seasons but meh worth the risk. If he doesn't pan out he doesn't not like we gave up alot to get him. He has the physical tools as of speed to be a playmaker just now can the Eagles use him and can he do what is asked. Really he is in a contract year and is only 25 wont be 26 till December.

He is undersized but has the speed to be a bit more smothering then most LB's in coverage He needs some more work a bit of a project still but really better chance him panning out then a 5th round pick.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Do you really want a 5-11/6 foot Lb covering a 6-5 TE?

Hey! I said that earlier, lol, and with Witten, its much more than a 6" difference.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM

This offseason is mixed reviews for me... I liked getting Tapp. I'm uncertain about Jackson, I'm indifferent towards the Bell signing, don't like the McNabb trade, and am kind of indifferent about this trade, though I feel like it can only go more positive than anything.

Also, Sims is a WLB, and nothing else, gotta agree with you there.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
This Sims trade seems like the LB equivalent to when we traded for Lorenzo Booker. I just hope the results are better than that trade.

LonghornsLegend
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I dunno how you consider a perennial 100+ tackle LB a bust.

I definately think this is a low risk move for you guys that can pan out in a big way, no denying. But if you have to wonder why the #9 overall pick a few years back is being called a bust now, I'd suggest not correlating real life with Madden ratings.

When is the last time you have ever heard of a top 10 pick getting traded for a 5th round pick a few years later, and the player not being considered a bust? Besides, how hard is it to rack up tackles playing for Detroit?

brat316
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Almost all FSU DE, and Lbs put up monstrousness numbers for the combine, and are athletic freaks in general. Lawrence Timmons has come pretty crazy numbers as well. But the problem is they can't ever translate that to the field, or in the pros.

He did have a lot of tackles, but look at his solo tackles 71, 97, 81.

Morton
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Anyway, this is low risk - high reward just like the Marlin Jackson signing. If he doesn't pan out, we blew a 5th round pick. If he does pan out, we got ourselves a starting WLB.

There's nothing to hate about this move, guys.

I really like the way this FO has been doing things this offseason. It's almost as if the Eagles have been drafting people before the draft even begins!

5th round pick - Daryll Tapp from Seattle
5th round pick - Ernie Sims from Detroit
UDFA - Marlin Jackson from Indy
UDFA - Alex Hall from Cleveland

Hey, look, we just drafted 4 potential starters on defense! And we still have 10 draft picks left! Woohoo!

brat316
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Thats true low round picks aren't going to pan out much better. At least this way you have experienced ST players at worst.

Morton
04-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah, forgot Mike Bell too.

Seriously, has any other team added so many "potential" starters this offseason as the Eagles?

I mean, damn, some teams would be thrilled just to have this kind of haul in the DRAFT:

RB Mike Bell (UDFA, 2006)
LB Ernie Simms (1st round pick, Detroit, 2006)
DE Daryl Tapp (2nd round pick, Seattle, 2006)
LB Alex Hall (7th round pick, Cleveland, 2008)
CB Marlin Jackson (1st round pick, Colts, 2005)

Look at that. All relatively young players with alot of upside. It's like a draft class, seriously. And then we still have all of those players who are going to come in from the draft proper. Wow.

brat316
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Potential wise its a great move, but lets be honest how many of them do you expect it turn it on now? If they aren't preforming already whats going to make them turn it on now?

Maybe 1 or 2 of those guys might, but its not like the Eagles signed any superstars.

BaLLiN
04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
High amount of tackles =/= a good player.

exactly, Bo Ruud was the leader in tackles what like 2 years ago for most of the year. Was he by any chance a top LB? Not a chance. Tampa's run defense was less than up to par and Ruud benefited with inflated tackle numbers.

Oh yeah, forgot Mike Bell too.

Seriously, has any other team added so many "potential" starters this offseason as the Eagles?

I mean, damn, some teams would be thrilled just to have this kind of haul in the DRAFT:

RB Mike Bell (UDFA, 2006)
LB Ernie Simms (1st round pick, Detroit, 2006)
DE Daryl Tapp (2nd round pick, Seattle, 2006)
LB Alex Hall (7th round pick, Cleveland, 2008)
CB Marlin Jackson (1st round pick, Colts, 2005)

Look at that. All relatively young players with alot of upside. It's like a draft class, seriously. And then we still have all of those players who are going to come in from the draft proper. Wow.

Just because they were picked high doesn't mean they will be great. It means what it means, they were highly regarded in the year they came out. Their value isn't correlated in the NFL.

Morton
04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
BaLLin: I know. That's why they are "potential" picks, not "definite starters".

Again, it's just like the draft. You take a chance on someone with potential in the draft, that is the exact same thing the Eagles are doing picking up the unwanted former high draft picks of other teams in hopes that they will flourish in their system.

I'll bet you money at least 1 of these guys pans out and becomes a solid starter for the Eagles next year (Tapp, Jackson, Sims, Bell, Hall).

frubulubu
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Im from Detroit, and saw more than enough of Simms. He is over agresive and misses many tackles. He has horrible angle skills and cant cover for the sake of jerrys kids. Most of his tackles come from behind and very rarely does he make a tackle head on. Mcd, has his hands full on trying to work him into a LB. That being said, I agree with Thump, its a low risk deal.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Potential wise its a great move, but lets be honest how many of them do you expect it turn it on now? If they aren't preforming already whats going to make them turn it on now?

Maybe 1 or 2 of those guys might, but its not like the Eagles signed any superstars.

I defintiely agree here, I like a few of these moves, and am uncertain at best on others. I personally like the Tapp trade, he will be a solid contributor for us. Afte that, IDK how this all will pan out. I haven't been more excited to see new faces at training camp, so this summer can't come fast enough, and I will definitely be reporting back to you guys like I did last year.

cunningham06
04-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Sims was good his first season in Detroit, then they changed schemes and he didn't play well I'll admit. He's a better fit in our defense, and will have other good players around him which will be helpful. I don't believe that he just suddenly started sucking at football. There's other factors to consider here. Maybe I'm just higher on Sims than most, but with some coaching and work I expect he will be pretty good. We can coach up his tackling, at least he's quick enough to get to the play.

So I'm calling right now I bet that Ernie Sims beats out Akeem Jordan at WLB in training camp. So y'all can rag on him all you want, I like Sims and expect good things from him.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Sims was good his first season in Detroit, then they changed schemes and he didn't play well I'll admit. He's a better fit in our defense, and will have other good players around him which will be helpful. I don't believe that he just suddenly started sucking at football. There's other factors to consider here. Maybe I'm just higher on Sims than most, but with some coaching and work I expect he will be pretty good. We can coach up his tackling, at least he's quick enough to get to the play.

So I'm calling right now I bet that Ernie Sims beats out Akeem Jordan at WLB in training camp. So y'all can rag on him all you want, I like Sims and expect good things from him.

It'll be a close battle, and I think Sims has the advantage because of what is invested in him, albeit only a fifth rounder, but it is one of the many things I'll be watching at TC this summer.

superman8456
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Akeem Jordan is not going to lose his starting job. I think he may get moved around a fair amount in training camp though. Last season, he was by far our most consistent and best LB.

Did we opt out of resigning Tracy White? I'm pretty sure we did, in that case Ernie Sims is probably going to get a lot of the opportunities he got last year. Pretty similar players imo.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Akeem Jordan is not going to lose his starting job. I think he may get moved around a fair amount in training camp though. Last season, he was by far our most consistent and best LB.

Did we opt out of resigning Tracy White? I'm pretty sure we did, in that case Ernie Sims is probably going to get a lot of the opportunities he got last year. Pretty similar players imo.

It'll be a close battle for sure, but l;ike I said, I give the edge to Sims, fair or not. Whoever doesn't win the battle will still see the field a lot however, as both are better in coverage than any of our potential starting SLBs we have now.

colide
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
After the sims trade the eagles look like they going to trade up for eric berry but here's the thing would you trade up for berry or keep 24 and use our seconds to get a 19 so we could get wilson and a thomas

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Its heard to know if either would even be available at 19. If the Eagles could definitelyget both of them, or one of them and Maurkice Pouncey, I'd love it, but there is no guarantee of that.

colide
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Right but I'm just worried if we get berry how many picks we we loose and will we be able to keep a second for a cb or ol

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Right but I'm just worried if we get berry how many picks we we loose and will we be able to keep a second for a cb or ol

I think if the Eagles would trade for Berry, It'd take 24, 37, and 87 at least. Honestly. I'd be fine with 24, 37, and 70 as well, and maybe another low value pick, but not much more.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Why does it seem like the draft is so close yet so far away? lol

BaLLiN
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Why does it seem like the draft is so close yet so far away? lol

i feel the same way man, time is slowing down.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Its the opposite for me, it seems like a week ago I looked at the countdown and it was still in the triple digits. I'm like that with anything I look forward to though. It seems like it takes forever while going through it, but when you look back, it flies by.

brat316
04-20-2010, 06:02 PM
i realized the draft countdown clock is 1 hr wrong.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2010, 06:37 PM
If there's one thing I like about the new format, it's that the draft now gets here 2 days faster than usual.

cunningham06
04-20-2010, 06:38 PM
i realized the draft countdown clock is 1 hr wrong.

? No it's not the draft starts at 7:30 ET on Thursday.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
And right now it says it is a little under 47 hours away, when it is really a little under 48 hours away. I noticed that a couple days ago too.

brat316
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM

it should say 1 day 23hr mins not 22.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
it should say 1 day 23hr mins not 22.

The clock is always wrong, every year someone brings it up, lol.

frubulubu
04-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Draft does seem like an eternity dont it? I just hope I dont get disapointed on Thursday. Last year, I was to drunk to even realize who we had gotten. Not this year, I will be sober and focused.

cunningham06
04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Well Thursday nights here in Austin are pretty fun, so I guess the draft will be the pregame before going DT. I'm gonna be shooting for the medium of those two I guess haha, gotta be somewhat focused.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Well Thursday nights here in Austin are pretty fun, so I guess the draft will be the pregame before going DT. I'm gonna be shooting for the medium of those two I guess haha, gotta be somewhat focused.

I'm watching the draft, that's it. Might make some food on the grill beforehand, but thats it.

eaglesfan605
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM
I am getting antsy for the draft to get here. One good thing is that I have class today from 4:00 to 6:30, so I will be able to keep myself busy.

If we pick up an impact Safety (Earl Thomas) and Cornerback (Devin McCourty or Kareem Jackson) I'll be extremely happy. I would honestly not care (not really) about any of our other picks.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I am getting antsy for the draft to get here. One good thing is that I have class today from 4:00 to 6:30, so I will be able to keep myself busy.

If we pick up an impact Safety (Earl Thomas) and Cornerback (Devin McCourty or Kareem Jackson) I'll be extremely happy. I would honestly not care (not really) about any of our other picks.

I think the Eagles need to address CB, OL, and FS in this draft. However, I see situations where FS could be ignored, and I would be OK with it if the team feels the current FSs are OK. After that, I will only be paying atttention to the LBs and DEs.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Something I want to bring up that hasn't been mentioned. Of the Eagles players, these are the ones I see most likely moved on draft day...
Omar Gaither, Quintin Demps, Joe Mays, Juqua Parker, MJG, and of course, Michael Vick.

eaglesfan605
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I think the Eagles need to address CB, OL, and FS in this draft. However, I see situations where FS could be ignored, and I would be OK with it if the team feels the current FSs are OK. After that, I will only be paying attention to the LBs and DEs.

They do need an interior lineman since Jamaal Jackson isn't likely to be ready for the start of the year. I don't think they want another Stacy Andrews incident.

I think they need to address FS just because the top two guys in this draft are so much better than any player they have at that position currently.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
They do need an interior lineman since Jamaal Jackson isn't likely to be ready for the start of the year. I don't think they want another Stacy Andrews incident.

I think they need to address FS just because the top two guys in this draft are so much better than any player they have at that position currently.

I think if the Eagles can't get ahold of Berry, Thomas, Nate Allen, and maybe one or two more (Burnett and Jones), they may leave the FS position as it is, as none of the other FS prospects offer a serious upgrade.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Something I want to bring up that hasn't been mentioned. Of the Eagles players, these are the ones I see most likely moved on draft day...
Omar Gaither, Quintin Demps, Joe Mays, Juqua Parker, MJG, and of course, Michael Vick.

Wanted to bring this up to the last page...

eaglesfan605
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM

The only one that I don't see being moved from your list is Juqua because the depth at DE is pretty thin.

frubulubu
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Omar Gaither can play all LB, positions and adds depth to all the LB spots, he is likely to stay.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
The only one that I don't see being moved from your list is Juqua because the depth at DE is pretty thin.

I only see Parker being moved if the Eagles take two DE's which is possible, but I agree, of the guys I mentioned, he is least likely.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Omar Gaither can play all LB, positions and adds depth to all the LB spots, he is likely to stay.

Gaither is not a SAM, he can play WILL and MIKE. I think it is extremely likely that Gaither or Mays are not on the team at the start of next season, most likely Gaither, as Gaither is more of a WILL, and he is behind two players at that position.

superman8456
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Gaither is not a SAM, he can play WILL and MIKE. I think it is extremely likely that Gaither or Mays are not on the team at the start of next season, most likely Gaither, as Gaither is more of a WILL, and he is behind two players at that position.

Joe Mays will not be on this team. He will be in TC, however. No doubt in my mind that he has shown his true colors. This season was the perfect opportunity for him to make an impact, and he did the exact opposite.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Joe Mays will not be on this team. He will be in TC, however. No doubt in my mind that he has shown his true colors. This season was the perfect opportunity for him to make an impact, and he did the exact opposite.

Mays has value on Special Teams however, which is a big reason why I see him staying on the team. He is a better special teamer than Gaither, and is more likely to stick around.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Tracy White was an awesome ST player and he's gone :(

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM

All the more reason to keep the good ST guys we have...

Thumper
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Well I hear that Darren McFadden is on the block, maybe the Eagles could bring in McFadden for the right price. The talent is there and he fits the Eagles scheme very well. A combination of McFadden and McCoy would be good for Kolb. I think the Eagles come out of this weekend with a well known running back, Toby, Jahvid, Spiller or McFadden are guys I've got my eyes on.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't want one bit of McFadden, he isn't much different than Shady, and brings no new skill set to the table.

superman8456
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't want one bit of McFadden, he isn't much different than Shady, and brings no new skill set to the table.

Shady isnt nearly as explosive as McFadden, nor has his speed.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Shady isnt nearly as explosive as McFadden, nor has his speed.

No but they are similar, players. Name one thing that McFadden will do that Shady can't, its just not worth it.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
No but they are similar, players. Name one thing that McFadden will do that Shady can't, its just not worth it.

He can play the wildcat, and throws the ball on stride.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
He can play the wildcat, and throws the ball on stride.

We already have players for the wildcat. I should've phrased it, what does McFadden bring to this offense we don't already have?

I'll answer that for you.. nothing. He has speed, yay, so does Shady and DeSean and Maclin. He can catch a ball out of the backfield, yay, so does Shady. He can do wilcat, yay, so does Shady, as well as DeSean, and oh, not to mention Vick.

I'm going to bed because I think I may be coming off as a dick in my last few posts, so I'll see you guys tomorrow, the sleep should do good.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Keenan Clayton is going to replace him.

Also the Eagles might have too many linebackers which is really weird considering last years debacle at LB. All of a sudden there are about 9 linebackers who are capable of making this team.

At SLB there is Moses Fokou, Alex Hall and Ricky Sapp. At MLB Stewart Bradley is a lock to start but behind him there is Omar Gaither and Jamar Chaney along with Joe Mays. And at WLB there is Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan and Keenan Clayton. Who do you cut? Alex Hall? I doubt that, when Spadaro asked about him Andy got a look on his face like he is going to be something and said "You've seen him, he is a BIG kid." Moses Fokou is the starter at SLB right now. Ricky Sapp is the developmental guy, maybe IR awaits? At MLB I think its clear Joe Mays is all but gone. And at WLB all three are pretty much the same player, run and hit linebackers.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Keenan Clayton is going to replace him.

Also the Eagles might have too many linebackers which is really weird considering last years debacle at LB. All of a sudden there are about 9 linebackers who are capable of making this team.

At SLB there is Moses Fokou, Alex Hall and Ricky Sapp. At MLB Stewart Bradley is a lock to start but behind him there is Omar Gaither and Jamar Chaney along with Joe Mays. And at WLB there is Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan and Keenan Clayton. Who do you cut? Alex Hall? I doubt that, when Spadaro asked about him Andy got a look on his face like he is going to be something and said "You've seen him, he is a BIG kid." Moses Fokou is the starter at SLB right now. Ricky Sapp is the developmental guy, maybe IR awaits? At MLB I think its clear Joe Mays is all but gone. And at WLB all three are pretty much the same player, run and hit linebackers.

As I see the depth chart at LB turning out...

WLB: Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan, Omar Gaither, Keenan Clayton
MLB: Stewart Bradley, Joe Mays, Jamar Chaney, Omar Gaither
SLB: Jamar Chaney, Alex Hall, Moises Fokou, Rickey Sapp (if they plan on trying him at SLB)

Fair or not, I thin Sims will take over WLB.

Assuming Bradley is healthy, he'll be the MIKE, and if that's the case, Jamar Chaney could be the SAM. He is a monster against the run. He avoids blockers and when they do get to him, he sheds them very well. He will find his way on to the field. He is also very gap sound, which is something I really like as well. In his game against Florida, I saw him avoid Maurkice Pouncey, as well as shed his blocks, rather easily. Chaney reads and reacts well in coverage, but what I really like is his ability to sniff out the screen, and he has more range than given credit for. If there's one thing I don't like about him, its that he tackles a little high on the body at times, as opposed to wrapping up at the hips. He isn't an astounding pass rusher, and doesn't hafve many moves from the outside. His only move is his shoulder dip, but with his height combined with his excellent use of it, it is hard to stop. He is good at finding the hole on the inside blitzes as well. Another thing i like is he is ver assignment sound. He is going to be a steal, and is a player I really REALLY like.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Of our LBs, I think Sims, Jordan, Bradley, Mays, Chaney, Hall and Fokou will make the team. If Sapp is going to play SLB, expect him to be IRed.

Edit: Also... I like Chaney like Thumper likes Kolb...

Thumper
04-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Edit: Also... I like Chaney like Thumper likes Kolb...

I don't see all of the stuff you see in him... I don't see the run defender and blitzer that you see in Chaney. I see a guy who is a good tackler, is agile in coverage, is athletic and gets good depth in his drop, a guy who has a bunch of range and a guy who could start at MLB or WLB. He really reminds me of Omar Gaither, and I like Gaither so thats not an insult, I think Gaither could easily start at ILB or WLB and I see the same things in Chaney, only thing is that Chaney is more athletic by a wide margin.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't see all of the stuff you see in him... I don't see the run defender and blitzer that you see in Chaney. I see a guy who is a good tackler, is agile in coverage, is athletic and gets good depth in his drop, a guy who has a bunch of range and a guy who could start at MLB or WLB. He really reminds me of Omar Gaither, and I like Gaither so thats not an insult, I think Gaither could easily start at ILB or WLB and I see the same things in Chaney, only thing is that Chaney is more athletic by a wide margin.

With that post, it may have seemed like I was talking too highly of his pass rushing abilities. He isn't a great pass rusher by any means, and is just about as good as, or maybe slightly better, than Gocong. As I said, he only has one move, his shoulder dip, but it is good. He is great in coverage, which I didn't really focus on too much, come to think of it. But he is instinctive, reads and reacts well, and flies back into position, almost like Urlacher (not a huge exaggeration, maybe a little) in his prime. He is very good against the run however. He gets himself in position to make the tackle VERY well, whether it be by avoiding the blocker, or breaking loose. He had some plays on Maurkice Pouncey where he won the battle quite easily, as I said in my other post. My biggest problem with him is he tackles guys a little high, but wraps up well, which I like.

Thumper
04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Is Urlacher your go to comparison for everyone? Didn't you compare Stewart Bradley to him as well? I'm high on Chaney, but not as high as you. But you're right he can cover and that is going to be a nice change after watching Jeremiah Trotter and Chris Gocong this past season. But Chaney tested extremely well at the combine, I think he could start right away. But the role I see him in this season is a nickel linebacker, play him at WLB on occassion, move him to SLB on obvious passing downs, kind of like what they did with Tracy White and Akeem Jordan last year.

Thumper
04-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Is it wrong of me to expect double digit sacks for Brandon Graham this season? I mean he is heading to a team that will likely leave him out there at LE for a large majority of the snaps and might move him inside on occassion. Not only that but he is playing across from Trent Cole which means he will likely be facing one on one battles regularly and quite frankly I don't think that right tackles can handle the suddeness and the quickness of Brandon Graham, especially the ones in the NFC East which are some of the worst in the NFL.

I'm also expecting a lot from Kafka eventually, I really like him and think one day he will make an excellent backup and then the Eagles can trade him for picks ala Matt Schaub.

superman8456
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I can understand that most of you guys think Jamar is going to be a WLB/ILB type, but I dont see it. He did start at WLB his freshman and sophomore year at Mississippi State, so I can understand the belief he will be a WLB.

I just dont agree with it. He is a very big at 6'1 240 lbs, and has great athleticism for that size. I think the most important thing is that he is very strong. Two of his strongsuits is stacking and shedding blocks and reading and reacting. I would say his weaknesses are tackling in the open field and pursuit angles.

Definitely could play SLB in our defense.

frubulubu
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I know im going to tske some heat for this, but thats ok. I onky see Chaney being a nickel linebacker on this team.

Sniper
04-25-2010, 09:47 AM
http://mgoblog.com/content/godspeed-brandon-graham

I honestly don't think I've ever rooted for a UM player more than I've rooted for Brandon Graham. Him and Charles Woodson are basically 1 and 1A as my favorite Wolverines of all-time. I've seen Graham bust his ass in the fourth quarter of a 891-3 game just because he's not a quitter. I've seen Graham single-handedly give UM hope in games they had no business being in. I've seen Brandon Graham guarantee victory and while UM didn't win, I'll be damned if it wasn't because of Brandon Graham. He steps his game up when it matters most. I've never seen Brandon Graham not smiling at some point. Not after 3-9, not after NCAA allegations across the board, not after 5-7, not after playing with nobody who's even in the same stratosphere as him in terms of pure ability. He made a team that went 8-16 in the past two years worth watching just because of the passion, energy, effort, heart and character that he brought to the table. Despite being doubled and tripled every game, Graham still managed to kill people. He's taken down Terrelle Pryor in the open field, decapitated Glenn Winston, almost hawked Javon Ringer down from 60 yards out in a foot race despite weighing over 60 pounds more, abused Bryan Bulaga like a red-headed stepchild, and gave me a reason to tune in every week. People ask me why I'm such a passionate UM fan. Brandon Graham is one of the biggest reasons anyone could be a UM fan. He's the epitome of a class act. He never complains, he's always smiling, he's always showing up and doing the dirty work even when he doesn't get a sack or a TFL, he's never been in trouble, and any person that I've ever heard that has met Graham speaks glowingly about him.

Yeah, I kind of like this pick.

frubulubu
04-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I, being from Detroit, and being able to attend Two Michigan home games a year, have to agree. When you see the Wolverines D, you always saw Grahams motor running even when the play was not in his direction. Quality guy and hard worker, oh and did I mention he from Detroit?

Babylon
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Gotta say as an outsider you guys got 3 of my favorite players: Graham, Teo-Nesheim and Cooper.....any room left on the wagon?

Morton
04-25-2010, 12:35 PM
I like Graham as a player, and he has great hustle, but I don't think he will be a game-changing impact player or anything like that.

He isn't nearly as athletic as some of the other guys his size who made an impact like Lamarr Woodley or Dwight Freeney. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think his upside is average and his ceiling is probably "solid 8 sack / year guy".

The thing about the Eagles' draft was, yes, they could use a nice LDE, but I felt that after the release of Sheldon Brown and the signing of Daryl Tapp, picking DE in the first round was a luxury they couldn't afford. Why they didn't go for Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson is a mystery to me when they clearly needed help in the secondary far more than they needed more bodies on the defensive line.

Sniper
04-25-2010, 12:54 PM
He isn't nearly as athletic as some of the other guys his size who made an impact like Lamarr Woodley or Dwight Freeney. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think his upside is average and his ceiling is probably "solid 8 sack / year guy".

8 sacks would have tied for 20th in the league last year. Most definitely above average, especially when you factor in his run defense.

The thing about the Eagles' draft was, yes, they could use a nice LDE, but I felt that after the release of Sheldon Brown and the signing of Daryl Tapp, picking DE in the first round was a luxury they couldn't afford. Why they didn't go for Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson is a mystery to me when they clearly needed help in the secondary far more than they needed more bodies on the defensive line.

If they don't carry similar grades in the Eagles' eyes, there's no need to take them. Thomas and Wilson both have their warts, too. Thomas is an average tackler at best and that's a trait that can't be average in this division. I always saw Thomas as a late first-round pick and I felt the hype on him got to be a bit much. Wilson is a small corner who lacks experience against top competition. Plus, if the Eagles were set on going DE/DB in the first and second, the combo of Graham and Allen is better than the potential combo of say, Thomas and Dunlap/Griffen/Worilds.

BamaFalcon59
04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
No, Thomas and Worilds would have wrecked ish :).

But Graham and Allen is a great pair.

Sniper
04-25-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13292105/draft-grades-bucs-give-contenders-some-competition-for-honor-roll?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Best pick: Trading up in the first round to get Brandon Graham. He will be a 13-sack player in two years. I love the kid.

This, this, and more of this.

Thumper
04-25-2010, 04:29 PM

I honestly don't think I've ever rooted for a UM player more than I've rooted for Brandon Graham. Him and Charles Woodson are basically 1 and 1A as my favorite Wolverines of all-time. I've seen Graham bust his ass in the fourth quarter of a 891-3 game just because he's not a quitter. I've seen Graham single-handedly give UM hope in games they had no business being in. I've seen Brandon Graham guarantee victory and while UM didn't win, I'll be damned if it wasn't because of Brandon Graham. He steps his game up when it matters most. I've never seen Brandon Graham not smiling at some point. Not after 3-9, not after NCAA allegations across the board, not after 5-7, not after playing with nobody who's even in the same stratosphere as him in terms of pure ability. He made a team that went 8-16 in the past two years worth watching just because of the passion, energy, effort, heart and character that he brought to the table. Despite being doubled and tripled every game, Graham still managed to kill people. He's taken down Terrelle Pryor in the open field, decapitated Glenn Winston, almost hawked Javon Ringer down from 60 yards out in a foot race despite weighing over 60 pounds more, abused Bryan Bulaga like a red-headed stepchild, and gave me a reason to tune in every week. People ask me why I'm such a passionate UM fan. Brandon Graham is one of the biggest reasons anyone could be a UM fan. He's the epitome of a class act. He never complains, he's always smiling, he's always showing up and doing the dirty work even when he doesn't get a sack or a TFL, he's never been in trouble, and any person that I've ever heard that has met Graham speaks glowingly about him.

I love these kind of players, hopefully we'll see him crushing McNabb, Romo and Eli in the fourth quarter soon.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Is Urlacher your go to comparison for everyone? Didn't you compare Stewart Bradley to him as well? I'm high on Chaney, but not as high as you. But you're right he can cover and that is going to be a nice change after watching Jeremiah Trotter and Chris Gocong this past season. But Chaney tested extremely well at the combine, I think he could start right away. But the role I see him in this season is a nickel linebacker, play him at WLB on occassion, move him to SLB on obvious passing downs, kind of like what they did with Tracy White and Akeem Jordan last year.

No, I said he can turn and drop back like Urlacher, that's it. Bradley is a little more physical than Urlacher, and doesn't get as deep into coverage as Urlacher, or Chaney.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 04:44 PM
I can understand that most of you guys think Jamar is going to be a WLB/ILB type, but I dont see it. He did start at WLB his freshman and sophomore year at Mississippi State, so I can understand the belief he will be a WLB.

I just dont agree with it. He is a very big at 6'1 240 lbs, and has great athleticism for that size. I think the most important thing is that he is very strong. Two of his strongsuits is stacking and shedding blocks and reading and reacting. I would say his weaknesses are tackling in the open field and pursuit angles.

Definitely could play SLB in our defense.

This is what I see., and what I had said in my other post. He may be short, but if you watch him play, he is very physical, especially in the run game, and is a great fit a SLB for this defense. The things I highlighted are what I see as his best attributes. He drops deep into coverage, and gets there fast, which is really the only thing that reminds me of Urlacher. I definitely think his tackling technique could use some tweaking, though he wraps up well, just goes a little high. I don't see his pursuit angles as being a huge problem, some of what you see can be attributed to his role for Mississippi State's defense, where he maintained gap responsibilities, but was still able to make the play further to the outside.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I think Graham will have right around 8-10 sacks this year, and we could see him as a consistent double digit sack guy throughout his career. He is that good. As Sniper said, we seem to be ignoring half of his game, his ability to hold the POA, as well as shoot into the backfield and make plays on runs. He is a balanced DE, exactly what we want out of our LE, but the icing on the cake is his extra pass rush ability. As far as the questions about his athletecism, he was in the same range in the 40 as the other top DEs, and did pretty well throughout the rest of the combine. But those numbers don't do justice to how he is on the field.

Also, I have to say I like the Graham/Allen combo much better than a Thomas/other DE combo. Graham is the best fit of any DE in this draft for the Eagles and, as I've said before, will be the best DE in this class, IMO. Allen brings the same skillset to the secondary as Thomas, a little less range, but makes up for it in his tackling. He is a better open field tackler, by a healthy margin, and can be physical as well. Thomas would have been great, but eventually we'd be looking at him as the Asante Samuel of our Safeties, with his lack of tackling skills and desire.

superman8456
04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I like to refer to Allen as the jack of all trades, but the ace of none. Everything he does is good, but nothing really stands out about his game. I think he will have a marginal, noticeable impact, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm not sure how much time Brandon Graham will be seeing. I dont feel comfortable calling him a day 1 starter, but he could definitely see some quality reps.

Since we have a crowded LB corp now, I think Joe Mays is the 1st to go.

brat316
04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I like to refer to Allen as the jack of all trades, but the ace of none. Everything he does is good, but nothing really stands out about his game. I think he will have a marginal, noticeable impact, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm not sure how much time Brandon Graham will be seeing. I dont feel comfortable calling him a day 1 starter, but he could definitely see some quality reps.

Nah Allen is a good midfielder, he is decent in the run game.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM

In a way I agree with this, but I'd change the wording to "very good at all things" instead, since that is reall how he is. He does have a knack for causing and recovering fumbles though, so that is one area where I see he stands out a bit.

cunningham06
04-25-2010, 10:11 PM

I agree, Joe Mays is the most likely cut. I don't think Clayton Keenan makes it either.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree, Joe Mays is the most likely cut. I don't think Clayton Keenan makes it either.

Joe may stick around because of his ST ability, I think Gaither is the most likely one gone. Clayton may get IRed.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't think Clayton Keenan makes it either. Keenan Clayton on the other hand has a pretty good shot. ;)

But on a serious note, I think he can replace Tracy White really well as that backup WLB/Special Teams ace. They do already have Sims/Jordan at WLB so it should be interesting to see what happens. I can't see them cutting a 4th round pick or risk him getting snatched up on the practice squad so I can definitely see him getting put on IR for a minor injury.

Thumper
04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Dang, I am actually kind of excited about Clayton. He is not big by any standards for a LB, but he is the same size as Ernie Sims and Akeem Jordan. Clayton is also quite the athlete, he has 4.57 speed, a 4.20-second 20-yard shuttle, a 6.85-second three-cone drill, a 41 inch vertical jump, 27 reps of 225 pounds and a 10-7 broad jump. He has long arms as well. And when Andy Reid described him he said:

"I think Clayton can play both the outside positions, both the SAM and the WILL. Right now we have him at the WILL linebacker spot. Again, you're looking at a guy who made the transition from the safety position down into the box to play linebacker and all he did was make plays. He has tremendous speed, range and everything else. He's got a real knack for finding the football, good in pass coverage, somebody that can cover a tight end with his athletic ability, so we feel good about him."

And I decided to look him up and he really did make a TON of plays. In his past 2 years of starting he defended 14 passes, forced 8 fumbles, had 7 hurries, 6 sacks and 3 interceptions. But really 8 forced fumbles in 2 seasons? That is really impressive.

frubulubu
04-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I think Omar sticks with the team. He can plsy two positiins, and that will keep him on the roster.

cunningham06
04-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I think Omar sticks with the team. He can plsy two positiins, and that will keep him on the roster.

I honestly do like Gaither, he's a versatile backup like old Mark Simoneau used to be.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM

He does have versatility, but every other LB, outside of Hall and Sims, can play two positions, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

frubulubu
04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
He does have versatility, but every other LB, outside of Hall and Sims, can play two positions, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Many of these guys are rookies, and gave a huge playbook to digest. But I'll admit he will have his hands full in TC.

frubulubu
04-26-2010, 12:22 AM
I saw a interview of Brandon Graham today. It was local tv, since he is from Detroit. The guy is a smooth individual, and classy guy. He said he will not disapoint in Philly and will make the team glad they drafted him. I cant wsit to see him in action in midnight green.

LonghornsLegend
04-26-2010, 12:23 AM

This is awesome stuff. What I can respect about you is that you keep it real about prospects, whether they play for the Eagles or Michigan, or if they play for a rival team or no, if their good or bad in your eyes you'll say so, the fact that you have always held Graham in high regards and ended him on the Eagles has got to be that much more sweet. I have no doubts about his talent, he's going to be dominant and sooner then later.

Curious though....When you guys traded up, did you assume it was for Earl Thomas as well? Watching ESPN they pretty much assumed a bit too soon and started talking about how Earl fits on Philly as if they already knew who it was for, it was no secret you guys may trade up for Earl but I guess everyone was shocked to see Graham go. I wasn't sure if you, or any of you other guys had any clue what was going on when you saw you move up.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2010, 12:35 AM
This is awesome stuff. What I can respect about you is that you keep it real about prospects, whether they play for the Eagles or Michigan, or if they play for a rival team or no, if their good or bad in your eyes you'll say so, the fact that you have always held Graham in high regards and ended him on the Eagles has got to be that much more sweet. I have no doubts about his talent, he's going to be dominant and sooner then later.

Curious though....When you guys traded up, did you assume it was for Earl Thomas as well? Watching ESPN they pretty much assumed a bit too soon and started talking about how Earl fits on Philly as if they already knew who it was for, it was no secret you guys may trade up for Earl but I guess everyone was shocked to see Graham go. I wasn't sure if you, or any of you other guys had any clue what was going on when you saw you move up.

I thought it was for Thomas, I really didn't think the Eagles were going to see DE as a big enough need, but as soon as Gooddell said "Brandon" I got pumped up.

And with getting Nate Allen at 37, I actually like that situation a lot better. than going with Thomas and then a DE.

frubulubu
04-26-2010, 12:38 AM

The team had just traded for Tapp to play LE, and had traded away Sheldon Brown to the Browns. I honestly thought that they were targeting Corner and was juggling the Idea of having Wilson on my team. Im still having nightmares of seeing Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, rapeing Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel over and over.

Go_Eagles77
04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
When the eagles traded up, I was just praying it was for Earl Thomas and not JPP, didn't even know Brandon Graham was on the eagles radar haha. I was definitely happy with the pick though because like EATW alluded to, I love Graham and I liked the safety depth much more than the DE depth in the draft.

Also we ended up with a safety who is a pretty damn good ballhawk in his own right (granted not on the level as ET) but might actually be better in run support than Thomas.

camp_eagles
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
When the eagles traded up, I was just praying it was for Earl Thomas and not JPP, didn't even know Brandon Graham was on the eagles radar haha. I was definitely happy with the pick though because like EATW alluded to, I love Graham and I liked the safety depth much more than the DE depth in the draft.

LOL I thought the exact same thing. I was worried since Peter King said we were trying to move up for JPP.

camp_eagles
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Im still a little mad we didnt get either Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright from the browns in the Gocong/Brown trade but maybe now since they got Joe Haden they would be more comfortable parting with one of them and it probably would not cost us much although if a trade was going to happen most likely it would have been during the draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Im still a little mad we didnt get either Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright from the browns in the Gocong/Brown trade but maybe now since they got Joe Haden they would be more comfortable parting with one of them and it probably would not cost us much although if a trade was going to happen most likely it would have been during the draft.

Agreed, don't rule out the Eagles doing such a move, they have connections with the Browns, and we could see something happen there at some point before the season.

Thumper
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Stewart Bradley has been cleared to practice this weekend. YES! A REAL MLB!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/fantasy/09/10/idp.report/t1-bradley.jpg

Thumper
04-27-2010, 05:22 PM
The Eagles claimed Shawn Murphy off of the waiver wire today, he was cut by the Buccaneers a few days back I believe.

The Eagles also signed two more UDFA, Eric Moncur from Miami and Devin Ross from Arizona.

Sniper
04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Stewart Bradley has been cleared to practice this weekend. YES! A REAL MLB!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/fantasy/09/10/idp.report/t1-bradley.jpg

Bradley's a bit overrated right now, but I'll take it. Statistically (beyond tackles/TFL/all the easy to find stats), the Eagles were roughly the same team up the middle with Bradley as they were with Omar Gaither at MLB.

Thumper
04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Bradley's a bit overrated right now, but I'll take it. Statistically (beyond tackles/TFL/all the easy to find stats), the Eagles were roughly the same team up the middle with Bradley as they were with Omar Gaither at MLB.

I completely agree, he is overrated by fans and the media, but he is better than anything the Eagles put out there last year and we really saw his value last season. He should bring stability to the defense, something the Eagles lacked last year. I'm not expecting an all-pro year or a pro-bowl ever from Stewart Bradley but he is the best linebacker on the Eagles right now and he will be nice to have back.

frubulubu
04-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Considering how bad our linebackers are, we need all the help we can get. Its good to have Stewart back, hopefully he wont regress after his injury.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm pumped to get Bradley back, he fits the team better at MLB, has a more complete skill set than any of our MLBs last year, and point blank, is better. I'm anxious to see how he is healed, and I think if he is fully healthy he has a chance to make pro bowls in the future, though maybe not this year. He brings a lot more to the team than hisphysical traits and style of play, he is a leader as well. I thought he could be a Pro Bowl LB before the injury, and if he is healthy, he still can be. He is that good. (Assuming he is back to his old self)

Todd Bertuzzi
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm pumped to get Bradley back, he fits the team better at MLB, has a more complete skill set than any of our MLBs last year, and point blank, is better. I'm anxious to see how he is healed, and I think if he is fully healthy he has a chance to make pro bowls in the future, though maybe not this year. He brings a lot more to the team than hisphysical traits and style of play, he is a leader as well. I thought he could be a Pro Bowl LB before the injury, and if he is healthy, he still can be. He is that good. (Assuming he is back to his old self)

Agreed. Before his injury he was on the verge of breaking out and establishing himself as one of the best 4-3 MLBs out there. I'm sure the injury set him back a little, but I'm anxious to get him back and see where's he's at. If anything Bradley is underrated.

Thumper
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I am really confident in the offense, I have no tangible reason for it yet but the confidence and swagger of the players inspires hope that they can pick up right where they left off last season as one of the top offenses in the NFL. It really is incredible, when you watch the interviews and a question about the youth comes up their faces light up like you can see the confidence just take over. The confidence all the players have in Kolb has me thinking this team can still compete. They talk about Kolb the same way I do and they are oozing confidence. I'm excited to see what the "Young Guns" can do.

Edit: Perfect example, DeSean Jackson just tweeted (this is translated to english) "Back in Philly, on my stuff! Time to grind harder! The take over is coming."

frubulubu
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
A little of topic, but intresting. I just read on the Cowboys board, that Dolphins G.M. Ireland, asked Dez Bryant if "his mom was still a prostitute." How low is this on Ireland?

Thumper
04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
A little of topic, but intresting. I just read on the Cowboys board, that Dolphins G.M. Ireland, asked Dez Bryant if "his mom was still a prostitute." How low is this on Ireland?

I think understanding a player's upbringing is key to understanding a player's character. And to understand a player's upbringing I think you need to know what type of person their mother is. If I remember correctly Dez's father wasn't present which means his mother was the largest influence on Dez and to understand the character of Dez you need to understand the character of his biggest influence. Because children are at such a young and impressionable age, the scars they gain from experiencing poverty early in life inevitably carry on into their adult life. "Childhood lays the foundations for adult abilities, interests, and motivation." is a quote that really applies here. Because, if children learn certain poverty-related behaviors in childhood, the behaviors are more likely to perpetuate. Having a hard upbringing makes it more likely for a player to bust and that is something a team should find out about. There are so many cases of players having rough up bringings and busting when they get to the NFL. This is most definitely the case as many scholars have pointed out, poverty is a cycle, Ruby K. Payne in her book A Framework for Understanding Poverty said that "One aspect of generational poverty is a learned helplessness that is passed from parents to children and on down the line. This learned helplessness can be explained as the ideology that there is no way for one to get out of poverty and so in order to make the best of their situation one must live in the moment and experience what they can when they can. This leads to people spending money right as they get it"

It was a shrewd question, it was rude and abrupt but I don't think it was a completely unnecessary question.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM

I can tell you right now, if someone spoke about my mother that way, I'd jump across the table and beat the piss out of them, and not think twice about it.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I am really confident in the offense, I have no tangible reason for it yet but the confidence and swagger of the players inspires hope that they can pick up right where they left off last season as one of the top offenses in the NFL. It really is incredible, when you watch the interviews and a question about the youth comes up their faces light up like you can see the confidence just take over. The confidence all the players have in Kolb has me thinking this team can still compete. They talk about Kolb the same way I do and they are oozing confidence. I'm excited to see what the "Young Guns" can do.

Edit: Perfect example, DeSean Jackson just tweeted (this is translated to english) "Back in Philly, on my stuff! Time to grind harder! The take over is coming."

I have remained confident in the offense. Its hard not to with all the weapons, and with the cionfidence both of us have in Kolb, we should feel confident in the offense. All the weapons are back, with some added ones, and (as we see it) the QB position is not a weakness, so in terms of the skill positions, the offense is geared to go. I do worry about the O-line a bit though, and hope that everyone can get healthy and stay healthy.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
The latest rumor is Michael Vick to Buffalo for Jairus Byrd. LMAO!

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Yea, don't count on it, we already have Safety hammered out.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah there's no way of it happening, but if it did (it won't so I don't even know why I'm still talking about it) I'm sure Byrd could play CB like he did at Oregon and be a damn good one.

camp_eagles
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM

do you have a link this is too funny.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah there's no way of it happening, but if it did (it won't so I don't even know why I'm still talking about it) I'm sure Byrd could play CB like he did at Oregon and be a damn good one.

I was thinking so too, but honestly, I doubt the Bills would be willing to part with Byrd for Vick, makes no sense at all.

Hey everybody read my evaluations of the Eagles picks in the thread I made, I want to see what everyne thinks. I just have the seventh rounders to go, and I should get them done this afternoon or evening.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2010, 12:52 PM
do you have a link this is too funny.
I read it on the Eagles Message Board (I go there whenever I need a laugh). Someone said it was originally on a Florida radio station (wtf?).

camp_eagles
04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I read it on the Eagles Message Board (I go there whenever I need a laugh). Someone said it was originally on a Florida radio station (wtf?).

ah yes the eagles boards I go there when I want to feel smart. Also Im wondering what affiliation Vick or Byrd has with anyone in Florida? easily one of the worst rumors Ive heard in a long time

camp_eagles
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who already bought a #94 Brandon Graham jersey because hes already changed it to 54
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=21006

Todd Bertuzzi
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I can tell you right now, if someone spoke about my mother that way, I'd jump across the table and beat the piss out of them, and not think twice about it.

Well what he really asked is if she was ever a prostitute, not if she was still a prostitute.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Well what he really asked is if she was ever a prostitute, not if she was still a prostitute.

I don't care how he worded it, I'd deck the ****** and then tell him to take me off his draft board, because I wouldn't play for him anyway. No matter how he worded it, he was wrong.

frubulubu
04-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't care how he worded it, I'd deck the ****** and then tell him to take me off his draft board, because I wouldn't play for him anyway. No matter how he worded it, he was wrong.

I know thats right!

Eaglez.Fan
04-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Oh come on. The point of the question was to see how he'd, react not to find out if his mom is actually a **** or not. What if someone calls his mom a **** on the field? Will he take it personally and get a 15 yard penalty or will he grow up and shake it off.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh come on. The point of the question was to see how he'd, react not to find out if his mom is actually a **** or not. What if someone calls his mom a **** on the field? Will he take it personally and get a 15 yard penalty or will he grow up and shake it off.

Well if the point of the question (which is posed by a so called "professional") is to see how I'd react, he'd get a reaction, that's for sure. It's different as a player, you can go out on the field and abuse them with your play, how can you do that to a guy in a suit and tie up in his comfy box?

Eaglez.Fan
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Well if the point of the question (which is posed by a so called "professional") is to see how I'd react, he'd get a reaction, that's for sure. It's different as a player, you can go out on the field and abuse them with your play, how can you do that to a guy in a suit and tie up in his comfy box?

Yeah, I get what your saying. I'm just tired of all this politically correctness. They wanted to test his temper, I have no problem with that.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I get what your saying. I'm just tired of all this politically correctness. They wanted to test his temper, I have no problem with that.

Well as you can tell by my posts, you can tell I could give a crap about politcal correctness, lol.

frubulubu
04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
One time the Washingtom Redskins asked a RB, "if I kick you in the nuts, how would you react?" You never know what you will get from these people.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
One time the Washingtom Redskins asked a RB, "if I kick you in the nuts, how would you react?" You never know what you will get from these people.

You know what I'd say as a reply...

Go for it, then you'll get your answer. Then I'd smile.

brat316
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Some of the questions are just stupid.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Some of the questions are just stupid.

Of course, but I guess its just due dilligence. I'm sure the interviews are boring for all parties, so they try to spice it up a bit and see what type of personality/sense of humor each player has. Maybe helps to see how they fit into the locker room and with the fans and stuff.

brat316
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Of course, but I guess its just due dilligence. I'm sure the interviews are boring for all parties, so they try to spice it up a bit and see what type of personality/sense of humor each player has. Maybe helps to see how they fit into the locker room and with the fans and stuff.

yeah but asking question like that is not a interview question. How is this making the league look good? Goodell should come down with an iron fist on coaches and GMs now.

Doing your due diligence is one thing but asking questions like that really isn't. Kids have come from bad backgrounds and turn it around, and kids come from good backgrounds and have horrible lives from bad decisions.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
yeah but asking question like that is not a interview question. How is this making the league look good? Goodell should come down with an iron fist on coaches and GMs now.

Doing your due diligence is one thing but asking questions like that really isn't. Kids have come from bad backgrounds and turn it around, and kids come from good backgrounds and have horrible lives from bad decisions.

I'm talking about asking questions about what type of women you like, or what would you do if I kicked you in the balls, stuff like that. As you can tell by my reaction, I think what Ireland asked Bryant is completely uncalled for. You have to draw a line somewhere.

frubulubu
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Cowboys granted Ireland permission to speak with Bryant. I wonder, if he plans on asking for Bryant's mom phone number?

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Cowboys granted Ireland permission to speak with Bryant. I wonder, if he plans on asking for Bryant's mom phone number?

If that's his plan he better schedule a hospital visit as well.

Thumper
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/eagles-extend-qb-kevin-kolbs-contract-til-2011-with-more-than-12m-guaranteed/1

The Eagles agreed to a one-year contract extension with QB Kevin Kolb on Thursday.

The contract runs through the 2011 season. Scout.com reported it guarantees $12.26 million to Kolb.

A three-year veteran, Kolb was anointed as the Eagles' starter when they traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins earlier this month.

"When given the chance, Kevin has proven to have good command of this offense and we're looking forward to having him operate as the number one quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles," coach Andy Reid said in a statement. -- Sean Leahy

That is more than Donovan McNabb would've made and all that money is 100% guaranteed. I think that rules out the idea that trading McNabb was really to save money.

Also the rookies reported to mini-camps today, Sapp said he has been told he will play SLB and Keenan Clayton also said he has been told he will play SLB. Sapp played the bandit spot at Clemson which is essentially a stand up pass rushing linebacker and Clayton played a traditional SLB role at Oklahoma.

Morton
04-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Sapp could really open up some eyes as SLB.

He plays almost like DeMarcus Ware, sort of. He has the same physical skills and body type. He could be a force as a rush OLB, and could even contribute as a rush SLB just like Orakpo did for the Redskins last year.

Sapp + Graham coming off the strong side = money.

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Sapp could really open up some eyes as SLB.

He plays almost like DeMarcus Ware, sort of. He has the same physical skills and body type. He could be a force as a rush OLB, and could even contribute as a rush SLB just like Orakpo did for the Redskins last year.

Sapp + Graham coming off the strong side = money.

I've always been a big fan of Sapp around here when people were bashing him, needless to say I was surprised he ended up anywhere but a 3-4 team. I'm not sure how it'll work out for him in a 4-3, but dude can rush the passer and is very graceful around the edge.

If you can be creative in how you use him you should have a very good player, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a disappointment and being traded a few years later to a 3-4 team.

I think Keenan Clayton will end up being better for you guys, saw alot of him in the Big XII. Really great player at OU, very athletic, scheme is similiar for him so the learning curve won't be as steep. Still Sapp has alot more potential if you can put him in the right situations and he's always going to be an excellent pass-rusher.

Morton
04-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I definitely think Sapp is a prototypical 3-4 rush OLB, but again, like Orakpo, he might open up some eyes as a 4-3 SLB.

Hell, for all we know, maybe the Eagles are planning to move to a 3-4 defense. Might explain the 500,000 LB tweeners they picked up recently.

Thumper
04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I definitely think Sapp is a prototypical 3-4 rush OLB, but again, like Orakpo, he might open up some eyes as a 4-3 SLB.

Hell, for all we know, maybe the Eagles are planning to move to a 3-4 defense. Might explain the 500,000 LB tweeners they picked up recently.

Ummm... I promise you that is wrong.

frubulubu
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Sapp, could end up being a sitiounal pass rusher.

brat316
04-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Ummm... I promise you that is wrong.

maybe not moving, but giving more looks of it. Its a league trend now. Eagles did try it, but it was obvious what was gonna happen. The had Cole and Gocong standing up rushing the passer.

Sapp and Graham both are suited for the 3-4, it just helps make the defense multi-dimensional. Also Sapp would have been terrible DE, not strong enough and same with olb in the 3-4 not strong enough. He cant hold up against the run, and as for pass rush other than running by the tackle or swim/rip(rarely seen or used) move not much else.

Thumper
04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
You know what I don't get, how anyone could say the Eagles the worst team in NFC East. I just don't get it. I won't go on any rants in the thread its supposed to go in because I don't really feel like arguing with someone who isn't going to agree with me. You know that lobbying is most effective when you lobby someone who is already partial to your point of view?

Anyways, yeah the Eagles lost McNabb but the Eagles are really high on Kolb, I'll spare you my Kolb rants, but just know that he fits the traditional west coast offense better than McNabb does and the young players almost seem to like him better. I'll just leave it at that, I have confidence that he can move the offense and lead the young players.

At RB the Eagles lost some name value with Westbrook, but when Shady started I think he was more effective. He wasn't as effective when he had to fill in for Westbrook mid-game but when the game plan was crafted for him he did more than Westbrook did. And the Eagles really struggled with the short yardage situations last season because they lacked a true power RB (Weaver was good though) but now they've added Mike Bell and Charles Scott to shore up the short yardage woes. And now instead of running single sets with just Leonard Weaver in short yardage situations the Eagles can now throw together short yardage packages with Weaver at FB and Scott or Bell at RB. The Eagles run game should be more effective.

At receiver the Eagles young players should develop even further, DeSean Jackson will be better, Jeremy Maclin's production should jump as he further adjusts to the NFL, Avant will still be Mr. consistent and now the Eagles will have a better #4 receiver in Riley Cooper who according to Jordan Raanan of CSN said that Riley Cooper looked like a defensive end, he will be a welcome upgrade over the constantly injured Kevin Curtis who played in what, 2 games last year? The Eagles receivers should be better as well.

The tight end situation should improve as well, Brent Celek will likely get some more looks since Kevin Kolb is at QB and they're good friends. And instead of Alex Smith as the #2 QB the Eagles will have Ingram and Harbor who are very nice receiving tight ends who will likely be good red-zone targets. They might not be great blockers, but they should provide more as a unit in terms of receiving and athleticism.

The offensive line believe it or not will be better. Last season the Eagles offensive line was just raped by injuries, Todd Herramens missed 5 games, Jason Peters missed 2 games, Jamaal Jackson missed 1.5, Stacy Andrews never recovered from his ACL injury completely, Shawn Andrews missed the entire season. Basically that line was running on its reserves by the middle of the season, there was actually a point against the Raiders and Cowboys where 4 starters were missing. And chemistry should be better, injuries forced players to move around and the line was never really steady and they lacked consistency, that should change this season as the players are more comfortable with each other. I think the Eagles offensive line will be better this season as long as they stay healthy.

Also the defensive line is going to be better, the Eagles defensive line struggled to create pressure with 4 man fronts last season, so they drafted Brandon Graham, DTN and Ricky Sapp to help bring the heat. Adding good defensive ends will help Trent Cole get more sacks and help keep offenses from attacking the secondary. The increased pass rush should also force quarterbacks to step up in the pocket and allow Bunkley and Patterson to get more sacks. The Eagles defensive line is better than it was last season.

The linebackers are going to be EXTREMELY better than last season. Stewart Bradley is coming back and he is the Eagles best linebacker. Also the Eagles linebackers really struggled in pass coverage and overall they were just below average all season, now the Eagles have Ernie Sims, Jamar Chaney, Keenan Clayton and Alex Hall added to the stable to help up the performance of linebackers. Also another big addition will be Omar Gaither coming back.

The safety situation is much improved, they added a good FS which should help the entire defense and they have solid depth in Demps and Jackson. Mikell should do better this season with a good FS next to him. Last season Sean Jones couldn't cover to save his life and Macho Harris was still getting adjusted to the position.

The only spot where I think the Eagles downgraded significantly if at all was corner. Losing Sheldon Brown wasn't a great thing for the defense but I think that the improved defensive line will help compensate for the loss of Sheldon.

Also the special teams will be better, they added the best special teams coordinator in the game in Bobby April and Ellis Hobbs is coming back to return kicks, Quintin Demps will get more reps and the Eagles added some good special teams players like Hank Baskett, Keenan Clayton and Alex Hall.

I think the only thing that might hold this team back from making the playoffs are Kevin Kolb's hiccups as he becomes a full time starter and the super hard schedule the Eagles have. If Kolb can play at a relatively high level and move the offense I don't think you will see a big drop off (if there is any) for the Eagles. The team overall is better than it was a few months ago.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I think if the Redskins finally get their act together, which is quite possible now with McNabb at the helm, than we could be in trouble. We have a rookie QB coming in and he's bound to be prone to some growing pains. Couple that with the difficulty of our division and schedule and there's a decent chance we could finish 4th in the NFC East.

Thumper
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I think if the Redskins finally get their act together, which is quite possible now with McNabb at the helm, than we could be in trouble. We have a rookie QB coming in and he's bound to be prone to some growing pains. Couple that with the difficulty of our division and schedule and there's a decent chance we could finish 4th in the NFC East.

Redskins aren't a threat at all, they can't protect McNabb and McNabb isn't good when he gets no protection, he gets happy feet, accuracy goes out the window, he starts feeling pressure early and he takes his eyes off the receivers. When you can't protect McNabb, McNabb isn't nearly as good. Their running game is garbage, their receivers are mediocre, their safeties suck, their corners are mediocre and their front 7 which was the strength of the team last season is going through a scheme switch and Haynesworth, their best player doesn't approve.

The Redskins aren't a threat.

Go_Eagles77
04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I wish the eagles were the run away leaders of that poll, because it would be that much sweeter when they prove everyone wrong.

Morton
04-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Thumper: the reason alot of people are down on the Eagles in 2010 is because there is alot of uncertainty at the QB position. For all we know, Kolb could really struggle in his first starting year. Of course, he could also be solid, or even great, but we just don't know.

If Kolb does struggle, it will be very hard not to be the #3 or #4 team in the NFC East next year. The Cowboys and the Giants are good, established teams looking to make a playoff run, and the Redskins could be alot better next year too, and have no QB issues anymore.

Obviously, the Eagles could surprise people and claim a division title if Kolb plays really well, but the opposite is very possible also. It all depends on how well Kolb plays.

Thumper
04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Thumper: the reason alot of people are down on the Eagles in 2010 is because there is alot of uncertainty at the QB position. For all we know, Kolb could really struggle in his first starting year. Of course, he could also be solid, or even great, but we just don't know.

If Kolb does struggle, it will be very hard not to be the #3 or #4 team in the NFC East next year. The Cowboys and the Giants are good, established teams looking to make a playoff run, and the Redskins could be alot better next year too, and have no QB issues anymore.

Obviously, the Eagles could surprise people and claim a division title if Kolb plays really well, but the opposite is very possible also.

Obviously, I'm just amazed at how some people are acting like the Eagles fell off the face off the earth, like McNabb and Sheldon Brown MADE this team and that without them the Eagles are doomed. That just isn't right, the team as a whole is more talented than they were last year. I'm not saying the Eagles are Dallas bound but c'mon the Eagles aren't finished.

igglefanz
04-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Really here is my issues with the Eagles success this year. The middle 3 of the OL I am very leery about. As it is now its Herrimans Cole and St. Andrews
/Giles. I really don't expect Jackson to be ready till at least midseason unless he is way ahead of schedule. And I doubt Shawn Andrews is even in football shape let alone wanting to play to be resigned. I am not going to rag on Washington's line when ours isn't that great to begin with.

I have said this before and will say it again, good or bad kolb needs a pocket to throw from. His arm is OK as of strength, average at best. He will need to be able to step up and throw but if there is DT's in his face and has to throw off his back foot I see alot of lame duck passes being put up. And with the fact that Stacy has injury issues it makes me even less trusting in the line. One injury to any of those 3 and that line gets even softer. I really think its gonna be a rough year even if Kolb plays well for him due to this. We may have tons of weapons but Kolb will need time to be able to deliver the ball.

Thumper
04-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Woah woah woah, our line is FAR better than Washington's line. If anything the Eagles have the best offensive line in the division, Dallas has a mediocre LT, LG and RT and last season even though the Eagles line was banged up all season they still outperformed the Giants offensive line. the Eagles QBs were hit 67 times and the Giants QBs were hit 74 times. Eagles Qbs were sacked 38 times and Giants QBs were sacked 32 times. So the Giants QBs were hit one more time than the Eagles. The Eagles also passed more than the Giants did. Also if you look at Footballoutsider's offensive line statistics you will see that the Eagles offensive line was markedly better than the Giant's offensive line at run blocking, this is also shown by NFL.com when they point out that the Eagles runners averaged 4.3 yards per carry and the Giants averaged 4.1 (FO outlines a larger difference). The offensive lines in this division have gone downhill quick.

Anyways I don't get why you included Herramens in that post, there were years when he outperformed Shawn Andrews. Herramens is one of the most underrated guards in the NFL. I see the interior of the offensive line working out like this: LG: Herramens C: McGlynn RG: Cole

Also I think the Eagles will help Kolb by running the ball a lot more, they have 4 runners who are capable of taking a significant work load. The Eagles have the horses to run this season and one thing the Eagles offensive line has is power, they're HUGE and they're all good at run blocking. Jason Peters is the best run blocking LT in the NFL, Herramens more than holds his own, Nick Cole, Max Jean-Gilles and Stacy Andrews are all better run blockers, Winston Justice is actually a good run blocker and Fenuki Tupuo is a powerful lineman as well.

Also I don't understand why people question Kolb's arm strength he showed he had enough to succeed in the NFL. I hate to use one play as an example, but this is a perfect example of Kolb's arm strength, it really shows that Kolb has what it takes in terms of arm strength, it's as pretty a deep ball as you will see.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsfI3E6wP7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsfI3E6wP7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kolb doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he can sling it deep just fine.

igglefanz
04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Herremans is a decent OG he is no Steve Hutchinson or Alan Fanneca in their prime. When Shawn Andrews was on at OG he was a monster, Herremans isnt even close to what Andrews was when at his peak. Herremans outperformed yes when Andrews head was in the clouds or was fighting a back injury. Really if Herremans is as good as you said he is he would of been the starting RT last year not Justice. Andrews was going to be put out there because of how good he performed. And I like justice but if you cant beat Justice out of that spot there is no way Herremans>Sh Andrews at his peak.

We have One pro bowler on this OL and even then Its an average line. I see Kolb getting sacked 40 plus this year easy maybe even 50. Teams like Dallas are going to have a field day on us. I mean really Mcglynn is a guard. Center is alot harder then OG but will see. Hell I hope I am wrong but I am not sold on this line yet. Peters is great most of the time but has moments, Also prone to injury as he has missed a game or 2 each of the last 3 seasons. Justice is a good RT but I wouldnt call him even a top 10 RT in the league. Cole is good as a guard and hope that either Mcglynn can do what you say Or we sign/trade for a starting C and let him move back because as a center he is too slow out of his stance.

Thumper
04-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Herremans is a decent OG he is no Steve Hutchinson or Alan Fanneca in their prime. When Shawn Andrews was on at OG he was a monster, Herremans isnt even close to what Andrews was when at his peak. Herremans outperformed yes when Andrews head was in the clouds or was fighting a back injury. Really if Herremans is as good as you said he is he would of been the starting RT last year not Justice. Andrews was going to be put out there because of how good he performed. And I like justice but if you cant beat Justice out of that spot there is no way Herremans>Sh Andrews at his peak.

We have One pro bowler on this OL and even then Its an average line. I see Kolb getting sacked 40 plus this year easy maybe even 50. Teams like Dallas are going to have a field day on us. I mean really Mcglynn is a guard. Center is alot harder then OG but will see. Hell I hope I am wrong but I am not sold on this line yet. Peters is great most of the time but has moments, Also prone to injury as he has missed a game or 2 each of the last 3 seasons. Justice is a good RT but I wouldnt call him even a top 10 RT in the league. Cole is good as a guard and hope that either Mcglynn can do what you say Or we sign/trade for a starting C and let him move back because as a center he is too slow out of his stance.

Why move Herramens out of LG? Why make two spots weaker? Justice is actually (to my surprise) a good player and Jaun Castillo and Andy Reid knew that. Why weaken the LG spot? And Herramens never had the raw talent that Shawn had, but Shawn played next to Tra Thomas who was one of the best in the game while he was here and Herramens metrics were better than Shawn Andrews. Herramens is a really good offensive guard, not an elite talent but he is definitely underrated and together with Jason Peters they form one of the best left sides in football.

igglefanz
04-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Also that play you put that is nice on that play he has a good pocket to step up into. It took all he had to throw the ball 35 yards. That is a good throw but that doesn't prove arm strength Hell limp arm Garcia can throw a ball that far. That there is my point. If he has a pocket things can be good but if pocket collapses think Mcnabb struggled its gonna be worse then that.

eaglesalltheway
04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
The Eagles success this season relies on two areas of the team, the secondary and the O-line/Kolb. If the line can give Kolb enough time, as well as generate holes in the run game, taking pressure off Kolb in the passing game, the offense should have a high level of success, similar to last season. The secondary is going to rely a bit on the pressure the front 4 gets, and if whoever starts at RCB can cover their responsibility well enough for the pressure to affect the QB, the lack of talent at RCB will be minimized. Also if Nate Allen can come in and do what he should do, I think that boosts the secondary a great bit.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Obviously, I'm just amazed at how some people are acting like the Eagles fell off the face off the earth, like McNabb and Sheldon Brown MADE this team and that without them the Eagles are doomed. That just isn't right, the team as a whole is more talented than they were last year. I'm not saying the Eagles are Dallas bound but c'mon the Eagles aren't finished.

I don't think people are acting like the Eagles fell off the face of the earth, but in a division as competitive as ours it's quite possible we end up at the bottom.

brat316
04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Woah woah woah, our line is FAR better than Washington's line. If anything the Eagles have the best offensive line in the division, Dallas has a mediocre LT, LG and RT and last season even though the Eagles line was banged up all season they still outperformed the Giants offensive line. the Eagles QBs were hit 67 times and the Giants QBs were hit 74 times. Eagles Qbs were sacked 38 times and Giants QBs were sacked 32 times. So the Giants QBs were hit one more time than the Eagles. The Eagles also passed more than the Giants did. Also if you look at Footballoutsider's offensive line statistics you will see that the Eagles offensive line was markedly better than the Giant's offensive line at run blocking, this is also shown by NFL.com when they point out that the Eagles runners averaged 4.3 yards per carry and the Giants averaged 4.1 (FO outlines a larger difference). The offensive lines in this division have gone downhill quick.

Also I don't understand why people question Kolb's arm strength he showed he had enough to succeed in the NFL. I hate to use one play as an example, but this is a perfect example of Kolb's arm strength, it really shows that Kolb has what it takes in terms of arm strength, it's as pretty a deep ball as you will see.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsfI3E6wP7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsfI3E6wP7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kolb doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he can sling it deep just fine.

Why don't you bring up the cowboys line stats if they are so mediocre?

Also 35 yard throw most qbs should be able to do...and a lob at that.

Thumper
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
The Cowboys outside of Gurode and Davis are a mediocre line, Doug Free and Marc Colombo are average and will get eaten alive bt Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and Brandon Graham and Kyle Kosier is mediocre as well. With Flo gone they will be a much worse line because Adams was actually one of the best run blocking tackles in the game and he shut down Trent Cole twice last year.

Also, have you guys looked at the training camp pictures? Nothing really interesting. But Charles Scott is effing HUGE, he looks like he is in shoulder pads already, holy crap he is big.

frubulubu
04-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Seriously Mcglynn and playing in the interear does not make me confident.

Thumper
04-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Seriously Mcglynn and playing in the interear does not make me confident.

Why? You've never seen him play before. From what I understand he is a player with a solid anchor, is good in pass protection and plays mean. He isn't a world beater by any stretch but I think he could be serviceable, he is smart and agressive and he is much quicker than Nick Cole. I really think McGlynn is one of those players who isn't going to be great, but he will be a good starter and since he isn't overly big or powerful he really doesn't pop on the practice field but I think in live game scenarios he will be a good player.

Also the Eagles played Alex Hall as a DE today.

Victor Abiamiri can't even run until August and will likely miss the season after micro-fracture surgery.

Max Jean-Gilles had lap band surgery to lose weight, he said that after he hurt his ankle last year he wasn't able to work out so his weight balooned even more and he was pushing 400 pounds and he decided that wasn't healthy, he is down to 375 and is expected to lose about 50 more pounds by July. I really like this, this move will improve his conditioning and it will allow him to be more mobile and get to the second level. Plus it will help his long term health which is always a good thing.

The OG the Eagles claimed off of Tampa Bay failed a physical and Greg Isdander is now back from what I understand. Also the UDFA from LSU failed his physical and is now replaced by Darryl Jackson, 350 pound NT from Kean U.

Big Stew reportedly moved well today as well, thats really good news.

brat316
04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.

Go_Eagles77
04-30-2010, 07:33 PM
EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.
Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.

Sniper
04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.

There's a common denominator here. Let me find it...

Thumper
04-30-2010, 07:36 PM
There's a common denominator here. Let me find it...

Oh I know! I know! They both played for Notre Dame.

Go_Eagles77
04-30-2010, 07:43 PM
That doesn't mean anything, look at Brady Qui-

Nevermind.

Sniper
04-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh I know! I know! They both played for Notre Dame.

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

Although I did love Laws when he came out, so I can't be too happy.

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
The Cowboys outside of Gurode and Davis are a mediocre line, Doug Free and Marc Colombo are average and will get eaten alive bt Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and Brandon Graham and Kyle Kosier is mediocre as well. With Flo gone they will be a much worse line because Adams was actually one of the best run blocking tackles in the game and he shut down Trent Cole twice last year.

Also, have you guys looked at the training camp pictures? Nothing really interesting. But Charles Scott is effing HUGE, he looks like he is in shoulder pads already, holy crap he is big.

Doug Free is an unknown at this point. When he was a RT he was very solid and played at a pro bowl level, if you look up his stats for all year he was one of the better offensive lineman period. D posted that link before, I'll post it if I can find it.

Columbo also is much better then average. Dude has always been a beast of a RT, he was rushed back from injury last year which led to him being demolished vs Minny but he should have never been playing to begin with. He's still been an anchor on our line and has never been just average.

Kosier sucks IMO, people will point out how he was one of our best lineman last year and he did get better, but he's always sucked to me. Free is just an unknown, someone could just as easily say he's great as they could mediocre, hard to say for sure which one it'll be but there is alot more evidence to suggest he's better then mediocre.

Just because there is new blood on the line doesn't mean the entire unit will be worse. Do you really think Jerry would cut Flozell if he felt Free would be a downgrade? That's not even his style, and at worst it'll be a wash.

Thumper
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
I just think the line will be worse because I think Flozell Adams was actually a good player, I don't really see that in Free. But we'll see, I don't really track back-up tackles from the Cowboys so he could be the next big thing for all I know.

---------------
Anyways, I hate to bring this up after the fiasco in the NFC East forum but I feel like this is good to hear and that you should all like this (http://www.gcobb.com/2010/04/30/a-number-of-second-year-eagles-have-gotten-bigger/) as well.
I think we’re going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear he’s been living up in wide receiver coach David Culley’s office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean.

frubulubu
04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
McGlynn, is in the same boat as Free, we simply dont know. They could be a disapointment or solid contributors. We will wait and see.

Thumper
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
The Eagles defense dominated the Eagles offense today. I was going through tweets from Geoff Mosher and it was always somebody on defense making a play and flying around and I really think the new players are going to get better, they're small, fast and love to hit and they're really athletic.

Also apparently Ernie Sims has been great thus far, Sean McDermott said "There's a shark in the water right now, and thats Ernie Sims." I really think that if he can channel what he did at Florida State I really think he could be a steal for the Eagles.

Marty Morninwheg said the offense will change to reflect Kevin Kolb's strengths, meaning watch out for Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin.

frubulubu
05-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Good stuff on the camp updates, Thump! Thanks for sharing.

Thumper
05-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm also reading that new leadership is emerging, on offense I've heard Kevin Kolb, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Mike McGlynn. On defense you have the usual suspects in Asante Samuel, Stewart Bradley and Quintin Mikell.

Kevin Kolb was getting in the face of some young receivers telling them that when the pocket collapses they have to come back, this shows me that he can be a fiery leader and that he isn't afraid to grab someone by the collar.
LeSean McCoy who is one of the only returning runners was seen directing the younger runners and Mike Bell who are new to the team.
DeSean Jackson got on Riley Cooper about finishing plays.
Mike McGlynn is apparently really assertive in the huddle, making adjustments and overall just playing mean. I really expected this from Mike McGlynn.

EDIT: Jeremy Maclin already had defined arms, but I just saw a picture of him and he looks much bigger, he has to be at least 210.

frubulubu
05-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Im liking what I see in this bunch, Kolb, looks like he is a leader. Keep us updated, Thumper.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
It should also be mentioned that right now, Harris is starting at FS, and Tapp was backing up Cole at RE. Also, Victor Abiamiri had (or is having, not sure) microfracture surgery on his knee, which goes a bit of the way to attributing why DE was addressed so early and often in the draft. Chaney and Sapp also are being looked at as SLBs. Keenean Clayton also saw time at SLB as well, though IDK if that is best suited for him.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2010, 10:25 PM
He might be IRed, but I can say that it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him. You know what happeneddd with the last guy that had microfracture surgery on his knee. Granted Runyan was a bit older, but I could see them cutting ties with VA at this point. Needless to say, he wasn't what I expected. I never expect much out of him as a pass rusher, but he underperformed there as to what I expected. He was pretty much what I expected in the run game, however even in that aspect of the game he didn't live up to my expectations.

Not sure if you mean Laws is my buddy or Abiamiri's, but I liked Laws, and I still like him more than all but 3 of the Eagles DTs. Jeff Owens was a good pick value-wise, but he isn't better than Laws, which is saying something. He doesn't play to his measurables. I can see the Eagles keeping 5 DTs this season though, so both may end up on the final roster.

Thumper
05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
The defensive end scenario got complicated now that Abiamiri is hurt, the Eagles had great depth with Abs but now they only have good depth. At RDE I can see it working out with Trent Cole starting and playing all the snaps like he always does and at LDE there will be a rotation of Parker, Te'o-Neshiem (did I finally get it right?!), Graham and Tapp. Then if Cole gets hurt just slide Graham over to RDE and run with a rotation of Jaqua, DTN and Tapp at LE.

Also EATW the reason that Macho is starting is because the Eagles want Nate Allen to fully heal a quad injury. Also none of the rookies are starters right now because Andy Reid doesn't want to heap too much on the rookies, at the end of August I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 rookie starters.

Trevor Laws can't handle the two gap scheme the Eagles run, he just isn't strong enough at the point of attack, he is consistently blown off the line of scrimmage. Thats the reason why the Antonio Dixon took over Laws' spot last season and I don't think Dixon gives it up, Dixon was really impressive last season IMO. And Jeff Owens is a strong run defender, he isn't a good penetrator IMO but he plays really strong against the run and he commanded double teams in college which is why Geno Atkins had 10.5 sacks (2 seasons) with Owens and none without him.

Also worth noting is that McGlynn has taken most of the snaps at center. King Dunlap has looked improved. Alex Hall listed as a SLB has been playing with his hand in the dirt. I've heard nothing from Mike Bell and that Charles Scott is outperforming him at this point. I've heard that Keenan Clayton has been good in coverage which is to be expected. Ernie Sims has made the biggest impression on the Eagles, he is fast and has looked really good.

frubulubu
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?

Thumper
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?

He plays positional drills but doesn't play in team drills to help prevent injury to his knee, team drills have more movement, more players moving around and by holding him out he is less likely to reinjure his knee (remember he only tore it in late October so he isn't as far into his rehab as Stewart Bradley and Cornelius Ingram are.

Thumper
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
LeSean McCoy is convinced he could beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight...

So look I think I can beat mayweather no shrimp is going to beat me 5"7 please a right from me he's sleep

@iHeartKira u stop I'm serious no lil ol man will dominate me I bench press 4x mayweather what's he way 145lbs.

I can punch with both hands and I wrestled in junior high he wouldn't last 10min. If u seen me stiff arm imagine it's a jab

If I can fend off 260 pound lb's with killer instincts with a stiff arm I swear a jab from me to a 145 man would have him bed ridden

frubulubu
05-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Is Jackson going to play corner?

Thumper
05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Is Jackson going to play corner?

Right now based on the depth chart that Andy Reid has been using at practice the RCB depth chart looks like this: 1-Ellis Hobbs 2-Joselio Hanson 3-Trevard Lindley

frubulubu
05-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Right now based on the depth chart that Andy Reid has been using at practice the RCB depth chart looks like this: 1-Ellis Hobbs 2-Joselio Hanson 3-Trevard Lindley

Damn...NO!

Thumper
05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Damn...NO!

Well do you want Marlin Jackson playing RCB? The guy was running a 4.63 before he tore up both his knees. In Indianapolis I know they shifted him inside at nickel alot and thats really where I hope he fits in, he would be like having a third safety on the field, one of the best run supporting corners in the league and he is really physical but at this point with his knees the way they are I don't think there is anyway he survives outside anymore, especially since he would have to cover the NFC East receivers and some of those guys are monsters.

frubulubu
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
I dont think Jackson would be the solution, but Im hopeful Hobbs wont be our guy. Maybe we pick somebody up in June??

Thumper
05-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I dont think Jackson would be the solution, but Im hopeful Hobbs wont be our guy. Maybe we pick somebody up in June??

I think that Hanson ends up being the guy, he has done well in the past and he has a big contract, in the NFC Championship game against the Cardinals he was the Eagles best corner that game. He is a really good nickel and I think given the amount of money he was given last year the Eagles might be expecting a move to RCB.

But Ellis Hobbs sucks so much.

frubulubu
05-02-2010, 12:56 AM

Indeed, he does.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
The defensive end scenario got complicated now that Abiamiri is hurt, the Eagles had great depth with Abs but now they only have good depth. At RDE I can see it working out with Trent Cole starting and playing all the snaps like he always does and at LDE there will be a rotation of Parker, Te'o-Neshiem (did I finally get it right?!), Graham and Tapp. Then if Cole gets hurt just slide Graham over to RDE and run with a rotation of Jaqua, DTN and Tapp at LE.

Also EATW the reason that Macho is starting is because the Eagles want Nate Allen to fully heal a quad injury. Also none of the rookies are starters right now because Andy Reid doesn't want to heap too much on the rookies, at the end of August I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 rookie starters.

Trevor Laws can't handle the two gap scheme the Eagles run, he just isn't strong enough at the point of attack, he is consistently blown off the line of scrimmage. Thats the reason why the Antonio Dixon took over Laws' spot last season and I don't think Dixon gives it up, Dixon was really impressive last season IMO. And Jeff Owens is a strong run defender, he isn't a good penetrator IMO but he plays really strong against the run and he commanded double teams in college which is why Geno Atkins had 10.5 sacks (2 seasons) with Owens and none without him.

Also worth noting is that McGlynn has taken most of the snaps at center. King Dunlap has looked improved. Alex Hall listed as a SLB has been playing with his hand in the dirt. I've heard nothing from Mike Bell and that Charles Scott is outperforming him at this point. I've heard that Keenan Clayton has been good in coverage which is to be expected. Ernie Sims has made the biggest impression on the Eagles, he is fast and has looked really good.
The Eagles Cole, Graham, Tapp, DTN, and PArker right now. I see the Eagles adding another DE at some point during TC, which will once again bring the DE depth from good to great. You arguably won't find a better set of 4 DEs in the league, so that itself almost makes it great depth.

Also, Owens has the size to take up blockers, but he doesn't have the playing style. Like I said in my evalutation of him, he doesn't have the strength to take up blockers in the NFL, and will get washed easily. He's basically a bigger (fatter) version of Laws, only he isn't as explosive and offers even less in his pass rush. If the Eagles keep 5 DTs, Owens will make the team. If they keep 4, Laws should make it over Owens.

Well do you want Marlin Jackson playing RCB? The guy was running a 4.63 before he tore up both his knees. In Indianapolis I know they shifted him inside at nickel alot and thats really where I hope he fits in, he would be like having a third safety on the field, one of the best run supporting corners in the league and he is really physical but at this point with his knees the way they are I don't think there is anyway he survives outside anymore, especially since he would have to cover the NFC East receivers and some of those guys are monsters.

Honestly, if it came down to Jackson and Hobbs, I'd want Jackson in there. IDK how far along Jackson's recovery is, but Hobbs is so atrocious in coverage that Jackson wouldn't be a downgrade in coverage. But Jackson has the physicality to hold up better against the monster NFC East WRs, get them off their routes, and also is a MUCH better run supporter than Hobbs. Hobbs' value on the Eagles is his return ability. Unless he really fixes his **** this year, if Hobbs is starting, expect him to get burnt consistently. Jackson may still get burnt, maybe even just as much, but at least he will help A LOT more in the run game.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I think that Hanson ends up being the guy, he has done well in the past and he has a big contract, in the NFC Championship game against the Cardinals he was the Eagles best corner that game. He is a really good nickel and I think given the amount of money he was given last year the Eagles might be expecting a move to RCB.

Its definitely possible. Hanson will hold up better in coverage than either Hobbs or Jackson, and also is a decent blitzer and is good in run support. Not as good as Jackson, but still much better than Hobbs.

LonghornsLegend
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Marty Morninwheg said the offense will change to reflect Kevin Kolb's strengths, meaning watch out for Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin.

Just curious what this may mean. The Eagles always seemed like a pass happy team which should already suit the strengths of Kolb coming out of Houston who threw all the time.

Also he seemed to hook up with DeSean on some pretty deep balls a few times, so I would consider that something that would be involved quite a bit also. Hard for me to see things changing much, I would of expected maybe more running but it's not really Andy Reid's style and you guys didn't take a RB very early.

Will be interesting to watch none the less, I'm still expecting an air it out attack, Kolb threw the ball all over the place at Houston.

Sniper
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Kolb doesn't have the big sex cannon like Donny Mac did, so we'll probably see more short routes. I think that's what he meant.

superman8456
05-02-2010, 09:48 PM
The Eagles Cole, Graham, Tapp, DTN, and PArker right now. I see the Eagles adding another DE at some point during TC, which will once again bring the DE depth from good to great. You arguably won't find a better set of 4 DEs in the league, so that itself almost makes it great depth.

Also, Owens has the size to take up blockers, but he doesn't have the playing style. Like I said in my evalutation of him, he doesn't have the strength to take up blockers in the NFL, and will get washed easily. He's basically a bigger (fatter) version of Laws, only he isn't as explosive and offers even less in his pass rush. If the Eagles keep 5 DTs, Owens will make the team. If they keep 4, Laws should make it over Owens.

Honestly, if it came down to Jackson and Hobbs, I'd want Jackson in there. IDK how far along Jackson's recovery is, but Hobbs is so atrocious in coverage that Jackson wouldn't be a downgrade in coverage. But Jackson has the physicality to hold up better against the monster NFC East WRs, get them off their routes, and also is a MUCH better run supporter than Hobbs. Hobbs' value on the Eagles is his return ability. Unless he really fixes his **** this year, if Hobbs is starting, expect him to get burnt consistently. Jackson may still get burnt, maybe even just as much, but at least he will help A LOT more in the run game.

Dont forget we have Ricky Sapp and Alex Hall, both of which can work with their hand on the ground.

I wouldnt be very surprised to see Quintin Demps get some shots at CB time. I remember him being in on some dime situations. He definitely has the athletic ability to do it, so I say give him a shot.

Jackson should only be a FS. Nothing else.

Go_Eagles77
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
The more Brent Celek, the better. Dude's a stud.

On that note, a video of Brent Celek beasting in 2nd grade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCgwH4uI4gM

frubulubu
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
McNabb utilized his tight end at the start of his career quite often. He put Chad Lewis in the pro bowl, of all people. Celek, is more talented than Lewis, and will help Kolb tremendously.

Thumper
05-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Kevin and Brent are best friends off the field too, so you know the chemistry is there on the field.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Anyone see the new throwbacks?

http://promo.images.store.philadelphiaeagles.com/PhiladelphiaEagles/67_prm_043010_983x318_50th.jpg

Awesome.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Dont forget we have Ricky Sapp and Alex Hall, both of which can work with their hand on the ground.

I wouldnt be very surprised to see Quintin Demps get some shots at CB time. I remember him being in on some dime situations. He definitely has the athletic ability to do it, so I say give him a shot.

Jackson should only be a FS. Nothing else.

Ricky Sapp can play with his hand on the dirt, but with his style of play, the only time I want him on the LOS is in OBVIOUS passign downs. He is more sutited to play SLB. As I said with guys like Kindle and Hughes, Sapp's body style doesn't fit playing DE on a consistent basis, and with his style of play, he is a SLB first and a DE second. Alex Hall has seen a lot of time at DE, though I haven't had the opportunity to see it much, so we'll see how that works out. Of any of out younger FSs, I think Harris is the one most likely to make the switch back to CB. He has more experience at CB, and if he was playing out of position last season and still beat Demps, who is more of a natural FS, that should tell you what the Eagles feel about the both of them. I would like to see Jackson at CB on occasion, but I realize he is better suited to play at FS at this point. But with certain packages the defense will see on offense, it may be more beneficial to have him at CB on a few occasions.

Those throwbacks are sexy, BTW.

cunningham06
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Anything but those hideous blue and gold throwbacks, those should all be burned.

Thumper
05-03-2010, 11:05 AM
I must get one of those, I've been waiting on Kelly green throwbacks.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2i900a8.jpg

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM

You guys need to bust these out more, I'd do anything to get a Randall Cunningham jersey in this color.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM

I love Celek on the field, but the guy looks half ********... lol. He's a real cool guy to talk to though.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
You guys need to bust these out more, I'd do anything to get a Randall Cunningham jersey in this color.

Defintiely not the first thing I'd expect coming from a cowboys fan, lol. But then again, not every fan is an imcredible homer rivalling the likes that is the Thumper.

cunningham06
05-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Agreed, I'd love to get one as well.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Franklin Field

http://media.philly.com/images/050310-Kelly-green-003.jpg

http://media.philly.com/images/050310-Kelly-green-004.jpg

cunningham06
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Desean looks like Steve Urkel next to Bradley and Celek

superman8456
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Anybody hear anything on Clay Harbor/Cornelius Ingram? I'm expecting our TE's to have a big impact because they're always a first year QB's best friend.

brat316
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
DJax looks like a he is 10 years old in that second picture.

frubulubu
05-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I grew up watching them Kelly green unis, Im pumped! Cunningham is the first on my wishlist as well.I hope they wear those against the Lions.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
They're wearing them week 1 against the packers, the same team they beat in the 1960 championship game.

Morton
05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
DeSean Jackson is so tiny.

Celek looks sh!t-faced.

Stewart Bradley is a dead ringer for "Zack" from "Little People".

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Anybody hear anything on Clay Harbor/Cornelius Ingram? I'm expecting our TE's to have a big impact because they're always a first year QB's best friend.

Ingram only dropped one pass all traing camp before his injury last year, and I saw hundreds of ball thrown at him. If he is recovered, expect a nice contribution from him, he is huge and exceptionally athletic. I really like him, but since I'm tired I won't go into a lot of detail why, sorry, if you want more tomorrow I'll be more than happy to add to this.

Harbor is a great fit and will also make some contributions. I really like him and once again, if you want reasons why I'll go into more detail tomorrow.

frubulubu
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Ingram only dropped one pass all traing camp before his injury last year, and I saw hundreds of ball thrown at him. If he is recovered, expect a nice contribution from him, he is huge and exceptionally athletic. I really like him, but since I'm tired I won't go into a lot of detail why, sorry, if you want more tomorrow I'll be more than happy to add to this.

Harbor is a great fit and will also make some contributions. I really like him and once again, if you want reasons why I'll go into more detail tomorrow.

Your preaching to the choir!

Thumper
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Continuing a discussion that started in the FA thread but was off topic, hopefully this guy sees this...

Ok you cannot seriously say even maybe Kolb is better than McNabb.
You then go on to defeat youre own point by saying Rodgers went 5-11 and are expecting hiccups. You trade your franchise QB, you better be ready to win now with whomever steps in.
I could easily see the Skins picking up 6-7 wins under Shanny's offense and new D.
Kinda like noway he benches McNabb in the middle of a game...

Oh yeah BTW
Rodgers skill set >>>>>>>> Kolb's

Potentially he could be, Kolb has a much better supporting cast. Kolb is on the upswing and McNabb is going to start fading. Plus have you ever seen McNabb play without a decent offensive line and with pressure in his face? He is terrible, mechanics, accuracy, footwork all go out the window, he'll be playing with a terrible offensive line in Washington and in division he'll be playing against pass rushing fiends Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Trent Cole, Brandon Graham, DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff. McNabb is injury prone too, he is so screwed for next year. The Eagles know when to get rid of players, McNabb is an aging 33 year old QB who was going to be a free agent and the Eagles have had success with AJ Feely and Jeff Garcia in the past.

And you really expect Shanny to be that great? He has a terrible offensive line, no running backs that are decent and his defense is changing schemes to a 3-4 and those changes aren't typically smooth, especially when your best defensive player doesn't like the switch.

And you said "So I can expect you back here still happy Donovan is gone when Washington finishes ahead of you?" Proposing a completely hypothetical situation and my response was, I don't expect them to but I wouldn't be happy or mad because I am expecting hiccups. But I still see no way Washington tops Philly, they're less talented across the board.

And I think that Kevin Kolb's skill set is quite comprable to Aaron Rodgers, they have similar arm strengths, similar accuracy, similar mobility, similar intelligence, they even have a similar build. Remember that Aaron Rodgers only played well in one game before he got a starting job as well, he was hardly proven. Aaron Rodgers has better decision making but I think that Kevin Kolb has a better feel for the pocket and will take less sacks.

eaglesalltheway
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Well what do you know? More Kolb...

Thumper
05-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Well what do you know? More Kolb...

I didn't start it... And I haven't talked about Kolb in a while.

eaglesalltheway
05-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I didn't start it...

Well you brought it here. Seriously, enough already...

Thumper
05-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Well you brought it here. Seriously, enough already...

When was the last time I even talked about Kolb?

brat316
05-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Continuing a discussion that started in the FA thread but was off topic, hopefully this guy sees this...

Potentially he could be, Kolb has a much better supporting cast. Kolb is on the upswing and McNabb is going to start fading. Plus have you ever seen McNabb play without a decent offensive line and with pressure in his face? He is terrible, mechanics, accuracy, footwork all go out the window, he'll be playing with a terrible offensive line in Washington and in division he'll be playing against pass rushing fiends Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Trent Cole, Brandon Graham, DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff. McNabb is injury prone too, he is so screwed for next year. The Eagles know when to get rid of players, McNabb is an aging 33 year old QB who was going to be a free agent and the Eagles have had success with AJ Feely and Jeff Garcia in the past.

And you really expect Shanny to be that great? He has a terrible offensive line, no running backs that are decent and his defense is changing schemes to a 3-4 and those changes aren't typically smooth, especially when your best defensive player doesn't like the switch.

And you said "So I can expect you back here still happy Donovan is gone when Washington finishes ahead of you?" Proposing a completely hypothetical situation and my response was, I don't expect them to but I wouldn't be happy or mad because I am expecting hiccups. But I still see no way Washington tops Philly, they're less talented across the board.

And I think that Kevin Kolb's skill set is quite comprable to Aaron Rodgers, they have similar arm strengths, similar accuracy, similar mobility, similar intelligence, they even have a similar build. Remember that Aaron Rodgers only played well in one game before he got a starting job as well, he was hardly proven. Aaron Rodgers has better decision making but I think that Kevin Kolb has a better feel for the pocket and will take less sacks.

Ohhh yeah big guy that word right there. I forget what coach said this, but potential means you haven't done shi t yet.

Also yeah right Rodgers has a much better arm then Kolb. Kolb's is adequate, Rodgers has great arm strength. Go look at past scouting reports, most of them will say that about both.

brat316
05-04-2010, 11:33 PM
When was the last time I even talked about Kolb?

FA thread, What has to happen thread, both yesterday.

On the 3rd you brought him up in who will be last in the NFC east. Also in this thread saying Brent and Kevin are best friends.

Thumper
05-04-2010, 11:35 PM

On the 3rd you brought him up in who will be last in the NFC east. Also in this thread saying Brent and Kevin are best friends.

LOL you're pushing it, when was the last time I was making a case for Kolb?

brat316
05-04-2010, 11:37 PM
LOL you're pushing it, when was the last time I was making a case for Kolb?

well now thats different....i might have to dig back 2 or 3 weeks for that.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Kolb=/=Rodgers

Thumper
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Kolb=/=Rodgers

You're just blatantly anti-Kolb, its not just that you don't think Kolb isn't comprable to Rodgers, you've never said anything positive about Kolb.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-04-2010, 11:55 PM
You're just blatantly anti-Kolb, its not just that you don't think Kolb isn't comprable to Rodgers, you've never said anything positive about Kolb.

Kolb gets so much unmerited love it makes me sick. You chose to pick the one quarterback who was stuck behind a great qb for a few years and then flourished, but you fail to mention the many that fell flat on their faces. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. Not to mention Kolb has half the arm Rodgers has.

cunningham06
05-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Sorry Thump, gotta agree with TB on this one, the only thing they really have in common is they both are following great qb's. In addition to Rodgers having better arm strength, he came out of a pro style offense at Cal with good mechanics whereas Kolb came out of a spread offense with questionable mechanics. There's a reason why Aaron Rodgers was almost #1 overall, whereas Kolb was viewed as a sizeable reach where the Eagles took him.

I'm hoping he does well, but honestly he hasn't done anything but rip apart the Chiefs. If Kolb were a stock I'd short him right now, I'm reserving judgment til he gets better real game experience.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 06:13 AM

Don't you realize that your evidence means nothing to the Thumper? He's perfect, never does anything wrong and never has a wrong opinion.

Wait, what?

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Kolb gets so much unmerited love it makes me sick. You chose to pick the one quarterback who was stuck behind a great qb for a few years and then flourished, but you fail to mention the many that fell flat on their faces. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. Not to mention Kolb has half the arm Rodgers has.

Some of the call for Kolb has merit behind it. His arm is good, good enough to make all the throws asked of him in the offense. But what I was most impressed with was his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit, but still fire off a perfect dart. He manipulates the pocket well, and compensates for his lack of elite athletecism with instincts and intelligence. Now I don't necessarily buy the Rodgers comparison becuase Rodgers has more arm strength and has a different type of body than Kolb. Plus when you look at how the two handle themselves, Kolb is more reserved and held back, whereas Rodgers isn't afraid to crack a smile (on the field or with the press) or jump around and show his emotions.

Go_Eagles77
05-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Like I mentioned before in another thread, I guarentee Reid didn't trade McNabb and make Kolb the starting QB because Kolb had one or two good games. I'm sure the eagles have seen enough in practice to make them belive he is ready. They know what they're doing when it comes to QBs.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Like I mentioned before in another thread, I guarentee Reid didn't trade McNabb and make Kolb the starting QB because Kolb had one or two good games. I'm sure the eagles have seen enough in practice to make them belive he is ready. They know what they're doing when it comes to QBs.

Of course, and hsi performance in his two games supports what they already felt about him. I'm a supporter of Kolb, because of how the team feels and from what I've seen, but I don't feel the need to drill it in to everybody's head. He'll have his opportunity to prove himself soon enough, none of this constant battering of info on him means jack **** if he wouldn't perform well this season, and if he performs well, it certainly won't be because the Thumper (or myself) supports him, and defends his honor.

brat316
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
No one is really bashing him, most of us are just holding off judgement till we see him play more than 2 games.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
No one is really bashing him, most of us are just holding off judgement till we see him play more than 2 games.

Which is exactly why the Thumper's constant badgering us of Kolb is so annoying.

Sniper
05-05-2010, 06:01 PM

Yeah, Todd. You're just a hater, so go keep hating on, Hater McHaterpants.

Also, I can literally picture ea45 in tears as he wrote that. NOBODY LOVES KOLBBBBBBBB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Todd. You're just a hater, so go keep hating on, Hater McHaterpants.

Also, I can literally picture ea45 in tears as he wrote that. NOBODY LOVES KOLBBBBBBBB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

ef45... If there was any question when the Thumper first joined, its steadily gained momentum towards the point where it is a certainty.

Sniper
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
ef45... If there was any question when the Thumper first joined, its steadily gained momentum towards the point where it is a certainty.

Yes, my bad. Thanks.

Thumper
05-08-2010, 01:09 AM
DeSean Jackson just had a somewhat controversial interview ith Sporting News and in it he said that " I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone." Woah, I never expected a player to say that. Talk about disrespecting McNabb, I mean I love McNabb (shocking) he did great things for the Eagles, Philadelphia and he was a class act, I just thought he was on his way down and I convinced myself that Kolb was the answer at QB since McNabb was half way out the door. But for a player to say that "I don't think we lost anything" thats a bit of a head scratcher.

He continued on to say that the Kolb Jackson connection is "... going to be spectacular. With his talent and hopefully my ability to get him the ball in stride and yards after the catch, those types of things - it will be pretty special. I look forward to being around him and both of us being with this team for a long time."

One thing I notice is that DeSean uses the terms 'me' and 'I' a lot and whenever he talks about 'us' or 'both' its about Kolb getting him the ball. I don't get the impression that DeSean and Jeremy get along really well and I get the impression that they are super competitive with eachother. After the Maclin pick last season, DeSean Jackson said ""When they made that pick I didn’t really understand it, but it is what it is, he’s a first-round pick. I’m a second-round. He’s going to set the goals high for me." and recently Gary Gobb said "I think we’re going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear he’s been living up in wide receiver coach David Culley’s office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean." and while Jeremy Maclin knows how to play the humble guy in interviews you can really see that he is arrogant, but its not the DeSean kind of arrogance, DeSean just makes people look silly and he dances around leaving people wondering how he passed them so quick, Maclin almost plays mean, when he scores he doesn't dance, he just kind of gets up and scowls, in the Bears game he actually threw some punches (although it was technically still during a play) and in the Cowboys game he really laid into some people, he got into it with Hamlin on the sidelines, shoving him and getting testy and then he also shoved Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters. I don't get the impression that this is an entirely healthy relationship, it seems like they push eachother and I think that is a great thing as long as they remain friendly but I think with their egos they're going to clash eventually, just my opinion.

Also just another young offense note here, Marty mentioned changing the offense for Kolb and I found these nifty little graphs at a website called McNabborKolb.com (http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/).
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybd6p4Fv1qadi6n.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybdgR9hJ1qadi6n.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybdtlujf1qadi6n.png

I think that shows you guys what you need to know, less deep stuff and more short to intermediate stuff, which better suits Kolb's strengths.

brat316
05-08-2010, 01:25 AM
HAHAHHHAHAH...but I thought Kolb=Aaron Rodgers? You been boasting about Kolb's arm all this time...and posting that video of Kolb's 30-35 yard lob.

Thumper
05-08-2010, 01:27 AM
HAHAHHHAHAH...but I thought Kolb=Aaron Rodgers? You been boasting about Kolb's arm all this time...and posting that video of Kolb's 30-35 yard lob.

Kolb can get it deep, he has shown he has that ability.

brat316
05-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Maclin's personality on the field is something you need, it gonna show up when is willing to block and not half ass it, and go over the middle even though he knows the safeties or Lbs will knock his head off.

Its like Hines Ward, but less happy, or a better example Boldin.

Jackson on the other hand is going to turn into mini T.O. personality wise, happy and fun when he is getting the ball and winning, drama queen when its not going his way or receiving attention. That usually caries off field, you already may have noticed some of it.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Maclin's personality on the field is something you need, it gonna show up when is willing to block and not half ass it, and go over the middle even though he knows the safeties or Lbs will knock his head off.

Its like Hines Ward, but less happy, or a better example Boldin.

Jackson on the other hand is going to turn into mini T.O. personality wise, happy and fun when he is getting the ball and winning, drama queen when its not going his way or receiving attention. That usually caries off field, you already may have noticed some of it.

Maclin may be more physical than DeSean, but in no way does he block like Ward, and doesn't run with the same anger that Boldin runs with. He still sways toward playing with speed, netiher Boldin nor Ward play that way.

Thumper
05-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Just read this. (http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/5/8/1463994/kevin-kolb-game-tape-week-2-vs-new#storyjump)

SickwithIt1010
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
DeSean Jackson just had a somewhat controversial interview ith Sporting News and in it he said that " I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone." Woah, I never expected a player to say that. Talk about disrespecting McNabb, I mean I love McNabb (shocking) he did great things for the Eagles, Philadelphia and he was a class act, I just thought he was on his way down and I convinced myself that Kolb was the answer at QB since McNabb was half way out the door. But for a player to say that "I don't think we lost anything" thats a bit of a head scratcher.

He continued on to say that the Kolb Jackson connection is "... going to be spectacular. With his talent and hopefully my ability to get him the ball in stride and yards after the catch, those types of things - it will be pretty special. I look forward to being around him and both of us being with this team for a long time."

One thing I notice is that DeSean uses the terms 'me' and 'I' a lot and whenever he talks about 'us' or 'both' its about Kolb getting him the ball. I don't get the impression that DeSean and Jeremy get along really well and I get the impression that they are super competitive with eachother. After the Maclin pick last season, DeSean Jackson said ""When they made that pick I didnt really understand it, but it is what it is, hes a first-round pick. Im a second-round. Hes going to set the goals high for me." and recently Gary Gobb said "I think were going to be surprised at the success of Maclin this season. From what I hear hes been living up in wide receiver coach David Culleys office. Maclin wants to have people talking about him like they now talk about DeSean." and while Jeremy Maclin knows how to play the humble guy in interviews you can really see that he is arrogant, but its not the DeSean kind of arrogance, DeSean just makes people look silly and he dances around leaving people wondering how he passed them so quick, Maclin almost plays mean, when he scores he doesn't dance, he just kind of gets up and scowls, in the Bears game he actually threw some punches (although it was technically still during a play) and in the Cowboys game he really laid into some people, he got into it with Hamlin on the sidelines, shoving him and getting testy and then he also shoved Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters. I don't get the impression that this is an entirely healthy relationship, it seems like they push eachother and I think that is a great thing as long as they remain friendly but I think with their egos they're going to clash eventually, just my opinion.

Also just another young offense note here, Marty mentioned changing the offense for Kolb and I found these nifty little graphs at a website called McNabborKolb.com (http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/).
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybd6p4Fv1qadi6n.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybdgR9hJ1qadi6n.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ybdtlujf1qadi6n.png

I think that shows you guys what you need to know, less deep stuff and more short to intermediate stuff, which better suits Kolb's strengths.

Bro, just get over it man. You want Kolb's dick and thats fine i guess. Until we see otherwise we will continue to feel as though getting rid of one of the only franchise QB's weve ever had for a 2nd round draft pick and putting all our faith into a QB has only played 2 games is stupid.....which it is!

When Kolb comes out and has a pro bowl season or takes us to the play offs i will be the first on here to say you were right and i was wrong. you can put this in your sig....im just saying. As of right now it seems like a dumb ass mistake.

Thumper
05-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Bro, just get over it man. You want Kolb's dick and thats fine i guess. Until we see otherwise we will continue to feel as though getting rid of one of the only franchise QB's weve ever had for a 2nd round draft pick and putting all our faith into a QB has only played 2 games is stupid.....which it is!

When Kolb comes out and has a pro bowl season or takes us to the play offs i will be the first on here to say you were right and i was wrong. you can put this in your sig....im just saying. As of right now it seems like a dumb ass mistake.

Ummmm... what? That post wasn't Kolb biased at all really, I just quoted DeSean and put up some graphs that explained what some of us already knew, Kolb is more accurate on short and intermediate throws and McNabb is better with the deep ball, anything shocking about that?

I love how I can't even mention Kolb or else I get attacked haha. And a second round draft pick makes this a terrible decision? You realize that Drew Brees was a second round pick, Brett Favre was a second round pick, Matt Schaub was a third round pick, Tom Brady was a 5th round draft pick, Tony Romo was an UDFA, Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th round draft pick and Kurt Warner went undrafted. Using draft position as an argument against Kolb is terribly fallacious and just flat out dumb, there have been plenty of players who went in the first round who can't play and plently of players who went later who can. Plus Andy Reid has a very good history with quarterbacks and his judgement with them and his eye for talent at the QB spot is typically very good, I'll just leave it at that. Sorry if that seemed like too much Kolb for you guys, get over it, he is the new starting QB and his talents are worthy of discussion since QB is the most important spot on the field.

SickwithIt1010
05-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Ummmm... what? That post wasn't Kolb biased at all really, I just quoted DeSean and put up some graphs that explained what some of us already knew, Kolb is more accurate on short and intermediate throws and McNabb is better with the deep ball, anything shocking about that?

I love how I can't even mention Kolb or else I get attacked haha. And a second round draft pick makes this a terrible decision? You realize that Drew Brees was a second round pick, Brett Favre was a second round pick, Matt Schaub was a third round pick, Tom Brady was a 5th round draft pick, Tony Romo was an UDFA, Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th round draft pick and Kurt Warner went undrafted. Using draft position as an argument against Kolb is terribly fallacious and just flat out dumb, there have been plenty of players who went in the first round who can't play and plently of players who went later who can. Plus Andy Reid has a very good history with quarterbacks and his judgement with them and his eye for talent at the QB spot is typically very good, I'll just leave it at that. Sorry if that seemed like too much Kolb for you guys, get over it, he is the new starting QB and his talents are worthy of discussion since QB is the most important spot on the field.

The 2nd round pick comment wasnt made to talk about Kolb i was talking about the 2nd round pick being what we got in return for a franchise QB.

Kolb cant hold mcnabbs jock.

Thumper
05-09-2010, 02:27 AM
The 2nd round pick comment wasnt made to talk about Kolb i was talking about the 2nd round pick being what we got in return for a franchise QB.

Kolb cant hold mcnabbs jock.

From a physical standpoint in terms of size, speed, strength and arm strength he can't hold McNabb's jock and not many can, I'm not sure that anyone in the NFL outside of Vick, Stafford or Cutler can match McNabb in terms of physical ability, McNabb had an absolute cannon for an arm and he could move. But mentally, I know for a fact that Kolb can stand up to McNabb. In a combine style workout however, Kolb couldn't match McNabb however Kolb is more intelligent than McNabb. Just sayin'.

And I don't really get why people are so mad about this, you should've seen it coming. I called it in the third quarter of the playoff game and all the Cowboys fans I was with kind of gawked at me and said "you really think so?" You should've seen it coming. And really the Eagles made the right choice, they would've had to make this decision some time or another very soon. Kolb made it clear he wanted to start, McNabb was the starter, Kolb played well in his starts as a young QB, McNabb played well in his starts as an aging QB. Both of their contracts ended after the 2011 season so the Eagles would've had to choose between McNabb and Kolb at the end of next season and they would have gotten nothing in return for the one who left, if McNabb leaves the Eagles through 2011 FA the Eagles get nothing in return and if they kept McNabb and Kolb left through 2011 FA they would lose him without compensation and they would have to start looking for another QB of the future. It really should've been clear that McNabb was out the door this offseason especially with the youth movement occurring all around him. McNabb leaving really shouldn't have upset anyone, it was terribly predictable and it was the right decision because now they got compensation for a QB they traded and they still have their QB of the future.

Thumper
05-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Anyways on a different topic, I'm excited to see the developments some guys make, mainly LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin and even Winston Justice.

-LeSean McCoy played fairly well last year, he didn't play out of this world good but he played well, enough to be considered the most effective rookie runner and the best rookie runner in Eagles history. But I'm really excited to see him play this season, he lost some bad weight he was carrying (he claims to have been 217 last season) and he is now more cut and lighter at 211 pounds. LeSean McCoy was one of my absolute favorite players in last year's draft and I was extremely excited when the Eagles picked him. I'm super pumped to see him as the 'guy' in the backfield.
-Jeremy Maclin is supposedly bigger and up to 210 which would make him a 6' tall receiver that weighs 210 pounds. Also I'm excited to see his play level take a bigger jump as he adjusts to the NFL, he was really really good in the second half of last season and he should only get better because remember that he missed about half of training camp and he was transitioning from a spread offense plus with new changes to the offense (a more conventional west coast offense) he should be targeted more than he was last season since he is big (in comparison to the rest of the Eagles receivers), he is physical and he can run after the catch all traits of a prototypical receiver in the west coast offense where the passing game is based off of short routes that are actually just an extension of the running game.
-Also it just dawned on me today, Winston Justice hasn't reached his potential. Remember that great prospect? I do, Justice was a very very good OT prospect and his natural position is RT, his development should continue as he only begins to reach the immense potential we knew he had in that draft process. He was a top 10 RT last season, arguably the Eagles best/most consistent offensive lineman despite having a huge rotation of guards playing next to him and it was only his first season starting. Maybe Winston Justice reaches the immense potential we all know he still has? I hope so.

frubulubu
05-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Happy Mothers day, Bitches!!