PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

BamaFalcon59
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Jamison :)

Thumper
05-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Wait a second... Remember what Jackson said? Jackson said that he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles organization to trade McNabb to the Redskins. He also went on to say that, "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone," Remember that?

Alright hold on... Remember what McNabb said about Owens way back in 2004? It was something like "Things will continue just fine without him" or something to that effect. Alright now we're back in 2010, McNabb responds to DeSean saying ""It's so wild when people get to talking when you're not there, but when you're there everybody loves you. So I guess people will go deeper into it than I will. I'm a Redskin, no longer an Eagle. I had 11 great years and I'm moving on with my life, so whoever may say things when I'm gone, more power to them, but it's not making you look like a bigger man."

So McNabb is taking offense to that? Is that what McNabb is getting at? TO got mad that things were going to be just fine without him and now McNabb is mad that DeSean says things are going to be fine without him? What the hell are these guys supposed to say? Was McNabb supposed to say "Oh no, TO is hurt, he is the team's best player and now we're going to roll over and die" and was Jackson supposed to say "I want McNabb back, without him this team is going to rollover and die"? Thats just dumb and I can't believe McNabb is taking offense to this when he did the same exact thing to Owens. This new 'fued' is dumb.

Thumper
05-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Wait... what? Nate Allen lined up at SS, not FS in the post draft mini-camp. Safety duo of the future is Macho Harris and Nate Allen perhaps? I like that. Although I was really expecting Allen to be a FS so this perplexes me a little bit. Oh well, we'll see how it plays out.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Sickwith It, though I kinda agree with what you are saying, I have been a (not annoyingly vocal) Kolb supporter as well, and I think this was as good a time as any to do it for the team. Keep in mind the the Eagles are going to get at least a fourth rounder next year as well. I plan an coordinating a mass Eagle effort to get McNabb into the Pro Bowl so that 4th is guaranteed to become a third.

The Thumper... Its to the point where people start "attacking" you (not an attack, BTW) because they can't go anywhere without you mentioning Kolb (or Maclin). Combine that with how you talk to other people, and you get treated the way you treat other people. Also, I wouldn't classify Maclin as a physical WR. He is more physical than DeSean, but compare Maclin to a true physical WR like Boldin or Fitz (less Physical than Boldin, much more physical than Maclin), and it isn't even close AT ALL. Maclin is still a receiver that's game is more about speed and quickness than strength and power, and there is nothing wrong with that, that's the type of WR he is. Don't make him into something he isn't.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Wait a second... Remember what Jackson said? Jackson said that he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles organization to trade McNabb to the Redskins. He also went on to say that, "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone," Remember that?

Alright hold on... Remember what McNabb said about Owens way back in 2004? It was something like "Things will continue just fine without him" or something to that effect. Alright now we're back in 2010, McNabb responds to DeSean saying ""It's so wild when people get to talking when you're not there, but when you're there everybody loves you. So I guess people will go deeper into it than I will. I'm a Redskin, no longer an Eagle. I had 11 great years and I'm moving on with my life, so whoever may say things when I'm gone, more power to them, but it's not making you look like a bigger man."

So McNabb is taking offense to that? Is that what McNabb is getting at? TO got mad that things were going to be just fine without him and now McNabb is mad that DeSean says things are going to be fine without him? What the hell are these guys supposed to say? Was McNabb supposed to say "Oh no, TO is hurt, he is the team's best player and now we're going to roll over and die" and was Jackson supposed to say "I want McNabb back, without him this team is going to rollover and die"? Thats just dumb and I can't believe McNabb is taking offense to this when he did the same exact thing to Owens. This new 'fued' is dumb.

Its a non-story... Its a case of media asking questions and neither consider it a big deal. Its the business of the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Wait... what? Nate Allen lined up at SS, not FS in the post draft mini-camp. Safety duo of the future is Macho Harris and Nate Allen perhaps? I like that. Although I was really expecting Allen to be a FS so this perplexes me a little bit. Oh well, we'll see how it plays out.

This is OTAs, don't read too much into it. Perhaps since Mikell wasn't there they put the best fit at SS for the day, just to see if Allen can grasp both positions. Not a big deal or anything truly earth shattering.

Allen is a natural FS, and as long as Mikell is here, that is where Allen will play. And as Allen gets comfortable at FS, he will be more likely to stay put. Don't expect Allen to stay at SS, though of the players showing up to the OTAs, Allen is the best fit at SS (since all our other FSs are not as good supporting the run and less physical, as well as the only backup SS being Kurt Coleman).

Go_Eagles77
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
The safeties are pretty much interchangeable in the eagles defense anyway. Mikell was a FS before he became the starter at SS. Sean Jones was a SS then came here and played FS (not well, but you get my point).

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 10:32 AM
The safeties are pretty much interchangeable in the eagles defense anyway. Mikell was a FS before he became the starter at SS. Sean Jones was a SS then came here and played FS (not well, but you get my point).

I was thinking about saying this as well, and the Safety spots have been very similar in the recent history, however, IDK if that will remain the case in the future. Ideally I think it will, but it isn't always easy to get ahold of two safeties (at one time) who are good in both major facets of a Safety's game.

frubulubu
05-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Just throwing this out there...Maybe Jackson takes FS and Allen beats out Mikell at SS. Maybe not but its something you cant discard.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Just throwing this out there...Maybe Jackson takes FS and Allen beats out Mikell at SS. Maybe not but its something you cant discard.

I highly doubt it. Mikell had a down year last year, but he can be an All-Pro SS. I see Mikell as the SS and Allen as the FS by the time the season starts.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
How I see the Roster turning out:

QB: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Bell, Scott
FB: Weaver (!!!)
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Baskett
LT: Peters, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Cole, Jackson
RG: MJG, Andrews
RT: Justice, Tupou

Offense: 25

LE: Graham, Tapp, Parker
UT: Patterson, Laws
NT: Bunkley, Dixon, Owens
RE: Cole, DTN
SLB: Chaney, Hall
MLB: Bradley, Mays
WLB: Sims, Jordan
CB: Samuel, Hobbs, Hanson, Lindley, Harris
FS: Allen, Jackson
SS: Mikell, Coleman

Defense: 25

K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Special Teams: 3

Total 53

I have Sapp and Clayton on the IR, though if Sapp can show promise at SLB, we may see Hall moved to DE. If the team wants Chaney as a backup Mike, we may see Hall starting at SLB and Sapp as the backup SLB.

Also, If Jackson can't play for whatever reason, McGlynn may start at Center and Cole will go to RG

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Also Thumper, I wouldn't classify Justice as a top 5-10 RT last season. He might be up around 10-12, but there were quite a few RTs who are better than him, and this is coming from a guy who has been pretty much his only supporter throughout the last few years.

cunningham06
05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
How I see the Roster turning out:

QB: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Bell, Scott
FB: Weaver (!!!)
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Baskett
LT: Peters, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Cole, Jackson
RG: MJG, Andrews
RT: Justice, Tupou

Offense: 25

UT: Patterson, Laws
NT: Bunkley, Dixon, Owens
RE: Cole, DTN
SLB: Chaney, Hall
CB: Samuel, Hobbs, Hanson, Lindley, Harris
FS: Allen, Jackson

Defense: 25

K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Special Teams: 3

Total 53

I have Sapp and Clayton on the IR, though if Sapp can show promise at SLB, we may see Hall moved to DE. If the team wants Chaney as a backup Mike, we may see Hall starting at SLB and Sapp as the backup SLB.

Also, If Jackson can't play for whatever reason, McGlynn may start at Center and Cole will go to RG

That's a solid roster, but I dunno about the LB's. I seriously doubt that Mays makes it over Gaither. Mays is great on special teams, but that is all he offers. Anyway with the new rules regarding wedges, a classic wedge buster like Mays isn't quite as important. In game situations Mays just simply wasn't good.

Don't forget Gaither beat out Mays last season in training camp and Gaither's pretty good on special teams himself. Although he's like night and day with his consistency, at times he can be pretty damn good, so hopefully he can get it together. And since he's on a one year contract he better.

No Fokou? All the news on him has been very positive about how he's bulked up, he showed physical promise last year, just needs to keep his head on straight. I doubt we dump him.

I bet we IR a bunch of guys given how many rookies we took this year. Keenan Clayton I think is a lock for it, and I agree on Sapp as well.

superman8456
05-12-2010, 08:54 PM
No way we have 5 DT's on our active roster. Owens will probably get IRed or practice squad. I also wouldnt be surprised with Trevor Laws being cut.

I have a slight gripe with 5 defensive ends. DTN is too raw to really see the field. Nice athletic ability, but he will also probably get IR'ed. I could also see Jaqua Parker looking for a job in favor of Victor Abiramiri. Then again, Abiramiri has been too injury prone to warrant a roster spot.

Three tightends seems to be overkill. We dont really used double tight end sets, granted we havent really had two quality TE's before.

I dont believe there would be 10 offensive lineman on our active roster, but maybe.

Thumper
05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
No way we have 5 DT's on our active roster. Owens will probably get IRed or practice squad. I also wouldnt be surprised with Trevor Laws being cut.

I have a slight gripe with 5 defensive ends. DTN is too raw to really see the field. Nice athletic ability, but he will also probably get IR'ed. I could also see Jaqua Parker looking for a job in favor of Victor Abiramiri. Then again, Abiramiri has been too injury prone to warrant a roster spot.

Three tightends seems to be overkill. We dont really used double tight end sets, granted we havent really had two quality TE's before.

I dont believe there would be 10 offensive lineman on our active roster, but maybe.

The Eagles typically carry 6 defensive ends so there is absolutely no way they go with 4 of them. Also Abiamiri is likely out for the season after micro-fracture surgery on his knee.

Also the Eagles typically carry three tightends, in 2008 it was LJ Smith, Matt Schoebel and Brent Celek and in 2009 it was Brent Celek, Alex Smith and Martin Rucker on the 53 man roster. The Eagles have always carried three tightends.

cunningham06
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
That's a good point with DT's, as many times as we put DE's inside at DT on obvious passing downs we really don't need 5. It makes little sens to get rid of Laws though since we took Owens who isn't much of a penetrator, confusing move by the Eagles drafting Owens rather than a Laws replacement.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
That's a solid roster, but I dunno about the LB's. I seriously doubt that Mays makes it over Gaither. Mays is great on special teams, but that is all he offers. Anyway with the new rules regarding wedges, a classic wedge buster like Mays isn't quite as important. In game situations Mays just simply wasn't good.

Don't forget Gaither beat out Mays last season in training camp and Gaither's pretty good on special teams himself. Although he's like night and day with his consistency, at times he can be pretty damn good, so hopefully he can get it together. And since he's on a one year contract he better.

No Fokou? All the news on him has been very positive about how he's bulked up, he showed physical promise last year, just needs to keep his head on straight. I doubt we dump him.

I bet we IR a bunch of guys given how many rookies we took this year. Keenan Clayton I think is a lock for it, and I agree on Sapp as well.

I'm higher on Mays than most, though it is obvious he will never develop into a starter. I think with his added value on Special teams (and lack of many other special teams players at the LB positions) he has added value. Combine that with his youth, and he has a shot. I could just as easily see Gaither making it though, TBH, or Chaney as the backup and Hall as the starter at SLB with Fokou or Sapp as backup.

It was hard putting him off the roster, but honestly, with what I see in Chaney and Sapp as potential SLBs, and with the competitions at WLB, the only way Fokou makes the team is as backup MIKE. He could do that, but its not a great fit. He is still young enough (within first three years of the entry to the league IIRC) to be IRed, and if he wouldn't make the final roster, he can be IRed. I can also see him making the roster if Hall is switched to DE (which apparently there are some rumblings about). Really, the LB corp is a cluster, and it could go a whole lot of different ways, but I think between this post and the other, I covered the most likely situations.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM

I could defintiely see Owens IRed or Sqadded, or released completely. It wouldn't shock me at all, and is a definite possibility. It opens up more possibilities for Hall to make the roster, and would help clear up the LB situation a bit.

I really like DTN, and with him being a third round pick (and not making a position change) he should make the roster and get some PT. He is especially likely to make the roster because Abiamiri is out (for the season, I blieve) because of microfracture surgery to his knee, hence why I have Parker making the team as well. If the team keeps 6 DEs, that means there will only be 4 DTs, and that opens up the chances for Hall or Sapp to make the team as the 6th DE.

Except for last season, the Eagles have had three TEs on the roster every year, and with the guys at TE, they have, they are too good to get rid of. We did see two TE sets on occasion last year, with Alex freakin Smith, so with Ingram and Harbor as potential partners for Celek, I think it is VERY likely they keep those three TEs.

There usually aren't 10 O-linemen on the active roster (which is 45 players, I believe), but the last few years the Eagles have kept 10 O-linemen for their 53 man roster every year. I see this as VERY likely as well.

camp_eagles
05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
More 3-4 talk it seems like every year we hear it and I only remember the Eagles lining up in it once last season too bad Cole jumped offsides.

Also I could see Ricky Sapp being Ired because of the position change assuming he is only used at SAM, other players who could be IRed are Jamar Chaney, and Keenan Clayton who is imo almost guaranteed to be Ired since he was working at the SAM position I think only because of the numbers at WILL. I thought he was a WILL from the second we drafted him converted saftey 6-1 230.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
More 3-4 talk it seems like every year we hear it and I only remember the Eagles lining up in it once last season too bad Cole jumped offsides.

Also I could see Ricky Sapp being Ired because of the position change assuming he is only used at SAM, other players who could be IRed are Jamar Chaney, and Keenan Clayton who is imo almost guaranteed to be Ired since he was working at the SAM position I think only because of the numbers at WILL. I thought he was a WILL from the second we drafted him converted saftey 6-1 230.

Even though we may see more 3-4 alignments, this is still a base 4-3 defense. What really is holding the team back is the prototypical NT as well as the lack of true 3-4 OLBs, as the only player on the team that fits that mold is Rciky Sapp. Cole is a RE through and through, and despite what tohers may say, Graham is the perfect LE, and though he could be a rush LB, its not his best position.

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Moise Fokou was supposed to be a WILL too and he ended up as the starter at SAM. Granted he's bigger than Clayton, but who says Clayton can't bulk up?

camp_eagles
05-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Moise Fokou was supposed to be a WILL too and he ended up as the starter at SAM. Granted he's bigger than Clayton, but who says Clayton can't bulk up?

Im not saying he cant bulk up but he cant do it by the time the regular season starts.

Also on the 3-4 I know the 4-3 is our Base we drafted for the 4-3 but with alot of tweeners on the roster it would be nice to see it on some passing downs even if it causes the other team to call a timeout. There is no way this team with its current personnel could stop anyone in the run game in a 3-4 besides like you said Cole is a 4-3 DE and Graham is better suited to the 4-3.

frubulubu
05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm higher on Mays than most, though it is obvious he will never develop into a starter. I think with his added value on Special teams (and lack of many other special teams players at the LB positions) he has added value. Combine that with his youth, and he has a shot. I could just as easily see Gaither making it though, TBH, or Chaney as the backup and Hall as the starter at SLB with Fokou or Sapp as backup.

It was hard putting him off the roster, but honestly, with what I see in Chaney and Sapp as potential SLBs, and with the competitions at WLB, the only way Fokou makes the team is as backup MIKE. He could do that, but its not a great fit. He is still young enough (within first three years of the entry to the league IIRC) to be IRed, and if he wouldn't make the final roster, he can be IRed. I can also see him making the roster if Hall is switched to DE (which apparently there are some rumblings about). Really, the LB corp is a cluster, and it could go a whole lot of different ways, but I think between this post and the other, I covered the most likely situations.

Im rooting for Gaither, and not just cause we share the same first name. He has played two linebacker positions and is a valuable young vet, on our D. He has tons of competition with the rookies, and will pushed to the max. Sapp is one I hope gets to see playing time.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2010, 06:30 AM

Its not just about size. Our LBs, especially WLB and SLB have completely different priorities. Our WLB is required to be rangy and make plays in the passing game, particularly in coverage. You can get by if they don't have top notch run stuffing or blitzing. As for the SLB, ideally, the SLB does have the size, but also has priorities first in stopping the run. Now the Eagles SLB is in coverage more than most defenses, particularly in man coverage (still not frequently), but the first priority of the SLB is to stop the run and in the Eagles defense, coverage and blitzing are the next biggest need.

Though nice to have a WLB who can navigate through traffic and avoid or break free from blockers, it is a necessity to get that out of your SLB. The SLB has to work through trash more, and on some plays, make sure they maintain outside leverage on run plays. WLBs do this too, not nearly as much though. What I'm saying is even if Clayton bulks up (which he could, not too much though), he doesn't have the experience or playing style to be a SLB. We may see him lined up in place of the SLB in nickel situations, but he will never be a full time SLB and would only be in there in obvious passing downs to help in coverage. Eventually, if Clayton is going to stick, it will be once the competition at WLB is figured out and he will be a backup.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Im not saying he cant bulk up but he cant do it by the time the regular season starts.

Also on the 3-4 I know the 4-3 is our Base we drafted for the 4-3 but with alot of tweeners on the roster it would be nice to see it on some passing downs even if it causes the other team to call a timeout. There is no way this team with its current personnel could stop anyone in the run game in a 3-4 besides like you said Cole is a 4-3 DE and Graham is better suited to the 4-3.

There aren't really a lot of Tweeners. Bunk could play nose, but doesn't have the size you want at NT. He is the only DT (besides Dixon) whose playing styles would fit well in the 3-4, but that'd be as DEs. As far as rush backers go, there is Hall potentially, and Sapp potentially, neither of whom would be the best option there. There's Bradley and Jordan/Chaney/Sims who would fight for the other ILB position, but with the lack of true edge rushers and a nose, it wouldn't work. There is only one guy from DL/Rush LBs on our team that could make a transition to a 3-4 and start, and that is Bunk. Dixon, Hall, and Sapp, wouldn't start (shouldn't anyway). The Eagles best defensive players in the front 7 (Bunk, Cole, Graham, Patterson, and Bradley (he could play in the 3-4, as I alluded to) are all perfect fits in the 4-3. But the Eagles defense doesn't have the fits at the most vital positions, DL and OLBs, that make the 3-4 so effective.

brat316
05-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Nah Graham and Cole could both fit the 3-4 easily. Undersized pass rushers usually have more of an advantage in the 3-4.

Go_Eagles77
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Trent Cole is a perfect fit as a 4-3 DE. I would not want to see him dropping back in coverage on a consistent basis.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81820272&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

McNabb's the definition of class act. It's a shame Philly fans didn't appreciate what he did for the team and the city. I really hope he gets that ring somewhere down the road, even if it means in Washington.

cunningham06
05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll always be a McNabb fan. I'll always respect him for the way he's handled the TO situation, and fans calling for his head. He was never a problem or a distraction. I'd love to meet Donovan, players like him are a rarity today.

I admit I got frustrated with his poor accuracy on short passes from time to time, but I know we are gonna miss his deep ball, one of the best in the NFL IMO.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Nah Graham and Cole could both fit the 3-4 easily. Undersized pass rushers usually have more of an advantage in the 3-4.

Size isn't everything about a player. If you look at how they play that tells you the most about them. Cole isn't blazingly quick, but he plays with exceptional leverage. Graham is the same way (and Graham isn't undersized BTW). Neither have a lot of experience in coverage, and between the two of them they have basically no man coverage experience. It would not be an easy fit AT ALL.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll always be a McNabb fan. I'll always respect him for the way he's handled the TO situation, and fans calling for his head. He was never a problem or a distraction. I'd love to meet Donovan, players like him are a rarity today.

I admit I got frustrated with his poor accuracy on short passes from time to time, but I know we are gonna miss his deep ball, one of the best in the NFL IMO.

I never met and had a conversation with him in person, but everyone will tell you he is a great guy and easy to get along with, as well as personable and with a good sense of humor. As a player, I will miss him, his whole game, it had holes, but in terms of the whole package, I don't expect to see a better QB in Philly anytime soon.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Thumper was banned again, Eagles fans rejoice!

On a more serious note, is training camp here yet? I can't wait for the season to start. Very excited to see the new look Eagles in action. Will you be attending tc again this year eatw? Keep us posted if you do. I enjoyed reading your write ups last year.

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2010, 04:04 PM

On a more serious note, is training camp here yet? I can't wait for the season to start. Very excited to see the new look Eagles in action. Will you be attending tc again this year eatw? Keep us posted if you do. I enjoyed reading your write ups last year.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

I'll be there as much as possible, just like last year. Work is still real slow, so I will be able to get out to about the same amount of practices as I did last year. I was thinking to myself how training camp is far away, then realized its only actually two months or so away. But yes, I am real excited for things to get going for TC.

frubulubu
05-15-2010, 04:24 PM

Was he really?

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Was he really?

If so, I'm going to consider it SWDC's (more specifically whoever banned him) early 21st birthday present!

camp_eagles
05-16-2010, 12:23 PM

Allow me to fill the void.

The only QB better than Kevin Kolb in the NFL is Kevin Kolb after his 3rd start

signed Thumper

cunningham06
05-16-2010, 03:53 PM

signed Thumper

Woa dude, you can't improve perfection.

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2010, 05:16 PM

signed Thumper

Don't do this to yourself...

frubulubu
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Was he banned completly, or suspended?

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Hopefully perma-banned, and could someone direct me to the last post he made please, I can't find it...

frubulubu
05-16-2010, 11:40 PM
maybe he comes back with a diferent handle. For sure it will be, "KevinKolb"

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2010, 11:43 PM
maybe he comes back with a diferent handle. For sure it will be, "KevinKolb"

The mods check for stuff like that. but since Kolbera is taken, IDK what he'd do. I'm pretty sure he is the same guy that was known as EF45 before, who got banned, so he very well could come back. Unfortunately, I expect this to be the case.

brat316
05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Hopefully perma-banned, and could someone direct me to the last post he made please, I can't find it...

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2171801&#post2171801

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2010, 11:49 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2171801&#post2171801

I'm disappointed, his last post was one I basically agreed with...

frubulubu
05-16-2010, 11:55 PM
I dont think that was the reason he got wacked. Perhaps it was erased? It's not real banned material, imo. Anyways, does anyone think Thumper is reading what we are saying? He sort of is like a ghost, and can see but not communicate with us.

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 12:08 AM
I dont think that was the reason he got wacked. Perhaps it was erased? It's not real banned material, imo. Anyways, does anyone think Thumper is reading what we are saying? He sort of is like a ghost, and can see but not communicate with us.

No its not. If it was, there would be a little red square at the bottom right of that post sgnifying it had been an infraction. It was probably a cumulative thing which got him gone.

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
And I can also say with pretty much certainty that he is, or will be, reading over this. He is just the obsessive type to do such things. So with that, hahahahahahaha Thumper, adios and good riddance.

frubulubu
05-17-2010, 12:14 AM
I was sad to see McNabb gone, but with Thumper banned, this has to be one of the GREATEST moments in Eagles history! Yippy yaiyay Mutha...

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 09:36 AM
I had definitely been anticipating this for a while now.

Go_Eagles77
05-17-2010, 09:36 AM
I didn't even notice he was gone.

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I didn't even notice he was gone.

I noticed he hadn't posted in like a day or two, and was hoping he was gone, but wasn't sure...

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Training Camp dates have been made public... Rookies and select vets will show up July 26th and the team will head out August 18th. Expect the Camp Reports starting the 28th or 29th, since usually the first practices are closed to the public.

frubulubu
05-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Cant wait, hopefully we have a injury free camp this year.

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Cant wait, hopefully we have a injury free camp this year.

That killed me last year, especially with Bradley going down.

Sniper
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/19/macho-harris-moves-to-cornerback/

Macho Harris to CB.

Go_Eagles77
05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Not sure he has the speed to be an outside CB, but I hope he is able to beat out Hobbs somehow. His best fit is probably at nickel though.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/19/macho-harris-moves-to-cornerback/

Macho Harris to CB.

Not to say I called something crazy or out of the ordinary, but... Called it, haha.

Not surprised by this. I agree he isn't best suited as a starter, but would be a very good nickel guy. That being said, that opens up possibilities now in the secondary. Asante will be the LCB, and either Harris or Hanson can play RCB (I'd prefer Hanson there, as it puts the two of them in their best suited positions). Either of these two are better off starting than Hobbs, unless his issues were all absorbing the playbook (even so its no excuse for just how aweful he was, Asante had it down fairly easily) , he was flat out atrocious. Ideally I'd like to think the secondary will look like this...

RCB: Hanson
Nickel: Harris
FS: Allen
SS: Mikell
LCB: Asante
Dime: Hobbs

... and I think it will hammer its way out like that by the time the season rolls around. I think Hobbs could potentially have the Nickel spot for a few weeks because the coaches seem to like him for some reason, but after he gives up big plays he will be demoted in favor of Harris.

superman8456
05-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Should I just absolutely give up on Jack Ikegwuonu?

Go_Eagles77
05-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes considering he's not on the team (or in the league for that matter) anymore. lol

superman8456
05-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes considering he's not on the team (or in the league for that matter) anymore. lol

No ****? Really? I had no idea

Our CB's look extremely lackluster.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
No ****? Really? I had no idea

Our CB's look extremely lackluster.

Hahaha, now you know why I'm saying that is far and away the biggest team need next year. We at least have some solid depth behind our starters along the OL. At CB we have depth, but no starter opposite Asante, and behind that depth, the talent at the #4 and #5 CB positions isn't great. The only real glimmers of hope for the future are Harris and Lindley, and even there I don't expect starters, let alone a future star.

frubulubu
05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Ikegwounu plays for the Bengals.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
And I can also say with pretty much certainty that he is, or will be, reading over this. He is just the obsessive type to do such things. So with that, hahahahahahaha Thumper, adios and good riddance.

You can't get rid of me that easily ;)

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
You can't get rid of me that easily ;)

Booooooo. I hate that emoticons aren't working for me. Is it the same for everyone else?

frubulubu
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
What the freak!

Sniper
05-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Thumper, rep only works when, you know, you have some.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Thumper, rep only works when, you know, you have some.

I love how you act like I started that.

Sniper
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM

I don't really give a **** what you love. Just passing along the messag that rep doesn't affect someone else's rep if you don't have any.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM

I love you.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I love you.

I love sarcasm almost as much as I love EATW.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I love sarcasm almost as much as I love EATW.

No you don't understand, I've been trying to hide my deep lust for you these past few months, and the only way I can is by calling you out on your stupid posts. I just want to please you, any way I can. I long to be your power bottom.

IASIP reference FTW<33333333 the Thumper!!!!!

Thumper
05-20-2010, 11:55 PM
No you don't understand, I've been trying to hide my deep lust for you these past few months, and the only way I can is by calling you out on your stupid posts. I just want to please you, any way I can. I long to be your power bottom.

IASIP reference FTW<33333333 the Thumper!!!!!

I get that a lot, but typically its from women and I see you've discovered why they call me Thumper ;)

frubulubu
05-21-2010, 12:04 AM
...When does training camp start?

cunningham06
05-21-2010, 01:19 AM

Ya this is ******* weird... I'm eager to see some pics of the new and improved MJG. I wonder how good he can be now that he won't be sucking wind after every physical exertion... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3765960077_9fa59efaa7.jpg

brat316
05-21-2010, 01:33 AM
sooner or later

eaglesalltheway
05-21-2010, 06:03 AM

July 26th, and goes until August 18th...

eaglesalltheway
05-21-2010, 06:04 AM
I get that a lot, but typically its from women and I see you've discovered why they call me Thumper ;)

Will you let me be your Thumpee?

eaglesalltheway
05-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Ya this is ******* weird... I'm eager to see some pics of the new and improved MJG. I wonder how good he can be now that he won't be sucking wind after every physical exertion... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3765960077_9fa59efaa7.jpg

He had good athletecism at his previous playing weight (364 lbs I believe), and if he lost any considerable weight, that will only help him. He already stand up real well in the run game, if he is down below 350, he should, first of all look like a gazell compared to his former self to me, and also move much better. Just one of the things I'm sure I'll report back on.

brat316
05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
I wonder how his lost weight will correspond to his strength.

frubulubu
05-21-2010, 08:05 AM

Its something he will noticed himself when he is in the trenches. It will take some minor adjustments, but it will benefit him. Hopefully he has had a solid weightlifting program in the offseason.

eaglesalltheway
05-21-2010, 12:23 PM

It shouldn't affect it that much at all, considering he had a lot of extra bad weight on him, I assume he lost most of his bad weight, and very little muscle mass. Honestly, he probably hasn't lost much strength at all, because of the conditioning and strength training programs that NFL players are under.

Morton
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Trevard Lindley is going to be a top 5 cornerback in the NFL for the Eagles within 2 years, bet on it.

When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Lindley was the biggest steal of the draft.

cunningham06
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Trevard Lindley is going to be a top 5 cornerback in the NFL for the Eagles within 2 years, bet on it.

When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Lindley was the biggest steal of the draft.

What makes you say that?

LonghornsLegend
05-22-2010, 12:57 PM

I remember almost everyone wanted this dude late in the draft that year, he just never got right after the injury. Reminds me somewhat of Mike Mickens who we picked up late after an injury, both were great prospects before and never the same afterwards. I figured he'd be a steal after a year to rehab.

eaglesalltheway
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Jamar Chaney was the biggest steal of the draft.

Editted for accuracy...

frubulubu
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM

You werent to happy with the corners after the draft, what do you see in Lindley?

Go_Eagles77
05-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I do think Lindley has the potential to be a good player. He was a stud his junior year and his play dropped off a lot last year due to injury, but he has shut down WRs such as AJ Green, Percy Harvin and Julio Jones in his career. I think saying he will be a top 5 CB is a pretty big stretch but I definitely think he could be a solid start one day at least.

eaglesalltheway
05-23-2010, 01:41 PM
I do think Lindley has the potential to be a good player. He was a stud his junior year and his play dropped off a lot last year due to injury, but he has shut down WRs such as AJ Green, Percy Harvin and Julio Jones in his career. I think saying he will be a top 5 CB is a pretty big stretch but I definitely think he could be a solid start one day at least.

This is how I feel, pretty much, he doesn't have any true special traits as a playmaker, and doesn't have the lockdown ability to make him anywhere near a top 5 CB, but he COULD develop into a good, not great, CB IMO.

bigbluedefense
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
This is how I feel, pretty much, he doesn't have any true special traits as a playmaker, and doesn't have the lockdown ability to make him anywhere near a top 5 CB, but he COULD develop into a good, not great, CB IMO.

Thats still incredible value for a 4th round pick though.

I loved the pick, for a 4th rounder you had nothing to lose with selecting him.

I don't think he'll be a top 5 guy, he's just too small, but I do love the value and think he can be a solid pro in a year or 2.

That secondary is still very shakey though.

brat316
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
5'11 is not small, and I think he'll get to 190-200 lbs.

eaglesalltheway
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats still incredible value for a 4th round pick though.

I loved the pick, for a 4th rounder you had nothing to lose with selecting him.

I don't think he'll be a top 5 guy, he's just too small, but I do love the value and think he can be a solid pro in a year or 2.

That secondary is still very shakey though.

The value is good, and even though I was never a huge Lindley fan, I realize the value is good, but the fit really isn't great, IMO, and he doesn't have the playmaking ability to compensate for it like Asante to make him a very good-great CB in the Eagles defense. If he can stay healthy, get stronger, and learn the playbook, he has a good shot because the talent is there.

eaglesalltheway
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
5'11 is not small, and I think he'll get to 190-200 lbs.

5'11" isn't small, and his height is actually ideal for the defense, but I think BBD means he is too small to be a top 5 CB. If that is the case, I agree with him, because he doesn't have the elite talent to make up for his lack of elite measurables.

And BBD, if the secondary works out as I think it will, the only question mark will be the RCB position.

I see it eventually working out as
LCB: Samuel
RCB: Hanson
FS: Allen
SS: Mikell
Nickel: Harris
Dime: Hobbs

If it works out that way (or with Nickel/Dime reversed) that isn't too bad, and only leaves one major hole (and a minor one if Hobbs is the Nickel) in the secondary. Of course it isn't ideal, and I see Allen going through growing pains like every rookie Safety, but overall that group seems pretty good with only one major gap, if it works out like I expect.

frubulubu
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is still not back to being a starter in the NFL.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports, "Being a competitor you always want to start," Vick said Monday, his first day participating with rookies and selected veterans during organized team activities. "I know in my future that's there for me. I'll be a starter in this league again. Right now I'm just having fun honing my skills.

"You're going to have an opportunity to be a starter. And I'll say, 'OK, I'm going to go back to the drawing board and work on a lot of things that I didn't have a chance to work on because I was forced into action so fast.' I have to work on those things and when I get back to doing them I'm going to be dangerous. That's all I can say -- I'll be dangerous."

eaglesalltheway
05-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Vick was, and still is, always dangerous simply because of his cannon for an arm and running ability. I'm actually anxious to see how he progresses, as it will give us a clue as to how his future will pan out in the near future. I don't ever expect him to evolve into a true superstar, and honestly, I can't see him being anything better than what he was, but I can see him becoming the same calibur type QB if all things work out for him.

frubulubu
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Word is out of the OTAs that he is looking as fast as ever.

cunningham06
05-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Hopefully we'll find ways to use Vick this season more than last year.

eaglesalltheway
05-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Hopefully we'll find ways to use Vick this season more than last year.

Half the battle last year was him being able to get back into the flow of the game and making his reads. He was even having struggles reading the DE on option plays, so the problem wasn't all finding ways to use him, but moreso finding ways to use him that he (and the offense and coaching staff) were comfortable with him doing.

Thumper
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm hearing great things about Brandon Graham from camp, he is apparantly looking like a beast (If Cowboys fans can do it, I can do it too). Of course remember he is abusing back-ups but still. Also I think his short arms are overplayed, his arms are the same length as those of Dwight Freeney, Trent Cole, Osi Umenyiora, Derrick Burgess, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Mathis and LaMarr Woodley. They certainly haven't been held back by arm length as combined, those players with 32" arms have notched 340 sacks.

Also Matt Mosley said Kolb has 'body language' issues, not the Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb issues where they seemed too nonchalant and like they didn't care. According to reporters and other bystanders, Kolb often slaps himself on the helmet or slaps his hands in disgust when he misses a throw. Ummm... Thats a little weird, he might be too fiery right now.

Gary Cobb commented on Mike Kafka saying (http://www.gcobb.com/2010/05/28/quick-look-at-eagles-rookies-during-past-weeks-otas/) "Mike Kafka has been the most pleasant surprise of the camp in the way he has run the offense. He was ahead of schedule in getting the ball out of his hands, throwing the ball accurately, reading the defensive coverages and taking charge when he’s running the offense. His staying out and throwing after practice shows you that he knows how serious he is about preparing to play." And there is a nice article on Kafka done by the Inquirer (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100527_Kafka_puts_in_time__effort_to_stick_with_ Eagles.html#axzz0pAVPBXPb). In the article they say:

"The thing that I love is his attention to detail. As a great quarterback, you have to have that. And he's hard on himself. He's self-motivated," Kolb said. "When he gets asked a question, he doesn't have an excuse. He says, 'I missed it. It's my fault,' and you can see the next time he doesn't miss it. A lot of guys aren't like that."

"He's got good size [6-foot-3, 225 pounds], he's real athletic, sure throws the ball well," Mornhinweg said. "I think he's got some natural instincts, some gut instincts, and he's real sharp."

For at least the second straight day, Kafka and Hall, a wide receiver out of Air Force, stayed after practice to work on passing and receiving amid summerlike heat.

I'm a Kafka fan right now, I liked the pick right away and I like it more today, he seems like a tough, smart, hard working, mature and mentally tough QB. Hopefully the Eagles can pull a Matt Schaub deal one day in exchange for him.

Also in GCobb's post he notes how Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton and Jamar Chaney have been impressing at camp. Lindley has made nice plays on some of the young receivers. Clayton has shown coverage abilities that the Eagles need out of him and Chaney looks quick in coverage as well and has apparantly become a leader in the huddle. I'm liking these picks right now. GCobb also notes how Nate Allen is clearly intelligent and understands the game, but he is still getting comfortable and isn't moving as fast as he eventually will, I know that a few days back Nate Allen looked really good but he is still feeling things out and Gcobb said he has been in position to make plays in the secondary often.

Right now based off of whats coming out of camp I'd say that Graham, Allen, Lindley, Kafka, Clayton and Chaney are the most impressive while DTN, Ricky Sapp and Clay Harbor are struggling. Meanwhile Kurt Coleman can't be at the camps, Charles Scott is tough to evaluate because he is a better live game guy and the same story goes for Jeff Owens. Also reports have said that Riley Cooper looks solid, he needs to polish up but reports are saying he has good hands, is good at coming back to the QB and that he squares off at the end of his curl and hook routes in order to give his quarterback a good target (http://www.gcobb.com/2010/05/26/riley-cooper-and-hank-baskett-are-headed-for-a-tough-camp-battle/)

Thumper
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Quick 2011 draft question. Lets say Quintin Mikell doesn't play well again this year, the Eagles let him leave through free agency and in the 2011 draft the Eagles are on the clock and Aaron Williams, Mark Barron and Brendan Harris are on the board, who would you take? The physically impressive Williams who is well rounded, explosive, long athletic who is the ideal corner prospect? Mark Barron the skilled strong safety with NFL caliber coaching, strong run instincts, great coverage ability and Adrian Wilson type upside? Or Brendan Harris, the shorter corner who was shut down at the college level, is great in man coverage and is a corner in the mold of Revis and Jonathan Joseph?

eaglesalltheway
05-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Not surprised to hear good things about Graham or Kafka, especially Graham. I too loved the Kafka pick and being able to pick up aspects of the offense this quick is a good sign, that honestly, I expected. Not surprised Chaney is getting good reviews, he can truly do it all. He can honestly play either LB position, as his set of skills covers everything needed. Good to hear Lindley and Clayton are also looking good. I'm not surprised DTN or Sapp are struggling now, as DTN seems like a guy that lacks the intelligence to pick things up right away, but expect him to pick things up gradually, and by TC, his mistakes should be minimal. Sapp is undergoing a position change, if he would be struggling, I'd be surprised (and excited). A little surprised to see Harbor struggling, he comes accross as intelligent, and has the tools to work with, but he is coming from a lower level program, so some of the reasons behind his struggles could be the adjustment, and I've even heard him say that the game, even in practice, is much faster.

As far as the Mikell situation goes, its tough to know how that will play out, but if he were gone, I'd still want the Eagles to look CB first, as the draft next year looks to have some potentially elite CBs, and you can get good value at the safety positions in the mid-later rounds. CB is just too big of a need to definitively say anything other than the position should be the first selection at this point.

superman8456
05-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I say we take Aaron Williams.

The strong safety class next year is fairly deep. Some good ball players like Ahmad Black and Tyler Sash, who are somewhat unheralded.

frubulubu
05-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb's practice demeanor as the starter has been notable for a few reasons according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

For one, it stands polar to the way Donovan McNabb conducted himself on the Eagles practice field for over a decade. McNabb was loosey goosey. He smiled a lot. Liked to joke around with his teammates. If he was errant on a pass he would react and motion and yell, but he did it all with a laugh and a grin. Kolb just grits his teeth and stares.

Interestingly enough, Kolb has already faced some nit-picking about his displays. From his own coach. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg often teaches his quarterbacks to keep their emotions in check and their body language impassive. Kolb, though, isn't apologizing for his ways. (Sound like anyone else?)

“I’ve been that way since the day I was born,” Kolb said earlier this week. “Marty tries to pull me back on that sometimes. But sometimes I think it’s good. He gets me to not show it, but sometimes I think guys in certain times need to see their quarterback get angry and go look, ‘Let’s flip the switch here and get going.’”

eaglesalltheway
05-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb's practice demeanor as the starter has been notable for a few reasons according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

For one, it stands polar to the way Donovan McNabb conducted himself on the Eagles practice field for over a decade. McNabb was loosey goosey. He smiled a lot. Liked to joke around with his teammates. If he was errant on a pass he would react and motion and yell, but he did it all with a laugh and a grin. Kolb just grits his teeth and stares.

Interestingly enough, Kolb has already faced some nit-picking about his displays. From his own coach. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg often teaches his quarterbacks to keep their emotions in check and their body language impassive. Kolb, though, isn't apologizing for his ways. (Sound like anyone else?)

“I’ve been that way since the day I was born,” Kolb said earlier this week. “Marty tries to pull me back on that sometimes. But sometimes I think it’s good. He gets me to not show it, but sometimes I think guys in certain times need to see their quarterback get angry and go look, ‘Let’s flip the switch here and get going.’”

I like having a QB with that type of mentality, I played with the same three QBs throughout the time from when I was 5 until I graduated, and our team liked the QB who had the most intensity, and we had the most success with him as well. Kolb seems to blend that intensity well with how he uses it with the team. Its much better to have an intense QB who will keep you going than having a QB who looks at your receiver and says, "its ok, you'll get it next time".

Go_Eagles77
05-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I love McNabb, but was there anything more annoying than when McNabb would throw one of his infamous dirt balls at a receivers' feet, only for the camera to cut to him with a huge smile on his face?

superman8456
05-30-2010, 08:44 AM
I've been part of a forum mock on here and I got to take the Eagles. I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do for the last 3 rounds. I have a pretty big board left and solid talent at pretty much every position, but CB.

What I have so far:
1) Prince Amukamara, CB, Wisconsin (Aaron Williams and Patrick Peterson were taken)
2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State
3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC (absolute steal)
4a) Noel Devine, RB, WVU
4b) Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Where should I go next? We have 4 picks left. Will +rep good ideas.

frubulubu
05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Stefen Wisniewski, in my opinion. The guy plays with a consistency. He can also move inside and play center he is a doubled edge sword.

Go_Eagles77
05-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't know much about the 2011 prospects yet but some positions the eagles might be looking at in the late rounds next year are:

DE - Might be looking for a replacement for Juqua Parker.
QB - Mike Vick probably won't be there anymore so they might grab another developmental guy.
WR - Could use an upgrade over Baskett.
CB - If Ellis Hobbs isn't here anymore.
P - A replacement for Sav Rocca could be an option.

Overall your draft looks pretty good so far. Probably filled our 2 biggest needs in the first 2 rounds with future starters at CB and interior OL. Got depth at the DT position, another weapon for the offense and return game in Devine, this would be particularly good if they let Bell walk and we could get a nice 3 headed monster going with McCoy - Scott - Devine. Herzlich would be good value but we already have a logjam at LB, so unless the young guys don't step up I'm not sure the need is there.

eaglesalltheway
05-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I've been part of a forum mock on here and I got to take the Eagles. I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do for the last 3 rounds. I have a pretty big board left and solid talent at pretty much every position, but CB.

What I have so far:
1) Prince Amukamara, CB, Wisconsin (Aaron Williams and Patrick Peterson were taken)
2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State
3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC (absolute steal)
4a) Noel Devine, RB, WVU
4b) Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

Where should I go next? We have 4 picks left. Will +rep good ideas.

Honestly, if the first 4 rounds went like this, you could draft poop on a stick and I'd love this draft. Amukamara is a guy I like, not love at this point, but he is a legit first round talent and I think fits well. Wisniewski is a great pick as well. Casey IS a HUGE steal there, fits well and at a posiiton that could use some depth, especially if Laws continues his spiral and Owens doesn't do much, which I kind of expect. Then you top it off with Devine and Herzlich. Herzlich is a great fit and though LB isn't a huge need at this point, I could see it being a position the team addresses in the mid rounds, depending how the WLB situation works out, and Herzy can play there. It all depends how his medical comes out, but I love that pick as well. GE 77 said the psitions to watch for, but as always keep in mind OL. Another SS is possible depending how Coleman developes, and it could be addressed earlier if Mikell is gone after this season.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
And... Down goes the first Eagles so far. Marlin Jackson fell down in drill, no contact, on hard turf, clutching his right knee which happens to be the one that he tore his ACL in during November. So... Nate Allen is now basically a lock for the starting spot unless the Eagles move Macho Harris back.

Or we could sign OJ Atgowe! :D

bigbluedefense
06-01-2010, 01:53 PM
You're better off starting Nate Allen anyway. This is a blessing in disguise. Marlin Jackson was just a stop gap anyway, and he wasn't going to do anything special.

Now Nate can get more quality reps in.

I'm all for sitting rookies and letting them develop slow, I believe that decreases your bust rate when you do that, but screw it, why not. Nate can handle it.

Nate and Graham should start right away. Let the rest of em sit and learn, they'll need slow development. Graham and Nate should be plug and chug though.

That secondary is gonna be weaksauce this year anyway. Might as well let him get the kinks out this year.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh I already thought Nate Allen would start, I was just hoping that Marlin could at least put up some competition. Now Nate Allen is competing with Macho Harris and Quintin Demps, now, he is a virtual lock for the spot.

And yeah, the secondary is going to suck, especially RCB. Ellis Hobbs is the worst starting corner in the NFL, Asante Samuel is a fantastic playmaker but he lets too much get by him in both the run and pass defense and Quintin Mikell just isn't the same without Dawkins beside him. Oh well... Patrick Peterson in next years draft! (I can dream)

superman8456
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Marlin Jackson: Marlin Jackson carted off with ankle injury

Eagles FS Marlin Jackson was carted off the practice field Tuesday with a potentially serious ankle injury.
Jackson, who is coming off back-to-back ACL surgeries the past two years, was "visibly upset" after going down without contact on a deep pass over the middle. The Eagles are now saying it's a right ankle injury, which is a relief considering his knee history. Stay tuned for updates. Jun. 1 - 2:35 pm et

Conflicting reports.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Phew, the reporters twittering were wrong! Its only an ankle injury which for Marlin is far better than a knee injury. Bullet = dodged. Now I really hope he can compete with Nate Allen because competition makes everyone better.

bigbluedefense
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Mikel is good, its Asante who's the problem. Mikel would constantly yell at Asante for breaking off assignment and leaving him out to dry.

It was fine when you had Sheldon shutting down 1 side, and Dawk opposite Mikel to clean up some of the mess, but you can't have a mediocre safety next to Mikel and Asante gambling all the time. That leaves huge holes in the secondary, and other guys get tagged as guilty by association.

Nate should clean up 1 spot, but without that Sheldon like CB next to Asante, it could get a little ugly.

I see you guys running a decent amount of Cover 2 this year in your coverage schemes. You'll still blitz like hell, but I mean that you'll see that your coverage shells this year will be less man and more zone, with 2 deep safety in all likelihood.

Less Cover 1 than years past.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
And now it looks like Marlin's ankle injury is really serious, La Canfora said that "Eagles fearing worst on Marlin Jackson's ankle. "It's not good," a source said. Could miss much time in 2010." and I believe it, he was carted off, and when he was injured he was clutching his leg in pain and screaming "I'm finished". Kinda sad actually.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/01/marlin-jackson-injured-on-practice-field/

According to the on-site account of the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeffrey McLane, Jackson needed to helped off the field during Tuesday's OTA practice. Jackson was "visibly upset," and "left the building crying."

I genuinely feel bad for the guy, I know he doesn't deserve this kind of bad luck, this could be his third season ending injury in three years and by all accounts he is classy and just a nice, high character, hard working guy. I hate reading this stuff, especially when the player is a guy like Marlin Jackson.

eaglesalltheway
06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
And... Down goes the first Eagles so far. Marlin Jackson fell down in drill, no contact, on hard turf, clutching his right knee which happens to be the one that he tore his ACL in during November. So... Nate Allen is now basically a lock for the starting spot unless the Eagles move Macho Harris back.

Or we could sign OJ Atgowe! :D

I heard its his ankle, but reports are that it isn't good and he doesn't look like he'll play this year. I think Harris will stay at CB, and the team will keep Demps at FS. Signing Atogwe at this point makes no sense.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I heard its his ankle, but reports are that it isn't good and he doesn't look like he'll play this year. I think Harris will stay at CB, and the team will keep Demps at FS. Signing Atogwe at this point makes no sense.

Initial reports said it was his knee and then it came out that it was his ankle.

eaglesalltheway
06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Tough to hear for Marlin, though I thought Allen would assume starting FS at some point this season, if not from the get go, I liked Jackson as a person, wasn't too big on the signing, particularly because of his knees, but it sucks to hear stuff like this.

eaglesalltheway
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Initial reports said it was his knee and then it came out that it was his ankle.

Gotcha, I only saw your first post about it, but yeah, it sucks. I wasn't expecting a lot from him anyway, but he would have at least added competition at FS and been solid depth...

Go_Eagles77
06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Damn, I was excited to see Jackson in a hybrid S/CB role. Oh well, hopefully this isn't the start of things to come.

eaglesalltheway
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Damn, I was excited to see Jackson in a hybrid S/CB role. Oh well, hopefully this isn't the start of things to come.

I was excited to see him on the field, if only for his ability to lay the big hit and support the run. With Allen, I didn't think he'd see much PT anyway though unless it were in nickel or dime packages.

Lets just hope there are no more serious injuries.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Marlin Jackson ruptured his Achilles, is officially out for the year. Get well Marlin.

superman8456
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM

Nate Allen better step up. Quintin Demps still being on the depth chart is a scary thought.

eaglesalltheway
06-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Nate Allen better step up. Quintin Demps still being on the depth chart is a scary thought.

I have faith in Allen, all signs point to him being a very good player. And I like Demps as backup, he provides solid depth and has starting experience. He has great range and is a pretty balanced safety, his major drawback are his overaggression and lack of great power, but he is a more than solid backup FS. He has added value as a returner as well, which is also valuable.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
So apparantly, Macho Harris had a decent showing against scrubs last week which prompted Gcobb to say this:

I’m not sure Macho Harris is fast enough to play cornerback in this defense. He’s made his share of plays during this camp but he’s also been beaten. Harris would be an ideal cover two corner because he knows how to play to his help and he’s very good at supporting the run on the corner.

But today, he was destroyed by Jeremy Maclin. Yay, Jeremy Maclin is a beast. He will be better than DeSean this season, he can make tough grabs, break tackles, go over the middle and everything DeSean can't do, Jeremy Maclin can and Jeremy can get deep better than most in the NFL can but he can't compare to DeSean in that aspect.

cunningham06
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
But today, he was destroyed by Jeremy Maclin. Yay, Jeremy Maclin is a beast. He will be better than DeSean this season, he can make tough grabs, break tackles, go over the middle and everything DeSean can't do, Jeremy Maclin can and Jeremy can get deep better than most in the NFL can but he can't compare to DeSean in that aspect.

I don't buy it. People (mainly you) are making too much out of Maclin right now. Maclin's good but Desean's a rare talent and people are too quick to write him off as a "one trick pony" after the Cowboys games. He can take a quick slant to the house and is awesome at step back screens. He'll take a hit as he's shown over and over. Maclin had a good rookie season as the #2 option behind Desean, Desean did it the season before basically by himself.

Saying that Maclin is going to be better than DJax this season after witnessing DJax showing the immense potential that he is scraping the surface of is just ********. Get off Maclin's nuts. Sure he's good but him beating Macho Harris at CB in OTA's doesn't mean ****. It's baseless just like saying how awesome Kolb is. They need time to prove they have reached elite status and just haven't done it yet.

Go_Eagles77
06-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Seriously Thumper you freak out when D-Unit hypes up Dez Bryant in Mini-camp but you're doing the same thing with Maclin. Don't get me wrong I think he can be great too but you're being pretty hypocritical.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
You think I made that judgement based on him beating Macho in training camp? Hahahahahhahahahahaha Wow... you people. How about I simply made a note on how Maclin was performing and while on the topic of Maclin, I expressed my opinion of him. Any time I mention Kolb or Maclin people FTFO, chill people.

DeSean isn't a complete receiver, its as simple as that. DeSean Jackson won’t beat you by running excellent routes over the middle, he won’t make the tough catch in traffic and he won’t make the circus catch. With DeSean Jackson it is very possible that you can phase him out of a game but the second that somebody in your secondary takes a misstep in coverage or somebody on the kick coverage unit takes a bad angle Jackson will make you pay. That kind of athleticism and pension for the big play is something that cannot be overlooked. DeSean is fantastic at what he does, best in the NFL right now at making plays from the WR spot, but I just don't see him ever becoming an elite receiver.

KC Joyner said that "As would be expected, Jackson did his best when facing safeties, linebackers or no coverage (i.e. when he found a dead spot in a zone defense) -- he caught 38 passes (out of 62 thrown his way) for 675 yards (10.9 yards per) and five touchdowns. The 10-yard YPA mark is the generally accepted bar for excellence at the wide receiver position, so posting a 10.9 YPA total in any category has to be considered superb. Jackson does dominate whenever he faces overmatched competition. Against cornerbacks, Jackson caught 26 balls (out of 57 thrown his way) for 494 yards (8.9 per) and four touchdowns. That's good, on face value."

But that doesn't make DeSean any less of a playmaker, he punishes defenses for making mistakes, in fact, maybe Jackson should be commended for making the plays when the opportunity arose because not all players do.

And lets compare DeSean and Jeremy, shall we? Did we ever see DeSean go up and outjump/outmaneauver a defensive back? No. But Jeremy Maclin did, against Cory Webster, one of the better corners in the NFL, he did it twice against the Buccaneers and he did it against Carlos Rogers of the Redskins and those are just examples I can recall of the top of my head. Has DeSean ever made clutch catches in the 4th quarter? I've seen him make one play in the 4th quarter, it was the big play in the NFC Championship game. But, last season his stats from the 4th quarter were: 14 Catches/183 Yards. 8 First Downs. 0 Touchdowns. Meanwhile Maclin made clutch catches late in the game against Washington and Denver. In the 4th quarter here are their averages (Maclin only played in 10 4th quarters) Maclin averaged 1.3 receptions, 16.8 yards and .1 touchdowns compared to DeSean who averaged .93 receptions, 12.2 yards and 0 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Also, Jeremy Maclin goes over the middle, DeSean Jackson does not, DeSean Jackson had 9 catches and 89 yards over the middle last season, Jeremy Maclin nearly topped that in the Atlanta game alone on one play where he took a crossing route 56 yards. Not to mention Jeremy Maclin is markedly more physical, have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin? Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters? Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson go up and steal a TD pass from a big CB like Webster? Have you ever seen DeSean lower his shoulder and run full speed into a linebacker? I haven't.

Jeremy Maclin is going to be the man really soon in Philadelphia, he is more well rounded and more reliable of a target. DeSean is an elite playmaker, I just think that Jeremy is going to be even better than DeSean, which is scary considering how good DeSean is.

Thumper
06-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Also am I the only one who thinks that this front 7 is the best the Eagles have had since 2004?

In 2004 the Eagles were lining up:
LE:Jevon Kearse
DT: Corey Simon
DT: Darwin Walker
RE:Derrick Burgess,
Reserve: Old Hugh Douglas
SLB: Mark Simoneau
MLB: Jeremiah Trotter
WLB: Dhani Jones

This season the Eagles are lining up with:
LE: Brandon Graham
DT: Mike Patterson
DT: Brodrick Bunkley
RE: Trent Cole
Reserve: Darryl Tapp
SLB: Moises Fokou
MLB: Stewart Bradley
WLB: Ernie Sims

cunningham06
06-02-2010, 12:18 AM
DeSean isn't a complete receiver, its as simple as that. DeSean Jackson won’t beat you by running excellent routes over the middle, he won’t make the tough catch in traffic and he won’t make the circus catch.

And lets compare DeSean and Jeremy, shall we? Did we ever see DeSean go up and outjump/outmaneauver a defensive back? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mjLebZ294

You clearly have an extremely short memory. Desean is excellent at not giving away that the ball is going to him until its nearly there. He made ridiculous catches, many over unsuspecting defenders shoulders regularly.
i.e.: 1:35.

But Jeremy Maclin did, against Cory Webster, one of the better corners in the NFL, he did it twice against the Buccaneers and he did it against Carlos Rogers of the Redskins and those are just examples I can recall of the top of my head. Has DeSean ever made clutch catches in the 4th quarter? I've seen him make one play in the 4th quarter, it was the big play in the NFC Championship game.

Wouldn't you say that's a pretty good time to be clutch? Following your bizarre logic how you can apparently extrapolate how inept a player is based on another's accomplishments, how many times has Maclin made the big play in the 4th quarter of an NFC championship? Never, I guess he's just not clutch...

Here's a scenario, you're in a tight game with the Eagles, what WR do you double? It's Jackson each and every time. He's by far the most dangerous and has proven he can score from nearly anywhere. I'd like to see Maclin have so many "clutch 4th quarter catches" if he were seeing doubles the way DJax was.

Not to mention Jeremy Maclin is markedly more physical, have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin?

If your argument is who would make the better UFC fighter, then I guess you've got me here. I apologize, Maclin is clearly superior at getting into fights with Ken Hamlin.

Draft scouts have sent offers to Ken Hamlin to get him to show up to the 2011 Scouting Combine to battle the receivers so he can "weed out the busts," since that is an indicator of greatness.

I'd rather not have a WR who regularly get into fights with DB's because that often ends up in stupid penalties.

Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters?

I guess I must have missed the multiple times that that happened. Do you see the recurring problem with this thinking?

Anyway, Have you ever seen Maclin tackle someone while he returns a punt? OMG so fisical! I don't think Maclin's ever done that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mjLebZ294 - 2:46

Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson go up and steal a TD pass from a big CB like Webster?

How about this one of him jumping over tye hill a CB with a 39 inch vertical jump? 1:35 yet again

Have you ever seen DeSean lower his shoulder and run full speed into a linebacker? I haven't.

You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHULs5zjBYg&feature=related 23 seconds in he takes a shot from Antonio Pierce, who could likely eat him, to get the TD.

Jeremy Maclin is going to be the man really soon in Philadelphia, he is more well rounded and more reliable of a target. DeSean is an elite playmaker, I just think that Jeremy is going to be even better than DeSean, which is scary considering how good DeSean is.

So what if he is more well rounded? Reggie Brown was "well rounded" but he wasn't special in any one aspect. Obviously I'm exaggerating here because Reggie Brown is a total scrub, but being well rounded doesn't automatically mean he is superior. DJax so greatly excels at his strengths that he more than makes up for it.

So your argument is based on finding instances that are biased towards Maclin's skill set over Desean's and pointing out that Desean didn't do that (Half of them are wrong but whatever). That's 3rd grade logic at best, actually on second thought, I take that back because I don't want to insult 3rd graders.

I'm not even going to bring up how regularly Desean schooled entire secondaries that knew he was coming and how Maclin didn't because that fits in with the ridiculous circuitous logic you've started here.

Oh well, I know this won't convince you, but at least Desean can sleep easy knowing that he has a big play coming his way after he retires.

pension for the big play

Think you were looking for the word penchant there...

eaglesalltheway
06-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Though I think that Maclin will at some point be better than DeSean, I don't see it this year, I see that potential coming around the 2011 or 2012 seasons. Its not a jab at DeSean, it is simply just how highly I think of Maclin. But Thumper, lets not confuse stuff here, of course you can look back and find Maclin laying big hits on a LB, you can find it in any WR (same goes with any of the things you mentioned about Maclin being very physical). The facts are that Maclin isn't really a physical type receiver, he has some physical elements to his game, but it isn't often, at all. I love Maclin and his potential too, but you have to bring up his alligator arms in the Dallas game (in the fourth quarter I believe) when talking about clutch. That was not clutch in any way. It would have been difficult to complete the reception with traffic and his positioning along the sideline, but you don't even have a chance if you aren't willing to catch the ball.

Maclin is still a player whose game focuses more on speed and quickness than strength and power. Maclin can make the inside catches, but so can DeSean, he just isn't asked to do it because the coaches would like to keep DeSean in one piece. Maclin's frame can handle those types of hits better than DeSean's. I'm sure as Maclin developes he will become even more well rounded, as he isn't a weak (physically) player, but he doesn't have the strength or physicality it seems you think he has, at least not at this point. DeSean showed some additional developement in his strength and ability to beat the jam between his rookie season and last year, so I am anxious to see what Maclin has done this offseason in order to build his strength and power, as well as using his hands to beat the jam. For now, DeSean is better, and I think DeSean will remain better at least until the end of this season (and who knows, maybe their whole careers), but with Maclin's skill set and his work ethic, as well as his understanding of the game, I think at some point he will develop into that all around, better WR. Both WRS will benefit from eachother, Maclin will be more open than he should because of DeSEan on some plays, and the same goes the other way, especially once Maclin establishes himself.

bigbluedefense
06-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Honestly guys, Maclin isn't as fast as you think. DJax is a legit 4.3 speed guy. Maclin ran a solid 4.45 (i think, can someone verify or disprove that?) at the combine, and when you see him play, he plays like a 4.45 guy.

He's stronger than Jax of course, but he's not nearly as explosive.

Manningham is actually faster than him, and while he isn't as physical, he's close enough. Maclin is a slightly stronger, but also slightly slower version of Mario.

While I think Maclin will be a very good WR, I don't think he's going to be as good as Jackson, and I think Jackson will continually take on the #1 CB of the opposition week in and out.

Not a complete knock on Maclin, but I personally don't think he'll be as good as many perceive him to be. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll be better than Jackson.

Quite frankly, you don't need him to be anyway. He's still going to give #2 CBs fits.

camp_eagles
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Also am I the only one who thinks that this front 7 is the best the Eagles have had since 2004?

In 2004 the Eagles were lining up:
LE:Jevon Kearse
DT: Corey Simon
DT: Darwin Walker
RE:Derrick Burgess,
Reserve: Old Hugh Douglas
SLB: Mark Simoneau
MLB: Jeremiah Trotter
WLB: Dhani Jones

This season the Eagles are lining up with:
LE: Brandon Graham
DT: Mike Patterson
DT: Brodrick Bunkley
RE: Trent Cole
Reserve: Darryl Tapp
SLB: Moises Fokou
MLB: Stewart Bradley
WLB: Ernie Sims

I can honestly say that the Eagles are better now at every position except MLB where its a toss up at this point because 04 Trotter was a beast making the probowl while starting only 9 games.

But lets compare the 04 secondary to the 10 secondary just for fun.

CB: Lito Sheppard
SS:Michael Lewis
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Sheldon Brown
NB: Rod Hood

CB: Asante Samuel
SS: Nate Allen/Macho Harris
FS: Quintin Mikell
CB: Ellis Hobbs
NB: Joselio Hanson

Go_Eagles77
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
You have FS/SS mixed up but very good point, the 04 secondary blows away the current secondary.

superman8456
06-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Doesn't matter who we have when McDermott has no ******* idea how to use players.

Sniper
06-02-2010, 11:53 AM
have you ever seen DeSean Jackson get in a fight with Ken Hamlin?

No, thanks. I prefer wideouts who don't get in fights and get penalties. Thanks for asking.

Have you ever seen DeSean Jackson shove Mike Jenkins into Jason Peters?

I'd rather we don't take the chance of hurting our left tackle. Thanks for asking, though.

eaglesalltheway
06-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I can honestly say that the Eagles are better now at every position except MLB where its a toss up at this point because 04 Trotter was a beast making the probowl while starting only 9 games.

But lets compare the 04 secondary to the 10 secondary just for fun.

CB: Lito Sheppard
SS:Michael Lewis
FS: Brian Dawkins
CB: Sheldon Brown
NB: Rod Hood

CB: Asante Samuel
SS: Nate Allen/Macho Harris
FS: Quintin Mikell
CB: Ellis Hobbs
NB: Joselio Hanson

As far as the front 7, I think every position is better, Trotter made the pro bowl partly by name recognition at that point, though he did play in 9 of the best games of his career at that point. I don't see Fokou starting at SLB, it'll either be Chaney, Hall, or an outside chance to Sapp. I'd say Fokou has just about the same chances as Hall to start, for the record. As for the secondary, the only upgrade is Asante and Mikell, and after that, there are downgrades. I like Allen and think he will be great, but he'll have his rookie mistakes, and though I see Hanson beating Hobbs for the starters spot, and Harris at Nickel, both are downgrades at the position.

eaglesalltheway
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Not sure if anyone heard yet, but Charles Scott signed a four year deal, the first of the Eagles draftees to sign a contract.

frubulubu
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports linebacker Stewart Bradley limped off the practice field at the NovaCare Complex today, favoring his left leg. The Eagles said he tweaked his calf. Bradley declined to be interviewed.

The injury does not appear to be serious.

eaglesalltheway
06-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports linebacker Stewart Bradley limped off the practice field at the NovaCare Complex today, favoring his left leg. The Eagles said he tweaked his calf. Bradley declined to be interviewed.

The injury does not appear to be serious.

Whew... Crisis averted, haha. He is one of the Eagles players that NEEDS to stay healthy.

frubulubu
06-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I was pretty scared when I heard that as well. Im glad it was nothing serious and hope we dont have any more injuries.

camp_eagles
06-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Herremans is seeing a foot specialist today to make sure everything is fine with his foot. God I hope it is.

Thumper
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Herremans is seeing a foot specialist today to make sure everything is fine with his foot. God I hope it is.

If he misses time along with Jamaal Jackson the offensive line will be in serious trouble.

camp_eagles
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
If he misses time along with Jamaal Jackson the offensive line will be in serious trouble.

I would most likely be Peters - Cole - McGlynn - Andrews - Justice. So ya were screwed if he misses time.

eaglesalltheway
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I would most likely be Peters - Cole - McGlynn - Andrews - Justice. So ya were screwed if he misses time.

Thats an understatement, and Thumper, that is the ugliest/strangest sig I've ever seen.

Thumper
06-06-2010, 12:06 PM

That isn't such a huge fail because I think Stacy Andrews bounces back this season, the only issue would be chemistry.

Also I'm hearing great things about Trevard Lindley, I'm still a doubter but if he is progressing as quickly as reports say he is, look out for him to start at RCB because he is already playing second string CB and he is apparantly locking down the receivers on the practice field. Plus I'm not sure if you guys realize this, but Lindley is the most physically gifted CB on the roster, his combination of size/speed is better than any other CB on the roster which is actually really bad considering that Lindley is 5'11 and runs a 4.5 40.

Go_Eagles77
06-06-2010, 12:18 PM
We can potentially have 3-4 rookie starters on the defense this year. Crazy.

cunningham06
06-06-2010, 02:14 PM
We can potentially have 3-4 rookie starters on the defense this year. Crazy.

I bet we're gonna see 2, maybe 3. Obviously the two most likely being Graham and Allen, with the 3rd possibility being Lindley. I don't buy Chaney starting. From what I've read it seems he's taking most of his snaps at WILL and MIKE instead of SAM where he would have the best shot to start.

Go_Eagles77
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM
I bet we're gonna see 2, maybe 3. Obviously the two most likely being Graham and Allen, with the 3rd possibility being Lindley. I don't buy Chaney starting. From what I've read it seems he's taking most of his snaps at WILL and MIKE instead of SAM where he would have the best shot to start.
I agree in that it seems like a long shot but Moise Fokou was even more of a long shot last year, and he was more of a WILL as well. Also it's not just Chaney but Clayton and Sapp have both seen time at SAM as well. Of course it seems unlikely but it's not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

superman8456
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I think the only rookie starting from day 1 is going to be Nate Allen.

There is no reason to rush to get Brandon Graham on the field. We have decent depth right now at DE, so he will have to work his way into the lineup.

Sniper
06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I
There is no reason to rush to get Brandon Graham on the field. We have decent depth right now at DE, so he will have to work his way into the lineup.

With Graham, it won't be a question of rushing him on the field as much as it will be the fact that he's better than everyone not named Cole.

Go_Eagles77
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I think the only rookie starting from day 1 is going to be Nate Allen.

The thing about that is Brandon Graham is actually better suited to be a starter than Juqua Parker because of his ability to defend both the run and the pass. Parker's better suited to just be a situational pass rusher. I just hope Graham proves enough to be the starter, but I agree that Allen is the one most likely to start.

superman8456
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
The thing about that is Brandon Graham is actually better suited to be a starter than Juqua Parker because of his ability to defend both the run and the pass. Parker's better suited to just be a situational pass rusher. I just hope Graham proves enough to be the starter, but I agree that Allen is the one most likely to start.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I though Darryl Tapp was also working at LDE? I would probably expect him to start the first couple games with a heavy rotation.

Go_Eagles77
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I though Darryl Tapp was also working at LDE? I would probably expect him to start the first couple games with a heavy rotation.
I'm pretty sure Tapp is the 2nd team RDE.

frubulubu
06-07-2010, 01:02 AM
I think hes LDE.

Thumper
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
No, Tapp as of now is the second string RE in practice.

So that probably means he is a rotational LE in the season since Trent Cole never misses any snaps, much less games.

frubulubu
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Eagles QB Kevin Kolb told PFW he has no problem with Michael Vick coming in for a play or two at a time, or even for an entire series according to Pro Football Weekly. Donovan McNabb said that bringing in Vick occasionally would get him out of rhythm, but Kolb said he wants to see as much of Vick as possible. "Last year when I was in there (for two starts) it didn't affect me at all," Kolb said by telephone. "To be honest with you, (Vick) looks so good right now out there in OTAs, I want him to be on the field as much as possible. He's a great athlete and a great weapon."

Thumper
06-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I could see it, Kolb is more of an accurate, consistent, short routes kind of guy whereas McNabb was a streaky, explosive quarterback so I think that keeping a rythym is more important to a guy who is streaky.

And I too have heard great things about Vick, I've heard he is giving people flashbacks to his Atlanta days.

superman8456
06-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I think we all understand one thing. Our oline is going to get exposed this year.

McNabb is usually good for escaping 3-4 potential sacks a game with ease, but I feel like Kolb will be taking a lot more sacks.

Forum mock done: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41483

Thumper
06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
I think we all understand one thing. Our oline is going to get exposed this year.

McNabb is usually good for escaping 3-4 potential sacks a game with ease, but I feel like Kolb will be taking a lot more sacks.

Forum mock done: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41483

Not really... Go back and watch the Saints game, Kolb was avoiding sacks all game. Kolb's athleticism is underrated, he ran a 4.8 and he actually tested better than McNabb in the 3 cone drill and other than the 40 yard dash he tested very similarly to McNabb in athletic drills.

And he only took 1 sack in 2 games started.

Thumper
06-08-2010, 03:14 AM
*This post is actually mostly about DeSean Jackson so don't panic when I open with Jeremy Maclin, K?

Just another WR update, Jeremy Maclin says he put on 6 pounds and he reportedly looks really big. That means that Maclin is 204-206 pounds. And, Gcobb said that (http://www.gcobb.com/2010/06/07/jeremy-maclin-is-thinking-big-for-birds-young-talented-offense/) "DeSean Jackson wasn’t at today’s Eagles OTA and it seemed that the Eagles other starting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin must have caught a thousand balls. Quarterback Kevin Kolb got into a rhythm and he and Maclin were hooking up all practice long. Kolb was connected with him on come back routes, crossing routes, out routes, go routes and double move routes. They seemed to be at their best on the intermediate routes. All this intermediate stuff could make Maclin the most thrown to receiver on the football team." I know you guys are sick of my Maclin hype but quite frankly, I don't care, scouts were comparing him to Tory Holt in the 2009 draft process and quite frankly I'm excited to see how Maclin develops.

But please, don't misconstrue my gushing over Maclin as me being down on DeSean Jackson because I also feel like DeSean Jackson is very very good. My only concern is that DeSean Jackson's career numbers just don't translate to him making a good transition to a real WCO, Jackson doesn't make catches over the middle, he doesn't catch a lot of his targets and he can't take hits.

In case you aren't aware, in the west coast offense the passing game is just an extension of the running game, the short throws are just extended hand offs and it is up to the receivers to take hits, create after the catch and serve as 'running backs', and they typically have to be safe and consistent targets as well. West Coast routes are typically quick, shorter, and hit sooner than traditional numbered routes. The curl, drag, slant, and quick out are littered throughout a West Coast play sheet. Instead of running plays, these are a teams running game. Terrell Owens is a perfect example, from 2000-2003 TO grabbed 64 catches over the middle for 1044 yards and he averaged over 6 yards after the catch in that time frame. Brandon Marshall, another great WCO receiver under Mike Shannahan averaged around 5 yards after the catch under Shanny. West coast offense receivers are guys like Sidney Rice, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice etc. etc. and if you aren't a big guy, you better be a beast in traffic like Greg Jennings, who has a career average of 6.2 yards after the catch and has topped 7 two of the past three seasons.

The Eagles were running more of a traditional west coast offense against the Saints and Chiefs and DeSean Jackson did just fine. Against the Chiefs, DeSean Jackson averaged 15 yards after the catch. DeSean Jackson just doesn't fit that mold, however, I have hope. The west coast offense is predicated on running routes underneath and getting seperation and DeSean can do just that, DeSean can seperate on any route at any time, his quickness is unreal. But like I said, you have to be a consistent target and DeSean Jackson only caught 52% of his targets last season. The problem with that notion is that I'm not sure if he's to blame or that was on McNabb. DeSean had 16 catches in his first 6 games with McNabb last year. In Kolb's 2 starts he totaled 10 catches. I'm not trying to pick on McNabb. I guess the point would be that his love of throwing downfield led to some inconsistent connections between him and DeSean. So perhaps having a more accurate thrower and running shorter routes will up his percentage of targets caught, I hope. Plus, when you give DeSean room to create, he is as good as anyone in the NFL, he is one of, if not the most elusive players in the NFL, his ability to create space in a phonebooth is unmatched, his moves are straight out of a Barry Sanders highlight reel sometimes, his vision and creative ability in the open field is unreal. Also I think that DeSean Jackson will do very very well in this scheme based off of a report from Daniel Jeremiah that said that DeSean Jackson had the best pro-day of any wide-out he had ever seen. The story is that DeSean Jackson had no QB to throw him a ball so they had a scout be a QB and DeSean Jackson was making grabs in the dirt, off his hip, everywhere so that gives me hope because DeSean actually has good hands. Get the ball to DeSean and good things will happen, thats what has happened at every level for DeSean and I hope that continues although I could definitely see DeSean missing time with an injury since he will be open to more shots from linebackers and safeties.

superman8456
06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Not really... Go back and watch the Saints game, Kolb was avoiding sacks all game. Kolb's athleticism is underrated, he ran a 4.8 and he actually tested better than McNabb in the 3 cone drill and other than the 40 yard dash he tested very similarly to McNabb in athletic drills.

And he only took 1 sack in 2 games started.

I, quite frankly, dont give a flying **** about combine numbers. The two games he started, one was against the damn Chiefs. Our oline was eating them up all game long. He took 2 sacks in the second half of the Carolina game.

Thumper
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I, quite frankly, dont give a flying **** about combine numbers. The two games he started, one was against the damn Chiefs. Our oline was eating them up all game long. He took 2 sacks in the second half of the Carolina game.

Oh really? Thats odd because I've actually watched the games more than once and against the Chiefs, the offensive line was great but against the Saints Kolb had pressure in his face on nearly every snap.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/5/8/1463994/kevin-kolb-game-tape-week-2-vs-new

Please, watch that and quit assuming crap because quite frankly, you're wrong, completely and terribly wrong so please calm down and come back when you actually know what you're talking about, thanks.

cunningham06
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Just don't even acknowledge him anymore. I put him on my ignore list (never used that feature before), and now this thread is suddenly a whole lot less irritating.

Go_Eagles77
06-08-2010, 03:21 PM
He does have a point though. I've said this several times in other threads before, everyone assumes Kolb will get sacked more than McNabb because he isn't as elusive in the pocket but he has a much faster release than McNabb, and that's the most important thing. He has completed passes that McNabb wouldn't have even thrown away.

superman8456
06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
He does have a point though. I've said this several times in other threads before, everyone assumes Kolb will get sacked more than McNabb because he isn't as elusive in the pocket but he has a much faster release than McNabb, and that's the most important thing. He has completed passes that McNabb wouldn't have even thrown away.

I understand all these things. As much of how much faster his release is, it will still expose our offensive line. My main point of my post.

Thumper
06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I understand all these things. As much of how much faster his release is, it will still expose our offensive line. My main point of my post.

But what basis do you have for this argument? Are you saying because he isn't as fast as McNabb he will take more sacks? Because I actually have game stats that say he took 3 sacks last season, 1 in 2 starts and I provided video evidence of him repeatedly avoiding and making throws with pressure.

superman8456
06-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh really? Thats odd because I've actually watched the games more than once and against the Chiefs, the offensive line was great but against the Saints Kolb had pressure in his face on nearly every snap.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/5/8/1463994/kevin-kolb-game-tape-week-2-vs-new

Please, watch that and quit assuming crap because quite frankly, you're wrong, completely and terribly wrong so please calm down and come back when you actually know what you're talking about, thanks.

The way I saw that footage was this:

A) The Saints sent many, many blitzes that were pretty well picked up by the offensive line and backs. If they're sending blitzes, someone should be getting open. Kolb did nothing extraordinary in the face of a blitz, but he didnt do anything really bad I guess.
B) I dont think the offensive line did that bad at all off of that footage. They did a good job of creating a pocket and pushing the edge rushers up field, giving opportunities for Kolb to step up into his throws.
C) if you call that being faced with pressure on every snap, McNabb needs to be an MVP or something. I'm sorry, but McNabb faces that pressure week in and week out and still is a productive player. I expect Kolb to handle the pressure that way.

superman8456
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
But what basis do you have for this argument? Are you saying because he isn't as fast as McNabb he will take more sacks? Because I actually have game stats that say he took 3 sacks last season, 1 in 2 starts and I provided video evidence of him repeatedly avoiding and making throws with pressure.

I've never once said McNabb is "fast". Does he allude potential sacks all the time? Yes, he is one of the hardest QB's to bring down.

I've already said once that Kolb saw absolutely no pressure during the Kansas City Chiefs game. I mean absolutely none. He was barely touched. I was in attendance at that game.

During the Saints game, Kolb did good things. Our offensive tackles pushed the edge rushers up field, and there were a only a couple instances where there was pressure up the middle. The offensive line gave an ample amount of time on most throws and sometimes you did see Kolb hold on to the ball too long. Not to mention, the Saints defensive coordinator was trying to throw everything but the kitchen sink to pressure Kolb, but the oline and backs handled it nicely.

Next year, however, I think it will be different. I think our offensive line is going to be in big trouble. Our interior line specifically has a lot to prove and short on talent. I have high expectations for our tackles, both of which could easily fail to reach my expectations.

Thumper
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Personally I have a lot of faith in Mike McGlynn and Stacy Andrews, I think Andrews was garbage last year, but I think a lot of that was he had to adjust to a new offensive scheme, a new blocking scheme, a new team enviornment and recover from injury at the same time, I think that since he is more accustomed to the team and the schemes and that he will actually be able to be on the field instead of watching all the time, Andrews will be much improved.

Also, Matt Mosley was at Eagles camp and I love everything that I'm hearing pretty much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/14692/observation-deck-eagles-otas

Stuff that I like most:
Former Florida standout Riley Cooper doesn't look like a fifth-round pick. He was plucking throws from Kolb no matter where he put them, and he and Hank Baskett had excellent days. I'm told, though, that Jeremy Maclin put on a show Monday. He's added some muscle to his lanky frame and people within the organization believe he's about to make a similar leap to what DeSean Jackson did in his second season.

Baskett was the MVP of today's session. He made several tough catches in traffic, including an acrobatic play along the sideline with three defensive backs in the area. Kolb simply threw it up high and Baskett made a play.

Speaking of Kolb, he's been remarkably sharp this week. He and Celek are close friends, and they've brought that chemistry to the field. He fired a pass down the middle of the field that Celek collected without ever having to break stride. There are going to be throws that Kolb doesn't make as well as Donovan McNabb, but he's showing excellent touch on passes in the middle of the field. And the fact that he's hitting his targets in stride will give them an opportunity to make plays. Kolb said he's never been a position before in which he had this many reliable targets. By the way, Jason Avant might be one of the most underrated players in the game. He catches everything, and he's capable of making the spectacular play as well.

The Eagles have made first-round pick Brandon Graham a highlight tape of some of the top defensive ends in the league who share his relatively small frame. He's become a big fan of Denver's Elvis Dumervil and he's trying to take some of his moves to the practice field. Graham already knows how to get leverage, but he's used to offensive tackles taking angles against him. He said it's been adjustment to face tackles who are dropping straight back. It's made it more difficult to turn the corner, so he's trying to refine his inside moves. Graham's calling his new move the "chop, dip and rip."

This is my first time to attend an Eagles practice when Donovan McNabb wasn't present. Very strange to look out there and see Kolb running the show with the first team. But he doesn't seem fazed by all the hoopla surrounding the trade. You can sense how much respect he has from his teammates as he walks around the facility. Some of the rookies actually seem a little nervous around him, which is a bit odd given his lack of experience. But he sort of has a swagger to him that suggests he's ready for this challenge.

I still have my doubts about Moise Fokou as a starter at linebacker, but he was excellent in coverage Tuesday. He raced down the center of the field and broke up a pass to Celek 25 yards from the line of scrimmage. It was a big-time play and defensive coordinator Sean McDermott was the first to rush over and congratulate him. Keep your eye on seventh-round pick Jamar Chaney out of Mississippi State. That's the one guy Roseman kept bringing up. The Eagles couldn't believe they were able to get him at that point in the draft. And so far, he looks like he belongs.

Go_Eagles77
06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Good stuff.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2010, 06:27 AM

Kolb is also elusive himself, you all k,now I disagree with Thumper as much as anyone, but in this case he is right. In his two starts, he saved Peters at least three times from giving up sacks, just on his ability to feel pressure. McNabb didn't feel pressure like Kolb did in those games, he relies on using his athletecism to get out of their grasp or get around them, but its once the defender is already breathing down his neck. Kolb is able to make slight movements with his feet before the defender is in position to get the sack or force the fumble. That one or two step shift is something that makes a huge difference, is able to keep the timing and rythm of the play the same, and allows Kolb the time to make the throw he needs. He uses the pocket as well as McNabb, just in a different way, this is a case where Thumper is right and you are flat out wrong, sorry dude.

Lets not forget Kolb's knack to make the accurate throw with a defender about to blow him up. He did this multiple times as well. This is a time where McNabb would use his feet or his ability to break a tackle to create space after he (hopefully) got by the defender. And if you think the Eagles O-line was dominant, or even close to it in either game Kolb started, you need to go back and watch those games, especially the Saints game. Against the Chiefs the Eagles' Line would win some battles, but also lost quite a few as well, and some of them Kolb was able to make plays anyway. Kolb had pressure in his face or around him almost the entire Saints game.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Personally I have a lot of faith in Mike McGlynn and Stacy Andrews, I think Andrews was garbage last year, but I think a lot of that was he had to adjust to a new offensive scheme, a new blocking scheme, a new team enviornment and recover from injury at the same time, I think that since he is more accustomed to the team and the schemes and that he will actually be able to be on the field instead of watching all the time, Andrews will be much improved.

Also, Matt Mosley was at Eagles camp and I love everything that I'm hearing pretty much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/14692/observation-deck-eagles-otas

Stuff that I like most:

Lots of good stuff there, though I don't have as much confidence in Andrews as you do, I do feel he will be better than the times he was in last season simply because he is healthy and has had a year to adjust to the system. It should be noted that the Eagles have signed Sapp now as well. They only have 7 of the draft picks to sign with 6 or so weeks until TC.

Sniper
06-09-2010, 08:38 AM

KOLB IS TEH GR8TIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rARRRRRRRRRRRR!

superman8456
06-09-2010, 09:16 AM
We will just have to wait until week one against the Green Bay Packers.

Thumper
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
KOLB IS TEH GR8TIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rARRRRRRRRRRRR!

Yep. ;) The GOAT already.

Go_Eagles77
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about this season. I don't expect a super bowl or even playoffs really but I think we might have the pieces in place for being a contender for another 5-7 years after this. Obviously this can only happen if Kolb can become a very good to great QB, which is a huge if. I have faith in him though. If he can become a top 10-15 QB in the league, we'll be set with the weapons we have around him.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about this season. I don't expect a super bowl or even playoffs really but I think we might have the pieces in place for being a contender for another 5-7 years after this. Obviously this can only happen if Kolb can become a very good to great QB, which is a huge if. I have faith in him though. If he can become a top 10-15 QB in the league, we'll be set with the weapons we have around him.

What I expect from this season is windows into the future. I don't expect a championship team, but I do expect a team that will show they can be a championship contending team in the future, which puts the team right at about 7-9 wins and contention for a wildcard spot.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
We will just have to wait until week one against the Green Bay Packers.

We could, but the fact remains he did a good job at being elusive in those two games, which will lead one to believe he will continue to do such things in the future. He doesn't have the great athletic tools McNabb had, or has, but he uses them to the max, and gets almost as much out of them as McNabb did with his, and in a way that should be better fit for the offense

frubulubu
06-09-2010, 11:54 PM
For the first time since minicamp, the Eagles practiced some of their spread option plays according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. And, of course, Michael Vick was involved.

The Eagles quarterback showed some rust, however. On one play, Vick took a direct snap and started to run up the middle. But just before he got to the line, he slipped and fell straight down.

Vick, who has spent the last month mostly under center learning the finer points of the Eagles' West Coast offense, said that returning to the "Spread Eagle" package didn't take much adjustment.

"It's not really odd," Vick said Tuesday at the NovaCare Complex. "This is my role and this is what I'm going to be doing pretty much the majority of the season. Who knows, the role could expand a little bit, but if this is what it's going to be, then I'm going to have fun doing it."

The Eagles have spent part of this week's workouts practicing against scout team versions of their NFC East opponents. On another spread option play, Vick was split wide, ran in motion toward Kevin Kolb, and took a pitch from the quarterback. Vick then circled back and elected to run up field.

While Vick's Wildcat role could remain the same as it was a year ago, it is different in the fact that he's now the backup as opposed to the third-string quarterback.

"I know I can run the offense if anything were to happen to Kevin," Vick said. "God forbid."

Thumper
06-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Jason Avant needs to play more. Steve Smith fills the safety valve role for the Giants, Jason Avant fills that role for the Eagles, now obviously Steve Smith has the better stats but he also had 99 less targets, Jason Avant had a higher YAC, Avant caught more of his targets and Jason Avant had a higher first down percentage as well. And when you give Avant as many targets as say, Mario Manningham, Avant would have had, 70 catches, 1,001 yards and 5 touchdowns last season.

Avant is so underused its ridiculous, he has glue on his hands, he make fantastic catches, he can make plays after the catch, he can take hits, he can give out hits, he can break tackles and he can make clutch catches. Honestly I really wish the Eagles would target him more because Avant is a stud, plus he is a beast run blocker.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcLHWB5qi38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcLHWB5qi38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Get. That. Man. The. Ball. NOW! BTW I love how he just shrugged off Laron Landry who was going for the knockout hit 2:25.

And I absolutely love what I'm hearing about Riley Cooper too, word is that he is snagging passes from everywhere and he reminds me of Jason Avant, a lot.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Jason Avant needs to play more. Steve Smith fills the safety valve role for the Giants, Jason Avant fills that role for the Eagles, now obviously Steve Smith has the better stats but he also had 99 less targets, Jason Avant had a higher YAC, Avant caught more of his targets and Jason Avant had a higher first down percentage as well. And when you give Avant as many targets as say, Mario Manningham, Avant would have had, 70 catches, 1,001 yards and 5 touchdowns last season.

Avant is so underused its ridiculous, he has glue on his hands, he make fantastic catches, he can make plays after the catch, he can take hits, he can give out hits, he can break tackles and he can make clutch catches. Honestly I really wish the Eagles would target him more because Avant is a stud, plus he is a beast run blocker.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcLHWB5qi38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcLHWB5qi38&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Get. That. Man. The. Ball. NOW! BTW I love how he just shrugged off Laron Landry who was going for the knockout hit 2:25.

And I absolutely love what I'm hearing about Riley Cooper too, word is that he is snagging passes from everywhere and he reminds me of Jason Avant, a lot.

Cooper will need to refine his routes before he gets mentioned with Avant, but he does have that knack for the clutch catch and also has very good hands. Avant really is a complete WR, the only thing he lacks is great speed. Cooper doesn't have that speed and doesn't have route running ability yet.

camp_eagles
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM
It would be nice to see Avant getting more balls but with all the weapons that this team has its going to be tough espically since I cant see the eagles having more attempts than last year. Hopefully that Kolb accuracy calls for more completed passes in less attempts. These last couple years with Desean, Avant, Maclin, Celek, really makes me feel spoiled after years of Pinkston, Mitchell, LJ, Brown, and Curtis I cant even imagine the team functioning with those guys anymore.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
It would be nice to see Avant getting more balls but with all the weapons that this team has its going to be tough espically since I cant see the eagles having more attempts than last year. Hopefully that Kolb accuracy calls for more completed passes in less attempts. These last couple years with Desean, Avant, Maclin, Celek, really makes me feel spoiled after years of Pinkston, Mitchell, LJ, Brown, and Curtis I cant even imagine the team functioning with those guys anymore.

I see Avant seeing more targets this year actually... Not much, but a few more. There are less options in the WR corp (Curtis and Brown) that took away some looks he got, and his game fits better with Kolb's abilities. As far as our top 3 WRS, its pretty obvious they are better than any of the ones of 3-6 years ago.

tenorx
06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Am i the only one worried a bit about Brandon Graham? I was expecting a bit more hype after OTAs. I really hope that he will work out, I like him as a person.

Go_Eagles77
06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Am i the only one worried a bit about Brandon Graham? I was expecting a bit more hype after OTAs. I really hope that he will work out, I like him as a person.
It's impossible to gauge how good a defensive lineman looks before pads go on. There is absoultely zero reason to worry about him right now.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2010, 12:26 PM
It's impossible to gauge how good a defensive lineman looks before pads go on. There is absoultely zero reason to worry about him right now.

Bingo, OTAs are just in shorts and maybe upper shells (helmet and shoulder pads), though most of the time its just in helmets. No linemen can shine during these drills, because they can't do what linemen do.

frubulubu
06-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Donovan McNabb has a reminder for some of the young Philadelphia Eagles: He's no longer going to be there to absorb the boos according to the Associated Press.

McNabb was back in the Philadelphia area Saturday hosting a football clinic for 320 kids as part of his ongoing charity work. The six-time Pro Bowl quarterback said he'll always have an attachment to the city where he played for 11 seasons before getting traded to the Washington Redskins in April.

"I've been here for a long time," McNabb said. "I feel like this is part of my home."

Though he was regular winner during his time with the Eagles, McNabb always drew his share of criticism. Now it's time for the team's next generation to see if they can handle the heat that comes with the praise.

"It not only happens with me. It happens with Peyton [Manning]. It happens with Tom [Brady]. It happens with everybody. When you're the older guy, everybody talks about you. When you win, everybody talks about you. When you lose, everybody talks about you.

"And some young guys always want to get the credit -- until they get in the shoes where they're the ones getting the criticism. Then all of a sudden, people don't like the criticism. I can handle that; some people can't. Until they get hit with that type of buzz, then they'll realize the shoes that I was in. But, from afar, everybody wants to be who you are."

McNabb did not name any of his former teammate but he could have been talking about Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, who in May told The Sporting News he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles to trade McNabb to the Redskins.

Jackson also said: "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone."

Sniper
06-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Link. Don't plagiarize.

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
My buddy and I got tickets to the Falcons game in Philly in October, pretty pumped. By then we should have an idea of what the team is going to do (or around that time), so it could be an important game against a team that has playoff potential, especially if they can work on the defense.

Thumper
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Frubulubu, your writing skills are very refined and proffessional...
You've done that a lot lately, link it please.

brat316
06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Link. Don't plagiarize.

Its from ESPN.

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
The Eagles signed two more rookies today, Kafka and Harbor, leaving Only Graham, Allen, DTN, and Riley Cooper as the remaining unsigned rookies. All of the rookies (I believe) so far have signed to 4 year contracts, is this a reflection of the new pieces in place in management, or the lack of pieces in the CBA? Or is it just a coicidence that I'm thinking too far into?

Sniper
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
you're writing skills are very refined and proffessional...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2Jyw6kO8x_c/S36Cy5CwIvI/AAAAAAAAA-k/uTrjBIKcJgQ/s320/IronyMeterSplode.jpg

Your, professional.

Your = possessive.
You're= You are.

Thumper
06-15-2010, 05:42 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2Jyw6kO8x_c/S36Cy5CwIvI/AAAAAAAAA-k/uTrjBIKcJgQ/s320/IronyMeterSplode.jpg

Your, professional.

Your = possessive.
You're= You are.

I know what your and you're mean, thanks though.

Sniper
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I know what your and you're mean, thanks though.

Obviously, you don't. If you did, you'd use them correctly.

frubulubu
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
To be honest I dont really know how to do all that fancy stuff...So I simply copy and paste. Sorry to bug you like this, but im not to computer savy. I'll quit if you prefer me to.

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
To be honest I dont really know how to do all that fancy stuff...So I simply copy and paste. Sorry to bug you like this, but im not to computer savy. I'll quit if you prefer me to.

All you have to do is say who wrote it, honestly. After that, I could give a crap. I could tell by the format it was from some news source, so I honestly don't care too much...

Thumper
06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Obviously, you don't. If you did, you'd use them correctly.

Yes I do, you're a piece of crap and here is your tampon that I know you needed. See?

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes I do, you're a piece of crap and here is your tampon that I know you needed. See?

Then why did you screw it up the first time?

Thumper
06-16-2010, 02:58 PM

It was a mistake. People need to chill out, I accidentally typed you're instead if your, it's not the end of the world.

cunningham06
06-16-2010, 02:59 PM

Because he did it on purpose because he's so much smarter than the rest of us who don't understand his complex thoughts.

Every once in a while you come across someone with a completely unsatisfactory personality. I believe that this is one of those times.

Sniper
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Oh noez gaiz! 15-year-old eaglesfan45 called me a piece of crap. How will I ever live?

Thumper
06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh noez gaiz! 15-year-old eaglesfan45 called me a piece of crap. How will I ever live?

I don't know how you could live with yourself, maybe you could shoot yourself to take away the pain?.. Actually, can you get on that?

Sniper
06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't know how you could live with yourself, maybe you could shoot yourself to take away the pain?.. Actually, can you get on that?

Jesus, kid. Come up with something somewhat humorous or creative. I know they don't teach that in 10th grade, but try to step it up a bit.

Thumper
06-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Jesus, kid. Come up with something somewhat humorous or creative. I know they don't teach that in 10th grade, but try to step it up a bit.

Why would I come up with something humorous when I could say something direct and to the point that encompasses exactly how I feel about you? Go play in traffic plz.

bsaza2358
06-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Is this what this thread has become? Good lord...

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
It was a mistake. People need to chill out, I accidentally typed you're instead if your, it's not the end of the world.

Then why didn't you just say that in the first place? HMMMMMM!?!?!?!?
http://blogs.chron.com/momhouston/hmm.jpg

Sniper
06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Then why didn't you just say that in the first place? HMMMMMM!?!?!?!?

Too busy mouthing Kolb's rod to pay attention to silly things like the English language.

I'd also like to point out that ef45/Thumper basically acknowledged that it's the same person.

Thumper
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Too busy mouthing Kolb's rod to pay attention to silly things like the English language.

I'd also like to point out that ef45/Thumper basically acknowledged that it's the same person.

http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/cool_story_bro2.jpg

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Nah, he's just flip flopping again. First he knew what he was talking about, now its a mistake...

And for easiness sake, I think we should now call him Thumper45.

Sniper
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3943867110_9ef023b497.jpg

When in doubt, you'll always be the one who got owned by T-New fan. That takes talent.

Sniper
06-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Nah, he's just flip flopping again. First he knew what he was talking about, now its a mistake...

And for easiness sake, I think we should now call him Thumper45.

He's quite the flipper-flopper. Hard to follow his stories with all the flippity-floppitiness going on. I suppose that's the norm for 15-year-olds.

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3943867110_9ef023b497.jpg

When in doubt, you'll always be the one who got owned by T-New fan. That takes talent.

Is it just me, or is that a mix between Kyle Orton and an Asian guy?

Thumper
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Sniper and EATW:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WCrIotSdkFA/SVvp0vMnHTI/AAAAAAAABDI/vlA4ebpkZwg/s320/tards

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Sniper and EATW:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WCrIotSdkFA/SVvp0vMnHTI/AAAAAAAABDI/vlA4ebpkZwg/s320/tards

He's waaaay to hot to be me, and I can't eat apples, so def not me.

Sniper
06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Sniper and EATW:

OH MAN! YOU GOT US SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

What a trickster.

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I do not appreciate you trying to kill me with apples Thumper45.

brat316
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Pineapples.

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Pineapples.

I can eat pineapples (weirdest name of any fruit, BTW), I'm just not a huge fan...

OK, some football stuff... The more I think about it, the more I think the battle for the third TE spot will be real tough. Both Rucker and Harbor are young athletic TEs who fit the Eagles offense well. I can see Rucker winning the battle, and the Eagles putting Harbor on the IR (I think they could do the same with Rucker if Harbor wins too, or maybe Rucker could be PSed). Either way, I see the final TE position being very close and will result in GREAT depth at the position, whoever wins. This of course all rides on Ingram staying healthy. If he were to have another season (and most likely career if it'd be the same knee) ending injury, the two would still be great depth behind Celek.

cunningham06
06-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Is it just me, or is that a mix between Kyle Orton and an Asian guy?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/187/4/2/O_Rry__by_FunnyOwl.jpg

Aren't enough pics in this thread.

eaglesalltheway
06-16-2010, 08:51 PM
DTN is signed now, didn't see the details yet (Edit: another 4 year deal), that leaved Graham, Allen, and Cooper. I wonder what is keeping Cooper's contract from being finalized...

bsaza2358
06-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I think the 3rd TE job will probably go to Rucker bc he's a better blocker. Celek is a pretty good blocker, but Ingram is still raw. They're going to need Rucker's skills for goalline stuff and perhaps for blocking on FG's/XP's. They can always PS Harbor. I could be surprised, though. I still trust this staff to put together the best team possible.

Go_Eagles77
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
The issue I have with Rucker is that he was on the team last year as the 3rd TE and couldn't see the field at all, even with Alex Smith as the #2. I know he has been in the system for a year longer but I think Clay Harbor still makes it over him because of his versatility to be a TE, FB, H-back, and possibly play special teams as well. Also bsaza I have to disagree with Rucker being the better blocker, ever since he was at Missouri his blocking has always been the biggest knock on him and while I'm sure he's improved, I still think Harbor has the upper hand there. He was one of the better blocking TEs in the draft. Also I doubt Harbor would last on the PS.
This is all assuming Ingram stays healthy and impresses enough to be the #2 TE.

bsaza2358
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
You make some interesting points. I also forgot that they invested a pretty valuable 4th round pick in a deep draft on the kid. They're not going to PS him. Though it is possible that they carry 4 TE's if all 4 impress...

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2010, 12:36 PM
You make some interesting points. I also forgot that they invested a pretty valuable 4th round pick in a deep draft on the kid. They're not going to PS him. Though it is possible that they carry 4 TE's if all 4 impress...

I doubt they carry 4 TEs. Like GE77, I doubt Harbor lasts more than 15 minutes on the practice squad. I also agree that Harbor is the better blocker (unless Rucker vastly improved since he last saw the field). I think it'll be close, and like I said I can see either winning, but I still give the edge to Harbor. I'm pretty sure Rucker would still be eligible to be IRed or PSed, so the team wouldn't need to keep 4 TEs no matter who would win.

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I had a dream last night that I was watching an Eagles/Cowboys game (the Cowboys in Silver, Eagles in Green), but it was the first game of the season (wouldn't be this year, haha). The Cowboys won the toss and got the ball first, and the first play Cole got past their LT (it wasn't Free) and was half off balance and ended up sacking Romo by the shoelaces. The next play was a pitch to Jones to the right side, and Chaney brought him down for a loss of two or three, but I remember watching the replay and thinking he maintianed perfect positioning. He was unblocked, but Bradley was shoulder to shoulder with him, and got blocked, but broke free. I remember thinking to myself (in the dream) that this was just how I would've wanted the season to start, with Cole making a play and Chaney being the first LB to get a tackle. Then I woke up, that was my dream. AWESOME right?

superman8456
06-20-2010, 04:59 PM
My Projected 53 Man Roster
Offense
QB: Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick, Mike Kafka
RB: LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Charles Scott
FB: Leonard Weaver
TE: Brent Celek, Cornelius Ingram, Clay Harbor
WR: DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Hank Baskett
LT: Jason Peters, King Dunlap
LG: Todd Herremans, Mike McGlynn
OC: Nick Cole, Dallas Reynolds
RG: Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles
RT: Winston Justice, Fenuki Tupou
Total = 25

Defense
LDE: Brandon Graham, Jaqua Parker, Darryl Tapp
RDE: Trent Cole, Ricky Sapp
LDT: Broderick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon
RDT: Mike Patterson, Jeff Owens
WLB: Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan
MLB: Stewart Bradley, Jamar Chaney, Omar Gaither
SLB: Moise Fokou, Keenan Clayton
LCB: Asante Samuel, Trevard Lindley
FS: Nate Allen, Quintin Demps
SS: Quintin Mikell, Kurt Coleman
RCB Joselio Hanson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris
Total = 25

Special Teams
K: David Akers
P: Sav Rocca
LS: Jon Dorenbos
Total = 3

Blue is for the rookies.
Red is for players on contract years.

Other Notes
Jamaal Jackson would be placed on the PUP list, which would allow him to come back mid-season, giving him ample time to heal.
Alex Hall and Daniel Te'o Nesheim would be IR'ed, along with Martin Rucker.
Eldra Buckley, Boo Robinson, Dimitri Patterson, Greg Isdaner, and AQ Shipley would all be placed on the practice squad.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 05:07 PM
No Daniel Te'O Neshiem?
No Alex Hall?

brat316
06-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Cooper over Avant, or are you just placing them there?

Also I thought Sapp was working at SLB?

BG, is probably going to be rotated in, with Parker and Tapp. With Parker starting.

The RCB group is just ? What is going to happen there?

Also who is going to be doing KR and PR this year?

superman8456
06-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Cooper over Avant, or are you just placing them there?
Random order.

Also I thought Sapp was working at SLB?
He didnt look good there and moved back to DE.

BG, is probably going to be rotated in, with Parker and Tapp. With Parker starting.
Once again, random order. I agree that Parker will be starting the season.

The RCB group is just ? What is going to happen there?
I'm positive it is there. Joselio Hanson, Macho Harris, and Ellis Hobbs.

Also who is going to be doing KR and PR this year?

I think that Quintin Demps will be doing all KR responsibilities and PR will be in the hands of DeSean Jackson.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Okay, I'll ask again, where is Daniel Te'O Neshiem?

Go_Eagles77
06-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Okay, I'll ask again, where is Daniel Te'O Neshiem?

Other Notes
Jamaal Jackson would be placed on the PUP list, which would allow him to come back mid-season, giving him ample time to heal.
Eldra Buckley, Boo Robinson, Dimitri Patterson, Greg Isdaner, and AQ Shipley would all be placed on the practice squad.

I think Sapp is far more likely to go on IR over a toothache than DTN is though.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I think Sapp is far more likely to go on IR over a toothache than DTN is though.

Thats new... Oh well...

I think that DTN, Sapp, Graham and Tapp all make it over Parker.

superman8456
06-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Thats new... Oh well...

I think that DTN, Sapp, Graham and Tapp all make it over Parker.

Why?

Parker just had a career year and is one of the few veterans left on this team. Considering Sapp lines up at the RDE spot as well, I dont see how Parker gets cut. I'm also under the impression that Alex Hall and DTN have been lining up from the RDE position, making up for quite the battle during training camp.

Go_Eagles77
06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I see Cole, Graham, Parker, DTN and Tapp all making the final roster with maybe Hall if they keep 6. I think Sapp is way too raw to make an impact this year and the eagles will see that.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I keep reading that Sapp looks really good at DE, but I guess that is because he is a freak athlete and there are no pads or contact... We'll see, I think Sapp has the makings of a really good situational defensive end.

And I don't know why we think Sapp is raw, if he was still playing SLB he would be raw but he is now moving back to his natural spot of defensive end that he played for 4 years at Clemson. Sure he doesn't have Trent Cole or Brandon Graham technique but it isn't like the guy is Bryan Smith.

And I think they all make it over Parker because they're all better than Parker. The only way I see Parker staying is if the Eagles keep 3 defensive ends. Remember that Parker wears down as the season rolls on and basically does nothing in the second half of the season, plus I think he is the biggest benificiary of lining up across from Cole and Bunkley and I think that Graham and Tapp would be just as effective rushing the passer (I think Graham would be more) and they would be a lot better against the run.

And DTN was drafted to replace Darren Howard, so I expect him to make the team, he is the back-up RE who slides inside on third downs.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2010, 08:24 PM
My Projected 53 Man Roster
Offense
QB: Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick, Mike Kafka
RB: LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Charles Scott
FB: Leonard Weaver
TE: Brent Celek, Cornelius Ingram, Clay Harbor
WR: DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Hank Baskett
LT: Jason Peters, King Dunlap
LG: Todd Herremans, Mike McGlynn
OC: Nick Cole, Dallas Reynolds
RG: Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles
RT: Winston Justice, Fenuki Tupou
Total = 25

Defense
LDE: Brandon Graham, Jaqua Parker, Darryl Tapp
RDE: Trent Cole, Ricky Sapp
LDT: Broderick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon
RDT: Mike Patterson, Jeff Owens
WLB: Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan
MLB: Stewart Bradley, Jamar Chaney, Omar Gaither
SLB: Moise Fokou, Keenan Clayton
LCB: Asante Samuel, Trevard Lindley
FS: Nate Allen, Quintin Demps
SS: Quintin Mikell, Kurt Coleman
RCB Joselio Hanson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris
Total = 25

Special Teams
K: David Akers
P: Sav Rocca
LS: Jon Dorenbos
Total = 3

Blue is for the rookies.
Red is for players on contract years.

Other Notes

I agree with pretty much of the offense (in terms of players making the final roster, not necessarily the depth, if that is what you are also doing), but I disagree with quite a bit on defense. In fact, my only difference in players making the final roster on offense is at Center, as I have heard Jamaal Jackson should be back for some time this season. Here is how I see the defense...

RE: Cole, DTN, Hall
DT: Bunk, Patterson, Dixon, Owens
SLB: Chaney, Fokou
CB: Samuel, Hanson, Harris, Hobbs, Lindley
FS: Allen, Demps

As it is I see Sapp and Clayton beign IRed, and if Owens wouldn't make it, he may be IRed too.

There is some fluidity, as Hall and Sapp could be switched, or I could see Owens not making the team, (which would mean Sapp or Hall would be at DE) and bring in another LB, most likely Gaither or Clayton. Clayton is not in any way a SLB though, he would strictly be a WLB or nickel LB brought in for coverage abilities.

cunningham06
06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I see Cole, Graham, Parker, DTN and Tapp all making the final roster with maybe Hall if they keep 6. I think Sapp is way too raw to make an impact this year and the eagles will see that.

Agreed, I think it's a VERY high possibility that Sapp is IR'ed. We'll see with Hall I just don't see him on the active roster, I expect either IR or cut.

Parker will absolutely be on the team this year. He will likely start the season and then move to his more natural role as a situational pass rusher when Graham (hopefully) supplants him as starter.

brat316
06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I keep reading that Sapp looks really good at DE, but I guess that is because he is a freak athlete and there are no pads or contact... We'll see, I think Sapp has the makings of a really good situational defensive end.

And I don't know why we think Sapp is raw, if he was still playing SLB he would be raw but he is now moving back to his natural spot of defensive end that he played for 4 years at Clemson. Sure he doesn't have Trent Cole or Brandon Graham technique but it isn't like the guy is Bryan Smith.

Yeah Sapp doesn't have the tech of a 1st round pick or a pro bowl vet. If he did he would have been a top 10 pick with his athleticism and technique,or if he has a little maybe 2nd round. He doesn't have any technique at all, other than run by the guy infront of him.

He played 4 years of just relying on his natural abilities, not to say he won't learn to pick it up, but that does mean he is raw. Just watch his highlights, not even regular game tape highlights, he runs by guys. Then when u watch other tape on him you see he gets taken out on run plays, he get over powered if the OT get his hands on him, and he has no moves. All which mean he is raw.

So he probably has the best chances to get IRed.

Also Parker wears down because he doesn't get rotated in and out as much because there was no one really behind him.

superman8456
06-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I simply don't see how Joe Mays makes the roster at all. He is. Player that has had his opportunities and sio ply didn't take advantage of them. I once thought he could develop into a solid MLB one day, but I just don't see the potential anymore. Especially considering that there will be some tough competition at MLB.

Thumper - you have to keep in mind that both Parker and Tapp both have the ability to slide inside on passing downs.

I find it to be a crapshoot as to who will make roster between Hall, Sapp, and DTN. IMO Sapp would be the best situational pass rusher, so he gets the nod over the others.

I have heard that Chaney has only seen snaps at WLB and MLB, so I don't know why he would be a SLB.

Clayton is one of my favorite rookies. I would agree that in a conventional 43, he wouldn't be an ideal fit at SLB, but we do not run a conventional 43. Big LBs go to waste in our defense. The new focus is on speed. Clayton is our second most athletic LB (behind Ernie Sims). He is good against the run and has the ability to absolutely lay the lumber, while providing great match ups for us in coverage. I'm going to compare this defense to the 2009 Colts defense. Using our LBs speed to our advantage.

If Jamaal Jackson gets placed on the PUP list, he can come back at any time during the 2010 season.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Daniel Te'O Neshiem is making the roster, he is a third round pick drafted specifically for the purpose of replacing one of the more effective veteran pass rushers, he is going to make the team simply because of the spot he was drafted in.

And Jaqua Parker NEVER slides inside, he took zero snaps at DT last season, he does not slide inside at all.

superman8456
06-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Daniel Te'O Neshiem is making the roster, he is a third round pick drafted specifically for the purpose of replacing one of the more effective veteran pass rushers, he is going to make the team simply because of the spot he was drafted in.

And Jaqua Parker NEVER slides inside, he took zero snaps at DT last season, he does not slide inside at all.

Just because a player is drafted high, he will still have to battle with Sapp and Hall to make the roster. Even if he does make the roster, it will still be an uphill battle for him to see any playing time. I don't see Cole coming off the field often. I haven't heard of him taking reps at LDE.

Parker has the ability to slide inside. Last season he wasn't called to do it because Abiramiri and Howard both slid inside last season.

Go_Eagles77
06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
DTN is straight up better than Sapp and Hall. That's why he was taken in the 3rd round in the first place. He is not only a better run stopper (that's not really debatable) but he's a better pass rusher as well. He is basically going to be in the same role Darren Howard played his time in Philly, which worked well enough for him to lead the team in sacks once or twice.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Just because a player is drafted high, he will still have to battle with Sapp and Hall to make the roster. Even if he does make the roster, it will still be an uphill battle for him to see any playing time. I don't see Cole coming off the field often. I haven't heard of him taking reps at LDE.

Parker has the ability to slide inside. Last season he wasn't called to do it because Abiramiri and Howard both slid inside last season.

Darren Howard didn't play LE, he was the back-up RE just like Te'O is now. And yes, he is in a battle with Sapp and Hall, however, DTN has a clear handicap due to the high pick the Eagles invested in him.

Parker doesn't have the ability to play inside, he gets mauled by right tackles, how do you think he'll stand up to offensive guards? And he didn't play because there were two guys at DE who could slide inside better and now you think he'll play it because there are now three guys who can do it better than Parker can (Graham, Tapp, DTN)? Okay. http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/75_75.gif

And Sniper, die in a fire, please.

Sniper
06-20-2010, 10:22 PM
And Sniper, die in a fire, please.

Thumper put his big boy pants on today.

Sniper
06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Darren Howard didn't play LE, he was the back-up RE just like Te'O is now. And yes, he is in a battle with Sapp and Hall, however, DTN has a clear handicap due to the high pick the Eagles invested in him.

You make it seem like he was a top-15 pick or something. He was a third-rounder. Big whoop. That's not a "high" pick. You remain an idiot.

Maybe when you turn 16, someone will infuse you with some brains.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe when you turn 16, someone will infuse you with some brains.

Whatever, keep working your medial job at a hotel where people treat you like the piece of crap you are you loser. You're a nobody and you try and compensate for it by acting like an internet tough guy. Sniper, I wish I was as cool as you are, working at a hotel, having no worth in the world and having a pessimistic and negative attitude. Man you're cool. Maybe one day, you'll wake up and actually be something other than a complete and total waste!

cunningham06
06-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Bryan Smith was a 3rd rounder too, good thing we kept him around because how "high" of a pick we made him... CJ Gaddis was a 5th rounder, how long did he last on the team?

As for Mays, I see a .5% chance of him making the team unless there are major injuries. He cannot handle being an NFL LB plain and simple. Good special teamer and practice body, but you simply don't keep an inadequate LB around just bc he's good on special teams. Gaither will make it over Mays every day of the week.

Thumper
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
You make it seem like he was a top-15 pick or something. He was a third-rounder. Big whoop. That's not a "high" pick. You remain an idiot.

Third round picks nearly always make the team.