PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Werowance
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
So the Eagles just lost Jamaal Jackson and Leonard Weaver for the season, Jackson has a torn bicep and Weaver with a torn ACL.

That is terrible, two very nice guys and they're very important to the Eagles. Eagles lose Jamaal Jackson for the second year in a row, its sad because he tried so hard to get back in time for the Packers game.

Go_Eagles77
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Are there any decent FA FBs out there?

Werowance
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Nope. I'm expecting the Eagles to get Charles Scott back off the Giants practice squad, he knows the system.

Go_Eagles77
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Nope. I'm expecting the Eagles to get Charles Scott back off the Giants practice squad, he knows the system.
Yeah I was thinking that as a possibility as well, or they could just promote Mills off of the PS since he's kind of a FB/TE hybrid. Although I don't know if he has much experience as a pure FB.

Sportsfan486
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Tough game today, guys. Sorry to see so many injuries, on both sides (although you guys obviously got the worst of it.)

Wondering if you don't turn to Vick now. I hate the guy but Kolb was beyond horrid when he was in, you guys wouldn't have scored a TD if he stayed in and Vick gives people fits.

cunningham06
09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Ugh terrible day, awful start to the season. I'd say let Vick keep playing.

tjsunstein
09-12-2010, 11:38 PM
The Packers are currently carrying three on the roster. Might be able to get either Korey Hall or Quinn Johnson in a trade.

Werowance
09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Leonard Weaver's career might be over after yesterdays knee injury, Andy Reid is hoping that isn't the case but says it is a "very severe" ACL tear. Thats a damn shame because it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, get well soon Weaver, hope to see you on the field in Eagles green at least one more time.

Go_Eagles77
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Leonard Weaver's career might be over after yesterdays knee injury, Andy Reid is hoping that isn't the case but says it is a "very severe" ACL tear. Thats a damn shame because it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, get well soon Weaver, hope to see you on the field in Eagles green at least one more time.
Yep, sucks big time. I wonder how EATW feels about this, Weaver's his favorite player.

The eagles are bringing in both Jason Davis and Owen Schmitt as possible replacements. Davis is an ok journeyman/stopgap but I think Schmitt has the ability to be a franchise FB which could be required for a couple years if Weaver's injury really is as serious as it looks. He's my #1 choice. Pretty sure he didn't stick with the seahawks because their offense doesn't require a pure FB.

Hurricanes25
09-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Jason Davis. The guy can play. He was just caught in between T-Rich and John Connor.

Go_Eagles77
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Jason Davis. The guy can play. He was just caught in between T-Rich and John Connor.
Like I mentioned in my above post, the eagles are bringing him in for a workout but he was on the eagles' PS for his first couple years and never really did much. If I recall correctly he lost the starting FB job to Dan Klecko of all people a few years ago. Now, I'm sure he's improved a bit since then so while he's a decent option, I'd still prefer Schmitt.

eaglesalltheway
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep, sucks big time. I wonder how EATW feels about this, Weaver's his favorite player.

The eagles are bringing in both Jason Davis and Owen Schmitt as possible replacements. Davis is an ok journeyman/stopgap but I think Schmitt has the ability to be a franchise FB which could be required for a couple years if Weaver's injury really is as serious as it looks. He's my #1 choice. Pretty sure he didn't stick with the seahawks because their offense doesn't require a pure FB.

Initially, I got a real bad heartburn like feeling, no joke. I've never felt a physiological change in my body watching someone else get hurt until yesterday. It really ******* sucks, I met him last year and this year and it is the same feeling when one of my best friends got his knee all tore up when we were sophomores and he was told he would never be able to play football again. I just hope he'll be able to play again, its obvious it's what he loves, and it sucks seeing someone who loves playing football so much not able to do it.

Go_Eagles77
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I felt the same way man, like a punch in the gut. Saddest part is, football aside, it couldn't have happen to a nicer guy. I remember watching his interview for PE.com live at TC and he just seemed so excited for the season, interacting with us fans. Just sucks.

Werowance
09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3464

Leonard Weaver suffered damage to "at least three ligaments in the injured knee, plus nerve damage," a source tells FOX's Adam Caplan.

Ouch.

eaglesalltheway
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Since I heard about that I've gotten more and more sick to my stomach. Might sound ***, but it breaks my heart and I'm hoping as hard as I can that he'll be ok.

brat316
09-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah EATW...had a major hard on all year for Weaver last year...which is now limp. That is just one of those horrible freak injuries, should have fallen backwards to prevent it, but its always fall forward. And the combo of shoulder pad, and not letting go of Weaver's foot and falling forward did that.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.sportsrubbish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/owen-schmitt-blood-helmet.jpg

Schmitt!

eaglesalltheway
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.sportsrubbish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/owen-schmitt-blood-helmet.jpg

Schmitt!

Well he's the one I wanted most. My favorite FB prospect of the last 4 drafts. He's a tough, nasty son of a *****. Davis may be more of a WCO FB, but Schmitt is the overall better option, especially as a blocker and on Special Teams.

Werowance
09-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Schmitt is psychotic, insane, violent and ruthless, I hate to sound too excited since Weaver just suffered a serious injury but I'm excited to see Schmitt, the guy broke 10 facemasks in college.

An excerpt from ESPN's top college workout freaks (Owen is #1 on the list, over Calvin Johnson):
Actually, freak doesn't seem to do the 6-foot-3, 255-pound junior justice. "He's a mutant," says Mike Barwis, WVU's loquacious strength coach. Schmitt is a helluva walk-on story. He's a former 1,000-yard tailback at Division III Wisconsin-River Falls who decided to see if he could play at a higher level. He shopped himself around, reportedly twice approaching Maryland, which finally said they had no use for him. Maybe the UnderArmour school should've at least offered to use him as the company's new pitchman.

Schmitt's outrageous in the weight room. He squats 650 pounds and hang cleans an unheard-of 480. Barwis reports that Schmitt did eight reps at 405 the other day, and "there ain't many people in America who can do it for one." Schmitt's increased power and explosiveness, which translates into a 4.57 40 and a 36-inch vertical, was evident in his 54-yard run in the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia. It was also evident in the two facemasks he bent last season. One of the facemasks sits on Rich Rodriguez' desk in Morgantown.

Get ready because this guy is easily the most physical player on the Eagles right now IMO.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Schmitt is psychotic, insane, violent and ruthless, I hate to sound too excited since Weaver just suffered a serious injury but I'm excited to see Schmitt, the guy broke 10 facemasks in college.

An excerpt from ESPN's top college workout freaks (Owen is #1 on the list, over Calvin Johnson):

Get ready because this guy is easily the most physical player on the Eagles right now IMO.

He and Sims are fighting for it, though I give the edge to Schmitt. I can't wait to have him out there bustin heads.

Werowance
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
He and Sims are fighting for it, though I give the edge to Schmitt. I can't wait to have him out there bustin heads.

See I feel the exact same way but I feel bad for being excited because of what just happened to Weaver, anyone else feel similarly?

Werowance
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Nate Allen and Brandon Graham looked studly against one of the best offenses in the NFL last week, Allen looked very good as a ballhawk and tackler who made his impact felt in crunch time with a game changing interception, a first down stopping tackle and a touchdown saving tackle, Allen looked really good. Brandon Graham had consistent pressure all game and he came close to getting Rodgers a couple times, he had multiple pressures and a clear impact on the game despite sharing LE duties with Parker and Barnes.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with Graham's debut. Obviously Parker beasting it early on cut into his playing time but I barely noticed him out there with the exception of a few plays.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
See I feel the exact same way but I feel bad for being excited because of what just happened to Weaver, anyone else feel similarly?

It does suck, and Weaver is my favorite player, but there is no sense dwelling on it now that its done with, the only thing we can hope for is Weaver will be able to recover fully, or as close to it as possible. So I feel the same way, but at the same time, we got to move on.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with Graham's debut. Obviously Parker beasting it early on cut into his playing time but I barely noticed him out there with the exception of a few plays.

I made a note to watch him, and it wasn't his best performance. He was doing a good job in his bull rush, and was able to drive his blocker back into Rodgers consistently. Give him time to settle in, and I do think he'll get at least one sack next week.

bsaza2358
09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
I think Graham suffered a bit from "rookie RB syndrome" in terms of trying to force things instead of doing things at the right time and place. Naturally, every pass rush attempt isn't going to result in a pressure or sack. Still, his motor was evident watching on TV at home. I think the kid will figure it out, but we have to give him time to work his way in and really get his rhythm down. His numbers will come over time.

Werowance
09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Today DeSean Jackson said that he is going to be paid in the next month on twitter.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Today DeSean Jackson said that he is going to be paid in the next month on twitter.

Good to see he (at least thinks) will be getting rewarded soon. I wouldn't want to lose him, he is one of the key pieces to what will make our young offense so potent.

frubulubu
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Going to the Eagles - Lions game today. Its my first game ever and I got front row tix. I got my Reggie White Jersey ready a few cold ones.

Go_Eagles77
09-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Congrats man, sounds like a good time. Hopefully the eagles put on a show.

frubulubu
09-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks man! I really look forward to having a blast and a big Eagles win.

LOltheLions?
09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Dear Philadelphia Eagles: Please go easy on my Detroit Lions. I know we suck and Vick is going to bend our defense over and have his way with them. But please make us think we have a chance to win this game. Thank you

- a miserable Lions fan

oh by the way my prediction:

Eagles 56
Lions- 3

Go_Eagles77
09-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Haha dude don't worry, this is going to be a close game. I'm picking the eagles but I'm not nearly as confident that my team is going to win as you seem to be.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Outside of the first Lions drive and a defensive breakdown on that screen pass this has been a great game for us. Granted it is against the Lions, but it's still nice to see the defense playing well. O-line's been pretty solid too given the circumstances and most of the pressure has come from blitzing corners. I'd still like to see a few more blitzes though. I can only hope Andy keeps going with Vick but I won't hold out much hope. I hope Graham's ok but Parker's been beasting so far so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

edit: And just as I start complementing the defense they march down the field and score on us.

Werowance
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
So basically LeSean McCoy owns life, in two games he has 23 carries, 155 yards, 4 TDs, 9 catches and 55 yards. Yep, he's a beast. He carried the Eagles to their win against the Lions and he was a focal point in the comeback against Green Bay, LeSean McCoy is showing up big time this season.

Sniper
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
So basically LeSean McCoy owns life, in two games he has 23 carries, 155 yards, 4 TDs, 9 catches and 55 yards. Yep, he's a beast. He carried the Eagles to their win against the Lions and he was a focal point in the comeback against Green Bay, LeSean McCoy is showing up big time this season.

It was the Lions. Simmer down. I'll be impressed when he breaks his first-ever tackle.

Werowance
09-19-2010, 05:48 PM
It was the Lions. Simmer down. I'll be impressed when he breaks his first-ever tackle.

Well then you must not have seen the 14 yard touchdown, the 4 yard touchdown or the 46 yard touchdown. He broke tackles and bounced off tackles on all of those plays.

Sniper
09-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Well then you must not have seen the 14 yard touchdown, the 4 yard touchdown or the 46 yard touchdown. He broke tackles and bounced off tackles on all of those plays.

http://sportstalktheticket.com/wp-content/uploads/new-lions-logo.jpg

Nice to have Thumper back.

brat316
09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
KOLB SUCKS....even after throwing for 40000 yards in his first 2 games, last year.

Sniper
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
KOLB SUCKS....even after throwing for 40000 yards in his first 2 games, last year.

Well, he does.

Werowance
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
http://sportstalktheticket.com/wp-content/uploads/new-lions-logo.jpg

So do broken tackles not count because they happened against the Lions? What about the ones he broke against the Packers? Do those not count either? McCoy is playing well, I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

Sniper
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
So do broken tackles not count because they happened against the Lions? What about the ones he broke against the Packers? Do those not count either? McCoy is playing well, I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

Well, no, they don't count. It's the Lions. He's just not a very good back. He's not particularily fast and doesn't break many tackles (yes, I used hyperbole earlier. Get over it.). Consider me a skeptic until he continuously puts up solid numbers.

P-L
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Congrats on the win guys. I was very excited to see Brandon Graham pick up his first career sack today.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree here. While I do agree that Mccoy hasn't shown much yet, I think a lot has to do with the fact that he hasn't had the opportunity to. Last year he was held back, partly due to the fact that he was stuck behind Westbrook, and partly due to the fact that Morningwheg refused to run the ball more than 15 times in a game. I was a big fan of Mccoy in college and I think today was his sort of coming out party. We're going to start seeing him break more runs and play a bigger part in this offense from now on as long as the o-line can play somewhat decent like they did today.

Werowance
09-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Lol the offensive line played somewhat decent? They gave up 6 sacks and had a TON of hits and pressures on Vick. Our offensive line is still garbage.

And guess what, the Eagles are tied for the division lead! Which is sort of good but sort of bad because that just shows how terrible the NFC East is this year.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Lol the offensive line played somewhat decent? They gave up 6 sacks and had a TON of hits and pressures on Vick. Our offensive line is still garbage.

And guess what, the Eagles are tied for the division lead! Which is sort of good but sort of bad because that just shows how terrible the NFC East is this year.

They played better than the stats dictate. A lot of the pressure and sacks came from the Lions blitzing almost every play once they figured out that's the only way to stop Vick.

edit: Just to make it clear, I'm not saying they played all world or anything, but given the circumstances they played pretty well, at least a lot better then what we saw in the preseason and in week 1.

eaglesalltheway
09-20-2010, 06:15 AM

Technically the Skins are leading because of their Division win, but I'll take it at this point.

Oh yeah, Sniper, IDK if you heard yet, but Emmaus beat Parkland Friday night. Excuse me while I take the rare opportunity to bask in this feeling, it doesn't happen often.

bsaza2358
09-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I am curious to see what the Eagles D can really do with Bradley in there for a full game. So far, the secondary has been average, and the team hasn't gotten enough pressure (due to poorer coverage) to really make a difference at this stage. I am worried about how other teams are going to pick them apart...

eaglesalltheway
09-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I am curious to see what the Eagles D can really do with Bradley in there for a full game. So far, the secondary has been average, and the team hasn't gotten enough pressure (due to poorer coverage) to really make a difference at this stage. I am worried about how other teams are going to pick them apart...

The defense seems inconsistent, which was a problem last year, they played great at times last week, but was shaky at times as well, same this week. I think with Bradley back, the defense should be more consistent and should overall be a better unit.

bsaza2358
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
That is the hope. Simms was mostly nonexistent yesterday, but it looks like Cole and Graham got some nice push. Allen made a few big plays, and Mikell is doing well. Asante did a pretty good job on Calvin bc you rarely heard his name.

bigbluedefense
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
How is Ernie Simms doing?

I thought that was a bad pickup, but then seeing him in action with Philly, I started thinking maybe he's gonna beast it with the Eagles.

So how's he doing? Good? Bad? In between?

eaglesalltheway
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
That is the hope. Simms was mostly nonexistent yesterday, but it looks like Cole and Graham got some nice push. Allen made a few big plays, and Mikell is doing well. Asante did a pretty good job on Calvin bc you rarely heard his name.

Overall the secondary is doing better than I expected, except for Hobbs. He has gotten beat consistently, but made the INT on a poor route or throw yesterday, so he is at least making up for a bit there, so maybe he is exceeding my expectations of him, but with how low my expectations were, that shouldn't be hard.

The DL is underachieving a little bit IMO, but give them a few weeks, especially if Graham is ok, which it seems is the case and they should mesh enough and do what I expected of them. I won't fully judge the LB corps bc Bradley has been out, but Sims has done ok, nothing special, and Jordan is doing a good job at SLB so far, not great.

bsaza2358
09-20-2010, 01:16 PM
When Bradley was in the game to hold a lot of things together against the Packers, Simms was a force. I think his assignments and responsibilities were more against Detroit because the D needed him to help out.

Go_Eagles77
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
According to Joique Bell's twitter, he's an eagle now. I love this move, he has to be better than the other Bell on the team.

Werowance
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
How is Ernie Simms doing?

I thought that was a bad pickup, but then seeing him in action with Philly, I started thinking maybe he's gonna beast it with the Eagles.

So how's he doing? Good? Bad? In between?

Sims is terrible, the guy might be the fastest defensive player for the Eagles but he is always out of position, he over pursues plays and he just plays stupidly. The guy is basically the reason why Jahvid Best ripped this defense, he always left cut back lanes and he over pursued which gave Jahvid Best extra space, something he doesn't need.

Werowance
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
According to Joique Bell's twitter, he's an eagle now. I love this move, he has to be better than the other Bell on the team.

Oh my goodness, I wanted that to happen badly because Joique Bell is a beast.

Sniper
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Sims is terrible.

I said the same thing before the season and was ripped for it. Told you guys OMGZ TEH 971 TACKLEZ was a useless stat.

bsaza2358
09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
I liked his downhill style playing in the Eagles attacking D. His skills set works for what the Eagles ask their WILL to do. At this point, it's about coaching better. He is still adjusting to the scheme. The guy is very talented, and I hope he can become the player the Eagles were looking for when they traded for him.

I'm not defending his play of late, but after 2 games, let's give him a bit of a break...

frubulubu
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Got to experience my first Eagles game and it was a doozy! I had front row seats behind the Eagles bench and the players really showed love for our support. There were so many Eagles fans and sat next to this hot gal who was dressed in Green. The fans in Detroit really were going hard on us but we got the final laugh at the end. Did anyone notice on that on the final Lions drive chants of "Defense"? Well we got that started...

Werowance
09-21-2010, 02:00 AM
So Domowhich said the cut for adding Bell to the active roster isn't a RB and the cut will be surprising. My guess would be Darryl Tapp or Moises Fokou. I say Tapp because Antwan Barnes and Brandon Graham have ousted Barnes and Laws has taken away Tapp's roles as a 3rd down DT, Tapp no longer has a place on the roster. Fokou because he isn't playing and he isn't playing well on special teams, maybe the Eagles want to get Keenan Clayton going since special teams play is so bad and covering tight ends is a problem.

camp_eagles
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Vick has been named the starter I think Thumper just committed suicide

superman8456
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Vick has been named the starter I think Thumper just committed suicide

I think its just a thing that we shouldn't rush Kolb back into action, even if he is capable of playing. There is no reason to rush him, we're in a rebuilding phase.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
People, Kolb sucks, get over it. He will never be the qb you all expect no matter how much development time he is given and no matter how many chances he gets. He just isn't good, period.

superman8456
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
People, Kolb sucks, get over it. He will never be the qb you all expect no matter how much development time he is given and no matter how many chances he gets. He just isn't good, period.

You saw him play some pre-season games and 2 quarters. You sound so ignorant not even being open-minded enough to see him out through the rest of this season. At the very least, let him get halfway through the season. What do we gain by throwing the towel in on him already? The franchise has no other option than to see this through.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I was never a fan and what I've seen so far gives me no indication he will ever amount to anything. Even when some young players struggle there are positive signs that lead you to believe they will one day be successful and I just don't see that with Kolb. He stares down his targets, his arm is overrated and he just doesn't have what it takes to make it as a starter in the NFL .We have another option anyways with Vick. Vick can still give us a solid 2-3 minimum of production and that's more than enough time to find a new young signal caller through the draft or somewhere else.

eaglesalltheway
09-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Its too early to give up on Kolb, and I don't think the team has either yet, but Vick has played well enough for me to understand and actually support the move for now. If Vick can continue to play to the level he has the last two games, or close to it, that is enough to warrant the move for me. I'm still a Kolb supporter, and actually agree with something Jim Rome said yesterday, and it went something along the lines of "If Kolb can't handle it and doesn't do well when he does get in, he was never the right guy in the first place."

The only problem I have with the move is going public and saying that Kolb is the starter, then taking it back less than two days later. Looks like we have another solid year of this debate of _____ vs. Kolb for next year. And boy, do I look forward to that!

Sniper
09-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Its too early to give up on Kolb

Four years is too early?

Todd, you're the man.

Werowance
09-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Chris Mortensen said that Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFC East and that he is considered a better coach than Belichick around the NFL. Lol wut?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/KAMBO24/PATRIOTSRINGS.jpg

I do believe that Andy is a fantastic coach who is amazing at finding, developing and putting players in positions to succeed and I think that he is an offensive genius who makes the Eagles go and that he is one of the best coaches in the NFL Tuesday to Saturday but in game he is not good with time management and making adjustments.

mellojello
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Its too early to give up on Kolb, and I don't think the team has either yet, but Vick has played well enough for me to understand and actually support the move for now. If Vick can continue to play to the level he has the last two games, or close to it, that is enough to warrant the move for me. I'm still a Kolb supporter, and actually agree with something Jim Rome said yesterday, and it went something along the lines of "If Kolb can't handle it and doesn't do well when he does get in, he was never the right guy in the first place."

The only problem I have with the move is going public and saying that Kolb is the starter, then taking it back less than two days later. Looks like we have another solid year of this debate of _____ vs. Kolb for next year. And boy, do I look forward to that!I think Philly may have a situation where you have two, very good QB's. I know Kolb hasn't looked particularly impressive, but all the public support he has received (Reid, Desean, Vick, etc.) leads me to belive he's not as bad as he's looked.

On another note, everyone faces adversity and how a person reacts to it is very telling. Not sure if you guys remember, but Rodgers handled the Farve questions like a seasoned pro - totally cool under pressure. This isn't nearly as big of a deal imo, so I'd be concerned if Kolb loses his cool because of this.

bsaza2358
09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm not necessarily sold on Vick yet. He hasn't faced any sort of test yet. A full game against the Lions is not an indicator of what he will do. This week on the road @ Jax and next week against the pressure fronts of the Skins will be much more telling. If he continues to complete almost 65% of his passes then, I'll be much more sold on Vick as the starter.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Bradley listed as probable this week!

bsaza2358
09-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Really looking forward to seeing the D with everyone healthy against an offense that can be beaten...

Werowance
09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh and to the person who said that LeSean McCoy needs to be more physical.

According to PFF LeSean McCoy is averaging the most yards after contact in the NFL (5.1 yards after contact).

Sniper
09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Oh and to the person who said that LeSean McCoy needs to be more physical.

According to PFF LeSean McCoy is averaging the most yards after contact in the NFL (5.1 yards after contact).

You're really not a fan of the whole "level of competition" thing, are you? First, it was you slobbering all over Kolb because he threw for a lot of yards against bottom-10 secondaries. Now, LeSean McCoy is a god because he tore up the Lions. Level of competition...factor it in.

ironman4579
09-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I liked his downhill style playing in the Eagles attacking D. His skills set works for what the Eagles ask their WILL to do. At this point, it's about coaching better. He is still adjusting to the scheme. The guy is very talented, and I hope he can become the player the Eagles were looking for when they traded for him.

I'm not defending his play of late, but after 2 games, let's give him a bit of a break...

Just pointing this out, but he did the exact things with the Lions. I think when he's doing the exact same things for you guys that made him a terrible LB for the Lions his entire career, it's a pretty good bet that's just what he is. At this point, it's not a coaching issue, it's an Ernie Sims issue.

Werowance
09-25-2010, 01:10 PM
You're really not a fan of the whole "level of competition" thing, are you? First, it was you slobbering all over Kolb because he threw for a lot of yards against bottom-10 secondaries. Now, LeSean McCoy is a god because he tore up the Lions. Level of competition...factor it in.

A. This is the NFL, the competition is still top notch even against poor teams
B. So getting yards after contact against the Lions is different than getting yards after contact against the Packers? Last time I checked a broken tackle is a broken tackle no matter who you play
C. Are you going to comletely disregard his performance against the Packers as well? He broke tackles and got yards after contact there too.

And please, prove that. Get a mod to check IP Addresses, do something to try and prove that I'm who you say I am. Quit throwing around accusations that you can't prove.

Sniper
09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
And please, prove that. Get a mod to check IP Addresses, do something to try and prove that I'm who you say I am. Quit throwing around accusations that you can't prove.

Yeah, IP addresses always work. It's not like you can use a different computer or anything. If it's not you, why are you getting so worked up over someone calling you Thumper?

I'm sorry that your God sucks, Thumper. I really am. To think, you spent the entire summer re-posting the exact same argument over and over again, only to watch your boy look like dog **** when the season started. That's got to be heartbreaking.

Werowance
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah, IP addresses always work. It's not like you can use a different computer or anything. If it's not you, why are you getting so worked up over someone calling you Thumper?

Hmmm I don't know, maybe because people keep calling me that and instead of replying or taking what I say seriously they call me that, and it isn't funny because I've gotten two red comments thanks to you calling me that.

Sniper
09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Hmmm I don't know, maybe because people keep calling me that and instead of replying or taking what I say seriously they call me that, and it isn't funny because I've gotten two red comments thanks to you calling me that.

You're butthurt from rep? I can give you more red comments if you want.

Werowance
09-25-2010, 02:54 PM
You're butthurt from rep? I can give you more red comments if you want.

Well I don't really like getting them for something I'm not... If I actually said something completely ignorant or stupid then I would expect it but not because someone is accusing me of being something I'm not.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I think it's safe to say o-line has surpassed cb as our biggest need.

superman8456
09-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Darryl Tapp has looked like a good acquisition today.

The Unseen
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Good game. Vick is the ****.

Werowance
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
The Eagles are atop the NFC East standings and are the only team with a winning record.

BamaFalcon59
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Eagles have always been one of my favorite teams to watch, and Vick has taken that to another level with me being a fan of his.

Pretty astounding to watch him play, and the numbers may have looked even better if not for some drops.

Werowance
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Trevor Laws better start over Mike Patterson next week, Mike Patterson was good last year but he doesn't look good at all this season, he isn't even playing well against the run. Trevor Laws had 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 passes defended, 1 official sack and 1 tackle of Garrard for a loss on what looked like a sack but wasn't counted as one. Trevor Laws has been playing well this season IMO and today he played the best game of his NFL career, start Laws.

superman8456
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
The Eagles are atop the NFC East standings and are the only team with a winning record.

Our wins have come against the Lions and Jaguars. We've yet to see the hard part of our schedule.

Werowance
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Our wins have come against the Lions and Jaguars. We've yet to see the hard part of our schedule.

Same goes for most of the other teams too, its not like their schedules get any easier.

The Giants still have to face the Bears, Texans, Vikings, Packers, Eagles (2x), Redskins (2x) and Cowboys (2x). Their schedule is still plenty hard.

The Cowboys still have to face Titans, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Colts, Giants (2x), Eagles (2x) and Redskins. Their schedule doesn't let up either.

The Redskins still have to face the Packers, Colts, Bears, Titans, Vikings, Eagles (2x), Giants (2x) and Cowboys. Their schedule stays consistently difficult.

The Eagles have an early leg up on the rest of the division which is good, I'll take a win no matter who the Eagles play and that 1 game lead the Eagles have right now will come in handy when the Eagles actually run into the harder part of that schedule.

Sniper
09-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Vick is sickkkkkk.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Eagles look like a legit SB contender with Vick. What's up with the pass rush though? It's not nearly as good as I thought, plus McDermot doesn't blitz. What's up with that?

Sniper
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Eagles look like a legit SB contender with Vick. What's up with the pass rush though? It's not nearly as good as I thought, plus McDermot doesn't blitz. What's up with that?

I ******* despise the Brandon Graham at DT on passing downs thing. It's stupid. The guy's got great quickness and good speed and they're wasting it at DT. Put him on the edge and let him smash.

The Eagles have pretty mediocre DBs and their LBs can't cover anyone, so that's probably why McDermott doesn't blitz.

Go_Eagles77
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Not sure why you think that, the eagles are tied with Detroit for the lead league in sacks right now with 11, though the Packers will probably surpass them tonight.

On the other hand they're also leading the league in sacks allowed, with 14.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Stats are deceiving. You played the Packers, Lions, and Jaguars. They all have mediocre to downright awful olines.

I didn't even notice Graham at DT. That's idiotic.

Sims and Bradley can cover right?

Sniper
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
I didn't even notice Graham at DT. That's idiotic.

Very, very much so. I hate it so much. It's just a way to get the top three pass rushers on the field, but it sucks. Put Graham at rush backer on passing downs if you want to get creative.

Sims and Bradley can cover right?

Sims is awful. Bradley's okay, not great. He's at his best flowing downhill.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Graham is built to rush that edge. He has no business going inside on passing downs.

McDermot as a whole hasn't nearly been as aggressive as JJ used to be. I wonder if its bc of his personnel or maybe he just prefers less blitzing.

bsaza2358
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
McDermott learned from JJ, but he's not the same guy. I would be very curious to see what JJ would have done with this D, but I have nowhere near the expertise to say for sure. McDermott is young and creative. He and his staff probably saw something on tape and decided to try this out as a special package. At the very least, this alignment will create some extra prep work for the Redskins and other opponents.

Werowance
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Vick was named the NFC's offensive player of the month
Nate Allen was named the NFL's defensive rookie of the month

Oh and Trevor Laws upon review was given sack #2, which means that in one game he has the same amount of sacks than Mike Patterson has had since the start of the 2008 season. Bench Mike Patterson.

Werowance
09-30-2010, 05:46 PM
If Jack Del-Rio gets canned I really really really hope the Eagles bring him in as the linebackers coach, he is a horrible head coach but the man can coach some linebackers that is for sure. Del-Rio has worked with Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, Jaime Sharper, Adalius Thomas, Edgerton Hartwell, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Akin Ayodele, Danny Clark, Mike Peterson, Daryl Smith, Clint Ingram and Justin Durant are just a few notable players that have had success under Jack Del-Rio or have been developed by Del-Rio. Plus he certainly fits the new direction of the Eagles defense which is more coverage based rather than pressure based.

frubulubu
09-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Its good to have you back Thumper!

Werowance
10-01-2010, 05:00 AM

Welcome to my ignore list! I can't really prove anything since the mods won't check the IP addresses and you still probably wouldn't believe me. Plus, if I get too defensive you guys are like "thou dost protest too much". So really I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove yourselves right. I would appreciate it if you people would stop but from what I can tell you people won't. Really its a lose lose situation for me and I don't want to get stuck going through the same tired arguments over and over again, so if you accuse me I put you on my ignore list because you aren't worth my time.

Sniper
10-01-2010, 07:00 AM

http://www.innocentenglish.com/funny-pics/lolcats/cat-hiding-in-paper-bag.jpg

That's going to be one hell of a lengthy ignore list. You shouldn't ignore people just because they figured out who you are, ef45/Thumper.

frubulubu
10-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Welcome to my ignore list! I can't really prove anything since the mods won't check the IP addresses and you still probably wouldn't believe me. Plus, if I get too defensive you guys are like "thou dost protest too much". So really I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove yourselves right. I would appreciate it if you people would stop but from what I can tell you people won't. Really its a lose lose situation for me and I don't want to get stuck going through the same tired arguments over and over again, so if you accuse me I put you on my ignore list because you aren't worth my time.

Kolb's concussion affect you too?

bsaza2358
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Let's keep things focused on the Eagles, please!

camp_eagles
10-01-2010, 03:10 PM
What do you guys think will happen when Abiamiri gets off the PUP list? I thought that Tapp would get cut but he showed up big last week. Now Im thinking that they should put DTN on the IR and Dress Abiamiri until he gets hurt in another 3 weeks(I hope not).

bsaza2358
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
They can just inactivate DTN and keep him off the active roster, then activate Abiamiri for game days. Or maybe Abiamiri just doesn't cut it and get cut. Either way, the DLine is playing pretty well right now. Hard to argue for mixing things up.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Where has Celek been this year? It's not like Vick wasn't throwing to Crumpler a ton in ATL, so if he not looking his way, does Celek look worse this year, I felt he was one of the better TE's in the league so I'm a bit surprised the production hasn't came yet.

brat316
10-01-2010, 07:42 PM
He has to stay in and block, with the line being so bad.

Go_Eagles77
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Vick really didn't have a choice but to throw to Crumpler in Atlanta. With all the weapons he has now he is definitely throwing down field and to the perimeter way more than he ever did before.

vikes_28
10-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure I really understand the McNabb hate in Philly. Didn't they trade McNabb cause they didn't want Washington to draft Bradford?

bsaza2358
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I was saying all week that this game was a tough one, and there you go. Vick looked kind of bad early, then got hurt. Kolb was mediocre at best. Even had a chance to win the game (good throw by Kevin, btw), and Avant can't haul it in... Bah!

yourfavestoner
10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Vick needs to be ok. My fantasy football future depends on it.

I feel semi-responsible for this. I think the football gods did this to me for cheering for Vick last week instead of Jacksonville.

bsaza2358
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Vick will probably be okay, but not for this week. No way he's travelling cross country with cracked ribs. He's out at least 1 game.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
X-rays were negative.

yourfavestoner
10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
X-rays were negative.

That's good. Hopefully he doesn't have any soft tissue damage other than some bruising.

And I hope that hit doesn't make him gun shy the rest of the year. Don't think it will, but you never know.

bsaza2358
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Vick has torn cartilage and is "day to day". I wouldn't expect him to play @ SF this week. Can't say whether he'll change his style either way.

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Great news. And for the eagles' season's sake, I do hope it makes him a little bit (not too much) more gunshy because I don't want him to get injured again. He can still run, but rather than diving between two defenders he can slide next time. haha

Edit: Apparently LeSean McCoy is hurt too and will probably be out longer than Vick, I had no idea he was even hurt. That hurts big time with Mike Bell being our primary runner right now.

bsaza2358
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
McCoy broke a rib in the game and stayed and played. Probably didn't even feel it until after the game. I haven't heard anything about Shady's availability or lack thereof...

Todd Bertuzzi
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
What's Asante's status? Our guys are just dropping like flies this year, but what else is new I guess....sigh

bsaza2358
10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Asante and Cooper have "mild" concussions. Reid said they weren't as bad as Kolb/Bradley.

ShyneQuasiOG22
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
McCoy broke a rib in the game and stayed and played. Probably didn't even feel it until after the game. I haven't heard anything about Shady's availability or lack thereof...

According to ESPN bottom line the Eagles contacted the Bills about Marshawn Lynch. I think he would be a great addition to the backfield to go along with McCoy.

Go_Eagles77
10-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I also heard the bills wanted a 3rd and the eagles said no thanks.

Edit: Actually, he was just traded to Seattle for a 4th.

yourfavestoner
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Mike Bell should be a good fantasy pickup, si?

bigbluedefense
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM

I'm trying to get Danny Woodhead and Mike Bell. I got Torain off the waiver before last week, and now I see Portis is out this week and Torain had a nice fantasy game so I'm glad I got him one week in advance of that, so I'm like ka-ching! haha.

brat316
10-05-2010, 08:13 PM

He has been horrible.

Go_Eagles77
10-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I can see Bell surprising some people and playing decent. He seems like one of those backs that gets better the more times you give him the ball.

bsaza2358
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Bell should be servicable, but the problem for him is that the place to attack the 49ers with the run is to the edges. Stretch plays, off tackle, traps. Bell is better pounding the middle, which is the strength of the 49ers D...

Todd Bertuzzi
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/15920090926027LSUatMississippiState.jpg

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=532&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=2867596

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/08/large_rodneyhudson.JPG

I want one of these guys.

...that or Akamura

superman8456
10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Bunk is out for the year it looks like...

brat316
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
stay away from FSU players.

I think in recent Timmons is the only good FSU player to come out. And I was ready to label him a bust, he finally is doing good.

yourfavestoner
10-12-2010, 07:56 PM
What's the word on my boy MVP7?

Go_Eagles77
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Day to day. Your guess is as good as mine, or even his.

bsaza2358
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Bunkley has had a really nice career for the Eagles. He has been very stout against the run and takes up blockers when pass rushing. He is every bit as much an impact player as Timmons, but he doesn't get the pub because DT isn't as glamorous. Losing him will be a big loss...

bsaza2358
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I think the Eagles will stick with Kolb this week. Vick might feel better, but there's no reason to risk it right now. He will want to go, but the team would probably be best off not pushing the envelope. The "day to day" label is to force the Falcons to gameplan for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes off as "questionable" for this game now, then is ruled out on Friday.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Nice trade for you guys. Harrison has a lot more upside than Mike Bell.

bsaza2358
10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Harrison give the Eagles more of the same as McCoy insurance. Also drop $1.7mm in salary. Another good thing about the trade is that Harrison has already faced ATL, so they have some extra knowledge in terms of game planning/film study and such.

brat316
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I think he is a bit better than Bell, but that constant nagging injuries makes him more or so his equal. If he can play through those small injuries he will be a better back then Bell was for the Eagles.

Though thats not hard to do, since Bell did nothing.

Go_Eagles77
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
The more I think about it the more I like the trade, I posted my assessment in the other thread:

Mike Bell was way too slow to do anything in our offense, similarly to the way Tony Hunt and Charles Scott were among others. If you can't get to the hole in time, you'll get swallowed up in the backfield. Hell even Leonard Weaver hits the hole faster. That's why I think Harrison is a much better fit for the eagles, he actually has better straight line speed than McCoy, though he's not as quick. Bell will probably put up much better stats in Cleveland's power running scheme as well. That's why this looks like a win/win type deal for both teams.
All these years eagles fans have been crying for a power back, and this might be the reason they never got one, -- they suck in this offense. But then I don't know why the picked up Bell in the first place.

bigbluedefense
10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
That trade was a steal. It was a player for player swap, and the Eagles easily got the more talented player.

bsaza2358
10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I definitely like the fit and the price tag and the addition by subtraction. Bell just never fit what the Eagles like to do. Mediocre signing, I think.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm happy with the Harrison trade, mostly because Bell was approaching my Ellis Hobbs' level of hate. But he's a younger option as well, fits better, and doesn't have quite the injury problems, IIRC. There are reports both have work ethic issues, so it may be a wash there.

And I'm going to the falcons game tomorrow. Tailgating as early as possible and then what I think will be a good game. I just hope they can pull out a win.

D-Unit
10-16-2010, 12:05 PM
PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

Go_Eagles77
10-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I sent a PM. Anyone wanna co-gm with me?

Go_Eagles77
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Kinda pointless but I thought this was cool. Pictures of LeSean McCoy at eagles Training Camp 5 or so years ago haha.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5264/60911219.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7940/dkiq.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1222/ucbx.jpg

brat316
10-16-2010, 10:38 PM
McNabb skinny...that was wow.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Mornhinwheg takes a lot of heat but he has called a great game today.

...and yes I will admit it, Kolb has not looked absolutely terrible.

Sniper
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Mornhinwheg takes a lot of heat but he has called a great game today.

...and yes I will admit it, Kolb has not looked absolutely terrible.

+1. He looked good.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I also think it's about time you eat crow on McCoy Sniper :D

Sniper
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I also think it's about time you eat crow on McCoy Sniper :D

21 carries, 64 yards (long of 9). 4 catches, 21 yards. He averaged 3.4 yards per touch. You were saying?

superman8456
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
21 carries, 64 yards (long of 9). 4 catches, 21 yards. He averaged 3.4 yards per touch. You were saying?

I think you should look outside the statline for today's performance. I didn't believe McCoy was going to amount to much, but I've been thoroughly impressed with him this season.

Defensively, this has been our best showing all season. Stewart Bradley looked great today. Asante Samuel was all over the place as well, but then again I have a bias for him because he's my favorite corner. Darryl Tapp has looked like a solid contributor the past two weeks.

I like this Chad Hall guy as a all-purpose player. He can play RB, WR, KR, and PR.

Edit: I hope DeSean is OK.

eaglesalltheway
10-18-2010, 06:37 AM
The game yesterday was pretty crazy, just about everything you could ask for in your first game, except for DeSean getting injured, that was one of those hits that you knew was bad before either player hit the ground. I hope he is OK, that was a viscous hit.

But this was as good of a performance as you could ask for from the team, they played great against a top rushing attack without their best run stuffer, and kept the receiving weapons from becoming unmanageable. (Except for Hobbs of course, but we're all used to his high level of suck) The offense showed an ability to run and throw the ball with Kolb, and with his performances over the past two weeks, he has renewed my confidence in him, if any doubt had sunk in. They showed a willingness to run, and ability to execute it. We saw big plays and solid drives. The coaches did well, and both sides of the ball did well, the only sore spot of the game was Akers missed FGs. But except for that, special teams did well, with good returning and good coverage on both punts and kickoff.

A few things to comment on, for those of you that haven't been to a game. There are a lot of jackass fans, but it isn't as bad as the media makes it seem (surprise surprise), but I had known that from when I was at a preseason game last year. Many of the secotions in the stadium have their own little "wars" with eachother about how loud they can cheer. Our section, 207, which was upper level and on the Eagles' side of the gap in the stadium with the walkway where people stand would go back and forth with the section across the gap with who could cheer louder, and I could hear a couple other sections at other spots in the stadium doing it as well. The energy of the stadium is incredible, the only time I've heard anything like it was at a Phils/Mets game this year when the Phils put up 8 or so runs in an inning.

It was a great experience, and I will be trying to go to another game ASAP. If you haven't been to at least one already, you have to go, its an experience you don't want to miss.

brat316
10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
What you guys think about Jackson getting hit. Other than leading with his helmet i thought it was clean I don't know why he got flagged. The face mask hitting on the helmet is what looks to have caused the concussion.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I felt like it was a clean hit with an unfortunate result. He missed the chest by a few inches. The head hit the chest first, and then up into the helmet. Was a vicious blow, but it's part of the game. The throw is a little bit on Kolb for hanging him out to dry. I don't have any big problem with Robinson's play.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
One thing I am curious about is how we are reacting to Kevin Kolb's play over the last 2 games. He has been taking shots, being accurate, and hitting guys in stride. I think he still struggles under pressure and making reads, but he's coming along nicely.

Given the level of his play and Vick's play, what are the Eagles going to do this offseason? Trade Kolb and run with Vick? Let Vick leave via FA and run with Kolb?

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
I have to say, Kolb is playing better than I thought. I still see things that I think will eventually get exploited, but at the very least he's become excellent trade bait.

This is a tough call. Do you trade Vick (who is over 30 afterall) and go with the younger guy and hope he continues to develop? Or do you ride with Vick long term, who imo, is the better player.

Regardless, it seems like whoever is traded this offseason will land the Eagles a 1st round draft pick. Unless Kolb wets the bed against the Titans.

yourfavestoner
10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
One thing I am curious about is how we are reacting to Kevin Kolb's play over the last 2 games. He has been taking shots, being accurate, and hitting guys in stride. I think he still struggles under pressure and making reads, but he's coming along nicely.

Given the level of his play and Vick's play, what are the Eagles going to do this offseason? Trade Kolb and run with Vick? Let Vick leave via FA and run with Kolb?

If Kolb plays well this next week, I fear Reid will just be like "well, we showcased Vick enough to rape some team in a trade for him" and will go with Kolb for the rest of the season.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
The problem with the Vick situation is that the Eagles don't control his rights. Kolb is under contract for 2011. The Eagles essentially have to franchise Vick, then trade him or do the equivalent of a sign and trade. Either way, they have to make a move at some point. Both guys are looking pretty good right now. It's almost difficult to justify Kolb hitting the bench after the bye week.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:45 AM
The problem with the Vick situation is that the Eagles don't control his rights. Kolb is under contract for 2011. The Eagles essentially have to franchise Vick, then trade him or do the equivalent of a sign and trade. Either way, they have to make a move at some point. Both guys are looking pretty good right now. It's almost difficult to justify Kolb hitting the bench after the bye week.

I'm almost positive that if they decide they will move forward with Kolb, they will absolutely franchise Vick and then trade him to the highest bidder.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
This past week's game against the Falcons surprised the hell out of me. Reid, Marty, and McDermott completely outcoached Mike Smith and his staff. The Falcons got pretty much worked at every phase of the game. Imagine what would have happened if Akers could make a kick or if DeSean hadn't gotten injured?

I know Reid is capable of getting that kind of gameplan in place, but to be able to execute it perfectly in the first half, then make the right adjustments in the second half? Surprising to me. I thought the Eagles were a 9-7 team at best that couldn't beat good teams. This means that the Eagles are better than I thought or that the Falcons are just not that good. Could be a combination of the 2.

Go_Eagles77
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
This is the Kevin Kolb I expected when the eagles anointed him the starter. I've had faith in him all along, but his play against Green Bay/Washington had/has me a bit wary, I'm still not sure what we have in him. That being said I really can't see the eagles picking Vick over Kolb long term for several reasons.

1. The most obvious reason - Kolb is 4 years younger than Vick.
2. Kolb is Andy's guy, he drafted him and groomed him since he was a rookie.
3. Kolb currently has the longer deal.

One interesting thing to note is, both QBs are 2-1 as starters and both losses came when the starter went down early on and they had to completely change game plans.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm almost positive that if they decide they will move forward with Kolb, they will absolutely franchise Vick and then trade him to the highest bidder.

Okay, who is going to need a QB?

Washington hasn't locked McNabb up yet, so they're conceivably in play.
Arizona might or might not want to roll with Max Hall.
Minnesota is in play, but might want McNabb.
Cleveland is a possibility with a new coach coming in.
Buffalo is likely to go QB in the first round.
Cincinatti is in a pretty ugly situation.
Seattle might want to move away from Hasselbeck due to age.
Oakland is always a possibility.
KC invested a lot in Cassel, but he does not look like a Super Bowl QB on a team that will be a threat next year.
Jacksonville, though I see them going QB in Round 1 under their new coaching regime.
Carolina invested in Jimmy Clausen, but new coach coming in.

That is a pretty long list. Do you really think Vick will fetch an early first round pick? I would see it more likely that the Eagles get a second rounder and a future second in this case. Still a nice haul for a free investment.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 10:57 AM

KC invested a lot in Cassel, but he does not look like a Super Bowl QB on a team that will be a threat next year.
Jacksonville, though I see them going QB in Round 1 under their new coaching regime.

That is a pretty long list. Do you really think Vick will fetch an early first round pick? I would see it more likely that the Eagles get a second rounder and a future second in this case. Still a nice haul for a free investment.

I think Vick lands a mid 1st, or potentially a 2nd this year and a 1st the following year, something along those lines.

I think Seattle, Arizona, Minny, Cleveland, and Cinncy are legit guys in play. I think Buffalo drafts someone, I see Jacksonville drafting someone, Washington will not let McNabb go, Oakland doesn't have the chips in play to make a trade, and KC probably won't make a trade bc Cassel is Pioli's guy.

As odd as it sounds, I think Kolb would probably sell for more bc he's younger and has no baggage.

Go_Eagles77
10-19-2010, 10:58 AM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day and came to the conclusion that I'll be very surprised if Minnesota doesn't go after Vick in the offseason. There's no way in hell Favre comes back next year and the vikings don't have a QB of the future (Tarvaris Jackson doesn't count). They wouldn't have to adapt him to a new offense too much and they have shown that they don't mind going with veterans at the position. He would also make Adrian Peterson that much better by providing that perimeter threat. I could go on and on.

bsaza2358
10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
I think Vick lands a mid 1st, or potentially a 2nd this year and a 1st the following year, something along those lines.

I think Seattle, Arizona, Minny, Cleveland, and Cinncy are legit guys in play. I think Buffalo drafts someone, I see Jacksonville drafting someone, Washington will not let McNabb go, Oakland doesn't have the chips in play to make a trade, and KC probably won't make a trade bc Cassel is Pioli's guy.

As odd as it sounds, I think Kolb would probably sell for more bc he's younger and has no baggage.

I agree that Kolb would sell for more. No question. Given the youth and perceived upside, he could definitely get a first this year. I just can't see Cleveland investing a potential top 5 pick this year to get either QB. I think they really want to have a high pick to accumulate more talent. I could see a second and fourth rounder this year and next year's second rounder getting it done for Vick, but I'd guess Cleveland would be looking for Kolb in a deal, given the Heckert connection and Holmgren's possible preference to bring in a WCO coach.

brat316
10-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Kevin Kolb is the best QB in the NFC East.

why again? Cause he had 1 good game so far.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-24-2010, 03:00 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/huskerextra.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/b1/85e/8b185e2c-e3ed-5051-bc14-85ca762c2c0c-revisions/4c9544768a408.image.jpg

Please come out!

TitanHope
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Good game guys, and good luck the rest of the season!

Hopefully we'll take down Washington for ya'll just like we did the Giants and Cowboys, and I'm looking forward to watching Vick tearing **** up when he gets healthy!

cunningham06
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Ellis Hobbs has got to go. He has no business starting in the NFL, and watching him today affirms everything negative people say about him.

Sniper
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
This is the Kevin Kolb I expected when the eagles anointed him the starter.

This is the Kevin Kolb that I expected. Not pretty.

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah. Though the O-Line played like garbage, it's hard to defend Kolb after that.

Sniper
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah. Though the O-Line played like garbage, it's hard to defend Kolb after that.

Yeah. The OL's not to blame for the fact that Kolb just doesn't have a strong arm. He underthrew way too many deep balls.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I just realized if Cooper doesn't come back and make a great play on that throw that we're probably sitting here talking about how we lost 37-12 to the Kenny Britt show.

A few thoughts:
-Hobbs and Kolb both showed us why they are two of the most beloved Eagles amongst fans.
-O-line was great yet again/sarcasm. It's too bad this draft doesn't have the top end talent of recent years because we could really use it.
-Maclin and McCoy looked good for the most part and showed us yet again why they will be key parts of our offense for years to come, we just need to surround them with a competent o-line and qb.
-Allen has impressed me so far. Struggled at times today in coverage, but a lot of it was Hobbs leaving him out to dry. Has looked good other than that though.
-We need D-Jax to hurry back. As much as I love Avant, he's not a #2 and with Maclin drawing double teams all day it makes it tough to get anything going.
-Akers had a nice bounce back game and was one of the few positives which is kind of sad actually.
-Our defense is too vanilla for my tastes, and while I realize McDermott is not JJ, I'd still like to see some more blitzes and exotic packages.
-Also nice to see Mornhinwheg revert back to his old ways after calling a great game last week.
-This bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

brat316
10-24-2010, 06:30 PM
hahah 48 passes for Kolb. Nice.

superman8456
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't want to hear any ******** about our safety's playing at all decent today. They flat out sucked. Ellis Hobbs didn't play a good game, but the safeties were far worse. They took bad angles, looked slow and not instinctive while playing their zones, and were caught flat footed multiple times.

The safeties were playing two deep zones, allowing the CB's to be playing underneath. Problem lies in the fact that Hobbs was playing too far off his man and the safeties weren't providing the necessary coverage over the top.

Mike Patterson literally has no impact in the pass game. I'm a firm believer in that a good defensive line is built from the inside out, starting with your defensive tackles. It just creates more one on one opportunities for the ends. Nick Fairley, please be an Eagle.

MikeVickTheSickest
10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
after i return and guide us to a super bowl win im going to kick korn on the kolb right in the nuts

bsaza2358
10-27-2010, 08:49 AM
after i return and guide us to a super bowl win im going to kick korn on the kolb right in the nuts

I just assumed you'd electrocute or drown him. Isn't that more your style?

MikeVickTheSickest
10-30-2010, 05:53 PM
nah i dont kill my team but korn on the kolb does deserve to be kicked in the nuts forever! ill electrocute and drown you though ok!?

bsaza2358
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I've looked at all of your posts, MVTS. You have little other than hate on the team and have offered little to the forum in general. Please keep things about discussions and on topic from here on out. Thank you!

Go_Eagles77
11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Luckily he was banned, so we don't have to worry about that, haha.

bsaza2358
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I was going to recommend him for such a fate depending on his next post...

eaglesalltheway
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
BEST NEWS EVER

Ellis Hobbs has been taking out of his starting lineup, and Dimitri Patterson will be assuming the RCB duties. Patterson isn't anything special, but he isn't Ellis Hobbs, so I'm happy.

cunningham06
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I trust my own abilities at CB over Ellis Hobbs.

Go_Eagles77
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
To be honest, before the titans game, Hobbs actually played much better than I expected him to. That said, we could still do way better than him. Patterson plays really solid whenever given the chance, so I can't argue with this decision. The chances of drafting a CB in the 1st round next year look pretty high.

frubulubu
11-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Yey!!! Hobbs has been demoted is great cause for rejoice!

eaglesalltheway
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
To be honest, before the titans game, Hobbs actually played much better than I expected him to. That said, we could still do way better than him. Patterson plays really solid whenever given the chance, so I can't argue with this decision. The chances of drafting a CB in the 1st round next year look pretty high.

IDK about much better, but he had been playing better than I thought. However his better than I expected still sucks floppy donkey dick.

I don't know who to take my anger out on now, Bell is gone and Hobbs has been demoted...

bsaza2358
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
There is always Andy Reid and his clock management...

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2010, 01:07 PM
There is always Andy Reid and his clock management...

Yes, but IDK if anyone has noticed yet, but he is (at least) marginally better at that so far this year than the rest of his career. If he can get that completely fixed, I won't know what to do.

Honestly, I won't. At all.

bsaza2358
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Being in DC, one thing I did notice was that McNabb (even before his benching), was struggling with clock management and the hurryup. Maybe after all this time, it was McNabb + Reid and not just Reid...

yourfavestoner
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Being in DC, one thing I did notice was that McNabb (even before his benching), was struggling with clock management and the hurryup. Maybe after all this time, it was McNabb + Reid and not just Reid...

That and your redzone efficiency is MUCH higher this year than it ever was under McNabb.

bsaza2358
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
That is a function of a stronger running attack with McCoy and the effectiveness of Jackson and Maclin. Best WR group they've had in Philly ever. Add in the Vick running ability, and you have some explanation.

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
It wasn't all on Reid, but he did seem to have a major problem with clock management. Now we haven't been any clutch situations yet where we need to maximize out time use for our offense yet, but at least it seems Reid has done a better job at saving timeouts and using them smarter in important situations. He is still a pretty crappy Challenge-er though, so that's the one bone I still have to pick.

bsaza2358
11-03-2010, 04:00 PM
There is an assistant that makes the call to challenge or not. There has been an issue of communication or judgment there from Reid and/or his replay guys.

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm aware there is someone up in the box in charge of "helping" Reid decide whether or not to challenge, I just hope they find better "help" soon.

bsaza2358
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm just saying it has been an issue for quite some time. In the end, you have to look at the guy holding the red flag. He makes the decision to gamble, and he loses way too often. Other coaches are far more successful. At this point, it's pretty clear that Reid either takes too much risks with the challenges or that his assistants use improper judgment when advising him.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Thoughts:
-We better start negotiating an extension with Vick.
-Patterson looked solid, especially when you consider he was matched up against Wayne for the majority of the game.
-Graham looked solid when he was out there which is a good sign.
-Not much else to say. All in all it was a good effort.

superman8456
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I hope Nate Allen gets well soon. I'm still not quite sure what his injury is, however.

Keenan Clayton impressed me. I think we have something special in him. Still plenty of room for development, but I look forward to seeing this kid mature.

So many questionable calls throughout the game by the refs. Not to mention dumb challenges by Andy Reid.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I was fine with the second challenge, especially with the our inability to get into the endzone. First one was bad, although it looked like the ball may have hit the ground. Still a poor time to use it though.

cunningham06
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
How ******** was that call on Trent Cole grazing Peyton's helmet?

This team is looking legit with Mike Vick under center. I actually trust him when we are in the red zone, it's been a while since I've felt that way.

Go_Eagles77
11-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Does anyone remember that story about how Kurt Coleman paralyzed his teammate at practice in college and almost quit football because of it? I wonder what was going through his mind today.

TitanHope
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I just wanna say that I love all ya'll so very much for beating the Colts today. I shall tell tales of you in my travels.

Sniper
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I just wanna say that I love all ya'll so very much for beating the Colts today. I shall tell tales of you in my travels.

Listen, I know that we started out as foe. But after that courageous act that you showed me against the one they call Peyton, maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.

eaglesalltheway
11-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Very happy with the performance yesterday, particularly with Patterson, Cole, and Graham. Vick and DeSean had good games, but we expected that at this point from them (as with Cole). Its just a relief to have Hobbs out of there, and inactive, which actually surprised me a little bit, but hey it worked. We should also give Kurt Coleman some credit, he came into the game and replaced Allen without any real change in the results of our defense. I said it in TC but we may be seeing the replacement to Mikell when the team decides to move on from Mikell in a few years, I really like him. Hopefully Allen is ok, and I'm glad to hear that Collie "just" had a concussion.

My only problem with this game was a huge one, and it was the officiating. I've said it before, but this game took it to a whole new level when I say that this was the worst officiated game I ever saw. They were missing calls and calling non-fouls on both teams all game, and it just seemed to get worse. Not only that, but the minute-long deliberations after some of the penalty calls made the game entirely too frustrating. Hopefully someone from the NFL offices took note of this game and gets that crew taken care of, whether it be splitting them up or getting rid of them completely. It was a 100% thoroughly shameful showing on their part.

Coleman also better not be fined for that hit, and I agree 100% with what Cowher said at halftime.

TitanHope
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I have a question. Why is Mike Vick allowed to wear the tinted visor? He's the only QB I've ever seen wear it, and it seems like it'd be a huge advantage. No DB is able to read his eyes. Does he use the BS "I have eye issues herpderp" that LT used?

He wear it with the Falcons too?

I feel like this is gonna be an incredibly dumb question.

TAKE OFF THE VISOR, VICK! YOU'RE NOT AS COOL AS DAWKINS!!!

Thanks for beating the Colts, though. And you have my permission to wear it against the rest of the AFC South too.

eaglesalltheway
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I don't know, I noticed it, just never really put any thought into it (I think, lol). It would be a pretty big advantage, and if there woudl be a league issue, I'm sure that's the excuse he would/has used.

Unfortunately, he only has the opportunity to wear it against the Texans this year, and with that secondary, it doesn't matter if he had a tinted visor or not, lol.

brat316
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Colt Berrian wore that rainbow visor.

Why can't Vick wear the visor again, and only at the Houston game?

TitanHope
11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I thought he wore it against the Colts in this past game.

I know he's worn the clear visor, which is probably ok since the eyes are easier to see. This was just the first time I've seen it tinted.

LT had an unquestionable advantage, in my opinion, by wearing the tinted visor. He would've still been good, but defenders still complained because they couldn't see which way his eyes were looking, which would give away which direction he was about to go or which defender he's trying to avoid. Now you give that to a guy who's an elite runner and passer. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiit, boy. Vick about to tear it up.

eaglesalltheway
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I mean as far as AFC south teams, the Texans are the only ones left for the Eagles to play, sorry for the confusion, lol.

Sniper
11-12-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/11/re-focused-week-9-colts-at-eagles/

With a QB rating of 29 when targeted, Samuel ranks first in the league of all CBs who have played at least 50 percent of snaps. Ö

I'll have the crow with a side of mashed potatoes, please.

eaglesalltheway
11-12-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/11/re-focused-week-9-colts-at-eagles/

I'll have the crow with a side of mashed potatoes, please.

Yea me too, he really has been playing lights out so far this year. He still gives up some plays, but less have gone for big yardage and TDs. I wonder how many TDs he's given up so far, it can't be too many.

However... Since when does the Sniper I know use QB rating to back up an argument?!?! haha.

Sniper
11-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Yea me too, he really has been playing lights out so far this year. He still gives up some plays, but less have gone for big yardage and TDs. I wonder how many TDs he's given up so far, it can't be too many.

However... Since when does the Sniper I know use QB rating to back up an argument?!?! haha.

Since 29 (!) is a ridiculous number. I usually hate passer rating, but a 29 passer rating against a CB is incredible.

eaglesalltheway
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Since 29 (!) is a ridiculous number. I usually hate passer rating, but a 29 passer rating against a CB is incredible.

Haha it really is. I was just giving you crap man... This is one of those instances where it shows that stats do have their place in football conversations.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-12-2010, 02:54 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles would like to retain resurgent quarterback Michael Vick for "next season and beyond," but have not engaged in contract talks, according to the The Philadelphia Inquirer, citing sources close to the situation.

Team officials plan to meet during the next few weeks to discuss Vick's future and a potential contract extension. Vick is in the second season of a two-year deal he signed with the Eagles before the 2009 campaign, after serving 18 months in prison for his role in a dogfighting ring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0ed2f/article/report-eagles-hope-to-keep-vick-next-season-and-beyond?module=HP_headlines

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eaglesalltheway
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I like it, he's proven me wrong so far. It'll be interesting to see how that goes, and what type of deal it'd be for, not to mention what'd happen with Kolb. I imagine if Vick is extended, Kolb should get traded, with value similar to what Schaub's trade.

bsaza2358
11-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Kolb will have to be traded, and luckily for the Eagles, there are plenty of teams that might want to take a long look... Cleveland is probably playing the Colt McCoy card, so they're out, but these teams have to be considering Kolb:

Seattle
Arizona
Washington (Doubtful Reid does it twice, but you never know)
Miami (Pennington or Henne? Ehhhhh)
Minnesota
San Francisco
Buffalo

Dark horses:

Cincinnati (Palmer = cooked)
Jacksonville (Though Garrard has played acceptably)

eaglesalltheway
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
It'd depend on the length of the extension, I think if its a 1 or 2 year contract (I highly doubt it), it almost wouldn't be worth it for Vick or the Eagles, but then we might see Kolb stick around. Personally though, I think we are looking at at least 3 years, most likely 4 or 5, for an attempted extension with Vick, if the team can't get 4 or 5 they might just roll with Kolb and try to trade Vick.

The most likely scenario, I see is Vick gets extended for 4 years (don't know where to begin on the price), and Kolb will get traded for a value similar to Schaub and McNabb. The most likely teams, IMO, are Vikings, San Fran, Jacksonville (if Garrard walks), and Arizona.

I doubt the Eagles trade Kolb to the Skins (would've said the same thing with McNabb if I thought it was a possibility though), and I doubt if Seattle would be willing to spend the picks to get Kolb after what they spent with Whitehurst last year.

bsaza2358
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
The Vick deal now has a starting point: McNabb's 5 year, $78mm deal with $40mm guaranteed. It is possible that the Eagles can get down on the guaranteed money because of Vick's injuries this year, but we're looking at a 5-7 year deal with at least $35mm guaranteed. I'm also sure there will be more bonuses based on playing time and some very very substantial penalties and clawbacks based on behavior. Pretty much, if he messes up and gets booted from the league, his contract is null and he owes them a lot of money.

eaglesalltheway
11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
The Vick deal now has a starting point: McNabb's 5 year, $78mm deal with $40mm guaranteed. It is possible that the Eagles can get down on the guaranteed money because of Vick's injuries this year, but we're looking at a 5-7 year deal with at least $35mm guaranteed. I'm also sure there will be more bonuses based on playing time and some very very substantial penalties and clawbacks based on behavior. Pretty much, if he messes up and gets booted from the league, his contract is null and he owes them a lot of money.

I still think they will stay lower on the years, for 4 or 5, or a classic "two-halves" type of 6 or 7 year contract. It is a starting point, hopefully they can get something done.

superman8456
11-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Holy ****, talk about a team firing on all cylinders.

Jvig43
11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I just came in because I know thumper will be reading this at home... MIKE ******* VICK baby! That is all, sorry for intruding.

frubulubu
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Hell yeah!!

BaLLiN
11-15-2010, 10:43 PM
thank you for the points in fantasy mike vick

eaglesalltheway
11-16-2010, 06:33 AM
This was one of those performances, much like Favre against Oakland after his father passed, or Elway's helicopter first down, or McNabbs scramble against the Cowboys to FredEx, or 4th and 26, that I will never forget, and always remember where I was when I watched it happen. The whole offense was next to unstoppable. Lost in all of this is (without checking stats) about 250 yards of rushing offense. Just a total and complete domination for the offense last night. I can't say I've ever seen anything like it. I'm not going to go crazy like Steve Young and Trent Dilfer did afterwards, but that was incredible. We all witnessed something special last night, and if Vick can continue with anything near what he has put up this season, the Eagles should and will be considered at the top for Superbowl possibilities. (I hate saying that so early... crosses fingers)

I knew the Eagles were going to try to go big with DeSean on the first play. He had been blowing up his Twitter all day, and his shrugging off Laron Landry before the game (which started the "scuffle") seemed more like a mental ploy when I saw it happening. Then to top all that off, he walks into the endzone backwards staring right at him as he's getting off the turf. And the icing on the cake is eachother staring eachother down from sideline to sideline. I was surprised we didn't see Laron land a knockout blow on him during the rest of the game, and I have a feeling it isn't over between those too...

The defense had there highlights in the first quarter, and lowlights in the second half, but I think part of that is due to the fact that in a game like that, the sheer will to stop the opposing offense leaves you, which is a little concerning, but when you look at the force they were emphasizing themselves with when the game started, I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully Dmitri Patterson has done enough to keep his job. He held Wayne to a respectable yardage las week (face it, he's going to get his catches no matter who he's against) and followed it with a very impressive showing this week. Not only did he have the INTs, but he had solid coverage, and played well against the run, especially early in the game. Hopefully Hobbs is completely demoted now...

Sniper
11-16-2010, 07:45 AM
VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVIVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVI CKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK VICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVI CKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICKVICK

Great post. I agree.

bsaza2358
11-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I still think they will stay lower on the years, for 4 or 5, or a classic "two-halves" type of 6 or 7 year contract. It is a starting point, hopefully they can get something done.

If Vick is playing close to the Indy/Skins level, that is now the starting point. However, the Eagles are correct to be patient. There's no need to jump the gun with the lockout and new CBA still to come. End of the day, Vick will be an Eagle for at least the next 3 years, barring injury or arrest.

Go_Eagles77
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
This deserves a spot in this thread:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c294a6/article/eagles-landrys-mouth-prompted-pregame-confrontation-rout?module=HP_headlines

Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/deseanjackson/profile?id=JAC127681) told Philly Sports Daily (http://phillysportsdaily.com/eagles/2010/11/16/eagles-were-eager-to-punish-dirty-landry/) that Landry brought up Jackson's recent concussion as the teams were leaving the field after warm-ups, saying, "I'm going to put you asleep again."http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81c26fbe_gallery_600.jpg

Todd Bertuzzi
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
This offense is a couple o-linemen away from being elite.

eaglesalltheway
11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
This offense is a couple o-linemen away from being elite.

I'd say just one, actually. And with enough time together, the OL could mesh well. McGlynn has been solid in there. Not spectacular, but I like what he is doing out there. Nick Cole has done well, and when in there, MJG, has done OK. An elite interior O-linemen would put the offense into a crazy spot.

eaglesalltheway
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
This deserves a spot in this thread:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c294a6/article/eagles-landrys-mouth-prompted-pregame-confrontation-rout?module=HP_headlines

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81c26fbe_gallery_600.jpg

According to DeSean, if Landry did indeed say that, he said it to DeSean with a smile on his face. It wouldn't surprise me though, which would be a better explanation as to why DeSean flipped on him.

bsaza2358
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd say just one, actually. And with enough time together, the OL could mesh well. McGlynn has been solid in there. Not spectacular, but I like what he is doing out there. Nick Cole has done well, and when in there, MJG, has done OK. An elite interior O-linemen would put the offense into a crazy spot.

I am absolutely in favor of Wisneiwski (prob butchered that spelling) from Penn St or the other Pouncey from Florida in the first round. Solidify the interior OLine. Justice at RT is fine. There isn't a LT that can replace Peters in the draft this year. Take the interior mauler now. Stop the musical chairs inside. Solidify the position for years.

eaglesalltheway
11-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I am absolutely in favor of Wisneiwski (prob butchered that spelling) from Penn St or the other Pouncey from Florida in the first round. Solidify the interior OLine. Justice at RT is fine. There isn't a LT that can replace Peters in the draft this year. Take the interior mauler now. Stop the musical chairs inside. Solidify the position for years.

All you mixed up was the i and e, not too shabby, lol.

If we're looking for an elite interior mauler, I'd actually prefer Pouncey a little bit over Wisniewski, and I think either of them could be had in the second round, as I still think we need to address CB first. (There is a better value for CBs it seems in this draft in the first than OL, and good value for interior O-linemen starting in the early-mid second. I personally like what I've seen from Marcus Cannon of TCU in the two games I've seen. He very big and has quick feet, and would make a great RG in the Eagles system. He run blocks well and is solid in pass protection. I'd put him right up there with Wisniewski for the Eagles, maybe not a better prospect (I actually think its neck and neck), but he is a better fit for the RG spot.

bsaza2358
11-17-2010, 11:17 AM
A lot of it depends on the draft slot. There are a lot of CB's in this draft. I feel like the Eagles will be able to target someone and get it done. They very well could go after another CB, but I really believe that OLine is the answer. Interior Oline is a solid investment for this team this offseason.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Demarcus Love's a guy who we could grab and who I feel would be exactly what we need. He's a tackle in college but his best fit at the next level will likely come at guard.

bsaza2358
11-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm all for mobile guards who can pull and screen. I figure one of the first 3 picks has to be interior OLine at the very least. After that, I'm good with DT depth, LB depth, CB development, perhaps a SS behind Mikell. This team is really young and deep in a lot of spots.

eaglesalltheway
11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Demarcus Love's a guy who we could grab and who I feel would be exactly what we need. He's a tackle in college but his best fit at the next level will likely come at guard.

Cannon is another college OT who could slide inside, I haven't seen much of Love, but he does intrigue me a bit.

eaglesalltheway
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm all for mobile guards who can pull and screen. I figure one of the first 3 picks has to be interior OLine at the very least. After that, I'm good with DT depth, LB depth, CB development, perhaps a SS behind Mikell. This team is really young and deep in a lot of spots.

I still see CB and OL as the biggest needs, but I think CB holds some priority over a guard right now, mostly because our offense is still successful with what we have there, another top notch CB would really help out the defense. It comes down to the CB would probably be more valuable to the defense than a Guard would be to our offense, though I do think an early draft pick should be used on a Guard, though I will definitely not act as though drafting an Interior O-linemen first would surprise me at all.

After CB and OL though, needs really fall off. I do agree we could use more DT depth, and depending how Harrison plays a RB might still be needed, though with him showing what he can do last week, I am willing to say RB drops down on the list of needs, for now anyway. I honestly don't think we are goind to need to look to LB yet, as many of the young guys on the roster have looked promising, though I expect we will draft at least one LB. I don't see SS as a huge need, I honestly think Coleman could be the future there, he reminds me a bit of Mikell in some ways, and has played well in his opportunities on the field. If I had to put the team needs in order right now, it'd be
1. CB
2. Interior OL (most likely a RG)
3. DT depth (even this isn't necessary, as most of our DTs have stepped up)
4. RB depth (if Harrison continues to come along, this could drop lower)
5. CB depth (this is that big of a need to me)
6. S depth (I like Mikell, Allen, and Coleman, but they're all we have)
7. LB depth
8. TE dpth
9. OL depth
10. QB (this will shoot up to about #6 if Kolb is traded, I like Kafka though so a #3 is it)
11. K

Go_Eagles77
11-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I think you can throw a return specialist in there somewhere, especially over K. Ellis Hobbs is probably gone and DeSean shouldn't be risking himself on special teams anymore. Calvin hasn't really impressed me and he's too much of a risk to turn the ball over, I hold my breath every time they kick off to him.

eaglesalltheway
11-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I think you can throw a return specialist in there somewhere, especially over K. Ellis Hobbs is probably gone and DeSean shouldn't be risking himself on special teams anymore. Calvin hasn't really impressed me and he's too much of a risk to turn the ball over, I hold my breath every time they kick off to him.

Yeah, defintiely forgot about that, I'd actually put that somewhere around 6-8 actually.

bsaza2358
11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
KR's can be found anywhere in the draft. Look at the Redskins. They have Brandon Banks and also drafted that Austin kid out of UCLA (my buddy Mark is actually his agent). These explosive players are available. Just have to pick them up. However, note that the Eagles don't always put a premium on that kind of position. Remember that Reno Mahe had a job on this team for several years in that role. He didn't do anything great, but he almost never turned it over.

eaglesalltheway
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I think last nights game took about 6 months off my lifespan... That was a good game, not great because neither team was playing their best, but I'm real excited to get that win.

bsaza2358
11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
This was typical Eagles-Giants football. Ugly and the final score told you nothing about what happened in the game itself. Just a hard nosed dogfight between 2 well coached teams.

Right now, the Eagles are playing better and have fewer injuries. That can easily shift the next time these teams meet.

eaglesalltheway
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Hakeem Nicks is getting treatment for something (don't know what) and is supposed to be out for three weeks, coming back in time for the Eagles game. I just wish it could be 4...

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
You guys supposed CB Brandon Hughes off our Practice Squad. Replacement for Hobbs I guess.

Sniper
11-23-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/20/32-teams-32-observations-week-10/

With 26 quarterback disruptions, Brandon Graham leads all rookie defensive ends.

Sniper
11-23-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/22/re-focused-week-11-giants-at-eagles/

Perhaps the most impressive performance of the defense, however, belongs to DLE Brandon Graham (+4.3). Although he didnít start the game, he got increased playing time (41 snaps) after Juqua Parker re-aggravated a hip injury and was unable to return. As mentioned above, going against McKenzie was going to be a tough test but it was one Graham passed with flying colors. Graham made our top-10 pass-rushing productivity list for 4-3 DEs and he was exceptional against the Giants again in that department, adding five pressures in 30 rushes. Graham was also above average in run defense (+0.6), making one stop one on one tackle with an assist. He also forced a key Ahmad Bradshaw fumble.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2010, 09:50 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/22/re-focused-week-11-giants-at-eagles/

<333333

He has been playing real well, maybe not the stats yet, but I'm pretty happy with how he's played.

Sniper
11-24-2010, 09:52 AM
The one major problem with Graham this year is that he falls all the damn time. I don't know what it is. He'll smoke the OT and then trip over his own feet.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
The one major problem with Graham this year is that he falls all the damn time. I don't know what it is. He'll smoke the OT and then trip over his own feet.

It's not so much that he's falling, or tripping, every once in a while he overextends and leans to far forward, and the smart O-linemen will swat his arms or shoulders down and basically push him down, or knock him off his balance enough to fall.

bsaza2358
11-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I have seen Graham's technique improve significantly over the course of the season. He is showing a lot and has learned from Cole and Parker and Tapp. He will be a potential monster next year with a full offseason.

frubulubu
11-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Samuel will not play against the Bears. I will make the trip to chicago and see the game at soilder field. Two games this season and both were against the NFC North (lions & Bears).

Go_Eagles77
11-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I really hope they don't match Hanson up against Hester and/or Knox on the outside. That won't be pretty.

Go_Eagles77
11-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Ellis Hobbs may retire

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5859585

I know he wasn't the most beloved eagle but it still sucks to see a guy retire young due to injury.