PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

frubulubu
11-28-2010, 05:30 PM
This sucks being in Chicago for the game and the team cant do ****! Fans are poking fun at us and the birds dont have our back.

Sniper
11-29-2010, 06:16 AM
44 passes for Mike Vick, 10 runs at 5.3 per for LeSean McCoy. I guess balanced gameplans were just working too well and Andy couldn't tolerate that. For the last ******* time, if you throw over 35 times, you're probably going to lose the game.

Gay Ork Wang
11-29-2010, 07:19 AM
good game guys.

superman8456
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM
44 passes for Mike Vick, 10 runs at 5.3 per for LeSean McCoy. I guess balanced gameplans were just working too well and Andy couldn't tolerate that. For the last ******* time, if you throw over 35 times, you're probably going to lose the game.

If the offensive line could get any push in the run game, I would agree with that.

Seriously, our offensive line played like **** and our defense has been exposed when we don't have Asante Samuel.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
12-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I really love watching Mike Vick play. He really does elevate the game. He is just so much fun to watch.

Go_Eagles77
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Ouch, Brandon Graham has a torn ACL. That's huge considering he probably won't be fully healthy until very late next season, if not after next season. He was primed for a breakout year next year too.

superman8456
12-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Ouch, Brandon Graham has a torn ACL. That's huge considering he probably won't be fully healthy until very late next season, if not after next season. He was primed for a breakout year next year too.

This is terrible news. Thankfully, Jaqua Parker hasn't had his end-of-season-slump yet. Darryl Tapp has also proved serviceable in certain situations.

frubulubu
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
This sucks and im really upset with the time he will be out.

bsaza2358
12-14-2010, 10:54 AM
It sucks that both Graham and Bradley will be out a substantial amount of time. The Bradley injury is especially crappy because he was finally playing up to speed like he was in 2008.

Giantsfan1080
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Well another huge Giants/Eagles matchup. Let the fun begin.

Go_Eagles77
12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Eagles signed Derrick Burgess to replace Graham. Decent signing, obviously isn't what he once was but he did have 5 sacks last year for the pats.

bsaza2358
12-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Burgess can offer a boost in the pass rush, and he has historically been pretty decent against the run as well. He can set the edge well. I like the signing, assuming he's in good shape. As long as the Eagles are giving him limited snaps, I see a strong impact.

mellojello
12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I really love watching Mike Vick play. He really does elevate the game. He is just so much fun to watch.The whole offense, man it doesn't get much better and Vick is a big part of it.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Well another huge Giants/Eagles matchup. Let the fun begin.

And this time both teams are missing key players, Last time you guys were suffering more in the injury department, this time it seems like (with the exception of Smith) you guys are getting healthy and the Eagles have injury issues...

bigbluedefense
12-16-2010, 07:38 AM
And this time both teams are missing key players, Last time you guys were suffering more in the injury department, this time it seems like (with the exception of Smith) you guys are getting healthy and the Eagles have injury issues...

Smith is such a huge loss though. I felt that if we had Smith the last time we played we wouldve had a puncher's chance of winning that game, although I readily admit if we won it would be the result of you guys kind of blowing it with poor execution.

This game is going to be tough. Our game is going to rely on ground and pound. We are decimated at WR right now. I expect a close game as usual, but the Eagles just have our # right now. I don't expect a win but im hopeful.

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2010, 09:38 AM
This game is huge. I think whoever wins is pretty much a lock to win the East and the loser still has a good shot at a wild card, but may miss the playoffs all together. It honestly could go either way, too.

Giantsfan1080
12-16-2010, 09:48 AM
It certainly helps us that the Packers lost last Sunday regarding the Wild Card. If Rodgers doesn't go against the Pats that should be another loss for them as well. I think we both have the tiebreakers over the Bucs at this point so they're not much of a worry either right now. I want to win this game but the WC should still be an option for the loser.

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
True, too bad the saints or possibly the falcons pretty much already have the 5th seed wrapped up, that's practically a bye week facing the winner of the NFC West haha. In fact the eagles and giants could very well have another re-match Wild card weekend (that's a scary thought), unless the bears **** the bed sometime soon.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Good win guys. Heck of a game!

Giantsfan1080
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah great comeback. I know Sniper and I got at each other a little but hats off.

eaglesalltheway
12-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Good win guys. Heck of a game!

Not really a good game, more like an exceptional last 8:00 minutes, but only that, lol. It was a great game though, I can't remember screaming and running and flailing as much as I did when DeSean was returning that punt.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Not really a good game, more like an exceptional last 8:00 minutes, but only that, lol. It was a great game though, I can't remember screaming and running and flailing as much as I did when DeSean was returning that punt.

Of course it was a good game and I am saying this as someone who was on the losing side. I coached a game like that where we won the SAME exact way! We had the best WR who led the nation in kick off return get a kick and take it to the house. It was funny because the opposing team tried to kick it on the ground. A defensive player tried to field it, and jumped to grab it and run with it, except it hit his hands and went backwards into our WR's hands, who they were trying to avoid. And our guy runs hits a wall and then pops out and takes it to the house for a win.

It was a sick game. Memorable one. I hate Vick, but I came away very impressed with him. He should be MVP the way he put the team on his back like that.

mellojello
12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah great comeback.I don't have a dog in the fight, but as a sports fan, not sure how you can keep it cool and classy. If I were a Giants fan, I'd be more like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc2J6SZX1HQ

Giantsfan1080
12-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not happy obviously but I got it out of my system quick. Throwing a few things immediately after helped.

frubulubu
12-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Great game!

superman8456
12-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Great win. I think the Eagles really did handle some adversity. Just need to break the habit of falling asleep and cruising threw the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Nate Allen has a ruptured patellar tendon. Our defense is already extremely thin; this would be a devastating time for the injury bug to come around.

Go_Eagles77
12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna be honest, this was the first time I ever shed some tears of joy after a football game. I just got a taste of what a Superbowl victory would be like, and I'm hungry for more, haha.

LonghornsLegend
12-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Just wanna say I am rooting for you guys to win the SB. It woulda been so easy to hate and laugh if Kolb was starting and sucking but with Vick the team just seems unreal and these are the type of signature wins that make a team go on to win a SB.

There is literally no way to defend speed, and you guys are like the Greatest Show on Grass right now. You don't know how bad I want to see Vick go into ATL in the NFC championship game and put on a show.

bsaza2358
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Just wanna say I am rooting for you guys to win the SB. It woulda been so easy to hate and laugh if Kolb was starting and sucking but with Vick the team just seems unreal and these are the type of signature wins that make a team go on to win a SB.

There is literally no way to defend speed, and you guys are like the Greatest Show on Grass right now. You don't know how bad I want to see Vick go into ATL in the NFC championship game and put on a show.

I can always appreciate the support, but if the Eagles defense doesn't stiffen up and make more stops, they aren't going to make it to Atlanta or the Super Bowl. The Eagles need to tighten up that defense and get off the field more. The offense needs to run the ball more to protect Vick, set up the PA pass, and to keep the D off the field.

Sniper
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the Eagles. They keep going to the playaction when they never run the ball. You're just wasting time at that point because no one expects the Eagles to run the ball.

It's a damn shame, too, because Shady McCoy is having himself a great year. He hit the 1,000-yard mark yesterday and now sits at 1,036 rushing yards, good enough for 13th in the NFL. In that top-13, he's second in ypc to Jamaal Charles (6.4!) with 5.3, a notch better than Darren McFadden's 5.2 and leads the NFL in carries of 40 or more yards. I am eating some delicious crow when it comes to Shady, crow that I will certainly enjoy. 1,587 total yards and nine touchdowns.

bsaza2358
12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I have this feeling that the Eagles are going to come out in the playoffs and run the ball down people's throats for at least 1 game. They have shown that they can do it, too. I see all these drives where McCoy picks his way for 5-8 yard runs, and it sets up everything else, then the team scores on the pass and goes pass happy for the next 2 drives. As the weather gets colder and snowier, you need to run the ball. The Pats and Packers ran the ball a lot last night. The Eagles need to run the ball more and at the same rate of success to win in January.

eaglesalltheway
12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm not happy obviously but I got it out of my system quick. Throwing a few things immediately after helped.

I threw things too, but it was more out of crazy excitement than crazy anger...

LonghornsLegend
12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the Eagles. They keep going to the playaction when they never run the ball. You're just wasting time at that point because no one expects the Eagles to run the ball.

It's a damn shame, too, because Shady McCoy is having himself a great year. He hit the 1,000-yard mark yesterday and now sits at 1,036 rushing yards, good enough for 13th in the NFL. In that top-13, he's second in ypc to Jamaal Charles (6.4!) with 5.3, a notch better than Darren McFadden's 5.2 and leads the NFL in carries of 40 or more yards. I am eating some delicious crow when it comes to Shady, crow that I will certainly enjoy. 1,587 total yards and nine touchdowns.

This is surprising to me. Hometown kid, carried Pitt on his back while he was there, and Brian Westbrook lite in every sense of the term. He was picture perfect fit for Andy Reid and you made the transition easy by finding him a year before Westbrook was gone.

I was always a big fan of Shady, alot of people(not you but I heard it alot of places) knocked him for his low combine numbers and questioned his deep speed or athleticism. I got alot of things wrong that draft but one thing I was sure of panning out was Shady being a beast in this offense.

At this pace he'll end up being better then Westbrook was for you guys, because it took 5 years if I remember to have a big time season like Shady is doing now.

bsaza2358
12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
The Eagles have never run the ball as much as they have a lot of this season, but they go away from it in stretches. This offense is infinitely more dangerous when they're running because it punishes defenses for spying Vick or dropping 7-8 into coverage. I really wish the team would run more to take advantage of these things.

Jmohr107
12-20-2010, 07:21 PM
It sucks to see Nate Allen go down like that, he is a good-looking young player. I always hate it when a guy tears up his knee without even being touched by anyone. Hopefully the Eagles defense can overcome all of those injuries.

bsaza2358
12-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Likelihood with the patellar tendon tear was that he had partially torn it or worn it down playing over the past year or 2, and he had built up the muscles around the knee to help support the injury. He might have needed this surgery sooner rather than later. It always sucks, but doctors are getting savvy and effective in getting these procedures less invasive and more effective. He is expected back for training camp, which is a good thing. In the meantime, Coleman gets more reps and could prove himself to be a valuable commodity.

eaglesalltheway
12-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Likelihood with the patellar tendon tear was that he had partially torn it or worn it down playing over the past year or 2, and he had built up the muscles around the knee to help support the injury. He might have needed this surgery sooner rather than later. It always sucks, but doctors are getting savvy and effective in getting these procedures less invasive and more effective. He is expected back for training camp, which is a good thing. In the meantime, Coleman gets more reps and could prove himself to be a valuable commodity.

I thought both Coleman and Chaney played very well on Sunday. For Chaney, there was almost no difference in the run game (though it seems McDermott asked more out of Fokou than with Bradley in there, especially early) and though he misdiagnosed a few coverage responsibilities, he did a good enough job in coverage. I've been a big fan of Coleman since he came in, and his solid play Sunday has further solidified that thought. He made plays in both aspects of the game, while not giving up many plays, and not giving up any big ones.

bsaza2358
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree on Coleman, but I didn't study Chaney too much. I was really focused on the lack of pass rush, which was quite evident. Either way, I think Coleman is great Mikell insurance. Might even be a good candidate to take over at SS and team with Allen to be a monster tandem for years to come. We shall see what happens as we move towards the playoffs.

eaglesalltheway
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I agree on Coleman, but I didn't study Chaney too much. I was really focused on the lack of pass rush, which was quite evident. Either way, I think Coleman is great Mikell insurance. Might even be a good candidate to take over at SS and team with Allen to be a monster tandem for years to come. We shall see what happens as we move towards the playoffs.

The lack of pass rush is really concerning. We are going to need Cole to step up, and the blitzes to get a little more daring if we want to get pressure on the QB. Don't take too much away from the Giants' OL though , they did a great job at picking up the blitzes. And obviously I agree about Coleman's potential future, he has been showing he has potential, and is actually a step ahead of where Mikell was at this point in their careers.

Also, when I was writing how the Giants have done picking up the blitzes, it reminded me just how good of a job Shady has been doing picking up blitzes this season. He gets a lot of credit as a runer and receiver, but with his ability to diagnose his responsibility and keep our QBs clean so far this season, he has now truly become an every down back.

frubulubu
12-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Did anyone else read the article on the teams web site about Chaney being a great MLB? Intresting read...

eaglesalltheway
12-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Did anyone else read the article on the teams web site about Chaney being a great MLB? Intresting read...

I heard about it, also heard Baldinger already called him an elite MLB. I've never been a fan of Baldinger, and though I like Chaney, and he did do a great job, Baldy is just way out of line. Chaney looked very good, but nowhere in the course of that game did I think Chaney was already an elite MLB. He's got the skillset to do it though, he just needs some playing time and more experience.

frubulubu
12-26-2010, 08:26 AM
I remember back in april you had said you were thrilled when the Eagles drafted Chaney and now I see what you saw in him. Baldinger is over his head stating that he is already an elite MLB but like you mentioned his skills are very visible and only time will tell if he can became a solid player.

superman8456
12-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Feels good to be division champs again, boys.

frubulubu
12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes it does! Hopefully we can secure the #2 seed somehow.

eaglesalltheway
12-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes it does! Hopefully we can secure the #2 seed somehow.

I hope so too, and I have a feeling Rodgers and the Pack will find a way to beat the Bears, so GO PACK GO.

mellojello
12-27-2010, 02:25 PM

There is literally no way to defend speed, and you guys are like the Greatest Show on Grass right now. You don't know how bad I want to see Vick go into ATL in the NFC championship game and put on a show.Agreed with all of this. I'm really pulling for the Birds too. The offense is so much fun to watch and I love watching defenses as they try and adapt to it.

While a great win can propel a team to the SB, I remain concerned that the defense is not championship caliber. Vick seems to have the fortitued to carry a defense that is porous at times. I think the Birds are going to need some luck to pull this off, but I'll definitely be along for the ride.

bsaza2358
12-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Let's just worry about the birds taking care of business tonight and Sunday before worrying about the Bears. My priorities for the Eagles:

1. 2 more wins
2. Get guys healthy
3. No more injuries
4. Bears lose, snag the bye

brat316
12-28-2010, 07:44 PM
So if Chaney keeps doing well do you leave him at MLB and move Stewart over to SLB?

superman8456
12-28-2010, 11:04 PM
That was ******* rough to watch.

Hopefully we will get the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. I hear they have injuries.

SickwithIt1010
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM
That was ******* rough to watch.

Hopefully we will get the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. I hear they have injuries.

Peters got absolutely smoked by Allen all night, I hope to god we dont play this way when Clay Matthews comes to town.

mellojello
01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Hopefully we will get the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. I hear they have injuries.Well, you got exactly what u wished for. Good luck with it...

Sniper
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Awful draw for the Eagles.

bigbluedefense
01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I can't help but become saddened by the fact that if the Eagles never grabbed Vick and went with Kevin Kolb at qb this year, we'd be 12-4 and have a bye week.

Instead, we're 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

Damn you Kevin Kolb. Damn you to hell. I wanted you to suck, but you sucked so hard you brought Vick into the lineup you turd.

Well, at least he's cemented himself as an awful qb and now you can't trade him for more than a 2nd at best. God he's awful. He couldn't even score vs teh Cowboys defense. The same Cowboys defense that was giving up like 30 a game under Garrett. The same Cowboys defense that made Rex freakin Grossman look like a superstar.

I don't care if he had backups in there, his game was still awful.

mellojello
01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Awful draw for the Eagles.Should be a fun game to watch though. The stinky Philly D is going to be put to the test starting this week.

eaglesalltheway
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
So if Chaney keeps doing well do you leave him at MLB and move Stewart over to SLB?

Its all specualation on my part at this point, but I think Bradley will be put back to MLB and Chaney will see some more PT, or as much as being moved over to SLB in some situations as well. I'd like to think Bradley would start at MIKE and Chaney start at SAM, but IDK if the Eagles will do that at this point.

Go_Eagles77
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I like Chaney at MIKE a lot, plus Stew is a true SAM, although might not the best SAM for our system. I honestly think the best 3 would be Fokou at WLB, Chaney at MLB and Bradley at SAM, but that might be too much shuffling, especially right before the playoffs.

superman8456
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Awful draw for the Eagles.

How?

Eagles D had two weeks to get healthy, along with Mike Vick and DeSean. The Packers just got out of a brawl with the Bears 2nd team.

The Packers are far too inconsistent of a team to be scared of.

Sniper
01-03-2011, 05:39 PM
How?

Eagles D had two weeks to get healthy, along with Mike Vick and DeSean. The Packers just got out of a brawl with the Bears 2nd team.

The Packers are far too inconsistent of a team to be scared of.

Green Bay has the fifth-ranked passing offense while the Eagles are starting a rookie at FS and have crap at the second corner and nickel spot.

superman8456
01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Green Bay has the fifth-ranked passing offense while the Eagles are starting a rookie at FS and have crap at the second corner and nickel spot.

Their passing attack is good, don't get me wrong, but its more out of necessity. They literally have no run game. I'm not scared of their run game in the slightest bit. They have the 24th ranked rushing offense. Thats also why I believe we should leave Stewart Bradley out of this game and let him continue to get healthy for the Bears, if we win.

The Packers run a lot of 4 and 5 WR sets, which we have to be ready for. This means we can't be committing a lot of people to blitzes and getting pressure with our front four is crucial.

Make no mistake about it, we know what is coming. I doubt we can stop it, but our only hope is to contain it.

eaglesalltheway
01-04-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm going to be trying to get tickets, just hope I can type fast enough and click quickly enough.

eaglesalltheway
01-04-2011, 09:22 AM
My buddy and I are going to the game on Sunday, hoping for a win so I can be even more excited about being there!

brat316
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
how much did you pay?

eaglesalltheway
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
$75. The tickets for seats sold out in maybe 15 seconds, and I could've gotten seats up in the third level on an exchange site in the corner for $160, but we figured the Standing room only spots would be just as good if we stand near the ramps or at the area near the steps at the main entrance to the stadium. $75 isn't too bad to be there for what I'm sure will be a great playoff game, and if its a win, its a bonus, and a well spent investmentment.

Sniper
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/01/05/re-focused-week-17-%e2%80%93-cowboys-eagles/

Kevin Kolb (-4.4) made Eagles fans thank everything they had for the season Michael Vick has had this year. Kolb clearly struggled to throw in the freezing rain, with the ball coming out of his hands at all kinds of weird angles, and missing receivers on simple routes. At one stage when trying to pump fake he managed to fire the ball into the back of his center instead of tucking it back away, nearly resulting in one of the most bizarre interceptions you would ever see.

Kolb wasnt alone in having an extremely poor performance for the Eagles, and tight end Clay Harbour (-5.0) might have been as bad as it got. Harbour was responsible for one of the sacks on the day but also accounted for a pair of drops, including one of the worst you will ever see when he had broken through the Dallas D on a play-action fake and had no defender within 5 yards of him. All in all, its a game he would rather forget.

All three of the performances were mentioning come on offense for the Eagles, and the final one is mentioned because he represents an excellent day while almost everyone else on offense struggled. King Dunlap (+5.4) was perfect in pass protection, succeeding in surrendering no pressure on 45 dropbacks. He was also instrumental in their run game, moving defenders around all game.

For the Eagles, Riley Cooper (-2.0) saw 69 of 71 snaps on offense, catching only one of the three passes thrown at him. Fellow receiver Chad Hall (+1.8) played just one fewer snap but caught six passes for 84 yards and a touchdown. Left tackle Austin Howard (-4.1) was left on an island against Ware most of the day, and it shows in his grade. Defensive end Daniel Teo-Nesheim (-1.6) played every snap on D and generated some pressure, but was let down by his play against the run. Keenan Clayton (-0.6) started on the weak side for the Eagles and had an average day, with a couple of negative plays against the run. Trevard Lindley (+1.1) started at left cornerback and made some nice plays, allowing only four of the eight passes thrown at him to be complete.

Go_Eagles77
01-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Interesting, I've been pleasantly surprised with King this year, I was surprised he even made the team, thinking Austin Howard outperformed him in TC/PS and I expected Howard to be the lone backup OT. He's proved me wrong, though. The extra weight definitely made a huge difference.

xxxxxxxx
01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
who is #45 on your team? I was just watching a video of roy's bobble/drop where he caught it and dropped it 5 times, and #45 on the eagles was going after it, then just tried to ankle tackle him and completely wiffed.. IDK how he is an NFL player.

I just thought it was hilarious, who is he?

Go_Eagles77
01-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Jamar Adams. He used to be on the practice squad then got cut all together, then I guess they just signed him back right before that game, because I didn't even know he was on the team at all. Was surprised when they showed that he was starting at FS.

Sniper
01-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Jamar Adams. He used to be on the practice squad then got cut all together, then I guess they just signed him back right before that game, because I didn't even know he was on the team at all. Was surprised when they showed that he was starting at FS.

I think that was his first NFL game. Probably had some jitters going.

bigbluedefense
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I think the winner of this game, or New Orleans is going to the SB.

I don't think much of Atlanta or Chicago.

bsaza2358
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I am petrified of GB in this game. Their offense is going to move the ball and score, and the defense can get pressure easily and cover. This is the worst possible scenario.

xxxxxxxx
01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I think the winner of this game, or New Orleans is going to the SB.

I don't think much of Atlanta or Chicago.

I would agree. It's funny how the 2 teams with a 1st round bye are probably the least scary of the teams, obviously not including seattle.

bsaza2358
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Atlanta at home is scary. I'd like the Eagles to get another shot at Chicago. Obviously, I'll get my wish if they manage to beat GB. Otherwise, that ATL-GB second round game will be pretty awesome.

Go_Eagles77
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/15211/2010-next-level-awards-wr-rb-defense

Locked and Loaded: LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
Best RB facing a loaded box

LeSean McCoy, literally, ran away with this award thanks to some hard-nosed running -- an aspect of his game that often is overlooked. Being surrounded by weapons like Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin overshadowed the fact that McCoy was the league's best back in 2010 when there were more defenders in the box than available blockers (creating a loaded box).

Fourteen running backs had at least 30 attempts against a loaded box this season. McCoy finished in the top four in rushing yards (207), touchdowns (three) and attempts per first down (2.8), despite having the fewest carries of those 14 backs (36).

Also, McCoy was more than up to the task of running out the clock. One-third of his rushes against a loaded box came in the fourth quarter with the Eagles leading. McCoy rushed 12 times for 85 yards and three first downs in those situations. His 7.1 yards per rush was tops among backs with at least 10 carries.

eaglesalltheway
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not surprise dwith Dunlap doing well, he had been steadily improving since he got here. He has a frame that is hard to find, and with Castillo, I'm not surprised he graded out well. I may have mentioned something about him in the training camp thread, idk though.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Bradley practiced today, for the first tie since his dislocated elbow. Hopefully he can play, but if he's not ready, I say let him out because he's too important, and Chaney has been doing a great job filling in for him.

Go_Eagles77
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I still expect Chaney to get a lot of playing time, most likely in nickel with Akeem Jordan.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I'd really like to see Chaney on the field quite a bit, now that it seems he has earned the PT, get him in at SLB in passing situations where they want to keep Bradley on the feild, or in at MLB if they want him off the field. Chaney is good enough in coverage that he can neutralize all of the Packers TEs and backs as well as helping out with Driver or Jordyzzz if they come inside.

superman8456
01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
That was pretty ugly. I believe that was a very winnable game for us, but we simply made too many mistakes. You can't miss two field goals in a close game and expect to win. You can't drop 3rd down conversions, commit dumb penalties, and continue to rush only four guys when you're getting absolutely no pressure with them. Today, we simply didn't play "playoff" football.

I'm going to anticipate a complete coaching staff makeover going into next season. Marty is probably going to become the Browns next head coach and Sean McDermott is on his way out. We'll probably promote someone in house to become our defensive coordinator like Dick Jauron.

I don't see us really breaking the bank in free agency on players like Nnamdi or Logan Mankins. Hopefully, we can trade Kevin Kolb away for some draft picks and try to rebuild our defense.

Edit: Our run defense ******* blows. **** this two gap ******** our defensive lineman have to deal with. It's not working.

frubulubu
01-10-2011, 05:08 AM
That was a horrible game for us! I wish Reid would've attempted on 4&1 instead of the failed FG. Some heads gotta roll I agree! I hope we do break the bank in FA or else I wont be intrested in the whole offseason. Damn I'm very upset!

cunningham06
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
That game was awful. Our defense was terrible and even if we won yesterday I couldn't see us being legit contenders. Ernie Sims sucks and made some terrible mistakes yesterday, and our secondary still needs improvement.

eaglesalltheway
01-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Not a great defensive showing at all, although I can't say I'm surprised. I wasn't expecting a Superbowl run this year anyway, but it hurts nonetheless. There are some bright spots to look to though, even on defense. We still have Cole and Asante, and some of our rookie defenders showed lots of promise. Anyone notice that as soon as Allen and Graham went down the defense as a whole didn't perform as well? I think Allen (even though many Eagles fans recognized how good he's done) is more important to the defense than some of us realize. His ability to cover a lot of space masked a lot of our defense's coverage issues, to an extent. Hopefully he (and Graham) will be able to come back ASAP and healthy. If those two are healthy, as well as aquiring CB help this offseason, the defense can make a big jump, as there aren't too many huge holes outside of CB (if our defense is healthy). We could use an upgrade over our OLBs, but I'm confident that Jamar Chaney could play any of the Eagles LB spots and (if the team would decide to keep Chaney at MLB) Bradley, if re-signed (I hope they can), could play SLB as well. As far as Sims, he isn't great, never really was, but I think we're stuck with him for at least a year yet, unfortunately.

superman8456
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/01/11/11/Ten-offseason-moves-the-Eagles-must-make/landing_eagles.html?blockID=389203&feedID=692

I thought it was worth a mention. That would be a lot of money locked up in our secondary because we also have to resign Mikell.

eaglesalltheway
01-11-2011, 11:01 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/01/11/11/Ten-offseason-moves-the-Eagles-must-make/landing_eagles.html?blockID=389203&feedID=692

I thought it was worth a mention. That would be a lot of money locked up in our secondary because we also have to resign Mikell.

I stopped when I saw Cullen Jenkins suggested for a DE. Obviously whoever wrote it just looked for a list of FA DEs and saw a name he recognized, not realizing he doesn't fit the Eagles defense, particuarly DE, at all. Pretty brutal article overall actually, but until the Jenkins remark, I got a kick out of it. I'd love Nnamdi, but who knows how possible that is at this point.

bsaza2358
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
After Week 1 when the team lost Jackson and Weaver plus concussions to Bradley and Kolb, I sat on the phone with my mom and dad (we talk after every game). I told them that the season was over, and the best we could hope for for the Eagles was 8-8. I felt like the defense was not good enough, the OLine was leaky, and that the team wouldn't run enough to protect any QB. I had no faith in Vick.

Fast forward to Sunday: The OLine was leaky, the defense as not good enough, and the team didn't run enough, especially after DeSean went out with the knee injury. The Packers were a terrible matchup for the Eagles, and they executed just enough.

All in all, a season that represented a lot of growth from young players (Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Chaney, Allen, Dunlap, Laws, Dixon, Clay Harbor, and Coleman), plus some additional potential from guys like Lindley and Graham. The team needs better interior OLine and more oomph from the 4 man pass rush at the very least. Ernie Simms is fast, but he's in the wrong place too often. The team needs another starting caliber CB. They could use a decent backup RB, but that can be found on the cheap. They are well positioned to have a pretty strong 2011 season, should the young pieces come back, should Vick continue his progress and his hard work, and should they avoid injuries.

bsaza2358
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't give a ton of creedance to the Nnamdi rumors. While I said privately that I wanted the Eagles to go after him, it's not like the team to release their priorities ahead of the offseason. Usually, they target a guy (or guys) and have them come in on Day 1, then have him signed by 12 PM that day. If they wanted someone, they'd keep it quiet on the big media channels. The source of the rumor is probably not in the inner circle, or it's the agent trying to create buzz and demand.

That being said, I'd love for them to get Nnamdi Asomugha. He fits in any scheme. With all the weapons available in the NFC East and NFL, he is something that the team can certainly use. If that means letting Mikell go and starting Coleman and Allen next year, I'd be okay with that.

eaglesalltheway
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
After Week 1 when the team lost Jackson and Weaver plus concussions to Bradley and Kolb, I sat on the phone with my mom and dad (we talk after every game). I told them that the season was over, and the best we could hope for for the Eagles was 8-8. I felt like the defense was not good enough, the OLine was leaky, and that the team wouldn't run enough to protect any QB. I had no faith in Vick.

Fast forward to Sunday: The OLine was leaky, the defense as not good enough, and the team didn't run enough, especially after DeSean went out with the knee injury. The Packers were a terrible matchup for the Eagles, and they executed just enough.

All in all, a season that represented a lot of growth from young players (Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Chaney, Allen, Dunlap, Laws, Dixon, Clay Harbor, and Coleman), plus some additional potential from guys like Lindley and Graham. The team needs better interior OLine and more oomph from the 4 man pass rush at the very least. Ernie Simms is fast, but he's in the wrong place too often. The team needs another starting caliber CB. They could use a decent backup RB, but that can be found on the cheap. They are well positioned to have a pretty strong 2011 season, should the young pieces come back, should Vick continue his progress and his hard work, and should they avoid injuries.

This post pretty much sums up how I felt after week one and after last week. I am excited for this upcoming few seasons, getting Jackson and Weaver back healthy will be huge, hopefully they, and others, can stay healthy. I don't think we are going to need a backup RB though (Harrison is still under contract, I think), and he did a good job when given the opportunity. If they would draft a backup RB, though, I don't think it would be smart to use a pick on a RB until the fourth round or later. We don't use our #1 RB enough to warrant more that a fourth round pick on a backup RB.

In a perfect world, the Eagles would sign Aso, draft a RG like Pouncey and a CB to hopefully take over after either Asante or Aso would slow down, but I doubt that'll happen. The way it is shaping up right now, I expect the Eagles to make a few minor signings and with the draft are in a better position to find a Guard in the first than a CB that would make an impact, but who knows at this point, especially with the CBA situation up in the air.

Go_Eagles77
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather draft a RT like Carimi than a RG now. Winston Justice might be more of a liability than a guy like Max Jean-Gilles.

bsaza2358
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I am frankly comfortable with Dunlap at the RT, if need be. It is abundantly clear that a new RG is needed. CB is pretty much a clear issue, and there's no way the team isn't going to address it. Don't discount Lindley becoming a player for this team. At one point, he was a borderline first rounder. He has the talent to be something.

Go_Eagles77
01-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I definitely agree that RG is still a big need, I've been on the Marcus Cannon bandwagon for a while. I'm just starting to come around to the idea of getting a guy who can be a very good player at that RT spot for us for years to come, a la Jon Runyan, and I don't think Justice or Dunlap is that guy. The fact that the RT protects Michael Vick's blindside makes it even more important IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the eagles address both RG and RT in the first 2-3 rounds.

Go_Eagles77
01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
So the eagles have fired Sean McDermott (thank God). Who are some potential replacements?

Edit: I'm expecting Jauron to be the guy, but I'm really hoping this means they are entertaining switching to a 3-4. This would be the perfect year to make the move with all the 3-4 ends at the top of the draft.

DE - Might be able to get a guy like Cullen Jenkins or Shaun Ellis in FA and/or a rookie like Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Jordan, JJ Watt, etc. I think Bunkley and Laws could both play the position as well.
NT - Dixon is a great space-eater, would be the front runner.

OLB - Trent Cole and Brandon Graham were both projected as 3-4 OLBs coming out, would both need to drop some weight though. Ricky Sapp, DTN and Juqua could probably all play it as well. Not sure about Tapp.

ILB - Bradly and Chaney both look like starters in the NFL, maybe they could both start on the eagles. Fokou and Clayton could probably both do it as well.

I know this idea is very far fetched, just wanna throw it out there.

superman8456
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
If we entertain the idea of a 34, give me Rob Ryan as the DC.

eaglesalltheway
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
So the eagles have fired Sean McDermott (thank God). Who are some potential replacements?

Edit: I'm expecting Jauron to be the guy, but I'm really hoping this means they are entertaining switching to a 3-4. This would be the perfect year to make the move with all the 3-4 ends at the top of the draft.

DE - Might be able to get a guy like Cullen Jenkins or Shaun Ellis in FA and/or a rookie like Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Jordan, JJ Watt, etc. I think Bunkley and Laws could both play the position as well.
NT - Dixon is a great space-eater, would be the front runner.

OLB - Trent Cole and Brandon Graham were both projected as 3-4 OLBs coming out, would both need to drop some weight though. Ricky Sapp, DTN and Juqua could probably all play it as well. Not sure about Tapp.

ILB - Bradly and Chaney both look like starters in the NFL, maybe they could both start on the eagles. Fokou and Clayton could probably both do it as well.

I know this idea is very far fetched, just wanna throw it out there.

I don't like the idea of switching to the 3-4, we do have the personnel to make the DL work, but I am of the firm belief that Cole and graham (Graham especially) is best suited as a DE in the 4-3. As far as DEs on this roster who could play outside, Cole and Graham, could but they aren't great fits, the best fits on the roster for a 3-4 OLB are Sapp and DTN. Parker is also another guy that wouldn't benefit from the switch, and Tapp is also best served as a DE. If the team would switch to a 3-4, I would expect a pass rushing OLB to be added very early in the draft.

camp_eagles
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't like the idea of switching to the 3-4, we do have the personnel to make the DL work, but I am of the firm belief that Cole and graham (Graham especially) is best suited as a DE in the 4-3. As far as DEs on this roster who could play outside, Cole and Graham, could but they aren't great fits, the best fits on the roster for a 3-4 OLB are Sapp and DTN. Parker is also another guy that wouldn't benefit from the switch, and Tapp is also best served as a DE. If the team would switch to a 3-4, I would expect a pass rushing OLB to be added very early in the draft.

Agreed we could do a 3-4 but I would rather stay with the 4-3. We already have big needs on D we dont need more that would come with a scheme change.

Also I want Mike Pouncey in round one if Oline is the pick.

And could someone get Pete Jenkins on the phone now.

cunningham06
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Agreed we could do a 3-4 but I would rather stay with the 4-3. We already have big needs on D we dont need more that would come with a scheme change.

Also I want Mike Pouncey in round one if Oline is the pick.

And could someone get Pete Jenkins on the phone now.

Pouncey would be awesome. He's incredible at pulling and could be a mauler. I would fully support that pick.

SickwithIt1010
01-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Pouncey would be nice, but im really falling in love with the Carimi picks....I would love myself a big mauling right tackle who could dominate in the run game and protect Vick's blind side.

I also think that we are gonna get some extra picks for Kolb before the draft, which will help big time.

superman8456
01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
http://stats.chicago.cbslocal.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=21&type=rosters

McGlynn - 3 penalties for 20 yards, 4.5 sacks allowed (14 starts)
Cole - 3 penalties for 15 yards, 5 sacks allowed (7 starts)
Herremans - 6 penalties for 60 yards, 3.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
MJG - 2 penalties for 20 yards, 0 sacks allowed (10 starts)
Justice - 6 penalties for 45 yards, 7 sacks allowed (13 starts)
Peters - 7 penalties for 50 yards, 2 sacks allowed (13 starts)
Dunlap - 5 penalties for 50 yards, 6.5 sacks allowed (5 starts)

After looking at these numbers, I'd agree that right tackle is our biggest need on the offensive line. Sadly, this year is a terrible tackle class. I doubt Carimi is going to last until our pick. We might have to look at prospects: Demarcus Love, Marcus Cannon, and Nate Solder.

I still believe the biggest hole on this team is CB and I want to address CB much like how we addressed defensive end last year.

superman8456
01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
There a couple of rumors of who the Eagles are going after to fill their coaching staff right now. I've heard Jim Wasburn, Mike Trgovac, and Jim Mora Jr. linked to the DC job.

TitanHope
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
There a couple of rumors of who the Eagles are going after to fill their coaching staff right now. I've heard Jim Wasburn, Mike Trgovac, and Jim Mora Jr. linked to the DC job.

Noooooooooooooo!!!! You can't have him!!!! :'(

SickwithIt1010
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
http://stats.chicago.cbslocal.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=21&type=rosters

After looking at these numbers, I'd agree that right tackle is our biggest need on the offensive line. Sadly, this year is a terrible tackle class. I doubt Carimi is going to last until our pick. We might have to look at prospects: Demarcus Love, Marcus Cannon, and Nate Solder.

I still believe the biggest hole on this team is CB and I want to address CB much like how we addressed defensive end last year.

Tyron Smith :)

Quailman
01-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Jim Washburn's contract is up in Tennessee and he is going to be the DL coach in Philadelphia if the Eagles sign him, not a coordinator.

Link (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Eagles_talking_with_Washburn_for_DL_job.html)

A deal appears imminent, one source told The Inquirer.

Jim Wyatt, reporter in Tennessee says this (http://twitter.com/#!/jwyattsports/status/27585969918050306):
After talking to sources tonight I'll be surprised if #Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn doesn't leave for Eagles.

Let me just say congratulations on getting one of the best DL coaches in the league. Whoever pulled this off needs a medal, or a cupcake if said person is Andy Reid.

bsaza2358
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Andy Reid will definitely take the cupcake any day!

bsaza2358
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
But related to the 3-4, the team is lacking a legit NT. If you don't have 1-3 NT type players on your team, you have no chance of being a good 3-4 D. Look at the Redskins and how they struggled. They lacked the personnel in the interior to play effectively. Their DLine got dominated because there was no anchor. You need a Kris Jenkins/Casey Hampton in the middle to occupy blocks and collapse the pocket.

If the Eagles are going to a 3-4, they need to draft or acquire a NT or 3. You're also looking at Parker and Tapp being gone due to lack of fit, and probably Patterson on his way out because 3-4 DLinemen need to be stouter. He isn't that kind of player.

The more I think about it, the more I figure Jauron or Mora Jr. will be the DC, meaning a 4-3 defense.

bsaza2358
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Additionally, once the CBA expires, Kolb cannot be traded. You cannot trade players for picks in the 2011 draft. You cannot trade players for players. Any deal with Kolb would have to be completed after the CBA is renewed, so any picks accumulated for him would be 2012 picks at the very earliest.

brat316
01-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Any there any assistant coaches in the playoffs the Eagles may be interested in?

bsaza2358
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Assuming the Eagles are keeping their offensive coaches intact and are sticking with a 4-3, you're probably looking at Bears coaches. Don't see any changes coming on that end.

Fadetoblack
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Eagles officially sign Jim Washburn to be their DL coach.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc945d/article/eagles-hire-titans-washburn-to-be-defensive-line-coach?module=HP_headlines

He's going to turn Brandon Graham into a stud.

eaglesalltheway
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Eagles officially sign Jim Washburn to be their DL coach.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc945d/article/eagles-hire-titans-washburn-to-be-defensive-line-coach?module=HP_headlines

He's going to turn Brandon Graham into a stud.

He's going to help make the whole D-line that much better. He always seems to get the most out of his D-linemen. I hadn't heard much about him until yesterday, but looked into him and I think this will be a very good hire. This pretty much means that any switch to the 3-4 is out, thank god.

TitanHope
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Congrats on Wash, guys... :'(

H9nPf7w7pDI

DoughBoy
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Well congrats on getting the only good coach on the Titans defense...

:(

superman8456
01-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Now the big question is who will be the DC? I really, really don't want Mora or Jauron.

Edit: you also have to wonder who Washburn will bring in. Maybe Jason Babin or Albert Haynesworth.

cunningham06
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Now the big question is who will be the DC? I really, really don't want Mora or Jauron.

Edit: you also have to wonder who Washburn will bring in. Maybe Jason Babin or Albert Haynesworth.

A motivated Haynesworth would be incredible. Word is Mora wants to stick to broadcasting so Jauron looks like the most likely candidate.

superman8456
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
A motivated Haynesworth would be incredible. Word is Mora wants to stick to broadcasting so Jauron looks like the most likely candidate.

Jauron is looking like he will be the next DC and we will either bring in Dennis Allen or Mike Trgovac as our secondary coach.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like Dennis Allen, Saints DB coach, is being interviewed for the DC position.

bsaza2358
01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I love the hire of Washburn, but I'm not certain that it will result in any new personnel. He will be asked to improve on what is already here, especially at DE. The Eagles invested heavily in DE last year, and they need the right coach to get those guys playing with utmost intensity. Maybe the team could use another DT, but I doubt they're going to bring in Haynesworth. Reid has been burned by attitude problems in the past (TO), and I think he'll be reticent to move that forward. Also of concern is the condition of Haynesworth's knees. He missed time and had issues practicing due to knee problems the last 2 years in DC.

brat316
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Eagles also interviewing guy from Baltimore.

superman8456
01-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Eagles also interviewing guy from Baltimore.

EaglesInsider just reported than the Eagles in fact have not contacted the Dan Peas.

In other news, Chuck Cecil isn't going to be retained by the Titans, so he just became my #2 candidate only following Dennis Allen.

brat316
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Why would you want Chuck? He wasn't very good.

cunningham06
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Agreed I've heard nothing but negative comments about him from Titans fans who are happy to see him leave.

SickwithIt1010
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Not going to be Jauron...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36255/browns-name-jauron-defensive-coordinator

Todd Bertuzzi
01-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Jeff Fisher for DC please.

SickwithIt1010
01-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Jeff Fisher for DC please.

John Clayton just said its a definite possibility. Supposedly Reid has closed the search for a DC and there is talk Fish could be the guy. Reid might not be there a whole lot longer and I would love if Jeff Fisher were to take over.

Go_Eagles77
01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Since Fisher looks extremely unlikely now, if not totally out of the equation, I'm still hoping for Winston Moss, who is currently the assistant HC/ILB coach for the packers. He's been one of my top candidates since McDermott got fired and the fact that the eagles seem to be waiting so long tells me it's still a possibility. I can't see Trgovac being the guy considering he seems happy where he is right now, and the eagles already got one of the best DL coaches in the league, so why add another DL specialist as DC? I would love a guy who can develop and scout great LBs running the defense, as opposed to a guy who gets a hard-on over Ernie Sims running around in shorts and acts like he's the next Derrick Brooks.

Umoro
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Here's my four point plan detailing the set of moves I will expect to see from the Eagles in this offseason if I am to continue believing that they are interested in winning:

1. Release/cut Ernie Sims - I think this move speaks for itself. He is simply a below-replacement-level player who was terrible in Detriot and played terribly in Philadelphia. Whoever was responsible for trading a 5th round pick for this player is a terrible judge of talent, but that's a story for another time. After showing that he is incapable of playing LB in the NFL for three consecutive years and for two different organizations, it's clear to everyone that he simply will never learn the position. If Ernie Sims is still on the roster going into training camp this offseason, then I will know with certainty that the organization is not committed to fielding the best possible team.

2. Re-sign Quintin Mikell - Yes, he's 30 years old, and yes, Kurt Coleman has shown signs that he is capable of playing strong safety in the NFL at an above-average level, but nevertheless, Mikell is clearly a top 5 safety in this league. He's one of the few arguably "impact" players the Eagles even have on defense. Profootballfocus.com rates him as their highest-rated safety in the NFL against both the run and the pass, even edging out Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu. He also provides a smart, veteran presence to the locker room. If the Eagles don't resign Mikell, they will needlessly be diluting the talent level on their roster. Relying on a second year 7th round draft pick as their premiere strong safety would be foolish. Despite being 30 years old, Mikell most definitely has at least three or four years of high level play left in him. I would understand letting him walk if he were, say, 33 or 34, but at 30, they need to keep him on board for at least one more contract extension.

3. Sign an impact free agent after the CBA is finalized - Obviously, no free agents can be signed until the details of the CBA is hammered out, but if/when that happens, I need to see the Eagles sign at least *one* impact free agent. Last year some guys were available that could have helped the team, but the Eagles didn't bother doing anything of note in free agency. This year must be different. There are several highly desireable free agent options this year in every area of need for the Eagles: CB, LB, and OL. I don't care if they decide to bolster the offensive line by signing, say, Logan Mankins, or if they want to strengthen their secondary by signing Nhammdi Asomugha or Jonathan Joseph, or if they want to sign a stud LB such as Chad Greenway - they need to pick one of the premier free agents available at any one of those positions (CB, LB, OL) and sign him. If they don't sign at least *one* impact free agent if given the opportunity, I will be skeptical of their commitment to winning.

4. Stay with the 4-3 defensive front. This may seem obvious, but it's extremely important. Many people are clamoring for a switch to the 3-4 defense because of all of the success that style has had in recent years in the NFL. Switching now would be disastrous for the Eagles. They have just hired a premiere 4-3 defensive line coach in Jim Washburn, and they have stocked their roster full of 4-3 defensive linemen who would be lost in a 3-4. Again, this move is not very likely to happen, and they will probably stay with the 4-3 front, but if they somehow inexplicably decide to switch in this offseason, they will be wasting the skills of their new defensive line coach and all of their most recent draft picks. I believe that they can still run a 4-3 and, with the right coaching and maybe 1-2 additional impact player, can field a top 5 defense. Don't give into temptation and switch to the 3-4. If they do, I will question the decision-making ability of the team and will seriously question their ability to assemble a winning team.

bsaza2358
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Here's my four point plan detailing the set of moves I will expect to see from the Eagles in this offseason if I am to continue believing that they are interested in winning:

1. Release/cut Ernie Sims - I think this move speaks for itself. He is simply a below-replacement-level player who was terrible in Detriot and played terribly in Philadelphia. Whoever was responsible for trading a 5th round pick for this player is a terrible judge of talent, but that's a story for another time. After showing that he is incapable of playing LB in the NFL for three consecutive years and for two different organizations, it's clear to everyone that he simply will never learn the position. If Ernie Sims is still on the roster going into training camp this offseason, then I will know with certainty that the organization is not committed to fielding the best possible team.

I give Roseman and Reid credit for trying to take a player who is fast and plays downhill to join the defense in a potential area of need. I felt like the price was right to get the guy. That being said, I saw Simms out of position and overrunning plays much of the second half of the season. He was not put in positions to succeed, and he made himself and others look bad by overpursuing and not holding his gaps. This led to tons of extra yards on runs. Not to mention he didnt get to the QB when he blitzed. He has to go. Agree absolutely. Would rather see Chaney or Bradley in this role next year.

2. Re-sign Quintin Mikell - Yes, he's 30 years old, and yes, Kurt Coleman has shown signs that he is capable of playing strong safety in the NFL at an above-average level, but nevertheless, Mikell is clearly a top 5 safety in this league. He's one of the few arguably "impact" players the Eagles even have on defense. Profootballfocus.com rates him as their highest-rated safety in the NFL against both the run and the pass, even edging out Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu. He also provides a smart, veteran presence to the locker room. If the Eagles don't resign Mikell, they will needlessly be diluting the talent level on their roster. Relying on a second year 7th round draft pick as their premiere strong safety would be foolish. Despite being 30 years old, Mikell most definitely has at least three or four years of high level play left in him. I would understand letting him walk if he were, say, 33 or 34, but at 30, they need to keep him on board for at least one more contract extension.

I have no problem with signing Mikell, but I will note that we have no idea what the CBA will be in terms of salary cap, etc. I have spoken to signing Vick and DJax long term as more important priorities than getting Mikell back into the fold. While I appreciate his work as a leader and a stalwart on D, Im not looking at him as a must sign ahead of the other 2. Vick and DeSean need to be taken care of first. They would be bigger losses to the franchise. If the team can sign the other 2 and still have room to give Mikell a reasonable 2-3 year deal that represents his value, Im all for it. Long term, I have a feeling like Allen and Coleman will be the guys manning the back end of the D.

3. Sign an impact free agent after the CBA is finalized - Obviously, no free agents can be signed until the details of the CBA is hammered out, but if/when that happens, I need to see the Eagles sign at least *one* impact free agent. Last year some guys were available that could have helped the team, but the Eagles didn't bother doing anything of note in free agency. This year must be different. There are several highly desireable free agent options this year in every area of need for the Eagles: CB, LB, and OL. I don't care if they decide to bolster the offensive line by signing, say, Logan Mankins, or if they want to strengthen their secondary by signing Nhammdi Asomugha or Jonathan Joseph, or if they want to sign a stud LB such as Chad Greenway - they need to pick one of the premier free agents available at any one of those positions (CB, LB, OL) and sign him. If they don't sign at least *one* impact free agent if given the opportunity, I will be skeptical of their commitment to winning.

Again, we have no idea what the new CBA will bring or how FA will be affected. What we do know is that there will be upwards of 400 free agents this year. The Eagles have a long history under Reid/Banner of targeting specific FAs to bring in early. They go get the guys they want and have them in and under contract on Day 1 of FA. See Runyan, Kearse, Samuel, etc. The Eagles will be pretty quiet about their intentions re: FA, then they will pounce. If you see a big ticket guy flying to Philly on Day 1, he is almost certainly signing.

4. Stay with the 4-3 defensive front. This may seem obvious, but it's extremely important. Many people are clamoring for a switch to the 3-4 defense because of all of the success that style has had in recent years in the NFL. Switching now would be disastrous for the Eagles. They have just hired a premiere 4-3 defensive line coach in Jim Washburn, and they have stocked their roster full of 4-3 defensive linemen who would be lost in a 3-4. Again, this move is not very likely to happen, and they will probably stay with the 4-3 front, but if they somehow inexplicably decide to switch in this offseason, they will be wasting the skills of their new defensive line coach and all of their most recent draft picks. I believe that they can still run a 4-3 and, with the right coaching and maybe 1-2 additional impact player, can field a top 5 defense. Don't give into temptation and switch to the 3-4. If they do, I will question the decision-making ability of the team and will seriously question their ability to assemble a winning team.

I toyed with the idea of the Eagles switching to a 3-4. My reasoning was that switching Foiku, Chaney, and Bradley in the Mike/Ted roles, plus Graham and Cole on the outside would work. Then you shift Bunk/Laws/Patterson, and Dixon at the DE spots and sign 2 NTs. As soon as they signed Washburn as the DL coach, I knew that the 4-3 was staying. Im fine with it, provided the team brings in the right kind of DC candidate. I was much more in favor of the pressure schemes of JJ and would like to get back to that. There are plenty of guys out there who can coach this defense. I agree that it will be a 4-3 D for at least 2011.

Go_Eagles77
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Juan Castillo is eagles' new defensive coordinator. Howard Mudd replaces him as O-Line coach.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

WTF?

eaglesalltheway
02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Juan Castillo is eagles' new defensive coordinator. Howard Mudd replaces him as O-Line coach.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

WTF?

I'm confused as hell by this too, it is a really strange move. Castillo has a history of playing LB and was a defensive coach 20 ago (but that's 20 years ago), and I fully believe he knows his **** when it comes to defenses, but it just stirkes me as strange. I really don't know how to feel about this move, because I have very little information or data to base it off of. All I know is Castillo is a hell of a teacher, I always like listening to him work the linemen (and the D-linemen in the 1-on-1 drills) and if he can keep that type of teachingfor the D, we should do well on that side of the ball. Who knows how it will work out at this point though.

cunningham06
02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I always have been a huge fan of Castillo and his ability to develop young talent. This is an extremely odd move, I don't think any of us were expecting this, but I think if anyone can do it Castillo can. At least he will have some guys with excellent experience like Washburn on staff.

camp_eagles
02-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I always have been a huge fan of Castillo and his ability to develop young talent. This is an extremely odd move, I don't think any of us were expecting this, but I think if anyone can do it Castillo can. At least he will have some guys with excellent experience like Washburn on staff.

I believe a good coach is a good coach and like you said if anyone can do its Juan. Im really happy with the Mudd signing though.

DoughBoy
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Washburn and Mudd???? I hope you guys realize that you have the two best line coaches in all of football.

superman8456
02-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I was just mind ****** by that move. In no way does it make sense to me to make Juan Castillo our defensive coordinator. I thought there were a lot better candidates.

Does he keep the 43? Is he gonna run a cover 2? I have so many questions right now and very little answers.

camp_eagles
02-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I have so many questions right now and very little answers.

Its the Eagles you will always have little to no answers.

eaglesalltheway
02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Washburn and Mudd???? I hope you guys realize that you have the two best line coaches in all of football.

Yeah, it makes the Washburn signing even bigger now, without him, I doubt we would've gotten Mudd. I'm looking forward to improved play from all of our big uglies over the next few years.

bsaza2358
02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
In 1977, Notre Dame hired a defensive coordinator who had never been a coach on the defensive side of the ball. His prior experience included TE coach and QB coach. His name: Jimmy Johnson. That ended up working out pretty well.

eaglesalltheway
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
This is a video Jamar Chaney posted, its a closer look at our new DC...

rp-ifMyyMhU

I know he works hard, but hearing it from him first hand and some of Gruden's comments help make you realize what he's done and how much work he puts in.

bsaza2358
02-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Of course he puts in a ton of work. It's just a matter of what kind of defensive philosophy he wants to impart to his players and how he wants them to play. Given that he has no game film on any of his schemes, the Eagles should have a decided advantage over its opponents for the first 2-3 games next year.

eagles_fan_7
02-03-2011, 08:57 PM
eagles will do good this year thats coming juan castillo will be a huge suprise like vick was

frubulubu
02-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure about this move honestly but I'm sure Reid knows what he is doing.

bsaza2358
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Reid has made very few coaching hire mistakes in his tenure. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on Castillo. However, if the team does not improve on D, Reid could be out of a job.

brat316
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Reid has made very few coaching hire mistakes in his tenure. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on Castillo. However, if the team does not improve on D, Reid could be out of a job.

I definitely see this happening. Even if they don't go far into the playoffs, I mean NFCC game far. He has been around for what now 11/12 years superbowl 1 time. I know he keeps putting out playoff teams and he is a great coach for that, but not everyone is like the Rooney's who stick with their coach for years.

bsaza2358
02-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Also, he has a lot of power, but Roseman is now the guy running the show. GM's tend to want to bring in their own guys. Roseman is a gambler by nature. Reid is not untouchable at this point. The team has a super bowl offense, and the problem stemmed a lot from the defense, both from a talent perspective and from a game planning/execution standpoint. Since Reid makes final calls on personnel, that falls on him as well.

frubulubu
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Just read on twitter that Larry Fitzgerald wants Kolb as the QB in Arizona.

SickwithIt1010
02-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Yeah, the story is on espn as well! ship him on over! :)

cunningham06
02-07-2011, 01:36 AM

Let the bidding war begin!

frubulubu
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Ok this is crazy now... There now saying that Gruden will be named head coach of the Eagles on tuesday.

brat316
02-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok this is crazy now... There now saying that Gruden will be named head coach of the Eagles on tuesday.

hhahah that would be funny as shiiit. probably some jackasss wrote it on bleacher report.

bsaza2358
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
The rumor was going pretty bonkers on the blogosphere, and the Eagles felt inclined to release a statement saying it wasn't true. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

SickwithIt1010
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
The only scenario id see Gruden coming in was if Reid was leaving after this season. Gruden isnt coaching anywhere this year.

bsaza2358
02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
The rumor was that Gruden was coming in to replace Reid, who had a mysterious personal issue to deal with. So the entire coaching staff was in place, and Gruden was going to come in. Makes no sense. If Reid was leaving, they'd bring Gruden in before hiring the new DC. Additionally, Reid stayed with the Eagles even when 2 of his sons were going through horrible crises. It was all bunk all the time.

SickwithIt1010
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
The rumor was that Gruden was coming in to replace Reid, who had a mysterious personal issue to deal with. So the entire coaching staff was in place, and Gruden was going to come in. Makes no sense. If Reid was leaving, they'd bring Gruden in before hiring the new DC. Additionally, Reid stayed with the Eagles even when 2 of his sons were going through horrible crises. It was all bunk all the time.

I dont know how long Reid is going to be around, so who knows. I would like to him to stay, I like AR a lot, but hes been coaching for a long time.

Like i said, the only way i see Gruden coming in would be after this season.

bsaza2358
02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
If the Eagles regress this season or fail to get out of the first round when the team is fully healthy, then it might be time for the team to make a change. Roseman is a gambler, and Reid is not "his" guy. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if the team made a change.

Gruden would be a pretty strong choice, given his ties to the organization, the West Coast philosophy, and the fact that he has a ring already.

I like Reid as well. He has had a really strong 12 year run with the Eagles. I'm not ready to see him go just yet.

bsaza2358
02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Several former Eagles are now in the fold as coaches:

Mike Zordich is now the Safeties coach. Mike Caldwell is now the LB coach. Duce Staley is the RB coach. Doug Pederson is the QB coach.

Zordich was a technician who got by on anticipation and technique when he was a player. I think he can only help the development of the

Caldwell had 2 years under JJ as a player and worked on sub packages. I recall him being a sound tackler and understood the timing on blitzes well. He will be a strong addition.

Pederson was destined to be a coach from the start. Reid mentored him in GB and made him the starter in 1999. He knows the Holmgren/Reid WCO very well, and he knows plenty about being a QB in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Staley was always a heady player. He knows the Reid offense and what is expected. Adding him as a mentor to Shady will only help.

I like that these former players are in position specific roles for the team. It shows that Reid is refilling the pipeline. He has lost so many coaches already to OC/DC and HC roles, he needs to continue to recruit the appropriate talent.

eaglesalltheway
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Several former Eagles are now in the fold as coaches:

Mike Zordich is now the Safeties coach. Mike Caldwell is now the LB coach. Duce Staley is the RB coach. Doug Pederson is the QB coach.

Zordich was a technician who got by on anticipation and technique when he was a player. I think he can only help the development of the

Caldwell had 2 years under JJ as a player and worked on sub packages. I recall him being a sound tackler and understood the timing on blitzes well. He will be a strong addition.

Pederson was destined to be a coach from the start. Reid mentored him in GB and made him the starter in 1999. He knows the Holmgren/Reid WCO very well, and he knows plenty about being a QB in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Staley was always a heady player. He knows the Reid offense and what is expected. Adding him as a mentor to Shady will only help.

I like that these former players are in position specific roles for the team. It shows that Reid is refilling the pipeline. He has lost so many coaches already to OC/DC and HC roles, he needs to continue to recruit the appropriate talent.

I saw that Deuce was more of a quality control coach, but perhaps my reports I read were wrong, either way though, he isn't really an "addition" (he was here last year as a coaching intern), so he is just moving up in the organization. Its nice that he is sticking around and will be able to help Shady and the other RBs even more.

BeerBaron
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/11/eagles-expected-to-sign-cfls-leading-pass-rusher/

Unfair. I loved Phillip Hunt coming out. Him and Brandon Graham is just too much of teh sex.

bsaza2358
02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...

eaglesalltheway
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...

I do expect a marked jump in the level of play of the defense, as long as they can stay healthy. Remember, we didn't really see the secondary as anywhere near as big an issue until Nate Allen was injured (also helped mask that our front 4 weren't getting enough pressure on QBs). He helped cover up some of the issues at LCB last year, despite being a rookieWith Washburn, I expect the DL to improve, Bradley will be fully healed, as well as the rest of the LB corp having more experience. If Nate Allen recovers well, he should improve as he has his rookie year behind him.

Zello
02-18-2011, 07:31 AM
The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.

eaglesalltheway
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.

I'm not saying his injury was the problem, but while he was healthy, he helped mask the issues that were present at the LCB position, and as soon as he went down, his security blanket in Allen was gone and it exposed him more. I am fully aware of the gaping hole at LCB, but Allen helped mask it and made up for the deficiencies there while he was in.

tenorx
02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
What do you guys think of the role of Brandon Graham next season? He disappointed me so far, and the ACL is also a big questin mark for him and now the signing of Hunt, I don't know how much playtime he'll get.

Go_Eagles77
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't know if he'll be 100% at all next season, but I'm excited to see what Jim Washburn does with him when he can play. Also, what does Phillip Hunt have to do with how much PT Graham gets? Hunt is far from a lock to make the roster, let alone start.

tenorx
02-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)

Zello
02-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)

The Eagles desperately want to have what other 4-3 teams have: i.e. a decent pass rush with just four guys up front.

They're just trying to throw s*** against the wall and see what sticks. That's why they've drafted like 50 billion DEs in the past few years and signed 30 million more. Eventually, they hope, one of these guys will work out.

bsaza2358
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Getting pressure with just 4 is a good thing to have, but it's not the only thing. These same DLinemen also have to hold up against the run. While I would certainly like a better push up front, there are multiple areas where the Eagles could improve, from CB to LB to G to C to RT. There are a lot of options out there.

Bigp5437
03-13-2011, 11:53 PM
*checks thread pulse*

Helloooooooooooooooooo

Any new developments out there? Feelings about the lockout, especially pertaining to our draft? Where is everybody :(

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
*checks thread pulse*

Helloooooooooooooooooo

Any new developments out there? Feelings about the lockout, especially pertaining to our draft? Where is everybody :(

Not really any news that I've heard of, at least pertaining to the Eagles anyway. I'm hoping they can get the lockout figured out before the draft comes (not expecting it though) so everyone can move on, do some FA work, and nail the draft. With no major personnell changes allowed, the team needs still remain the same, I'm hoping we can land a top O-linemen or CB, but we'll see.

cunningham06
03-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Reid's saying there's a first on the table for Kolb.

I am dumbfounded that any GM could be that stupid.

PhillyBirds25
04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey fellas, just daydreaming Mock scenarios and wanted to see what you guys thought of this scenario. Lets say the lockout is lifted before the draft.

We trade Kolb to Seattle for their 1st rounder #25 overall and 4th rounder. This is what I do after:

Trade our 1st #23 overall to Cincy or ARI for their 2nd and 3rd rounders (they want to trade back into the first for a QB), then I draft like this-

1. Jimmy Smith: stud
2. Stephen Paea: drops due to tearing his lateral meniscus in his right knee
2. Stefen Wisniewski: stud
3. James Carpenter: real good RT prospect who can play guard too
3. DeMarco Murray: explosive player who can do it all, run/catch/KR, pair him with McCoy and let them go nuts
4. K.J Wright: big SLB
4. Robert Sands :Real interesting player that can ball
4. Greg Romeus: Steal once he gets healthy
5. Deunta Williams: Drops due to injury but a real good player and I think we need 2 more safeties since the eagles will probably let Mikell walk.

Rip away!

cunningham06
04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Seems like Jimmy Smith's the consensus favorite for our pick in this years draft. Who are the other guys yall wouldn't mind seeing?

I like Gabe Carimi and Akeem Ayers as alternatives if there's a big run on CB's.

GaMeTiMe
04-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Seems like Jimmy Smith's the consensus favorite for our pick in this years draft. Who are the other guys yall wouldn't mind seeing?

I like Gabe Carimi and Akeem Ayers as alternatives if there's a big run on CB's.

Muhammad Wilkerson can't be counted out, if available. I know we're pretty deep along the D-line but Washburn and Reid have got to be in love with this kid and he's the type of player I can almost see them wanting to trade up for.

In reality, he probably won't be available and Smith will be the pick. Either way, I'm convinced we're getting a top-10 player in this class.

Five guys I can see us picking in different rounds are Jimmy Smith, Mason Foster, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Will Rackley and Alex Green. In order to get all five by the early 4th we'd need a trade somewhere but we have the extra picks needed to do so.

JBCX
04-13-2011, 09:38 PM
The Eagles have to take either OL or CB in the first round. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It has to be one of the following, if they stay at 23 and none of the big name guys drop into range: Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris, Aaron Williams, Gabe Carimi, Anthony Costanzo, or Derrek Sherrod.

cunningham06
04-14-2011, 02:33 AM
I am a big fan of Carimi and Sherrod as well. In Kirwan's latest mock he has us taking Nate Solder. I would be so upset if we wasted our first round pick on that scrub.

SickwithIt1010
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I am a big fan of Carimi and Sherrod as well. In Kirwan's latest mock he has us taking Nate Solder. I would be so upset if we wasted our first round pick on that scrub.

That scrub? lol.

That scrub only gave up one sack this past season.

cunningham06
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
That scrub? lol.

That scrub only gave up one sack this past season.

I hate Solder as a prospect, he's not that powerful and can't anchor. IMO he has no business being picked in the first round. I would take Sherrod over him every time, ESPECIALLY at RT. I would be extremely unhappy if that were the pick.

One sack all season? I count two sacks just from this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VBKVmhyAo

SickwithIt1010
04-14-2011, 06:42 PM
He had 18 knockdown/finish blocks three times (CSU, Hawai'i and Kansas State) and had 15 against the vaunted Nebraska defense, with a team-high 142 total (at least six in all 12 games). He also had 10 touchdown blocks, allowed just one quarterback sack and three pressures while being flagged for just one penalty.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114291

PhillyBirds25
04-20-2011, 12:03 AM
New Mock Draft Idea For Eagles:

Sitting at #23 we are in an unique position. 3 top names of potential draftees have been associated by most us eagles fans: Carimi, J.Smith and Paea.

Carimi might be gone by #23, but if he's not it could be a wasteful pick in the 1st RD because of the depth at RG/RT prospects in the 2nd round. Carimi is not going to come in here and start on the blind side at RT, no way. Justice played hurt last year and he just signed a big contract, that's his job. What we need is a draftee who can come in and play RG to start out his career then slide to RT if Justice is ineffective or hurt. Players like Cannon, Ijalana, Carpenter and Franklin all can play both RG and RT. These are some damn good players and it would be a shame not to take advantage of the 2nd round depth at RG/RT.

J.Smith: I've come to the conclusion if he checks out he is long gone before our pick. If he drops to #23 there is no way we touch him because that would mean there is a lot of truth behind his character issues to make such a talent drop so far. This is also a position that we will target hard and find a starter via FA whenever that is. Doesn't necessarily mean Nnamdi but we will sign a starting caliber CB opposite of Asante via FA, bank on it.

Paea is a interesting player at an interesting position. He's similar to Bunkley coming out, though Bunkley was a much more established player and prospect. Paea would be a reach at #23 and I feel he will slip into the early second of the draft. I think we need to give Bunkley and Laws a chance with Washburns coaching and new system. I think both players will shine in this new defensive scheme. Mike Patterson is another guy who needs to lose all that weight he gained, get back to the 290's and utilize that speed in Washburns new look d-line.

So we sit here at #23 overall. The phones will be ringing off the hook with teams trying to trade back in to draft a falling QB. We must take advantage of this opportunity while looking at the board (granted no big name has dropped) and seeing a guy with huge character issues, another guy a reach, and then we have Carimi which would be a misuse in proper draft strategy. Too much value in the 2nd at that position to take a guy like him in the first.

Our best trading proper could be our rival, the Washington Redskins. They can't reach and draft their QB at #10, especially with huge defensive needs. But they also can't trade back into the first with their 2nd rounder because they have no 3rd rounder. I just know Shanny loves Jake Locker and believes he's a perfect fit in his offense ala Cutler. I see the Redskins taking a stud defender or Julio Jones at #10 overall. Then I can see them trying to trade back into the first using their 2012 first rounder as bait. The skins aren't scared to make a big splash and trade away much needed picks, they also need to make sure to jump Pete Carrol and the Seahawks at #25 to secure Locker. This is where we come in. Since the Redskins don't have a 3rd or a 4th and a 2012 1st rounder for a 2011 first rounder will not cut it, they have to pony up. But they will get solid compensation back.

Draft Trades-

Eagles Trade: 1st (23), 3rd (85), 4th (120) and 2012 4th to Washington for their 2nd (41), 5th (144), 6-177 and 2012 first rounder

Since we lose a first this year we must attain more picks. So we trade back again-

Eagles Trade: 2nd (41) and 7th (227) to ATL for their 2nd (59), 3rd (91) and 6th (192)
Why: Atlanta is rumored to want to trade up to add playmakers for Matt Ryan. Trading from the bottom of the 2nd to the top allows them to select a premier playmaker that falls like Kyle Rudolph, Torrey Smith, Jonathan Baldwin or Titus Young. Losing just a late 3rd/6th is well worth the trade up.

Eagles Trade: 6th (177), 6th (192) and 2012 5th to NE for their 4th (125)
Why: Since 2006 NE has had 3 6th RD picks 3 different times which means they value multiple picks over 1 pick. They attain two 6th RD picks and a future 2012 5th rounder for a late 4th, 3 picks vs 1.

Draft-

2 (54) - Marcus Cannon - RG/RT - [2nd Options in order: Benjamin Ijalana, James Carpenter, Orlando Franklin]
2 (59) - Stefen Wisniewski - C
3 (91) - DeMarco Murray - RB - [2nd Option: Taiwan Jones]
4 (104) - K.J Wright - OLB
4 (125) - Robert Sands - S
5 (144) - Deunta Williams - S - [2nd Option: Jaiquawn Jarret]
5 (149) - Sione Fua - DT - [2nd Option: Cedric Thornton]
5 (153) - Buster Skrine - CB - [2nd Options in order: Rashad Carmichael, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Kendric Burney]
7 (comp) - Tyrod Taylor - QB - [2nd Option: Greg McElroy]
7 (comp) - Schuylar Oordt - TE

Now I know you're all looking at the first 3 picks, and they're all offense...this is why: There will be a Free Agency, so there's no way we draft a rookie 2nd RD CB then expect him to come in and start day one. There's also very little chance a rookie DT comes in and unseats our top 4 DT's (Dixon, Bunkley, Laws, Patterson). So we take advantage of the mid rounds then we attack Free Agency. We go hard after our starting CB (Nnamdi, Joseph, Marshall, Grimes, Cromartie) and we go after Jason Babin. We have plenty of money so those 2 defensive picks through FA will not be a problem. With a FA CB and DE our line and secondary is set. We re-sign Bradley and move him to SLB, Chaney to MLB, and Clayton to WLB. We can also bring 2nd tier defensive help via FA once we sign our starting CB and Babin.

Then once the lockout is lifted we trade Kolb for a future 1st and some change. In 2012 we would be looking at 3 first round picks, Washingtons should be very high as well.

Call me crazy, but this is what I'd love to pull off.

What yah think fellas?

Babylon
04-20-2011, 12:41 AM
^

I like your idea about trading with the Skins but the chances that Locker gets buy the Titans (8th), Vikings (12th), Dolphins (15th), Jags (16th), and Pats (via trade at 17) is slim and getting slimmer each day._

PhillyBirds25
04-20-2011, 01:26 AM
^

I like your idea about trading with the Skins but the chances that Locker gets buy the Titans (8th), Vikings (12th), Dolphins (15th), Jags (16th), and Pats (via trade at 17) is slim and getting slimmer each day._

Thank you, but no way I think the Titans pick him at 8. If Vikings go QB it will be Mallet. The Phins will look to address RB with Ingram in most cases and the Jags have huge defensive needs that can be addressed with a stud like Kerrigan.

I see pick #23 has the perfect trade up spot for teams looking to jump back in for a QB because teams will want to jump Seattle at #25 but don't want to give up too much for moving up too high with a pick like #17.

Smash28Dash34
04-20-2011, 02:58 AM
I like the idea of them trading down and collecting more picks. The only thing I would change is to draft a WLB with their 3rd round pick. They can't possibly go through another season with that same group of LBs. Maybe take a shot at a guy like Dontay Moch.

frubulubu
04-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Draft day is finally here doods! Can't wait to see the end result of Thursdays draft. I'll check in and hopefully it's cheers we all share.

superman8456
04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, that pick is....interesting. I don't hate it, but I feel like it was such a reach and I'm sure they must have exhausted possible trade downs. Would've loved for the Saints to have traded with us.

Watkins is quite old, but I feel like he will be a solid contributor to an already talented offensive line.

cunningham06
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Damn! Horrible pick for value and need with Jimmy Smith on the board.

superman8456
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Damn! Horrible pick for value and need with Jimmy Smith on the board.

Jimmy Smith would have been a terrible pick. I think the biggest crime we committed was not trading up for Prince when he was in our grasp and not drafting Cameron Jordan at #23.

At least trade back to get Watkins. Or draft Carimi.

Jimmy Smith is not what our team needs right now. He's Aqib Talib 2.0 and thats not going to help us. Although he is quite talented, we can't afford to take a guy with such character concerns.

SickwithIt1010
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Jimmy Smith would have been a terrible pick. I think the biggest crime we committed was not trading up for Prince when he was in our grasp and not drafting Cameron Jordan at #23.

Jimmy Smith is not what our team needs right now. He's Aqib Talib 2.0 and thats not going to help us. Although he is quite talented, we can't afford to take a guy with such character concerns.

I kept waiting and waiting.

Maybe this means we will go hard after Aso in FA.

cunningham06
04-29-2011, 07:42 PM

It's our biggest position of need and Smith's a top 10 talent. His character concerns are overblown, and what Aqib Talib has been doing lately has 0 correlation with anything Jimmy Smith will do in the future. Brandon Flowers had character concerns too. A lot of CB's are assholes, that's expected, and many of them don't have squeaky clean records. I'm jealous of the Ravens, they got a real talent.

Now Jaiqwan Jarrett? I'm trying to give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt but what the hell are we doing? A safety? Not a strong position of need and a reach as well.

BaLLiN
05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
It's our biggest position of need and Smith's a top 10 talent. His character concerns are overblown, and what Aqib Talib has been doing lately has 0 correlation with anything Jimmy Smith will do in the future. Brandon Flowers had character concerns too. A lot of CB's are assholes, that's expected, and many of them don't have squeaky clean records. I'm jealous of the Ravens, they got a real talent.

Now Jaiqwan Jarrett? I'm trying to give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt but what the hell are we doing? A safety? Not a strong position of need and a reach as well.

Aqib Talib and Jimmy Smith both had concerns about drug abuse. Brandon Flowers's only concern was a picture on his facebook with alot of money in it, but it was never fully disclosed on what the money was for (stolen, drug money, etc.) that was overblown, whereas Jimmy smith's concerns definitely have some substance to them; 2 Abortions (being irresponsible), multiple failed drug tests.

Vick2Jackson
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
We really ****** up. Jarret in the 2nd? Henry in the 4th? Did we even pick up an impact player? a 27 year old rookie 23rd overall?

How the hell are going to stop Miles, Dez, Romo, Jones, and Demarco Murray?

villagewarrior
05-04-2011, 03:48 AM
I am not a fan of the Eagles draft, which sucks because I really like the Eagles and Andy Reid. Watkins to me is just not a first rounder. An older than average interior offensive line prospect? I'll pass. Jarrett is ok in the 2nd I guess, but I don't start to get excited about a prospect until Marsh in the 3rd and it'll likely be a while before he is able to contribute.

Casey Matthews has some playmaking ability and should contribute in the Eagle's defense but he is limited athletically and nowhere near the player Clay is. Dion Lewis and Lesean McCoy in the same backfield is intriguing and perhaps Havili will play the bruiser part. You can't knock two late round flyers on offensive linemen. Overall, I don't think the Eagles got very much out of their 11 picks. I don't think you'll be seeing much of this class for a while.

BamaFalcon59
05-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Watkins is a guard. Age doesn't matter. Most first rounders don't return to their squad, a guard likely will, and a guard with little wear on him like Watkins will play into his mid thirties.

Age is often-times overblown. Watkins is a day one starter who will be there for a while.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
We really ****** up. Jarret in the 2nd? Henry in the 4th? Did we even pick up an impact player? a 27 year old rookie 23rd overall?

How the hell are going to stop Miles, Dez, Romo, Jones, and Demarco Murray?

Im not scared of Romo or any of the other guys.

The eagles passing on Jimmy Smith in the 1st and Brandon Harris in the 2nd makes me think that they will go hard over Aso or Jonathan Joeseph when the time comes for Free Agency

superman8456
05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Watkins is a guard. Age doesn't matter. Most first rounders don't return to their squad, a guard likely will, and a guard with little wear on him like Watkins will play into his mid thirties.

Age is often-times overblown. Watkins is a day one starter who will be there for a while.

I agree with you on age being overblown, especially in this instance. Our offensive line isn't going to have the quality players that we have in place now for the next 5 years and Vick isn't going to be in his prime for the next 5 years. If we're gonna win, we're gonna do it now and RG was the one missing piece on the offensive line.

Vick2Jackson
05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Im not scared of Romo or any of the other guys.

The eagles passing on Jimmy Smith in the 1st and Brandon Harris in the 2nd makes me think that they will go hard over Aso or Jonathan Joeseph when the time comes for Free Agency

... lol you're not scared of any of their guys? A top 10 QB, a top 5 WR in Miles (when he was Romo) and probably the best young receiver in the game and will probably emerge as one of the top receivers period next year in Dez.... and two hoem run threats at running back. And you're "not scared". Not to mention we have Samuel who both Dez and Miles will physically abuse and the **** Patterson. Jarret at SS? Our best player in the secondary is Allen. We need to do something or NY and Dallas will continuously own us. Especially Dallas.

Put your bias aside.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2011, 08:42 PM
... lol you're not scared of any of their guys? A top 10 QB, a top 5 WR in Miles (when he was Romo) and probably the best young receiver in the game and will probably emerge as one of the top receivers period next year in Dez.... and two hoem run threats at running back. And you're "not scared". Not to mention we have Samuel who both Dez and Miles will physically abuse and the **** Patterson. Jarret at SS? Our best player in the secondary is Allen. We need to do something or NY and Dallas will continuously own us. Especially Dallas.

Put your bias aside.

Romo is a hack, I do not think Romo is a top 10 qb in this league and I think he is what really sets the Cowboys back.....Not scared. I can pick 10 guys in this league that I would pick before Romo and thats not an exaggeration

Dez cant stay on the field, whether it be injuries.....and hes always getting in trouble so who knows what the **** is going on with him.....not scared.

Miles Austin is good when he has a QB that can get him the ball.....so not scared.

They dont run the ball for some ******* reason, they think its more efficient to drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game, so why should i be worried of 2 home run threats that they dont use?

They dont have an offensive line worth the ****, so why should I be worried about their skill guys? The line is the first part that has to work for an offense, without them nothing else happens.

Not worried about the Cowgirls, our blitz schemes will cause problems for the cowboys line, a healthy Allen will help big time in the secondary and I expect us to make a push for one of the top FA CB's....if theres anyone in the east that scares me its the Giants because of their pass rush.

And just to name the 10

1) Peyton
2) Brady
3) Rodgers
4) Brees
5) Big Ben
6) Rivers
7) Ryan
8) Vick
9) Flacco
10) Cassel/Bradford/Cutler/Schaub?

****! i might even take Sanchez knowing the guy can win in the playoffs

all guys I would take over Romo if I was building a team.

cunningham06
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Romo is a hack, I do not think Romo is a top 10 qb in this league and I think he is what really sets the Cowboys back.....Not scared. I can pick 10 guys in this league that I would pick before Romo and thats not an exaggeration

Dez cant stay on the field, whether it be injuries.....and hes always getting in trouble so who knows what the **** is going on with him.....not scared.

Miles Austin is good when he has a QB that can get him the ball.....so not scared.

They dont run the ball for some ******* reason, they think its more efficient to drop back and throw the ball 35+ times a game, so why should i be worried of 2 home run threats that they dont use?

They dont have an offensive line worth the ****, so why should I be worried about their skill guys? The line is the first part that has to work for an offense, without them nothing else happens.

Not worried about the Cowgirls, our blitz schemes will cause problems for the cowboys line, a healthy Allen will help big time in the secondary and I expect us to make a push for one of the top FA CB's....if theres anyone in the east that scares me its the Giants because of their pass rush.

And just to name the 10

1) Peyton
2) Brady
3) Rodgers
4) Brees
5) Big Ben
6) Rivers
7) Ryan
8) Vick
9) Flacco

Flacco is trash ask Ravens fans. Romo is a very effective regular season qb, and is great at getting his WR's the ball. But like always after injury people forget about him. The playoffs are a different story. With our current cb's we will get torn apart with deep WR corps like the Cowboys and Giants have.

I think we're going to see a very strong push for Aso because right now CB is our biggest need.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Flacco is trash ask Ravens fans. Romo is a very effective regular season qb, and is great at getting his WR's the ball. But like always after injury people forget about him. The playoffs are a different story. With our current cb's we will get torn apart with deep WR corps like the Cowboys and Giants have.

I think we're going to see a very strong push for Aso because right now CB is our biggest need.

It wasnt his injury that I based my thoughts off of....I wasnt fond of the guy before he got hurt.

cunningham06
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
It wasnt his injury that I based my thoughts off of....I wasnt fond of the guy before he got hurt.

He's accurate, and a good athlete with good mobility. When he's healthy Eagles games against the Cowboys are usually shootouts. I'm not fond of the guy either but he's certainly not a qb you can discount as not being able to get the ball to his WR's.

LonghornsLegend
05-05-2011, 01:17 AM

And just to name the 10

1) Peyton
2) Brady
3) Rodgers
4) Brees
5) Big Ben
6) Rivers
7) Ryan
8) Vick
9) Flacco

I see what your saying, but it seems like you are just slighting Romo more due to the fact that he plays for the Cowboys especially since you have to reach to find 10 QB's better. Romo is a top 10 QB, if you don't put him there your putting guys in with huge question marks.

Matt Casell? Romo has had 3, arguably 4 seasons better then him already. Cassell still bombed in the playoffs also. Cutler is an INT machine and still has yet to show up in the playoffs but I can at least see an argument for him. Bradford is a rookie who could end up being a top 3 QB or just solid, things always look bright after 1 season to go off of. Schaub has been all about stats and actually is injury prone, them never making the playoffs has to fall mostly on his shoulders just like any other QB.

Then you have Joe Flacco. You don't think it's gonna be easier on any QB playing for the Ravens? With their defense keeping every team under 20 points look at how many scoring drives you would have to lead. Look at the security you would have once you got up in games. He's been asked to make very little plays ever and rely on the runnin game and defense while Romo and alot of these other QB's had to put the entire team on their back just to stay close.

None of those QB's have had a season throwing for 36 TD's like Romo(Cutler has yet to reach 30), has 2 seasons with a QB rating over 97, as well as the scrambling ability he provides and the ability to make plays. I don't know if he's gonna win a SB, but I just think if your not putting him in the top 10 your putting in guys who have alot more questions about their game then Romo, guys who haven't had nearly as good of individual seasons, or guys who have alot less of a smaller sampler size to evaluate their game off of.

Just my take though, don't wanna turn this thread about the Cowboys.

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I dont like the cowboys at all so that might lead to some of my hate for Romo, but I really dont think he is a top flight QB that so many people try to make him out to be. I feel that over the last couple years he has really been a product of what Garrett has been doing with the offense. I think that the Cowboys should be a running team with the amount of talent that they have in the backfield, but for some reason they find reasons to drop back and throw 30-35+ times a game, and i mean cmon, i could put up 3000 yd 30 td seasons doing that (BIG TIME EXAGGERATION) just trying to make a point.

I dont think the guy has what it takes to be a guy in this league and that might just be my opinion. There are a lot of QBs in this league that scare me a lot more than him, and part of that could be due to his offensive line....it might make him look worse (in my eyes) than he really is.

With my list those guys are players who I would rather start a franchise with over Romo. I may have reached with a couple, but not too much. I really think that the cowboys would be a force to be reckoned with if they had a different QB, they have too much talent to play the way they have.

RONALD5
05-05-2011, 04:37 AM
The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and The Way of All Flesh. He had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier; this made him the first Academy Award winner in history.

award nominees (http://www.ranker.com/fact-lists/award-nominees)

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and The Way of All Flesh. He had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier; this made him the first Academy Award winner in history.

award nominees (http://www.ranker.com/fact-lists/award-nominees)

Get out! Get the **** out!

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2011, 11:07 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=779&line=204177&spln=1

Eagles one of the top suitors for Aso...

....LETS GO!

frubulubu
05-06-2011, 11:08 PM
The draft was not what I envisioned but heck it's never what I envision. I have heard all the critics go positive and negative so I will gabe to wait and see.

igglefanz
07-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Well I guess I best revive some life into these boards. Kinda sad how quiet it is here.

I am still kinda in shock at the last few days. I think even though we have addressed a few needs there is still stuff to be done.

We need to get DJ signed and into camp asap.

The depth at LB is a bit of a concern I am a big Casey fan but he is taking all the snaps at 1st team MIKE and Chaney is playing on the outside both are projecting to be the 2 in the nickle package.

RT is still a glaring hole with Vick being a southpaw so hopefully we are not done there.

Now the pros I am seeing a few things as a huge plus.

Great DE rotation now with Cole and Babin with Graham coming back and still having Tapp and the import Hunt. DT i feel the same way, great depth and should be ready for the season there.

I am not going to gloat about the CB situation we have. Happy yes but still could change even if Asante is traded we have Hansen, Lindley and Marsh behind 2 great starters.

I am happy with the safeties we have. I think Allen and Coleman will be starters with Jarrett pushing Coleman for time and eventually starting. Not incredible depth but great young players that are going to made to look even better with what they have as of a pass rush and corners in front of them.

Now on offense I am happy with WR situation I think that Cooper and Avant are good enough to fill in what we need matching them with Jackson and Maclin as starters.

Running back I have to see what Havli offers before I really comment here because the eagles do need a big grinding running back. I have said this for years and I think Owen takes over the FB spot. I love Lewis but is another RB a need spot I dont know yet.

Rest of the line I am happy with, still want more depth at T but the guard and Center spot i feel is set with Herrimans, a hopefully healthy Jackson and Watkins. There is depth with Mcglynn and the rookie Vanveldre.

I do like the Vince Young signing. it adds depth and I think he can turn it around here and be a very key piece in this system.

fenikz
07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
obviously the loss of Bradley doesn't really concern you guys now but could you tell me a bit about him, i'm hearing he could realistically play all 4 spots in a 3-4 that sound right?

He chose the #97 so I'm assuming OLB

JBCX
07-30-2011, 08:06 PM
He was a complete beast in 2008 as the MLB in the #3 defense in the NFL that year. He was basically an excellent run-stopper with great blitzing capability and average to above-average range in coverage. He showed flashes of All-Pro capability that year.

The caveat is that he is all that but only when he is healthy. In 2009 he tore his ACL before the season started and missed the entire year, and then came back in 2010 but wasn't nearly as effective. However, ACL injuries often take more than a year to recover from, so perhaps you guys will get lucky and 2008 Bradley will come back in 2011. If not, you have 2010 Bradley: an injury-prone MLB with slightly above-average run-stopping ability but poor speed and inability to cover.

Jimmy
08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Ronnie Brown. Hatechu.

Jimmy
08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Also. Ryan Harris. Hatechu. He's a hell of a player. I always thought he and Clady would grow old in Denver, with Clady anchoring the LT and Harris the right. After all, Harris was at one point our second best lineman. The guy is just below pro-bowl caliber when healthy, and I truly believe that if he were on a bigger market team like Dallas, he would be a multi-time pro-bowler by now. Great signing, sad to see him go. I hope Orlando Franklin can fill the void harris left, but it will be tough to do.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Overall, a solid first game. The lack of cohesion showed a little bit in the first quarter, but the gap in overall team talent showed itself almost the instant Stephen Jackson finished his one and only run. (Had he been able to play the whole game, we may have seen a much closer game, at least up until the Bradford injury). What I find encouraging is the offense put up 24 points without even playing anywhere near its best football. I'll also include as encouraging, the O-line. I realize the Rams don't have a defense known for putting pressure on the QB, but there were quite a few plays where Vick had a perfectly clean pocket to work with, and if the O-line unit can stay together for a good part of the season, will only improve as they get more comfortable with eachother.

The defense, outside of the first run to Stephen Jackson,and the second drive by the Rams, looked very good against a solid Rams offense, even without Jackson. I am a little concerned about Matthews, he is a liability out there, I'm just hoping one of his mistakes doesn't cost the Eagles a game or two. Babin showed why he was brought in with two sacks, and the rest of our DL got pressure as well, totalling 5 sacks and at least 12 pressures by my count. Both our young kickers did a solid job as well, I wouldn't say they did a great job by any means, but they didn't make any mistakes that would cost the team a close game. I would like to see Henery get more elevation in his kickoffs though, a talented return man will be able to take one of those low liners back all the way. Once he gets more air under his kickoffs, we could continually see opposing offenses starting inside the 20, because our coverage team looks very good from what I've seen so far.

Very happy with the game though, it could have been a tightly contested game, but the defense showed glimpses and the offense showed bits of why we know this is a playoff caliber team. Seeing the stat about Shady and Vick both running for 100 yards (then in being taken away by the kneeldowns) got me thinking. This offense has the potential, when it is at its best, to have a game with two 100 yard rushers and receivers each, and I haven't looked it up yet, but I'm pretty sure that has never happened before. I'm excited for the Atlanta game, they will be a much better test and a better barometer to see where the Eagles stand in the NFL.

igglefanz
09-12-2011, 07:01 AM
I was happy with the game overall. I will start with what I liked.

Herremans was comfortable at RT and didn't look out of place there. Will be a great stop gap till Justice is ready no need to rush him back.

Page is one of the best unmentioned signings we had. Allen isnt clearly ready to go needs another season and will be a good stop gap there.

The entire defensive line in pass situations. Home games for the Eagles they may flirt with double digit sacks. Pressure everywhere and was nonstop.

Mccoy can boast all he wants. Coming into his prime although would like to see a bit more Brown and Lewis so we dont wear Shady out

Now the bad

Linebackers as a whole against the run. I think Foku had a worse game then Matthews although neither was good . Cheney wasn't great either but they will get better, they got better as the game went on. Matthews and Foku both need to move around the blockers were able to key up on them and lock them down. Although all looked pretty good in coverage we will need more then that.

Devan was the weak link on the OL 2 killer penalties hopefully he cleans it up or Watkins gets up to speed soon.

Vick is getting better at reading blitzes but still needs to improve there. He will see even more pressure against the Giants, Cowboys and other teams.

Overall a win is a win and one on the road first game. Wasn't perfect but didn't expect it to be. big test coming up and will see how they get through a very mad Atlanta team. They will need to play better next week then today to win that game.

cunningham06
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm very happy with the win, and can't wait to see what this team looks like once we start gelling.

The offense is the real deal, but the offensive line is a legitimate concern. While there were plays where the blitz was picked up well, Vick was running for his life back there much of the game. Devan's gotta go hopefully Watkins will be ready to go soon, there was definitely some promise to be seen in him during the preseason.

As for defense, even once Jackson was out we were still getting gashed in the run game. If St. Louis hadn't have abandoned the run so early I believe this would have been a much closer game. None of the linebackers were particularly impressive, and Casey Matthews needs to step up, his name can only keep him as a starter for so long. We were also the beneficiaries of countless drops by Rams receivers.

Next week we are going to need to really elevate our game (mainly on defense), to beat the Falcons because I know they are pissed after getting their ass handed to them by the Bears.

Breed
09-16-2011, 09:54 PM
How long till we get a new mike backer? I give it till the bye week.

Bigp5437
10-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Yeah...I have no words for yesterday, seems we've become accustomed to shooting ourselves in the foot..mistakes happen..but we really should be 4-0 right now -_-

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Talking about this in the NFL thread right now about what would happen if Reid were to get fired. Bill Cowher is the obvious guy everyone is going to mention, hes a defensive minded guy who loves to bring pressure but would he go to the 3-4? would he change the offense to a pound it mentality that they always had in Pitt? I would love the hire...

...the guy that I think would be PERFECT however would be Brian Billick if he wanted the job. Got west coast roots and he is an offensive minded coach, but he knows where his success as a coach came in Baltimore. He was very very successful in building that defense, he has the offense to work with in Philly....if he could start working on that defense and get a coordinator he likes....i would love that hire.

D-Unit
10-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Just don't take Rob Ryan from us after the season.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Just don't take Rob Ryan from us after the season.

If hes a capable head coach! Id consider him ;)

Bigp5437
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
This team just seems snakebitten..I don't see what else there is lol..it's just one of those years..for all the sloppy play and mistakes we've made, we've been in every loss till the very end save for the Giants game..and it's like Lady Luck just finds yet another way to smack us down when we need it most haha..

That being said..not that I'm seriously still looking at the playoffs as a possibility, but the given that NY and Dallas can't get their acts together, we lose next week and it's likely the year for us..probably just wishful thinking though -_-

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I think you guys could get any HC you wanted running to take this job. The offense has all the pieces, and Kafka should be a decent guy to develop whether Reid stays or not. I would still want to bring in an offensive minded HC but I think you've got to get a DC committed to turning things around, no matter what the scheme is.

SickwithIt1010
10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
I think you guys could get any HC you wanted running to take this job. The offense has all the pieces, and Kafka should be a decent guy to develop whether Reid stays or not. I would still want to bring in an offensive minded HC but I think you've got to get a DC committed to turning things around, no matter what the scheme is.

Idk if Kafka is the the QB of the future. I could see them within the next couple years taking a QB if they get the chance at a guy they like. I wouldnt mind them takin a chance on a guy like Barkley or RG3 this year but I highly doubt they will be available for us....who knows though with the pace we are on.

However, Im still pretty set on my choice. I think Billick would be perfect. Offensive coach, with the history of having great defensive teams. Sounds like a solid fit to me?

descendency
10-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Just curious if anyone knows...

Does Mike Vick's new extension have a (typical) way to terminate his contract without paying out the guaranteed money if he's cut before next season? I know most players do (Peyton Manning's deal does, for example. So does every pick in the draft).

SickwithIt1010
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Just curious if anyone knows...

Does Mike Vick's new extension have a (typical) way to terminate his contract without paying out the guaranteed money if he's cut before next season? I know most players do (Peyton Manning's deal does, for example. So does every pick in the draft).

He has outs in his contract where they wont have to give him all the guaranteed money. They dont have to release him before next season, they can do it a couple years down the line as well.

Bigp5437
11-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I think the silence here says it all about this season lol..but wondering...does anyone think Reid's actually gonna be fired at the end of the season? Think it's almost safe to say the playoffs are out of reach now..but who knows..but I don't think he should get the axe if we do miss..too many pieces trying to fit together in one year, especially with the lockout...among other things.

I feel like he should get one more season to try and straighten things out, as much as he's done here..but you know Philly fans, people have been calling for his head for years for less..so maybe the pressure becomes too much. It'd be a terrible mistake to me, but I'm just a regular guy so :D

Harmonykor
11-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I think they should definately fire Andy Reid after the season. You dont bench a star player like Desean Jackson for missing a meeting.

Bigp5437
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Huh? No, you do do something like that..rules are rules, regardless of the situation you have to enforce them, and from what I understand it was two meetings, one he was late the other he didn't show for I think. You can't circumvent team rules because your team's hurting..most all other teams likely would've done the same thing.

igglefanz
11-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Great to see people posting on here. Sadly one reason i do not post alot on the main forums and this one is that some of our fellow fans who will remain nameless are the biggest trolls on the forums.

The players understand the team rules, the rules about meetings are team rules it doesn't matter if its Desean or Trevor Laws it applies the same and I don't think Reid took one ounce of joy in doing that to his team to make a point. This isn't Shananhan we are talking about here.

I think Reid needs one more year to right the ship and as much as i like Castillo we need to get a tried and true defensive coordinator. I would prefer someone that uses alot of man. We have tons of new starters and the team is struggling to gel during a rough season. The talent is here but this was the wrong season to be this aggressive and change things up this much.

What makes this season hard is minus the arizona game (( total disgust to this point i didnt want to go to the bar and watch)) and half of the Washington game due to issues, I have watched every snap this year. The team is loaded and talented in alot of spots. But they shoot themselves in the foot play after play. totally inept in the red zone and just boneheaded play is killing this team.

The other thing that kills the Eagles is sadly our receivers. Both Desean and Maclin are speed guys and it takes them a while to get open. A big physical player is what this team need. Help move the ball and someone they can trust to run slant routes and fades in the end zone. I dont want to see Desean go but getting a big WR in the draft and there is plenty I can see justifying spending a first on. And if we keep playing like we are Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffery are in reach with 2 early seconds to address the Linebackers or possibly a big DT. Plus probably could get alot for a sign and trade. Just something to think about.

brat316
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I was giving Reid the benefit of doubt, but now my man has to go. This ship is sinking and sinking fast. And lock out is not an excuse of putting a poor product out there when other team are doing well. Offensive side didn't change much this offense should still be the same as last year, even better. But it is not, its just horrid except for Shady. Opting for smaller linemen instead of the usual big guys has proven to be a liability in our division. This is not Payton Manning standing back there, or a zone running system.

49ers had huge changes, look at them now. Eagles had no changes in offense. There are plenty of teams doing good.

Lack of drafting big Lbs has hurt, and not keeping some of your guys that your drafted. Bradley, Mikel, has come back to hurt them.

Defense, I don't know wtf Castillo is doing. Start of season it took him to long to realize that wide 9 was not right on every down. Still can't get Nnamdi to match up on the best WR. Putting rookie safety, that is not know for his coverage on Fitz, WTF? Lot of the defensive players seem lost out there, even with short TC/Offseason, now way veteran players can't figure out a defense. We've seen mid-season defensive player trades, and were able to figure out the defense in 2-3 weeks.

SickwithIt1010
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
I am torn on Reid. I love the guy and what he has done for this franchise, I think he is one of the best coaches in the league, but idk if we are at that point like the Broncos were with Shanahan and we just need to change up scenery. I do know one thing and that is Castillo having to leave. I like some of his ideas but he just isnt cutting it. I like the Wide 9 idea with the players we have and our D Ends, but the guy runs way too many zone defenses and that is just plain dumb considering the corners we have. They are all lockdown man corners.

We need to draft a ******* stud linebacker. I know that it has never been our style but we need a difference maker. Something we havent had since Trotter back in the day. I am so in love with Kuechly as a prospect and think he would be perfect. Burfict has the upside but will he be able to stay disciplined? Te'o has been up and down this year so who knows, tons of upside. Kuechly isnt the flashiest player, he isnt the biggest, but the guy knows how to play some football and he has lead the nation in tackles the last two years. We need a guy with a nose for the ball and thats what he is.

If Reid does get bounced who are your favorite targets?

igglefanz
11-15-2011, 07:26 AM
If Reid gets fired this is my top 5

5. Dirk Koetter he is a good offensive coordinator in a bad spot. Yes this is kinda a homer pick as I went to the same high school and college as him ((although 20 years later lol))

4. Jon Gruden I think Philly is one of the few places that could lure him out of retirement. You can tell he likes the city and with what toys he would have to work with would make it a very tempting offer

3. Brian Billick I think would be great. a smart offensive mind that would make sure he brings in a good defensive mind to run things and if he can win a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer then he may be able to help Vick get over that last hurdle.

2. Mike Zimmer Why this guy isnt a head coach already is beyond me. Great mind and even though he is a hardass players love playing for him. Its my realistic number one as the one i have at number one i think wont leave where he is now.....

1 Kirk Ferentz I think he would make a great head coach and I know year after year he get offers to coach but never takes them. He resigned I think back in 08 through 2015 but would be worth the try.

Others I wouldn't mind Joe Philbin, Rob Chudzinski or Bill Cowher

SickwithIt1010
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
1 Kirk Ferentz I think he would make a great head coach and I know year after year he get offers to coach but never takes them. He resigned I think back in 08 through 2015 but would be worth the try.

Others I wouldn't mind Joe Philbin, Rob Chudzinski or Bill Cowher

Ive always loved Ferentz, but idk if his style would work with the guys we got right now. Iowa has notoriously been a pound it down your throat running team while the guys we have right now are much more finesse. We would really have to change directions.

igglefanz
11-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Iowa runs a zone blocking scheme as is. I think that he would be able to work wonders with who we have up front. Iowa runs a pro style offense which is run heavy but by no means is it a road grater mauler run game. The run alot of the same strech plays that several coaches like Shanahans and others run. He is a perfect fit IMHO we need a coach that is willing to take the ball out of Vicks hand a bit more and feed shady even more.

SickwithIt1010
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Iowa runs a zone blocking scheme as is. I think that he would be able to work wonders with who we have up front. Iowa runs a pro style offense which is run heavy but by no means is it a road grater mauler run game. The run alot of the same strech plays that several coaches like Shanahans and others run. He is a perfect fit IMHO we need a coach that is willing to take the ball out of Vicks hand a bit more and feed shady even more.

Theres no reason to try and make Shady anything more than he is right now though. As of right now I would put him as the 2nd best back in football right now behind Peterson. McCoy is similar to Faulk back in the day, Shady needs to be involved in the pass game just as much as the run game.

I have no problem with Ferentz being the guy, but I dont want to run Shady into the ground.

igglefanz
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I agree with you on that maybe if Lewis blossoms or we get another back to carry some of the load. I think overall the running backs should get more touches. I am not saying that we should be a 60% plus run team but closer to 50 50 would be nice. I mean yes i love the quick strike ability of this team but I would rather have Vick only put the ball up 25-30 times a game not a ton more.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
http://mypict.me/upload/images3/upload/0/330/136/330136648-500x500.jpg

brat316
11-20-2011, 06:34 PM
What is that?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
inactive list

Witten4HOF
11-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Theres no reason to try and make Shady anything more than he is right now though. As of right now I would put him as the 2nd best back in football right now behind Peterson. McCoy is similar to Faulk back in the day, Shady needs to be involved in the pass game just as much as the run game.

I have no problem with Ferentz being the guy, but I dont want to run Shady into the ground.

It might be a little early to be comparing McCoy to Faulk; I see the where your going, but he just isnt to that level yet.

Even if you compare Shady's body of work to Faulk's first three year is the league there is a pretty noticible difference:

McCoy- 3,834 yards per scrimmage, 2736 rushing at 5.0 ypc, 1098 receiving 21 combine TDs.

Faulk- 4372 yards per scrimmage, 2947 rushing at 3.9 ypc, 1425 receiving, 33 combine TDs.

At this point I wouldn't even crown him the second best running back in the league with so many young talented rushers.

Ray Rice has amassed 5,076 yards per scrimmage, 3281 rushing and 1,795 receiving and 24 TD's during that period. Matt Forte has 4,407 all purpose 2924 rushing, 1483 receiving and 17 TD. Steven Jackson has 4248-3408-809-15. Frank Gore 3,841-2882-959-23td. Each have statistically been better since Shady has entered the league with far less weaponry surrounding them, which isnt a slight on his skills. He is by far the most explosive back on the RB's listed and it can be argued that Andy Reid has never been a run first play caller, but lanes do widen when there is a need to contain Vick.

SickwithIt1010
11-27-2011, 01:44 AM
I wasnt talking stat wise, I think the way they play is very similar.

FlyingElvis
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Going on record that firing Reid seems like a terrible idea to me.

SickwithIt1010
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Andy Reid will have to fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo in order to stay on as Eagles head coach.

The rumor in Philly is that Steve Spagnuolo will replace Castillo, allowing Reid to hang on for at least one more season. Many Eagles fans want Reid gone, but it would be in the organization's best interests to keep most of the offensive staff because of the monetary commitment to Michael Vick. Castillo has been an utter flop in his transition from O-Line coach to D-Coordinator. He has not showed an ability to maximize his personnel, often playing "man" corners like Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in zone coverage.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Dec 4 - 11:08 AM

Ive mentioned ideas of getting a new coach, but that has always just been due to wanting a better defense. I have never had a problem with our offense and think that Reid and Marty can stay as long as they want.

However, a guy like Spags coming in to coach the defense would make my my dreams come true. What do you guys think?

superman8456
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm all on board for Spags. Sadly, I think this mean an end to the impact that Jason Babin is having because I'm not so sure he can hold up without the wide-9.

I was kind of hoping for a defensive coordinator that would bring along a 34, but that would be a change that would take years to develop and we're not quite on a 5 year plan.

SickwithIt1010
12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm all on board for Spags. Sadly, I think this mean an end to the impact that Jason Babin is having because I'm not so sure he can hold up without the wide-9.

I was kind of hoping for a defensive coordinator that would bring along a 34, but that would be a change that would take years to develop and we're not quite on a 5 year plan.

Yeah, the 3-4 would be a little too much of a project. We dont have the type of guys for a 3-4 defensive line. I dont doubt that Babin and Cole and even Graham would be able to play the OLB position but the linebackers suck as well

Babin will be fine as long as Washburn is there, he has always seemed to get the best of him.

Grizzlegom
12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
So apparently if the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all finish at 8-8 the Eagles win the division. Get lively Iggles fans!!

eaglesalltheway
12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
But in order for that to happen, the Eagles need to, first, beat both the Cowboys and Skins, second, have the Giants lose next week to the Jets, and then third, have the Giants beat the Cowboys week 17. If the Giants lose to the Jets, I doubt they'll be able to come back and beat Dallas. I'm a little excited of the idea of this team theoretically getting hot (and staying hot) and making a run through the playoffs, but realistically I can't see it.

SickwithIt1010
12-20-2011, 03:48 AM
But in order for that to happen, the Eagles need to, first, beat both the Cowboys and Skins, second, have the Giants lose next week to the Jets, and then third, have the Giants beat the Cowboys week 17. If the Giants lose to the Jets, I doubt they'll be able to come back and beat Dallas. I'm a little excited of the idea of this team theoretically getting hot (and staying hot) and making a run through the playoffs, but realistically I can't see it.

All 3 of these teams are the definitions of Jekyll and hyde...I wouldnt be surprised with anything that happens at this point.

eaglesalltheway
12-21-2011, 12:10 PM
The Eagles are the same way too, lol, I'm just hoping they show up and kick some ass in Dallas, and keep hopes alive.

SickwithIt1010
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
The Eagles are the same way too, lol, I'm just hoping they show up and kick some ass in Dallas, and keep hopes alive.

I sure hope we do. If we win, and the Giants lose...gonna make for a very entertaining week 17.

eaglesalltheway
12-23-2011, 09:09 AM
I sure hope we do. If we win, and the Giants lose...gonna make for a very entertaining week 17.

I have a feeling the Giants lose this week (going out on a limb, I know). Something tells me the Jets are going to be more pissed off, and, well, the Giants are going to be the Giants.

eaglesalltheway
12-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Also, I'm facebook friends with Jason Kelce, be jealous...

Bigp5437
12-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Welp, so much for the playoffs...but sweeping the Cowboys (Romo or not) is definitely a high point for me..shame it took so long for us to get things together though

SickwithIt1010
12-25-2011, 07:45 PM
No playoffs but with the way we have closed I have no doubt that Reid will be back. I think we fire Castillo and throw the bank at Spags to make sure he is the next DC in Philly.

Make sure we draft an impact linebacker in the first, and address the D-Line and maybe a safety in the 2nd. We have a full off-season to work with this year, we gotta make it count. Get everyone on the same page and hit the ground running next year.

superman8456
12-25-2011, 11:29 PM
No playoffs but with the way we have closed I have no doubt that Reid will be back. I think we fire Castillo and throw the bank at Spags to make sure he is the next DC in Philly.

Make sure we draft an impact linebacker in the first, and address the D-Line and maybe a safety in the 2nd. We have a full off-season to work with this year, we gotta make it count. Get everyone on the same page and hit the ground running next year.

Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Spags does get fired, maybe, just maybe, the Eagles bring in Spags as DC, but demote Castillo to defensive assistant or something along those lines. That'd be alright with me.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets axed. Castillo has been a roller-coaster ride, but so far we're 8th in total defense and 1st in sacks. Sure we could use our personal better, but that will come with more experience.

cunningham06
12-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Spags does get fired, maybe, just maybe, the Eagles bring in Spags as DC, but demote Castillo to defensive assistant or something along those lines. That'd be alright with me.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets axed. Castillo has been a roller-coaster ride, but so far we're 8th in total defense and 1st in sacks. Sure we could use our personal better, but that will come with more experience.

Demote Castillo, no reason to get rid of him, he's a great motivator, and a really hard worker. We threw him into a position that he has little experience or experitse in. Demote him and let him focus on something smaller than running a full defense. Spags would be an ideal addition, but that might be a pipe dream at this point.

With where we are drafting it seems impossible to get him unless we trade up, but my man crush on Vontaze Burfict is growing. I want an aggressive downhill LB to lay the wood and he is an absolute beast.

SickwithIt1010
12-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Demote Castillo, no reason to get rid of him, he's a great motivator, and a really hard worker. We threw him into a position that he has little experience or experitse in. Demote him and let him focus on something smaller than running a full defense. Spags would be an ideal addition, but that might be a pipe dream at this point.

With where we are drafting it seems impossible to get him unless we trade up, but my man crush on Vontaze Burfict is growing. I want an aggressive downhill LB to lay the wood and he is an absolute beast.

Im starting to get off the Burfict hype train, I would much rather have a guy like Kuechly who I know is going to be a tackle machine and isnt gonna be a walking 15 yard penalty.

cunningham06
12-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Im starting to get off the Burfict hype train, I would much rather have a guy like Kuechly who I know is going to be a tackle machine and isnt gonna be a walking 15 yard penalty.

He does get out of control, but to be honest, his nasty on-field personality is one of the things I like that he would bring to the defense. Will he be able to totally put his over-aggression problems behind him in the NFL? Probably not, but it's not going to be an every other play kind of thing either. He'll learn to operate in the NFL system, whether it's cutting that sort of thing out, or just getting better at not getting caught. That can be worked on to some degree.

He isn't a total thug off the field who's behavior outside of football will get him suspended. That's a problem that is harder to remedy.

Kuechly is a good player in his own right, but he will never be the player Burfict has the potential to be given he doesn't totally blow it, which for reasons stated above, I don't think he will. Anyway, Kuechly wouldn't even be close to the same league as Burfict as an enforcer against the run in our defense. Burfict blows up holes, taking blockers with him as he finds his way to the ball carrier. Kuechly is instinctive and a rangy player, but I seriously doubt his ability to plug the middle if we continue to use our defensive line in a wide-9 formation. If that changes it is a whole different ball game, but if the philosophy for our defense doesn't undergo profound changes, especially on the defensive line, I think Burfict would be perfect in the middle.