PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

brat316
12-26-2011, 08:43 AM
The Eagles need an intimation over the middle that will make players think twice about going in his direction.

SickwithIt1010
12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/report-philly-will-hire-steve-spagnuolo-if-hes-available/

Take it for what it's worth, but I came all over myself just thinking about it.

CDCB14
12-28-2011, 12:08 AM
The Eagles need an intimation over the middle that will make players think twice about going in his direction.

You mean intimidation..?

SickwithIt1010
12-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Trolls will be trolls.

brat316
12-28-2011, 11:52 AM
You mean intimidation..?

yeha typo.

the_dark_knight
01-06-2012, 09:04 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/report-philly-will-hire-steve-spagnuolo-if-hes-available/

Take it for what it's worth, but I came all over myself just thinking about it.

I think there will be a lot of competition for him. I'm hoping that Atlanta throws their hat in that ring as well. I would hate to see him in Philly.

brat316
02-19-2012, 08:01 PM
whats happening with the Eagles?

How that draft needs looking?

BaLLiN
02-23-2012, 03:32 PM
just thought id show you guys this, its hilarious. There are videos for every game over at least the last two seasons.

VNrf1QcWhVg&list=UUjwByn6gYnvXbc1grj8lzyw&index=31&feature=plcp

TACKLE
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Brandon Graham....has he struggled when he's out there or are his opportunities just too limited to get the sense of how good he really is/will be?

SickwithIt1010
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Brandon Graham....has he struggled when he's out there or are his opportunities just too limited to get the sense of how good he really is/will be?

He shows flashes for sure, that surgery takes a long time to come back from fully. He will be a big part of our defense next season I think.

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I expect him to be a solid contributor to the DE rotation. He's got too much talent and motor not to make an impact when he is healthy.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Peters blew up his Achilles... ****** A...

SickwithIt1010
03-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah, thats a huge blow for us...may make us a player to go OT in the 1st.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, thats a huge blow for us...may make us a player to go OT in the 1st.

Yeah, I had still not ruled out going OL in the first few rounds, but now, it seems likely, especially if other FAs aren't brought in.

At least we have versatile O-linemen. Herremans can stay or slide over to LT and the Eagles can slide Mathis out to the other tackle spot, if need be. Mathis' strength is as a pass protector anyway (hasn't given up a sack in something crazy like 60 starts or something). I am aware its different pass protecting as a Guard, but, Mathis is versatile enough, and with our new blocking scheme and desired linemen, Mathis has the ability to play tackle here, and we could bring in either Gibson or a draft pick at LG to replace him. We don't necessarily have to be looking OT, it could be a guard as well.

Though I would be just as open to a tackle, just wanting to say we aren't pigeon-holed into just looking for OTs early.

eaglesalltheway
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
We just signed Demetress Bell (didn't spell name wrong, apparently he'd been spelling it wrong and just found out that is the proper spelling). to a 5 year contract. Going to be interesting to see how it is structured, but if its structured so that he has a one or two year evaluation, and the team has flexibility to work with Peters' situation, I like it. Wish I could see the price tag on it.

SickwithIt1010
04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Its set at 5 for 35 and the 1st 2 years are front loaded. Almost zero guaranteed money after the 2nd year.

eaglesalltheway
04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Makes sense, I like the signing, sucks it had to happen, but now we're going to see what type of magic Mudd can work (and lets hope Bell stays healthy).

Todd Bertuzzi
04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Eagles signed a bunch of UDFA's today including Cliff Harris and Aaron Pflugrad.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Man what happened to this thread? It's like a ghost town now.

brat316
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Bsaza left, Sniper, and all of Sniper's mortal enemies/rivals.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
You guys had one hell of a draft. The only concern I would have is Reid just doesn't like drafting bigger defensive players. Great players, but your defense is still tiny. I'd be a little concerned about that, but the defense should be much improved this year.

I guess it's safe to just assume that your defense will always be a small defense with Fat Andy in charge.

brat316
04-29-2012, 08:27 PM
yeah Lbs under 6'0, but they all play bigger than they are.

Cox i feel like will end up adding weight and play a 310, already pushing 300. They haven't had anyone that big since Corey Simmons.

Curry another undersize DE.

Boykins should be only ST play. Marsh I think will be nickle back, he is 6'0. I think they are learning small and speedy is not always great. And are slowly starting to mix in bigger players.

eaglesalltheway
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm real ******* pumped about this draft. The fact that I thought about Kendricks and got that (purely luck, most likely) made up for the Poe flop for me. Very excited about the draft. Despite ignoring S (I think the team is giving SOMEONE one last opportunity to impress) almost every need was addressed with good value, as well as picking up some other picks that could end up working out well.

SickwithIt1010
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah Lbs under 6'0, but they all play bigger than they are.

Cox i feel like will end up adding weight and play a 310, already pushing 300. They haven't had anyone that big since Corey Simmons.

Curry another undersize DE.

Boykins should be only ST play. Marsh I think will be nickle back, he is 6'0. I think they are learning small and speedy is not always great. And are slowly starting to mix in bigger players.

I really think Boykin is going to be a steal for us personally. The guy is a very physical corner who I think could be an ideal fit in the slot. He had no business falling as far as he did.

Anyone know the jersey numbers all these guys are gonna wear? I know Cox is rockin 91. Anyone else?

eaglesalltheway
05-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Vinny Curry is supposed to be 75, in honor of the Marshall Plane crash victims...

I follow him on Twitter, and everybody loves him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I will be rooting for him no matter what his outcome in the NFL is.

I haven't heard anything else though, but I think Kendricks would look nasty in 52, 56, or 59 for some reason.

cunningham06
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Vinny Curry is supposed to be 75, in honor of the Marshall Plane crash victims...

I follow him on Twitter, and everybody loves him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I will be rooting for him no matter what his outcome in the NFL is.

I haven't heard anything else though, but I think Kendricks would look nasty in 52, 56, or 59 for some reason.

No way Demeco gives up the 5-9. Or at least I hope not so I don't have to get a new jersey, I like mine as a Texans throwback for an Eagles player.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I love Vinny Curry. I liked him as a prospect and I think he's going to fit within the wide nine scheme fantastically but I absolutely love this guy after I heard him talk. It's great to see a player who seemingly cares just as much as we do. And I love that he got picked by his childhood team, he was just so genuinely excited and emotional that day that you can't help but like him. Really rooting for him.

Go_Eagles77
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
No way Demeco gives up the 5-9. Or at least I hope not so I don't have to get a new jersey, I like mine as a Texans throwback for an Eagles player.

Rolle gave up the 59 the minute they traded for Demeco, he has that much respect for him. Rolle will be 52 now, and I'm guessing Kendricks will get his choice of 53, 56 and possibly 55 once preseason starts.

Edit: just realized the first post I made in this thread in months is about jersey numbers. That's kinda sad haha.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM

I thought about it as I was saying it, I just like how the number 59 looks on our Jerseys, I'm glad someone is wearing it who should do big things for us this year.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I love Vinny Curry. I liked him as a prospect and I think he's going to fit within the wide nine scheme fantastically but I absolutely love this guy after I heard him talk. It's great to see a player who seemingly cares just as much as we do. And I love that he got picked by his childhood team, he was just so genuinely excited and emotional that day that you can't help but like him. Really rooting for him.

Our last second round pick who loved the Eagles this much was Shady... Just sayin...

SickwithIt1010
05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I havent been this excited for a season for a long time. Obviously last year we had high expectations but I truly feel like this team is going to make some noise.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm with you. Looking back, last year was just weird. So many moving pieces and new faces and they still managed to almost make the playoffs. This year Juan has a full offseason to install his defense (with the addition of Bowles) and Vick is getting his first full offseason as an Eagles QB. Seems like this year the guys are going to have their feet under them.

We massively upgraded our front seven with the additions of DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry. We were good in passing situations last year but now we should be even better on pass downs thanks to our pass rush and we should be much improved on running downs. This year we're better equipped to run the wide nine scheme.

And it almost feels like we're getting two draft classes. Last year's class struggled to make a big impact (at least the early picks did) and I really think Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh and Matthews are really going to blossom this year. And we get Jason Kelce with some added seasoning. Kelce was good last year and now he gets a full offseason with Howard Mudd and he's already met with Jeff Saturday at least once.

My big concern is overall depth. Our depth at QB, RB and WR is poor. Mike Kafka isn't going to put a team on his back, he'll be accurate on short stuff and take the occasional deep shot but he's a game manager. I'm really concerned about RB depth, if McCoy goes down we're screwed. And Riley Cooper blows chunks. What happens if we lose a receiver? We play either Cooper, McNutt or Hall. Yuck. Slightly concerned about cornerback as well simply because Marsh is such an unknown but I think he'll be fine.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I havent been this excited for a season for a long time. Obviously last year we had high expectations but I truly feel like this team is going to make some noise.

Last season kicked me in the balls, that is as excited as I've ever been. But this season is second. It'd probably be first since we got a lot of great guys in the draft that I like, but like I said, last season killed me and its going to be hard for me to ever get that amped up before a season again. At least it was a shorter off-season, so I wasn't built up as long as I will this off-season. And at least I got to see first hand the whooping we put on Dallas. That was awesome, and got me through the fact that we were a huge disappointment.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm with you. Looking back, last year was just weird. So many moving pieces and new faces and they still managed to almost make the playoffs. This year Juan has a full offseason to install his defense (with the addition of Bowles) and Vick is getting his first full offseason as an Eagles QB. Seems like this year the guys are going to have their feet under them.

We massively upgraded our front seven with the additions of DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry. We were good in passing situations last year but now we should be even better on pass downs thanks to our pass rush and we should be much improved on running downs. This year we're better equipped to run the wide nine scheme.

And it almost feels like we're getting two draft classes. Last year's class struggled to make a big impact (at least the early picks did) and I really think Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh and Matthews are really going to blossom this year. And we get Jason Kelce with some added seasoning. Kelce was good last year and now he gets a full offseason with Howard Mudd and he's already met with Jeff Saturday at least once.

My big concern is overall depth. Our depth at QB, RB and WR is poor. Mike Kafka isn't going to put a team on his back, he'll be accurate on short stuff and take the occasional deep shot but he's a game manager. I'm really concerned about RB depth, if McCoy goes down we're screwed. And Riley Cooper blows chunks. What happens if we lose a receiver? We play either Cooper, McNutt or Hall. Yuck. Slightly concerned about cornerback as well simply because Marsh is such an unknown but I think he'll be fine.

The defensive additions have me so pumped. Even adding Ryans and Cox would've helped out defense immensely, but to add Kendricks as well, and Curry, I'm excited. We also get a Nate Allen who is healthy from the start. People forget he was leading the league (tied) in interceptions after his first 5 or 6 games his rookie year. He's got great range and now that he has had time to fully heal, he should be back and (as long as he's been working hard) in better shape than ever. If he can stay healthy, and we get close to what is expected out of Nnamdi and DRC, our secondary will be just as feared as it should have been last year.

I too am a little worried about offensive skill position depth. Not so much WR, because I still like what we have in Avant, McNutt, Cooper, and Hall. Maclin has shown the Marvin Harrison ability to avoid big contact, which is key, because if he, Vick, or Shady, go down, the offense is flat, and not complete. But I have high hopes for McNutt, he could be a great great great third WR option for us, and he has the perfect player to set the example for him in Avant. Similar enough skill set that McNutt will be able to take things from his game and add to what he can already do.

RB though, does worry me. Lewis isn't good enough to a our #2 back, IMO. If shady goes down, our offense is toast. He is the entire reason our offense has success, he keeps defenses honest and keeps that 7th and on occasion, 8th man in the box, which we need to run our passing offense. Lewis has a nice skillset, but I think it's even too much to ask of him to be in a Darren Sproles type role. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but we are going to need Polk or Brown to step it up and push him. I want to see them in TC before I get a true feel on our RBs.

I still like Kafka, wouldn't want him starting more than one or two games (we'd go 1-1 at best, regardless who were are playing, IMO). Trent Edwards as well, at least he has some experience and could run our if he wasn't asked to do it too early in the season. We are going to need to stay healthy at QB, RB, and Safety this year because, IMO, that is where our depth is the least. Everywhere else really, isn't a problem to me, except maybe WR, TE, or LB, as long as we don't lose key players at those positions, we should be ok.

Wootylicous
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
One of my buddy has been invited to mini camp! Fredo Plesius...hope he gets a good look because this guy is a ******* beast.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
That's sweet, I'll probably see him in Training camp if he is here that long. I wish him luck, with our LB corps, he has a shot to at least stick around until then, and once you make camp, anything can happen.

SickwithIt1010
05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I cannot wait to see Demeco and Kendricks on the defense this year. I really think that Aso is going to take a big step up to where we expected him to play last year. DRC is still a little bit of a question mark for me but I know the potential to be great is there, Castillo just needs to use him correctly. I just want to know who has an O-line out there that can block our D-Line, if Curry and Graham play up to expectations that is one scary rotation all the way through.

Wootylicous
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
That's sweet, I'll probably see him in Training camp if he is here that long. I wish him luck, with our LB corps, he has a shot to at least stick around until then, and once you make camp, anything can happen.

He's so huge 6'1 245 used to play safety. He's a freak. 4.6 40, 38'' vertical, 27 reps, he was with Baylor for one year and decided to come back in Canada. I always thought he was better than Cory Greenwood who is actually with the Chiefs and a backup to DJ

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2012, 08:23 AM
I cannot wait to see Demeco and Kendricks on the defense this year. I really think that Aso is going to take a big step up to where we expected him to play last year. DRC is still a little bit of a question mark for me but I know the potential to be great is there, Castillo just needs to use him correctly. I just want to know who has an O-line out there that can block our D-Line, if Curry and Graham play up to expectations that is one scary rotation all the way through.

...Almost accidentally hit a thanks button, lol, but yeah I agree with this, pretty much. As long as we get similar production from Cole/Babin and the rest of our DE rotation, we would really only need one of those two to step up to expectations, but I really do have high hopes for both.

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
He's so huge 6'1 245 used to play safety. He's a freak. 4.6 40, 38'' vertical, 27 reps, he was with Baylor for one year and decided to come back in Canada. I always thought he was better than Cory Greenwood who is actually with the Chiefs and a backup to DJ

If he used to play safety, and can show his coverage skills can translate to the NFL, I guarantee he makes this team. One thing that went underlooked by outside sources last year was not only how our LBs did in run support, but coverage as well. As of right now, the spots for our Nickle LB positions are wide open, I'd imagine, so if he can show some natural coverage ability, that puts him at an advantage over most of our LB corp.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Eagles roster and number are up, check it out if you want....

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster.html

Mychal Kendricks is 95... Yuck

Go_Eagles77
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Eagles roster and number are up, check it out if you want....

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster.html

Mychal Kendricks is 95... Yuck
Still think he picks a 50s number after preseason, but I think he could pull off 95.

Also glad McNutt took 83, I figured he would just take 17 because he was 7 in college and it seems like all WRs want teen numbers these days.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Still think he picks a 50s number after preseason, but I think he could pull off 95.

Also glad McNutt took 83, I figured he would just take 17 because he was 7 in college and it seems like all WRs want teen numbers these days.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, though if your going to go outside of the 50s for an LB, the best number (besides 45) is 95... Though do like 96 almost as much for an LB. I also like McNutt's choice, and Boykin too. I like how 22 looks for the Eagles, and it fits him, IMO. I don't really care about Kelly's number either way, honestly, but I like Washington getting 78.

We aso have a WR with the number 1. Don't expect that (or him) to last long...

SickwithIt1010
05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah I dont really like the Kendricks pick on 95. Hopefully he gets to rock a sweeter number in the season. I think Polk will look good in 32, I really think he will be on the team. Cox and Curry will be dreamy though, 91 and 75.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-12-2012, 07:13 AM
RGIII hype is insufferable. Skins fans act like he's going to be a finished product right now and they cite stuff Shanny says to support it. What the hell are they expecting Shanny to say about the guy he just mortgaged the future of the franchise for? He isn't as smart as other QBs he's coached? C'mon Skins fans, can we let him play some games before we anoint him?

Bigp5437
05-12-2012, 01:32 PM
RGIII hype is insufferable. Skins fans act like he's going to be a finished product right now and they cite stuff Shanny says to support it. What the hell are they expecting Shanny to say about the guy he just mortgaged the future of the franchise for? He isn't as smart as other QBs he's coached? C'mon Skins fans, can we let him play some games before we anoint him?

I despise Washington so much for getting him..I can respect their mentality..but it's Washington..and I wanna see RGIII succeed...but for one..not in our division lol, and two, the Redskins being who they are, if they manage to screw things up for him, will further solidify my growing hatred for that team..possibly even more than the Cowboys...and that's saying something lol

Bixby (Thumper)
05-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Jason Peters tore his achilles. Again.

So... Any bets on what we draft in the first next year? I'm going to guess OT of the future now. Bell is a one year rental with an out in his contract and King Dunlap is on a one year contract.

***Begins watching OT prospects***

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Jason Peters tore his achilles. Again.

So... Any bets on what we draft in the first next year? I'm going to guess OT of the future now. Bell is a one year rental with an out in his contract and King Dunlap is on a one year contract.

***Begins watching OT prospects***hmm..... his story sounds fishy, he re-ruptured his achilles when he fell out of his wheelchair?

but as a cowboys this brings me joy. no offense iggles fans

Go_Eagles77
05-15-2012, 01:09 PM
hmm..... his story sounds fishy, he re-ruptured his achilles when he fell out of his wheelchair?

Someone falls on his face off a scooter and tears his Achilles for the 2nd time in a month and the first emotion you feel is joy?

But you said no offense, so that obviously makes it okay.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
hmm..... his story sounds fishy, he re-ruptured his achilles when he fell out of his wheelchair?

Yeah, joy is kind of an effed up emotion to feel when a guy might have just had his career ended. You're kind of a douche, no offense though.

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, joy is kind of an effed up emotion to feel when a guy might have just had his career ended. You're kind of a douche, no offense though.:facepalm: you ever heard of sarcasm?

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Someone falls on his face off a scooter and tears his Achilles for the 2nd time in a month and the first emotion you feel is joy?

But you said no offense, so that obviously makes it okay.

sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm

Bixby (Thumper)
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

You said something stupid and inconsiderate, stop trying to cover it up under the guise of poor sarcasm.

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

You said something stupid and inconsiderate, stop trying to cover it up under the guise of poor sarcasm.so what i made a joke big deal, peters is gonna make more money than us two combined in our lifetimes this year sittin on the bench, chill it aint that crucial.

you think if you broke your arm he would be cryin for you?

now if you actually looked at a bunch of my previous post you would see im very sarcastic.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
so what i made a joke big deal, peters is gonna make more money than us two combined in our lifetimes this year sittin on the bench, chill it aint that crucial.

you think if you broke your arm he would be cryin for you?

now if you actually looked at a bunch of my previous post you would see im very sarcastic.

I do not think you quite understand how to employ sarcasm or exactly what it is. Although I do see that you've got a firm grasp on irony just by looking at your username.

brat316
05-15-2012, 05:28 PM

I'm sure it does.

Don't mind the other guys, i see the joke. I'm sure if someone from the cowgirls were to choke in a big game or get injured someone from this board would post in the cowboys forum.

I"m sure nobody wants to see another player get injuired or hurt on purpose, but it does bring a smile to opposing teams face. Now Ware can get free runs at the qb, pretty much.

But its fine cowboys secondary is still butt, going against Ball and Sanasaugh, shouldn't be to hard.

brat316
05-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I also find it funny that a 320 lb man fell off a scooter, I'm sure if you saw that in public most of us here would crack a smile or more.

And I also think the scooter was not meant to support his weight, so its even more funnier.

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm sure it does.

Don't mind the other guys, i see the joke. I'm sure if someone from the cowgirls were to choke in a big game or get injured someone from this board would post in the cowboys forum.

I"m sure nobody wants to see another player get injuired or hurt on purpose, but it does bring a smile to opposing teams face. Now Ware can get free runs at the qb, pretty much.

But its fine cowboys secondary is still butt, going against Ball and Sanasaugh, shouldn't be to hard.good 2 see u can understand humor amongst opposing fan bases.

alan ball days as a cowboys are over, book it and sensabaugh is decent (and i stress decent) starting safety, not the playmaker that nate allen was as a rookie but he better than the other guys ya'll had last year.

i cant wait to see how are new secondary matches up against you guys. claiborne vs jackson i dare vick to throw a deep ball in his direction

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
I do not think you quite understand how to employ sarcasm or exactly what it is. Although I do see that you've got a firm grasp on irony just by looking at your username.just let it go dude, honestly im laughing at the fact that u and goeagles77 are such in arms about someone making a small joke over a professional athlete gettin hurt in such a silly way.

now if his mom died and he was going to miss the game, yeah that's out of bounds, but when fat guys falls out of a motorized wheelchair its funny and if he's hurt (not life-threatning) then its hilarious. go watch a comedy show and a laugh a little, it's not that serious

Go_Eagles77
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
just let it go dude, honestly im laughing at the fact that u and goeagles77 are such in arms about someone making a small joke over a professional athlete gettin hurt in such a silly way.

now if his mom died and he was going to miss the game, yeah that's out of bounds, but when fat guys falls out of a motorized wheelchair its funny and if he's hurt (not life-threatning) then its hilarious. go watch a comedy show and a laugh a little, it's not that serious

It's cool dude, for some reason I took your post as more malicious when I first read it. If it was me, I probably wouldn't post in the cowboys forum joking around if you guys lost Ware for possibly his whole career, but as long as you didn't really mean anything by it I aint even mad.

CowboysBeastMode
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
It's cool dude, for some reason I took your post as more malicious when I first read it. If it was me, I probably wouldn't post in the cowboys forum joking around if you guys lost Ware for possibly his whole career, but as long as you didn't really mean anything by it I aint even mad.his career being over is a bit of a longshot i had a similar injury in middle school (i had a partial tear) he'll be alright maybe not quite the same player he was but worse case scenario is he moves to guard

Bixby (Thumper)
05-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Jason Kelce is awesome.

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/9lrrzy.gif

Go_Eagles77
05-16-2012, 02:12 PM
That is both awesome and terrifying at the same time.

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Jason Kelce is awesome.

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/9lrrzy.gif

I would go to war, not only with, but for this man....

Unrelated, but if I were to ever get an animated .gif as an avi, this would be it...

igglefanz
05-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Well from what it sounds like is that Casey has been working out with his brother. Is around 250 lbs now. Think that is too big for a 4-3bit backer. Also brings up the hgh/roids question.

SickwithIt1010
05-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Just because a guy gets bigger doesnt mean hes using roids or HGH...cmon man.

igglefanz
05-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Just because a guy gets bigger doesnt mean hes using roids or HGH...cmon man.

I know it doesn't but people are going to just watch the moment he does something good and people see he is bigger. I don't think Clay or Casey does but get ready for the crap people are going to talk.

brat316
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I wanna see if Casey still has his speed and if he can shed blockers. We've seen guys at Casey's old weight shed blockers. Just cause he is bigger doesn't mean he still doesn't suck.

CowboysBeastMode
05-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Jason Peters got robbed in top 100 NFL players. He should at been in the top 25 and he was arguably best lt in the game last year.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Jason Peters got robbed in top 100 NFL players. He should at been in the top 25 and he was arguably best lt in the game last year.

Not arguably if you watched him, it was pretty clear cut.

CowboysBeastMode
06-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Not arguably if you watched him, it was pretty clear cut.yeah last year he was the best, i wonder, who steps up to replace him then? i remember that last guy gave up 3 sacks to d-ware

Bixby (Thumper)
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
yeah last year he was the best, i wonder, who steps up to replace him then? i remember that last guy gave up 3 sacks to d-ware

His replacement is Demetress Bell and he's pretty decent. Not great but he'll do for now I suppose.

CowboysBeastMode
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
His replacement is Demetress Bell and he's pretty decent. Not great but he'll do for now I suppose.he better be ready d-ware, o-sack-po, jpp, osi

mike vick is gonna need to get rid of the ball quicker this year, even last year with peters, watching philly play he took a beating and good part of it was him holding on to the ball trying to get the bomb. at least ya'll have shady to lean on though that will help alot

Giantsfan1080
06-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Is it true that you are getting rid of Wide-9?

SickwithIt1010
06-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Is it true that you are getting rid of Wide-9?

Everything I've read/heard is that it is staying, so not sure where that came about?

I know there is some talk that we may mix up some other looks, but the wide 9 is still suppose to be our base D.

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2012, 09:33 AM
SalPal was reporting it so I figured like always he was wrong.

Bixby (Thumper)
07-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Sounds like the early leader for the Na Brown award is Cliff Harris. Reports are that is absolutely dominating the likes of Trent Edwards and Ronald Johnson. FUTURE SUPERSTAR Y'ALL.

But seriously, I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
You guys know how King Dunlap is huge? Well Dennis Kelly is almost exactly the same size. Watching those two work with the second team offense, it looks like the Eagles have twin towers at the tackle spots. Dunlap is 6'9" and 330 while Dennis Kelly is 6'8" and 321. Monstrously huge human beings.

EDIT: Further, I think the Eagles might have the biggest tackles in the league. Bell is 6'5" and 311 pounds. Todd Herremans is 6'6" and listed at 320 pounds. And as previously mentioned, Dunlap and Kelly are humongous.

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
They really are huge, enough that it is noticeable, lol. What the biggest change has been for the O-line from this training camp to the previous ones is that the O-line is now mostly all of Mudd's type of guys. The body shapes of our O-linemen are much more different than in Training Camps past. I haven't been up at Lehigh as much as in years past, but it is one of the first things I noticed this year.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
They really are huge, enough that it is noticeable, lol. What the biggest change has been for the O-line from this training camp to the previous ones is that the O-line is now mostly all of Mudd's type of guys. The body shapes of our O-linemen are much more different than in Training Camps past. I haven't been up at Lehigh as much as in years past, but it is one of the first things I noticed this year.

Going from guys like Max Jean-Gilles, Nick Cole, Jamaal Jackson, Stacy Andrews and Shawn Andrews to guys like Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce, Julian Vandervelde, Danny Watkins and company really is a huge transition.

TitanHope
08-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Bryce Brown is a golden palomino stallion.

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Bryce Brown is a golden palomino stallion.

Lol, guy has a long way to go, but you know all the things he has to work through already, I'm sure. When they picked him I was kinda a little surprised because4 I was familiar with his story even before ESPN gave it, but as they were going through his story I thought it would be ok, he was a 7th round pick that can only go up from where he was. High reward to risk ratio. I'm interested to see how he does the rest of the preseason, and get more reports from camp to see how he is coming. Behind Shady, nothing is a given, though Dion Lewis has looked better in camp and the coaches are liking what they see out of him. He could very well make the roster, honestly. He has a skillset that our other backs don't have. Unfortunately that means our coaching staff won't know how to use him, lol.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Michael Vick scares me so much. We're a Michael Vick injury away from being a team that probably ends up picking in the top 10. So much of what we're able to do is predicated on passing the ball and being able to get the ball to our playmakers.

And if we have a losing season, I have zero doubt that Andy Reid gets canned. I didn't know if we were going to after last season but it sure sounded like Lurie was thisclose to cutting ties in that press conference. I thought he was going to drop the bomb but ultimately he ended up calling a press conference for the express purpose of expressing his disappointment. I don't think that'll happen again next year. He's having a press conference for one of two reasons, we won a superbowl or Andy Reid is fired.

And then what? I can almost promise Vick is gone if Andy is gone. Are we going forward with Nick Foles? As impressive as he's been, I'm not ready to call him the future. Do we draft a guy? Sign a guy?

We're a big Michael Vick injury from being back to square one.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-21-2012, 04:03 AM
But lost in all the negative vibes around the face of the franchise are some youngsters who are proving to be real bright spots. There are a lot of good young players on the team. Outside of Jaiquawn Jarrett, Howie Roseman has done a good job of stocking up on young talent the past two drafts.

D-Unit
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Would it be better if I just changed Bixby back to Thumper?

Bixby (Thumper)
08-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Would it be better if I just changed Bixby back to Thumper?

Put it as the title beneath my username or something. Just make sure everybody knows I'm not JBwtf or whatever his name was.

eaglesalltheway
08-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Michael Vick scares me so much. We're a Michael Vick injury away from being a team that probably ends up picking in the top 10. So much of what we're able to do is predicated on passing the ball and being able to get the ball to our playmakers.

And if we have a losing season, I have zero doubt that Andy Reid gets canned. I didn't know if we were going to after last season but it sure sounded like Lurie was thisclose to cutting ties in that press conference. I thought he was going to drop the bomb but ultimately he ended up calling a press conference for the express purpose of expressing his disappointment. I don't think that'll happen again next year. He's having a press conference for one of two reasons, we won a superbowl or Andy Reid is fired.

And then what? I can almost promise Vick is gone if Andy is gone. Are we going forward with Nick Foles? As impressive as he's been, I'm not ready to call him the future. Do we draft a guy? Sign a guy?

We're a big Michael Vick injury from being back to square one.
Most teams are an injury at the QB1 position from losing out on an entire season though, so its not like the Eagles are in that much of a different position than any other contender this season. If Vick misses serious time and the Eagles finish below .500 or out of the playoffs, that may be the only thing that saves Reid (as long as he doesn't lose control of the locker room or the team plays awful and finishes in the bottom 8 or worse in record, which I don't think we will have to worry about anyway.

As long as Vick doesn't miss more than 4 games, and we remain reasonably healthy throughout the rest of the season besides him, I think all of this talk is pointless. If the team can stay healthy, I really do think we have a shot at a Superbowl this year. I'm not foolish enough to expect anything like that at this point, but this season looks promising right now.

However, if they would both be gone, there may be some serious evaluation going on of Nick Foles. It'll depend on how he continues to do in the action he is in the rest of the preseason, and if he gets in during the regular season and his performance. He has really impressed a lot of people, not only in the fan base but within the coaching staff and the rest of the organization as well. If he is given another year or so to develop, he could easily be the next Eagles QB, if Vick and Reid are gone after this season, for any reason, I'd expect he'd be competing against a fairly early round draft pick at QB this upcoming draft. He has done a lot of things right that you don't usually see out of a rookie QB, even more so than I remember from Kolb and even McNabb as rookies. He has had a few passes where you question why he chose to make certain throws, but we have seen that he CAN fit the ball in really tight windows, and (much like people are saying about the rest of the young QBs taking over starting positions this season in the NFL) its better to have to much trust in your arm than doubt. I like his confidence and his poise, that is what is really impressive to me. Time will tell how things pan out for him, but right now, things look good.

But lost in all the negative vibes around the face of the franchise are some youngsters who are proving to be real bright spots. There are a lot of good young players on the team. Outside of Jaiquawn Jarrett, Howie Roseman has done a good job of stocking up on young talent the past two drafts.

I wouldn't say there are a lot of negative vibes right now, maybe you perceive it that way, but because of what you are saying here, we have a lot of young talent (still) at a variety of positions. Andy and Howie have done a good job of replenishing talent since they took over here, and its one thing where I think they have done better than just about everyone in the league. Whenever Andy leaves, he won't leave this team ****** over in terms of overall talent. There are plenty of young players on the team who we like very well, but just like any coaching change, the real struggles will come with adapting the players to the new systems. Offense I'm not so much worried about, with all of the young talent we have throughout, but our front 7 could be a mess if the wrong type of system would try to be implemented.

But let's sit here and look at the team as it is right now. We have young talent throughout the team with veteran leaders at key positions, as well as enough talent to fill in for a limited amount of injuries at certain positions. The team is in a good position right now, its just a matter of bettering that position and maintaining it.

SolidGold
08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
I like Foles - I hope he develops into a quality starter in the league. He was overlooked due to the poor record of UA but he played pretty well and put up some great numbers. He is a big bodied/durable QB who took a lot of hits in college. I would argue the team record was more due to the team around him than him.

BuckeyeDan17
08-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey guys please be careful with our assholes week 1. Use lube k?

eaglesalltheway
08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I really hope Tapp doesn't get cut...

Todd Bertuzzi
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately I think he's the odd man out at DE. He'll be a solid pickup wherever he lands though.

brat316
08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Where GrahAm at

Todd Bertuzzi
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
QB: Vick, Foles, Kafka Edwards
RB: McCoy, Lewis, Brown, Polk(FB?)
FB: Havili
WR: Maclin, Cooper, D. Jonhson, Gilyard
WR: Jackson, Avant, McNutt, C. Hall
TE: Celek, Harbor, Brackett, Ford
OT: Herremans, Kelly, DJ Jones
OT: Dunlap, D. Bell
OG: Mathis, Vandervelde
OG: Watkins, Reynolds, Washington
C: Kelce, Vallos

DE: Cole, Hunt, Tapp
DT: Cox, Dixon, Ogbu
DT: Jenkins, Landri, Thornton, Trotter
DE: Babin, Graham, Curry, M. Taylor
OLB: Kendricks, Jordan Clayton, Rau
MLB: Ryans, Matthews, Moten
OLB: Chaney, Rolle, Simmons
CB: Nnamdi, Hanson, Marsh, Hughes
FS: Coleman, Atogwe, Thomas
SS: Allen, Jarrett
CB: DRC, Boykin, Lindley

K: Henery
P: McBriar, Henry
LS: Dorenbos

IR/PUP: Patterson, Peters, Colt Anderson, Mike Gibson, Ronald Johnson

*Bubble Guys In Blue*

I counted 50 so that means 3 spots open for the bubble guys(Hall, Polk, Tapp, Jarrett, Thornton, Clayton and Lindley)

-Damaris Johnson probably makes Chad Hall expendable.
-I think they'll find a way to keep Polk, but 4 RBs is a lot to carry and a backup FB is a luxury. Brown's outplayed him for that 3rd spot.
-Tapp is just a casualty of numbers but I think they'll use on of the two spots on him.
-Jarrett, do they give him one more year?
-Thornton, has he earned a spot with his preseason play?
-Lindley and Clayton seem like solid players but again they could be victims of the numbers game here.

I think Tapp and Jarrett end up taking two of the spots. The third one will be used on Polk, Clayton or Lindley.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Gilyard and Hall both outplaying McNutt tonight(and all preseason for that matter). Only reason they don't McNutt is because we need that bigger body receiver.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
It's going to be hard for them to not keep both Polk and Brown too.

brat316
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Hmmmmm Never no. Maybe we do keep both Rbs and trade?

Maybe this is the year Reid decides to run a balance attack.

brat316
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
not like Lewis does anything for the team.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Cuts so far:

McBriar
Atogwe
Washington
Hall
Gilyard
Ford
Brackett
Clayton
Hanson
Thomas

brat316
08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
3 safeties?

Tapp stays and do all 4 Rbs

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
19 cuts announced, 3 spots left open.

McBriar
Atogwe
Washington
Hall
Gilyard
Ford
Brackett
Clayton
Hanson
Thomas
Cohen
Igwenagu
DJ Jones
McNutt
Moten
Ogbu
Rau
Taylor
Trotter
Vallos

Sounds like they're in the market to pick up a veteran safety following the releases of Atogwe and Thomas.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Final 3 cuts to be made:

McBriar
One of Kafka or Edwards
One of Polk or Brown

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Thornton makes the cut over Dixon. Polk and Brown both earned their spots.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one bothered by the fact we did absolutely nothing to improve our redzone offense this offseason.

bigbluedefense
09-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Am I the only one bothered by the fact we did absolutely nothing to improve our redzone offense this offseason.

I'm surprised you guys didn't go after Plax. He made perfect sense for Philly. He had a hard on for the Eagles too.

SickwithIt1010
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I dont know why nobody has been interested in Plax. The guy looked alright for being out of the game for 2 years, and was bound to get better. I would have loved the signing, but they were banking on McNutt being that guy.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Mcnutt was cut.

SickwithIt1010
09-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Mcnutt was cut.

I know, but I think he was part of the reason we didnt sign Plax originally.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Ya, pretty sure we've discussed it before in here but I think it had a lot to do with last offseason and them wanting to stay out of the spotlight this year.

Right now our only WR over 6'0 is Cooper and he's injured. I'm a big fan of Cooper going back to his Florida days but even when healthy I'm not sure he fits that prototypical mold you look for in big red zone receivers. Plax made a living in the redzone. Not saying we should have gone after him specifically but I'm surprised we didn't pick anyone up who fits that mold. Right now Celek is our default red zone target which scares me a little.

SickwithIt1010
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Plax would make a ton of sense. I mean cmon to stay out of the spotlight is hardly a reason to make a move that would greatly improve your team. Him or even a guy like Winslow I wouldnt mind bringing in for a workout.

eaglesalltheway
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Is anyone else worried about only carrying 8 O-linemen to start the year? I realize we have two guys on PUP who could probably come back, but if we have injuries to our OL, especially interior OL, we are screwed.

igglefanz
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Well where most of the OL can move around and play differnt spots I am not very worried right now with just having 8. King can play either tackle spot, same with Todd and he can move inside to G if we get thin there and bring in Bell. If anyone gets hurt for an extended period of time then yes something will need to be done.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM
That seems to be the thing that'd save us if a situation came up, almost all of our O-linemen can play multiple positions, its one of the benefits of Mudd's scheme. I'm still very weary about Peters coming back this season, unless there was some sort of advancement in repairing Achilles injuries, it'll be a while before he comes back to anything close to what he was. I haven't heard any news on him, so I assume nothing (else) has gone wrong, however he is still far enough away that there aren't any "milestones" in his recovery yet. If we hear word that he is back and practicing in the next few weeks, I may begin to look at his situation a little more positively, but right now it looks like we won't be hearing about him playing any time soon. We do have Gibson on PUP as well, once he comes back I will be much less worried about our OL depth situation. .

So what are you guys looking for this weekend against the Browns?

I want to see our front 7 handles Trent Richardson. He's coming off that knee surgery, but he should be good to go. Even with Cleveland's OL he could have a good game. Basically I want to see improved tackling out of the entire defense, that was one of my biggest issues last year, and they've shown improvement this off-season, I just want to see continued improvement.

I'm also very interested to See how King Dunlap handles LT. I've always been a fan of his, but we must recognize he is not and will never be anything close to Peters. If he can play as solid as Herremans (who I personally think is becoming a little overrated, to be honest) our OL will be ok. Herremans also needs to adapt to playing outside. We've all known he has the ability to do it, but I wasn't thrilled with his play last season. I'm not saying he did a poor job, but I expected more out of him. Too many times he got beat and Vick was sacked, or he got pushed back and Shady was tackled behind the LOS, and too often did he give up a holding call. It was his first full season outside, so hopefully a little experience will help him improve into this season.

I like our interior OL. Mathis, though I personally believe he became overrrated over the off-season, is a great OL, and I will admit was our best O-linemen over the course of the entire season last year. Him with Kelce and Watkins is a great interior 3. Kelce needs to work on anchoring a little more, he still gets pushed back too easily on occasion. But I think Watkins is going to shine this season. He looked good in camp and his ability to be dominant inside showed a little more as the season went on, as well as the offseason and preseason. Hopefully he can continue that momentum and will be that killer road grader who will help Shady and company rack up a bunch of yards.

We all know our DL is going to be great this year if they stay healthy, but how good will they be? I honestly believe our DL to be the most talented overall in the league. When a player like Darryl Tapp is on the roster bubble heading into the season, that tells you something about this unit. Babin and Cole are terrors, and our rotational DEs have all shown an ability to create pressure on a consistent basis. Our DTs are looking impressive as well, Jenkins is a force in all aspects of the game, and Cox is going to come in and add to the talent of our DL. I don't expect a lot out of Cox stat-wise, but he will make an impact. Thornton has also been turning heads and I'll be interested to see if how much either of these guys will be rotating in with Jenkins and Landri. Landri has been extremely impressive and is also carrying voer a lot of momentum from last season. If Cox or Thornton show they are worth rotating in on a consistent basis, that is a great sign for our DL.

I think Shady, Maclin, and DeSean are in for big seasons. Celek too, but to a lesser extent. I think this will be the year that Maclin separates himself, not only in the yes of the coaching staff, but the rest of the NFL and the fans as well, as our #1 receiving target. I'm sure there will be teams who will key on on him in their gameplans to stop him, which will open up more opportunities for Celek and DeSean.

I'm very interested in seeing how our Safety situation pans out. I've been a huge Nate Allen fan, I hope he can stay healthy and be the true center field type of FS that he was drafted to be. People forget how hot he started off his rookie season, hopefully he can regain that and will at least lessen the hole that is our safety group.

BuckeyeDan17
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Good game gentlemen.

cunningham06
09-09-2012, 10:35 PM
That was an ugly win, but a W is a W.

I know we're all expecting some progression from Vick, ie. taking care of his body, improving his decision making, etc. We didn't see that this game. Hopefully he will improve his game from here because if our defense and running game can perform like they did today then this team should make a deep run into the playoffs.

brat316
09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
53 passes for Vick is not good.

With 4 Rbs on the team, what are they doing passing 53 times?

BamaFalcon59
09-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah, big mystery passing so often in a game like today's.

SickwithIt1010
09-10-2012, 12:13 AM
McCoy is our bread and butter, Andy and Marty forget that too much.

igglefanz
09-10-2012, 03:06 AM
God if the Eagles play like this all year its gonna put me in the hispital.

The penalties are just to much this is something that needs to stop soon. 12 for over 100 yards is way way to much. Also Weeden missed alot of open receivers. A half competent QB would of made most of those.

Now the good I know Vick had a horrid day. Half I will chalk up to him not playing the last 3 weeks but he needs to not get rattled. In the 3rd and early 4th quarter he looked rattled and frustrated. But I saw something I havent seen out of him before and that was in the 2nd and 4th on the last 2 drives he was not oh crap Michael Vick but played well He was 9 of 15 for 129 yard and 2 td's ion those drives. But they need to run it alot better and not get him killed he was getting hit nearly every play he passed on.

I know it was only one game but so far Ryans is the real deal and I love what I saw out of him today. Kendricks could of played a bit better. I know he had 2 picks and its one game but extend DRC NOW.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Kendricks was out and around the ball fairly frequently, not as much as I expected, I noticed they rotated him out more frequently than Ryans on passing situations, but give him a little more time and he will start to make a bigger impact.

I was very happy with the play of the defense, everyone should be. Not only did Vick get TD drives in key situations when we needed them, but our defense got the big stops at key situations as well. Team defense as a whole was great all around. They did a great job stuffing one of the most talented runners in the league in Richardson (still needs to prove himself, though). It will be nice to see a little more pressure from our DL. The defense as a whole played great, so I would be willing to sacrifice a couple extra sacks for defensive dominance in every other aspect, like what happened with this game, but if we can get more consistent pressure out of our front 4, this defense could look much better as the season goes on.

D-Unit
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
The run defense was amazing. Totally put the clampers on Trent Richardson!

Secondary was key too, but it was Weeden afterall. I was so hoping you'd guys lose, but Vick pulled it off. You guys are the better team but I think some of my expectations that you'd guys easily win the division have lost some luster.

SickwithIt1010
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
A game like this is exactly what we needed. To get scared to death early in the season by a team that is not very good at all may open these guys' eyes a little bit.

brat316
09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I just don't think the team has that edge to them or that toughness. There is no identity with this team.

Giants- Eli Clutch in 4th, tough front 4.
49ers - Tough hard nose team all around
P. Manning teams- finesse passing team.
Lions - High Risk, High Reward.

something like that, wtf is this team?

SickwithIt1010
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I just don't think the team has that edge to them or that toughness. There is no identity with this team.

A ferrari with occasional engine troubles.

D-Unit
09-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Dysfunctional Excellence!

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Soooo... what's your expectations for tomorrow? I really don't know what to expect. I could see them come out and flop or put on a real show tomorrow. I really have no clue what to expect.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
I figure if I go in with low expectations I can't be disappointed. Looking for a bounce back game from Vick.

cunningham06
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Demeco Ryans on the Eagles: so sexy. Yet another nail-biting victory from this team. Same old story, we can't be so sloppy with the football. I don't care if Vick lobs that first interception out of the back of the end zone, just don't throw a pick when we're in field goal range.

Thoughts from the game (only got to see the last 8 minutes bc of tv zoning)

-Our LB's are covering so much more ground than last season. It's amazing how much faster (and effective) instinctive players are than 4.3-4.4 guys like Ernie Sims. Demeco looked great, he filled in against the run well from what I saw. I liked what I saw from Kendricks as well (although he should have had that int.).

-Boykin looked great, especially at the end. Sick ups and some very clutch pass breakups.

-Nnamdi has got to be more careful with his hands, he was getting way too grabby out there and those penalties are killer.

-Finally a balanced game! I'm so glad we didn't abandon the run and end up throwing the ball 40+ times. We've got to lean on Shady, he's just too talented to not get the ball in his hands.

-Speaking of Shady he's got to be more careful with the ball. He has always looked pretty reckless the way he carries the ball, but it never used to be an issue. He's fumbled twice already this season so it might be time for him to make some changes.

brat316
09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I can't believe how many yards Vick threw for, without throwing 60 passes.

Also Brown gets his first carry and fumbles. facepalm

Todd Bertuzzi
09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Bright spots:

1) Celek: what is there to say? absolute beast mode out there today
2) Demeco/Kendricks: it's been a long time since we've had two LBers of this quality
3) The defense: stood with the best of them today and didn't back down. nice to see Castillo having success.

Not So Bright Spots:
1) Bryce Brown/Shady: not that Shady played a bad game by any means but he can't be fumbling the ball every week. i don't expect it to be a problem but i would lie if i said it isn't a little concerning.
2) Vick: again i thought he had a great bounce back game and gutted it out till the end. can't throw that first int though. he's got to learn to give up on the play when it's not there and live to fight another day but it's the way he's always been with his legs and his arm.
3) Nnamdi: got beat a couple times by Jacoby Jones of all people. oncee on the TD and again when he took the penalty.

All in all we almost beat ourselves again and managed to squeak out a last minute win. Have to take care of the football going forward but what we've seen from our D so far has to be seen as very encouraging. They went toe to toe with one of the best defenses in the league today. Hopefully Kelce's knee is nothing more than a sprain because that would be a huge loss(Reynolds to his credit did a fine job filling in).

cunningham06
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Interesting note: former Texans had a huge impact on the game today.

Vonta Leach- rushing TD
Jacoby Jones- TD, almost a second TD
Bernard Pollard- Int, sack
Demeco Ryans- Int, sack

SickwithIt1010
09-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome to see Vick play well today, he was much better this week. A lot more composure and our line did a great job with a team that has always gotten after the passer. Desean showed some big time balls with that catch, that was sick to see.

I second what you guys are saying about Kendricks and Ryans, got isnt it nice to have some linebackers with a pulse out there? They fly to the ball, I love it.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Good and bad news on the Kelce front...

Torn MCL and partially torn ACL. The MCL will take 4-6 weeks to heal and the ACL could require season ending surgery to be repaired. They're still doing testing on the ACL to determine if he'll require surgery. After Vick and Mccoy Kelce was really the last guy we could afford to lose. Reynolds looked decent in the short stint filling in but I really hope Kelce doesn't need surgery.

D-Unit
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
It sucks to own Vick in fantasy and yet try to cheer for you guys to lose. LOL. How you pulled that victory out yesterday was crazy. I thought you deserved to lose once again. Congrats.

SickwithIt1010
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
We most definitely deserved to lose. 9 turnovers on the season and we are 2-0? It would be nice to see what we can do without turning the rock over.

Love what I'm seeing out of this defense this year.

eaglesalltheway
09-18-2012, 07:40 AM
It gives me a mega-sad that Kelce is most likely gone for the season. I've got to stop having "favorite Eagles", they always have their knees shredded up. So from now on my favorite Eagles are Tony Romo and Eli Manning...

First, I'm going to talk about our defense, the unit has been extremely impressing so far to this point. If they can build off of their current level of play the rest of the season, I have complete faith that this defense alone will keep us in every game. Nnamdi really still seems like he hasn't found his place in this defense yet, he seems to be the only one of our players who is visibly struggling, fortunately for us he has name recognition and has a few plays go in his favor (it happened with the old refs too people, get over it). Ryans and Kendricks makes me a happy happy man. Our defensive additions this offseason are going a long way to giving us a strong balanced front 7, and its something we have this season that we haven't had in a while, a stout run defense still able to put lots of pressure on the QB. And we haven't even had a game yet where our D-line really flexes their muscle.

The offense still needs to get into a rhythm, and most of that is on Vick. Part of Shady's fumbling issues I think can be traced back to Vick, when you are down in a hole early, it seems it is the tendencies of not only our playcallers, but our playmakers to try to do too much, and I think Shady may be trying to do too much at times and he loses focus on keeping a handle on the ball. Hopefully it doesn't become a reoccurring issue. We all know it, but we still haven't even seen anywhere close to what this offense can do at full strength.

These two games do bring one thing about that I am universally happy with, and it is now that we can have some level of trust in our offense in clutch situations. Game winning drives in the fourth quarter on two straight weeks... That is the type of thing that only boost confidence. It makes me feel a little more settled knowing that we at least have hope at the end of any game that our defense has kept close for us. I know in seasons past, especially last season, once we were down in the fourth quarter, I didn't have confidence in our offense to come back or our defense to maintain the lead. So far this season, it is just the opposite.

I touched on this earlier, but really hope we can see a game with offense, defense, and special teams near full capability. If this team could ever get into a string of games where they play anything close to a complete game, the results won't be close.

SickwithIt1010
09-18-2012, 03:58 PM
This is a team has has potential through the roof. I really dont feel like there are many teams in the league that could turn the ball over 9 times in the first 2 games and be 2-0. Not that I am encouraging us to keep turning it over but the thought of our team without so many turnovers definitely gives me a chubby.

Really hope Maclin's injury doesnt continue to linger because hes showing signs when he's in that he wants to really step up this year. Losing Kelce really hurts us as well considering we are already a little bit thin on the line, any word on Dunlap? Im liking what I am seeing out of Jackson this year, seems like he gives a **** which is a good sign after last year, and McCoy is his typical self outside of the couple fumbles. Was really stoked to see Celek have the type of game that he had, always consistent.

Kendricks and Ryans make me hard, and I am with you on saying that Scrabble is still not living up to expectations. DRC and Boykin are both playing very well however, and I am happy with that. I had big expectations for Boykin coming into this season, I thought he was a 1st or 2nd round talent who we got in the 4th because of some injury concerns. He is a good player. Would like to see Cox make a little more of an impact in the middle of that line, but I do realize he is still young.

Looking forward to the rest of this season, that is for sure.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Maclin out for this week.

I'm hoping we work the ground game a lot this week. I also think this is the week we see the d-line explode. I haven't seen much of them this year but Zona's o-line was a mess in preseason.

eaglesalltheway
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Maclin out for this week.

I'm hoping we work the ground game a lot this week. I also think this is the week we see the d-line explode. I haven't seen much of them this year but Zona's o-line was a mess in preseason.

Losing Maclin will hurt the Eagles (and my fantasy team), but the rest of the offense has enough skill that I think we should be able to move the ball, DeSean so far this season has already shown he's taking on more of the load in terms of moving the chains, and not just big plays. If our O-line can keep the Cardinals front 7 relatively in check, this game probably won't be close.

The Cardinals O-line is still a mess, in all phases of the game. I really do expect our D to dominate this week. Cardinals are having problems run and pass blocking, and Kolb is going to be QBing. As long as we can keep Fitz from having a big game I expect a dominant showing from the D.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Losing Maclin will hurt the Eagles (and my fantasy team), but the rest of the offense has enough skill that I think we should be able to move the ball, DeSean so far this season has already shown he's taking on more of the load in terms of moving the chains, and not just big plays. If our O-line can keep the Cardinals front 7 relatively in check, this game probably won't be close.

The Cardinals O-line is still a mess, in all phases of the game. I really do expect our D to dominate this week. Cardinals are having problems run and pass blocking, and Kolb is going to be QBing. As long as we can keep Fitz from having a big game I expect a dominant showing from the D.

Fitz is always the x factor when we play the Cards but he's been a non factor so far this year so let's just hope that continues. All we really need is for our offense to outplay theirs and not turn the ball over(which might be asking too much judging by how things have gone so far haha). I'm guessing PP will be shadowing Jackson which is why I'm expecting McCoy to have a huge game.

fenikz
09-24-2012, 06:26 AM
I gotta ask whats up with Aso, seems like he is an entirely different player and not in a good way

brat316
09-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I think its a combo of bad defensive back communication, living off old rep and just not a fit for the scheme.

Also in Oakland, he was the only good player and was stuck to 1 side of the field, so Qbs knew to avoid him, and line best players up on other side.

eaglesalltheway
09-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I gotta ask whats up with Aso, seems like he is an entirely different player and not in a good way

He has a tendency to drop straight back or towards the sideline, even when completely unnecessary, like he's playing not to get beat deep/ or the outside. The problem is, he does this even when the WR's are breaking inside. All it takes is some offensive coordinator to draw up a TE going down the seem to occupy the Safety on Aso's side and you have an easy completion, usually with Aso at least 4-5 yards away from your WR.

This would be fine if he were picking up a receiver running a wheel route or a receiver in the flats, but he does this even when its not like he's picking anyone up. I don't know if its confusion about what he's supposed to do, or if he is just too concerned with giving up a big play, but it is extremely aggravating seeing him as literally the ONLY player (offense and defense) outside of the numbers on his side of the field while the offense is completing easy 8-15 yards passes usually just inside of him to his left. Its making our safeties look even worse than they should

Todd Bertuzzi
09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
After that embarrassment Sunday it looks like management's had enough and decided to shake things up....McBriar is in and Henry's out.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Kind of a strange move because while Henry wasn't on pace to make the pro-bowl Ii certainly don't think his play merited him being cut. Sounded like McBriar might have won the job out of camp but they kept Henry because he was the holder for Henery and there was a familiarity there.

I hope we grab a punter this year because there are some good ones coming out of college. Jeff Locke at UCLA is good enough to merit a late round pick imo. It's too bad Brad Wing isn't eligible this year because he's an absolute stud. People always make punters out to be the joke of the league but field position is so important. Last year San Fran's D dominated the league and LSU's did the same in college. Obviously both units were stacked with talent but one thing they also had in common was all world punters. A punter who can consistently shift the field position balance and pin the other team deep is very valuable.

igglefanz
09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
I thought for sure after preseason mcbriar had won the job. Was really surprised we didn't keep him. He was much better in my eyes as of pinning people deep and sadly Henry wasn't that good. I am happy with the move our special teams is abysmal we need all the help we can get .

Todd Bertuzzi
09-26-2012, 09:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Earl_Thomas_(defensive_back).JPG/220px-Earl_Thomas_(defensive_back).JPG

What could have been :(.

superman8456
09-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Speaking of Earl Thomas, has anyone seen Graham make an impact play this season? Seems like he's been surpassed by Phillip Hunt in the lineup.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
He's been noticeable at times on the off chance e finds his way on the field. It's hard when you're stuck behind a couple probowlers I guess but jpp did manage to surpass osi under somewhat similar circumstances. I loved graham and ET coming out, but Thomas is a stud and he's the missing piece that would put our d over the top right now.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Great game, Giants always like to play it close haha.

Defense looks great in the second year under Castillo. Obviously bringing in Demeco and Kendricks helps and getting rid of Asante was addition by subtraction in a sense because he and Nnamdi couldn't co-exist and he was also a locker room cancer according to Brandon Graham.

Red Zone offense is still a huge concern for me. Can't throw it and today we couldn't even run it. O-line played well given the circumstances though. Did a good job of neutralizing one of the league's top pass rushes.

I think it might be time to re-evaluate the wide 9. Teams have figured it out and we aren't getting enough pressure because the QBs are just taking shorter drops.

brat316
09-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Our safeties are still bad, but average bad. What can you expect out of Coleman and Allen...well I expect them to at least play the assignments and zones, and not get beat. I don't expect ed reed, or troy, or thomas from them. Seems like its easy to get them to bite on PA, they don't realize durning what game situation they should and should not fall for PA.

Also thank god for balanced attack. Keeping Vick under 30 passes seems to = offensive success.

igglefanz
09-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Well what i saw out of Vick tonight made me happy. played smart not great but didn't do anything really ugly. I am happy we got the win but will have to play a lot better later in the year if we are going to have a chance against this team.

Thank god tynes isn't that kid from Baltimore or we would be crying in our beer tonight. A win against a division opponent no matter how ugly is still a win and the giants came to play. We need to move forward and play smarter on the road. If vick can keep the turnovers down to none or one a game we should be in every game this year.

superman8456
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
That was a good, hard-nosed, divisional win. Don't want to jinx it, but the Eagles are sitting pretty at 3-1, but our schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out. Staying healthy throughout the whole season is gonna be HUGE for us because we truly can't afford any injuries.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Rolle cut for Moten in what appears to be a special teams motivated move. 2nd last in kickoff coverage behind only Detroit is unacceptable.

SickwithIt1010
10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Well we about stole another one today right there at the end. It was bound to come back and get us eventually. We cant keep winning games the way we are doing. We need to put together a complete game from start to finish. If Vick doesnt fumble the rock going into the endzone, etc. Big Ben killed us making the first guy miss and we seemed to struggle tackling Mendenhall. The team has soooo much promise, but we just havent put it together yet.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
We should roll out these jerseys this week for good luck...

http://leftfielduniforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PhiladelphiaEaglesThrowback.jpg

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
We should roll out these jerseys this week for good luck...

http://leftfielduniforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PhiladelphiaEaglesThrowback.jpg

Might not hurt, lol, just in case. Its a shame I was never given one of them (because I'd never buy one with my own money, lol) in that style, or I would.

The way I see it, Kevin Curtis had something like 190 yards and two TDs with those jerseys, maybe if we do it again Maclin or DeSean could do the same.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Might not hurt, lol, just in case. Its a shame I was never given one of them (because I'd never buy one with my own money, lol) in that style, or I would.

The way I see it, Kevin Curtis had something like 190 yards and two TDs with those jerseys, maybe if we do it again Maclin or DeSean could do the same.

Lions only giving up 213 YPG through the air(against some very average QBs) and they finally get Louis Delmas back which limits big plays(at least it did the first 10 weeks last year before his injury). I hope they don't give up big yards like the last 2 games against Philly for Detroit.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Bold prediction: Calvin Johnson scores his first TD of the season on Sunday.

Going out on a limb, I know.

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Lions only giving up 213 YPG through the air(against some very average QBs) and they finally get Louis Delmas back which limits big plays(at least it did the first 10 weeks last year before his injury). I hope they don't give up big yards like the last 2 games against Philly for Detroit.

I'm not foolish enough to make any predictions this season on a game to game basis for this Eagles team, especially anything like that. Its possible, absolutely, and though I like Delmas, its moreso for his physicality than his ranginess, so big plays (though less likely with him starting) are still possible. I didn't know he was coming back from injury, TBH, but he'll be tested early to see if he is 100%. This game could be like the rest of the season has been so far (really close) or could be a blowout for either team. I look forward to what I'm sure will be a nail biting game that will shorten my lifespan, either way.

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Bold prediction: Calvin Johnson scores his first TD of the season on Sunday.

Going out on a limb, I know.

I would bet on that, honestly. Its only a matter of time before he does it. I just hope its not for something like Fitz did against us.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
The Delmas return doesnt worry me at all. Its the thought of our interior line going against Suh. Their corners are ******* horrible, Stafford has looked mediocre this year, their line struggles and its a great game for us to get back on track as far as generating some pressure. They have zero threats on the other side of Calvin outside of Pettigrew, but with the way we have been playing games they may very well play with us. It shouldnt be that way...but it prolly will.

eaglesalltheway
10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
The Delmas return doesnt worry me at all. Its the thought of our interior line going against Suh. Their corners are ******* horrible, Stafford has looked mediocre this year, their line struggles and its a great game for us to get back on track as far as generating some pressure. They have zero threats on the other side of Calvin outside of Pettigrew, but with the way we have been playing games they may very well play with us. It shouldnt be that way...but it prolly will.

If Suh has a good game, I have a feeling its not going to matter what their secondary is. We're going to need a huge game out of Watkins, Mathis, and Reynolds for our offense to generate successful drives. And to avoid turnovers of course, but.. yeah. This is going to be another game where we look great for a little while on offense, and when Suh and the rest of their front 7 have some momentum, they will make our offense look inept. I fully expect another close game, and until the Eagles find their identity this season, we should expect that to stay the same.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
10-10-2012, 10:27 AM
I would bet on that, honestly. Its only a matter of time before he does it. I just hope its not for something like Fitz did against us.

Calvin had a TD against Tennesee. No Stafford to Calvin yet though. Hill came in the game as Stafford hurt his hip.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
10-10-2012, 10:38 AM
If Suh has a good game, I have a feeling its not going to matter what their secondary is. We're going to need a huge game out of Watkins, Mathis, and Reynolds for our offense to generate successful drives. And to avoid turnovers of course, but.. yeah. This is going to be another game where we look great for a little while on offense, and when Suh and the rest of their front 7 have some momentum, they will make our offense look inept. I fully expect another close game, and until the Eagles find their identity this season, we should expect that to stay the same.

Lions haven't forced a pick yet this season in 4 games against Bradford, Alex Smith, Jake Locker and Christian Ponder. Plus inconsistent pressure. That's bad. Vick should be safe with picks unless Detroit steps up their pressure which if your interior is bad is possible. Corey Williams is out so it's up to Suh and Fairley(who hasn't shown up since Week 1) Fumbles should be Vicks only issue. Suh and Avril have done solid this year but still need to step it up to help create turnovers and be dominate like the Lions hope and bring more consistent pressure. KVB age has caught up to him but he still has a nonstop motor and backups Lawrence Jackson and Willie Young have done nothing this season. Lions held Vikings to 6 offensive points though, hopefully they can hold the Eagles to 14 or so but on the road the Lions defense hasn't played as well (27 to San Fran, 23 to Titans plus 21 other non defensive points). Special teams and redzone is where Detroit is losing games. Does DJax still return punts?

Lions corners are better than people realize. Chris Houston has played well since 2010 for Detroit. Bill Bentley is a rookie but hasn't been beat badly in coverage other than 2 penalties last week. The problem was the safeties against the 49ers Vernon Davis and Titans on two long plays without Delmas.

Should be a great close game that the Lions can steal if the Lions can get a turnover or two. If they don't I think the Eagles win this one, maybe pretty handily.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I think it's time to abandon the wide nine. Teams have figured it out and we're not getting enough pressure because the other qbs are just doing shorter drops.

I also saw something that said the reason Vick keeps fumbling is because of the vest he's wearing and honestly it kind of makes sense.

SickwithIt1010
10-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I think it's time to abandon the wide nine. Teams have figured it out and we're not getting enough pressure because the other qbs are just doing shorter drops.

I also saw something that said the reason Vick keeps fumbling is because of the vest he's wearing and honestly it kind of makes sense.

Well considering most times when he fumbles it he's carrying the ball like a loaf of bread it seems like more of an excuse than anything.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM

I had been saying it since he got it. It's ******* kevlar, that **** won't give near as much as your body does while you wear it. Look back on all of Vick's fumbles this year, SWI, he actually is holding the ball against his body for most of them, with the exception of the fumble at the goal line in the Steelers game, I can't remember any of them where he was carrying, say... like he did last season. The vest is definitely a factor in his fumbles. When you have a man swatting his arm against your side going for a strip fumble, the kevlar doesn't bend inward like his flesh and ribs would, so more energy is directed away from the body (like a bounce). He's got to find a way to work with it, or he's screwed.

Also, the game yesterday... Let's just say I'm glad the bye week is here.

cunningham06
10-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I had to miss yesterdays game and haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd prefer this season. How's Fletcher Cox looking (aside from his ejection)?

Everything I've seen from Kendricks points to him being a total steal but I haven't gotten to really watch our first pick as much as I'd like.

Bigp5437
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Guess that's one way to scrap the Wide-9...

Todd Bertuzzi
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Wide 9's not even Castillo's creation so I doubt it's gone. I do hope we see less of it tbh.

SickwithIt1010
10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Castillo had no part in bringing in the wide 9. We need to be producing more turnovers, and the face that this team hasnt had a sack in 3 ******* weeks in unacceptable with our pass rushers.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I had to miss yesterdays game and haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd prefer this season. How's Fletcher Cox looking (aside from his ejection)?

Everything I've seen from Kendricks points to him being a total steal but I haven't gotten to really watch our first pick as much as I'd like.

His contributions in the stat sheet aren't as obvious as Kendricks, but his impact might be (probably is) greater. He is a lot more stout against the run than I expected in this point in his career. He has handled blockers incredibly, and clears the trash for our LBs. There are already plays where you can see what he has ahead of him. Thumper would probably also say the same, he has been very impressive (minus the ejection) on a consistent basis. I don't know what his stats are, and I'm about to look them up after I finish this post, but he has been making plays behind the line of scrimmage in the run game as well as generating pressure in the pass game, though IDK if he registered a sack in the first three weeks or not.

Edit:
11 total (10 solo) tackles, 3 PBUs, 1 sack, 1 TFL. And I can think of at least ten plays where you can see as a direct result of him occupying a blocker, has has allowed another one of our defenders to make a play. Those 3 PBUs are big too, I didn't realize he had three already. I'm very happy with how he has been playing so far and think we nailed it with his selection as well.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Marty Mornhinweg is going to celebrate still being employed by dialing up 75 pass plays for the Falcons.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Castillo's main problem was his inability to counter opponent's offenses during the game. It is also one of the main things Reid has struggled with since he got here. Do I think he is a scapegoat? Not necessarily, but I don't think he'd have been fired if this team was over .500 right now.

Bigp5437
10-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Wide 9's not even Castillo's creation so I doubt it's gone. I do hope we see less of it tbh.

Castillo had no part in bringing in the wide 9. We need to be producing more turnovers, and the face that this team hasnt had a sack in 3 ******* weeks in unacceptable with our pass rushers.

That's my mistake..guess it was Washburn's doing then? Either way I'd be happy if we changed things up with it as well.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
That's my mistake..guess it was Washburn's doing then? Either way I'd be happy if we changed things up with it as well.

Our DE rotation is talented enough that we should be able to pressure the QB Wide 9 or not. Outside of switching to a full on 3-4, this DE rotation is talented enough that they should generate a decent amount of pressure, regardless of scheme. They haven't been running a balls to the wall wide 9 for a while, at least, but more integration of schemes outside of the wide 9 would benefit the entire defensive side of the ball, there is no question about that. Don't abandon it completely, because its nice to have that trick in your back pocket if you ever feel you really need to dial up a pass rush, but integration of more traditional front 7 in our defense would help the run game immensely, and more looks from our front 7 makes the offense's job that much more difficult.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Marty Mornhinweg is going to celebrate still being employed by dialing up 75 pass plays for the Falcons.
Apparently one of the things that may be also switching is Reid may be going back to calling plays, which makes that first sentence important. Reid also struggles to deal with making gameplan changes in-game, so if he is indeed taking over playcalling duties as well, that's going to be something to watch. Nice having you back, btw.

Castillo's main problem was his inability to counter opponent's offenses during the game. It is also one of the main things Reid has struggled with since he got here. Do I think he is a scapegoat? Not necessarily, but I don't think he'd have been fired if this team was over .500 right now.

D-Unit
10-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Sniper is back. ...but I haven't noticed him here much.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Granted, I'm horribly biased on this matter, but am I the only one who seems to think Brandon Graham should get more snaps? He's been incredibly limited in what he's been asked to do, but he's tied for second on the team in TFL with Derek Landri and he's fourth on the team in QB hurries, despite only playing 15-20 snaps on average. Jason Babin has been pretty bad pass rushing, which is his lone trick, and his run defense and outside containment are worse than ever.

I'll hang up and listen.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Honestly, you'd just hear your own words in another person's voice if your looking for my opinion. Whenever he is in he is around the ball and disruptive. Babin has been playing like flaming poop and Graham is showing he is hungrier and trying to prove himself. He needs more snaps, as long as it doesn't affect Cole's snaps (and even he is under-performing so far), which it shouldn't, he needs to be seeing at least another dozen snaps per game. Take 6-8 away from Babin and most of the others from Tapp. Phillip Hunt has been doing ok in comparison, so I wouldn't want too many of the little amount of snaps he sees taken away. Tapp can play both DE spots and let him be Cole's primary backup with Hunt and Curry (let's get him on the field) rotating in there as well.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree, everytime I have seen Graham get into the game I've noticed him getting pressure of getting into the backfield at will. He is finally living up to what some of us were expecting but now we don't get him on the field enough. We need to do whatever we can to produce pressure at this point because we aren't doing it right now. This is a team that lead the league in sacks last year and should regularly from year to year....

D-Unit
10-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Whoa looks like sniper sparked a conversation here! Maybe we will keep him around...

BamaFalcon59
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
You guys have about five, give or take, defensive ends that would start for the Falcons. Crazy depth.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
You guys have about five, give or take, defensive ends that would start for the Falcons. Crazy depth.

And yet we arent getting to the passer haha.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
It's because teams figured out how to counter the wide 9, pretty simple. The wildcat worked great the first year the Dolphins ran it because it was new and no one had quite figured out how to counter it. The next year teams caught on and it had to almost be scrapped. Same thing's happening with the wide 9. We had a lot of success with it last year and teams this year had to account for it when game planning against us. All the QB has to do is take a shorter drop and step up in the pocket and the wide 9 is completely neutralized. It's not helping our pass rush, it definitely doesn't help our rush D and it makes us prone to giving up some big runs down the middle. It's time to start reconsidering it.

eaglesalltheway
10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
At least use it differently.Much like players with different skillsets, it'd be nice to implement different schemes based on situation. If we're up big and the lead (should) seems safe. Line up in the Wide 9 all you want and get to the QB. That's when it'll be most effective. But if the team is in a close game or losing, you have to anticipate the offense running the ball more or using a more methodical type of drive. The front 7 is talented enough that we should stop most rushing attacks, at least, with just the front 7, as long as they are put in positions with a chance to succeed. Having three huge rushing lanes between our DE's with the Wide 9 makes the opponents' playcalling easy in those types of situations. Now that we have talent in our LB corps, lets show them off, not leave them vulnerable. And worst comes to worst, at least with a more prototypical base 4-3 defense being used more it gives the opponents more to gameplan on.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Not going to lie, I'm going to be a little bit disappointed when the Eagles beat the Falcons in two weeks. It's after a bye, so you know they're going to win because Reid never loses after a bye. But the faster they can know that they need a new coach, the faster they can do something about it.

Go_Eagles77
10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Due to getting a new job where I work 12-9 every Saturday and Sunday, I unfortunately haven't been able to follow football much this year but even I can see that Reid's time with this team should be up after this season. Who are some good candidates to be his replacement? Any Jim Harbaugh-esque guys in college football this year?

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
If the team can somehow turn this around and make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, Reid might save his job. But lets not bank on that, lol. There are definitely a few head coaching candidates that would be considered, depending on how Todd Bowles turns the defense around, he might be a candidate. Now we don't have a lot of history to go off of here, but Lurie doesn't seem to like going after college coaches, Reid was an NFL assistant, and when they went through the interview process, I don't remember hearing any college coaches that were being thrown around. If you're looking for likely possibilities, I'd look for prominent NFL coordinators. Now this is just my gut feeling here, but I'd imagine Lurie would still look for an offensive-minded head coach, but that's just my opinion.

D-Unit
10-23-2012, 02:59 PM
If the team can somehow turn this around and make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, Reid might save his job. But lets not bank on that, lol. There are definitely a few head coaching candidates that would be considered, depending on how Todd Bowles turns the defense around, he might be a candidate. Now we don't have a lot of history to go off of here, but Lurie doesn't seem to like going after college coaches, Reid was an NFL assistant, and when they went through the interview process, I don't remember hearing any college coaches that were being thrown around. If you're looking for likely possibilities, I'd look for prominent NFL coordinators. Now this is just my gut feeling here, but I'd imagine Lurie would still look for an offensive-minded head coach, but that's just my opinion.
I'd hate to see it...really hate to see it... but I wouldn't put it past Rob Ryan being interested in coaching his father's Eagles.

SickwithIt1010
10-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I would not want Rob Ryan anywhere near this team to be completely honest. I think he feeds off of us his brothers success and gets too much hype because he coaches the team with the "star". When I'm thinkin of big time coaching candidates right now I think of guys like:

Greg Roman: OC SF 49ers- Has coached with Harbaugh since Stanford and has shown that his offense can be physical. He runs the ball, and his teams are great with play action. His team does not have the weapons we have and his offense would only improve. The line in SF is much more physical than ours however. Would be interesting to see what he would do with the defense, having worked with Fangio and being apart of mainly 3-4 teams.

Rex Ryan HC Jets: Rex is a great defensive coach, he has his baggage due to his mouth but he seems to do that because of how much drama follows his team in New York and I feel he tries to bring the pressure to him rather than the team. The guy built that NY team up from being a very mediocre football team to 2 straight AFC title games. He is a defensive mastermind and is more of a 3-4 guy as well but I feel he would do some great things with our pass rushers. Someone is going to give him another shot as a HC.

Mike Zimmer DC Cincy- The fact that this guy isnt a head coach yet is crazy. He is a very good coach and was a hot candidate last year. He runs a 4-3 and has turned that defense in Cincy into a very solid unit. He would be in heaven with the pass rushers we have here and I feel he would bring the attitude and style they have in Cincy and the AFC North here to Philly.

John Gruden- His name will surface for all of the big time coaching gigs each off season. The guy is a great coach and has a west coast background, which our offensive playmakers are comfortable with. He understands that you need a great defense from his days in Oakland and in Tampa. He stuggled after his first year in Tampa because he couldnt find himself a QB and he would have his chance to take one in this years draft that he felt comfortable with if he so chooses.

Bill Cowher- Same as Gruden, when there is a high profile job...his name is going to come up. He was a great coach in Pitt and would bring a great mentality and the experience needed. There would be guys like Eric Mangini as well to run the defense that he helped make an elite 3-4 unit in Pitt. I believe the guy is going to get back into coaching sooner or later and Philly has deep pockets and I would imagine he may live in Penn.

David Shaw HC Stanford: Was Harbaugh's OC at San Diego and at Stanford and Stanford has not skipped a beat after he took over. He still has a very physical defense and runs a physical offense...the same one you see over in San Fran. He has learned under the coach who I feel is the best in the game right now and I would welcome him with open arms if we looked in the college game.

D-Unit
10-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I would not want Rob Ryan anywhere near this team to be completely honest. I think he feeds off of us his brothers success and gets too much hype because he coaches the team with the "star". When I'm thinkin of big time coaching candidates right now I think of guys like:

Greg Roman: OC SF 49ers- Has coached with Harbaugh since Stanford and has shown that his offense can be physical. He runs the ball, and his teams are great with play action. His team does not have the weapons we have and his offense would only improve. The line in SF is much more physical than ours however. Would be interesting to see what he would do with the defense, having worked with Fangio and being apart of mainly 3-4 teams.

Rex Ryan HC Jets: Rex is a great defensive coach, he has his baggage due to his mouth but he seems to do that because of how much drama follows his team in New York and I feel he tries to bring the pressure to him rather than the team. The guy built that NY team up from being a very mediocre football team to 2 straight AFC title games. He is a defensive mastermind and is more of a 3-4 guy as well but I feel he would do some great things with our pass rushers. Someone is going to give him another shot as a HC.

Mike Zimmer DC Cincy- The fact that this guy isnt a head coach yet is crazy. He is a very good coach and was a hot candidate last year. He runs a 4-3 and has turned that defense in Cincy into a very solid unit. He would be in heaven with the pass rushers we have here and I feel he would bring the attitude and style they have in Cincy and the AFC North here to Philly.

John Gruden- His name will surface for all of the big time coaching gigs each off season. The guy is a great coach and has a west coast background, which our offensive playmakers are comfortable with. He understands that you need a great defense from his days in Oakland and in Tampa. He stuggled after his first year in Tampa because he couldnt find himself a QB and he would have his chance to take one in this years draft that he felt comfortable with if he so chooses.

Bill Cowher- Same as Gruden, when there is a high profile job...his name is going to come up. He was a great coach in Pitt and would bring a great mentality and the experience needed. There would be guys like Eric Mangini as well to run the defense that he helped make an elite 3-4 unit in Pitt. I believe the guy is going to get back into coaching sooner or later and Philly has deep pockets and I would imagine he may live in Penn.

David Shaw HC Stanford: Was Harbaugh's OC at San Diego and at Stanford and Stanford has not skipped a beat after he took over. He still has a very physical defense and runs a physical offense...the same one you see over in San Fran. He has learned under the coach who I feel is the best in the game right now and I would welcome him with open arms if we looked in the college game.
That's actually comforting to hear because I love Rob and I don't want him to leave. Guys play hard for him and he's been able to make adjustments that work. He's been great at developing young talent and UDFAs.

One of these days Zimmer will get his chance. But you guys do know that the problem isn't the coach or the defense right? It's Vick.

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
That's actually comforting to hear because I love Rob and I don't want him to leave. Guys play hard for him and he's been able to make adjustments that work. He's been great at developing young talent and UDFAs.

One of these days Zimmer will get his chance. But you guys do know that the problem isn't the coach or the defense right? It's Vick.

If the eagles miss the playoffs, Vick is as good as gone.

D-Unit
10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
If the eagles miss the playoffs, Vick is as good as gone.
I doubt that.

SickwithIt1010
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Well if they miss the playoffs it likely means that Reid is gone, which will lead to Vick being gone. I personally wouldnt mind Vick being gone if Reid stayed...I think a guy like Tyler Wilson would be a GREAT fit in Marty and Andy's offense if we would somehow be able to get our hands on him.

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I doubt that.

There's a short time frame after the season where the eagles could cut Vick loose and not owe him a penny of the 15.5 million they'd owe him if they kept him around. If Vick continues to be mediocre, it would be ridiculous to pay him that kind of money. Sure, they could always re-structure, but I honestly would hope if Vick couldn't lead this football team to they playoffs, he doesn't deserve another chance.

D-Unit
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
There's a short time frame after the season where the eagles could cut Vick loose and not owe him a penny of the 15.5 million they'd owe him if they kept him around. If Vick continues to be mediocre, it would be ridiculous to pay him that kind of money. Sure, they could always re-structure, but I honestly would hope if Vick couldn't lead this football team to they playoffs, he doesn't deserve another chance.
Oh yeah? That's a bit of news I wasn't aware of. So what exactly would the entire cap hit be going forward? I know he just signed some ridiculous $100M dollar contract but I don't know the details of it.

igglefanz
10-26-2012, 01:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/30/more-vick-contract-details/

Basically if they cut him before June 1 2013 all they would take as a salary cap hit is 4.2 million. If they keep him for one more year its only 2.8 million hit pre June 1 2014. The Eagles protected themselves in this contract and tend to do that alot . The last 2 years really the only contract of all they signed , which is Bell, Babin, Jenkins, Namdi, Young ect the only one that is really one that the Eagles have to hold is Namdi's. Most every one else they signed there is a way out for them. Eagles are if anything one of the best at using the salary cap to their advantage.

D-Unit
10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/30/more-vick-contract-details/

Basically if they cut him before June 1 2013 all they would take as a salary cap hit is 4.2 million. If they keep him for one more year its only 2.8 million hit pre June 1 2014. The Eagles protected themselves in this contract and tend to do that alot . The last 2 years really the only contract of all they signed , which is Bell, Babin, Jenkins, Namdi, Young ect the only one that is really one that the Eagles have to hold is Namdi's. Most every one else they signed there is a way out for them. Eagles are if anything one of the best at using the salary cap to their advantage.
Yep. Sounds like his days are winding down.

J-Mike88
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
This phucking offensive line should be sued for lack of support.
They are pathetic.

I'm sorry for Vick, and you fans.....

SickwithIt1010
11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I know Peters is the best LT in the game and Kelce is very good in his own right but the fact that these guys are this bad blows my ******* mind. Like I thought Mudd could make anyone at least presentable but even this is too much for him.

eaglesalltheway
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Dennis Kelly shouldn't be playing that was made blatantly obvious last night. Dallas Reynolds as well, but Dennis Kelly is much further away, and honestly, after his performance last night, I have doubts in his ability to ever be an NFL calibur O-linemen. Injuries to our OL haven't helped in the least bit but we knew OL depth was an issue going into the season, it was something that I, and many others of us expressed concerns over as the season was about to start, and it is evident that our worries were valid. I think expectations have made themselves prominent at this point in the season, and honestly, the only way we should be expecting more out of this team is if we get our OL back healthy (minus Peters) and playing better.
This might be the first time in years we have our draft slot in the top 10, and if that is the case, we need to start looking into players on our roster like Foles and getting some more tape on them for self evaluation going forward. Look at Vick's body language the past few weeks, even before the game has started, he looks defeated, doesn't have that energy he had, especially two years ago. If the team continues in the direction its showed its traveling the past few weeks, a major change of course is necessary, in one way or another.

brat316
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
top 10 = new coach, gm, staff, franchise qb.

eaglesalltheway
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Sadly this looks like the route we are going in my opinion. At this point there is little Reid could do (ironically it would have to be a lot) to save his job at this point. Vick has a little more leeway, but if he continues turning the ball over and the Eagles don't win, his time looks limited as well. I could see a handful of members of the coaching staff carrying over depending on the rest of the season, but for the most part it's be a complete overhaul.

cunningham06
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Our offensive line was atrocious last night, but last nights game really reinforced our need for new coaching.

We have a lot of great pieces on defense and this unit could be great if coached correctly. They looked great to start the season, but have digressed since, particularly in the last two weeks where we have looked beyond sloppy.

On offense there is no excuse for us giving McCoy 19 carries against the Saints. Our refusal to rely on the run game is absolutely baffling to me. We gashed them again and again on big runs, but then went back to this pass happy offense we all know and hate. Our playcalling sucks and its painful to watch our offense operate.

This offseason we need to clean house. New coaching staff, and a new QB. I hate to say it, but Vick's not the guy and the sooner management realizes this the better. We need a franchise QB and some offensive line help. I may be a homer but I don't think there is a huge talent gap preventing this team from being a postseason contender.

SickwithIt1010
11-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Tom Clements and draft Tyler Wilson.

Meh, I don't know...let me think about it a little more.

Bigp5437
11-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Herremans is done for the year too..sigh..I'm slowly starting to accept the reality that Andy is likely gone after the season..but I wish it didn't have to be like this
:( At this rate it's gonna be painful watching Vick scramble for his life out there -_-

cunningham06
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Herremans is done for the year too..sigh..I'm slowly starting to accept the reality that Andy is likely gone after the season..but I wish it didn't have to be like this
:( At this rate it's gonna be painful watching Vick scramble for his life out there -_-

Hello top 10 pick.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
If we are picking top 10 a QB will be the pick, IMO.

D-Unit
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
If we are picking top 10 a QB will be the pick, IMO.
If there's one team out there that would take Chance Warmack in the Top 10, it would be you guys.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Warmack is definitely high up on my list of draft favorites this year, but if any of Bark/Geno/Wilson are there...I'd imagine they'd be the pick.

D-Unit
11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Warmack is definitely high up on my list of draft favorites this year, but if any of Bark/Geno/Wilson are there...I'd imagine they'd be the pick.
Don't count out Foles just yet...

SickwithIt1010
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't count out Foles just yet...

Not really a Foles fan, haha.

D-Unit
11-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Not really a Foles fan, haha.
Ha ha. Neither am I. Just saying your team might think enough of him to pass on a QB in Round 1.

AcheTen (Thumper)
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Ha ha. Neither am I. Just saying your team might think enough of him to pass on a QB in Round 1.

What are the Cowboys going to do for a QB, though?

I could see the Cowboys needing to draft a QB within the next 1-2 years also. I don't see Tony Romo doing anything in the playoffs, and in the long run, I kind of see him as being finished as a top-10 QB.

eaglesalltheway
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
If there's one team out there that would take Chance Warmack in the Top 10, it would be you guys.

I would blow my load all over the place, especially if Foles can show us more to at least give the new organization some sort of impetus to let him stick around. I personally think he has it, and if he can keep his completion percentage high, his INTs low, and avoid some of the mistakes he made last week, IMO, he would deserve that shot. One of the things he will need to work on is his decision making on screen plays, he had a few dangerous screen passes last week, and if that continues, I'd expect a top 10 pick to be a QB.

eaglesalltheway
11-19-2012, 07:25 AM
After seeing Shady inexplicably running the ball in the fourth quarter and getting concussed, I've finally had enough. Do you guys realize that before the first half was over Foles had already attempted 22 passes, while Shady only had 6 (6!!!!!!!) attempts? So Reid decides we'll get him some garbage snaps with 4 minutes to play with a high school offensive line, and wouldn't you ******* know it, Shady gets concussed. I'm done with Reid, done with this offense for the rest of the season. At this point, I'm only watching to evaluate the guys that we should keep when the regime changes.

Let's get some serious coaching talk going here, who are some of the most viable options we have to potentially replace Reid next season?And just so everyone knows, as it stands right now, our next game would decide which is the worst NFC team in the league. If we lose, its us, if not, we'll have a "lead" over the panthers of 1(1/2) games.

brat316
11-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Kyle Shannon

cunningham06
11-19-2012, 09:42 AM
After seeing Shady inexplicably running the ball in the fourth quarter and getting concussed, I've finally had enough. Do you guys realize that before the first half was over Foles had already attempted 22 passes, while Shady only had 6 (6!!!!!!!) attempts? So Reid decides we'll get him some garbage snaps with 4 minutes to play with a high school offensive line, and wouldn't you ******* know it, Shady gets concussed. I'm done with Reid, done with this offense for the rest of the season. At this point, I'm only watching to evaluate the guys that we should keep when the regime changes.

Let's get some serious coaching talk going here, who are some of the most viable options we have to potentially replace Reid next season?And just so everyone knows, as it stands right now, our next game would decide which is the worst NFC team in the league. If we lose, its us, if not, we'll have a "lead" over the panthers of 1(1/2) games.

We need a new attitude to this team. I don't care whoever we take, I don't want another "players coach." I want a Nick Saban-esque coach who is a hardass and will not let our players get complacent. It is clear as day we are throwing the ball way too much. We need to get some maulers on this offensive line and commit to the run game. This team has a lot of talented players but we need to get a hard-nosed edge in the locker room. I know he's a polarizing figure but I'd be up for giving Rex Ryan a shot once he's canned in NY. I think he's a great coach but suffers from a poor GM and overly involved owner (trading for Tebow). The media circus in NY hasn't helped either, it is hard to build a cohesive locker room in that environment.

I'm just spitballing here but we need to shake things up. Bring a new culture to this team and make these guys want to play football. Schiano is doing a great job in Tampa, so maybe we should even look to the college ranks for someone new to run this team. I do like Andy Reid and think he can be a great coach, but we don't have the personnel to run the style of offense he wants to run where we pass it 40+ times a game.

Anyway it's time to start looking to the draft and evaluating prospects because this team doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs.

/rant.

cunningham06
11-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Kyle Shannon

I assume you mean Kyle Shanahan?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/11/12/kyle-shanahan-on-list-of-eagles-head-coach-contenders/

This rumor's picked up a bit of steam. He was a great position coach here in Houston and was a tough loss. Really sharp guy- very X's and O's, but I'm not sure how he would do if elevated to head coach. Definitely worth consideration though, and I could get behind us hiring a UT grad as HC.

LonghornsLegend
11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
What are the Cowboys going to do for a QB, though?

I could see the Cowboys needing to draft a QB within the next 1-2 years also. I don't see Tony Romo doing anything in the playoffs, and in the long run, I kind of see him as being finished as a top-10 QB.

I personally want one in the 1st round, but it'd be hard to pass up Jake Mathews, like really hard. Our line is so bad we have to address it, be dumb to take a QB and we need 4 new offensive lineman.

SickwithIt1010
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
David Shaw is a name that I would love to hear in Philly. The guy was an OC under Harbaugh at Stanford and knows the importance of a solid running game and throwing out of play action. He is coaching a team that has a great defense, while he doesnt win games in big numbers he gets it done. Draft ourselves a QB and let Shaw groom him from day 1.

Roman the OC for the 9ers would be the same way, as much of a prick I feel that Harbaugh is what he is doing is working and I like their plan. Roman will be a hot name in this years coaching carousal.

If I were to be looking at defensive guys and we want to stay with the 4-3 (which I feel we should) I would definitely look at Zimmer in Cincy, the guy has been HC ready for a few years now and would even give Rex a shot (he knows defense, period...doesnt have to be a 3-4) and knows the importance of a ground and pound offense.

There will be talks of Cowher and Gruden because this will be a high profile job, and there are pieces in place to win now if we come back next year fully healthy. I do think that Vick needs to go and if Gruden were to be the guy we would be able to draft ourselves a QB that he can work with ASAP.

eaglesalltheway
11-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I really like the idea of a guy like Shaw, or Zimmer. Either way this team is going to need some sort of personality makeover if we are going to see success in the future, and getting a tough, hard nosed HC like either of these guys would go a long way in doing so. Unfortunately i still have this feeling that Lurie will still shy more towards a pro OC. He's a businessman in the mold that he seems like he would still favor a guy who would fill seats with a flashy offense, at least IMO. I do see enough of a realist in him that he may not just be thinking that way, so it will be interesting to see how that all pans out.

Another thing to consider, what is Howie Roseman's future here after this season? I tend to think he might survive and make it through the regime change. He is held in high respect across the board within the organization and his draft picks and other additions have looked promising, so he's got a good chance. What are your guys opinions on Howie and his future?

SickwithIt1010
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
For whatever reason the thought that Lurie might go with someone like Chip Kelly is scaring the **** out of me. The guy is being looked at by NFL teams and was a signature away from being in Tampa right now. If he were to try and run his offense in the NFL we have the best pieces to try it, which scares me. Would it be fun to watch for a couple weeks? Sure would...but IDK about long term.

I'm probably thinking too much about it, but just one of those bad thoughts.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
For whatever reason the thought that Lurie might go with someone like Chip Kelly is scaring the **** out of me. The guy is being looked at by NFL teams and was a signature away from being in Tampa right now. If he were to try and run his offense in the NFL we have the best pieces to try it, which scares me. Would it be fun to watch for a couple weeks? Sure would...but IDK about long term.

I'm probably thinking too much about it, but just one of those bad thoughts.

I tend to fall in line with you in my thoughts on Chip Kelly. Not only for what you have said, (I'm sure it would be exciting to watch until NFL defenses adjust, but will Kelly be able to make that adjustment after, and all the subsequent adjustments that'll ensue after that one?) but simply for the fact as a fan who watches a lot of football, I not only want a change in philosophy, but it is of my opinion that with our roster, we'd be better served for almost a total offensive change in philosophy. We have talented skill position players, particularly Shady and Maclin, and great complimentary guys like Celek, DeSean, Cooper, and Harbour, but when you look at them, the base of this offense is geared more toward a "slower", more methodical type of offense. That is part of the problem with this team, is that IMO, our offensive roster is set up more for an offensive strategy similar to the 49ers (with Alex Smith) and our playcallers don't recognize that. This is going to especially be the case if Foles is indeed the future. That is why I'm more in favor of a defensive minded coach, or even better, an offensive minded coach who falls well outside of any tag of "big play west coast offense". This is just my humble perspective, but the true WCO style of offense would work here, we have the skill position players to do it, but it'd be better suited if we incorporate more of a running game than the prototypical WCO. In this day and age in the NFL, you are doing yourself a dis-service as any coordinator if your aren't incorporating multiple different types of schemes in you offense or defense, but offense especially. We have enough of our complimentary players with varying skillsets to have success in that type of offense, and as long as the offensive line is not in shambles like it is this season, it is less reliant on having a franchise QB, which at this point we can't be certain we have on our roster at all.

I must say I'm disappointed that Reid has decided that once Vick is healthy, he'll assume the starting QB spot. Part of this I think is because Reid expects to be gone this off-season and in a way may be trying to keep Foles' ability a bit of a mystery, whether its because he might have any type of plans for him wherever he ends up I can only guess. But it'd be nice to see as much of Foles as possible, so the team can get a better handle on what type of role he will play in the future, whether they see him as "the guy", a stop-gap QB, or a "wasted" pick. Unfortunately for Foles, our offensive line is a mess, and it will be very difficult for us fans and even some of the team scouts I imagine, to get absolute truths about his game and get a grip on his strength and weaknesses, what he should be working on, and if there are some things that can't be fixed. From what I have seen of Foles I see a glimmer of hope. Everyone knows he has the physical talent, we've seen him make accurate throws with proper zip when he has room in the pocket to step into his throw. But he has a lot of those non-measurables that are invaluable as a quarterback, he has a good idea of timing and feeling pressure, manipulating the little bit of pocket he has on most plays just enough that he releases the ball fractions of a second before contact. That is one thing I have been consistently impressed with since he got here and got PT in preseason. He also has that subtle confidence, his first drive in he came up to the O-line and gave them pats on the chest and subtly pumped them up, Vick hasn't shown that leadership in months, and you could see his last two games in action he lost that spark that a team NEEDS in their QB. Foles' confidence parlays into his game as well, he has shown he is willing to make those tight throws through tiny windows, which is a double edged-sword, but if he progresses well he could really cut down on his mistakes, one of his prevalent ones is his mis-timing of screen plays, he has had a few dangerous throws in that aspect that if he has a future with the Eagles, he's going to need to fix. He seems like a smart enough guy to figure it out with proper coaching, what remains to be seen is if he will get it with the impending coaching change.

Well... since I ended up explaining most of my current opinion on Foles, I may as well ask the rest of you guys your opinions on the future of the Eagles QB position. I kinda feel like I've just been switching from Head Coach to GM to QB with these topics, but I encourage continued conversation on all of them, let's not move on from them and let's get some continued convo about all of this. These forums are kinda dead, but we should be able to muster up enough posters to get some serious discussion going here.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Im personally not on the Foles train. I feel that if we are going to be picking as high as we will and we have a shot at one of Wilson/Barkley/Smith (even though they are not big time prospects like most years) I say we go with one of them. I think they are better than Foles and would be great fits with our skill players.

Being a USC fan I watch Barkley every single week and while most would say he regressed....but I really dont think that is the case. Last year we truly ran our offense through the run game for the most part even though the stats may not show it, McNeal ran the rock early and often. In the 2nd half when play action and the passing game opened up is when we absolutely gashed teams. This year Kiffen gave him more responsibility in the offense and I feel that Kiffen and Barkley had this mindset of "heisman" even when they didnt need to. They could have stuck to last years game plan and he would have continued to go off. He forced the ball to Marqise Lee frequently (which is hard not to do because of his talent) and is often feeling the pressure of having to try and put up 40+ points because our defense is horrible. What I'm saying is if we go to a more traditional ground type offense or even just a basic west coast scheme that puts a big emphasis on the run game, Barkley would do great because we have the skill guys that can get YAC and make big plays if he gets the ball in their hands. He is very smart and has leadership intangibles that are hard to find. I compare him to Matt Ryan as a prospect and he would be in a Matt Ryan like situation here in Philly.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I personally am not a fan of Barkley, never really was, if we're going to be picking that high and picking a QB, you want it to be a Franchise QB, I personally don't think Barkley is that type of QB. I realize we don't have a franchise QB right now either. But we've seen what happens to teams when they take a QB who isn't a Franchise QB that high. It sets the team back years. I'm more of a Geno Smith guy, honestly, even in the last few games, you see that he has more of a mental makeup to succeed at QB, particularly in Philly. He's a natural leader, and I just don't see that in Barkley at all. Wilson has that leader aspect to him as well, but he is going to need to work on his decision making. Personally, I'd be most happy if we got Geno out of that group, if it does come about that we are in need of a franchise QB. Wilson is going to be fun to watch develop wherever he goes, if he has good coaching he could be an absolutely great QB as well, but me not being a Barkley fan, I just see too much talent lacking in his arm and his confidence and mental makeup would make me a little worried, but that's just me. Ultimately, its all going to come down to how Foles performs the remainder of the season, draft position, and the new coaching staff. If we don't put the coaches in place to help our players reach their maximum potential, it doesn't matter who we pick. The changing of the entire regime is what I'm most nervous about with Andy being gone, whatever you can say about him in his time here, he brought continuity, and now that we don't have that, I'm having a hard time putting my confidence in this team for the future.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I think this year for us it becomes more a question of do we want to roll the dice on one of the QBs or do we take the sure thing in a guy like Joeckel? Honestly I think the best course of action for us with the way this class is shaping up would be to trade down and try to pick up another top 40 pick to give us three in total. The only problem is finding a trading partner who wants to move up and has the necessary picks.

Right now my wish list for round 1 looks like(in no particular order):

Joeckel, Lewan, Matthews, Warmack, Barrett Jones, Woods, Hunter, Banks, Rhodes, Milliner, McDonald

If we can grab two of those guys I would be ecstatic. Cincinatti has a couple picks in the top 40 with OAK's 2nd so that could be an option if they want to move into the top 10 and grab a stub.

As far as coaches are concerned the only guy out there I'd really be comfortable replacing Reid with at this point is Billick.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I think this year for us it becomes more a question of do we want to roll the dice on one of the QBs or do we take the sure thing in a guy like Joeckel? Honestly I think the best course of action for us with the way this class is shaping up would be to trade down and try to pick up another top 40 pick to give us three in total. The only problem is finding a trading partner who wants to move up and has the necessary picks.

Joeckel, Lewan, Matthews, Warmack, Barrett Jones, Woods, Hunter, Banks, Rhodes, Milliner, McDonald

If we can grab two of those guys I would be ecstatic. Cincinatti has a couple picks in the top 40 with OAK's 2nd so that could be an option if they want to move into the top 10 and grab a stub.

As far as coaches are concerned the only guy out there I'd really be comfortable replacing Reid with at this point is Billick.

Billick but not Gruden (dont know if he is a realistic option, im not just asking the question)?

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
EaglesATW, Wilson is my favorite of the group most definitely but I see him going number 1 by the time we get to the draft. If he were available he would get my vote, though. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about Geno is he is basically in the same situation as Barkley but in a worse defensive conference, yet he doesnt get near the criticism as Bark. Don't get me wrong I would not be upset with either of these 3 but I do feel like Geno is still riding the hype train from the Baylor game.

To question Barkley's confidence and mental makeup had me scratching my head as well. He is very advanced in those areas, his only real limitation is his arm (and maybe his height depending on what he officially measures in at.).

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM

Its a sad state when I say I've already expected the Eagles will be at a high enough draft slot that trading down some could be a logical option already, lol, but I agree with you on that. I do like the idea of a lot of the guys you listed, but its all going to depend on the coaching staff that comes in and the schemes that'll be implemented.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Billick but not Gruden (dont know if he is a realistic option, im not just asking the question)?

I'd probably be fine with Gruden but Billick would be my top option at this point. I've just always been a fan of his and I think it would be a good fit for us. Not sure where he stands on a comeback though. The dream scenario has to be bringing in Billick as the head coach and then if Rex Ryan is let go by the Jets we might be able to recruit him to be our DC. He was hired by Billick in Baltimore and of course there's the family ties to Philly. I'm sure he'd love the chance to go head to head with his brother twice a year so we could be a frontrunner for his services.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
EaglesATW, Wilson is my favorite of the group most definitely but I see him going number 1 by the time we get to the draft. If he were available he would get my vote, though. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about Geno is he is basically in the same situation as Barkley but in a worse defensive conference, yet he doesnt get near the criticism as Bark. Don't get me wrong I would not be upset with either of these 3 but I do feel like Geno is still riding the hype train from the Baylor game.

To question Barkley's confidence and mental makeup had me scratching my head as well. He is very advanced in those areas, his only real limitation is his arm (and maybe his height depending on what he officially measures in at.).

I'm not necessarily saying I think he's a puss, or anything like that, but he just doesn't show prominence in either aspect. He does fit the ball into some tight windows on his throws, considering his arm talent, but even more frequently you'll find he hasn't had the confidence in his deep ball at times that he should, and it has resulted in a more stagnant offense from SC, especially this season. Not all of it is his fault, but my main gripe is you don't see him able to have the consistent ability to minutely manipulate the pocket like either Smith or Wilson. His height isn't my gripe with him, there are many ways all kinds of players overcome lack of physical attributes, and once again, not saying he is lacking smarts or confidence or mental toughness completely, but they aren't prominent strong points of his game when you watch him, he is just average in those areas, from what I've seen, IMO, and objectively speaking, those aspects of his game are weaker than either Wilson or Smith. Overall out of Barkley I see a QB with adequate arm talent, physicality, and mental makeup. Adequate is a pretty decent way to describe him pretty much across the board, IMO, and if you are drafting a QB in the top 10 to be the future of your franchise, do you want an adequate QB, or do you use it somewhere else? These are the types of questions we are going to have to get used to in the near future for the Eagles, lol, and I don't look forward to it.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Todd, I would cum all over the place if we hired Billick and Ryan came along with him...however I think Ryan is going to get another head coaching job to be completely honest.

SickwithIt1010
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Not that I take the guys on PTI very seriously but one of them mentioned Jack Del Rio as a candidate for the Eagles job. The guy always had the Jaguars as a competitive team and is a good defensive mind. 4-3 background....not my choice but throw him into the discussion I suppose.

cunningham06
11-27-2012, 11:13 PM
So we released Babin (not surprising, he hasn't done ****) and DJax is now on IR.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game this season.

eaglesalltheway
11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Not that I take the guys on PTI very seriously but one of them mentioned Jack Del Rio as a candidate for the Eagles job. The guy always had the Jaguars as a competitive team and is a good defensive mind. 4-3 background....not my choice but throw him into the discussion I suppose.

I wouldn't mind it either as long as we have a bright, creative mind on the offensive side who will figure out the best way to use our weapons. JDR has always gotten good production out of his players and his coaching staff if you look closer into that part of his career.

And Babin is gone now, can't say I'm upset at all, the guy is a douche and has been a one-dimensional player who lost production in the one dimension of his game that was his strength. No doubt in my mind he said or did something stupid that resulted in him being released now instead of the end of the season, but at least now we'll get some more PT for Curry, Hunt, and Graham. All for it and Babin can go be a dickhole somewhere else.

SickwithIt1010
12-01-2012, 01:00 AM
#DavidShawToPhilly

Todd Bertuzzi
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Arians is quickly becoming a guy I really want in Philly if we part ways with Andy. Not sure if he'll be leaving the Colts so soon given all the circumstances but I would love to give him a shot here.

superman8456
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I really don't see that many pieces on this team that we can use to build for the future. We have youth, but we don't have much quality. A lot of overpaid players as well. I think its easier to list players I would actually want to keep, rather than who should get the boot. I think we're finally in a rebuilding phase, not reloading, and the end is not in sight.

Bigp5437
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Washburn fired too? Things are just an absolute mess right now...I knew the fall was likely coming, but not this fast :(

Bigp5437
12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Well now after reading some things I don't feel as bad about that..I remember them mentioning on the game last night that Washburn likely wasn't too happy about Babin being released..so wouldn't surprise me if things escalated quickly as a result I guess

SickwithIt1010
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
**** Washburn. He is a D Line coach with a head coach ego. If the guy is gonna ***** and moan about a player getting released he needs to grow the sack to take on at least a D Coordinator position. We are canning everyone, looks like Andy and maybe Marty are the only ones that last till the end of the year. Maybe Mudd, too.

brat316
12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
He should have been fired before Juanitia.

Bigp5437
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
**** Washburn. He is a D Line coach with a head coach ego. If the guy is gonna ***** and moan about a player getting released he needs to grow the sack to take on at least a D Coordinator position. We are canning everyone, looks like Andy and maybe Marty are the only ones that last till the end of the year. Maybe Mudd, too.

I don't think Mudd needs to get fired..it's not like he's had much to work with this year in terms of available talent..but he may go anyways if they do clean house..but whoever does stick around has some work cut out for them with the line..why did Peters have to get hurt..why :( I had a bad feeling about the season when I first heard about it..but not this bad :(

SickwithIt1010
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
My Current Hot List for Head Coach:

Slam Dunk/Can't Miss (Probably not realistic)
*Sean Payton*

1) David Shaw - Last/Current Job HC Stanford
2) Brian Billick - Last/Current Job HC Baltimore Ravens
3) Greg Roman - Last/Current Job OC SF 49ers
4) Jon Gruden - Last/Current Job HC Tampa Bay Bucs
5) Bill Cowher (higher, but dont think its super realistic) - Last/Current Job HC Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Tom Clements Last/Current Job OC Green Bay Packers
7) Mike Zimmer - Last/Current Job DC Cincinnati Bengals
8) Rex Ryan - Last/Current Job HC New York Jets
9) Chip Kelly - Last/Current Job HC Oregon Ducks
10) Jack Del Rio - Last/Current Job DC Denver Broncos

brat316
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Cowher is not coming back for the Eagles.
Gruden sucks stop with his name.

Zimmer, Ryan, Shaw are interesting names.

We need to look at coordinators more, that need a shot at HC.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
My Current Hot List for Head Coach:

Slam Dunk/Can't Miss (Probably not realistic)
*Sean Payton*

1) David Shaw - Last/Current Job HC Stanford
2) Brian Billick - Last/Current Job HC Baltimore Ravens
3) Greg Roman - Last/Current Job OC SF 49ers
4) Jon Gruden - Last/Current Job HC Tampa Bay Bucs
5) Bill Cowher (higher, but dont think its super realistic) - Last/Current Job HC Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Tom Clements Last/Current Job OC Green Bay Packers
7) Mike Zimmer - Last/Current Job DC Cincinnati Bengals
8) Rex Ryan - Last/Current Job HC New York Jets
9) Chip Kelly - Last/Current Job HC Oregon Ducks
10) Jack Del Rio - Last/Current Job DC Denver Broncos

Honestly, I wouldn't want Payton, but that's just because I hate the guy, and that was before the whole bounty scandal. on top of the numerous things I don't like about him, he just looks like the type of guy who has a whole lot of skeletons in his closet, that we'll find out about some time down the road. I do dig this list though, I personally am not as high on Billick as you and like Zimmer more. But I wouldn't jump ship (never jumping ship, regardless) is any of these guys would be named HC. I wouldn't be too happy with Rex, and would be real anxious to see how Chip Kelly would work out, and would begrudgingly accept Payton, but I like this list of most likely top candidates right now.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Rex is fine as a coordinator, don't want him as a HC. Zimmer is another guy I like better as just a coordinator. I wouldn't totally be against JDR.

Honestly I'm starting to think Reid isn't going anywhere though and I'm fine with that.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Rex is fine as a coordinator, don't want him as a HC. Zimmer is another guy I like better as just a coordinator. I wouldn't totally be against JDR.

Honestly I'm starting to think Reid isn't going anywhere though and I'm fine with that.

I still think Andy is gone. Nick Foles is literally his ONLY saving grace that could leave him clinging by the hairs of his mustache to his job, and I still think he's gone if Foles lights it up.