PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

brat316
04-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah he is good in the Pass, and he was diving around was like on the screen on every play in the playoff game against the Saints,

We just need that big saftey to help with clear running situations, where the S comes in the box or is just in the box becuase of the 46 D

brat316
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
look i had reply 1001

Go_Eagles77
04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
look i had reply 1001

And 1,000.

jonbrodo17
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
i was looking back on drafts and the eagles took jerome mcdougle, the next pick troy polamalu wa staken but that wouldn't make any sense since we had dawk and lewis but just puttin it out there

cunningham06
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
We also took Freddie Mitchell before Chad Johnson, players get overhyped all the time.

brat316
04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Also i mean look at it we dont really have that much successe drafting
Though we are amazing are drafting O Linemen

Our A grade players
McNabb, West, Andrews, Lito- still need to do more i think but i give it to him

and then we have so many players with potential we are usually drafting project players sometimes it works

bsaza2358
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I would say that the Eagles have above average success drafting. With the way the league is these days, you can't have stars everywhere. Having pretty much sustained success over the last 8 years is excellent, and that is mostly due to excellent drafting. You don't need all stars in a draft class to make it a good draft. If all picks are contributors, it's a success.

cunningham06
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I would say that the Eagles have above average success drafting. With the way the league is these days, you can't have stars everywhere. Having pretty much sustained success over the last 8 years is excellent, and that is mostly due to excellent drafting. You don't need all stars in a draft class to make it a good draft. If all picks are contributors, it's a success.

True you need role players, and situational players for the team to be something special. I greatly value these kind of rotational guys, and for the most part think we draft very well, but we haven't had a chance to see many of our picks play much if at all. Bunkley, Justice, MJG, all of these players I expect could be something special.

jonbrodo17
04-16-2007, 08:23 PM
yea i was just putting out there cuz its been kinda slow lately.
quick question would you rather have a Safety or Corner if all the people are there S(Nelson,Griffin,Meriweather) Corner(Ross,Houstan)

cunningham06
04-16-2007, 08:55 PM
yea i was just putting out there cuz its been kinda slow lately.
quick question would you rather have a Safety or Corner if all the people are there S(Nelson,Griffin,Meriweather) Corner(Ross,Houstan)

Griffin, but if Revis was there I would love to get him as well. I don't like Houston at all. Ross would be good too, but Griffin is my dream pick.

Green Kool Aid
04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Griffin

He's a leader. Total Philly type of player. Plays either FS or SS, and plays both well. Helps if pass rush is bad, and also supports the run well.

I don't understand why some people think the eagles will take a first round cb. Sheldon Brown isn't going to be moving to safety anytime soon, and we'd have a 1st round nickel cb who played maybe 50% of the time.

I also don't think sheldon would take kindly to being demoted to nickel either. I think it's gotta be either DE or safety, unless bowe, meacham, or olsen were there.

cunningham06
04-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Sheldon is a pro bowler, it doesn't matter who we draft, he would never be demoted to nickel. Especially with the Eagles style of never starting their rookies, so the demotion point makes no sense. We play quite a bit of nickel, and having another great cover guy would give us more flexibility on defense.

bsaza2358
04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I really don't think the Eagles are going to draft CB really high this year when Lito and Sheldon are both Pro-Bowl quality CB's, and they're both in their primes. I think maybe next year the team may go out and try to get some CB's to apprentice and replace one of the two, but I don't see it happening this season. I figure we're much more likely to see safety, DLine, LB, or TE early than CB.

jonbrodo17
04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
there are some rumors of Brown moving to safety (sorry, no source but the fact that he played some safety last year indicated it) I would like Ross and Griffin

bsaza2358
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Brown could maybe play some safety. He is a good tackler, but he has been a fine CB and a pro bowler at the position. Plus, he's only 26 or 27. I don't see a need for a 5'10" CB to move to safety when he has proven himself there. Makes little sense to me.

sirsmokealot28
04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
i'm down with taking someone other than griffin....safety is such a sleeper position you can find good safeties all over the draft board once its over, hence guys like lewis ....most pro bowl safeties weren't selected in the first round. andy reid knows this....the same is true for wr....they gave it a chance once and it blew up in their face just like the expected "freddie mitchell" its unfortunate that these are the two positions we need. its usually not worth while (especially in the first year) taking wr and safeties in the first round.....look how good baskett and brown did in their respective rookie seasons, better than most wr taken earlier than them. i wish we had the resources and balls to just trade up for calvin johnson.

bsaza2358
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
You CAN find good players in all rounds and even UDFA's. However, first rounders have the highest success rate at pretty much every position. I don't need to explain to anyone why that is. I want the Eagles to take a guy who is a good value at wherever they pick and for them to get a good impact player. I don't have a preference as to where this is. No matter what the position, I want to see impact and performance in 2007. If there isn't a good value available, I'm perfectly fine trading back a few spots to get a better value.

PhillytoSB07
04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Anybody have a say on this?

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18218928&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18170&rfi=6

Article by Bob Grotz.

If it's a linebacker, it would be their first since Jerry Robinson of UCLA in 1979. And it might be Paul Posluszny (6-1, 237) of Penn State, who said recently he thought the Eagles were interested and that his in depth get-together with them at the scouting combine "went well - very well."

bsaza2358
04-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I personally believe that Poz's skill set does not fit the mold of what the Eagles want from their LB's. They prefer an attacking style LB who can also cover TE's out of the backfield and play zone. Poz's strength, as I have said many times, is reading and reacting. I don't think he translates well to the Eagles defense. However, if they were to adjust the scheme into something more "traditional", Posluzsny could be an interesting addition. I won't write it off completely, but I really can't foresee it happening.

PhillytoSB07
04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Bsaza, how well do you think Tanard Jackson, CB, out of Syracuse, would do on the Eagles? I've heard (...in a PF Weekly Draft Magazine) that he can contribute immediately at nickel and may eventually develop into a solid No. 2 corner. He's also said to be able to convert to safety and also fit into the Cover-2 scheme very well. If we don't pick up a CB or S in the 1st, I'd love to grab him in the 2nd.

...some other news...Ryan Moats is supposedly being actively shopped by the Eagles. Announced by Dave Spardaro on Eagles Live.

bsaza2358
04-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Bsaza, how well do you think Tanard Jackson, CB, out of Syracuse, would do on the Eagles? I've heard (...in a PF Weekly Draft Magazine) that he can contribute immediately at nickel and may eventually develop into a solid No. 2 corner. He's also said to be able to convert to safety and also fit into the Cover-2 scheme very well. If we don't pick up a CB or S in the 1st, I'd love to grab him in the 2nd.

...some other news...Ryan Moats is supposedly being actively shopped by the Eagles. Announced by Dave Spardaro on Eagles Live.

Jackson is an interesting prospect. He has good size (6'0", 200 lbs), and he has a lot of skills, but he is also very raw and does a lot of guessing. I think to start, he'd be a sub-package player, maybe a dime CB. I would rather have Hanson at nickel over a rookie. Jackson will need to be coached on his technique and reading/digesting offensive schemes before he is ready to see the field. Normally, I'd call him an early fourth rounder for the Eagles. I feel like some team who plays a Cover 2 will want to use him and will try to coach him up. According to a reliable source of mine, Jackson has "second round talent, but fifth round intangibles". I think the Eagles are looking for game-ready players more than projects, especially on Day 1.

cunningham06
04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Jackson is an interesting prospect. He has good size (6'0", 200 lbs), and he has a lot of skills, but he is also very raw and does a lot of guessing. I think to start, he'd be a sub-package player, maybe a dime CB. I would rather have Hanson at nickel over a rookie. Jackson will need to be coached on his technique and reading/digesting offensive schemes before he is ready to see the field. Normally, I'd call him an early fourth rounder for the Eagles. I feel like some team who plays a Cover 2 will want to use him and will try to coach him up. According to a reliable source of mine, Jackson has "second round talent, but fifth round intangibles". I think the Eagles are looking for game-ready players more than projects, especially on Day 1.

I don't think it's so much that he is raw, he has had 3 seasons of starting experience, but that if we were to draft him he would really have to work on his man coverage ability. At Syracuse he didn't do primarily man coverage like he would in Philly, so he would really have to work on his man-to-man. As for guessing, he has quite good instincts, and he doesn't gamble as much as some would lead you to believe. If we were to take him in the second, it's possible he would be gone by then, but if we were to take him, I would certainly want to have him play nickel. Hanson is good, but Jackson is too good of a player to not get on the field right away. His read and react skills are one of his strengths. He's also good against the run, so I think he's one of the better fits for us at the CB position. He needs to get a lot stronger, he's not as fast as one would hope and he needs to work on his catching, but I really like him as a prospect and would be happy if we took him in round 2.

Go_Eagles77
04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I would be very happy taking Jackson in round 2 as well. Assuming we didn't take one round 1. He could be a great nickel cb.

jonbrodo17
04-17-2007, 06:39 PM
i am interested in the post a while ago about the eagles actively shopping moats, thoughts, rumors?

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't think it's so much that he is raw, he has had 3 seasons of starting experience, but that if we were to draft him he would really have to work on his man coverage ability. At Syracuse he didn't do primarily man coverage like he would in Philly, so he would really have to work on his man-to-man. As for guessing, he has quite good instincts, and he doesn't gamble as much as some would lead you to believe. If we were to take him in the second, it's possible he would be gone by then, but if we were to take him, I would certainly want to have him play nickel. Hanson is good, but Jackson is too good of a player to not get on the field right away. His read and react skills are one of his strengths. He's also good against the run, so I think he's one of the better fits for us at the CB position. He needs to get a lot stronger, he's not as fast as one would hope and he needs to work on his catching, but I really like him as a prospect and would be happy if we took him in round 2.

So basically, he has some skills, but he doesn't use proper technique, gambles a little too much, has limited overall awareness, has limited man-to-man cover skills, and has some trouble catching the ball? How does this make him a second rounder? I would much rather get a guy with better intangibles and impact skills in the second round. I'm giving him a third round grade because if he hasn't developed these skills after 3 years starting in a major conference, what chance does he really have now?

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 08:33 AM
i am interested in the post a while ago about the eagles actively shopping moats, thoughts, rumors?

Moats was taken as Westbrook insurance a few years ago, and the ploy worked because BWest signed a nice contract, probably for less than he desired. Since BWest has done better and has been healthy, Moats has not had a chance to play. His skill set is very similar to that of Westbrook, so he's not going to get those touches. That being said, there are plenty of teams that could use his skills. Houston, St. Louis, Detroit, San Fransisco, Tennessee, Green Bay (maybe), and Denver all have a need for at least a backup RB. Those are possible destinations for Moats. I think it's best for the Eagles to trade him because he won't get PT with them, he's still cheap for the team that trades for him, and he has shown some intriguing potential in his limited opportunities.

cunningham06
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
So basically, he has some skills, but he doesn't use proper technique, gambles a little too much, has limited overall awareness, has limited man-to-man cover skills, and has some trouble catching the ball? How does this make him a second rounder? I would much rather get a guy with better intangibles and impact skills in the second round. I'm giving him a third round grade because if he hasn't developed these skills after 3 years starting in a major conference, what chance does he really have now?

I never said limited awareness, he has very good instincts. He breaks up a lot of plays, and is one of the more solid players in the draft because he plays the run efficiently as well as the pass. He is a very physical player, and in my opinion has a pretty high floor and could turn out to be a decent starter in this league. Just watching him play it appears he will make a good pro, he's very aggressive, and he knows what he's doing out there. His intangibles are fine, he isn't a team leader, but not many teams have team leaders at the CB position. He is a solid cover guy, while he isn't an INT machine, that doesn't mean he isn't good. Chris McCallister has never had the best hands but is still very good. Now Jackson isn't on that level right now, but I think of him in a similar way. I think he has the skills, he just needs to work on his man-coverage not because he's not good at it, but because he's not used to playing it nearly all the time like we do. His skills were more than adequate for the college level, and he did a good job in a major conference. Thus he is a second round prospect.

bsaza2358
04-19-2007, 08:32 AM
I never said limited awareness, he has very good instincts. He breaks up a lot of plays, and is one of the more solid players in the draft because he plays the run efficiently as well as the pass. He is a very physical player, and in my opinion has a pretty high floor and could turn out to be a decent starter in this league. Just watching him play it appears he will make a good pro, he's very aggressive, and he knows what he's doing out there. His intangibles are fine, he isn't a team leader, but not many teams have team leaders at the CB position. He is a solid cover guy, while he isn't an INT machine, that doesn't mean he isn't good. Chris McCallister has never had the best hands but is still very good. Now Jackson isn't on that level right now, but I think of him in a similar way. I think he has the skills, he just needs to work on his man-coverage not because he's not good at it, but because he's not used to playing it nearly all the time like we do. His skills were more than adequate for the college level, and he did a good job in a major conference. Thus he is a second round prospect.

I could definitely be on board, but the fact that he didn't dominate in the Big East concerns me a bit. It could be a result of scheme or the players around him, as well. You very well could be correct here. If the Eagles got him in the third round, I'd be very happy. I believe CB is a need, but not one so significant that they would invest a second rounder in a nickel CB when they have 2 very good/great players in their prime at the position. I know the team uses the nickel package quite a bit, but I see there being other needs that are more pressing. Just my opinion. Good analysis.

cunningham06
04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I could definitely be on board, but the fact that he didn't dominate in the Big East concerns me a bit. It could be a result of scheme or the players around him, as well. You very well could be correct here. If the Eagles got him in the third round, I'd be very happy. I believe CB is a need, but not one so significant that they would invest a second rounder in a nickel CB when they have 2 very good/great players in their prime at the position. I know the team uses the nickel package quite a bit, but I see there being other needs that are more pressing. Just my opinion. Good analysis.

Agreed, CB is not a pressing enough need for us to warrant a second round pick unless some really weird stuff went on. I would much rather us get a LB. Just saying as far as players go Jackson is a good one and I wouldn't mind getting him. The CB I really like though is Fred Bennett, he is awesome, and he has tons of potential. Either a CB or a DE in round 3 is where I would like to see us pick. I really want us to focus on defense this draft. A RB would be good, but apart from that I want it to be all defense.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Agreed, CB is not a pressing enough need for us to warrant a second round pick unless some really weird stuff went on. I would much rather us get a LB. Just saying as far as players go Jackson is a good one and I wouldn't mind getting him. The CB I really like though is Fred Bennett, he is awesome, and he has tons of potential. Either a CB or a DE in round 3 is where I would like to see us pick. I really want us to focus on defense this draft. A RB would be good, but apart from that I want it to be all defense.

I love Bennett too, I just have a feeling he's gonna be really good. He's my dream 3rd rounder but I don't think he's gonna last til there.

cunningham06
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I love Bennett too, I just have a feeling he's gonna be really good. He's my dream 3rd rounder but I don't think he's gonna last til there.

He's in our range in the third, the problem is I have a feeling he will get taken right before us.

bsaza2358
04-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I like Bennett in the third better than Jackson in the second round. This year's second round has plenty of talent that can help the team. Obviously, the draft is about fitting need and value.

brat316
04-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Or taking BPA for next year or just the BPA

bsaza2358
04-20-2007, 05:10 PM
BPA is part of the value discussion.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2007, 07:30 PM
He's in our range in the third, the problem is I have a feeling he will get taken right before us.

I would not be surprised to see them trade up in the 3rd if they really like him.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2007, 09:34 AM
There are a lot of drafts that have Bennett going in the mid to late second. Personally, I find it very unrealistic that he will last until the end of the third. I see him as goiing somewhere in the late secon-early third range. The only way I see us getting him is if we use our second round pick on him, (Which I wouldn't want to, there are plenty of options at other positions that I like more than him) or trade up in the third.

jonbrodo17
04-21-2007, 05:13 PM
sorry to change the subject on u guys but i was on the eagles site today and they were "on the clock" and like 2,000 people voted for Griffen, the weird thing is Ross and Meriweather wer still there, and I might be wrong but I think Revis was there, would u take Griffen over Ross or Meriweather?????

PhillytoSB07
04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I agree JonBrodo, it's getting a bit ridiculous with the amount of people that want us to pick Michael Griffin. I watched a video of him and he isn't much of an explosive player, just a solid player. That being said, I think he's a bit overrated and doesn't deserve the late-1st ranking that he's been given. I also watched a video of Aaron Ross (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4kndps7Z7M). What an explosive player he is! He's the kind of a player that can take it the distance every interception/return. I think Ross would be a very good pick at 26. Thoughts on Aaron Ross?

Another thing. Last year we thought about picking Winston Justice with the 14th overall pick, instead we picked Brodrick Bunkley. Justice ended up falling into the mid-2nd round because of character issues. As all of you know, we traded up to get him. Brandon Meriweather also has some character issues. If he slips into the mid-2nd round, does anybody think we'll trade up to get him?

One last thing. What is the likelihood of the Eagles trading OT William (Tra) Thomas on draft day to trade up in the 1st round or trade him for a 2nd/3rd round pick? I know the Eagles are high on offensive lineman but he's getting up there in age and he's keeping Justice off the field.

jonbrodo17
04-22-2007, 07:48 AM
the problem is I don't think Meriweather would fall that far, but if he would the eagles are known to try and get guys they covet

if the eagles were in a position that they would be trading up, William Thomas would be an interesting guy to trade, but i would hope they keep on to him and let him split time with Justice, but yea, if they really wanted someone in the 2nd/3rd round they could very well trade him

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I guess I am in the minority of the peolpe who want Griffin. He has put up spectacular stats against superb competition. Out of the top 4 safeties which are considered elite in this year's draft, he is the one that is best suited to play SS. He is a little short at 6', but so is Dawkins. The rest of the safety prospects aren't tall either. Griffin is the one with the most weight on his frame, and has the capability to gain more. Landry, even though he is out of our reach, is 202 lbs and it seems at though he is most suited to play a FS, and he has already filled out his frame. Reggie Nelson doesn't even fit our system and I see him as a possible bust, but he is best suited to play FS as well. Nelson is 195 lbs and it seems as though he can not gain too much more either. Meriweather is more undersized, lighter, and slower than Griffin, and has character concerns. This will cause him to drop. Our FO will not use a first round pick on him due to these character problems, and he may get snatched up right after our first round pick, so he is very unlikely as well. Meriweather is also best fit as a FS and we need a SS. Griffin has sufficient size and has room to grow yet. He has no glaring character issues and has the best production out of any of the safeties. I see safety as our biggest need and we will need to get one in the first or second round. Personally I would much rather have Griffin, because he is the most complete safety behind Landry. I see it this way, If Griffin is available at our pick, he should be the pick in the first, because if we pass up on him, the rest of the safeties in the draft all have question marks to some aspect of their game after Griffin. My order of the safeties that we could realistically draft would go like this...
1. Griffin
2. Meriweather
3. Weddle
4. Wendling
5. Piscatelli
6. Stone- He is a big sleeper we could possibly get in the later rounds. He is a perfect SS with his size, but lacks ideal timed speed. There are a few questions about his level of competition as well, but I see him as a possible steal.

Riotmaker
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
The only "elite" safety in this years class is Landry. No other safety is in his league. There's a reason he's top 8 while all the others should go 20+.

Explain why Reggie Nelson doesnt fit the Eagles system. You're definitely talking out of your ass here. He's the perfect FS in the Eagles system. Ever notice how Dawkins plays a lot of CF and then comes up and blitzes often for a FS? That's Nelson.

You are putting way too much stock into size. Reggie Nelson is 5'11" 195 pounds. Dawkins is 6'0" 205 pounds. You think an inch and 10 pounds is a big deal? Please dude.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree that Landry is waay ahead of the rest of the pack in terms of safeties. He is more of a complete package than everyone else, but Griffin has the best overall package after him. Griffin is solid against both the run and pass, while Nelson is strictly a center feilder type of player. Nelson was never brought in the box to blitz, and he rarely blitzed at all at Florida anyway. You may be confusing him with Landry, who is a very effective and devastating blitzer from the safety position. Nelson is nowhere near the type of player that Dawkins is. Dawkins is good against both the run and pass, and can lay the big hit, while Nelson plays at his best when he stays in the secondary covering a receiver. Nelson is very ineffective when he tries to cover the run. Considine is even a better guy covering the run than Nelson. Besides, do you really want to have 3 FSs on this team, while having no viable SS? Griffin would not cause that problem. Meriweather does have a good game, but he does have limited size. Like I said before, it doesn;t matter anyway, because the Eagles will not pick him in the first. Griffin has the good blend that is needed out of a safety in our defense. He is not a liability against the run or pass, and plays well against both. Landry is the only safety I would want more than him, but there is no way we would be able to get him. Nelson is a one-dimensional safety who is not good against the run AT ALL, and Meriweather is out of the equasion with his character issues, so that leaves Griffin, who has the potential to turn out to be a Pro-Bowler in the NFL.

Riotmaker
04-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Even if he was drafted to be a FS, Considine played SS last year. He's bulked up to the 215 pound area. You think he's going to stay at FS? No way.

Nelson isnt good at the run, I never said he was. He had something like 4 or 5 sacks his sophomore year. That isnt blitzing a lot? I know he didnt blitz as much this year because he was the best centerfielder in the nation, but he's shown he's fully capable of it. As far as "nowhere near the type of player Dawkins is," why not? The only difference is that Dawkins is good against the run. They're extremely similar otherwise. If Dawkins isnt a good comparison for you, think Ed Reed.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Considine bulked up to the 215 area, so what? It doesn't matter how big someone is, it is their style of play, and Considine is a natural FS. I looked up stats for Nelson, and I found no indication of any sack numbers. Even if he did have sacks in his sophomore year, they were at a Junior College, which brings up another point. He has very questionable intelligence, which is a reason why he did not go directly to a major school. As for him being comparible to Dawkins, he does have a similar coverage skills, but the fact that he has very little, if any run stopping capabilty makes him nothing like Dawkins, or Ed Reed for that matter.

Riotmaker
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Considine bulked up to 215 so he could handle strong safety, genius. He was awful in run support last year. It doesnt matter that he's a "natural FS," does it appear that's where the Eagles want to play him?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2006&org=235&player=1
Reggie Nelson's stats. Unless you're suggesting that his JuCo played all the SEC teams, he was playing for Florida.

Um...Ed Reed hardly plays in the box. He plays CF a majority of the time, just like Nelson. They both are absolute playmakers and fly around the field, picking off passes and delivering huge hits. BUT since Reed is a better run defender, this makes them absolutely and completely different. Right.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Lsten up, genius, if you even new anything about any of his collegiate career, you would have realized that he was at JUCO for his freshman and sophomore years. On your link, it has Nelson in 25 games. He played in 11 games his junior year, and 14 his senior year, leaving no more DI games. He was at a Junior college due to his lack of intelligence, which you are displaying a great example of by the way. It showed his sacks were against Mississippi State, Louisiana Tech and Kentucky. Thats real top-notch talent there. The other thing about Nelson, he has Ed Reed-like qualities, he is in no comparison to Ed Reed, and even you should know that. And the thing about Considine, so what, he's 215 lbs now. It doesn't matter how much someone weighs. You can get a 250 lb RB and it doesn't mean he is a short yardage back. Take Michael Bush for example, he is 245 and is an excellent receiving threat out of the backfield as well. Or if you have a big 320+ lb DT, his style of play may not necessarily make him a run-stuffer. We all now that Considine is better in passing situations than running situations, and that type of play is best suited for a FREE SAFETY, not a strong safety. By the way, your name matches your personality perfectly, and your lack of common sense is astounding. And we all now Ed Reed doesn't play in the box, now you are the one pulling stuff out of your a$$. Do me and everyone else a favor, just drop this and don't bring it up anymore, it is getting redundant and no one wants to deal with this sort of stuff.

Riotmaker
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
First off, attacking people is awesome. Glad to see you're pretty experienced with that.

Your "25 games of D1 experience" has nothing to do with it. I really dont care that I got one year of his eligibility wrong, that wasnt even the point. Who Nelson got sacks against has nothing to do with the fact that Florida actually did blitz him, despite your assumption based on absolutely nothing

If he has "Ed Reed like qualities" how does that make them nothing alike? They're both somewhat undersized. They both are lights out hitters. They both have blazing speed. They both cover a ton of ground. They both pick off a lot of passes. However, since one is a bit better at stopping the run, it makes them not comparable? You can never find a perfect comparison.

Did you even read my post? Here's an EXACT quote:
It doesnt matter that he's a "natural FS," does it appear that's where the Eagles want to play him?
I KNOW he is better suited to play FS. I suppose it is just coincidence that they want him to start at SS, a position that you should be a bit bigger, and he bulked up? Yeah, must be.

cunningham06
04-23-2007, 02:39 AM
First off, attacking people is awesome. Glad to see you're pretty experienced with that.

Your "25 games of D1 experience" has nothing to do with it. I really dont care that I got one year of his eligibility wrong, that wasnt even the point. Who Nelson got sacks against has nothing to do with the fact that Florida actually did blitz him, despite your assumption based on absolutely nothing

If he has "Ed Reed like qualities" how does that make them nothing alike? They're both somewhat undersized. They both are lights out hitters. They both have blazing speed. They both cover a ton of ground. They both pick off a lot of passes. However, since one is a bit better at stopping the run, it makes them not comparable? You can never find a perfect comparison.

[U]I KNOW[/i] he is better suited to play FS. I suppose it is just coincidence that they want him to start at SS, a position that you should be a bit bigger, and he bulked up? Yeah, must be.

Considine right now is doing what he is supposed to, preparing for the season without thinking about what we are going to do in the draft. He's bulking up so he has the ability to play SS, but he is a better fit at FS. His bulking up was all his decision because he felt like he was getting rag-dolled last season. He has to prepare for the possibility that he will be the starting SS this season, because unless we draft Griffin and he does well enough in TC to start, that will be the case.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 07:32 AM

I KNOW he is better suited to play FS. I suppose it is just coincidence that they want him to start at SS, a position that you should be a bit bigger, and he bulked up? Yeah, must be.

He is playing SS right now because we have Dawkins as our FS and we were not going to make him change positions for a relatively unproven guy. Considine is just being a team player and bulking up a bit more for his role of SS. When Dawkins retires, Considine will take over the FS spot and an eventual draft pick, hopefully Griffin, will take over that role. I am not sure what to make of your opening statement. Are you glad I am taking shots at you? If so, I got a couple more, as long as you don't care, but you've got to have something to come back with to make it even. I am all for a "heated" argument. If not and you are just trying to make me look like an a$$hole, you were the one who started the attacks, and I honestly find no reason in not doing so.

jonbrodo17
04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
The reason why i am so interested in Meriweather is because I think he can play cornerback for a year or two (in nickle/dime packages) and then he will be ready to take over the reigns at FS. People say he is a bad guy and he admits he was leading the brawl (source: Philly Inquirer) but he was the only player to apologize (source: Philadelphiaeagles.com) I think he would be a good overall DB.

I am with whoever doesn't want Nelson hes small and he just plain doesn't fit our system you cant argue that.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Thank you, finally someone with some brains agrees with me. Meriweather is my second option just for the reasons you said before, aand I found out that the brawl was a rare occaision and he is an overall model citizen. HE does fit our defense better because of his style of play, Meriweather is willing to come up in run support and make plays in that area as well as pass coverage. That being said, I would still rather get a guy like Poz or Timmons or maybe one of the top DEs or Willis if they fall.

Riotmaker
04-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I dont see the point in getting into a "heated argument." It's a message board dude. You're the one who considers saying "genius" in a sarcastic way an insult, and then go out of your way to continually insult me. I really dont care. I've seen a ton of your posts and if you think saying that type of thing makes you more credible then so be it.

None of what you said is set in stone. You dont know that he's only bulking up to play SS for now, and you dont know that he will be the free safety when Dawkins retires. If you feel that Considine - Griffin would be a better safety combo than Nelson - Considine, fine. Don't go around pretending you know exactly what is going to happen.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I am not saying I know what will happen, I am saying what is more likely to happen. And I wasn't sure what the heall you meant by your one comment earlier, so I asked you a question. Did you notice how heated was in " ", it wasn't meant to be true. You are taking this too seriously.

bsaza2358
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Guys, guys, let's keep it friendly. There is no need to fight over any of this. Let's wait and see who the Eagles pick, so we can rally together to assail the front office.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I tried to do that before, but he kept on going. It turned into a joke for me after a while.

jonbrodo17
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
riotmaker really is a riotmaker

my dad thinks that the eagles will pick somebody surprising. who would it be if it werren't the usual guys like griffen, meriweather, ross, houstan, timmons?

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Are you including Poz in there? If not, I would say him. But if he is included in the list, I would say Brian Leonard. I know most of you won't like this, but the Eagles have brought him in for a visit, and are reprted to have a lot of interest in him. The Eagles will take a guy they want, and they don't care if it perceived as a reach or not.

bsaza2358
04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think the Eagles are going to take a RB in the first round. It is possible they'd take an OT like Joe Staley. That would be a total shock. It is also possible that they go and take a guy like Dwayne Bowe. Everyone is saying they're going D, but they could easily go and snag a talent like DB.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
The only reason I said Leonard is because it certainly isn't what many are predicting right now. I think we may go WR, but I doubt a guy like Bowe would be pciked by the Eagles. If we go with any WR, it would be Meachem if he was available, but that would mean that all of the other players at positions of need would have to be gone as well.

brat316
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
dwanye Bowe would be an amazing pick i would be going crazy a big man that goes over the middle and is a good blocker reminds me of Ward. I could also see the eagle going Jarret, 4.6 for a big man like him is impressive. He has game speed bet Hall in the michigan game.

I still want the option of Big running back you need 2 good rbs now, plus i want the eagles to bring back the three head monster, in the back field

Yeah the eagles do make odd picks anyone see us moving up and taking bunkley i didnt

bsaza2358
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
The Eagles didn't move up to take Bunkley. They stayed put. They moved up to take Justice in the second round.

bsaza2358
04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Bowe or Meachem would be fine with me, but I'd really like to get a guy on the defensive side. The team has given absolutely no inclination about which way they'll go. We'll just have to sit and wait.

cunningham06
04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Bowe or Meachem would be fine with me, but I'd really like to get a guy on the defensive side. The team has given absolutely no inclination about which way they'll go. We'll just have to sit and wait.

I really like Meachem and that would be a good pick, I'm not too high on Bowe though.

DraftMasterG
04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
ya the eagles really need a reciever

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 06:31 AM
No we don't. The only way we go WR is if all of our top guys at positions of need are gone. That would include...
PAtrick Willis
Michael Griffin
Brandon Meriweather
Paul Posluszny
Lawrence Timmons
Jon Beason
There are more, but all og those guys would have to be off the board if we were to pick a WR.

EAGLESCHICK
04-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Sorry guys I am new here, and have been on the move for a month, are they taking our draft picks away or was that all BS?

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't like Beason for the Eagles at all. He is undersized. The team has plenty of undersized LB talent already. I don't think Beason would really fit the need and make an immediate impact.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry guys I am new here, and have been on the move for a month, are they taking our draft picks away or was that all BS?

There could be some sort of salary cap ramifications, but the team will keep all of its picks. If they didn't report it properly, the league could have taken draft picks away.

jonbrodo17
04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
thank g-d they didn't cuz they really really really value the draft.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
They discovered an accounting error and immediately filed a grievance, per NFL procedures. If they had violated the procedures or kept it under wraps, they would have had a larger problem. They handled it correctly, so the worst thing that will happen is a salary cap hit in 2007-2008.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
It is a good thing, because we couldn't stand to lose one of our draft picks this year. I agree Beason is undersized, but that is why I have him at the bottom of my list.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Beason is a good playmaker, but the Eagles have a lot of LB's right now. Scott has said, and I agree, that if you have a lot of something, you usually don't have much of anything. If the Eagles go LB, they have to go for a guy with legit size and skills.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
What do you guys think of these

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=67623

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NLCINLLHPJAG/75thPC_9.jpg

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I think they're pretty badass throwback uniforms. I also think they will sell incredibly well in Philly and will make the team and the players a lot of cash.

jonbrodo17
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I love those jerseys. I was going to get a Spikes for my B-Day now, i hope that they sell a Takeo jersey of that

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I would be careful buying Spikes merchandise. He may not be with the team much longer.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 03:37 PM
This is great, I can't wait until the days when we can buy them, and watch the Eagles play in them.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Thought just occured to me, a lot of teams (at least three) are doing something with their jersies for next year. Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would bring it up.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it's pretty freakin' cool, but I also believe it is simply a money grab by Lurie and the ownership. They will make hundreds of thousands of dollars making, licensing, and selling those jersies.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Of course, but I still think it is a good idea.

brat316
04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
When is the throwback game

camp_eagles
04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
its September 23 vs the Lions

brat316
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
yes need to get ticks for that game so i can get free stuff

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Accident, didn't mean to post this.

jonbrodo17
04-27-2007, 08:17 AM
yes need to get ticks for that game so i can get free stuff

wat free stuff did they say they were giving out?

DowntownReggieBrown
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I would be careful buying Spikes merchandise. He may not be with the team much longer.

I assume you mean that he may only have a 1-2 year stay here, not that he won't make it through training camp or something right? ......26 hours, 10 minutes til the draft!

bsaza2358
04-27-2007, 12:35 PM
When I buy jersies in any sport, I like to have a jersey of an all-time great or the jersey of a current star player. I've had Dawkins Eagles jersies for years, I bought a Gagne Flyers jersey in 2000, and I got a Myers jersey in 2003. I hate the Sixers, so that means nothing. I hate having to get new jersies for any reason other than the garment wearing out. That's my personal preference. I'd rather not be stuck with a TO jersey, you know?

bsaza2358
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
wat free stuff did they say they were giving out?

Nothing announced yet, but I'm sure there will be some awesome giveaways at this game. 75th Anniversary celebration. You'll see some all-time greats, honor Reggie White and others, and I'm sure there will be a cool souvenier.

bsaza2358
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Alright, guys. I'm out of here. Be well, and I'll check in with you guys Sunday. Go Birds!

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Hasta Leugo, Bsaza. Have fun

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
See ya Bsaza, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow to I have to miss the first day of the draft too. So I know how you feel. :(

brat316
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
YEASSSS the draft is only 15 hrs away

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
When I sent this, it was 13 hours 26 minutes, and 14 seconds, according to my computer.

cunningham06
04-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I just creamed my jeans, it is the day of the draft.

jonbrodo17
04-28-2007, 07:16 AM
i remember last years draft day like yesterday. It sucks because i have to play a game today, and i was invited to the nova care center but it looks like im not going

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I just creamed my jeans, it is the day of the draft.

Ummm...Yeah...Right.

B-Dawk
04-30-2007, 12:43 PM
so dhani jones was released and Gocong is number one on the depth chart for strong side

Neo
04-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Guys... This is my first post (i used to post here like a year or 2 ago when the board was different and i ended up getting banned... but that isnt going to happen again) so i am going to make it a good one. The reason i felt like i had to start posting here again is because this is the only place i have found LOGICAL and SMART eagles fans. Philadelphia fans like to claim to be amongst the most knowledgable in sports, but seriously that is complete lunacy to believe, an intelligent football fan cannot listen to WIP for more than 10 mins without wanting to smash his radio, and as for the TATEr board... Ridiculous.
Alright i am going to address the first day of the eagles draft
First pick.
Kevin Kolb- This selection shocked me as much as it shocked anybody else. A QB with their first pick? WHAT!!.. but after reading some about him, watching some of his highlight tapes he looked awesome, and considering Andy took him at 36 he must have been very impressed. The eagles really didnt have many needs coming into the draft and taking a player that you think can be a great QB at 36 is a nice selection.
The only way this pick can be a bad pick would be if the eagles get bad play at the QB. If McNabb comes back and puts up Hall of Fame type #'s (like i think he will) for the next 5 years... This pick cannot be considered a bad pick.
Victor Abiamiri- Victor is a nice selection in the second round. Strong at the point of attack and has some pass rush skills. It does make you wonder if Howard is on the cutting block (unless they are going to hold 5 de's and 4dts)

Stewart Bradley- Big Strongside type LB, i love how eagles fans have already labled him an average LB "just like McCoy (who you havent seen enough of to call average yet) and Dhani Jones"

Tony Hunt- A big back, who dispite what everyone says wasnt good in short yardage, (stopped behind the line or for no game like 40 times last year) however his ability to pass protect and catch the ball out of the backfield make him more complete than your usual rookie RB.

As for the second day, both DB's were players that were said to have "high upside" and the eagles coaches have molded a couple of fine DB's who were taken late (al harris, Damon Moore) or undrafted (rod hood, Mikell)

Nate Ilaoa is interesting because he was on my radar before the draft... chances are like most 7th rounders he wont pan out, of course he could always end up being a perfect west coast fullback, you dont know until he gets on the field.

Celek was supprising with Ben Patrick on the board but alot of teams passed on Ben for other TE's.

That being said the Ben Patrick falling thing was kinda strange, my best friend starts for UD's football team and i have hung out with him and met Ben a few times. He always seemed like a good kid and i was even talking to some of his friends from duke at one of the games and they werent trouble makers. The reason i think patrick fell was because his INSANELY low yards per catch average. I thought that might have been a result of the Blue Hens painfully dull offense but Patrick never did much after the catch and he seemed to round off his routes.... He reminded me of Chad Lewis

bsaza2358
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=68189

Link to the Eagles site confirming.

camp_eagles
04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
so dhani jones was released and Gocong is number one on the depth chart for strong side

Its about time.

Number 10
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Alright here is my short Eagles analysis

I'm not even sure what you guys think about Kolb, too lazy to go back and check. But I hated the pick not because it was a QB, but because I would have taken Edwards or Beck there, both notably better IMO. And even though there are no glaring holes on your team, that selection could have and should have been utilized much more effectively.

I liked Abiamiri a lot more than most on NFLDC did, thus I gave that selection a nice grade. Typical Eagles edge rusher that will get to the QB on the NFL level, nice pick here. I assume he'll be in your rotation from the get-go, as he should be.

I was fine with the Bradley pick, nice depth selection. I was up and down on him as a prospect because he seemed very blah to me on some tape. Nothing special and not a Johnson type LB. Reminds me a ton of Nick Greisen actually and I don't see how that fits your scheme.

Hunt was an awesome pick, probably the best one for your draft value wise. I am very high on this kid and your short yardage issues should be over for the time being as long as he cuts out the hesitations I see in some of his rushes. Thick, powerful, solid finisher hear that will compliment Westbrook very well. I think he will have the largest rookie impact on your team.

Gaddis will provide competition for the starting SS role I assume, right? Did not like him as a FS but he could do well in your scheme. Very aggressive, consistent, reliable player that will be better than Lewis was within a couple years.

Celek....I only saw one tape of him and I came away impressed. Nothing special by any means but he flew under the radar for much of the season....but I still think Patrick would have been a much better pick for more reasons than one.

Barksdale....eh no opinion on him. Possible Hood replacement?

Ilaoa was a nice pick, be interesting to see if he makes the team. He can offer a lot to you guys but you don't exactly utilize FBs all that much, so you could have used this pick elsewhere.

Grade- C-

Just hated the trade with the Cowboys, just a very odd move. Better start hoping Spencer doesn't turn into a player.

bsaza2358
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
If you decide not to take a good trade because it might help a rival, you'll never get anywhere in the draft. Making excuses and not taking action will create more problems than it solves. There is nothing wrong with making that trade. After all, I think Spencer will not have that much success in the 3-4. That's my opinion. The Eagles had to get out of the #26 pick because they didn't really have a player of value there. The Cowboys overpaid to have the Eagles move back to #36. I was fine with that move.

The Eagles FO has a history of finding QB's that work best with their offensive set. If they say Kolb was the best available QB over Beck and Edwards and Stanton, that's good enough for me. These teams are trying to build a team, not impress Mel Kiper and amateurs like us.

I was fine with the entire draft crop, but I don't see any stars in this group. I think Abriamiri and Bradley have the most star potential, but I don't see a ton of long term impact production. That makes the entire draft a potential waste for a team that builds 80% through the draft.

Go_Eagles77
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Number 10, Kolb was definately a much better pick than Beck there because of the age difference, if they wanted a QB of the future, they don't want a guy that's gonna be in his early 30's when he takes over. Good job with the analysis though.

DraftMasterG
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
were so going to the playoffs this year

bsaza2358
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Do you mean the Cowboys or the Eagles, DMG? Your allegiances appear to be split.

eaglesfan_45
04-30-2007, 06:02 PM
hey that DMG guy has a eagles sig but under it, it says go cowboys which is ironic because we took Kolb with the pick they traded us, is he making fun of us?

eaglesalltheway
04-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure, he seems to jump all around in these pages. Maybe he is just an all-around football player, but hopefully he is more into the Eagles than any other tedam, especially the Cowboys.

eaglesfan_45
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
hey the eagles release Dhani Jones it is on the eagles home page and theey said Chris Cogong is the #1 strongside linebacker.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=68189

brat316
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
NIce i thought we would trade him, moats and McDougle but i guess cuts are rolling around

jonbrodo17
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
they had some guys they coulda traded, wat r we gonna do with Holcomb and Moats now?

brat316
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I really think Nab is going on PUP, and its Feeley and Holcomb, and then Kolb( becuase west-coast aint easy to learn)

Moats he probably will be cut, unless we can sucker some team into taking him Bufflo, Houston, Falcons, Denver since they had 4 picks

cunningham06
04-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I thought we could have gotten something for Dhani, I guess not. Jerome will follow his path most likely. Holcomb is gone, hopefully we can trade Moats.

bsaza2358
05-01-2007, 08:51 AM
I really think Nab is going on PUP, and its Feeley and Holcomb, and then Kolb( becuase west-coast aint easy to learn)

Moats he probably will be cut, unless we can sucker some team into taking him Bufflo, Houston, Falcons, Denver since they had 4 picks

McNabb will not be on the PUP, I feel. I think he will be back by Game 2. I'm pretty sure that Kolb will be on the team as a #4 QB to learn. They can't put him on the practice squad because he will be waiver-claimable for the rest of the league. I feel like Holcomb will be cut before training camp to give him a shot to get another job. Kolb has to be on the roster. Kolb, Feeley, and McNabb are guaranteed roster spots at this time. Perhaps Kolb has some sort of "injury" that requires him to be put on IR for the year. That means he can rehab, practice, and develop without taking a roster spot. The team did that with Gocong and Bloom last year.

bsaza2358
05-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I think the team is trying to trade Moats, but he won't fetch much. The guy hasn't played, and the team actually announced they wanted to trade him. If another NFL team desperately wanted him, he would be gone already. Moats will be cut.

bsaza2358
05-01-2007, 08:54 AM
McDougle has been a waste due to unfortunate injuries. It is also possible he was never that good to begin with. Even when he was healthy, the guy never really produced. I'm finally calling him a bust*. The * is due to injuries and bad luck, such as the shooting. He should have been cut last season, but he's definitely out now.

toonsterwu
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
My draft/offseason review is taking more time than I expected. Nothing really unique here, but I figured I'd start posting them as I finished each team. I started with the Eagles because I believe that the Eagles draft was one of the best this year ... which was odd, since my initial reaction was, well, bleh.

Philadelphia Eagles

Non-draft offseason:

Key guys lost: Darwin Walker, Donte Stallworth, Michael Lewis, and Roderick Hood

Key additions: Kevin Curtis, Kelly Holcomb, Takeo Spikes, Montae Reagor, Bethel Johnson

Comments: In all honesty, the losses of Walker and Lewis aren’t that significant. Lewis had played his way out of a job. Walker is a nice DT, but not a big loss, and they had to clear PT for Bunkley anyways. Adding Spikes/Holcomb as a result was more than worth it. Furthermore, Montae Reagor provides depth there. The loss of Hood isn’t that bad, as William James could be a capable nickel option. Curtis replaces Stallworth … and he might be more consistent. Adding Holcomb was probably to give them options since Garcia left. Holcomb’s very good at what he does, which is spot start and be a reliever. Not sure how Bethel Johnson really fits, or whether he’ll even make it (Jeremy Bloom is back). Spikes is the big name there, because if healthy, he’ll give them a solid leader and an upgrade over last year, along with more bulk. They did a lot pre-draft, giving them flexibility during the draft.

Draft:

Moves: They slid down 10 spots, going from 1st to 2nd, but netted themselves a 3rd and a 5th.

Kevin Kolb – Always has been a personal favorite. They needed to find a QB of the future, and while I was a bit caught off-guard by the move, this is the type of gutsy move that has made this organization effective in recent years. There’s enough evidence that the value of this pick was fine, and they deserve credit for getting into position for him. Good upside, a potential scheme fit. Obviously, if he’s playing this year, then they have tumbled bad.

Victor Abiamiri – Value was fine. He has 2-way end potential … exactly what they needed. A bit raw, but they are willing to work with raw DL talent. Good upside, though. Could be in the rotation this year.

Stewart Bradley – Value’s fine. They needed to get bigger linebackers, and they got one that can run. They seem fine with Gaither as a the future MIKE, so they get a guy that can fit on the outside.

Tony Hunt – Solid value, big back to complement Westbrook. Could provide some immediate help and beat out Buckhalter. The speed, or lack thereof, really killed his potential to go higher, but he’s a player, and should, at the very least, make a decent career as a backup, if not better.

CJ Gaddis – Love this pick. Just love it. Yes, they missed Meriweather … but they get a guy who could be the ideal SS fit for them. Gaddis can get into that 215 range without losing much. He has enough range, can cover, and is fine in support. Value seems fine. Special teams help perhaps in the short term, as he adjusts to the pro game..

Brent Celek – A good receiving TE to groom in case things can’t get worked out with LJ Smith. Value’s fine. Solid scheme upside. May not provide immediate help.

Rashad Barksdale – I liked the last Albany kid to be drafted (Kurt Campbell), but he struggled to adjust. Barksdale, though, will be better suited for the next level as he has quality tools. Value’s fine here, and he could either be a bigger corner look for them … or a long range replacement for Brian Dawkins. Good upside, but again, may not provide immediate help.

Nate Ilaoa – Reminds me of a little bit of Verron Haynes, but a better blocker. Solid late round addition that offers another big back option, and a versatile one. Certainly gives offensive minds like Marty Mornhinweg and Andy Reid another intriguing weapon.

Draft Roundup:

Rumor seems to be that once Meriweather came off, they wanted badly out of round 1. It makes sense, as leading up to the draft, they didn’t have many needs. Trading within division is always tough, especially knowing that their division will likely be hotly contested. I like the trade down a lot, as a result, as it got them into better position.

In the final conclusion, I like this draft. I really do. Why? They went into the draft needing 2-way end potential. Check. They need young DB options, particularly at safety. Check. They needed a young receiving TE in case an extension for LJ Smith can’t be worked out. Check. They needed a big backup running back option. Check. They needed bigger linebacking talent. Check.

Having a good draft isn’t necessarily about the flashy names, the flashy moves, or the impact. It’s as much about knowing your needs, manipulating the draft, physical upsideand getting potential fits at good values. The Eagles did all that, and as such, I think very highly of their draft efforts, and they added a QB of the future to boot. It may end up being one of those drafts that Eagles fans may look back at later and realize that it helped shore up areas and allow the team to move forward as some older players are phased out.
This wasn’t a team looking for starters right now, but rotation guys with upside, and they potentially found it. I think all the guys have a chance to stick, with Ilaoa and Barksdale as the guys most at risk for obvious reasons.

Assessment:

The Eagles are a good organization. They know how to effectively build a team, and they know how to act in the offseason. The Eagles targeted their needs in free agency (and with trades) early on, allowing themselves flexibility in the draft, which was what they needed. This allowed them to work the draft and get a good deal in moving down. The team addressed its remaining needs in the draft. The team was never really on the lookout for immediate starters, and as such, some will knock this draft. I think it was a very prudent draft that landed upside, and a very smart offseason overall that brought in depth and key talent in the areas they needed, with the types of players they needed.

This is a team with the potential to be very good next year. That said, they shouldn’t be penciled in yet for anything. Will the running game continue to be worked in with consistency? The addition of Hunt/Ilaoa, plus resigning Buckhalter, seems to indicate their willingness to commit more to the run perhaps, but we’ll have to see how things are with Donovan back there. Will the POA play by the DL improve to protect a secondary that was often exposed? This is a team that values trench play, on both sides, but they are really counting on some kids stepping up. This team’s potential to succeed, particularly with the defense, very much resides on young talent stepping up. Can the LB’s provide some bigger plays … but also more consistency? How will the secondary do? Certainly, some of the issues revolved around the DL’s struggles, but then again, some guys struggled lat year. Offense should be solid, the concerns rest moreso with the defense. They are in a tough division. They have good coaching, though, so this is a team that should be in most of their games at the very least.

bsaza2358
05-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Toonster, you are essentially a posting god. I appreciate the insight and the hard work. I'm not quite as high on this draft as you are, but you know quite a bit, and your analysis does not have any holes. Thank you for your work and dedication here. You are a credit to the NFLDC community as a whole.

toonsterwu
05-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Here's my thing - I think people look at the Eagles draft like I did initially and go, eh, who'd they get? Thing is ... a good draft is one that meets the teams needs, and the main areas of improvement, for next season, was largely going to be an internal issue (how McNabb gets reintegrated, how depth OL talent plays if called upon, how Gaither and the young LB's improve, how Spikes fits in, how the starting corners bounce back, and perhaps more importantly, how the young DT's improve, as that may be the key to the entire season). In short, you guys weren't necessarily looking for immediate impact, and you moved down and got better value.

Doesn't mean all the players will pan out. That said, a draft should be about the team, and this was a good draft for the team, with good upside, some rotational help, good value, and good fits. I liked it. And some picks may surprise. For example, I could see Gaddis challenge this year for the starting job. Abiamiri may be counted on. Furthermore, they manipulated the draft well. It takes guts to trade within division, particularly when you are giving up the higher position. But it was the right move. If they stayed put, who were they going to add that made sense? The only name that comes to mind is Greg Olsen ... because end value was iffy here for what they needed and safety value was gone. They could've gone extraneous and gotten, say, a wide receiver, but history largely shows that WR takes time to acclimate to the scheme. Nothing really made good sense there, and they made a gutsy call, but the right one, and a good one, IMO.

Go_Eagles77
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Great assessment Toonster, I just have to say something though, I'm pretty sure the eagles are making Gaddis a FS, who seems like he could be a great replacement for Dawkins in a coulple years if he reaches his potential. Dawk could be a great mentor to him, they not only have very similar size and playing styles but they both went to Clemson which is a plus.

cunningham06
05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Great assessment Toonster, I just have to say something though, I'm pretty sure the eagles are making Gaddis a FS, who seems like he could be a great replacement for Dawkins in a coulple years if he reaches his potential. Dawk could be a great mentor to him, they not only have very similar size and playing styles but they both went to Clemson which is a plus.

Gaddis has experience at both safety positions, and having watched him play, his skill set may be better suited for SS in the NFL. If he can put on the weight necessary, he is very capable of playing SS. As of right now he's not big enough though.

jonbrodo17
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
he also said that Dawk was his idol and favorite player, so hopefully he'll be a dawk jr.

toonsterwu
05-03-2007, 05:04 AM
I hope they at least give Gaddis a look at strong safety. He could be exactly what they are looking for. He can give run support, can cover, can man up if need be, and he has solid bulk (and probably, as noted, IMO, can get near 215). Btw, I'm not saying Gaddis will be a stud. He doesn't really do any one area great. But he's capable in all areas, and IMO, looks to be a solid fit for what they want at strong safety. Long run, maybe free safety is better, as his toolset is similar to Dawkins (albeit, not on the same level). Short run, though, Gaddis can push Considine at strong safety, IMO.

As for the QB situation, my guess is that Kolb gets the 3rd spot, and that either Feeley or Holcomb gets cut or dealt. They may hold onto one of the them long enough to see if anyone wants to give up a late pick for one. BUt I can't imagine that, drafting a QB in the 2nd round, they'd have the guy as the 4th QB and taking a valuable roster spot. Personally, I'd go McNabb/Holcomb/Kolb, as I think Holcomb is a better reliever/spot starter than Feeley and you have your upside with Kolb, but Feeley knows the system.

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Toon, appreciate the assessment on Gaddis. I'm not sure if he can be a Dawkins-like player. If he does that alone, the 2007 draft was a success. Players like Dawk don't grow on trees, though. I'd be happy with solid play and very few mistakes. I'm sure the Eagles will give Gaddis plenty of opportunities to succeed. Right now, I'd be happy with ST production.

As for QB's, I see little way that AJ Feeley loses his job. He is firmly entrenched in the Andy Reid WCO. They didn't give him an extension to then immediately cut him. He is the backup and the starter if McNabb cannot begin the season. Holcomb has a pretty hefty salary, and he can probably be cut with minimal cap charge. I'd rather have that happen and let Holcomb have a chance elsewhere. He really was a throw-in in the Spikes trade.

ryan0022
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Eagles Inked Ian Scott to a 1 year deal - you think Sam rayburn is out of here now???? 6'3 302lbs good addition to help stop the run somewhat.... Eagles always adressing thier lines

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I definately did not want to make it seem like I think Gaddis is gonna be as good as a player as Dawk in my other post, I don't expect that out of a 5th rounder. As for the Scott signing, I love it, finally a run stopping DT.

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Rayburn is definitely gone now. He was likely out the door anyway. I'm glad that he got a chance to play in the NFL as a UDFA, but he wasn't able to be a consistent force for the team. I'm very happy to have Scott in camp. The DLine is looking really good right now.

brat316
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I heard Jimmy boy say that Brown might loose his starting job, to James if he doesnt step it up in Camp. Only becuase Brown is not that confident on the outside like James. James can play the outside better, Brown is the best at playing inside, where he can dish out hard hits.

Also Jim said, it might be possiblity they didnt think of it yet which i doubt, but Brown could be moved to a Safety position after B.Dawk retires. Thats only if Gadis isnt ready, Brown does hit, ask Reggie bush. I think he would make a nice safety like Troy Vincent, only has to add some weight on

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 04:53 PM
The Eagles are going to have an open competition for the starting CB spot opposite Sheppard. Brown had a tough year in 2006, and James came on late in the year to make a significant contribution. Brown is still the leader to start right now, but he will be pushed by James in training camp. Could be the beginning of the end for Brown as an Eagle. I like Sheldon a lot. He could play safety for the team, but I'd like to give him another year at CB.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2007, 05:03 PM
What do you guys see as a possible record for the eagles this year? I say 10-6 or 11-5.

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Brown does hit, ask Reggie bush.

Ha ha I remember that I almost fell out of my seat when that happened my dad said that that was one of the best hits he ever saw. I will never forget that hit and neither will Reggie Bush.

brat316
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
If that was Bushes first hit of the season like the opening game it would be the best, it would be remembered as 'Welcome to the NFL Reggie" that hit is def going down in peoples video when they make those NFL hits videos

brat316
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I see them going with Nabb 12-4 without or him on PUP 8-8 or 10-6 i like

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
The Sheldon hit on Reggie Bush was epic, but it was the first play of the game, and he came back and killed us on plays later. The Eagles got outplayed and outexecuted by New Orleans in that game as a whole. The D couldn't stop the run.

brat316
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM
YEa but hopefully with a 6-3 301 lb man we can at least delay the run enough for one of the LBs to make a hit and not have to me matched up with Oline men

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I see them going with Nabb 12-4 without or him on PUP 8-8 or 10-6 i like

I think the team should go about 11-5 regardless of McNabb's status. If the DLine stays healthy, and the LB's can perform, I don't see as many problems on the rush D side. I think there should be a lot of running the ball on offense to protect McNabb or Feeley. I also love LJ to have a humungous year. He's looking for a new contract.

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM
YEa but hopefully with a 6-3 301 lb man we can at least delay the run enough for one of the LBs to make a hit and not have to me matched up with Oline men

Ian Scott was a great addition. I'm very high on his potential contributions in 2007.

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3jhDgYeJ0

could watch this all day

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Great, finally a run-stopping DT. In the last week the Eagles have shown a commitment to run the ball and stop the run. I like what they have done lately.

cunningham06
05-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Ian Scott is an excellent addition, I've always preferred it when we keep 10 or more defensive linemen. We will have a nice rotation this season.

jonbrodo17
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
i think we have a very solid team and a pretty easy schedule, I think this season is looking like a great time to get to the Super Bowl esp. with the NFC east looking pretty bad.

bsaza2358
05-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Jon. There are still minicamps, training camp, and 16 regular season games just to get to the playoffs. I think the Eagles are one of the better teams in the NFC, but if McNabb doesn't come back or has a Culpepper-like collapse, it will hurt the team in a lot of ways.

jonbrodo17
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
yea i know, just trying to be optimistic!

Ahf112
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Yea Jon, lets not get ahead of ourselves

jonbrodo17
05-06-2007, 07:50 AM
check out the bears forum, where they are saying they will get McNabb next year, i got my self in a whole lotta trouble....

I was just saying that this is a great window of oppertunity

Creek
05-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I really like the Ian Scott signing. I think we've improved the d-line immensely by getting rid of Walker and picking up Scott & Monte Reagor. Bunks should be ready to step it up this year and hopefully Kearse can stay healthy. I'm excited to see what kind of camp and preseason Victor Abiamiri has as well.

I definitely see us as a 10-11 win team this season. HOPES ARE RUNNIN' HIGH!

jonbrodo17
05-06-2007, 06:56 PM
the d-line is looking pretty good, the guy who will surprise every1 this year is LaJuan Ramsey, i really think he can fit in nice and play

brat316
05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
lets hope so, that is a lot of DT bunk, patt, Scott, Regor, Rayburn, Ramsey, unless reger since he is like a DE moves to the outside on like short yardage situation or run

cunningham06
05-07-2007, 12:41 AM
the d-line is looking pretty good, the guy who will surprise every1 this year is LaJuan Ramsey, i really think he can fit in nice and play

He does have a knack for making the interception ;). Lajuan Ramsey is a good guy and I hope he does well, he's an excellent rotational player.

cunningham06
05-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I heard Jimmy boy say that Brown might loose his starting job, to James if he doesnt step it up in Camp. Only becuase Brown is not that confident on the outside like James. James can play the outside better, Brown is the best at playing inside, where he can dish out hard hits.

Also Jim said, it might be possiblity they didnt think of it yet which i doubt, but Brown could be moved to a Safety position after B.Dawk retires. Thats only if Gadis isnt ready, Brown does hit, ask Reggie bush. I think he would make a nice safety like Troy Vincent, only has to add some weight on

We are keeping Brown at cornerback, and there isn't a chance in hell that James is going to beat out Sheldon for the starting spot. James is a solid nickel guy, but he isn't even close to Sheldon's talent level. Sheldon had a down year, but when he's on he is great. Johnson is just spewing his usual BS around this time of year about how nothing is set in stone and there will be competition everywhere. There will be competition, but Sheldon will start.

jonbrodo17
05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
i think Sheldon will get the nod but i am not 100% sure, Johnson obviously thinks that James is healthy and is playing like when he was "Peterson" It should be a very interesting competition along with Trotter/Gaither

brat316
05-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Brown i think is a good corner but hes not that good playing on the outside, or playing the deep routes, he gets burned every now and then. He does have speed but he play more with technique, nothing wrong with taht but that doesnt work always against burner guys

Brown prob will win but he may get moved to play inside every now and then

machoking6
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
If Sheldon Brown were truly on thin ice then I believe that the Eagles would've assessed the CB position earlier than the 2nd day during draft weekend. Will James only has one year remaining on his contract. In fact, Joselio Hanson has one year remaining as well if I'm not mistaken. If the Eagles were planning to move Sheldon to FS, then that means we'd have Gaddis/Barksdale opposite Lito assuming we couldn't re-sign Will James or Hanson. We would've gone after someone like Chris Houston to groom him for a year, much like we did with both Lito and Sheldon when Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent were declining. We shouldn't be concerned too much on how Sheldon fell last year; rather, we should focus on how he picks himself up this year.

bsaza2358
05-08-2007, 09:35 AM
This is a training camp competition. Reid generally throws out competitions in certain spots to get the established players to work harder to keep their jobs and to give hope to the underdogs. This year, he will be opening the competition at LG, MIKE, SAM, CB#2, and CB#3. That's a lot of battling, but it's good for the team. Good for depth, as well.

Black Majic
05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
LOL highlight of the year goes to Sheldon. That hit on bush made me do a two step. I wish Madden still had the big hits opening video. If Will James is all the way back, i have no problem with him starting. Brown is aggresive and loves the chance to blitz. I'm liking it.

machoking6
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
This is what being bored at work does to you. Enjoy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/news/1999/04/16/eagles_controversy/index.html

jonbrodo17
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
nice, wats the competion at LG bsaza? Andrews vs. Jean Gilles?

jonbrodo17
05-08-2007, 05:13 PM
DONOVAN SPEAKS!!!!!!!! GO TO WWW.PHILADELPHIAEAGLES.COM

brat316
05-09-2007, 12:57 AM
i thought andrews played RG

I think ur thinking of Herremans and Gilles

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
nice, wats the competion at LG bsaza? Andrews vs. Jean Gilles?

Heremens vs. Jean Gilles. It's not an open competition, but MJG has to have his shot to unseat Heremens. Might as well give him his chance.

Black Majic
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Donovan McNabb is due to make $5.5 million this season, $6.3 million in 2008, $9.2 million in 2009 and then a balloon payment of $10 million during the final year of his contract in 2010. Unless the Eagles make it back to the Super Bowl over the next two years, it is unlikely McNabb will see the final two years of that deal. Agent Fletcher Smith unsuccessfully attempted to renegotiate a new contract with the Eagles' front office prior to his client's season-ending injury Nov. 19 against the Tennessee Titans. Pressed by host Howard Eskin regarding his desire for a new pact, McNabb said: "I am the Philadelphia quarterback. I've been for the last eight years and I look forward to being the Philadelphia quarterback for eight to 10 more years. Whatever happens, happens."

Foxsports.com

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
That may be the scheduled payments, but there is an obvious renegotiation point for 2008. The costs and bonuses become very heavy, so the team has to make a decision about an extension. Also, McNabb's contract is through 2013.

Go_Eagles77
05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Herremanns is very solid, but if Jean-Gilles lives up to his potential he will be great.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Jean Giles has a lot of baby fat, and his technique is limited. He dominated in college due to his size and strength. He has a lot of growing to do in terms of skill set and technique before he's ready to play.

cunningham06
05-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Jean Giles has a lot of baby fat, and his technique is limited. He dominated in college due to his size and strength. He has a lot of growing to do in terms of skill set and technique before he's ready to play.

Upper body technique I agree with you, but he has quick feet, especially for a guy his size. If he loses weight, maybe about 25-30 pounds, slims down to around 325 or 330 pounds, it would be extremely helpful for his overall technique to tone up and lose weight. He will probably never be a mauler in the run game, but could develop into an excellent pass protection guard. He just needs to get focused, and want to lose the weight, which as we have seen elsewhere in the NFL is not always the easiest thing to do.

Creek
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
This is a training camp competition. Reid generally throws out competitions in certain spots to get the established players to work harder to keep their jobs and to give hope to the underdogs. This year, he will be opening the competition at LG, MIKE, SAM, CB#2, and CB#3. That's a lot of battling, but it's good for the team. Good for depth, as well.

Your post inspired me to do a little writing.

http://boosanta.blogspot.com/2007/05/philadelphia-eagles-postion-battles-or.html

/cheap plug]

bsaza2358
05-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Upper body technique I agree with you, but he has quick feet, especially for a guy his size. If he loses weight, maybe about 25-30 pounds, slims down to around 325 or 330 pounds, it would be extremely helpful for his overall technique to tone up and lose weight. He will probably never be a mauler in the run game, but could develop into an excellent pass protection guard. He just needs to get focused, and want to lose the weight, which as we have seen elsewhere in the NFL is not always the easiest thing to do.

I think the focus with MJG and his overall commitment to the game and being the best were one of the reasons he fell into the 4th round last year. He does have quick feet, but quick feet and proper leverage/footwork are 2 different things. I remember watching game tape of MJG before the draft and trying to project him to the NFL and having trouble. His technique and effort in college was inconsistent. Tough to really see who the real MJG was. Of course, he's now had a year working with Castillo and the Eagles O. If he had made legit progress, he would probably be in an announced position battle. Still. I really hope he can break out and do some things for the team.

brat316
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
I wonder how this rb situation is going to work,

Keeper
Westbrook
Hunt-cant loose a third round pick

Up for battle
Buckhalter-runs outside and inside, though last year only year he did not get hurt
Moats-is a westbrook type player small and fast
Ilona- can catch, screens, block and good for short yardage

bsaza2358
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Westbrook, Hunt, and Tapeh are guaranteed roster spots at this point. Moats, Mahe, Ilona, and anyone else I might have missed will be fighting for a roster spot.

Go_Eagles77
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking it's gonna be Westbrook, Hunt, and Ilaoa. I do love Buck though.

bsaza2358
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Ilaoa can probably be stashed on the practice squad if Buck shows enough burst. Don't forget that...

Neo
05-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Ilaoa can probably be stashed on the practice squad if Buck shows enough burst. Don't forget that...

Yeah i would be willing to bet money thats where he ends up. There may be a 10% chance he gets a touch this year. At best, and i like the guy

cunningham06
05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I think we deal Moats, and keep Westbrook, Buck, Hunt, and Ilaoa. I do not think Ilaoa would last on practice squad, someone would want to give him a shot. Plenty of teams could use a good receiving back who is also a powerful runner. Teams like the Browns.

Neo
05-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I think we deal Moats, and keep Westbrook, Buck, Hunt, and Ilaoa. I do not think Ilaoa would last on practice squad, someone would want to give him a shot. Plenty of teams could use a good receiving back who is also a powerful runner. Teams like the Browns.

He is a 7th round pick that would have to learn a completely new system, the idea that he'll be able to pick up even the eagles system by the time training camp ends is foolish considering he came out of Haiwii. Honestly i had his name highlighted for someone who i would like the eagles to draft from the beginning and called my friends hyping the guy as soon as he was drafted, but lets be realistic hear. He is a practice squad player for the first year. Unless he is some sort of Special Teams dynamo.
In the end i would like him to eventually learn how to play FB (although i dont know what the blocking posiblities are for someone his size. Making him a perfect west coast type player.

bsaza2358
05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I think Ilaoa will be on the practice squad. RB's in the NFL are a dime a dozen. Most teams carry 3-4 on their roster and another on their practice squad. I don't think any NFL team is going to use a waiver priority spot to pick up a 7th round draft pick with interesting, but not necessarily projectable, skills.

Black Majic
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Cant you sign a player off of another teams practice squad? If so Ilaoa isnt safe there either. I think Buck is stiill the #2 back. remember when moats missed a pass block and they benched him forever. They dont like putting rookies in the backfield. Plus miss a block and Mcnabb goes down.

bsaza2358
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
You can sign a player off of someone else's practice squad, but it counts as a waiver claim. Teams don't just use waiver claims for nothing. It can mean big things at times. Ilaoa wouldn't be safe on the practice squad, but I think it's better than him on the active roster and not playing. He has to lose some weight and gain some muscle, and he might need to make a position switch, too. I'd rather not have him taking up a valuable spot. Practice squad is much better.

Bigp5437
05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Couldn't we also IR Ilaoa like we did with Gocong last year, with his "stinger"? That is if it shows that he would be better served with a full year of conditioning /learning the system under his belt. But if he shows enough early, he may be better served to just stay on the practice squad.

bsaza2358
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
That is also a possibility. I see that happening to Kolb for sure.

Neo
05-11-2007, 01:40 PM
That is also a possibility. I see that happening to Kolb for sure.

It will def be weird if Kolb goes down with some sorta injury. However, i think it might be more likley for the eagles to just cut Holcumb.

bsaza2358
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Either Holcomb gets cut or Kolb gets put on the IR with some sort of weird injury. Either way, the team is not carrying 4 QB's on its roster.

Neo
05-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Either Holcomb gets cut or Kolb gets put on the IR with some sort of weird injury. Either way, the team is not carrying 4 QB's on its roster.

Yeah, so do you think Bloom or Johnson will end up as the returner. (or other)

I am rooting for Bloom, it is always funner to have an unknown, also i like to be able to claim "That the eagles have the best downhill skiier in the league". Thats why i enjoy having Alfonseca on the Phillies so i can point out that they lead the league in both fingers and toes.

bsaza2358
05-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure who will be the returner. I figure both will get a fair shot. Bethel Johnson has more experience as a WR, but Bloom is more marketable to fans. I feel like both are fighting for roster spots. I cannot say who is the better option. I say wait for training camp and the preseason.

cunningham06
05-11-2007, 07:12 PM
He is a 7th round pick that would have to learn a completely new system, the idea that he'll be able to pick up even the eagles system by the time training camp ends is foolish considering he came out of Haiwii. Honestly i had his name highlighted for someone who i would like the eagles to draft from the beginning and called my friends hyping the guy as soon as he was drafted, but lets be realistic hear. He is a practice squad player for the first year. Unless he is some sort of Special Teams dynamo.
In the end i would like him to eventually learn how to play FB (although i dont know what the blocking posiblities are for someone his size. Making him a perfect west coast type player.

Running back is one of the easiest positions on offense to learn. Running backs as a whole have the lowest intelligence level of any other position in the NFL. As long as Ilaoa isn't a complete moron, he could pick up a small role in an offense pretty quickly.

brat316
05-11-2007, 11:22 PM
that is true, rbs dont need much intelligence, its give them the ball you want to run to this whole if its not there makes some magic happen. Blocking can be taught or has to be taught what to do on wat plays.

But other than taht its heres the ball run be a player. Hell the linemen have to be smarter than the rb, and people dont give credit that linemen are smart.

jonbrodo17
05-12-2007, 09:00 AM
i love all this talk about Iloa, If he turns out to be something good he will be loved here. Right now i think he is a practice squad player but will get his chance to beat out Tapeh/Moats/BUckhalter/etc.

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:42 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc26.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc13.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc1.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc27.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc31.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc21.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:47 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc14.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc29.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:48 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc7.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc4.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc3.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc28.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc10.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc20.jpg

cunningham06
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Nice pics, haha Brent Celek doesn't even look like a football player.

Neo
05-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Tony Hunt is ugly as sin

Riotmaker
05-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Almost no chance for Kolb to be placed on IR. I would rather just cut Holcomb and have Kolb get to practice with the team the entire year rather then have Holcomb as the 3rd QB, knowing what we will get when he does get playing time which is a rare occurrence. It would be very bad for Kolb's developement to have him just sit on the sidelines working out for his entire rookie year.

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC10-051207.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC9-051207.jpg

Creek
05-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Donovan's new nickname: Black Moses.

cunningham06
05-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Stewart Bradley looks like an absolute beast Gocong might have some competition.

LitoSheppard
05-12-2007, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Go_Eagles77;390669]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NCEAJJLLIKAG/051107-mc14.jpg
That was him describing his encounter with Monte Reagor..

OHHH SHHHNAP!!

LitoSheppard
05-12-2007, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=Go_Eagles77;390927]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC10-051207.jpg
Could someone shrink this down for me so I can put it in my sig

Please do I'll give rep or w.e..

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/BEMNDJMEJKAG/07MC15-051207.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/BEMNDJMEJKAG/07MC16-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC11-051207.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/BEMNDJMEJKAG/07MC20-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC1-051207.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/BEMNDJMEJKAG/07MC18-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC6-051207.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC2-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/BEMNDJMEJKAG/LBs-HP2-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:38 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.e63e0f68973349369108f6c85c69b95b.eagles_minic amp_pagw110.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.80bcfb88401f406eaad9ece83a92ae92.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw109.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:38 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.dc3fe1a1e8f64c85aad34b0f6d778592.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw107.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.8310dc08ba234bb2a756e5d88ea1cc67.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw108.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:39 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.ab2c66a90cd54db58d9796a99ea503ff.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw106.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.baddaf5e7b2c48f3b4495a159e95c2af.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw105.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.ca3a9dc718f045e99c6ea4fd06f9eb98.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw104.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.e002166c469446888b39bf192f71d66d.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw103.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.ed11a24c3c86445f9140350198cef688.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw102.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.a3505a36acc642a9aa6098e1363901af.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw101.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:41 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.391a20ac226647769f889d12c9f97793.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw111.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.00b4aaece93e4ef297f48a9ed17377c8.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw112.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-12-2007, 04:42 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070512/capt.2bbbbac0efc84aa09175d1c2f7c79f83.eagles_minic amp_football_pagw113.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EEICELBEJKAG/07MC3-051207.jpg

jefepowhnzer
05-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the pics Go. I love the look on Trotters face in that pic of him and Spikes. And I can't get enough of McNabbs Baron Davis/Leonidis beard. I was glad to see pics and then video on ESPN of Kolb and McNabb talking, I think that goes a long way in showing the rest of the NFL that they're gonna coexist without a problem.

brat316
05-13-2007, 01:49 AM
trotter "what u say fool who gonna try an take my job?"

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LOLNDILDONEN/07MC3-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LOLNDILDONEN/07MC30-051207.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LOLNDILDONEN/07MC2-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LOLNDILDONEN/07MC4-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC8-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC11-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC7-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC13-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC10-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC9-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC6-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC12-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC19-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC15-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC16-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC18-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC14-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/07MC17-051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/bunkley-hp-051307.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NDLLEHDEONEN/avant_HP_051307.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NMIAOINLONEN/07MC3-051407.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NMIAOINLONEN/07MC5-051407.jpg

Go_Eagles77
05-14-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NMIAOINLONEN/07MC1-051407.jpg

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NMIAOINLONEN/07MC6-051407.jpg

brat316
05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
SO on to a topic without pics
Anyone think we are actaully going to Franchise Tag L.J. we are trying to sign him but if we dont and Feb. rolls around is that tag commin down

bsaza2358
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
There is no way the Eagles will use the tag on LJ. They will either sign him to an extension during the season, or they will let him go. There is little chance LJ is tagged.

jonbrodo17
05-15-2007, 10:46 AM
for some reason I think he is good as gone. If they really wanted him back they would have already signed him. I never really liked LJ, i think that hes decent but we could get better

bsaza2358
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
With all the other resignings, the Eagles might not have been able to make a move to lock up LJ. If you think about it, he never really broke out as the force that everyone thought he could be. He's a top 12 TE in the league, but he never became the god-like TE weapon that people envisioned. He lived up to his second round status, but he never transcended. I don't necessarily think he'd get full value on a FA market with all the other young guys out there already.

jonbrodo17
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
if Daniel Graham is the 2nd highest paid TE, I think LJ will make a lot of money

cunningham06
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
LJ probably will make a lot of money. He's got a good skill set and has potential to be better than he is now. Someone will break the bank for him.

Go_Eagles77
05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
That's why I felt we should have drafted Ben Patrick, Brent Celek may end up being good but I felt Patrick had the skill set to be a # 1 TE. Obviously I was wrong though if he lasted to the 7th round. Who knows.

Neo
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
That's why I felt we should have drafted Ben Patrick, Brent Celek may end up being good but I felt Patrick had the skill set to be a # 1 TE. Obviously I was wrong though if he lasted to the 7th round. Who knows.

My Friend starts at WR for U of D. He was told by his coaches that Ben had shoulder issues that NFL teams found out about which lead him to drop down the boards. I know it was a big story in the draft that he was falling, but that was the issue.

brat316
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Nah i dont think any of the TE this year were good, they all could catch but none of them had the speed to streach a D, or go deep. Olsen was the only one. Also most of them were not blockers they are good at catching the ball. The eagles do sign players they really want during thre season, i wouldnt be suprised that he gets signed during mid season

Neo
05-16-2007, 02:38 PM
LJ Smith has been very good, remember the eagles have an elite offense that spreads the ball around, as for him not being consistant sometimes they are able to score a ton of points without getting him the ball. I think he is going to try to play through the season and hit the FA market where he will be overpaid by some underachiving team with capspace. Although i wouldnt be supprised like noted above if he got signed mid season

bsaza2358
05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
If LJ doesn't get locked up midseason, there is no way he comes back to the Eagles. Teams like the Raiders, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Panthers would jump to get him.

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I think LJ will be re-signed during the season. Donovan has been wishing to keep his receivers around, and the FO will see that Donovan is right and re-sign him. We will have enough cap space to re-sign him and still have plenty left over for next off-season. I think the reason many people feel that LJ hasn't burst through yet is because of Donovan's injuries. When Donovan is playing, LJ sees the ball a lot more. LJ was on pace for a spectacular season this year and last year until Donovan got injured. But McMahon didn't throw the ball to him AT ALL last year, and Garcia didn't rely on him as much, and didn't seem to have the same chemistry that Donovan has with him. If Donovan is able to play a full year, I think LJ could have a Pro-Bowl type year, as long as he himself stays healthy too.

cunningham06
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
LJ was watching free agency this offseason, and I expect he will not resign but instead will try to get the big bucks in the offseason.

bsaza2358
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I have said it already. If LJ is going to stay an Eagle, it will happen in training camp or in the middle of the season. Once he hits the open market, he's gone.

Black Majic
05-17-2007, 02:27 PM
LOL Mncabbulous does look like Baron Davis. As long as he doesnt do the Ricky Williams. Remeber we wanted him? Nice photos. im jealous that u live so close to the Eagles training camp. I'm def going up thier this summer.

cunningham06
05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/FLBPNPBEAOEN/PE0N6334.JPG

I really hope he's stronger than he looks.

bsaza2358
05-18-2007, 08:43 AM
If you look at Peyton Manning, he doesn't look too cut or jacked up, especially in his arms. I'm more concerned with his core strength and overall legs than I am with his physical condition. Guys who look pretty big can be weak and guys who look wiry can be naturally strong.

Go_Eagles77
05-18-2007, 02:21 PM
If you look at Peyton Manning, he doesn't look too cut or jacked up, especially in his arms. I'm more concerned with his core strength and overall legs than I am with his physical condition. Guys who look pretty big can be weak and guys who look wiry can be naturally strong.

Exactly, that's why Offensive and Defensive lineman can't throw the ball 90 yards, they can bench twice as much as QBs but can't throw nearly as far, strength has very little to do with arm strength.

jonbrodo17
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
yea I aggre

I met Andy Reid last night, really nice guy...

bsaza2358
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Media Member: How did jonbrodo17 do when he shook your hand last night?
Andy Reid: Nice, firm handshake, good eye contact. He really did a nice job there...

hahahaha

brat316
05-18-2007, 07:16 PM
how the hell do u meet him, is anyone going to their trainning camp in Lehigh

Go_Eagles77
05-18-2007, 07:23 PM
how the hell do u meet him, is anyone going to their trainning camp in Lehigh

I'm sure I will, I live in Bethlehem.

jonbrodo17
05-18-2007, 07:51 PM
haha, i don't really want to give out where i was on the internet but it wasn't at training camp

brat316
05-18-2007, 10:00 PM
So anyone know how the rookies and other players are progressing along or i should say Go Eagles how are they doing see them improving