PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Go_Eagles77
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
So anyone know how the rookies and other players are progressing along or i should say Go Eagles how are they doing see them improving

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't take those pictures that I posted, I got them from mainly Philadelphiaeagles.com and Yahoo, and the minicamp is in Philly, while I will go to Training camp because it's so close, I'm not gonna make the trip to Philly for Mini Camp.

Sniper
05-20-2007, 02:48 AM
how the hell do u meet him, is anyone going to their trainning camp in Lehigh

I'm sure I'll stop by a couple times. I live in Allentown, not far from Lehigh

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2007, 09:06 AM
how the hell do u meet him, is anyone going to their trainning camp in Lehigh

I live about 15 minutes away, I will try to be there, but I will be working.

cunningham06
05-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I live about 4 and a half hours away by plane, I'll make it if I can, but that isn't going to happen. Damn. As long as you guys post some detailed accounts of what is going on I'll be ok.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
haha, i don't really want to give out where i was on the internet but it wasn't at training camp

Was it at a religious function? I know Reid is pretty devout.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 08:31 AM
I have 5 weddings and associated events this summer, so I will not be attending training camp. I'm saving up my time and money to attend games. I go to the Eagles-Redskins game in DC every year, and I purchase 1 set of tix per year from my neighbor from home. I think I want to go to the Bills-Eagles game Week 17.

Black Majic
05-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Anybody see or read the Si.com truth and rumors about Donovan being traded to the bears? Thoughts, my heart is confused. I love Mcnabb but i also like Briggs. Then i think about their age, and then i think would i really want to wait a year or two for the eagles to make noise with a new quarterback. I Live in montgomery county and i promised myself even though i work to take a paid vacation to go see training camp.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
There is no reason for the Eagles to trade McNabb to Chicago at this point. The team doesn't have a significant LB issue at present. McNabb is recovering from surgery, and his contract would create some significant cap hits for the team. Couple that with Briggs' need for a new contract, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Neo
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
The eagles trading McNabb to Chicago is the biggest load of crap i ever heard.

1) the eagles dotn give two "S***s" about LB's
2) McNabb is a franchise QB and the bears would have to throw in their whole 2008 Draft
3) Its silly

Go_Eagles77
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that rumor is ridiculous.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Don McKee is a rabble rouser and a general douche. He knows his stuff, but I have no idea why he is writing these things for a newspaper. He is very opinionated, but I have no idea how he can come up with this.

Bigp5437
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I know this isn't relevant to the Eagles discussion, but it is NFL related, found it in that thread, just thought I'd direct your attention to it if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408137#post408137

I found this to be hilarious. I wonder who was the culprit?

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Bigp, irrelevant to the Eagles discussion. Let's keep it on task. If you want to comment on it, use that thread. Thanks.

Bigp5437
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I did just mention that it was irrelevant, but ok....

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
No worries, man. Just doing my Team Leader gig and keeping things on topic.

jonbrodo17
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I read the rumor in the inquirer and i was expecting an outrage like this, its just stupid to have AJ Felley or Kelly Holcomb start for you at quarterback when you can just keep Donovan McNabb

cunningham06
05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyway we already brought in a FA WLB, why would we need another, more expensive WLB. That move makes no sense IMO. We've got Spikes, Gaither, McCoy, all of whom are capable of playing WLB, WLB isn't a significant need.

Neo
05-21-2007, 04:07 PM
The rumor is stupid and completely unrealistic. First of all the eagles dont give two "f's" about outside LB, esspecially one that is crying for money. 2) its just an attempt for people to rationalize why the eagles took a QB in the 2nd round... please remember this isnt a top 10 pick, the eagles drafted 2nd rounders who havent played, Barry Gardner, Q Caver... wintson justice. Hell, the eagles were on the phone with Merriwaether before he was drafted by the Pats... if he would have fell to the eagles they wouldnt have taken Kolb at 36. The situation is pretty simple. If McNabb plays at the Hall of Fame level he has been playing for most of his career, it is his job Kolb will be a backup and if he looks good when he gets a chance to be on the field (pre season, blowouts, last week of the season etc) He could be moved like Shaub or AJ feeley. I understand why people are trying to rationalize the pick but its simple, If McNabb plays like he normally plays (awesome) he will remain an eagle until the end. If he struggles, gets injured, and so forth they will head in another direction. Its called taking the best player avalible when your team is incredibly deep.

bsaza2358
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think McNabb gets into the Hall easily without 4 more years of dominant, injury-free work and another Super Bowl appearance.

Neo
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't think McNabb gets into the Hall easily without 4 more years of dominant, injury-free work and another Super Bowl appearance.

I am saying Hall of Fame type play, his #'s are signficantly better at this point than most hall of famers... *most is accurate to say.

cunningham06
05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
I am saying Hall of Fame type play, his #'s are signficantly better at this point than most hall of famers... *most is accurate to say.

If McNabb were to retire today he wouldn't make the HOF. Apart from 2004, his #'s have been good, but not great. Last season he was doing really well, but injuries are a part of the game. His numbers aren't better than *most HOF'ers that's just completely inaccurate (By the way, modern era qb's, it's not fair to compare qb's from the early days of football to McNabb). A lot of the qb's who make the HOF have made it because they performed well in a Superbowl, or multiple Superbowls and were winners. The others put up fantastic stats. The qb's who didn't win superbowls nearly all I'm sorry to say had better stats than Donovan. That's not to say that I don't think Donovan is better than some of the guys in the HOF. He is certainly better than some, Troy Aikman for example, but McNabb still needs to add to his resume before he gets hall consideration. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in eventually though barring another horrible injury.

Neo
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
If McNabb were to retire today he wouldn't make the HOF. Apart from 2004, his #'s have been good, but not great. Last season he was doing really well, but injuries are a part of the game. His numbers aren't better than *most HOF'ers that's just completely inaccurate (By the way, modern era qb's, it's not fair to compare qb's from the early days of football to McNabb). A lot of the qb's who make the HOF have made it because they performed well in a Superbowl, or multiple Superbowls and were winners. The others put up fantastic stats. The qb's who didn't win superbowls nearly all I'm sorry to say had better stats than Donovan. That's not to say that I don't think Donovan is better than some of the guys in the HOF. He is certainly better than some, Troy Aikman for example, but McNabb still needs to add to his resume before he gets hall consideration. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in eventually though barring another horrible injury.

See i for one dont care if a player wins 1 superbowl 0 superbowls or 20 superbowls. I go based on what they actually do on the field. My statement is basically saying McNabb plays better than most Hall of Fame QB's. That is completely accurate as you mentioned Troy Aikman (as a modern QB) he is signficantly better than Terry Bradshaw or Joe Namath could ever pray to be. It is obvious that if he were to retire today he wouldnt be in the Hall of Fame, its also obvious that he is going to put up Mario type #'s for his career. What i am saying however his #'s compare to the numbers of Elway in his prime, (actually McNabbs are better), Basically when McNabb plays football he plays like a hall of famer plays. When he is playing he is a top 3 QB in the league, and as long as he plays like that he is not losing his job as the eagles starter

jonbrodo17
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Was it at a religious function? I know Reid is pretty devout.

No, i just don't want people to know where i was, it was nothing important he was there for a family purpose and i went up to him and said " I like this years draft" and he said thank you

cunningham06
05-22-2007, 01:18 AM
See i for one dont care if a player wins 1 superbowl 0 superbowls or 20 superbowls. I go based on what they actually do on the field. My statement is basically saying McNabb plays better than most Hall of Fame QB's. That is completely accurate as you mentioned Troy Aikman (as a modern QB) he is signficantly better than Terry Bradshaw or Joe Namath could ever pray to be. It is obvious that if he were to retire today he wouldnt be in the Hall of Fame, its also obvious that he is going to put up Mario type #'s for his career. What i am saying however his #'s compare to the numbers of Elway in his prime, (actually McNabbs are better), Basically when McNabb plays football he plays like a hall of famer plays. When he is playing he is a top 3 QB in the league, and as long as he plays like that he is not losing his job as the eagles starter

Yes, but do you know who does care? The HOF, and that's the point. Terry Bradshaw is in because he played great in the 4th quarter of nearly every superbowl the Steelers were in under him (4) and they won them all. Joe Namath made it because he guaranteed a SB win and delivered. How is it obvious he will put up Marino numbers? Stop being a homer, there is a chance that he will, but it's in no way obvious. McNabb's numbers aren't better than Elways in his prime. McNabb's 2004 season was better than any Elway had, but Elway sustained his level of play for multiple seasons. McNabb so far has only had one great 16 game season. I've never said he would lose his job as the starting qb, I was commenting on how he needs to do more before he will get HOF consideration. I don't know where you are getting that his #'s are amazing while I agree his 2004 #'s were awesome the rest of his seasons haven't been all that special.

Neo
05-22-2007, 01:37 AM
"Yes, but do you know who does care? The HOF, and that's the point."
I would rather have a player who is actually good. So i'll use my criteria.

"Joe Namath made it because he guaranteed a SB win and delivered."
That was on like page 27 of the sports page it only got huge press afterwards its trumped up. Joke

"How is it obvious he will put up Marino numbers? Stop being a homer, there is a chance that he will, but it's in no way obvious. McNabb's numbers aren't better than Elways in his prime. McNabb's 2004 season was better than any Elway had, but Elway sustained his level of play for multiple seasons."

I said he wont put up Marino's #'s. I am not even close to a homer. His #'s are better or as good as Elway in his Prime. You said "2004 was better than any Elway had" but... "elway sustained that level of play for multiple seasons" how did he both sustain McNabbs 2004 year, yet having never achieved it in the first place. Completely contridictory. Basically over the past few years, including his years with injuries McNabb has put up #'s that are favorable compared to what Elway did in his Prime.

"McNabb so far has only had one great 16 game season."
That was a 15 games season... just messing with ya bro.. lol but to be seriousness 2001 McNabbs #'s were as good as Elway in his Prime as were both is Partial seasons in 2005 and 2006. His #'s in 2003 were about the same as Elway's 1994... and well... every season of his Before 1993.

"I was commenting on how he needs to do more before he will get HOF consideration. I don't know where you are getting that his #'s are amazing while I agree his 2004 #'s were awesome the rest of his seasons haven't been all that special."

Google Elways or other random QB's that were "great" and get back to me. Because i think you are looking at some other players in a more favorable light than you really should be.

Basically i am saying when McNabb is on the field, he has played at a level that very few QB's have ever played at. That includes plenty of hall of famers.

cunningham06
05-22-2007, 01:40 AM
its also obvious that he is going to put up Mario type #'s for his career.

Right there buddy, and you started out using HOF criteria, and now you are saying you don't value it at all. I'm talking about McNabb's HOF chances, I don't know what you are talking about if you do in fact have a point.

Neo
05-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Right there buddy, and you started out using HOF criteria, and now you are saying you don't value it at all. I'm talking about McNabb's HOF chances, I don't know what you are talking about if you do in fact have a point.

I meant to say not... thats the misunderstanding. However, His #'s are better than most Hall of Famers. Including Elways, which i clearly proved above.

bsaza2358
05-22-2007, 08:21 AM
McNabb right now is guaranteed entry into the Eagles ring of honor, and he'll probably have #5 retired. I assume the Eagles will retire #5 and #20 for Dawkins. Both have a shot at the HOF, but I think Dawkins has a better chance right now. Dawkins was the best safety in the league or was in the argument for the past 8 years or so. McNabb has always been a little behind Brady and Manning, who are both HOF locks right now. As I said, he will need another 4 years of injury-free excellent work AT LEAST to have a chance. If he gets a ring, it will help tremendously. I say that because the HOF voters look at numbers and rings.

brat316
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah he does need to stay healthy and keep his stats rolling. The ring thing is needed as well.

bsaza2358
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
A ring helps him a lot because McNabb is not an all-time great QB. He's a great QB, but not legendary. If he puts up 4 more years of 5000+/30+ with a QB rating in the 90's or better and wins a ring, it'd be hard to keep Donnie out.

Neo
05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
A ring helps him a lot because McNabb is not an all-time great QB. He's a great QB, but not legendary. If he puts up 4 more years of 5000+/30+ with a QB rating in the 90's or better and wins a ring, it'd be hard to keep Donnie out.

The thing is when he is on the field he does play like a "legend" as i pointed out the #'s show it. The ring is obviously what is needed to make him a legend, however, I dont think it has anything to do with an individual player being great, it has to do with being on great teams. So when McNabb is on the field he prefomes as good as almost any QB to ever play the game. He makes big plays, he doesnt throw picks, he plays great QB period. Look at the #'s for half those legends, they are doo doo they get ridiculous hype because they played for a squad that won the superbowl. (although McNabb cant hold a candle to Peyton, who btw is the greatest QB to ever play)

bsaza2358
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
McNabb's tendencies are to put up great #'s and help his team win games, but his legacy is tarnished by the playoff losses (specifically the 2 home NFCC losses) and the injuries. He needs to rebuild his reputation with more solid, healthy seasons before he can make the HOF.

Black Majic
05-24-2007, 10:38 AM
HOF talk can come when he retires. Lets worry about this year. Kevin Curtis better be the equivalant of a healthy Stallworth. Somewhere i read that a GM or coach said a running quarterback will never win a championship. While i dont think thats true, who is considered a running quarterback? Mcnabb doesnt anymore. Was Steve Young labeled a running Q? Elway?

Neo
05-24-2007, 02:51 PM
HOF talk can come when he retires. Lets worry about this year. Kevin Curtis better be the equivalant of a healthy Stallworth. Somewhere i read that a GM or coach said a running quarterback will never win a championship. While i dont think thats true, who is considered a running quarterback? Mcnabb doesnt anymore. Was Steve Young labeled a running Q? Elway?

McNabb at this point... and hell for the past 4 or 5 years is no more of a Running QB than Young or Elway, Whomever that GM is he must be refering to pure running QB's... like Randell in philly, Vick, and right now Vince Young. Kevin Curtis will be good and Stallworth did well but was somewhat overrated the teams offense was just as good without him.

brat316
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
McNabb needs to start scrambl'n for yard again, but just at the right times like Elway and Steve Young, both can run out of the pockets when ever they wanted to but waited for the right times thats wat Nabb needs to start doin

bsaza2358
05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
bhaa, I don't think McNabb is physically able to run around like he used to. He has also convinced himself that he shouldn't be running around like that. His numbers and the overall offensive performance has been much more efficient when he's in the pocket making reads. With the hernia + the ACL injury, we're not going to see the same D-Mac in 2007.

Neo
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
bhaa, I don't think McNabb is physically able to run around like he used to. He has also convinced himself that he shouldn't be running around like that. His numbers and the overall offensive performance has been much more efficient when he's in the pocket making reads. With the hernia + the ACL injury, we're not going to see the same D-Mac in 2007.

He has the ability to run when he can. Back in his first 3 or so years he used to run alot, now he has the offensive parts around him that 1) he isnt forced to run to win games, and 2) he is great at making big plays with his arm. What McNabb does best is staying alive by rolling out or shaking people in the backfield and launching it down field or finding an open man somewhere random, that is what make McNabb great. The Dallas 14 second play is an extreme example, but how many times have you seen a DE grab McNabb just to get shook and McNabb find someone 25 yards downfield? TONs thats why McNabb is a special player.

brat316
05-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Nah im saying when he runs he shouodl run like young and Elway do it at the right moments and get a chunk of yards or to keep the drive alive and somehow turn it into that amazing play everyone remebers

But yeah scrambling in the pocket is a great talent of Nabbs he does great at getting second chances

Neo
05-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Nah im saying when he runs he shouodl run like young and Elway do it at the right moments and get a chunk of yards or to keep the drive alive and somehow turn it into that amazing play everyone remebers

But yeah scrambling in the pocket is a great talent of Nabbs he does great at getting second chances

Isnt that what he does?

brat316
05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
not really i havent really seen him do it that much maybe a few games but i wanna see those Elway runs with the Helicopter

Neo
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
not really i havent really seen him do it that much maybe a few games but i wanna see those Elway runs with the Helicopter

Well i dont know, i think that honestly you have this rememberance for Elway... thus far in his career McNabb basically has better #'s across the board both rushing and passing. 26 yards per game rushing, 24 TD's in 104 games. Elway 14 yards per game, 33 TD's in 234 games. Elway had 135 TD's in his first 8 seasons(116games). McNabb has 152 in his first 8 (104 games). Elway also had 128 INT's... McNabb.... 72... i mean anybody trying to be realistic about these comparisions have to come to the conclusion that McNabb has been a better(significantly) player than Elway over their first 8 seasons. Also remember over his first 8 it wasnt like Elway won any superbowls, they both have been very successful as far as wins are concerned. I know everyone has reverance for hall of famers.... but McNabb on the field is under all reasonable considerations better. Also McNabb does have a legendary playoff victory under his belt, the 4th and 26 game is going to be on ESPN classic for years.

brat316
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Like the Helicopter

jefepowhnzer
05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
What do you guys think about the signings of Bradley and Hunt? Do you think the fact that the contracts are maxed out in terms of years means that Hunt and Bradley are what the team expected and more? Or do you think it was more of a reward for signing early?

jonbrodo17
05-25-2007, 07:15 AM
I am guessing that they did well in the minicamps and the Eagles like to sign their players for long term deals. I don't think signing early had anything to do with it

brat316
05-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah i think they know they are getting good players and want to lock them up, also this way they wont become restricted free agents if they end up becoming good.

bsaza2358
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
If you can have good young players on the cheap for 4 years, why not do it? These guys know that if they perform well, it's possible that they will get extensions and more money by Year 3 or so. I think it's just smart cap management by the Eagles.

cunningham06
05-25-2007, 11:20 AM
If you can have good young players on the cheap for 4 years, why not do it? These guys know that if they perform well, it's possible that they will get extensions and more money by Year 3 or so. I think it's just smart cap management by the Eagles.

Good point, we can easily afford to do it. If they do turn out to be amazing, we've got a few extra years if we don't renegotiate that we can hold onto them for cheap.

bsaza2358
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Not only can the Eagles hold them, they can even tender them on the cheap for a 5th year to keep other teams away. There's little logic in signing picks to 3 year deals.

Black Majic
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I think its just important that we dont have any holdouts. Also Four year contracts dont neccessarily mean we'll see them for that long.

Go_Eagles77
05-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Add Gaddis to the list. :)

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=70008

bsaza2358
05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I would think that we'll have most of our draft picks signed by the end of June. I'm guessing Kolb and Abriamiri will be the last ones to sign because the Eagles will let other teams set the market first.

bsaza2358
05-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Alright guys, I'm out of here. I may check in once or twice over the holiday weekend, but don't count on it. Try to hold the fort down while I'm gone.

Go_Eagles77
05-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Will do Bsaza

Bigp5437
05-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes sir!!! *salutes*

eaglesfan_45
05-26-2007, 02:52 PM
dang the picture wont post srry

cunningham06
05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Here's an interesting development I just read about.

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=2416

According to this article of Darwin Walker doesn't report to TC for the Bills by August 5th, he could end up being Eagles property. I don't want this to happen just because it would complicate things and we would lose a 6th round pick.

eaglesalltheway
05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Hopefully he reports, he is up there is age, has lost some of his skills, and is a one trick pony to begin with. I don't think he would hold out, but I think he will report and play for the Bills.

brat316
05-27-2007, 08:37 PM
i dont think so, he might end up comming to us, and we would just cut him though we would not have a 2008 6th and 7th round pick.

cunningham06
05-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Hopefully he reports, he is up there is age, has lost some of his skills, and is a one trick pony to begin with. I don't think he would hold out, but I think he will report and play for the Bills.

I'm pretty sure he is holding out, he wants a new contract with more years on it I believe.

eaglesalltheway
05-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Lets hope he changes his mind then, we need all the draft picks possible.

brat316
05-28-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah what comp picks do you think we are going to get next year.

I see a 4th for Garcia, and another 4th or 3rd depending on how Stallworth does.

bsaza2358
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Between Michael Lewis, Rod Hood, Garcia, and Stallworth, the Eagles will be due at least 3 picks. They did sign Kevin Curtis, which will ding their compensatory formula a little. I would imagine a 4th and a 6th at least for losing those players.

brat316
05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Lewis got a fat contract so i see the 4th

bsaza2358
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
They plug the contracts, skill level, number of years with the team, draft pick, and playing time the year after into a formula. They add up the FA's lost and subtract FA's signed and hand out compensatory picks. The Eagles should get at least 2 compensatories, but I can't say where these picks will be.

brat316
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah i think you would have to wait after the end of the year to make a good guess at the pick

bsaza2358
05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Exactly. There's no way that the Eagles lose out, but we'll know much more by November or so. It all depends on the size of the contract, 2006 performance, and 2007 performance.

jonbrodo17
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't really think we shud be worrying about that now.

I was listening to Paul Jolovitz on 610 WIP and he asked a pretty interesting question, Who is the most important Eagle for 2007?

I say Brian Dawkins because there is basically no backup behind him ans the defense could potentially crumble w/o him, i don't think its McNabb because the offense could still operate w/o him, still i think its a toss-up between those two

cunningham06
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't really think we shud be worrying about that now.

I was listening to Paul Jolovitz on 610 WIP and he asked a pretty interesting question, Who is the most important Eagle for 2007?

I say Brian Dawkins because there is basically no backup behind him ans the defense could potentially crumble w/o him, i don't think its McNabb because the offense could still operate w/o him, still i think its a toss-up between those two

If Brian Dawkins was to go down we could do one of two things.

A. Keep Considine at SS and play Gaddis at FS.

or

B. Move Considine to FS and have Mikell play SS.

We would instantly lose our best defensive player if he were to get injured so I agree he is important. However, I believe Brian Westbrook is our most important player. We've proven we can win with a backup qb in, but Westbrook is huge to our passing game and running game. If he's out our chances at the playoffs go down the drain IMO.

brat316
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I think B-Dawk is more important, our D leader go down, that would be a pretty big blow.

If westbrook goes down that would be bad, a big hit to our offense, but nothing we couldnt fill the void with. Rb, is probably easier to fill than most positions, anyone can come in and take over. It just having a good natarual runner. Our back ups put all together can do what West does. Ilaoa is a cather out the backfield. Moats can run to the outside, hes almost a clone of him. And Buck and Hunt are good at pounding the ball. We would have a package rb system.

Qb, is not important this yr, becuase the eagles were prepared if Mcnabb didnt come back in time or went down like Culpepper. They had a few backup plans ready. I hope McNabb takes his time comming back and doesnt get hurt during the season.

Neo
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I think B-Dawk is more important, our D leader go down, that would be a pretty big blow.

If westbrook goes down that would be bad, a big hit to our offense, but nothing we couldnt fill the void with. Rb, is probably easier to fill than most positions, anyone can come in and take over. It just having a good natarual runner. Our back ups put all together can do what West does. Ilaoa is a cather out the backfield. Moats can run to the outside, hes almost a clone of him. And Buck and Hunt are good at pounding the ball. We would have a package rb system.

Qb, is not important this yr, becuase the eagles were prepared if Mcnabb didnt come back in time or went down like Culpepper. They had a few backup plans ready. I hope McNabb takes his time comming back and doesnt get hurt during the season.

The eagles have also won with Dawkins injured before. McNabb/Westbrook are by far the most important players with injuries. However, the eagles have shownin the past to be able to win with any number of players injured. There is not one single player that important to the eagles that without them they will not go to the playoffs the closest to that would be McNabb

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I would say that a player like Shawn Andrews would be pretty critical. The team runs behind Andrews and Runyan, and the backup options are really not even close to what SA brings to the table.

Black Majic
05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Great question. I say without Mcnabb playing we'd miss westbrook the most. With him playing B-dawk. Nobody brings it better

jonbrodo17
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
The eagles have also won with Dawkins injured before. McNabb/Westbrook are by far the most important players with injuries. However, the eagles have shownin the past to be able to win with any number of players injured. There is not one single player that important to the eagles that without them they will not go to the playoffs the closest to that would be McNabb

In '03 we had Micheal Lewis playing at a high level and we had Clinton Hart as a great back-up

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I cannot underestimate Dawkins' importance to the D at this juncture. He is the heart and soul of the D, he calls the plays, he is the top playmaker, and he makes things go. What's more, at his age, it will be even harder for him to bounce back and get to 100% if there is an injury. I love Dawk.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Per the Eagles website, both Celek and Barksdale have signed 4 year contracts.

bsaza2358
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-moves&prov=ap&type=lgns

Link about the signings.

Sniper
05-31-2007, 12:11 AM
I know there was a question attached to it, but let's not even speak of Dawk getting injured...Easily the team's MVP, let's not jinx it

Black Majic
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
LJ Smith sports hernia, outta nowhere. Hopefully he heals quickly.

brat316
05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
really??? hmm good thing we drafted a tight end

Sniper
06-01-2007, 01:07 AM
LJ Smith sports hernia, outta nowhere. Hopefully he heals quickly.

Whatever. I'm not as high on LJ as others are. His blocking is very poor and his hands questionable at times, and he's gone after this season anyway. But now I really wish we had taken Ben Patrick from Delaware instead of a blocking TE, giving us 2 blocking TEs and no receiving ones that are healthy

cunningham06
06-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Whatever. I'm not as high on LJ as others are. His blocking is very poor and his hands questionable at times, and he's gone after this season anyway. But now I really wish we had taken Ben Patrick from Delaware instead of a blocking TE, giving us 2 blocking TEs and no receiving ones that are healthy

2 blocking TE's? Bartrum I expect will be cut/retire, so Schobel who is certainly not a blocking TE and LJ give us two pass catching TE's and one blocking TE. I too though, would rather have Ben Patrick.

Go_Eagles77
06-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Matt Schobel is a recieving TE, but definately not a starting TE. I'm sure LJ Smith will be back by the season opener, all I heard was he was going to miss the OTAs in like a week.

brat316
06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I heard the Ben Patrick had a shoulder problem thats why he fell to the 7th round for the cards.

Yeah LJ and Schobel are both recieving TEs

brat316
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Ohh and i dont think Bartrum is going to leave, do we have another LS

Neo
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I heard the Ben Patrick had a shoulder problem thats why he fell to the 7th round for the cards.

Yeah LJ and Schobel are both recieving TEs

That is exactly correct, my friend plays WR for the Blue Hens and that is what he and the rest of the team were told by the coaching staff.

cunningham06
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Ohh and i dont think Bartrum is going to leave, do we have another LS

Jon Dorenbos is a LS. Emergency LS Darren Howard. I love that versatility.

Sniper
06-02-2007, 12:02 AM
2 blocking TE's? Bartrum I expect will be cut/retire, so Schobel who is certainly not a blocking TE and LJ give us two pass catching TE's and one blocking TE. I too though, would rather have Ben Patrick.

Coulda fooled me. Schobel sure as hell didn't do much catching last year

Auron
06-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I was just wondering how Kevin Kolb has looked in Rookie Camps, and OTA's for you guys? any word on how his throwing drills went?

I'm really interested in seeing how he'll be groomed, I really like the kid. He won't be McNabb, but I think he can be a really solid starting QB one day for the Eagles.

Neo
06-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Only so many balls to go around. Its hard to complain about any aspect of the offense when it is second in the NFL

Sniper
06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
True, but it never seemed like he had the best mitts on the squad. Always droppin the ball

cunningham06
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM

True, his production sucked, but he is sure no blocking specialist. Receiving is what he's best at which is pretty sad.

Neo
06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
True, his production sucked, but he is sure no blocking specialist. Receiving is what he's best at which is pretty sad.

Just wondering what do you people expect from a backup TE? If the offense wasnt dominating i could see maybe a complaint for some sorta shortcomings, but the offense was one of the best in the NFL he gave the eagles 2 very long plays during the year and 2 TD's. That is pretty productive for a backup TE.

cunningham06
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Just wondering what do you people expect from a backup TE? If the offense wasnt dominating i could see maybe a complaint for some sorta shortcomings, but the offense was one of the best in the NFL he gave the eagles 2 very long plays during the year and 2 TD's. That is pretty productive for a backup TE.

When we brought him in there was a lot of talk about 2 TE sets. Schobel didn't prove good enough to make that an effective offense for us to run. 14 receptions isn't that bad for a backup TE, but we brought him in with the intention of him doing more. Look at the size of his contract, that is more money then a guy who has 14 receptions a season deserves. Just because our offense did well I don't give him a free pass, he dropped balls and played poorly in the first half of the season.

Neo
06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
When we brought him in there was a lot of talk about 2 TE sets. Schobel didn't prove good enough to make that an effective offense for us to run. 14 receptions isn't that bad for a backup TE, but we brought him in with the intention of him doing more. Look at the size of his contract, that is more money then a guy who has 14 receptions a season deserves. Just because our offense did well I don't give him a free pass, he dropped balls and played poorly in the first half of the season.

"When we brought him in there was a lot of talk about 2 TE sets."
From whom? the fans? WIP?

"14 receptions isn't that bad for a backup TE, but we brought him in with the intention of him doing more"
any evidence.

basically you are being ridiculous. He was brought in for what he is. A backup vet at TE. Thats about it.

cunningham06
06-03-2007, 12:44 AM
"When we brought him in there was a lot of talk about 2 TE sets."
From whom? the fans? WIP?

"14 receptions isn't that bad for a backup TE, but we brought him in with the intention of him doing more"
any evidence.

basically you are being ridiculous. He was brought in for what he is. A backup vet at TE. Thats about it.

Reid in interviews on his plans for Schobel mentioned two tight end sets. As well as Dave Spadaro, but he isn't that credible a source.

Look at his contract, that is worth more than 14 receptions a season. He dropped balls he should have caught, and didn't play well in the first half of the season.

Neo
06-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Reid in interviews on his plans for Schobel mentioned two tight end sets. As well as Dave Spadaro, but he isn't that credible a source.

Look at his contract, that is worth more than 14 receptions a season. He dropped balls he should have caught, and didn't play well in the first half of the season.

Reid interviews? where?

jonbrodo17
06-03-2007, 02:23 PM
y are we arguing over Matt Shobel?????

I also thought that we expected more of him but who cares?

cunningham06
06-03-2007, 04:46 PM
y are we arguing over Matt Shobel?????

I also thought that we expected more of him but who cares?

His contract is bigger than he deserves, and we could use the cap space. We could easily find someone cheaper who could do as much as Schobel did last season.

brat316
06-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Remeber that guy with the dread locks we had wats his name steven Spach

Bigp5437
06-04-2007, 01:06 PM
You mean Thomas Tapeh? He's from the same school as Steven Spach, but Tapeh is a FB, Steven Spach is a TE, and I believe he was in the draft this year so no way we have him lol

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Remeber that guy with the dread locks we had wats his name steven Spach

I think you are right, but I wouldn't want anyone to hold me to that one.

Go_Eagles77
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
You mean Thomas Tapeh? He's from the same school as Steven Spach, but Tapeh is a FB, Steven Spach is a TE, and I believe he was in the draft this year so no way we have him lol

You're thinking of Matt Spaeth.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/mattspaeth.html

He's thinking of Stephen Spach

http://web.archive.org/web/20051214200608/www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/teamRosterDetails.jsp?id=26832

He sucks though, right now we have 4 TEs on the roster who are better than him, don't know why anyone would want him back.

brat316
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
there we go Nice call on on that

brat316
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Ohh yeah i was just bringing him up since we were talking about TE, he hair was odd so i remebered him

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Spach was a bit of an odd duck, but he was a decent reserve player. I think he didn't have the special teams skills to keep his spot on the Eagles.

eaglesfan_45
06-05-2007, 02:13 PM
On the eagles website they are voting for the 75th anniversary team and FS is up Brian Dawkins is dominating there are six people to vote for and he has 93% of the vote

Go_Eagles77
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM
On the eagles website they are voting for the 75th anniversary team and FS is up Brian Dawkins is dominating there are six people to vote for and he has 93% of the vote

Dawk is no doubt the best for me, but Wes Hopkins should get some credit too, he was a beast.

brat316
06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
SO i hear that Bethel got cut after failing his physical so Bloom wins.

Bigp5437
06-06-2007, 11:52 AM
You're thinking of Matt Spaeth.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/mattspaeth.html

He's thinking of Stephen Spach

http://web.archive.org/web/20051214200608/www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/teamRosterDetails.jsp?id=26832

He sucks though, right now we have 4 TEs on the roster who are better than him, don't know why anyone would want him back.

My mistake lol. Thanks for clearing that up, I remember him now but I honestly completely forgot about this guy haha, I guess we can see why.

Bigp5437
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
SO i hear that Bethel got cut after failing his physical so Bloom wins.

Where did you hear that from? Just curious.

brat316
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
uh http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10214359 scroll to the bottom

bsaza2358
06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
bhaa, please remember to include links supporting rumors before posting them in the forum. Thanks for the followup.

brat316
06-06-2007, 05:01 PM
ohh nah it wasnt a rumor well thats what i thought thats why

jonbrodo17
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
i'm pretty sure the inquirer said that they might pick him up again until he can pass a physical

bsaza2358
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Anything is possible at this point. The team will do what is necessary to get competition at every level during training camp.

cunningham06
06-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Even with competition I think Bloom gets it, he's just so quick and cuts so well. Bethel Johnson is good at that too, but Bloom has got a ton of potential, it's insane watching him return kicks.

bsaza2358
06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen any recent footage of Bloom doing much of anything. I know he was put on the IR last season for a bit of a BS reason because he wasn't ready to play. It was a roster spot saving move, and I think it was the correct one. I'm sure Bloom has plenty of potential, but I'm not going to annoint him anything until I see him do it on the field.

brat316
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Wat about McNabb, returning i think he should have took'en his time. Look at what happend to pepper. Nabb isnt exactly injury free, he just cant seem to avoid them. Even if he is ahead he should take his time.

bsaza2358
06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
There is no way the Eagles doctors and coaches would have let Donnie get out on the field if he was a significant risk for reinjury. He got a little bit of work in in no-contact drills, and he's going to keep rehabbing. If he's okay and won't reinjure the knee by doing specific drills, there's no reason not to let him out there.

brat316
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah i haven't found any videos of Bloom returning anything

cunningham06
06-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah i haven't found any videos of Bloom returning anything

I don't know if they are still up but there were short clips of Bloom returning and running routes on the eagles website.

Black Majic
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I think donovan should take it easy because every snap that he misses will justify the draft pick even more. I hate the waiting game for draft picks. if you love football, get signed and get into camp. For most the big bucks come with the second contract. i think its dumb that players wait and hold out and then lose 50,000 dollars a pop for missing voluntary workouts every year. Id be working towards every escalator in my deal

bsaza2358
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I could give a crap about justifying draft picks at this point. It's all about making sure players are healthy and ready to go in training camp. All rookies should be signed ASAP, and I want everyone healthy in July/August. I want McNabb at full speed by Week 1. Kolb's status means nothing to me at present.

jonbrodo17
06-13-2007, 08:48 AM
There is no way the Eagles doctors and coaches would have let Donnie get out on the field if he was a significant risk for reinjury. He got a little bit of work in in no-contact drills, and he's going to keep rehabbing. If he's okay and won't reinjure the knee by doing specific drills, there's no reason not to let him out there.

exactly all my friends are telling me that it was stupid to let him back but they obviously aren't going to let him back if hes not ready

camp_eagles
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM
There is a rumor on si.com about the eagles maby having some interset in Donovan Darius. What do you guys think about him?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6596

Go_Eagles77
06-15-2007, 06:10 PM
There is a rumor on si.com about the eagles maby having some interset in Donovan Darius. What do you guys think about him?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6596

I'm not interested, he's a bit of a liability in coverage, he's basically an older Michael Lewis, granted not as one dimentional as Mike, but too close for my likeing, plus who would you cut? I really don't think they'd consider keeping 5 safetys.

jonbrodo17
06-16-2007, 07:23 AM
I actually wouldn't mind he has a great work ethic and we could use all the help we can get a SS

Go_Eagles77
06-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I actually wouldn't mind he has a great work ethic and we could use all the help we can get a SS

I kinda agree now, after giving it some thought I think he could be a pretty good addition to the team and he could fill the only real hole on our whole team, he's a local guy, and he could be another leader for this team.

I wonder if Gaddis would last on the Practice Squad...

Neo
06-18-2007, 11:40 AM

Id rather have Considine... and i am pretty sure the eagles would agree...

Sniper
06-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Id rather have Considine... and i am pretty sure the eagles would agree...

Why? Considine is a joke. Darius is not as big a liability in the passing game as Lewis was. To me, Darius is an upgrade.

brat316
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah Darius's coverage game has gotten better over the years. Plus we know Considine can cover, so on def run or pass play we can plug each one in the right situations.

Neo
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Why? Considine is a joke. Darius is not as big a liability in the passing game as Lewis was. To me, Darius is an upgrade.

Considine is a joke... i wasnt aware of that. Thats why lewis was benched in favor of the better player (considine) FACT Considine is better than Lewis/Darius... sorry

neko4
06-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I think he just called you guys nit-wit racists:
How is donovan not a leader... i am pretty sure all his teammates and coaches consider he is a leader... and considering he has a better playoff record than your boy elway over 8 seasons it is safe to say he is atleast the leader elway was at that point.

As for the eagles fans... Most eagles fans are what Howard Eskin would call them "nitwits". Also historically speaking philadelphia has been one of the more racist cities in the nation.

cunningham06
06-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I kinda agree now, after giving it some thought I think he could be a pretty good addition to the team and he could fill the only real hole on our whole team, he's a local guy, and he could be another leader for this team.

I wonder if Gaddis would last on the Practice Squad...

He is better than Michael Lewis because he's better in coverage. Considine is better in coverage than Darius though, while he is kind of weak in run support. Darius would be an upgrade over Considine but may not be worth the money he will want.

Gaddis would be gone in a second.

brat316
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
how about sammy knight a cheaper Darius, and a little less talented but still good nice in coverage or used to be

cunningham06
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Considine is a joke... i wasnt aware of that. Thats why lewis was benched in favor of the better player (considine) FACT Considine is better than Lewis/Darius... sorry

Lewis was giving up passing TD's, so he was benched because he was HORRIBLE. Considine's play was ok last season. There was a noticeable drop off in run support, but he at least wasn't letting in passing TD's like Lewis was. If you think that Darius is as bad as Michael Lewis was last season, then you've never watched Darius play. Run support is his forte of course, but he's not bad in pass defense. When healthy he is better than Considine. You are a moron stop posting because you have no idea what you are talking about.

cunningham06
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
how about sammy knight a cheaper Darius, and a little less talented but still good nice in coverage or used to be

Knights over the hill and would be a downgrade at this point.

LitoSheppard
06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Um, I just went to the top of the thread and someone said Considine is a joke, That dude played better then the avg SS last year, he is pretty good and has a lot of potential, also, the Eagles seem to like him a lot.. He belongs in the FS spot not the SS spot, but still plays good enough not to be called a joke like you just did..

Sniper
06-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Perhaps you should pay attention more then. Considine was routinely out of position, got trucked etc... Lewis was SO bad in pass coverage even a casual fan could see this, hence his benching. You're clearly drunk if you think Considine is better than Lewis and/or Darius. How do you get "FACT Considouche is better than Lewis/Darius"? Do you have statistical proof backing this up?

jonbrodo17
06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Darius wouldn't start he would just be a role player like M. Lewis was last year

Sniper
06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Darius wouldn't start he would just be a role player like M. Lewis was last year

There's that minor issue where Lewis WAS the starter last year before he sucked. Not quite a role player

Sniper
06-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Um, I just went to the top of the thread and someone said Considine is a joke, That dude played better then the avg SS last year, he is pretty good and has a lot of potential, also, the Eagles seem to like him a lot.. He belongs in the FS spot not the SS spot, but still plays good enough not to be called a joke like you just did..

This coming from the guy who said we're "stacked" at RB. Considine is terrible. He most definitely did not play better than the average SS last year. I don't see what you guys see in Considine. He is vastly overrated and to be honest, really isn't that good. Next thing you know you're gonna try and tell me Matt McCoy is future star.

bsaza2358
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I believe that Considine did a passable job at SS last year. Certainly, he did well enough that the Eagles did not draft a safety during the first day. I recognize that they loved Brandon Merriweather, but they were also not willing to trade up for him, which says a lot. I think a bulked up Considine with a 1/2 year under his belt as the starter will help this team. I don't think he's a pro-bowl talent, but I think he's a capable starter, and he has room to improve.

bsaza2358
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
That being said, I'm not certain how much Darius really has left in the tank. The Eagles are usually a young team, and they don't sign a lot of older FA's. Darius could help for a year, but he's not a long-term answer. He's more of a patch than anything else. I would prefer not to have both of our starting safeties over 30.

brat316
06-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Bartrum Retires

Black Majic
06-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I wouldnt mind him. They say he's a liability in coverage thou but hopefully not michael lewis type liability. Question, say the Titans released Pacman. Would any of you take a flyer on him b/c of his skill and potential. I know some team will, but would that ever be the eagles? The patriots would snap him up in a second i think

bsaza2358
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
There is no way that the Eagles would take on Pacman. Andy Reid is a big believer in character. He has released players for less than Pacman has done in a week. I don't think the Eagles would take Jones if he paid the team to play for them.

brat316
06-20-2007, 09:22 PM
If Pac was comming out of college and Andy looked into it like he did with Merrieweather ( who some people said he had a character issue, and Andy would not take him). Pac would be an Eagle.

Sniper
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
If Pac was comming out of college and Andy looked into it like he did with Merrieweather ( who some people said he had a character issue, and Andy would not take him). Pac would be an Eagle.

Get the **** out of here. There's a difference between 1 or 2 occasions like Merriweather and a dumbass who gets in trouble every other week. Come on.

brat316
06-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Comming out of college he had one or 2, now its everyother week lol

cunningham06
06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Comming out of college he had one or 2, now its everyother week lol

Different circumstances completely Meriweather was involved in a fight in the middle of the field, which isn't a character issue IMO. When there are baseball fights, the benches always clear. Shooting back after being shot at is common sense, if you don't you have a mental issue, not a character issue. He owned the gun legally, he was just defending himself.

Pacman on the other hand has been "involved" in several shootings and bar fights. He makes it rain.

Disregarding Pacmans problems and the zero chance that we would take a chance on him, he is a hell of a player and was a top 15 CB last season, and is improving.

It really irritates me to see players with such talent piss it all away by off field incidents. I would love to have Pacmans ability which he takes for granted.

Go_Eagles77
06-21-2007, 01:20 AM
It really irritates me to see players with such talent piss it all away by off field incidents. I would love to have Pacmans ability which he takes for granted.

Amen, thats the great thing about the eagles and really makes them a top-end organization, they know how to evaluate character, how often do you hear about eagles getting in trouble with the law? Honestly the last thing I can remember is Bunkley having a gun on his dashboard last offseason, which if I remember correctly was false (may not have been). Thank God of that too, imagine if the eagles players got into trouble as much as the bengals, it would probably be treated 5x worse by the media becasue its Philadelphia, you know, with the high crime-rate and all, the fans may not be the most level-headed guys but at least unlike the bengals, the eagles know how to put together a great team without all the extra baggage, and I'm really proud of that fact.

bsaza2358
06-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Despite these character concerns, the Eagles really liked Merriweather and were prepared to take him at #26 overall. When the Pats snagged him, they decided to trade back. The Eagles won't necessarily shy away from guys with questionable histories, but they will stay away from severe problem cases.

brat316
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
So wat do u guys think eagles will be rated on Madden, I am saying Overall 87 Off. 90
D-85
ST-82- nothing special happend on ST it was average.

bsaza2358
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't think Madden really matters. That is my personal belief. What a bunch of computer programmers think means nothing. Not a bad idea to get the thread going again, though.

jonbrodo17
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
i really don't care about madden ratings

well guys, i am going away for the summer and i can't check ill be back just in time for the preseason though, GO BIRDS

Black Majic
06-22-2007, 03:21 PM
i HEARD DEVIN HESTERS SPEED WILL BE A 100. UNHEARD OF. THATS DEION SPEED. hE DID RETURN TWO KICKS ON ME IN THE SAME GAME. NOT TO PROUD OF THAT. LOL PACMAN MAKES IT RAIN.

brat316
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Deion didnt even get 100 did he, Prime time gave him the name Any time.

Sniper
06-23-2007, 10:51 PM
i HEARD DEVIN HESTERS SPEED WILL BE A 100. UNHEARD OF. THATS DEION SPEED. hE DID RETURN TWO KICKS ON ME IN THE SAME GAME. NOT TO PROUD OF THAT. LOL PACMAN MAKES IT RAIN.

Work with me here. To the left of your A key, there is a key titled "Caps Lock". Clearly, it is on right now. Press it again and you will now be able to type like a normal human being.

cunningham06
06-24-2007, 01:11 AM
I expect we will have an overall rating of 89.

Sniper
06-25-2007, 02:20 AM
I expect us to have a 91 rating.

Black Majic
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Sometimes cap lock provides emphasis and emotion that typing doesnt convey. Jon Kitna says he perdicts over ten wins for the lions. i took that as a shot at the eagles b/c we play them. i am a little worried about them. Just a little. but then again i always pick the eagles in pick'em to win everygame. true fans do that

Sniper
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Sometimes cap lock provides emphasis and emotion that typing doesnt convey. Jon Kitna says he perdicts over ten wins for the lions. i took that as a shot at the eagles b/c we play them. i am a little worried about them. Just a little. but then again i always pick the eagles in pick'em to win everygame. true fans do that

That doesn't mean you use it for an entire message. That's just annoying and makes you look like a 7 year old.

brat316
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Last time we played them looked what happend

Black Majic
06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
new year, new day. same message applies. and sniper, your nitpicking like a preschooler

bsaza2358
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not worried about the Lions too much. Their defense looks to be very porous. I trust our offense to execute much more than their defense. I like us to easily outscore them, especially with Kevin Jones still rehabbing.

CW99
06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
What do the lions think they have on defense? They've got a good DT and Dre bly that leaves 9 other question marks nice optimism Kitna but your setting your self up for failure

bsaza2358
06-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Dre Bly was traded to the Broncos this past offseason for George Foster, Tatum Bell, and a draft pick. The Lions have a lot of interesting younger players, but a lot of unproven stuff.

brat316
06-27-2007, 11:25 AM
still its the lions

bsaza2358
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
What does that even mean? Teams have gone from the gutter to the NFL title in 1 year. Not to say that the Lions will, but it's been done quite a bit in the salary cap era. The Lions have a very interesting offense, and their defensive coaching staff is excellent. I don't see big things for them right away, but a few little tweaks and some good coaching, and stuff could happen. Never overlook anyone ever.

Black Majic
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Amen Bsaza

Sniper
06-28-2007, 01:13 AM
new year, new day. same message applies. and sniper, your nitpicking like a preschooler

No, I'm just saying don't be one of those annoying people WHO THINK IT'S COOL TO WRITE THEIR ENTIRE MESSAGE IN CAPS LOCK WHETHER OR NOT THEY'RE TRYING TO ADD EMPHASIS! I've seen many a message board member type this way and 95% of the time they type all of their messages like this, so sorry if I thought you were one of those guys.

Bsaza, I agree to not overlook anyone. Looking at the schedule last year I thought we would smoke the Bucs and Saints. Look how that turned out.

bsaza2358
06-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I thought the Saints and Bucs were gimme games, as well. I didn't foresee Peyton and the return to New Orleans having that much of an impact. Reggie Bush developed about as I expected, but Colston and Copper were much better, and Deuce McCallister was an enigma.

The Bucs game happened because the team didn't take them seriously and didn't play hard enough. They let a well-coached team hang around and lost on a miracle 60+ yard FG.

CW99
06-29-2007, 04:39 PM
The Bucs game was a fluke game the dude couldn't hit a 50 yard field goal in a his whole career

Black Majic
07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Stupid penalty at the end of that game too

cunningham06
07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Jerome McDougle single handedly lost the Saints game. Right when I thought he did something good too...

bsaza2358
07-09-2007, 08:32 AM
I was pretty sure it was Omar Gaither who got called for the horrid 12 man on the field penalty, not McDougle. McDougle was the one who kicked Eli Manning in the groin and drew the roughing the passer penalty.

NFLMasterG
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
we should trade mcnabb kolb is the future

raidersfan86
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
no we shouldnt... kolb is gonna be a decent backup maybe in a few years hell be a starter but for now we need the mcnair to be our quarterback

cunningham06
07-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I was pretty sure it was Omar Gaither who got called for the horrid 12 man on the field penalty, not McDougle. McDougle was the one who kicked Eli Manning in the groin and drew the roughing the passer penalty.

My bad, I meant the Bucs game where he sacked Gradkowski but facemasked him and then kicking the flag which put the Bucs in field goal range on a drive that should have ended in a punt.

LitoSheppard
07-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Hell of a first post

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM

Welcome to the board and the Eagles forum. As Eagles Team Leader, I request that you provide more in-depth talking points if you're going to make such a controversial comment. Thanks.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
My bad, I meant the Bucs game where he sacked Gradkowski but facemasked him and then kicking the flag which put the Bucs in field goal range on a drive that should have ended in a punt.

Either way, McDougle blew that game for us. I think Trent Cole blew the Giants game with the kick to the groin, and Gaither messed up in the Saints game. Between all of that crap, the team still won the division and a playoff game...

Sniper
07-10-2007, 10:12 AM

Hell of a first point. If that move made any sense whatsoever they might even consider it. Since it doesn't because McNabb is a top 5 QB and Kolb is a system QB, they shouldn't and won't. At least provide some reasoning.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
McNabb is the present and could be the future. Kolb is a nice insurance policy. Why take the risk and get 25 cents on the dollar for McNabb? The team would get back draft picks, which would also cost a bunch of guaranteed money. On top of it, they'd take a huge cap hit for moving McNabb's contract. Horrid, horrid idea.

Sniper
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
McNabb is the present and could be the future. Kolb is a nice insurance policy. Why take the risk and get 25 cents on the dollar for McNabb? The team would get back draft picks, which would also cost a bunch of guaranteed money. On top of it, they'd take a huge cap hit for moving McNabb's contract. Horrid, horrid idea.

But don't you know Garcia led the Eagles to a 5-1 record and McNabb sucks LOLZ OMG!?!?!?!?!?!?!! :rolleyes: Not like McNabb's been and is the franchise or anything.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 10:21 AM
McNabb's status as the franchise player is in question this season. If he goes out with another big injury, the team can't afford to rely on him anymore. The Kolb pick was a signal that they are willing to move on if necessary.

Eaglez.Fan
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
This whole blowing the game stuff is overrated. If the players performed better in the 1st part of the game to have insurance incase someone does something stupid, which happens all the time. Yes those stupid plays hurt us but they did not lose us a game, you can't lose or win a game on one play.

bsaza2358
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
That is a very fair point. However, the team was cost field position and momentum by costly penalties at very inopportune times that resulted in big chances for the opposition. In the Giants game, the 30 yards in penalties gave the G-Men a FG try that sent the game to OT. In New Orleans, it cost the team 3 minutes of game clock and field position. In the Tampa game, it set up the Bucs for the FG chance. Yes, 1 play didn't lose the game, but they were directly responsible for the plays that cost the team the game. They were game-altering mistakes.

Black Majic
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Lets say Mcnabb did get injured again this year. I guarantee he'll be in someone else's uniform while we struggle with a 2nd year player

bsaza2358
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
If McNabb got injured again and missed a good chunk of the season, it is very probable that his time as an Eagle would likely be over. The team can't afford to keep his salary on the roster when he can't stay healthy and lead the franchise.

Sniper
07-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Lets say Mcnabb did get injured again this year. I guarantee he'll be in someone else's uniform while we struggle with a 2nd year player

There's no need to struggle ;) Although Kolb was taken too high, he fits our system well and we still have one of the best backs in the NFL.

brat316
07-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Any one know when the 75th anniversary game is, im trying to get tixs for that game or at least the home opener against the red skins

brat316
07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
How about Ilona being signed to 4 yrs. looks like hes not going to get cut, also Ambrini was signed to a 4 yr. Looks good

bsaza2358
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I was surprised about the 4-year deal. After the post-draft camps, the Eagles must really like what they have with him. Looks to me like Buckhalter is out, and the Eagles will probably go with Wesbrook, Hunt, and Ilona on the roster. Maybe Moats or Mahe make it, but even that is looking doubtful.

jefepowhnzer
07-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Is anyone else pretty content with the thought of a Westbrook/Hunt/Ilaoa rotation? Hunt and Ilaoa seem like they would bring a welcomed change of pace in the backfield. I'm not up to date on whether Westbrooks knee is still a legitimate concern, but having Hunt and Ilaoa to pound the ball here and there could reduce that concern. As far as Moats and Mahe I think it's a toss up. Mahe has the experience on ST and has seemed to be one of Reids favorites, but isn't he doing the job they drafted Bloom to do? As a back up for Westbrook I would rather have Moats, but I think Hunt might do ok in Westbooks position if he had to.

Anyone else agree? Or am I way off?

brat316
07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
This is what I think its like Duce, Buck, and West rotation again. Duce could pound the ball and catch, that was Ilaoa is going to do for us. And Hunt is younger and less experinced Buck, but rbs just play natraully except maybe in our system where they need to use some brains.

I think Moats is going to stay, we still need an quick back, he might end up on the practice squad, or just be inactive for every game, untill somone gets hurt.

cunningham06
07-24-2007, 12:23 AM
This is what I think its like Duce, Buck, and West rotation again. Duce could pound the ball and catch, that was Ilaoa is going to do for us. And Hunt is younger and less experinced Buck, but rbs just play natraully except maybe in our system where they need to use some brains.

I think Moats is going to stay, we still need an quick back, he might end up on the practice squad, or just be inactive for every game, untill somone gets hurt.

We don't really need Moats. He's a pretty similar style of back to Westbrook Westbrook is our quick back, as well as other qualities that he fulfills.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 12:27 AM
We don't really need Moats. He's a pretty similar style of back to Westbrook Westbrook is our quick back, as well as other qualities that he fulfills.

And Moats can't learn a damn playbook. I like Westbrook, Hunt and Ilaoa though. I'm very high on Hunt despite him being a PSU alum ;) He runs well between the tackles and can catch the ball.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Is anyone else pretty content with the thought of a Westbrook/Hunt/Ilaoa rotation? Hunt and Ilaoa seem like they would bring a welcomed change of pace in the backfield. I'm not up to date on whether Westbrooks knee is still a legitimate concern, but having Hunt and Ilaoa to pound the ball here and there could reduce that concern. As far as Moats and Mahe I think it's a toss up. Mahe has the experience on ST and has seemed to be one of Reids favorites, but isn't he doing the job they drafted Bloom to do? As a back up for Westbrook I would rather have Moats, but I think Hunt might do ok in Westbooks position if he had to.

Anyone else agree? Or am I way off?

I'm not thrilled with the idea of keeping 2 rookies on the roster. Rookie RB's are notoriously weak in pass protection. I think both Hunt and Ilaoa are advanced students, but I worry about their ability to step in for Westbrook in the event of injury. I think Mahe's role on the team is now taken by Jeremy Bloom. Moats is replacable, but I'd hate to give up on him because his contract is cheap, and he has a lot of ability.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Moats was drafted specifically because Westbrook was a potential holdout candidate, and he couldn't stay healthy. The team looked at Moats as Westbrook insurance. If he could learn the playbook, the Eagles could seamlessly run their offense via either back, or exploit D's with both in the backfield (imagine that).

brat316
07-24-2007, 08:37 PM
u know who looks dumb or goofy tony Hunt that is one ugly motha

Sniper
07-24-2007, 11:57 PM
u know who looks dumb or goofy tony Hunt that is one ugly motha

Ok?

He can play. That's all I'm worried about.

brat316
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
yeah he can play

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 07:20 AM
The players wear lots of pads and helmets and mouth-guards. I could give a crap what the dude looks like. The dude can run and catch and block, and he was worthy of a third round pick. That's all that matters.

Go_Eagles77
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
He looks normal to me, his teeth look kinda small though. I can't believe I'm talking about this lol

But yeah he was a great player in college, hopefully he could be just as good in the NFL, if he could stop the eagles from passing on 3rd and 1 I'm happy.

Black Majic
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I heard Ilaoa looked good in the mini camps. Just office gossip but that he looked good returning kicks. I would mind insurance if bloom isnt what we hope for. Can anybody expain how you get to 245lbs at 5'8. Wow can u say compact. Seems to me like he would be hard to tackle if he runs low to the ground and has balance like they say

Sniper
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
He looks normal to me, his teeth look kinda small though. I can't believe I'm talking about this lol

But yeah he was a great player in college, hopefully he could be just as good in the NFL, if he could stop the eagles from passing on 3rd and 1 I'm happy.

Very good college player, not great. But yes I do get your point. Last year against the Giants, the first game, was a great example of why we drafted him. It was like 4th and 1 and they go to Westbrook on a counter or something to the outside. Personally I would have gone QB Sneak with our massive QB but regardless that's where a player like Hunt is nice.

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
If anything, it showed a severe lack of faith in Buckhalter to get the job done. On 4th and 1, you either QB sneak it, or you bring in a between-the-tackles runner. If you're going to use Westbrook, you get him out in space. A counter really isn't the right playcall there. It's another reason why I'm glad Mornenweig took over the offensive playcalling from Reid.

Sniper
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
If anything, it showed a severe lack of faith in Buckhalter to get the job done. On 4th and 1, you either QB sneak it, or you bring in a between-the-tackles runner. If you're going to use Westbrook, you get him out in space. A counter really isn't the right playcall there. It's another reason why I'm glad Mornenweig took over the offensive playcalling from Reid.

Yeah me too. I hope that he can stick to his guns about more running, less passing because that makes the Eagles a much better team. On 1st and 10 it's okay to give Westbrook the ball on a run instead of a swing pass. Plus, it keeps the defense fresher.

cunningham06
07-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Moats was drafted specifically because Westbrook was a potential holdout candidate, and he couldn't stay healthy. The team looked at Moats as Westbrook insurance. If he could learn the playbook, the Eagles could seamlessly run their offense via either back, or exploit D's with both in the backfield (imagine that).

That's why he was drafted, but as of right now we don't really need him. Westbrook has got a nice big contract, and is getting the recognition he wanted. Moats looked really good as a rookie, and he was looking to take some carries away from Westbrook for last season. His injury in the offseason really set him back and Buckhalter took the backup spot.

There have been a lot of rumors about how the Eagles have been shopping Moats, so I'd give the edge to Buckhalter because I do think we will keep 4 RB's on the roster. Westbrook, Buckhalter, Hunt, Ilaoa. We don't really need Moats because he doesn't offer anything that the others don't. Just my view on the situation.

brat316
07-26-2007, 02:27 AM
For those of u who dont know Darnell Bing was wavied by the Raiders, any chances eagle might pick him up, as far as measurements go he is perfect for a safety and has speed. Injuries or injury kinda hampred his career so far, we were looking to add a Safety through the draft, and we did get some guys they are more projects guys though, I think if Bing could play out a full season he would be bad, he does have high expectations

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 08:22 AM
That's why he was drafted, but as of right now we don't really need him. Westbrook has got a nice big contract, and is getting the recognition he wanted. Moats looked really good as a rookie, and he was looking to take some carries away from Westbrook for last season. His injury in the offseason really set him back and Buckhalter took the backup spot.

There have been a lot of rumors about how the Eagles have been shopping Moats, so I'd give the edge to Buckhalter because I do think we will keep 4 RB's on the roster. Westbrook, Buckhalter, Hunt, Ilaoa. We don't really need Moats because he doesn't offer anything that the others don't. Just my view on the situation.

You made some excellent points. I really can't disagree. Still, it's a cost issue. Moats = cheap. Buckhalter = not. I like the idea of competition. Works nicely for the team to have so many options. I'd rather have hard choices than no choices.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
For those of u who dont know Darnell Bing was wavied by the Raiders, any chances eagle might pick him up, as far as measurements go he is perfect for a safety and has speed. Injuries or injury kinda hampred his career so far, we were looking to add a Safety through the draft, and we did get some guys they are more projects guys though, I think if Bing could play out a full season he would be bad, he does have high expectations

Bing could be an interesting piece for the Eagles to add for depth. I thought the problem with Bing on the Raiders was that he was being deployed as a LB, not a safety. I'm not sure if he wasn't fast enough to play safety, or if it was because of scheme. I think his college pedigree will get him another job. I'm not certain the Eagles will go after him, though.

Black Majic
07-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I think Bing was fast enough to play safety. 4.5 forty with a big body for a safety so they did try him at LB. he's someone i wanted when he was first drafted. His release could be because the Raiders D is so good or he just wasnt picking up the position that well. b/c he was converted to lb i worry about his agility and ability to turn and run with wr,and rb aka Michael lewis. i think im headed up to training camp this Sat. I want to see some of the new guys in person. i personally wanna hand Mcdougle his pink slip too.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Does a big body kind of safety really fit into the Eagles' scheme? My take is that Bing's style of play is not really a fit for the JJ system. I would rather a guy who can cover and help in the 2-deep situations than a guy with deficiencies (like Lewis). I'd rather give the guys like Gaddis a shot before signing a guy who was cut after his rookie season.

Black Majic
07-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Eagels Training Camp Observations: Mr.Bloom is going to be more than a return threat. They threw alot of balls his way and he catches everything. His acceleration is amazing and he can cut on the dime. The other Wr granted rookies or second year players looked fine. Their are alot of tall recievers in camp. I think Greg Lewis could lose his job. Running backs, Illao wow. Looked like he had pads on, he's that big. he's not a break away threat but looks like he's going to be a load to tackle. He has good hands. Tony Hunt well, i thought he was a "Big back". if people mean big by he's taller than average running backs ok. but he's no Brandon Jacobs or Ron dayne. His speed is also average. Jason davis fb has suprising speed. Mcnabb looked great, it felt so good just seeing him run the offense. GHe wore a knee brace but looked pretty good. Kolb for the most part looked ok but he overthrew a few balls. Aj is just AJ. Does his job well. I'm pulling for the new Punter. His leg is crazy and he looks like he could fill in at linebacker in a pinch lol. He's huge. EJ COchrane looked tiny standing next to him. TE Brent Celek dropped a few passes. The D looked good in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. two picks and a passed defensed. S.Bradley and Gocong are alot bigger than the lb we re used to seeing play. Cant really say i watched to o-line much but theirs some pretty big guys i've never heard of. Great day saturday. I think im going back sunday

bsaza2358
07-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Great report, BM. I appreciate the insight. Enjoy your time and keep up the great work.

Grizzlegom
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
hey guys,

i'm a dolphins fan but i live right by Lehigh University so i go to the Eagles training camp every year. it looks like i'm heading up next saturday/sunday so i was wondering if anyone had anything in particular i should watch for. ill be sure to put up any observations i come across too.

bsaza2358
07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I think everyone is worried about McNabb's health. I'd like to see how McNabb is connecting with the WR's and how the rookies look. The status of Gocong and Bradley and Abriamiri interests me greatly.

Sniper
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I think everyone is worried about McNabb's health. I'd like to see how McNabb is connecting with the WR's and how the rookies look. The status of Gocong and Bradley and Abriamiri interests me greatly.

I went for like 20 minutes the other day before it got rained out. The first player I noticed was Abiamiri. He's HUMONGOUS! But for his size he has really good quickness and speed. They were doing ST and he was getting to the returner before some corners and receivers were. Like I said though, it got lightninged out, so I'll have to go again. 5 looked to be in good shape, looks like he dropped 10-15 lbs.

jefepowhnzer
07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Eagels Training Camp Observations: Mr.Bloom is going to be more than a return threat. They threw alot of balls his way and he catches everything. His acceleration is amazing and he can cut on the dime. The other Wr granted rookies or second year players looked fine. Their are alot of tall recievers in camp. I think Greg Lewis could lose his job. Running backs, Illao wow. Looked like he had pads on, he's that big. he's not a break away threat but looks like he's going to be a load to tackle. He has good hands. Tony Hunt well, i thought he was a "Big back". if people mean big by he's taller than average running backs ok. but he's no Brandon Jacobs or Ron dayne. His speed is also average. Jason davis fb has suprising speed. Mcnabb looked great, it felt so good just seeing him run the offense. GHe wore a knee brace but looked pretty good. Kolb for the most part looked ok but he overthrew a few balls. Aj is just AJ. Does his job well. I'm pulling for the new Punter. His leg is crazy and he looks like he could fill in at linebacker in a pinch lol. He's huge. EJ COchrane looked tiny standing next to him. TE Brent Celek dropped a few passes. The D looked good in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. two picks and a passed defensed. S.Bradley and Gocong are alot bigger than the lb we re used to seeing play. Cant really say i watched to o-line much but theirs some pretty big guys i've never heard of. Great day saturday. I think im going back sunday

I'm really interested in hearing about how Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett look. Any further tidbits?

brat316
07-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Nice, finally some big Lbs, that is nice if Bloom is more than a returner. I thought Ambrini would be a smaller lanky DE like Adams. Illaoa was a big back i knew that, i thought he was quick in a short area but not fast. Hunt yeah i thought he was an average rb, that could like do a little bit of everything.

Black Majic
07-31-2007, 09:02 AM
No Victor Ambrini stood out due to his size. I noticed that and i was glad. i wouldnt mind a base defensive end. Couldnt comment on Hank and Reggie because it was just rookies and selected vets.

Sniper
07-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Nice, finally some big Lbs, that is nice if Bloom is more than a returner. I thought Ambrini would be a smaller lanky DE like Adams. Illaoa was a big back i knew that, i thought he was quick in a short area but not fast. Hunt yeah i thought he was an average rb, that could like do a little bit of everything.

Abiamiri is listed at 6'4 265, and he's every bit of it. He's fast and will obviously get early PT due to how much the Eagles love their d-linemen.

bsaza2358
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
How are Kearse and Howard looking? I think they are really key to our overall defensive success. The two of them in tandem were beastly before Kearse's injury.

Hines
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
sorry if reposted but here is something i found that i felt was interesting...

Eagles CB Will James has been splitting time with Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown on the first team.

The three have shared reps evenly. There has been talk that James might take Brown's starting spot, but his most likely role remains in nickel formations

why on earth would they put brown as the number 3..i mean i dont catch that many eagle games but when i do he is always one of the physicalest dbs that i watch in the game

Go_Eagles77
08-02-2007, 12:20 AM
sorry if reposted but here is something i found that i felt was interesting...

Eagles CB Will James has been splitting time with Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown on the first team.

The three have shared reps evenly. There has been talk that James might take Brown's starting spot, but his most likely role remains in nickel formations

why on earth would they put brown as the number 3..i mean i dont catch that many eagle games but when i do he is always one of the physicalest dbs that i watch in the game

There is very little chance that James can beat out Sheldon, but who knows? If he outperforms him in TC/PS I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. Sheldon Brown does excel covering the slot and even if he is #2 on the depth chart he still will see quite a lot of time at nickel.

Creek
08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd go as far to say he's the most physicalest.

bsaza2358
08-02-2007, 08:14 AM
The Eagles use a lot of nickel formations in their defensive alignment. If James is going to be the nickel back, it is good for him to work with the first team to be on the field to develop rapport. He will also step in to work with the first team on certain coverage assignments. The competition is good for everyone, and it will work out nicely in the regular season as well.

Black Majic
08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I kind of hope he starts. I think it'll free sheldon up to blitz more and cover the run. He does that better than any other corner the eagles have. Dont get me wrong thou i Love Sheldon

bsaza2358
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Ah, so if Sheldon is on the bench for at least 40% of the defensive snaps, he'll be available to blitz and stop the run. I don't think you've thought this through fully. The Eagles have a stronger base D with 3 LB's. They don't use the nickel that often that it's wise for Brown to just be the nickel back.

Sniper
08-05-2007, 05:40 PM
My observations from Saturday morning practice

Jeremiah Trotter looks damn good. He pulled a Roy Williams vs. Chris Simms and stuffed a running back on a goalline play, couldn't see which RB. Got the crowd going nuts

10 times the second team O was in a goal line play (5 yards away or so), and 10 times the first team D said no. Spikes blanketed Schobel on one corner route and batted the pass down. Spikes and Trotter may kill some people this year.

Omar Gaither is becoming more and more vocal.

Buckhalter pulled up lame after a nice cut up the sidelines, but returned later. Tony Hunt stiff-armed the crap out of a defender and looks good.

McNabb pulled a Reggie Bush-like cut on his injured knee and left I believe James reaching for air.

Kevin Kolb looked awful. Very nervous, had 3-4 passes batted down, underthrew deep routes etc...

Black Majic
08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Ur right Bsaza, i wasnt thinking it all out. Tidbits from Sundays training camp. McNabb was accuarate pretty much all day. He rolled out and dashed around a little bit. The L.J Smith connections is back. L.j isnt wearing a red jersey anymore. Curtis beat his man deep for a long touchdown. perfect pass from Donovan. only Curtis was gonna get to it. Hopefully we see this all year. Reggie Brown is suprising me again and again. He produced on the field and then later i saw him catching balls from the JUGGS machine. Did not see Brian Westbrook at all. No one i was with could find out y. Baskett looks like a beast. Defense: Missing was kearse, lito(morning) B.dawk. The linebackers are big an fast. i dont believe the bend but dont break philosphy will apply this year. I saw back to back thrown picks by A.J. I think it was T.K.O who took off with one. Holcomb didnt fare much better. Side note, while getting autographs, i asked LJ if he needed an agent lol. ANyway Chris Gocong came over. I said how many sacks this year, 16? He said no 20. We cracked up. He's a big dude. We told him Merriman aint got nothin on him. Haha then he gave up his gloves to us. Jim Harbaugh came over. nice guy. nice to see he got a promotion. it looks like J.J Outlaw and Bloom are the main guys for KR. Lajaun Ramsey and Jerome Mcdougle stayed after morning practice to work on their first step. Tank Daniels,Bradley, stayed after for more help. Good to see that. G-Lew is making it hard to cut him. Nate Illao caught a screen and turned it up field with three blockers in front of him. How hard is he going to be to tackle. I dont recall seeing Buckhalter. Moats is extremely quick but i only saw him in on one play. A swing pass that he took off with. I'm still wishing i could see him and westbrook in the back field together. Off topic: Wlecome to the NFL Robert Meachem. His qb left him out to dry twice. The first time it was Reggie bush all over again and the second time would remind alot of people of my man Todd pinkston. He duck away from the ball and the hit.

Geo
08-06-2007, 03:54 PM
How's Brodrick Bunkley doing? He's my breakout player pick for the Eagles this year, I loved him as a prospect/draft pick and thinks he's going to help the Eagles' interior - especially against the run.

I'd go as far to say he's the most physicalest.
:p

10 times the second team O was in a goal line play (5 yards away or so), and 10 times the first team D said no. Spikes blanketed Schobel on one corner route and batted the pass down. Spikes and Trotter may kill some people this year.
Nice.

Buckhalter pulled up lame after a nice cut up the sidelines, but returned later. Tony Hunt stiff-armed the crap out of a defender and looks good.
I thought a great deal of Tony Hunt as well, I think he and Westbrook could potentially be the NFC East's best RB tandem within a year or two.

McNabb pulled a Reggie Bush-like cut on his injured knee and left I believe James reaching for air.
I'm surprised McNabb already is making such a cut.

Go_Eagles77
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Bunkley is definitely a good choice for a breakout player for the eagles, he had a holdout last year which really put him behind but his attitude from last year to this year is like night and day, and so is his play, he is listed as the starter and I think he will play like it. Back when other eagles fans were already labeling him as a bust I still thought he could be a dominant player in this league, and I can only hope he will prove me right.

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 08:18 AM
You can't necessarily call any player a bust after his rookie year. Conventional wisdom has taught us that most players have the biggest range of improvement between Year 1 and Year 2. Bunkley should be improved. If he sucks in 2007-2008, then he can maybe be labeled a bust. Fact is, he's pretty key to the DLine rotation.

Eaglez.Fan
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice reads from TC, keep it up.

camp_eagles
08-08-2007, 03:55 PM
I was wondering how Stewart Bradley has looked in camp? And does he have a chance to beat out Gocong for the SAM linebacker position especially since he was promoted to 2nd string?

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think Bradley beats Gocong out to start the season, but he should get on the field in nickel and other sub-package situations to start with. If Gocong struggles or gets injured again, look for Bradley to be ready to step in. Things I'm reading are very positive about the guy.

Black Majic
08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Lj SMith is hurt. Its his hernia again. They dont actually know how bad it is but it's a big loss anyway you look at it

Eaglez.Fan
08-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Jeez. I'm freaking out here. I just read on the score's ticker it said that Shaun Andrews is out indefinatley with an ankle injury. Someone please tell me something good about this.

bsaza2358
08-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Andrews has a high ankle sprain in the same area where he broke his fibula in 2004. He is in a walking boot and has been advised to rehab and not play football for the time being. This is certainly not good news, but I'm glad he's getting treated.

Go_Eagles77
08-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Reid announces the rotation for tomorrow's pre-season game at Baltimore

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=13618

I'm looking forward to see Kolb play the entire 2nd half, and if Hunt can get the tough yards on 3rd and short/ goaline. Hopefully Holcomb does well and gets a team interested in him for a trade. Also I'll have a close eye on Gocong and Bunkley.

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I, too, am anxious to see what Kolb can do. Getting a nice long look at him is probably a good idea. He has enough of a grasp of the offense to play an entire half. I would expect that Reid is going to protect the rook with the running game, but he'll want to see certain patterns of development. It's not as dire as McNabb's rookie year, so Kolb can develop a little more slowly.

Black Majic
08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I wanna see how the young safeties play and the return game.

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
At the end of the day, I just want zero injuries. That's all I ever really ask for out of a preseason game.

Sniper
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
At the end of the day, I just want zero injuries. That's all I ever really ask for out of a preseason game.

What's the deal with Andrews? Precautionary measure?

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Apparently, he has a high ankle sprain in the same leg he fractured in 2004. He won't play or practice for the time being as a precaution. If it was a regular season game, he might play. I'd rather he get healed and rehabbed. No reason at all to risk it. More PT for Jean Giles and Young.

D-Unit
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm excited for tonight!!! I want to see how Nasty Nate does tonight! I hope he gets a lot of carries!!!