PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

bsaza2358
10-02-2007, 08:26 AM
When you get beaten for 6 sacks by the same guy and are constantly overmatched, it's pretty obvious that you deserve a lot of the blame. The point of a legit bookend LT is to protect the QB, often going 1 on 1. Justice failed, but he also didn't get enough help.

jonbrodo17
10-02-2007, 06:42 PM
I never knew that Winston Justice is so bad, this just solidifies the belief that Andy will draft an OT, i am so disappointed 1-3 is horrible, I said to my dad "from 1999-2006 it was the eagles now from 2007-at least 4 or 5 years its gonna be the phillies"

Sniper
10-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I never knew that Winston Justice is so bad, this just solidifies the belief that Andy will draft an OT, i am so disappointed 1-3 is horrible, I said to my dad "from 1999-2006 it was the eagles now from 2007-at least 4 or 5 years its gonna be the phillies"

Dude, come on. First of all, he's a better fit at RT. Second of all, he's playing essentially his first real game against one of the best DEs in the entire league and you're blaming it all on him? So quick to dismiss a player. Give him a chance. Once Runyan goes, slide him over to RT and watch him dominate.

bsaza2358
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
BBD and I both think that the Eagles will go LT in the first round of this next draft. It is possible that they will dump both Thomas and Runyan and go with Justice + rook.

brat316
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I think they should keep one or the other Thomas or Runyan, that way on the other side, you always have that consistence of a vet.

bsaza2358
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
The Eagles specialize at getting rid of guys at the right time. I love both Thomas and Runyan, but they're in their mid-30's. Decline is probable. I think Runyan is more likely to come back than Thomas at this point.

RyanLeaf#1
10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
BBD and I both think that the Eagles will go LT in the first round of this next draft. It is possible that they will dump both Thomas and Runyan and go with Justice + rook.

Thats why the Eagles will never go anywhere. They need a playmaker. Who is going to help Kolb out next year? Kevin Curtis... no... Westbrook... getting old and injury prone... no.... Them and their "system" sucks. They need a WR/Playmaker/KR who can make some noise. The Eagles need Desean Jackson.

bsaza2358
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
They may go that route, but without a legit offensive line, it's not going to make any difference. McNabb's problem right now is that he doesn't have time to set and throw. No QB is going to have long term success unless they have the time. Doesn't matter who their weapons are.

brat316
10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, but the eagle are no know to pick Star players in the draft for the skill positions, always trying to find the dimonad in the rough. Sometimes it works out, Westbrooke from Nova, who knew.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Thats why the Eagles will never go anywhere. They need a playmaker. Who is going to help Kolb out next year? Kevin Curtis... no... Westbrook... getting old and injury prone... no.... Them and their "system" sucks. They need a WR/Playmaker/KR who can make some noise. The Eagles need Desean Jackson.

That system owned the East for the past 6 years. That system also was #2 in the league in offense last year.

Andy Reid knows what he's doing. Getting a Tackle is the right move, and Im more convinced than ever he'll make it.

Im a big Justice fan, I think that game was just one of those days, but I also feel that he could be dominant as a RT, and while he may be a solid LT potentially, the team would be better if they move him at RT and get a new LT via the draft.

Sam Baker ftw. Mark it down. Id hate to see him go to you guys but I see it happening :(

As for play making WRs, thats why theres 7 rounds in the draft. Look at draft history, theres just as many 2nd round WRs who are great as round 1 WRs.

Me personally, Id never take a WR early. I think WRs are overrated. If I have one critique of Reid's draft this year it is not taking a safety, and trading with Dallas, allowing them to get Spencer.

Other than that, I loved his draft.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM

I think Runyan is gonezo. But Thomas might stay for one year before they move their LT they get this draft into the starting lineup.

Philly tends to draft linemen one year in advance.

Sniper
10-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Sam Baker ftw. Mark it down. Id hate to see him go to you guys but I see it happening :(

I'd like Baker. He's better suited for the Eagles scheme than Jake Long is (even though Jake is my #1 OT in the draft) and would do a good job of protecting McNabb's/Kolb's blind side.

bsaza2358
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Baker is an absolute stud, but I see him slipping in the draft for some reason. Whatever team gets a healthy Baker could get one of the biggest steals.

Eaglez.Fan
10-04-2007, 02:12 PM
In the Forum Mock draft, I traded both Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan for picks later in the draft. And drafted Gosder Cherilus the RT from BC. Which would keep Justice at LT. In the 2nd round I picked up Thomas DeCoud FS from Cal.

Any thoughts?

bsaza2358
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
That is an interesting mock thusfar. I would like to see more offensive playmakers and CB depth going forward.

bigbluedefense
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Baker is an absolute stud, but I see him slipping in the draft for some reason. Whatever team gets a healthy Baker could get one of the biggest steals.

Its hard to tell now. At this point last season, Amobi Okeye was pegged as a round 2 player, and Alan Branch a top 3 pick. Okeye goes 7, and Branch in the 2nd round. So who knows who will fall where at this point.

A kid we're big on in the Giants board is the LT from Oklahoma. Phil Loadholt. I doubt he comes out, but that man is a beast. 350 lbs, and moves like he's 300. Easily the best LT prospect if he comes out this year.

bsaza2358
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
With all the big time QB's out there, it's bound to steal some draft status from the other players. I see this draft as moderately deep at certain positions. I'm not totally thrilled with the DS depth, but the OLine looks pretty good. QB looks incredibly deep, but RB and WR aren't that big a deal. Again, it is pretty interesting.

Sniper
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
A kid we're big on in the Giants board is the LT from Oklahoma. Phil Loadholt. I doubt he comes out, but that man is a beast. 350 lbs, and moves like he's 300. Easily the best LT prospect if he comes out this year.

Maybe he will come out if he's that far head and shoulder above Long and Baker as LT prospects. 6'8, 350, that's a big fella.

bsaza2358
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
The Eagles like their OLinemen big. The bigger, the better, provided they can move and get out in space on the screens.

Sniper
10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
The Eagles like their OLinemen big. The bigger, the better, provided they can move and get out in space on the screens.

Yes, I know that. From what I hear Loadholt is pretty nimble for a big guy. Maybe another Shawn Andrews? By the way, I know a lot of us were clamoring for Steven Jackson over Andrews on draft day. Would any of us still go back and take Jackson over Andrews today?

bsaza2358
10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I was confused by the move, but once I read more about his abilities, especially in the running game, I was more pleased with the pick. I wasn't in favor of Jackson in that draft. I don't remember what I wanted then because the team had just signed TO and Kearse that offseason. I think I might have liked Michael Clayton and Chris Gamble. Can't really recall.

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes, I know that. From what I hear Loadholt is pretty nimble for a big guy. Maybe another Shawn Andrews? By the way, I know a lot of us were clamoring for Steven Jackson over Andrews on draft day. Would any of us still go back and take Jackson over Andrews today?

I wanted Jackson at the time, but right now an argument could be made that Brian Westbrook is almost if not just as good as Jackson, and Andrews is one of the top OL in the league, so I'm really happy with how that turned out.

brat316
10-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Andrews is good, i like him, but to have a feature Rb like that is amazing. Westy is good, but i just don't think he can run the ball as effectly as he can do other things, like screens, and running routes from the back.

But i am happy about the andrews pick, helped Buck get 100 yrds.

SportzFreak
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Just watch the Oklahoma highlights on ESPN, Loadholt dominates. He is stout in the run game, and is also a very good pass protector. I agree with Winston Justice converting to RT. RT was the position he played in college, and he still practices there. I was really surprised he played so poorly.

With the tenth pick in the NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select... Sam Baker.

jonbrodo17
10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I hope we don't get the 10th pick!

bsaza2358
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I'd be okay with Baker or Loadholt. I love that name. LOADHOLT! Just sounds like a tough, badass dude.

eaglesfan_45
10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
If the draft was right now we would have the 7th pick

who would we take?

Sniper
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
If the draft was right now we would have the 7th pick

who would we take?

In order of who I think would be on the board...

1. Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
2. DeSean Jackson, WR/PR/KR, Cal
3. Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
4. Sam Baker, OT, USC

bsaza2358
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Zero chance the Eagles take a WR or S at #7 overall. Think OLine for sure.

bigbluedefense
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Zero chance the Eagles take a WR or S at #7 overall. Think OLine for sure.

maybe safety. but definately not WR.

and with Spikes playing at a high level, I don't see a 1st round LB in the works either.

I basically have it between LT and safety. The only safety I can see them taking is Phillips. Other than that, its LT all the way. And I personally feel thats the right move, unless Phillips is on the board.

bsaza2358
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I think the Eagles will draft a LT in the first round this year, probably regardless of their draft position.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I think the Eagles will draft a LT in the first round this year, probably regardless of their draft position.

There is so much depth this year at OT that it wouldn't be a bad option.

bsaza2358
10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Not only depth, but quality depth. The Eagles have had a solid track record of getting linemen in every round and in FA that turn out okay. They've had a few disappointments, but the overall track record is excellent. If the team is going to get Donnie back on track or is looking to start over with Kolb, they're going to need to protect him. Franchise LT's are crucial to successful offenses.

Geo
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
So what becomes of Winston Justice then?

bsaza2358
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
It is possible that the Eagles drop both Runyan and Thomas this offseason. Herremens or Justice would play RT, and in this scenario, the rookie LT would start from Day 1.

Sniper
10-10-2007, 03:18 PM
So what becomes of Winston Justice then?

He becomes a RT, which is his natural and best position. The Eagles do need a burner at wideout and a return man, so Djax would make sense. But Phillips/Baker/Loadholt is probably the pick.

brat316
10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I dont see the eagles in top 10 of the draft top 15 yes. I think they can finish with and 8-8 or 6-10 record hopefully.

And I think the eagles are going to do something diffrent from past years, so I think they will draft a S or WR, hell even a RB, why i dont know but they might. Seeing as how OT is the obvious pick they wont go in that direction

Teams worse than eagles

1.Falcon
2.Vikes
3.Bills
4.Saints
5.Phins
6.Rams
7.browns
8.Jets
Teams in the same league as Eagles

Raiders
Bears
Chiefs
49ers
Cards
Bengals

eaglesfan_45
10-10-2007, 07:24 PM
There is a possibility that we could draft a first round WR maybe Early Doucet. We could go with an OT as well. i think that the eagles will stick to their guns and take an OT even if WR is their biggest need.

jefepowhnzer
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
A couple things ..

Got to see a couple of offensive series for Oklahoma and tried to watch Loadholt as much as I could. It was late in the game so maybe he was tired but he seemed to be a little sluggish. However, he made up for it by absolutely dominating the DLinemen with his upper body strength. The announcers talked about him for a good 2 or 3 minutes to boot and were very impressed with him.

A few thoughts from Sunday ... I was on the road so I had to listen to the game. I was happy to hear that Reggie Brown showed up. It also sounded as if Westbrook is at or close to 100%. I don't know if McNabb wasn't looking LJ Smith's way but he didn't seem to be too involved and in fact it kind of seems as if Celek is developing into next years starter. Defensively I was concerned, as I'm sure everyone else was, with how the Dline was performing very early on. After seeing the highlights of Jones' first few rushes it looks like those plays were the product of some great vision by Jones rather than a huge deficiency with the defense. The secondary held up decently. As for ST, I guess Rocca needs to take a few more reps in practice because he absolutely boomed a kick and shanked(at least it sounded like a shank on the radio) another. If he can just straighten that out we should be in good shape. Aside from that, Washington didn't really run wild on KR's so that's a positive.

Go_Eagles77
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
I think its safe to say the season is officially over.

jonbrodo17
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
yea, i feel like they stole my money tonight, it was just awful

Go_Eagles77
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
yea, i feel like they stole my money tonight, it was just awful

The defense looked great for the first 58 minutes, but not the 2 most important minutes of the game.....

To add insult to injury all 3 other NFC East teams won....

brat316
10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
yeha how do you let them drive 97 yrds. How

jefepowhnzer
10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I didn't get to watch the game on TV but was following on nfl.com. So frustrating to see the team march into the red zone 4 times and score 1 TD. Also, the team's time management has always seemed to be questionable and I think the final offensive possession is another example. Just before the 3 minute mark McNabb threw an incomplete pass to Reggie Brown that stopped the clock. He then followed that by scrambling for a few yards but then going out of bounds. I know hindsight's 20/20 but the 40 seconds plus that those two plays would have run off would have been huge. Worst case scenario would have been the Bears at their own 20 with 1:15. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I know I'm probably just making excuses, the defense should have never allowed a 97 yard TD drive anyway, but it was something I had hoped wouldn't come back to haunt the team, and it did.

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Season over. Let Kolb start the rest of the season.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 11:22 AM
This seems to be a bit of an overeaction. Granted the Eagles playoff chances are dim, but I don't think it's time to throw in the towel and start Kolb. McNabb had a pretty good game today too, I'm really not sure why the Eagles couldn't score in the redzone, maybe they need a Marion Barber type runner, or maybe Reggie Brown should catch the ball against a 7th round rookie.

Go_Eagles77
10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
This seems to be a bit of an overeaction. Granted the Eagles playoff chances are dim, but I don't think it's time to throw in the towel and start Kolb. McNabb had a pretty good game today too, I'm really not sure why the Eagles couldn't score in the redzone, maybe they need a Marion Barber type runner, or maybe Reggie Brown should catch the ball against a 7th round rookie.

Well to be fair the only one saying we should start Kolb isn't even an eagles fan (RyanLeaf#1) and there is no chance in hell the eagles have any hope at making the playoffs playing like this, especially being last in the division with the closest team being the redskins and they're 4-2. And Reggie Brown, besides that 1 catch on the sideline yesterday, has been horrible this year. It wouldn't surprise me if he's leading the league in drops by a wide margin (I don't feel like checking)

RyanLeaf#1
10-26-2007, 01:02 PM
All is quiet in the Eagles thread... I wonder why...LOL, but just wanted to touch on the fact of why I think McStink will start for the rest of the season. Pretty much because if they bench him no teams will give up anything for him. So they want to put his little skill that he has on display.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
All is quiet in the Eagles thread... I wonder why...LOL, but just wanted to touch on the fact of why I think McStink will start for the rest of the season. Pretty much because if they bench him no teams will give up anything for him. So they want to put his little skill that he has on display.

Hey we can't all be bandwagon Colts fans

RyanLeaf#1
10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey we can't all be bandwagon Colts fans

Yup bandwagon... hmmm liked them for about 15 years now, but if you say so. You should just put the sig up now that you owe me because the Eagles arent getting to 12 wins or 11 whatever the bet was.

Sniper
10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Yup bandwagon... hmmm liked them for about 15 years now, but if you say so. You should just put the sig up now that you owe me because the Eagles arent getting to 12 wins or 11 whatever the bet was.

A) It was 11
B) Last I checked, they're still at 2-4. Until they get their sixth loss, I still have a chance. Not much, but a chance. Would I be delusional to think they're going to get 11? Probably, but that's never stopped you from saying ND is NC bound soon under Jabba, so why not.

Go_Eagles77
10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Good game today, played great all around. The weakest spot was the running game and the vikings are awesome against the run, and we already know what Westy is capable of. WRs stepped up against a pretty decent defensive backfield. Holding Peterson to 70 yards is also pretty damn good. I still don't think we are a playoff team right now, but we should take it 1 week at a time. Next week's game against Dallas is huge.

Sniper
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Good game today, played great all around. The weakest spot was the running game and the vikings are awesome against the run, and we already know what Westy is capable of. WRs stepped up against a pretty decent defensive backfield. Holding Peterson to 70 yards is also pretty damn good. I still don't think we are a playoff team right now, but we should take it 1 week at a time. Next week's game against Dallas is huge.

I still can't believe Reggie Brown had over 100 yards. Holding Peterson was huge and Sav Rocca had a great game. His punt at the end was sheer money.

bsaza2358
10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
My roommate, also an Eagles fan, and I determined that perhaps Reggie Brown had some issues with his legs that prevented him from really performing. You know, something stupid like a groin or quad or hammy tweak that kept him from exploding off the line and beating press coverage. Either a light has come on for him this year after a frustrating first few games, he has improved his technique, or he and McNabb are finally back on the same page. Either way, I'm happy with how he's doing.

Number 10
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
As bad as this sounds, I'll be rooting for you guys come Sunday. Going to be a fun game to watch, hopefully very physical. I want the Cowboys coming into New York with a 6-2 record in 2 weeks, take care of it!!

bsaza2358
10-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Well, for the Eagles, every game is now must-win. I think they recognize this, and I liked the intensity I saw on Sunday. They were playing on the road in a tough arena and came through with excellent defense and a solid offensive game. The WR's were quite encouraging, as were the TE's catching over the middle. I actually think the Eagles' first drive should have been a TD instead of a FG. That would've made the score 27-16. The team cannot leave those kinds of opportunities on the field against Dallas.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I thought Id never say it, but Im rooting for the Eagles this Sunday.

Now excuse me while I wash my mouth out with acid.

bsaza2358
10-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Come on! You almost always root for the Eagles over Dallas. All things being equal, almost everyone hates Dallas more than Philly.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Come on! You almost always root for the Eagles over Dallas. All things being equal, almost everyone hates Dallas more than Philly.

Its tough. I don't know. Recently, Ive hated Dallas more. But the past 9 years or so its been Philly.

Either way, youre right, its hard to root against Philly when they play Dallas. I don't think anyone likes the Cowboys. Especially Cowboy fans in the Northeast. Its like every jackass who cant even wipe his ass properly up here automatically roots for the Cowboys.

bsaza2358
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, when you have idiot Cowboys fans teaching their dumber kids to root against their hometown team since birth, you're going to have this problem.

I have no issue with people whose parents are from Texas/the South who grew up as Cowboys fans back in the day. My problem comes with fans, especially on the East Coast, who would turn down the chance to be a part of the passionate Giants/Eagles/Skins fanbases to root for Dallas. If your family has lived in these areas for 100 years, and you root for Dallas, you are a turncoat traitor idiot.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, when you have idiot Cowboys fans teaching their dumber kids to root against their hometown team since birth, you're going to have this problem.

I have no issue with people whose parents are from Texas/the South who grew up as Cowboys fans back in the day. My problem comes with fans, especially on the East Coast, who would turn down the chance to be a part of the passionate Giants/Eagles/Skins fanbases to root for Dallas. If your family has lived in these areas for 100 years, and you root for Dallas, you are a turncoat traitor idiot.

Exactly. Most of these cowboy fans outside of Texas are just front runners who grew up when the Cowboys were winning SBs in the 90s, and just make lame excuses as to why theyre Cowboy fans. Bandwagoners have no soul.

camp_eagles
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Matt McCoy has been released from the active roster and replaced by Akeem Jordan. Its about time, http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=14302

RyanLeaf#1
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
A) It was 11
B) Last I checked, they're still at 2-4. Until they get their sixth loss, I still have a chance. Not much, but a chance. Would I be delusional to think they're going to get 11? Probably, but that's never stopped you from saying ND is NC bound soon under Jabba, so why not.

Its sad whenever you talk about something you bring up ND. Just let it go dont be mad because ND is going to get a National Championship before Michigan.... Other then that Eagles have 0% chance of getting 11 wins.

brat316
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Matt McCoy has been released from the active roster and replaced by Akeem Jordan. Its about time, http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=14302

I liked him, i thought he could have been good if he had not gotten injured last year. Its a same more failed draft picks.

Anyone else think that we should hire an actual GM instead of Reid making the calls. I mean some players he drafted have turned out good, but i think there are more bust from him, then quality players. Not all coaches can do both, look at Mike Shannahon he is a good coach, but every year he pretty much blows the third round pick.

Sniper
10-31-2007, 10:23 AM
I liked him, i thought he could have been good if he had not gotten injured last year. Its a same more failed draft picks.

Anyone else think that we should hire an actual GM instead of Reid making the calls. I mean some players he drafted have turned out good, but i think there are more bust from him, then quality players. Not all coaches can do both, look at Mike Shannahon he is a good coach, but every year he pretty much blows the third round pick.

I hated McCoy. Sure he was fast, but he couldn't shed blocks or tackle to save his life.

jonbrodo17
10-31-2007, 02:39 PM
I think that the home crowd vs. dallas is really gonna be a factor in the game. I think the birds pull out a W

bsaza2358
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Dallas is a better and more talented team than the Eagles right now. They should win based on talent, but you can never ever discount the divisional rivalry and home field advantage.

Eaglez.Fan
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Garrett Reid receives jail term of up to 23 months (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

bsaza2358
11-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Garrett Reid receives jail term of up to 23 months (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

I think the fact that he's going to prison, and that the Reids have most of this behind them augers well. Courtroom stuff is a complete distraction.

Eaglez.Fan
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Tony on PTI said he should step down as head coach right away.

Hopefully this can rally the team for this big game.

jonbrodo17
11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
i hate when the national media talks about this situation, they have no idea what is going on and how they are destroying a family that already needs help rebuilding. Andy happens to have other kids and this is just fueling a fire that Andy and Tammy already know aout so I can't stand this nonsense

bsaza2358
11-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Well, to be fair, the two oldest sons were both heavily medicated from an early age, and they were allowed to live in the family home and sell drugs with pretty much no restrictions from the parents. I think this is a difficult situation, but some blame needs to be passed. If the same speech was given to any other family, no one would say peep.

brat316
11-02-2007, 07:42 PM
They let their kids sell drugs from their home, ahaha did they need the money that badly. Yeah thats the parents fault right there

jefepowhnzer
11-03-2007, 03:16 AM
As much as you hate to see this type of stuff in the media, and I wish the Reid family all the best, the situation is so outrageous that it's hard to ignore. It started off as a couple of privileged kids getting caught with drugs(which isn't all that surprising or uncommon) and went south pretty fast. With todays news it's almost as if the charges and allegations can't come fast enough. We all know a coaches life can be hell but there are many coaches out there who are able to take care of everything they need to. It comes down to a real bad job of parenting on on both parents part. You have to hope things have hit rock bottom when your son says one of his favorite things to do is sell drugs in the "hood". You can't get much worse than that. My thoughts and prayers are with the Reid family.

jonbrodo17
11-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I think that the kids are really screwed up, but when people say that there is no family structure they are wrong. When one of the Reids were in trouble he called his BROTHER they obviously have a close relationship and trust each other, now given that it was a bad desicion to call his brother or his brother to come, there is deffinately family structure. I have friends in the suburbs of Philadelphia that have seen all the Reids out supporting another family member (sorry, i cant go into details online) after the Janurary incident so I deffinately think that Andy cares for his kids and its a horrible situation. My prayers go out to the kids.

Go_Eagles77
11-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Why do our 2 worst games of the season have to be on Sunday Night Football?

If we have to be completely humiliated by a division rival, I guess on National Television is the way to do it.

Sniper
11-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Woulda been a hell of a game if McNabb didn't show up. 14 points were directly off of turnovers from him. Of course, it doesn't help when you don't cover T.O

bigbluedefense
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
McNabb is not playing well right now. And the WRs have regressed. LJ is clearly not healthy, did you see how slow he was on that one catch? I couldve ran faster. He's clearly hampered by his groin.

Having that said though, its the defense thats disappointing. The dline is getting manhandled, and it seems like Jimmy is affraid to blitz anymore. I was amazed at how he rarely blitzed.

The one time he comes on an overload blitz, Romo throws an INT. But i guess he was too affraid of getting beat deep to bring pressure consistently. Injuries in the secondary definately played a role in that.

But the dline has been a major disappointment. Bunkley is not living up to the billing, and your DEs get moved around rather easily in the run game. This defense is not what it used to be.

brat316
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I think its just the team in general as a whole unit that sucks right now, except West, 14 receptions thats crazy.

Sniper
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I think its just the team in general as a whole unit that sucks right now, except West, 14 receptions thats crazy.

Except they were for 90 yards, which is pathetic. I don't blame Westbrook for that though. If you're going to throw him the ball 14 times, line him up in the slot.

McNabb threw the ball 46 times last night, and that's unacceptable. Some more terrific playcalling there. Yes, I know we were down, but even when the game was close, we were chuckin' those 2 yard curls.

brat316
11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
I think we should do as the saints, like last year, put westbrook in slot, run reverse and outside runs with him.

In the back field put Buck or Hunt.

You can always aduiable to make Buck or Hunt the FB, and then bring West from the slot to the back to HB, and then run a play. Buck and Hunt would have to learn more blocking and fb, but i think it would work out.
Look at what they did with Bush last year with him as a decoy in the slot, Also we know West, can catch the ball might as well make him a slot WR/ check down type guy. You could run screens from there all day with him there since we already like doing that.

Also bring back the Three headed running back. I think Hunt takes care of Duce's job, of up the middle runs.

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 07:51 AM
The problem with Buck and Hunt in the backfield is that they're probably not acceptable options as pass blockers. Westbrook's understanding of blocking and protections is crucial to helping McNabb. Who knows how poorly McNabb would do without Westbrook helping on blitz pickup.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2007, 09:16 AM
What I see when I see the current Eagles team, is a team that lost its identity. For years, we've seen the Eagles make their money on the lines. Dominant play on the oline and dline.

That is not the case anymore. This oline has aged, and is getting beat at the point of attack. The dline cannot stand pat against the run. It just seems like this team is in a rebuilding mode now.

Once those trenches start crumbling, the Eagles have nothing else to fall back on.

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I see that the team is not getting pressure out of its blitz or front 4 alone. Kearse, Howard, Cole, and Thomas are not getting a push, and Bunkley and Patterson in the DT rotation are not eating blockers or collapsing the pocket. I think it's a matter of technique, playcalling, and mentality. Trent Cole is doing great as a pass rusher, but he needs help. Getting Dawkins back as the spiritual leader of the team will be a huge step forward.

Sniper
11-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I see that the team is not getting pressure out of its blitz or front 4 alone. Kearse, Howard, Cole, and Thomas are not getting a push, and Bunkley and Patterson in the DT rotation are not eating blockers or collapsing the pocket. I think it's a matter of technique, playcalling, and mentality. Trent Cole is doing great as a pass rusher, but he needs help. Getting Dawkins back as the spiritual leader of the team will be a huge step forward.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with Bunkley. Patterson, not so much

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
As for the OLine, I am finally starting to see the age catching up to both Thomas and Runyan. Both need to go. I think Jackson, Heremens, and Andrews are doing extremely well, but they can only do so much. McNabb tends to get more pressure off the edge than up the middle. It is unfortunate.

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I've actually been pleasantly surprised with Bunkley. Patterson, not so much

Bunkley is doing fine, but he's not collapsing the pocket by himself and commanding double teams. If he could do that, everyone else could get free.

Sniper
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Bunkley is doing fine, but he's not collapsing the pocket by himself and commanding double teams. If he could do that, everyone else could get free.

He's getting more double teams than anyone not named Trent Cole. ******* Kearse and Howard are just to big, steaming pieces of **** who need to be cut.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Why isn't Abriamiri getting any playing time?

Injuries in the 2ndary definately have slowed down this defense as well.

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure why Abriamiri isn't getting PT. I know he played in college with poor technique, and he needs to strengthen his legs, but that may not keep him off the field forever. My theory is that it's a money issue. Kearse and Howard make too much money to really keep them off the field right now... Sad but true.

Sniper
11-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Why isn't Abriamiri getting any playing time?

Injuries in the 2ndary definately have slowed down this defense as well.

I have no idea. Maybe Andy doesn't want to bruise Kearse and Howard's egos.

brat316
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
but how many rookies really start on the D side of the ball look how long it took Bunkley to play, even Gaithers only came in because of injury to McCoy.

Cole is leading the league in Sacks, last i checked with 9.

brat316
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Anyone have a link for the hit by Ramsey

Geo
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree with some of the earlier posts, Kearse seems about done really. I don't think he's even effective any more, a change is likely for the best.

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
DE's can be effective whether they get sacks or not. However, you should hear their name more when they do a good job. As best I can tell, Kearse has done better holding up against the run this season, but his pass rushing abilities continue to deteriorate.

georgiafan
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
What do you think Mcnabb's trade value is ?

bsaza2358
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Given his contract, tenure, stature, and overall mental and physical skills, he's probably worth a first rounder to some teams. If you run a WCO, he's easily worth a first and more.

RyanLeaf#1
11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
For all you Bird fans Sean Considine is out for the season.

Sniper
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
For all you Bird fans Sean Considine is out for the season.

Good, I hope he ******* gets cut too for excessive shittiness. How you get toasted by a third string TE, I'll never know.

brat316
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
will Paschal get any playing time or make an impact

Go_Eagles77
11-11-2007, 11:41 PM
That was probably the best-case scenario for both NFC East games, because lets face the facts we're not gonna win the division, so we're really playing for a wild-card spot. So we really need the Redskins and Giants to lose.

Westbrook is a beast, easily the most valuable player on the team.

brat316
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Westbrook OMG, change your sig on the bottom, to the redskins one

Go_Eagles77
11-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow this thread is dead....

brat316
11-17-2007, 12:17 AM
well yeah, so how come most people in their mock drafts have the eagles taking LBs inside and Outside.

I still think Safety and OT is a bigger need, even WR.

Sniper
11-17-2007, 08:30 AM
well yeah, so how come most people in their mock drafts have the eagles taking LBs inside and Outside.

I still think Safety and OT is a bigger need, even WR.

Put it this way...The Eagles have a ton of pressing needs. Spikes has been okay this year, nothing great, and he's getting up there in age. We could grab either a MLB or OLB because of Gaither's versatility.

Safety is a very, very big need but there's really only one safety (Kenny Phillips) that's worthy of the first round unless we count Malcolm Jenkins as a safety. So we'd probably have to address it after round 1.

OL is a bit tricky to figure out. Shawn Andrews has the versatility to play anywhere on the line, so he could possibly become a tackle assuming Thomas and Runyan are both gone. Jean-Gilles hasn't gotten a shot, and I think he could do exceptionally well. I could see a line like this... The line next year could conceivably look like this...

LT- Shawn Andrews
LG- Todd Herremans
C- Jamaal Jackson
RG- Max Jean-Gilles
RT- Winston Justice

Do you guys think Andrews could play LT? I certainly do, but I also believe Andrews is a God, so I'm not sure how biased I am ;) Justice can be a very good RT (where he played at USC), and Jean-Gilles is a guard, so I just put Andrews at LT.

Wide receivers is a whole other beast. Curtis has a huge contract, so he's not going anywhere. Brown has been playing much better of late and caught his first TD of the season, and it usually takes wideouts three or four years before they really blossom unless they're absolutely exceptional. I love Jason Avant as a slot guy, because he runs great routes and has exceptional hands, but McNabb doesn't throw to him too often. Baskett's been very meh, and I feel he's regressed from last year. I'd like to see more fades and such to him in the red zone.

I don't know what kind of value there will be at the WR position. I'm not as big a DeSean Jackson guy as I used to be. He's very frail and gets shut down too easily. He'd be an asset in the return game, for sure, but I don't want to be the Dolphins and draft a return man in the first round. Early Doucet intrigues me, but his YPC are pretty low (11.2) and he's been injured a lot this year, and still hasn't recored a 100 yard game. My biased pick for the WR position would be a guy that would be great in the offense, and that's Mario Manningham. An amazing deep threat (17.1 ypc), a TD machine (11 this year, 9 last year while missing 4 games) and 4.38 speed, Mario would be the burner we need. He runs average routes, however, and gets a case of alligator arms/dropsies at times, but that can be fixed. He's also got outstanding body control and is probably the best deep ball wideout in college. Problem is, the Eagles don't do first round wideouts.

Go_Eagles77
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not crazy about Andrews at LT, personally I'd rather draft a LT like Sam Baker and have it

LT- Baker (or other draft pick)
LG - Herremans
C- Jackson
RG - Andrews
RT - Justice (1 bad game does not = a bad career, and if he does turn out to be a bust maybe Jean-Gilles could be the LG and Herremans could move to RT)

camp_eagles
11-18-2007, 10:05 AM
how about:
LT - Herremans
LG - Jean Gilles
C - Jackson
RG - Andrews
RT - Justice

don't quote me but didn't Herremans fill in at LT in his rookie year when Thomas got hurt. So he should be able to move back and Max shouldn't have to much of a problem switching to LG.

brat316
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeha I started watching the game a little late, whys Nabb not in, did he get injured.

Go_Eagles77
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
McNabb has a sprained ankle.

Of course Westy carried our offense again, congrats to him for getting career highs in attempts and yards. I was also excited about the goal line stand.

Eaglez.Fan
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Even though I'm a firm believer in great o-line's make great offenses but we need a playmaker. We need Desean Jackson for both ST and on offense. He is a better KR and PR than Ted Ginn but he is a much more polished reciever. He could be McNabb/Kolb #1 target possibly even in his 1st couple years.

bsaza2358
11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure that the Eagles will necessarily go that route. Jackson is a talent, but I can't say for sure that he will be the pick.

I've been saying for months that they have to go OT in Round 1 because Thomas and Runyan are aging rapidly.

brat316
11-19-2007, 07:51 PM
OT in second round, I definetly think they need a game changer/breaker you have that with Westbrooke but we never use him like Reggie Bush.

Sniper
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
OT in second round, I definetly think they need a game changer/breaker you have that with Westbrooke but we never use him like Reggie Bush.

What are you talking about??????

Brian Westbrook Rushing: 178 carries, 849 yards, 4.8 ypc, 5 TD
On Pace for: 285 carries, 1358 yards, 4.8 ypc, 8 TD
Brian Westbrook Receiving: 55 receptions, 518 yards, 9.4 ypc, 4 TD
On Pace for: 88 receptions, 829 yards, 9.4 ypc, 6 TD

Reggie Bush Rushing: 135 carries, 485 yards, 3.6 ypc, 4 TD
On Pace for: 216 carries, 776 yards, 3.6 ypc, 6 TD
Reggie Bush Receiving: 67 receptions, 374 yards, 5.6 ypc, 2 TD
On Pace for: 107 receptions, 598 yards, 5.6 ypc, 3 TD

Westbrook is on pace for nearly 2,200 yards and 14 TD.
Bush is on pace for nearly 1,400 yards and 9 TD

Why would we want to use him like Bush when we get more production not doing that?

brat316
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
no not like this year, like last year when Bush and Mcalister lined up together. Bush, and West both aren't going to be able to run it up the middle, but to the outside, they alway get a nice chunk of yardage. Also this proves that we need some WR with really good hands, possession or speed, if Westbrooke is leading our WR in catches.

Or if he does want to lead in catches fine, but then lets put him in slot and use on motion and outside plays and get a running back that mostly just run the ball really well. Westbrooke is still nasty on the screens, but move him around more.

Sniper
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
no not like this year, like last year when Bush and Mcalister lined up together. Bush, and West both aren't going to be able to run it up the middle, but to the outside, they alway get a nice chunk of yardage. Also this proves that we need some WR with really good hands, possession or speed, if Westbrooke is leading our WR in catches.

Or if he does want to lead in catches fine, but then lets put him in slot and use on motion and outside plays and get a running back that mostly just run the ball really well. Westbrooke is still nasty on the screens, but move him around more.

Why? He's averaging nearly 5 ypcarry and 10 ypcatch. Westbrook does a fine job of running up the middle.

brat316
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Why? He's averaging nearly 5 ypcarry and 10 ypcatch. Westbrook does a fine job of running up the middle.

Idk i guess its just because I like the brusing Rb, the pound it up the middle.

And when did u decide to become such a great OSU fan, is it better than sex

Sniper
11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Idk i guess its just because I like the brusing Rb, the pound it up the middle.

And when did u decide to become such a great OSU fan, is it better than sex

I'm all for running the ball more, but that ain't happening.

I lost a bet.

bsaza2358
11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
So the Eagles are 22 point underdogs @ New England with McNabb dinged up. Thoughts?

Sniper
11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
So the Eagles are 22 point underdogs @ New England with McNabb dinged up. Thoughts?

I may bet on the Pats.....They're not going to forget some of the comments made about how the Eagles would have won the SB if it weren't for the tapes. I don't know if there's a line I wouldn't bet on the Pats

bsaza2358
11-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't think the comments about the tapes means that much to anyone. The Pats are a better team at probably every facet right now. Wes Welker is going to destroy us. Mark it. He will be the catalyst.

Sniper
11-20-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't think the comments about the tapes means that much to anyone. The Pats are a better team at probably every facet right now. Wes Welker is going to destroy us. Mark it. He will be the catalyst.

Randy Moss will destroy us, Wes Welker will destroy us, Donte Stallworth will destroy us etc....Who's gonna cover them? Brown on Moss? Lito on Stallworth, and OH **** James on Welker????????? I'm definitely starting Welker this week....

brat316
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah, that D is going to get destroyed, hope Hobb doesn't return one. I say the score is going to be 45-13. With McNabb out, Eagles put up points, but the D gets dominated.

bsaza2358
11-20-2007, 11:13 AM
The Pats are going to put up at least 42 points. The Eagles do not match up well with them at all. In fact, no team matches up well with the Pats. They are too good at every phase on offense.

camp_eagles
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM

if the Eagles cover i consider it a win. Westbrook will have a huge game receiving if he can get matched up with some of those old linebackers

bsaza2358
11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't think Westbrook will have any success. The Pats will force the Eagles offense to win without the running game and without Westbrook breaking big gains. It will be up to Reggie Brown, Curtis, and LJ Smith to win this game in single coverage.

brat316
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah with Westbrooke be the only real offensive weapon, I think Pats will just play him mostly. Curtis is the next one, and Samuels probably will have him on lock down. If the eagles hold on to the ball for a majority of the time, like the Colts, then it could be low scoring games, but i doubt that happens.

jefepowhnzer
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
if the Eagles cover i consider it a win.

Agreed. It's pretty rough to know what's going to happen the week before a game. I'm seriously considering not watching because I already know what's going to happen and I don't want to get all worked up over it. I would be really happy to see the Eagles apply some good pressure to, and maybe even hit or sack, Brady. Not because I don't like him, but because I want to see if anyone can get through their line.

To me it's also a pretty inconvenient time to be paying the Pats(not that any time would be convenient though). With the team back at .500 I started to entertain some outside playoff hopes, but the Pats will assuredly deal the team their 6th loss. Unfortunately this just about wraps up any playoff hopes being that the Giants and Cowboys games still loom.

bsaza2358
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I always watch the games, but I am not looking forward to this game at all.

Go_Eagles77
11-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Over or under on how many times the patriots will punt - 0.5

Sniper
11-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Over or under on how many times the patriots will punt - 0.5

Under for sure...

bsaza2358
11-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll absolutely take the over. I'd take the over on 1.5...

Bills2083
11-24-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8046b9a1&template=with-video&confirm=true

McNabb out for the game

Go_Eagles77
11-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm actually glad he's not playing, that means more Westbrook.

brat316
11-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Thats kind of good, with less Nabb less turnovers, but against the Pats who knows. Bad because the Pats know they are good enough to go one-on-one with the Wr, and can play Westbrooke with double coverage, and game plan on him more. Kind of like what we did to AD.

If we control the ball like the Colts, and keep the ball majority of the time, we might be able to keep the score low, but I doubt that. Since they can score pretty quickly, in pretty much 1 play.

I hope ST shows up, I don't want Welker to return one, like Ginn.

jefepowhnzer
11-25-2007, 11:02 PM
So I said earlier in the week that I may not watch the game. Well I did, just couldn't tear myself from the TV, even after the returned INT early. I think I might have been better served not to watch because I wouldn't be so heart broken.

Besides the first and second INT's AJ looked awesome. When he had time he absolutely dissected the Pats D and when he didn't he still made a good play(like when he managed to complete the TD to Reggie Brown while being sandwiched). The receivers made some nice catches to help him out as well. I thought they ran the ball pretty decently and Westbrook ended up being more of a factor than I thought he would be. I couldn't really get a feel for the run D. They stuffed the Pats most of the time but there were a few plays where they got gouged a little. Coverage was pretty good I would say. Late in the game I thought Welker started crossing up Hanson pretty good but that's about my only complaint, and Gaither was impressive in coverage.

If the team that showed up tonight were the same team that started the season this could have possibly been a showdown of the undefeateds.

Above all though, at least in my opinion, this game means much more than another notch in the loss column. The entire game I sat and wondered if McNabb could have made the throws AJ was making. I wondered how many times McNabb would have thrown the ball into the ground as the pocket collapsed while Feeley always seemed to find the open man. I hate to say it, but up until now I had been in complete favor of allowing McNabb to either solidify his position or play his way out. But now I would be surprised and a little upset if he were given back his starter status. Maybe Feeley just caught lightning in a bottle, but I think his history with the Eagles would say otherwise. Either way, there is controversy brewing. If you still absolutely, 100% think that McNabb should be the starter you've got your head in the sand.

Go_Eagles77
11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
I think I would be in a better mood right now if the eagles would have been blown out, the fact we were still in it late in the game and lost is a tough one to swallow, but still the fact that it was so close may just be giving me a false-sense of thinking the eagles are still in the playoff hunt, and they're 5-6...

brat316
11-26-2007, 09:56 AM
at least they didn't get spanked, and now we know Nabb is the problem

bsaza2358
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
You know what's the problem? The coaching staff for playcalling and game planning differently based on who the QB is. They have been putting too much on a McNabb who is coming off injury. He can't do what he used to, and they're not putting the ball where it should be. If they playcalled last night the same exact way with a healthy McNabb, I bet the Eagles would win. It is a coaching/game management issue. McNabb is not really the problem.

Sniper
11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
You know what's the problem? The coaching staff for playcalling and game planning differently based on who the QB is. They have been putting too much on a McNabb who is coming off injury. He can't do what he used to, and they're not putting the ball where it should be. If they playcalled last night the same exact way with a healthy McNabb, I bet the Eagles would win. It is a coaching/game management issue. McNabb is not really the problem.

He still holds on to the ball too damn long. Key example: Last night's TD to Reggie Brown. Feeley gunned that ***** into a small window without hesitating. McNabb could make that throw, but he wouldn't out of fear of it being picked off. They still should not have gone deep on the second pick. JUST RUN THE BALL!

bsaza2358
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
McNabb is quite capable of being decisive and throwing it quickly. In fact, he's a better QB when he goes with his gut and just throws the ball (see: Detroit this year). Donovan obviously has some mental block with the injury recovery, and he also had some chemistry issues with his receivers. The playcalling and protection schemes combined are not sufficient to put DMac in a position to win. If the Eagles had been playcalling like they did last night all year, they would have been in a better situation overall.

jefepowhnzer
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree with you 100%. However, I think that the injury is affecting his decision making and creating inconsistency that is going to be tough for him to get over. I guess it's a "time will tell" type of situation, and whether it's fair or not I don't think McNabb has much time to prove himself.

jonbrodo17
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I think the main problem comes down to McNabb just not fitting into the offense, we all know some of the throws Garcia and Feeley made McNabb couldn't. It also comes down to the playcalling as well, you need to stay consistent as someone else already said, but this will be a very interesting week of who's gonna QB and why.

bsaza2358
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
McNabb can easily make those throws. He can also do things that most other QB's cannot. Right now, he is transitioning from a guy who can move amazingly well to an even more pocket-oriented passer. Because of his history, McNabb became comfortable holding the ball to let receivers get open. He cannot do this anymore because he is not as fast or strong due to the injury. It is an adjustment. Andy Reid and the coaching staff have not gotten through to him to change his game. It is a combination of poor adjustment, poor coaching, poor play calling, etc. McNabb probably has to go, but I guarantee he will be crushing the league again next season for another team.

brat316
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
How about Eagles asking for 3 1st round picks. Maybe a first and 3rd this year, and then next year a first or second.

bsaza2358
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
The Eagles will be lucky if they can get a team to give up a 2nd rounder right now. McNabb's cap number for 2008 is unpalatable. It was built into the extension to force a re-negotiation for more guaranteed money, etc. The team that takes on McNabb in trade would have to renegotiate the contract. I don't see many teams lining up to give a high dollar long term deal to a QB who hasn't finished 3 of the last 6 seasons and is still recovering from an ACL injury at age 31. Likelihood is that McNabb will go to Minnesota or Chicago. Dark horses for his services include Atlanta and KC. It is also possible he returns to Philly, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

bsaza2358
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
That being said, I am going to tell all of you now that McNabb will be missed. He is the best QB in franchise history. Save Manning and Brady, he is one of the best QB's of his era. He is a winner and a great leader, and he carried himself well in one of the toughest fan/media environments in sports. Sure, he never got us a Lombardi Trophy, but McNabb gave the franchise credibility.

brat316
11-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Nabb did good, his window just closed, he had it open for those 4 years, and got over the hump once, but couldn't pull out the win.

He is the best in eagles history.

bsaza2358
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
His window isn't really closed. It's probably for the best if he went elsewhere. I feel like the fans in Philly don't appreciate him, which is unfortunate. You could argue that he is the most important player since Reggie White went to Green Bay as a FA.

RyanLeaf#1
11-29-2007, 12:12 PM
The Eagles will be lucky if they can get a team to give up a 2nd rounder right now. McNabb's cap number for 2008 is unpalatable. It was built into the extension to force a re-negotiation for more guaranteed money, etc. The team that takes on McNabb in trade would have to renegotiate the contract. I don't see many teams lining up to give a high dollar long term deal to a QB who hasn't finished 3 of the last 6 seasons and is still recovering from an ACL injury at age 31. Likelihood is that McNabb will go to Minnesota or Chicago. Dark horses for his services include Atlanta and KC. It is also possible he returns to Philly, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

I think the Eagles would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for McNabb.

jonbrodo17
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I am not a big McNabb fan, but i'll give him this, the management never really went full out for him and the one time they kind of did (Terrell Owens) they got to the super bowl, so its just sad that he didn't have the talent here (besides westbrook) that he really deserved

Go_Eagles77
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Today's loss sucked. I hate to see a guy like Brian Westbrook show so much heart like with the punt return and just the rest of his game overall, and then see AJ Feeley make such a stupid throw to end the game, it made me feel pretty sick.

brat316
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't know what is worse feeley giving us hope and taking it away, or watching McNabb, and know he is probably going to lose the game

Also why does Feeley thing he has a rocket arm like Farve, sure he has a good one, but he can't squeeze it in between 2 defenders

Go_Eagles77
12-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah he throws into double coverage way too much, but ironically he only threw interceptions to guys 5 yards in front of him today. hmmm lol

camp_eagles
12-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure why Feeley love to throw to Greg Lewis when he is in great double team?

brat316
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Feeley wants to have that sweet throw into double coverage over the sholder, right into the WR hands thing. But its probably not going to happen

jefepowhnzer
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Today's loss sucked. I hate to see a guy like Brian Westbrook show so much heart like with the punt return and just the rest of his game overall, and then see AJ Feeley make such a stupid throw to end the game, it made me feel pretty sick.

Same here. There are numerous times he has put this team on his back only for other players to drop the ball (literally and figuratively). The patience and understanding that he has shown in regards to his teammates is pretty commendable.

Like everyone else I'm not sure what Feeley was seeing on Sunday. The only thing I can come up with is a case of overconfidence in his ability to complete passes inside very small windows. On a lot of his attempts he seemed to stare down his intended target instead of panning the field for the open man, and then forcing those small percentage passes.

I'm kind of anxious to see how the staff handles McNabb against the Giants, whether they continue to call the plays they did for Feeley or if they go back to beginning of the season play calling.

RyanLeaf#1
12-07-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL all is quiet in the Eagles thread.

Sniper
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM
LOL all is quiet in the Eagles thread.

Dude, we get it. You hate the Eagles. No need to consistently troll in here.

RyanLeaf#1
12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Dude, we get it. You hate the Eagles. No need to consistently troll in here.

I guess when your done with the Ohio State sig you can put my sig up since the Eagles will not have 10 wins this season.

RyanLeaf#1
12-10-2007, 10:26 AM
The Eagles should really just play Kolb the rest of the season, but they wont because they have to shop around McNabb in the off season.

bsaza2358
12-10-2007, 01:36 PM
As a point of fairness: Ryan isn't spamming or flaming this board. He has a great deal of knowledge about the Eagles, but he is not a fan. He is free to express his opinions in a clean and succinct manner. I don't agree with him in many cases, but I think his contributions are good for the Eagles board.

RyanLeaf#1
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I wonder who the eagles would pick up in the FA, for Nabb they probably get a 2nd and 3rd for next year and a player maybe

They will be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th, and no player. Thats why he will probably end up staying in Philadelphia. No one is going to give you a 2nd round pick for McNabb. If I were the Eagles I would let Kolb start the rest of the games. If he looks good then you can have McNabb and Kolb going after the starting job next year. I dont know if McNabb would like to be a backup, but he has shown nothing this year to prove that he is going to bring the Eagles franchise anywhere. Get Kolbs feet wet even if they have a 6-10 season next year, and get a good pick. Then the following year when Kolb has a year under him is the year you can really grade him. If I were the Eagles I would really try to draft Desean Jackson. He could fill the spot for PR and KR and really be a threat at the WR position.

bsaza2358
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Guys, let's keep the offseason chat in the offseason thread:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14573

Thanks!

jefepowhnzer
12-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I didn't get to see Sundays game, can anyone tell me how well, or poorly, the defense was able to pressure Eli?

bsaza2358
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
They got some pressure, but nothing up the middle in his face. Edge rush was very poor.

jefepowhnzer
12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Hopefully they can reverse that trend against the Cowboys. I would love nothing more than seeing Romo take a couple shots early and being forced to throw some bad passes, like last year. I'll be watching the game with at least 4 of my closest Cowboy friends - who happen to be my dad, my bro, my best friend and my gf's uncle.

IMO, it's imperative they get above average pressure on Romo, otherwise they don't stand a chance.

eaglesfan_45
12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
They got some pressure, but nothing up the middle in his face. Edge rush was very poor.

wait so if they got nothing up the middle and the edge rush was poor how did they get any pressure then?

bsaza2358
12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
There was some edge pressure that forced Eli to step up in the pocket. Unfortunately, there was nothing up the middle to hit him regularly.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Here is my Giants-Eagles game breakdown. Take a look and tell me what you think. I posted it in our giants section as well too!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=261907

eaglesfan_45
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Here is my Giants-Eagles game breakdown. Take a look and tell me what you think. I posted it in our giants section as well too!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=261907

do have a job related to the Giants? or do you just have too much free time?
that was impressive yet at the same time embarasing for you i don't know what to think of that

NY+Giants=NYG
12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
do have a job related to the Giants? or do you just have too much free time?
that was impressive yet at the same time embarasing for you i don't know what to think of that

I coach D3 ball, so free time for now. Also, applying to see if I can get into other programs. But even if I am wasn't associated with the game it's not a bad thing to do.

jefepowhnzer
12-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I coach D3 ball, so free time for now. Also, applying to see if I can get into other programs. But even if I am wasn't associated with the game it's not a bad thing to do.

NIce work man

Go_Eagles77
12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=D9FDFE81-DBC5-5BB2-C4112435161DBBE6

Listen to this press conference at 11:25, basically Wade Phillips says all smugly he doesn't think the eagles are a good football team, to which the whole room erupts into laughter, it may be true, but its pretty classless if you ask me. I hope the eagles slap that stupid-ass grin off his face tomorrow.

pocketaces
12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=D9FDFE81-DBC5-5BB2-C4112435161DBBE6

Listen to this press conference at 11:25, basically Wade Phillips says all smugly he doesn't think the eagles are a good football team, to which the whole room erupts into laughter, it may be true, but its pretty classless if you ask me. I hope the eagles slap that stupid-ass grin off his face tomorrow.

Well you are 5-8 sooo... Speaking of classless how about some of the Buddy Ryan classics?

Go_Eagles77
12-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Well you are 5-8 sooo... Speaking of classless how about some of the Buddy Ryan classics?

If Phillips is so smart, than why does he say that Detroit was a pretty good football team than insult the eagles after the eagles beat the lions 56-21 this season. And who the F cares about Buddy Ryan? That was 10+ years ago, I'm talking about this week. Right now Andy Reid would never say anything negative about an opponent. I guess you can't expect much from a guy who's dad's name is Bum.

cunningham06
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
If Phillips is so smart, than why does he say that Detroit was a pretty good football team than insult the eagles after the eagles beat the lions 56-21 this season. And who the F cares about Buddy Ryan? That was 10+ years ago, I'm talking about this week. Right now Andy Reid would never say anything negative about an opponent. I guess you can't expect much from a guy who's dad's name is Bum.

Hey that is out of line, never call out the Bum. Bum Phillips is a legend down here in Houston. Wade's comments are unnecessary and will be pretty embarassing if we can pull the upset.

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Hey that is out of line, never call out the Bum. Bum Phillips is a legend down here in Houston. Wade's comments are unnecessary and will be pretty embarassing if we can pull the upset.

Sorry you're right I have nothing against Bum, but any way where have you been? It seems like you haven't posted here in months. You used to be one of the most active eagles fans on here.

cunningham06
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry you're right I have nothing against Bum, but any way where have you been? It seems like you haven't posted here in months. You used to be one of the most active eagles fans on here.

I've just been busy it's my senior year so college app's that kind of stuff. I just stopped getting on, but I'll be on more frequently now.

God Mikell is such an idiot!

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I've just been busy it's my senior year so college app's that kind of stuff. I just stopped getting on, but I'll be on more frequently now.

God Mikell is such an idiot!

Cool. Anyway I'm proud of the defense so far (except for the Mikell play of course) and it would be great if we can hold on for the win. I don't know if Westbrook is 100% though and if he was I think we would be in a much better position right now.

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Wade Phillips isn't laughing now.... :D

cunningham06
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Haha suck it Wade.

Our defense looked damn good, if we can just get our offense to get on their level. No Andrews hurt us but MJG wasn't too bad. Mikell needs to want to hit people. Like when JR Reed started against the Pats he demolished people. I want to see more of a mean streak from Mikell. Sheldon needs to look for the ball instead of just put his hands up. Westbrook is awesome sliding instead of taking the td was very selfless of him. However he may have screwed my fantasy team. :(
Awesome win though, the team looked great on defense.
-My thoughts and comments on the game.

RyanLeaf#1
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
BTW I picked the Eagles in the NFLDC pickem contest. Had a funny feeling they were gonna win yesterday.

bsaza2358
12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Well done. I parlayed the Browns and the Eagles yesterday for a nice payout.

sirsmokealot28
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
the defense looked good but credit mcnabb with playing an awesome game....picked up several key 3rd down conversions and put the team in position to win....mcnabb led the eagles to the red zone on 9 separate occasions and yielded just 10 points....this is obviously b/c of the lack of playmakers available to mcnabb, b/c as everyone knows it is your playmakers you rely on in the red zone(although he did find perrenial pro bowler reggie brown for a touchdown)....it is clear westbrook can't make every play but he is evidently the only playmaker available to mcnabb and it kills me that the coaching staff waits til too late in the season to start playcalling accordingly. i just hope the front office isn't as dumb as the fans who think replacing mcnabb and reid would be a good idea.....that'd be like the patriots replacing belicheck and brady the year after their first superbowl, when they went 8-8. the eagles have had 10 years of success under these 2 guys....remember just a few years ago when the packers were a horrible team, and a guy with over 10 years success with his team at the time, brett favre had more interceptions than td's as fans called for his retirement....luckily the front office wasn't so hasty as the favre led packers sit atop their division with a 12-2 record. it should be noted that mcnabb has never thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns, and fans are calling for his replacement....he put his team in position to win almost every week....in the bears game the defense lost it for us at the end altho the playcall was suspect running prevent and a less than agressive style in the last minute....packers, and redskins game, and the latest giants games, all games that mcnabb played well and put us in position to win, and something outside his power lost us the game. throw in the mix the 2 games he sat out, and split the guilt 50/50 with aj feely for losing both those games BY HIMSELF...altho he wouldn't have had the chance had mcnabb not been hurt......keep mcnabb, get a young guy to work under him for 3 to 4 years....and inheriantly you won't sacrifice a season or 2 of winning football games, for the quarterback position. replace him now, and go 6-10 for the next 2 years, while westbrook gets slower, and older, the defense falls apart, and the wide receivers get worse(haha like its possible).

CW99
12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Well Takeo is out possible IR so who takes over for him?

eaglesfan_45
12-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Well Takeo is out possible IR so who takes over for him?

The Rook shawn Bradley

Go_Eagles77
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
The Rook shawn Bradley

You mean Stewart Bradley right? And I really don't like him as a WLB, so my guess is it'll be Akeem Jordan.

eaglesfan_45
12-20-2007, 07:58 PM
You mean Stewart Bradley right? And I really don't like him as a WLB, so my guess is it'll be Akeem Jordan.

yup stewart not shawn my bad

cunningham06
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM

No. We mean this guy:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/03/09/ten.spot/p1_bradleyflex_getty.jpg

bsaza2358
12-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Akeem Jordan is the starting WILL, and they expect Bradley to take over the nickel/dime snaps and to get even more PT. They are in pretty full evaluation mode.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Akeem Jordan is the starting WILL, and they expect Bradley to take over the nickel/dime snaps and to get even more PT. They are in pretty full evaluation mode.

Is Kolb playing?

bsaza2358
12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Doubtful. I don't think he's at all ready to take on an NFL defense or to deal with the scrutiny of the media.

cunningham06
12-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't want Kolb starting for another 2 seasons. I want him to take the Tony Romo route and not mess with his head by throwing him out there too early.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't want Kolb starting for another 2 seasons. I want him to take the Tony Romo route and not mess with his head by throwing him out there too early.

Three years of pine riding? That's quite a bit.....I'm a believer of the baptism by fire approach. I mean, it's already been almost a full season. He should be good by next year.

bsaza2358
12-21-2007, 10:40 AM
The Jets took this approach with Chad Pennington, and that worked out pretty well, no?

Sniper
12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
The Jets took this approach with Chad Pennington, and that worked out pretty well, no?

Which one? Wait a year? The Bengals used it with Carson Palmer, look how that worked out

bsaza2358
12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
The Jets sat Pennington for 2 years before he got any PT. The only reason he played then was because Testeverde got hurt. Pennington ended up as a pretty good option for 5 years or so...

Eaglez.Fan
12-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I'd rather him start also and take the Pennington route of sitting for 2 years like you said. And for Pennington it was very successful even though he isn't starting now it's not because he can't handle an NFL defense morethan he can't throw a deep pass.

It looks like we'll be ending up with a 10-14 range in the draft. Who do you guys want?

I'm hoping for Desean Jackson or maybe a safety like Kenny Philips or Nic Harris (juniors)

bsaza2358
12-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I'd be fine with Phillips, but I think the Eagles are looking at an OLineman. They could also surprise with a DE. I doubt Jackson comes to Philly in the first round.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 01:56 PM
I'd rather him start also and take the Pennington route of sitting for 2 years like you said. And for Pennington it was very successful even though he isn't starting now it's not because he can't handle an NFL defense morethan he can't throw a deep pass.

It looks like we'll be ending up with a 10-14 range in the draft. Who do you guys want?

I'm hoping for Desean Jackson or maybe a safety like Kenny Philips or Nic Harris (juniors)

I will be very disappointed if we draft DeSean Jackson. Overrated receiver, basically just a return man

Eaglez.Fan
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I've seen play a couple of times. He is an impact player at WR for sure. He's alot more polished than Ted Ginn. And during the end of this year he didn't do to bad on the NFL level.

As for o-linemen, it's always a possibility with Reid but the Eagles need to get better in the "skill" positions IMO. Just looking at the forum mock of what if would look like if Sniper was the GM and we definatley need more weapons on offense.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I've seen play a couple of times. He is an impact player at WR for sure. He's alot more polished than Ted Ginn. And during the end of this year he didn't do to bad on the NFL level.

As for o-linemen, it's always a possibility with Reid but the Eagles need to get better in the "skill" positions IMO. Just looking at the forum mock of what if would look like if Sniper was the GM and we definatley need more weapons on offense.

A) DeSean Jackson had two 100 yard games. He's been shut down way too many times for my liking.
B) In the forum mock, I tended to go with the best value.

12-21-2007, 03:24 PM
A) DeSean Jackson had two 100 yard games. He's been shut down way too many times for my liking.
B) In the forum mock, I tended to go with the best value.

Most accurate comparison is Santana Moss..I like Desean but is he worth a first? Im not so sure. Its not always about the best athletes but the best football players.

machoking6
12-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Most accurate comparison is Santana Moss..I like Desean but is he worth a first? Im not so sure. Its not always about the best athletes but the best football players.

Santana Moss is damn good when he's healthy. In his first 16 game season (starting 12 games), Moss had 74 receptions for 1,105 yards and 10 TDs. In his second 16 game season (starting all 16), Moss had 84 receptions for 1,483 yards and 9 TDs. A Santana Moss comparison is a good one.

DeSean Jackson wouldn't be asked to come in and be the #1 or #2 guy. The Eagles have Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown for that. Jackson would provide Andy Reid with a weapon on offense. Reid could line go 3, 4, or 5 wide with Jackson out there. God help the opposing team if Jackson gets single coverage. Jackson could even line up in a Split Backs with Westbrook for some variety (doubtful, but you never know). Jackson would also be KR/PR, which is something the Eagles desperately need. The Eagles would be lucky to have someone like Jackson fall into their laps.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 04:28 PM
DeSean Jackson wouldn't be asked to come in and be the #1 or #2 guy. The Eagles have Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown for that. Jackson would provide Andy Reid with a weapon on offense. Reid could line go 3, 4, or 5 wide with Jackson out there. God help the opposing team if Jackson gets single coverage. Jackson could even line up in a Split Backs with Westbrook for some variety (doubtful, but you never know). Jackson would also be KR/PR, which is something the Eagles desperately need. The Eagles would be lucky to have someone like Jackson fall into their laps.

I still don't believe in drafting a returner in the first round. Jackson isn't that good of a receiver that he's a need at 14. His deep speed is terrific, but he's gotten worse as a receiver and most importantly his YPC has gone down from a deep threat's level to a possession receiver's.

camp_eagles
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Bradley played great today coming up huge on the goal line stand and with the game ending interception. Is there any way he could start opening day next year?

DLionALL
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Bradley played great today coming up huge on the goal line stand and with the game ending interception. Is there any way he could start opening day next year?

I hope so, i'm really starting to like him. Played very well today, not sure how he'll get a starting job but I hope he does.

brat316
12-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Bradley was amazing, hopefully this puts a damper on those people who want to the eagles to draft lbs.

camp_eagles
12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Well he probably wont start but he will see time in nickel situations when Gocong goes to play DE

RyanLeaf#1
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
My older brother is a huge Eagles fan so I got him this autographed picture in a frame. Its awesome Chuck Bednarik and Frank Gifford.

http://www.billhance.com/football/schedules/images/bednarik.jpg

Eagles own the NFC East
12-25-2007, 07:47 PM
do you guys think McNabb will be back? IMO he will be for one more season becauise he has one year left on his contract? I joined in on this discussion late.. what do you think we are going to address in the off season? Anyone know who some of the big time free agents are this off season around the nfl?

diabsoule
12-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for killing our chance at the playoffs, guys. But you guys were the better team and kicked our ass on both sides of the ball.

bsaza2358
12-26-2007, 08:51 AM
My older brother is a huge Eagles fan so I got him this autographed picture in a frame. Its awesome Chuck Bednarik and Frank Gifford.

http://www.billhance.com/football/schedules/images/bednarik.jpg

That is one badass picture. Awesome gift.

Smokey Joe
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I am having this discussion with someone about how much McNabb would cost in a trade... how much do you guys think you can get in a trade for McNabb?

bsaza2358
12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I would say probably a third rounder is probably the maximum of what teams would offer the Eagles in an open market. I believe the Eagles would want at least a 2008 first rounder, though. If they really want to dump him, they might settle for a 2008 second rounder and extra.

RyanLeaf#1
12-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I am having this discussion with someone about how much McNabb would cost in a trade... how much do you guys think you can get in a trade for McNabb?

I agree with Bsaza I think a 3rd rounder is the best they will get.

bsaza2358
12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
With McNabb's contract and injury concerns, most teams will try to lowball. If you know you're getting a 100% McNabb, his cost goes up. However, given the uncertainties and the financials, there's no reason for a team to offer "fair value".

camp_eagles
12-26-2007, 03:51 PM
If he has another good game this week i could see that easily rise to a second round pick and a little more. Besides by next year he should be 100% I think the eagles should keep him and if he continues to struggle then dump him I also dont think that Kolb will be ready to start next year.

bsaza2358
12-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure you're thinking rationally here. McNabb has injury issues, has a pretty big contract (that will need to be renegotiated by his new team), and he's also 31. What team is going to invest more than a third round pick for McNabb for all that money and with those questions. I think he's worth more than a third, but I don't think the Eagles would get more.

CW99
12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
I tell you who
Baltimore
Minnesota
Buffalo
Kansas City
Chicago
NY Jets
Falcons
Panthers(maybe)

the supply for QB is Short but the demand is high and with everyone wanting to win now a QB with accolades such as McNabbs should go fast. What did The dolphins give up for Trent? People want to win and when youhave a gem like McNabb thats available in a slow market then his price automaticly increase.

bsaza2358
12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
First of all, I think Minnesota, Buffalo, and the Jets won't be bidding for McNabb. Baltimore, KC, Chicago, Atlanta, and Carolina are more likely.

Secondly I don't see these teams going out of their way to bid with a second rounder or more. Just because the Dolphins made a bad deal, it doesn't mean that these other teams will. If there is a bidding war, maybe. Regardless, I'm not certain that the Eagles would make any trade.

camp_eagles
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
That not what i think they will get that is what i think McNabb is worth. Anything less than a second in my opinion isn't worth it.

bsaza2358
12-27-2007, 11:21 AM
That is fine then. I don't think anyone is expecting to give legitimate value for McNabb.

Eagles own the NFC East
12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
If Trent Green who is like 35 years old coming off a season with a concussion at an old age for a QB and has never been on the same level as McNabb could get traded for a 4th round pick, McNabb could get traded for more then a 3rd IMO.

What do you guys think we are going to address in the draft? I think DE or DB 1st round is where I think we are looking, although I would prefer a playmaker like DeSean Jackson but thats not how we draft, plus we have needs at DE and DB.

bsaza2358
12-28-2007, 08:20 AM
The Dolphins overpaid for Green, just like they way overpaid for AJ Feeley back in the day. They are terrible at evaluating and developing QB talent. You can't set market value for McNabb based on Green. It is always about what the team is willing to pay. I don't think teams are going to offer better than a third rounder, and that isn't proper value for Donovan. I think everyone can agree that he is worth more than that.

bsaza2358
12-28-2007, 08:20 AM
There is a draft discussion thread in this forum. Let's talk draft/offseason there.

bsaza2358
12-28-2007, 08:21 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14573

Draft discussion thread.

bsaza2358
01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Tom Heckert looks like he is staying in Philly for at least 1 more season. This is definitely good news for the Eagles!

Sniper
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Tom Heckert looks like he is staying in Philly for at least 1 more season. This is definitely good news for the Eagles!

Yay another first round OL or DL while we have many other glaring needs!

bsaza2358
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
What "glaring needs" are you talking about? Do you mean the OLine that allowed a mediocre 50 sacks this year and numerous other hits? Or the DLine that generated limited pressure that forced our secondary to cover too long and get burned?

Controlling the trenches is the key to dominating football games. You saw it with the SD-Indy and NYG-Dallas games. The teams that protected and pressured better hung in and won. Period. The Eagles are old at OT and not deep enough on the DLine. Yes, there are needs in the secondary for depth, but I think the "glaring needs" lie in the trenches.

Sniper
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
What "glaring needs" are you talking about? Do you mean the OLine that allowed a mediocre 50 sacks this year and numerous other hits? Or the DLine that generated limited pressure that forced our secondary to cover too long and get burned?

Controlling the trenches is the key to dominating football games. You saw it with the SD-Indy and NYG-Dallas games. The teams that protected and pressured better hung in and won. Period. The Eagles are old at OT and not deep enough on the DLine. Yes, there are needs in the secondary for depth, but I think the "glaring needs" lie in the trenches.

OL: Those sack numbers are grossly inflated because of one bad game. In addition, Thomas, Runyan, Andrews and Herremans all missed time because of injury. Is it a need? Sure. Is it as big a need as maybe a S or WR? No. Plus a lot of those sacks came from coverage because the receivers are awful

DL: They flat out suck. Overpaid for Kearse and Howard and got very minimal production. Bunkley and Patterson were fine at DT, as were Cole and Thomas at DE, but you can always pick up cheap pass rushers late in the draft.

I'm cool with building in the trenches, but for a team that throws 45 times a game, perhaps a competent receiver to catch some of those 45 passes would be nice. Curtis and Brown are not #1 and #2 options respectively. You don't need a stud at wideout if you're throwing 20-25 times a game, but when you're married to the pass, you better damn well have a great wideout.

bsaza2358
01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Take away the Giants game, and it's still 38 sacks in 15 games, close to 2.5 sacks a game. Acceptable, but still mediocre. When you're married to the pass and getting pressure on D, you'd better get players to work for you.

WR's can be found later in the draft as well. Premium talent is usually found in Round 1. OLine and DLine guys tend to be ready to play sooner than WR's and TE's and even DB's.

Let me be clear: I don't care who the Eagles take in Round 1. I want an impact player who helps immediately. If that's a WR, excellent. If it's a starting LT, also awesome. If it's the next Julius Peppers, I'd be ecstatic. I want talent above all. Don't care where it comes from.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-18-2008, 11:08 PM
How's Bunkley doing?

jonbrodo17
01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Bunkley had a fairly decent year this year, obviously his stats (32 tkls. 3 sacks) dont show how well he has been progressing because he is a DT, but IMO he played pretty well

Go_Eagles77
01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
He definitely proved all the eagles fans wrong that claimed he was a bust. He and Mike Patterson pretty much locked themselves at the starting DT spots, if we get a top-notch DE to line up opposite Trent Cole we could very well have a top 3-5 D-Line in the league.

brat316
01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I think Victor Ambrinie could be that guy, I think he just needs a chance. He is monster of a man, I think he could be one of those DEs that can play run and pass.

bsaza2358
01-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Abriamiri needs to have a Bunkley-like offseason. He has the size and strength to do the job. With Cole and the DT's commanding a lot of attention, he needs to beat 1 on 1's consistently to really be the man. I like a guy of his size on the DLine, and I think that VA can slide inside on passing downs and play some DT, kind of like Reggie White used to do.

Bills2083
01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
according to Chris Brown, the Bills' insider, the Eagles are deciding on wheter or not to place the franchise tag on him.
What are his pros and cons?

Go_Eagles77
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
according to Chris Brown, the Bills' insider, the Eagles are deciding on wheter or not to place the franchise tag on him.
What are his pros and cons?

Huh? I'm assuming you mean Takeo Spikes. He obviously has not played up to his pro-bowl level, but he's been very solid and is better than anything we currently have, so unless the eagles are planning on drafting a WLB early, which I don't see, I think he'll stay around.

Then again Omar Gaither might be a possibility at WLB. Then the LBs could be
Gaither - Bradley - Gocong

Who knows though, I prefer the current lineup with Bradley getting more PT at both MLB and SLB.

brat316
01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
i think he means L.J. Smith, Spikes has one more year on his current contract

Cons has butter hands, doesn't realize how to secure the ball right not a blocker by any means.

Pros has speed and can make a catch now and then and run with it.

Go_Eagles77
01-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh I just figured he meant Spikes because he was a bills fan. Disregard my last post lol.

bsaza2358
01-23-2008, 08:19 AM
On LJ Smith: Worked hard to turn himself into an average blocker after having zero skills coming out of Rutgers. Very good at getting open down the seam. Can be dominant at times. When he's really right, he can be a top 5 talent in the league. Even with all his issues, he's a top 15 player at the position when he's healthy.

He seems to struggle making clutch catches. Has a fumbling problem. He may also play a bit soft and has a tendency to get dinged up and have to leave games. Had a sports hernia that cost him his entire 2007 season (for the most part). Should be healthier now, but how much can he bounce?

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2008, 07:01 AM
I think Victor Ambrinie could be that guy, I think he just needs a chance. He is monster of a man, I think he could be one of those DEs that can play run and pass.

I like Abiamiri, he is strong against the run at the point of attack, and will complete the D-line if he can play at a high level. We would have a balanced D-line with decent size. The Eagles would have a pass rushing DE and DT to go along with a run stuffing DE and DT. I think if Abiamiri can prove himself to be a good player for the Eagles at DE the line will be amazing.

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Bunkley had a fairly decent year this year, obviously his stats (32 tkls. 3 sacks) dont show how well he has been progressing because he is a DT, but IMO he played pretty well

He played well enough to convince me that the Eagles will only need to draft depth at DT for the next few years.

Sniper
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
He played well enough to convince me that the Eagles will only need to draft depth at DT for the next few years.

His numbers weren't excellent but he did face some double teams too.

eaglesalltheway
02-22-2008, 08:25 AM
His numbers weren't excellent, but he is the kind of player who improves the numbers of the people around him. Cole, Patterson, and Gaither. Though those guys do have great talent and a lot of their stats are because of their own accomplishments, Bunkley has done a lot to improve their stats and the way they are able to work in the games.

machoking6
02-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm a huge Notre Dame fan, so I've had the good fortune of seeing Abiamiri play a lot. He broke the all time sacks record at ND, which was previously held by Justin Tuck. Yes, the same Justin Tuck who absoluted beasted the Patriots' offensive line in the Super Bowl. It took some time for Tuck to adjust, but he sure did this year and I'm positive Giants fans felt that it was well worth the wait. Abiamiri will adjust sooner rather than later. He may not start over Juqua Thomas, but I anticipate seeing him get a lot of action. Abiamiri is the future at LDE opposite Trent Cole, which is why I don't see the Eagles drafting a DE with their 1st pick.

eaglesalltheway
02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree but what I like most about him is how he plays against the run.

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Mike Patterson got busted for possession of weed, under 50 grams. This is very disappointing, I always thought of him as a high-character guy.

ryan0022
02-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm a huge Notre Dame fan, so I've had the good fortune of seeing Abiamiri play a lot. He broke the all time sacks record at ND, which was previously held by Justin Tuck. Yes, the same Justin Tuck who absoluted beasted the Patriots' offensive line in the Super Bowl. It took some time for Tuck to adjust, but he sure did this year and I'm positive Giants fans felt that it was well worth the wait. Abiamiri will adjust sooner rather than later. He may not start over Juqua Thomas, but I anticipate seeing him get a lot of action. Abiamiri is the future at LDE opposite Trent Cole, which is why I don't see the Eagles drafting a DE with their 1st pick.

I agree totally and I am also a huge ND fan so i've seen a lot of Victor play in college and think he will end up being a godd DE for the eagles. They really need to evaluate him before they make their decision on who to draft or sign in free agency and the fact that the eagles dont really play their rookies all that much I think hurt and placed a greater emphasis on thier need for DE... I still think they may goes DE in the draft just because Andy likes his lines and as seen with the Giants you can't have enough good DE's but Ithink we have more pressing needs in free agency and the drat (in the 1st round anyway)