PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

eaglesalltheway
02-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Mike Patterson got busted for possession of weed, under 50 grams. This is very disappointing, I always thought of him as a high-character guy.

Where did you find that out from?

Go_Eagles77
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Where did you find that out from?

Heard it on Comcast, the host read a police report so I don't think it's just a rumor, I'll post a link when there is one.

Bills2083
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080222/SPORTS02/80222056&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

here's a link

eaglesalltheway
02-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Who is Bam Childress? Is this just a WR who you think the Eagles will cut or do youu think he will make the roster? Is he a practice squad guy?

brat316
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
i think PS guy, but i hear the Pats where going to make him their slot untill Welker came.

This is another move by the Eagles who like to get players with potential, especially at WR and not star players. You know Avant, Basket, Greg Lewis. He is just another one to add

eaglesalltheway
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Sort of what I figured, but knew and still know very little about him.

Brothgar
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and the Eagles are astill open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18848

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2008, 06:37 AM
I would have done it, but Dragon Fire Kai took it. Oh well.

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Was watching Comcast and I think I heard it right when I heard them say that the Eagles are going to move Bradley up to MIKE and push Gaither back to WILL, pushing Spikes into the Nickel LB role. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I was saying this since we drafted Bradley. The future at the LB positions is bright, VERY bright. I expected this to happen at some point, but not this soon, and it means one of two things:
a. Stewart Bradley is really impressing all involved in the Eagles organization
b. Spikes is not what the Eagles were expecting and are trying to get more eperience for their young LB corp.
Personally, I think it is a blend of those two, as Spikes played well, but Bradley really impressed throughout the season, whether it be in practice or game. I think this is a move in the right direction, as Bradley has the potential to be a perennial, yes perennial, Pro-Bowl MLB, and Gaither is best suited to play WILL in this system. They brought up another option though, they elude to the idea that the Eagles will trade Spikes due to his salary. They do not want to spend that kind of money on a Nickel LB. If this is the case, what are the thoughts?

nvot9
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Another Jets fan is telling me he hear rumors that the Jets rejected a Coles for Sheppard trade.

That being said, I'm curious as to what your guys' take on Sheppard is as a player. Clearly his age and stats are very nice, but what does he provide as a player, I mean Revis was tremendous for us this year especially given the amount of times he was thrown at, but his int. numbers would not lead you to believe he was so amazing, so what do you guys think about Lito? How would you rank him?

Sniper
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Another Jets fan is telling me he hear rumors that the Jets rejected a Coles for Sheppard trade.

That being said, I'm curious as to what your guys' take on Sheppard is as a player. Clearly his age and stats are very nice, but what does he provide as a player, I mean Revis was tremendous for us this year especially given the amount of times he was thrown at, but his int. numbers would not lead you to believe he was so amazing, so what do you guys think about Lito? How would you rank him?

He's the man, and I'm disappointed we essentially have to trade him. If they only would have gotten Coles for him, I would have cried. Good man corner with some sweet ball skills who does his best work against the Cowboys. I think like half his career picks are against the Cowboys.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 06:26 AM

I wouldn't be a fan of this trade and am happy the Jets rejected it. Isn't Coles around 30 years old? I think if we are getting rid of a player like Lito, and are going after a WR, I would want someone younger and, to be honest, better than Laverneus Coles. Personally, I don't see what the Eagles would even want him for. He wouldn't upgrade the position that much, barely at all in fact, and we would be taking a big hit to our secondary. We already have plenty of smaller WRs, and don't need another one. On another note, I think with how the team is dealing Sheppard, this pretty much proves to everyone that Sheldon Brown will NEVER play safety for the Eagles.

Go_Eagles77
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Juqua Thomas changed his name to Juqua Parker

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/player84.html

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Hooray!?...

bsaza2358
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, is that really news?

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 04:47 PM
No, but who cares? It is at least something to put in this thread...

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
On to other, earth shifting news... This is my 2,000th post, and I wanted it to be here. Hooray for me???

bsaza2358
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Well done. Only 9000 more to go until you're a huge dork like me.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
If only I could be as big a dork as you.;)

Jakey
03-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Watsup people, i made this Dawkins sig...if any1 wants to use it go right ahead :) No need to rep (i made it for fun)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/DawkSig-1.gif

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/DawkSig-1.gif

Go_Eagles77
03-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Dude that's pretty sick I think I'm gonna use it for a while. And yes you will get + rep.

Go_Eagles77
03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Never mind I see Sniper's using it, I'll let him keep it.

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I will +rep you for it

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
It won't work for be, but I'll give you the rep anyway for the work.

Go_Eagles77
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know if anyone cares, but William Thomas changed his name back to Tra Thomas again.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/player85.html

I was just getting used to calling him William... lol

bsaza2358
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
What the heck? Pick a freakin' name!

bigbluedefense
04-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I was thinking about this last night, i wanna hear your thoughts on it.

Is it just me, or has the Eagles defense never been the same since Hugh Douglas left? You guys have been missing that stalwart on the dline for quite some time. Kearse never really was the guy, Cole is great, but he's no Hugh Douglas.

Abriamiri has potential. But I think that one missing link the past couple of years on this defense has been that stud on the dline. Do you guys feel that Cole and Abriamiri can provide a great 1,2 punch for the future?

I like Abriamiri's potential. I love bullrushers though, and you guys don't have a bullrusher.

eaglesalltheway
04-03-2008, 05:24 PM
We already have two studs on our D-line, but they are of a different breed of stud, nd at least one more in the making. Patterson and Cole are studs IMO. Bunkley will be a stud in one or two years, moreso in the breed of Douglas, but I have no worries at all of our D-line. Patterson was a snub for the Pro-Bowl, with his more than above average sack numbers, and leading all NFL DTs in tackles. Abiamiri will be a little like Bunk, will have a massive impact that will rarely show up on the stat sheet, but I really like how our D-line is stacking up, and with a few good Backup DTs, look out. (Even more than you already do) Adn if you're looking for a bull-rusher, we got that in Cole, most of his sacks are set up through the bull-rush, he uses a lot of leverage in his game. I think Cole and Abiamiri will be a great set of starting DEs for us, and we are honestly set at DE for a long time.

ryan0022
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
So Lito is still here... I did not think there was a chance he would be here after draft day and I don't know how Andy is going to juggle the 3 starters we have, he keeps referring to what he had in Vincent, Taylor, and Harris but Harris was clearly the 3rd best DB in the secondary.. I just don't see how we go into next season with these 3, maybe moving Brown to Saftey is more likely now, who knows...

brat316
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I think Its going to be Asante and Lito starting wait for camp to start. Sheldon will play nickel. He is not moving to safety. When a team need a cb in the start of the season they will come knocking and give up a good reward for him like a 1st.

Players trade value gets lowered in the draft

jefepowhnzer
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Reports (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Jacksonville_interested_in_Lito.html) now on pft that the Jags are offering a "package of picks". Unless the package includes a first round pick maybe the team should just wait and play it out during the season.

eaglesfan_45
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Reports (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Jacksonville_interested_in_Lito.html) now on pft that the Jags are offering a "package of picks". Unless the package includes a first round pick maybe the team should just wait and play it out during the season.

No way we trade Lito now, we drafted around him, we didn't get his replacement and if we trade him CB will be an issue. The only way I think the Eagles trade him is if they get some high picks and a serviceable nickleback.

brat316
04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
PFT is a joke nothing is ever true on that site

jefepowhnzer
04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
The report originated from philly.com, if that carries any more weight.

eaglesfan_45
04-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Who do you guys think starts this season, anyone from the draft or mostly just returning players?

brat316
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Ehhhh...no one from the draft is going to start other than Deeeesee Nuts at Returner, and PR at that, he might be used for the slot.

Laws will be rotated in.

eaglesfan_45
04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
The offense is going to be fun to watch.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15414&spadaro=1

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Ehhhh...no one from the draft is going to start other than Deeeesee Nuts at Returner, and PR at that, he might be used for the slot.

Laws will be rotated in.

That is how I see it in terms of starters, but other players will get significant Playing Time in Special Teams.

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2008, 06:54 AM
The offense is going to be fun to watch.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15414&spadaro=1

Nive read, and it actually excites me to think about things like that.

ryan0022
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
That was definitly a good read it's good to hear one of the eagles coaches to actually talk with some context instead of Andy just saying "yeah he's on our team just like everyone else" Hopefully these 2 guys can bolster the big play ability and we can work thoughtthe red aone aspect....

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I was reading about the Eagles mini-camp and it said that Lorenzo Booker took a ton of reps and worked with Kevin Kolb alot.
Also the video of DeSean Jackson is amazing, he was burning the CBs.

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Eagles have really high hopes
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15429

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Winston justice is playing starting RT with the first team offense. He is doing a good job too.

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Lorenzo Booker just owned the second team defense!!! Wow I really like this guy that was a Reggie Bush college run.

brat316
05-04-2008, 02:20 PM
where da videos at

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
where da videos at

Eagles.com but they aren't broadcasting anything right now though :(

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Standouts of the day: running back Lorenzo Booker and linebacker Akeem Jordan

according to the Eagles website.

Lorenzo Booker is impressing the team alot, and i wouldn't be suprised to see him quite a bit this season.

Go_Eagles77
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Westbrook and Booker on the field at the same time could be scary.

Go_Eagles77
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Here's my prediction for the final 53 man roster

QB - D. McNabb, K. Kolb, AJ Feeley
RB - B. Westbrook, L. Booker, C. Buckhalter, T. Hunt
FB - D. Klecko
WR - K. Curtis, D. Jackson, H. Baskett
WR - R. Brown, J. Avant
TE - LJ Smith, K. Wilson, B. Celek
LT - T. Thomas, K. Dunlap
LG - T. Herremans, M. McGlynn
C - J. Jackson, N. Cole
RG - S. Andrews, M. Jean-Gilles
RT - J. Runyan, W. Justice

RDE - T. Cole, C. Clemons, B. Smith
DT - B. Bunkley, M. Reagor
DT - M. Patterson, T. Laws
LDE - V. Abiamiri, J. Parker
WLB - O. Gaither, A. Jordan
MLB - S. Bradley, J. Mays
SLB - C. Gocong, R. Boiman
CB - A. Samuel, S. Brown, N. Graham
CB - L. Sheppard, J. Hanson
FS - Brian Dawkins, Q. Demps
SS - Q. Mikell, JR Reed

K - D. Akers
P - S. Rocca
RS - D. Jackson

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 04:00 PM
^^^
No Sean Considine, or Darren Howard?

brat316
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Westbrook and Booker on the field at the same time could be scary.

And Deeesssee Nuts (Desean Jackson)

Go_Eagles77
05-04-2008, 05:37 PM
^^^
No Sean Considine, or Darren Howard?

They were actually the last 2 I got rid of. No room for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they both made the team though.

cunningham06
05-05-2008, 12:27 AM
They were actually the last 2 I got rid of. No room for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they both made the team though.

I don't expect Howard to be around much longer, but barring injury Considine will be on the team. He offers a lot more at the safety position for JR Reed to be sure. Quintin Mikell and Sean Considine I bet will be the ones who are battling for SS in training camp.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2008, 06:43 AM
I don't expect Howard to be around much longer, but barring injury Considine will be on the team. He offers a lot more at the safety position for JR Reed to be sure. Quintin Mikell and Sean Considine I bet will be the ones who are battling for SS in training camp.

Agreed, and Reed has lost value on the team now that we have capable return men, Reed will probably be in the final cuts, but I expect Considine to make the team, adn he will start as well, as long as his shoulder is healthy.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2008, 06:47 AM
And Deeesssee Nuts (Desean Jackson)

Not to mention the exceptionally fast Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown. Both of whom are really very fast. When the Eagles use those five guys in the same formation, defenses will say, "hmm, which guy with 4.35 speed or better do I want my LB on?" All of the skills players are exceptionally fast when used in that situation, and defenses will have sooo many problems with mismatches.

Sniper
05-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Not to mention the exceptionally fast Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown. Both of whom are really very fast. When the Eagles use those five guys in the same formation, defenses will say, "hmm, which guy with 4.35 speed or better do I want my LB on?" All of the skills players are exceptionally fast when used in that situation, and defenses will have sooo many problems with mismatches.

The Eagles are almost SEC fast now!

cunningham06
05-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Reggie Brown is not very fast. He ran a 4.55. He doesn't excel at any one category, he's just solid in all areas. That is why I will never pick him to break out, because with him it's not going to happen. He's a good #2 guy but that will probably be it. Kevin Curtis is pretty fast but more quick kind of like Wes Welker. Desean Jackson is the fastest and is also extremely quick and he will be hard to cover.

brat316
05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah hopefully with Deeeesssee Nuts working with Jerry Rice will help him run better routes and be a better WR. Though the one thing I think we lack is a physical WR. Hopefully Avant or Basket can bring a physical domiance.

But even with all that speed its not going to make a difference well not that much untill one of them breaks out and becomes a really good WR one that needs double teams, or can run extremely well routes and get open consistently.

eaglesfan_45
05-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah hopefully with Deeeesssee Nuts working with Jerry Rice will help him run better routes and be a better WR. Though the one thing I think we lack is a physical WR. Hopefully Avant or Basket can bring a physical domiance.

But even with all that speed its not going to make a difference well not that much untill one of them breaks out and becomes a really good WR one that needs double teams, or can run extremely well routes and get open consistently.

Why do you call Jackson Deeeesssee Nuts?

brat316
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Why do you call Jackson Deeeesssee Nuts?

I don't know I just find it funny, i guess I relate Desean with deeesssee. and then i add nuts.

cunningham06
05-06-2008, 12:19 AM
haha my old track coach's last name was Dees so we called him deez nuts all the time, as well as the diesel.

eaglesalltheway
05-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Reggie Brown is not very fast. He ran a 4.55. He doesn't excel at any one category, he's just solid in all areas. That is why I will never pick him to break out, because with him it's not going to happen. He's a good #2 guy but that will probably be it. Kevin Curtis is pretty fast but more quick kind of like Wes Welker. Desean Jackson is the fastest and is also extremely quick and he will be hard to cover.

But Reggie does play faster than a 4.55. I know I said 4.35, bnut I guess i was jsut trying to show how fast every one of those players were. I don't know how he got that 4.55, because he can consistently get behind defenses. Either way, having four skill position players with speed that nice is awesome.

bsaza2358
05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
You can run a 4.55 and have success in the NFL. If you run great routes, have excellent hands, use your body well, and accelerate well, you can be the man. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.6 40. He's on the of the best in the league. Playing speed >>>>> timed speed.

brat316
05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
But Reggie does play faster than a 4.55. I know I said 4.35, bnut I guess i was jsut trying to show how fast every one of those players were. I don't know how he got that 4.55, because he can consistently get behind defenses. Either way, having four skill position players with speed that nice is awesome.

Yeah he can get behind D players but thats clearly not helping the team much, his on field production shows his speed isn't doing much. As bsaza said about what make a great WR. Reggie needs to start doing those things, running better routes and the hands man the hands.

I was watching post draft camp he did get behind Sheldon Brown, but the ball came he didn't catch it. The other one he got open again but had a pretty sloppy route, was either trying to double move or something, and well he was no where near the ball.

bsaza2358
05-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I've been reading that Reggie has done a ton of hands work with the jugs machine and from QB's. He has been out to Arizona with McNabb, and he's going out there again. It is possible that the drop was him thinking too much about technique than just getting it done. It is only May. If these mistakes still happen in August, we have cause to worry more.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah he can get behind D players but thats clearly not helping the team much, his on field production shows his speed isn't doing much. As bsaza said about what make a great WR. Reggie needs to start doing those things, running better routes and the hands man the hands.

I was watching post draft camp he did get behind Sheldon Brown, but the ball came he didn't catch it. The other one he got open again but had a pretty sloppy route, was either trying to double move or something, and well he was no where near the ball.

Like bsaza said its may, don't stress too early, though he does show the ability to consistently drop the ball in games:). He runs decent routes, and tendss to get sloppy, and I agree that those things are all more important than speed. But all of those things can be taught, and Reggie has great game speed, and that is something that you can not teach.

bsaza2358
05-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I think he has worked hard to change his playing habits. He has to make the habits part of his instincts, and that comes with time and reps. I don't foresee a problem come September.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2008, 06:15 AM
He hasn't had any glring problems throughout his career. I don't see any new problems arising, and the problems he does have, he will improve upon, as he has done every year.

eaglesfan_45
05-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Eagles FA's

FS Brian Dawkins
T William Thomas
DE Jerome McDougle
RB Ryan Moats
S Sean Considine
T Jon Runyan
G Scott Young
RB Correll Buckhalter
S J.R. Reed
LB Rocky Boiman
CB Joselio Hanson
TE L.J. Smith

I think that both Thomas and Runyan retire, Dawkins retires, Buckhalter is deemed expendaple, LJ Smith is let go and everyone else is basically just depth players except Considine.

In the FA market you can't really tell what the Eagles will do, sometimes they go crazy other times they stay put.

Eagles only FA signing is Roy Williams WR Lions.

The Eagles trade Sheppard in the '09 offseason for the Browns 1st

So, I think we draft like this (lets assume we have the 16th pick from Car and a late 1st from Cle and a Early 20's pick for the Eagles)-

Car 1st- Andre Smith, OT, Alabama- Would fill a need and he is a really good player, he is a hard worker and I think he could be the future at either T spot.

1st-Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma - Would replace Andrews at G when he moves to LT.

1st- Nic Harris, SS, Oklahoma- Big SS who will play the run and is a physical safety that the defense will need once Dawk retires.

2nd- Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State- He will take over the FS spot that Dawkins leaves, he is a cover safety who plays S, CB, and KR

3rd- Darius Hill TE Ball State- The departure of LJ Smith leaves the Eagles with a hole at TE and I think that Hil can fill the need he is 6'6" and can catch the ball nicely he can play the Big Slot Reciever guy too.

Depth Chart-
QB- D. McNabb, K. Kolb
RB- B. Westbrook, L. Booker, T. Hunt
FB- J. Davis

WR- R. Williams, K. Curtis
WR- R. Brown, H. Baskett
WR- D. Jackson
TE- B. Celek, D. Hill K. Wilson

OT- S. Andrews, K. Dunlap
OG- T. Herramens, M. McGlynn
C- J. Jackson, N. Cole
OG- D. Robinson, M. Jean Giles
OT- A. Smith, W. Justice

RE- T.Cole, C. Clemons, B. Smith
RDT- B. Bunkley, (T. Laws)
LDT- M. Patterson, T. Laws
LE- V. Abiamiri, J. Thomas

SLB- C. GoCong, R. Boiman
ILB- S. Bradley, J. Mays
WLB- O. Gaither, A. Jordan

CB- A. Samuel, Joselio Hanson (D. Pegues)
CB- S. Brown, Nick Graham, Ike
FS- D. Pegues, Q. Demps
SS- N. Harris, S. Considine, Q. Mikell

Could you imagine that kind of an off-season? It probobly won't happen but if it did man I would be so excited.

Go_Eagles77
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow man the 2008 season didn't even start yet and your already doing 2009 mock off seasons? lol should be a good one though with that FA class and having 2 1st rounders.

Eaglez.Fan
05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Justice will be a starter for the eagles. He'll be an excellent RT so the Smith pick would be a waste if he wouldn't go LT. And we wouldn't go 2 OL in round one.

eaglesfan_45
05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow man the 2008 season didn't even start yet and your already doing 2009 mock off seasons? lol should be a good one though with that FA class and having 2 1st rounders.

I'm bored lol

eaglesfan_45
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Justice will be a starter for the eagles. He'll be an excellent RT so the Smith pick would be a waste if he wouldn't go LT. And we wouldn't go 2 OL in round one.

Heres my justification:

Justice played RT with the First team at camp only because Runyan was excused
At first he looked good but upon looking again, he was letting guys get by him like he didn't even see them.
Andrews will move to either LT or RT when Thomas and Runyan leave.
Justice isn't a starter so you have to draft one in Smith
You would need to replace Andrews at G

But it is only the off season so you never know.

brat316
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I think we draft a LT, I like Andrews as a road grader at guard, he bring that nasty streak in the run game. There is no need to turn him to a LT where he has to go up against edge rushers. He belongs on the inside.

eaglesfan_45
05-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I think we draft a LT, I like Andrews as a road grader at guard, he bring that nasty streak in the run game. There is no need to turn him to a LT where he has to go up against edge rushers. He belongs on the inside.

I agree but Reid will move him out, he can play LT he was a T coming into the NFL. I think Andrews will be great no matter where he plays and I see him having a Jonathan Odgen type career, odgen started at G as well during the begining of his career.

Go_Eagles77
05-09-2008, 05:46 AM
I think if Andrews moves out to tackle Max Jean-Gilles has a chance to replace him at guard.

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2008, 06:24 AM
You're right there^^^, but i still don't see how we are going to put Andrews at LT. We were supposed to be trying very hard to move up to select Albert, who was also a G/LT prospect. The Eagles were rumored to be interested in him as an LT, not a guard, so that leads me to beleive that Andrews is staying at Right Guard. I do see the Eagles looking for an Ot prospect with one of their first picks, and there is also a chance they go S and WR, but we first need to see how this season goes before we start doing things like predicting the first few picks in the draft for our team along with the rest of the off-season.

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Justice still has the opportunity to play at RT, so I think if the Eagles go with the line early next year, it will be at LT, because both tackle spots have more question marks than if you would fill one of them with Andrews. The problem ther is though, now we also have a major hole at RG, and Gilles could be perfect there, the problem is we just don't know what he has, as he has seen very little PT.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 02:26 PM
You're right there^^^, but i still don't see how we are going to put Andrews at LT. We were supposed to be trying very hard to move up to select Albert, who was also a G/LT prospect. The Eagles were rumored to be interested in him as an LT, not a guard, so that leads me to beleive that Andrews is staying at Right Guard. I do see the Eagles looking for an Ot prospect with one of their first picks, and there is also a chance they go S and WR, but we first need to see how this season goes before we start doing things like predicting the first few picks in the draft for our team along with the rest of the off-season.

Because if you don't have to move Andrews, why would you? Reid's logic is you never can have enough stud OL. If you can have Albert at LT and not move Andrews, why not?

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Because if you don't have to move Andrews, why would you? Reid's logic is you never can have enough stud OL. If you can have Albert at LT and not move Andrews, why not?

That has been my argument the whole time. We don't HAVE to move Andrews, ever, so it doesn't matter who else is on the team. I like what he does at RG, and don't want to chance screwing it up moving him soewhere else. I agree with AR's philosophy, and wold have the same one if I were a HC, but the way I see it is simple, don't fix what aint broke, and Andrews is FAAAAAR from broken.

DragonFireKai
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
But when Thomas and Runyan retire, the situation at tackle will be broken. The whole point of Reid putting Andrews and Herrimans at G was to simply get them on the field and get them playing time until such time as they're needed elsewhere. don't trust what the media, and Sal Palantonio in particular puts out about the Eagles. They have no idea what they're talking about, and for the most part are just throwing rumors out there with no substantiation. Remember how he said we were going to trade up for Jeff Otah? And then we do the exact opposite. There's a reason why we traded down despite having Otah fall into our laps. Our future tackles are already playing.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 03:43 PM
That has been my argument the whole time. We don't HAVE to move Andrews, ever, so it doesn't matter who else is on the team. I like what he does at RG, and don't want to chance screwing it up moving him soewhere else. I agree with AR's philosophy, and wold have the same one if I were a HC, but the way I see it is simple, don't fix what aint broke, and Andrews is FAAAAAR from broken.

But right guard isn't nearly as important as left or right tackle.

eaglesfan_45
05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Any way you look at it the Eagles are going to have alot of changes on the offensive line with both Tackles possibly retiring.

Andrews will be moved, no doubt in my mind he will play tackle eventually.
Herramens is on thin ice and if he doesn't play well this s eason he is gone.
Justice has a lot to prove and is probobly going to play RT next year if he can prove him self which he hasn't done yet.
MJG could start but like Justice he is un-proven.
We brought in a bunch of rookies but they at best will be average starters and good backups.

best situation (not having to get a bunch of guys)
LT- Shawn Andrews
LG- Todd Herramens
C- Jamaal Jackson
RG- MJG
RT- Winston Justice

Worst Situation (having to draft 3-4 guys)
LT- Shawn Andrews
LG- rookie
C- Jamaal Jackson
RG- rookie
RT- rookie

Probable Situation-
LT- Shawn Andrews, King Dunlap
LG- Rookie , Scott Young
C - Jamaal Jackson, Nick Cole
RG- MJG, Mike McGlynn
RT- Rookie (Loadholt?), Winston Justice

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Worst Case Scenario-
FA's
All FA's are let go

Eagles have a losing record b/c-

Linebackers play badly and need improvement
Defensive backfield is hit w/ injuries
Cole doesn't progress and the Abiamiri doesn't play well
Offensive line gets hit w/ injuries and old age
McNabb gets injured
WR's continue to play mediocre

Moves-

Andy Reid gets fired
McNabb is released
Dawkins, Thomas, Runyan retire
Trade Lito for a 1st

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 01:31 AM
The eagles Can play a 3-4 D really well IMO

Front 7-
DE- Mike Patterson
DT- Broderick Bunkley
DE- Trevor Laws

OLB- C. GoCong/ T. Cole/ A. Studebaker (? name)
ILB- O. Gaither
ILB- S. Bradley
OLB- C. Clemons/ B. Smith

as well as a cover 2 defense

DragonFireKai
05-11-2008, 01:57 PM
The eagles Can play a 3-4 D really well IMO

Front 7-
DE- Mike Patterson
DT- Broderick Bunkley
DE- Trevor Laws

OLB- C. GoCong/ T. Cole/ A. Studebaker (? name)
ILB- O. Gaither
ILB- S. Bradley
OLB- C. Clemons/ B. Smith

as well as a cover 2 defense

The linebackers would be ok, but Cole doesn't have the lateral movement to play LB, and I'm not a fan of Gucong. The D Line would be awful in a 3-4. None of the DTs are effective at controling two gaps, or eating blocks, they're all penetrators. You can't throw a natural 3 tech out into a 5 tech, just look at the failed Warren Sapp as a DE experiment. And the DEs are all either 7 or 9 tech, none have the bulk to play a 5 technique.

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 01:59 PM
My Prediction for Eagles Needs at the End of 2008 season-
OL- Runyan and Thomas retire and Justice just isn't up to par. Andrews is the future LT but who plays RT?
WR- The WR core is in need of improvement Reggie Brown continues mediocre play, Curtis and Jackson are inconsistent.
TE- With the departure of LJ Smith Eagles need a TE.

DE- Abiamiri just isn't the awnser and there is a need for an every down DE.
LB- Bradley and Gaither play well but GoCong leaves alot to be desired.
CB- Lito is dealt thus opening up a need at CB.
S- Dawkins retires and Considine, Mikell, Demps just aren't going to cut it.

DragonFireKai
05-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Lito's not going to get traded unless we get a deal that's just plain highway robbery. All the rumors so far have been BS thrown together by the media, when they need a story. Lito's agent has not been given permission to seek a trade, Lito has not asked for a new contract.

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 03:24 PM
My 1st 2009 Eagles Mock Draft
*Trade Lito for 1st

1st(Car top 10)- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss- Can Play either G posistion or either T posistion draws comparisons to Jonahan Odgen
1st(? Top 20)- Greg Middleton DE Indiana- Big every down DE who has a wide variety of pass rushing moves and can get the QB
1st(Phi Mid 20's)- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Big athletic safety who can replace Brian Dawkins.
2nd- Jaison Williams WR Oregon- BIG WR, he is 6'4" and 240 lbs great endzone threat could project to TE
3rd- Dwain Crawford, FS, Baylor can play CB or FS and is really quick in coverage would be an upgrade over Mikell, Considine, or Demps at FS
4th- Steve Rehring OG Ohio St.- a depth pick but this guy is monstrous
5th- LaMarcus Coker RB Tennesee- quick RB to complement Westbrook, Booker and Hunt.
5th- Rendrick Taylor WR Clemson- another big WR at 6'2" and 220 lbs
6th- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno St.- Big Te
7th- Russell Allen LB San Diego State- Quick LB similar to Omar Gaither

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Lito's not going to get traded unless we get a deal that's just plain highway robbery. All the rumors so far have been BS thrown together by the media, when they need a story. Lito's agent has not been given permission to seek a trade, Lito has not asked for a new contract.

Yeah but there is nothing to do so... we speculate. Plus, can you imagine what it would be like having 3 1st's?

Sniper
05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
My 1st 2009 Eagles Mock Draft
*Trade Lito for 1st

1st(Car top 10)- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss- Can Play either G posistion or either T posistion draws comparisons to Jonahan Odgen
1st(? Top 20)- Greg Middleton DE Indiana- Big every down DE who has a wide variety of pass rushing moves and can get the QB
1st(Phi Mid 20's)- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Big athletic safety who can replace Brian Dawkins.
2nd- Jaison Williams WR Oregon- BIG WR, he is 6'4" and 240 lbs great endzone threat could project to TE
3rd- Dwain Crawford, FS, Baylor can play CB or FS and is really quick in coverage would be an upgrade over Mikell, Considine, or Demps at FS
4th- Steve Rehring OG Ohio St.- a depth pick but this guy is monstrous
5th- LaMarcus Coker RB Tennesee- quick RB to complement Westbrook, Booker and Hunt.
5th- Rendrick Taylor WR Clemson- another big WR at 6'2" and 220 lbs
6th- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno St.- Big Te
7th- Russell Allen LB San Diego State- Quick LB similar to Omar Gaither

1. If we couldn't get a second for Lito this year, how are we going to get a 1 next year?
2. Mock drafts are ********.
3. Mock drafts a year ahead are especially ********.

eaglesfan_45
05-11-2008, 03:48 PM
1. If we couldn't get a second for Lito this year, how are we going to get a 1 next year?
2. Mock drafts are ********.
3. Mock drafts a year ahead are especially ********.

I know, I know. I am justs super super super bored!!

Oh and the awnser to the 1st ? is, players value is down as the draft gets closer so, if they were to trade him today, they would get a first.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Too much negativity EF45. No faith, no faith whatsoever. If the season would go that poorly, that would be a travesty. I don't know what to say to all of it. If you are that bored, video games, movies, TV, friends, hell even a board game would be fine, just stop it with the negativity.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Joking by the way, but honestly, reading all of that made me a little depressed.:(

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Wait a minute, you're in Las Vegas, how can you be bored. I have an idea. You need to go for a walk, and see what you may run into. Wink, wink. ;) ;)

eaglesfan_45
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Wait a minute, you're in Las Vegas, how can you be bored. I have an idea. You need to go for a walk, and see what you may run into. Wink, wink. ;) ;)

Being bored in Vegas is easy, especially when your under-aged ;)

DragonFireKai
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah but there is nothing to do so... we speculate. Plus, can you imagine what it would be like having 3 1st's?

It's rather have two firsts and Lito. Or Lito and Chad.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Being bored in Vegas is easy, especially when your under-aged ;)

Just don't get caught...

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2008, 06:21 AM
It's rather have two firsts and Lito. Or Lito and Chad.

I don't know, if someone offered a first for Lito, I would think that the Eagles should accept. Here is how I would like the most. Have Chad (or any of the other WRs) and a first. I would trade a first and Lito for Chad, Roy, or Anquan.

eaglesfan_45
05-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Do the Eagles want a true #1 WR or do they want a playmaker who can spread the field to team up w/ Jackson?
I get the feeling that they don't want a "true" #1 reciever, I get the feeling that the Eagles would rather spread a defense out with playmakers rather than get a guy who will catch a ball for 5 yards up the middle.

Sniper
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I miss T.O....Yeah I said it. Dude was a perfect fit for this offense. He could catch a three yard slant and turn into a 20 yard gain. Ugh wasted opportunity...

eaglesfan_45
05-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Eagles 2009 NFL Draft
* trade Lito Sheppard for a 1st

1st- Myron Rolle, S, Florida State- He is my favorite safety in the draft and he would be a perfect replacement. One scout called him the best safety to come out of college since Sean Taylor (R.I.P.)
1st- Jeremy Perry, OG, Oregon State- He would replace Andrews' spot at G when Andrews moves to LT, he is very fundamentally sound and he plays great in run and in pass play.
1st- Max Unger OT, Oregon- A versatile offensive lineman, he can play all 5 posistions but he has started at LT the past 2 years, he would be a good pick just because of his versatility.
2nd- Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State- a solid Wr who runs solid routes and is a big WR reminds me of Anthony Gonzalez (colts WR)
3rd- Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina- A big hitter who would allow Bradley to go back to SLB and I think that would improve the defense, GoCong in my opinion will be the weak link on defense.

DragonFireKai
05-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Eagles 2009 NFL Draft

1st- Myron Rolle, S, Florida State- He is my favorite safety in the draft and he would be a perfect replacement. One scout called him the best safety to come out of college since Sean Taylor (R.I.P.)
1st- Jeremy Perry, OG, Oregon State- He would replace Andrews' spot at G when Andrews moves to LT, he is very fundamentally sound and he plays great in run and in pass play.
1st- Max Unger OT, Oregon- A versatile offensive lineman, he can play all 5 posistions but he has started at LT the past 2 years, he would be a good pick just because of his versatility.
2nd- Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State- a solid Wr who runs solid routes and is a big WR reminds me of Anthony Gonzalez (colts WR)
3rd- Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina- A big hitter who would allow Bradley to go back to SLB and I think that would improve the defense, GoCong in my opinion will be the weak link on defense.

I like Rolle as a player, but I don't like where his head's at. Perry will likely be available in the second round. And Unger has no future in the NFL at tackle, and will likely slide into the 4th round or later. I don't like Robiske, but I do like Brinkley.

Instead, spend a first on either Heyward-Bey or Crabbtree, depending on who's available, the other on Travis Beckum. The second on Perry, the 3rd on Brinkley, and keep Lito.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Do the Eagles want a true #1 WR or do they want a playmaker who can spread the field to team up w/ Jackson?
I get the feeling that they don't want a "true" #1 reciever, I get the feeling that the Eagles would rather spread a defense out with playmakers rather than get a guy who will catch a ball for 5 yards up the middle.

I think that as of now they are happy with what they have. (Wow, that sounded a little Reid-esque) They have been trying to get that true #1 the whole off-season, but just weren't able to. I think if they had the opportunity to get the #1 WR, the Eagles would do so.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Eagles 2009 NFL Draft

I like most of those guys as of now, but I am still working to gain knowledge on all of the upcoming guys. It is hard to tell where everyone would go now, but like DFK said, I would rather spend a 1st on a WR, but remember this. It is very rare to see OGs go in the first round. I don't know exactly who would be around at that area, but I bet we would be able to go OG with a second rounder. I am also a fan of Travis Beckum, though I still think he has a lot to prove before he would be considered a premier TE. Brinkley is nice, but didn't he have a major injury to his knee? I think it was one of his -CLs or something. I agree that Gocong is the weakest LB, but I think he will continue improving and be a solid starter for us.

eaglesfan_45
05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Things the Eagles need to do this year-

1. Give Kolb garbage minutes when either the eagles are up big or they are down big. Begin to give him some experience.
2. Play Tony Hunt more as well, Eagles need him to bring his physical presence.
3. Move DeSean Jackson around the field alot and have him run alot of deep routes
4. Play LJ Smith in the Slot occasionally
5. Rotate along the line move DE's inside, move DT's outside etc.
6. Play Clemons all over the field, play him at LB and DE
7. Play FB by comitee use Kris Wilson, Jason Davis and Dan Klecko
8. Give all the young guys garbage minutes.
9. Rotate the Safeties, Bring in Demps on obvious pass plays, Mikell on obvious running plays and Considine for everything else.
10. Begin to work Justice and Andrews in at the tackle spots
11. Throw more exotic defensive and offensive sets at the opposistion.

Sniper
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM

1. Give Kolb garbage minutes when either the eagles are up big or they are down big. Begin to give him some experience.
3. Move DeSean Jackson around the field alot and have him run alot of deep routes
6. Play FB by comitee use Kris Wilson, Jason Davis and Dan Klecko
7. Give all the young guys garbage minutes.
8. Rotate the Safeties, Bring in Demps on obvious pass plays, Mikell on obvious running plays and Considine for everything else.
9. Begin to work Justice and Andrews in at the tackle spots
10. Throw more exotic defensive and offensive sets at the opposistion.

1. OK
2. He needs to learn to pass block first. Remember the Dallas game when he came in on third and short, completely went the wrong way on his pass block and allowed Ware to ape **** McNabb?
3. Not necessarily deep routes. In fact, I prefer giving him the ball quickly and allowing him to juke people.
4. Obviously. Dude's an overgrown slow receiver. He can't block.
5. Of course.
6a. (You have 2 #6) Ok.
6b. No thanks. One FB is enough.
7. Duh
8. Duh
9. Duh
10. Duh

Not bad though. I prefer this to your quadweekly mock drafts 350 days ahead of time.

eaglesfan_45
05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Speaking of the draft, I hope that the Eagles will trade the lower 1st round pick for a couple 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Go_Eagles77
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Why do we need so many picks? Quality over Quantity IMO, unless they get a deal they can't refuse like this year.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2008, 06:51 AM

7. Play FB by comitee use Kris Wilson, Jason Davis and Dan Klecko
8. Give all the young guys garbage minutes.
9. Rotate the Safeties, Bring in Demps on obvious pass plays, Mikell on obvious running plays and Considine for everything else.
10. Begin to work Justice and Andrews in at the tackle spots
11. Throw more exotic defensive and offensive sets at the opposistion.

1. Agree
2. Agree, as long as he learns to block better, if he makes the team.
3. Yes on moving him around the feild, but mix up his routes, not just long ones.
4. Yes, but only occasionally, I'd like to see Booker there a lot.
5. Agree, but we seem to do some of that already.
6. Yes, but only if he is up to it.
7. No, I don't want the FB spot to have two roster spots. Jason Davis there is fine, and maybe rotating Wilson in every once in a while, as he has some experience there.
8. Agree of course
9. Agree of course, almost all NFL teams do that to soem extent.
10. Yes on Justice if he is able to play it well. Yes on Andrews if that is truly what his future is, which I still have major questions over.
11. Yes of course, as long as we are able to execute tham.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Why do we need so many picks? Quality over Quantity IMO, unless they get a deal they can't refuse like this year.

Agreed. Though with the Eagles two firsts, I could see them trading up if both are later in the first.

brat316
05-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Agreed. Though with the Eagles two firsts, I could see them trading up if both are later in the first.

Only if the value is there or they really really want a player. Look at the cowboys and patriots of ester year they had 2 first didn't do much just traded up and down with the other first.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I wasn't saying it was a given, I was just saying it was a strong possibility.

eaglesfan_45
06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I found a site with the depth chart for all 32 teams with the player ratings. Heres the Eagles

Eagles Offense - http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/madden-09-player-ratings/eagleso.jpg

Eagles Defense - http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/madden-09-player-ratings/eaglesd.jpg

brat316
06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Bradley should be higher than Gocong

cunningham06
06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Tra Thomas is too high, Mike Patterson is too low. ^79 is fair since we only have a couple games to judge Bradley by.

Sniper
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Westbrook finally got his due though he's still too low. McGlynn is a 79? Not bad for a fourth round rookie. Celek is underrated.

Trent Cole getting some love. Hahahahahaha our corners are so dirty. 96, 93, 91 and then Dawkins at FS with a 92. Sickest DB corps? I think so. Mikell is nicely rated.

Also, our LB depth sucks.

eaglesfan_45
06-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Akeem Jordan should be about 10 points higher

Patterson and Bunkley should also be higher, they are a big reason why the defense was so good last year.

Abiamiri should be around a 77-79 overall

eaglesalltheway
06-02-2008, 06:54 AM
That is pretty fair on offense for the most part, but Kris wilson should be at least a 78, even though the player who will win our FB spot isn't even listed on there, Defense I have a few ?s. Bunkley and Patterson are 84s? Wow the people at Madden need to re-evaluate that one. Gocong is a 70? Granted he isn't anywhere near a Pro-Bowler, but he deserves to at least be in the upper 70s. Akeem Jordan should also be about eight points higher.

Go_Eagles77
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Actually Gocong is a 79.

bsaza2358
06-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Madden does not equate to actual field production. I don't think it's relevant personally. I guess it matters because you guys want to play with the Eagles in the game

eaglesalltheway
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Actually Gocong is a 79.

Oh, it looks like a 70 on my computer

Go_Eagles77
06-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Madden does not equate to actual field production. I don't think it's relevant personally. I guess it matters because you guys want to play with the Eagles in the game

Yeah, I like to check out the ratings but only because I'm going to be playing with them, if someone based how good players are by their rating in madden that would be pretty dumb.

eaglesalltheway
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I like to check out the ratings but only because I'm going to be playing with them, if someone based how good players are by their rating in madden that would be pretty dumb.

It wouldn't be pretty dumb, it would be REALLY dumb.

eaglesfan_45
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Another reason I think ratings on madden are intresting is because if a player is rated higher, the person playing notices that and a player gets some recognition and it helps them make a name for them selves. Granted on the field play is much (x1000) more important but unfotunately, most people aren't superfans like we are and they don't realize that some players are better in real life.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:27 AM
It is hard for some people to recognize that, but sometimes I think the people in charge of the ratings at madden go a little too far.

eaglesfan_45
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I think that this coming season/offseason is going to be a turning point in Eagles history.

Donovan McNabb, if he does bad or gets hurt again I think he is out as an Eagle
Brian Westbrook is nearing the dreaded RB age of 30
Reggie Brown, if he doesn't step up I think he is gone as well
LJ Smith if he doesn't do well, I don't think he gets re-signed
The two rocks on the o-line are getting older and could both be gone this off-season through free agency or retirement
Brian Dawkins is older and he could either retire or head into free agency
If Asante Samuel doesn't work out the Eagles are going to be stuck with a over-paid cornerback
Omar Gaither, Stewart Bradley and Chris Gocong are going to be key to the defense, if they do well they improve the defense greatly, if they do badly, they set the defense back alot.
If Abiamiri doesn't develop into the force the Eagles believe he can be, the Eagles have a hole at LE.
Andy Reid is on the hot-seat as the head coach and if the team does badly he could go. If that would happen that would potentially leave the Eagles learning new offensive and defensive systems.

Those 2 1st rounders are going to be extremely important in the future of the Eagles. They are most likely going to be used to replace 2 potential hall of fame players in Brian Dawkins and William Thomas.

cunningham06
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I think that this coming season/offseason is going to be a turning point in Eagles history.

The two rocks on the o-line are getting older and could both be gone this off-season through free agency or retirement
If Asante Samuel doesn't work out the Eagles are going to be stuck with a over-paid cornerback
Omar Gaither, Stewart Bradley and Chris Gocong are going to be key to the defense, if they do well they improve the defense greatly, if they do badly, they set the defense back alot.
If Abiamiri doesn't develop into the force the Eagles believe he can be, the Eagles have a hole at LE.
Andy Reid is on the hot-seat as the head coach and if the team does badly he could go. If that would happen that would potentially leave the Eagles learning new offensive and defensive systems.

Those 2 1st rounders are going to be extremely important in the future of the Eagles. They are most likely going to be used to replace 2 potential hall of fame players in Brian Dawkins and William Thomas.

People always say Andy Reid is on the hot-seat, but I really don't know why he is a great coach and we would be stupid to let him go. If we could just get him to have less input in offensive playcalls it would be perfect.

William Thomas has no shot at the HOF. He was a good player but did not dominate as is expected of HOF OT's. Dawkins has a good shot though.

eaglesalltheway
07-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Agreed, William Thomas was and is a great LT, but he isn't anywhere near the calibur of other HOF LTs. Dawkins is a HOFer in my book, no doubt, but we will definitely need to fill either a S or OT, if not both, with out first two picks this year.

Sniper
07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Agreed, William Thomas was and is a great LT, but he isn't anywhere near the calibur of other HOF LTs. Dawkins is a HOFer in my book, no doubt, but we will definitely need to fill either a S or OT, if not both, with out first two picks this year.

William Thomas is a very good LT. Great LTs make it to the HOF.

eaglesalltheway
07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
You synopsized the point I was trying to make very well, just with different adjectives and adverbs.

Sniper
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM

One by one...

McNabb- Obviously. Kevin Kolb isn't on the roster to pick flowers.

Westbrook- Might be near 30, but doesn't have the same amount of wear and tear as other elite backs who are around 30 do.

Brown- I'd like to see more consistency, but for a #2, he's adequate.

Smith- If he's gone, it likely means McNabb had a bad year, so I hope he isn't gone....in a way, because I don't like him.

OL- Justice will be fine at RT when these gentlemen leave, but we need a new LT badly. Let's pray for the Panthers to suck so we can grab an OL high.

Dawkins- There's a better chance of Tony Hunt rushing for 3,000 yards this year than Dawkins signing with another team. He will most likely retire, but he won't go to another team. But a FS is needed. Taylor Mays, come on down!

Samuel- He and Jim Johnson are a match made in heaven. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if he doesn't have a good year.

LB- 2/3 of that LB corps were on a defense that finished 9th in the league in scoring defense. Defense and the LBs will not be a problem. This season likely rides on an improved red zone offense.

Abiamiri- While I don't think he will ever be a 10-12 sack guy, he's a good rotational guy who can play the pass and the run equally. There's never a real "hole" at DE for the Eagles because of how many guys play it and the scheme.

Reid- He's not on the hot seat, though he should be. As long as Lurie is around, Reid will have a job if he wants it.

Sniper
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
You synopsized the point I was trying to make very well, just with different adjectives and adverbs.

I apologize. I find the word "great" is thrown around too often, that's all.

eaglesalltheway
07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
No need to apoligize man i wans't offended or anything. By the way, I agree with pretty much all of what you said in response to EF 45's statement.

eaglesfan_45
07-05-2008, 03:49 AM
I agree with most everything that sniper said, but there are so many things that COULD or MIGHT happen that would change the Eagles drastically.

eaglesfan_45
07-08-2008, 10:03 PM
How would you guys feel about an Eagles offensive re-building effort?
If the offense isn't getting it done how would you guys feel about getting rid of McNabb, Reggie Brown, LJ Smith and Brian Westbrook for a bundle of draft picks.

I wouldn't mind because, the future core of the offense is already on the team. Kevin Kolb, Lorenzo Booker, DeSean Jackson and Shawn Andrews. Maybe just try to get some young o-lineman, a #1 WR, some (depth) RBs and some draft picks.

Sniper
07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
If the offense isn't getting it done how would you guys feel about getting rid of Brian Westbrook for a bundle of draft picks.

You must be ******* joking.

Go_Eagles77
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
That's a horrible idea.

brat316
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Westbrooke is the only real offensive weapon the Eagles have. He gets more receptions than the WR and the most All purpose yards in the league. Why would you get rid of him.

If McNabb doesn't pan out this year sure you might get a second round pick for him. LJ is franchised I don't expect him to be back.

Brown is not going any where unless we can get a true #1.

DragonFireKai
07-08-2008, 11:56 PM
If the offense isn't getting it done how would you guys feel about getting rid of McNabb, Reggie Brown, LJ Smith and Brian Westbrook for a bundle of draft picks.

I wouldn't mind because, the future core of the offense is already on the team. Kevin Kolb, Lorenzo Booker, DeSean Jackson and Shawn Andrews. Maybe just try to get some young o-lineman, a #1 WR, some (depth) RBs and some draft picks.

Brown and Smith? Maybe. McNabb and Westbrook? You've lost your mind. I should find some way to punish you through the computer for such talk.

eaglesfan_45
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Hey, if the Eagles offense sucks and the Eagles have a mediocre record. I say begin to rebuild I wasn't completely serious. But I wouldn't mind a re-building effort. Westbrook would never go, but he would get the Eagles a hefty amount of players and draft picks. I would never expect or want it to happen but if it did, I wouldn't mind. It would be entertaining at least.

eaglesalltheway
07-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Brown and Smith? Maybe. McNabb and Westbrook? You've lost your mind. I should find some way to punish you through the computer for such talk.

Unfortunately the only way to punish him on the internet is through rep. Rep rape? Lets do it, onward to glory, aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! Seriously though join me in the rep rape.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Way to sneak in your -rep EF 45, but it only took out one point, boo hoo. To nswer your question, no I don't always give out rep, but I do give it when it is necessary, and with that idea, it was definitely necessary. To be honest, I am really beginning to question your overall knowledge and credibility. The thought has been in my mind that the two good threads that you started you probably got from somewhere else. I don't know what you think you are doing, but when you do things like blatant lies or complete ignorance, aor just a lock of actual knowledge, it doesn't go over well with the crowd, and in the regular society, not the internet, you would have serious difficulties with a broad spectrum of people. I don't appreciate your lies or ignorance, and I want it to stop. And if you do, you just may improve your situations with other posters and your rep.

Sniper
07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Westbrooke is the only real offensive weapon the Eagles have. He gets more receptions than the WR and the most All purpose yards in the league. Why would you get rid of him.

If McNabb doesn't pan out this year sure you might get a second round pick for him. LJ is franchised I don't expect him to be back.

Brown is not going any where unless we can get a true #1.

What the ****? Bhaarat learns to spell and write properly and now he's got massive neg rep?

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Such is the travesty of today's society.

cunningham06
07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Way to sneak in your -rep EF 45, but it only took out one point, boo hoo. To nswer your question, no I don't always give out rep, but I do give it when it is necessary, and with that idea, it was definitely necessary. To be honest, I am really beginning to question your overall knowledge and credibility. The thought has been in my mind that the two good threads that you started you probably got from somewhere else. I don't know what you think you are doing, but when you do things like blatant lies or complete ignorance, aor just a lock of actual knowledge, it doesn't go over well with the crowd, and in the regular society, not the internet, you would have serious difficulties with a broad spectrum of people. I don't appreciate your lies or ignorance, and I want it to stop. And if you do, you just may improve your situations with other posters and your rep.

Chill out man, so his idea was stupid big deal. You act like you're personally offended by his "lies and ignorance." And to be fair you aren't the most knowledgeable poster either, and spam like crazy with posts like "I agree" or "i was aware of that, but others are not" and "that's an interesting point."

What ef45 did in the sig creation thread was stupid as hell, but his posts apart from the trading Westbrook one aren't outrageously foolish.

I love how so many people judge their self-worth by their rep on this site. Who gives a **** if one of the many emo d-bags on this site gives you neg rep? I would rather not be like them then have their approval. Rep was the worst addition to this site, because it makes everyone into a rep *****.

So if you wanna neg rep me go ahead, I really don't care. The fact is you aren't that much better than ef45, so stop making so much drama about it.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't get personnally offended by anything EF 45 does, but it does p*ss me off, and it gets boring readign the same BS over and over again. He always switches his side so he sounds more intelligent. I will be the first one to say I am nowhere near the most intelligent poster on this site, but I will also say I am nothing like EF 45. I never put out blantant lies or BS my way through things. Its a waste of my time and everyone else's The whole one point -rep thing was a joke by the way, but whatever, I guess I really need to emphasise my jokes or something. Personally, I've got nothing against you either cunningham, but its not like I'm trying to start drama either. I'm not gonna -rep you because you are a good poster who doesn't bother anyone, and you haven't done anything like EF 45 does, at least to my knowledge anyway. But fine. Personnally, its not your battle, and whenever I call EF 45 on his BS (which happens a lot I might add) he disappears for a while and ignores it, hoping time will blow the lies away. Whatever, I'm not trying to sound liek an a**hole, but people who lie and stuff liek that p*ss me off. I know that there are many, many posters who are more knowledgeable than me, but I also know a lot more about football than many, many others as well. If you look back you will notice that whenever I call EF 45's BS, he vanishes or ignores the facts, and then goes on to his next idea. Whatever, thats his choice, but personnally, I think I should be talking to him about this, and not you cunningham. Personnally I agree that the whole rep thing is a dumb idea, but it is nice when there is another way for people to say thanks or whatever, so I can see how it serves a purpose there. Btu there are other ways where rep is good, and that is to show the people who can not be trusted. Obviously if you look at my rep, I really don't care much about it. Because if I did, it wouldn't be where it is now.
Edit: I think there are only about four or five people who I have -repped since that has been in existence. One of which being EF 45, and the other being TNewFan41 or whatever he was, and IMO, both deserved it each time they got it.

Sniper
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Who gives a **** about rep? I only use it mainly to send messages, unless something is really rep worthy.

So how bout those Eagles?

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Who gives a **** about rep? I only use it mainly to send messages, unless something is really rep worthy.

So how bout those Eagles?

Yeah I know, that pretty much all I ever use rep for. Unless someone says something very funny or very knowledgeable. Cunningham, just so you know, I have + repped EF 45 before, and he also deserved those too. By the way EF 45, if you have a problem with anything, come to me, if you don't want anyone else to know what goes on, PM me. I don't like being p*issed off at you but honestly, if you want to get things done so that we don't get in eachother's way, something needs to get done.

bsaza2358
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
There is no need for anyone to abuse the rep system or clutter up this board with needless bickering. We should all be creating a positive culture. If people aren't contributing like that, there is no need for them to be on here.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
That works for me. Still EF 45 if you have a problem with anything I said, talk to me and we can fix it. I just don't like it when people get in business other than their own. I'm not exactly in the best mood today, or the past few days, so I haven't exactly been helpful for the positive atmosphere.

eaglesfan_45
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
The reason I care about is because the people on this site judge you by the amount of rep you have. If you have massive amounts of +rep and you give out a stupid idea people are like "maybe" or "OK" but if you don't, you get the remarks I got on that QUESTION. Never in that post did I say that I wanted that to happen. I said I wouldn't mind.

I can't stand how you people, do nothing but sit around and say nothing but what you think is going to go over well with the nfldc "crowd". You never think outside the box. You never try to come up with crazy things you'd want your team to do. Instead, you sit around waiting for something to happen and when something does, the response is "I Like that move" or "that was stupid". All your answers are almost pre-made. You never use any imagination, you have no opinions except for the boring text book opinions.

So, excuse me for thinking and coming up with some crazy stuff. Excuse me for trying to have some fun. Have fun discussing your regular boring ****.

Sniper
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Trading Brian Westbrook isn't "thinking outside the box", it's just being ********.

camp_eagles
07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
So getting back to EAGLES discussion I read somewhere that Matt Jones will most likely get cut by the Jags. I know he got busted for coke but I wouldnt be against Philly bringing him in to compete for a roster spot. I remember hearing that Philly was trying really hard to trade ahead of the Jags on draft day to get him so thats why I was thinking about it.

cunningham06
07-14-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't think he will ever pan out as a WR because he doesn't have the drive to really work at it. He certainly has the tools to dominate, but he is one of the most unmotivated individuals I've ever seen.

I don't think that the Jags should have put him at WR, he probably would have turned out better as a qb.

eaglesalltheway
07-14-2008, 07:07 AM
I know he was being looked at as a TE when entering the draft, but I realy don't know all too much about him. Would he be a good fit at either WR or TE for us. I'm not suggesting we sign him as a TE, but would he work as a TE in the NFL, or does he lack necessary blocking tools and the correct route running, etc. to succeed as a TE in the NFL? If not, are those things he would be capable of doing eventually?

eaglesalltheway
07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't think he will ever pan out as a WR because he doesn't have the drive to really work at it. He certainly has the tools to dominate, but he is one of the most unmotivated individuals I've ever seen.

I don't think that the Jags should have put him at WR, he probably would have turned out better as a qb.

Personnnally, I think it would have been a bigger hit to thier franchise if they would have tried to put him at QB. He was actually a decent receiver for a littel if I remember correctly. Just think, if the Jags would have had him as a QB, they definitely wouldn't be near the successthey are at heading into this year. They had a successful playoff team last year with David Garrard, and look to be one of the top 5 or 6 teams to possibly make it to the superbowl. Besides, I think it would be a bigger loss to the franchise fi their starting QB would get caught with cocaine than a WR, because of the simple fact that the QB position is more important than the WR position. And like you said also, I'd rather have a lazy WR, than a lazy QB, no matter what the skill-set.

eaglesalltheway
07-14-2008, 07:20 AM
The reason I care about is because the people on this site judge you by the amount of rep you have. If you have massive amounts of +rep and you give out a stupid idea people are like "maybe" or "OK" but if you don't, you get the remarks I got on that QUESTION. Never in that post did I say that I wanted that to happen. I said I wouldn't mind.

I can't stand how you people, do nothing but sit around and say nothing but what you think is going to go over well with the nfldc "crowd". You never think outside the box. You never try to come up with crazy things you'd want your team to do. Instead, you sit around waiting for something to happen and when something does, the response is "I Like that move" or "that was stupid". All your answers are almost pre-made. You never use any imagination, you have no opinions except for the boring text book opinions.

So, excuse me for thinking and coming up with some crazy stuff. Excuse me for trying to have some fun. Have fun discussing your regular boring ****.
Just so you know, and you can beleive this or not, but rep matters almost nothing in my opinion of a poster. I look at how many posts they have becuase that is a sign of them being around for a while and for the most part, people with a large amount of posts are at least good posters, some of which are the best in the site, but of course, there are exceptions to the rules. I usually don't even look at rep at all when I read a post, and I go by just the singular post alone. I have no problem thinking outside the box, but when there is absolutley no chance of the subject actually happening, I find it useless and a waste of time. I like ideas out of left field, and I encourage you to bring some, but when they are too outlandish or have no possibility of going on, ti really serves no purpose.

cunningham06
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Personnnally, I think it would have been a bigger hit to thier franchise if they would have tried to put him at QB. He was actually a decent receiver for a littel if I remember correctly. Just think, if the Jags would have had him as a QB, they definitely wouldn't be near the successthey are at heading into this year. They had a successful playoff team last year with David Garrard, and look to be one of the top 5 or 6 teams to possibly make it to the superbowl. Besides, I think it would be a bigger loss to the franchise fi their starting QB would get caught with cocaine than a WR, because of the simple fact that the QB position is more important than the WR position. And like you said also, I'd rather have a lazy WR, than a lazy QB, no matter what the skill-set.

He was ok in 06, but his motor has run hot and cold since he came into the NFL. What I think might be his problem is that he is discouraged when he doesn't get the ball. I seem to remember him complaining to the coaches about not getting the ball enough.

If he was a qb, maybe he would be happier, for one since it's his natural position, and two because he would be able to make plays more often. With his speed he could be like a less agile Mike Vick. and his 6'6 size would be helpful too. I just think that coaches saw his measurables and decided that he was so athletic that his speed and size would be a waste as a qb.

eaglesalltheway
07-15-2008, 06:16 AM
I still think having a QB with a bad work ethic is worse than having a WR with a bad work ethic, but there is no guarantee that if he would have been a QB that his work ethic would be better. And this is true, the Jags are in a much better position now than if Jones would be their QB. So in terms of the team, I think it was the right decision to have him at WR.

camp_eagles
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I remember mel kiper saying that he doesn't have the arm strength to play QB in the NFL

eaglesalltheway
07-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Anybody know the latest on any position Batttles? FB, SS, and things of the sort?

bsaza2358
07-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the Eagles tried to move up to get Matt Jones in that 2005 draft. Given the results, I'm glad they got Patterson and Reggie Brown.

eaglesalltheway
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
I too am glad if that was the case. If we would have gone after him, we would have had a WR about as equal as Brown, maybe worse, and we wouldn't have a great DT, so given the results, I am glad we weren't able to trade up for him.

cunningham06
07-20-2008, 06:53 PM
The Redskins just traded for Jason Taylor, giving up a 2nd rounder and a 6th. DAMN.

eaglesfan_45
07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Not that worried to be honest. Taylor doesn't make them a contender. I think the 'skins finish last in the division this year.
-Campell has to learn a new system
-Moss and Randle El aren't #1 WRs in Zorn's WCO. They are "straight-line" guys who are deep threats but in a WCO the passing game is based off of shortpasses and getting YAC. The 2 best fits are rookies.
-The Defense doesn't scare me at all, the DT position is weak on the Redskins, and SS isn't great.

Yeah thats a nice aquisistion, but really its a one and done deal, it won't affect future plans whatsoever.

eaglesalltheway
07-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Not that worried to be honest. Taylor doesn't make them a contender. I think the 'skins finish last in the division this year.
-Moss and Randle El aren't #1 WRs in Zorn's WCO. They are "straight-line" guys who are deep threats but in a WCO the passing game is based off of shortpasses and getting YAC. The 2 best fits are rookies.
-The Defense doesn't scare me at all, the DT position is weak on the Redskins, and SS isn't great.

Yeah thats a nice aquisistion, but really its a one and done deal, it won't affect future plans whatsoever.

I too am not really all that worried about this. Taylor came from a 3-4 if I am not mistaken and was an OLB, and now is going to a 4-3. Which DE spot will he fill? There are some doubts in my mind if he will be as successful as he was in Miami, and besides the scheme switch, his age is way up there. I think Miami really had a deal on this one. A second rounder would still be a steal for me, but then the added 6th makes it worse for the skins. Taylor is a good player, but he is very close to retirement, and the skins gave waaaay too much for him in my opinion. Typical Daniel Snyder move. As for your other statements...
Campbell will be in a new system, but I think he has the potential to be a good NFL QB, I am a littel worried about what he could do to be honest.
It is true the skins don't have a prototypical #1 WCO on their team, but the Eagels have had success in the passing game with the same type of WRs. Donte Stallworth isn't exactly a WCO WR, but he worked for us. Moss is still a very good WR, I wouldn't put him down too much.
Most of the defense doesn't worry me either, but Laron Landry does scare me. From what I here from skins fans, he is working out at both Safety spots, and the position the coaches think he will work out at best is where he will paly, so either FS or SS. What I am trying to say is that yes one of the Redskins Safeties will be a weakness, but it may be FS is the coaches decide they want Landry at SS.

eaglesfan_45
07-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Just a few sidenotes here:
Brian Westbrook has hired a new agent :/
Lito Sheppard has hired Drew Rosenhaus :eek:

Go_Eagles77
07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
DeSean Jackson signed

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15671

cunningham06
07-21-2008, 12:07 AM

You're kidding here right? Santana Moss is one of the shiftiest players I have ever seen. His cuts are explosive and when healthy he turns short slants or screens to the house. He can run deep routes but he is no one trick pony. Randle El is the same way but not nearly as polished a WR. His cutting ability is his greatest strength, thus he is a great punt return man as well. So while they are not perfect #1's for the WCO it is not for the reasons you mentioned. And after drafting Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas the Redskins WR's are very formidable.

Cornelius Griffin is inconsistent, but can be a great player, but overall the DT position is weak. Jason Taylor and Andre Carter will be a dangerous one two punch.

That's the good thing about the deal, Taylor won't have a long term effect.

cunningham06
07-21-2008, 12:21 AM
I too am not really all that worried about this. Taylor came from a 3-4 if I am not mistaken and was an OLB, and now is going to a 4-3. Which DE spot will he fill? There are some doubts in my mind if he will be as successful as he was in Miami, and besides the scheme switch, his age is way up there. I think Miami really had a deal on this one. A second rounder would still be a steal for me, but then the added 6th makes it worse for the skins. Taylor is a good player, but he is very close to retirement, and the skins gave waaaay too much for him in my opinion. Typical Daniel Snyder move. As for your other statements...
Campbell will be in a new system, but I think he has the potential to be a good NFL QB, I am a littel worried about what he could do to be honest.
It is true the skins don't have a prototypical #1 WCO on their team, but the Eagels have had success in the passing game with the same type of WRs. Donte Stallworth isn't exactly a WCO WR, but he worked for us. Moss is still a very good WR, I wouldn't put him down too much.
Most of the defense doesn't worry me either, but Laron Landry does scare me. From what I here from skins fans, he is working out at both Safety spots, and the position the coaches think he will work out at best is where he will paly, so either FS or SS. What I am trying to say is that yes one of the Redskins Safeties will be a weakness, but it may be FS is the coaches decide they want Landry at SS.

Last year Taylor played a bit of both OLB and DE in the dolphins hybrid D. The great majority of his career, Taylor has been a 4-3 DE. He is a RE, but may be moved to LE, or Carter to LE. Either way I'm sure the Skins will find a way to get them both on the field at the same time.

That kind of pass rush will help out their secondary greatly, so we will see about their defense. Definitely a boom or bust team this season.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 06:18 AM
That's the good thing about the deal, Taylor won't have a long term effect.

I know that is one of the reasons I think Miami got away with one here. The skins will only have Taylor for two or three years.

bsaza2358
07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Taylor will be an impact player for the Skins. With their injury situation already, they added a pro bowler. The guy can flat rush the passer. He has 100.5 sacks in the past 9 seasons. That is incredible production. Even at 34, he is an impact guy. Very concerning.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 12:00 PM
But they gave up a lot for him, and there are a lot of questions I have about how this will work out. I know he is one of the most prolific pass rushers in NFL history, but I think combined witht he rest of his defense it won't be much better than his situation in Miami. That is not to say I think the Skins will have a season like Miami did last year, but The skins only have one really good player on their defense besides Taylor, and that is Landry. They have decent corners, but after that, the rest of the defense is weak.

bsaza2358
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
They likely overpaid, but if he gets them to the playoffs this year and/or next, it was worth it. Impact player for a second round pick. Good deal for Miami, but the Skins got easily the best available DE. Taylor should fulfill the rest of his contract. He also goes to a contender. I'm not thrilled that the Skins made this deal. It makes them better.

bigbluedefense
07-21-2008, 12:04 PM
The NFC East knows how to rush the passer. We might be the best pass rushing division in football.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Well even though I think the Phins pulled a fast one here, we really can't say how fair of a trade this ends up being until about 5 years after the Phins' picks. So even though I think The skins gave up too much, it now depends on what the Dolphins do with those picks. With Bill Parcells, and a Parcells-like guy running things down there, there ais a good chance that those picks will turn out well. Most likely this upcoming second rounder, and less likely, 2010 6th rounder. Still if Miami gets a star in either of those picks, Miami will look very smart with that trade. But if Taylor succeeds, and most importantly, the Skins succeed, and the Phins picks result in busts or flops, this trade will be heavbily in the Skins favor. But for now we don't know for sure. So there really is no way to know right now, though it seems as if Miami got the better deal for now.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
The NFC East knows how to rush the passer. We might be the best pass rushing division in football.

Look at all of the rankings threads, we challenge for best everything in football.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Well it seems the Giants have traded Jeremy Shockey. They got a second and fifth rounder for him so it seems to be a little bit of a fair trade. I'm glad our D won't have to face someone as talented as him as much. He never really blew apart our defense, except for a few games, but for the most part, the D kept him in check. Still not having to face that type of talent is nice.

eaglesfan_45
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Wooo! The Eagles might not have the worst TE in the Division! YES!

But seriously, that Saints Offense is going to be a ***** to deal with if everything goes right for them. If Reggie Bush can have a good year and Duece makes a comeback, their running game will be set. If Robert Meachem can develop into a good #2 or #3 then the Saints are good to go at WR. Shockey obviously adresses the TE situation.

BTW, 2 big moves in the NFC East the past 2 days, I get the feeling that its only a matter of time before Lito goes. I really want him to stay.

Eaglez.Fan
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Deuce won't see the field much. But yeah the Saints will be good.

eaglesfan_45
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
15 minutes until they start broadcasting TC live over Eagles homepage

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
LJ is a good TE but not anywhere near Cooley or Witten, and it still remains to be seen what Boss can develop into, but Giants fans say that Boss is tearing up their off-season. I don't know if Lito will go. I haven't heard any increased news on it, but it is possible. I still doubt it is plikely, but who knows. I doubt the Eagles trade Lito away just because there was activity in the division though, because the Eagles really aren't known for those type of knee-jerk reactions.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
15 minutes until they start broadcasting TC live over Eagles homepage

I'm gonna be going to the actual camp on weekends hopefully. I definitely want to make it to at least one or two this year, but since it is free, I may be there more. I live 20 minutes from Lehigh, so I think I will be going. I haven't gone to one yet, so I think I'm due.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Well, all rooks are signed. Laws signs a four year deal. Won't participate in the Rookie camp with foot injury, but will be back in a few days. Bryan Smith gets an MRI on his hamstring, we'll see what happens with that.

bigbluedefense
07-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I still don't get why the Eagles want to let go of Lito. In today's NFL, having 3 stud CBs is a priceless commodity. Especially when you blitz as much as Johnson does.

And longterm, wasn't there talks of moving Brown to FS? So problem solved right?

Eaglez.Fan
07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
As far as I know the eagles don't want to let go of Lito more so Lito wants out of either his contract or Philly in general.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I still don't get why the Eagles want to let go of Lito. In today's NFL, having 3 stud CBs is a priceless commodity. Especially when you blitz as much as Johnson does.

And longterm, wasn't there talks of moving Brown to FS? So problem solved right?

See above for Lito
The Sheldon move was something that people were speculating aobut, but I don't think it really had any wheels to it. I think Brown will stay a CB, as he should.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
The Eagles have adopted this stance for the CBs: The best will play. That leads me to beleive that Lito and Sheldon are fighting for the RCB position. Contrasting styles there but two very good CBs either way. Combine that with Samuel and either duo would make a great staritng group of CBs. That really isn't as big of a deal as one would belive though, as all three CBs will see plenty of playing time.

eaglesfan_45
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Reading the Eagles training camp review, it said that DeSean Jackson is becoming a favorite target of McNabb. The coaches are apparently excited about him too.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15681
Speaking of coaches that are fun to watch, wide receivers coach David Culley really gets into it. He's particularly excited with DeSean Jackson, who runs a perfect curl route. "Now explode!" Culley yells to him.

Thats good news but of course this IS Dave Spadaro. :/

Quintin Demps played some CB today, thats interesting. :/

Shaheer McBride and Michael Gasperson are making some noise, sleepers to make the team at WR.
Shaheer McBride WR 6-2 205 Delaware State (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/ShaheerMcBride.html)
Michael Gasperson WR 6-4 230 Univ. of San Diego (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/MichaelGasperson.html)

DeSean Jackson split time at PR with Quintin Demps. I think those 2 are going to make the biggest impact as Rookies.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow I really like how they did that, I hope they do things like that every day, as I have work during the week and will only be able to go to weekend practices when I have free time.

eaglesfan_45
07-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Reading through alot of blogs, predictions etc. etc, I realize that 99.9% of people don't think the Eagles are any good. I saw one where the Eagles lose their opener to RAMS yes, thats right folks the RAMS. The Eagles are the modern kings of the NFC, they're always in the playoff hunt the past 10 years, but I'll readily admit that we're probably not the best team in our division, but the Eagles are no joke, the Eagles aren't the pushover team that some make them out to be.

The only team that I think is better than the Eagles in the division are the Cowboys (as much as it pains me to say that). McNabb has looked good in TC so far and is developing chemistry with DeSean Jackson. For the 1st time in a long time the Eagles have a completely healthy McNabb in camp and when McNabb isn't injured, he can play with the best of 'em.

Westbrook is a Top talent in the NFL and he is an ideal fit for a WCO. People think that he is fragile and that when he goes down the Eagles are done for. Not True, Lorenzo Booker is Westbrook Jr. and Corell Buckhalter is more than servicable as a back-up.

People say, oh, do the Eagles even have any WR? Umm... Yes and while they aren't the greatest they are more than servicable. Kevin Curtis is a nice fit in a WCO and while Reggie Brown hasn't developed into that #1 WR that he was supposed to be he is still a solid #2. The Eagles criminally underuse Jason Avant. DeSean is the star of pre-vet. TC. So, yes the Eagles to have WRs.

LJ Smith is a one trick pony but he is a good one trick pony. He has only been a half-step behind Shockey statistically. There is also really good depth at TE in Celek, Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel.

OTs are getting older but that doesn't mean they're getting worse. They are still very good players. The Eagles have one of the premier G in the NFL in Shawn Andrews. Todd Herramens and Jammaal Jackson are good starters. Depth is also very good with the exception of LT.

The DEs are arguably better than the Giants. The Eagles are set a DE and could go into the season carrying 6 on the roster. Trent Cole is a rising star and is already a pro-bowl player. Victor Abiamiri has alot of potential on the left side. Jaqua Thomas is a top-notch back-up, and Chris Clemons is an ideal situational pass rusher. Darren Howard can't be ruled out, he has re-invented himself this offseason. Oh, and lets not forget Eagles 3rd round choice Bryan Smith.

The Eagles are one of the best at DT in the NFL and the best part is that they are all young. Broderick Bunkley could develop into an all-pro player at RDT and Mike Patterson is a brick-wall at DT he racks up a bunch of tackles and is a future pro-bowler. Then you throw Trevor Laws in there, and the Eagles have one of the best DT rotations.

While largely unproven the LBers look promising. Stewart Bradley has all the makings of a pro-bowler. Omar Gaither is a playmaker at WLB. Chris Gocong has quitely developed in to a viable option at SLB. Depth is questionable to say the least. If everything goes right the Eagles could have the best front 7 in the NFL.

The Secondary is top-class with 4 star players in the backfield. Asante Samuel is a playmaker, Sheldon Brown is physical and Lito is shut down when healthy. Brian Dawkins may be getting older but he still plays with passion, heart and wreckless abandon. SS is questionable but everything can't be perfect can it? Sean Considine is a smart player who is good while on the field but he can't seem to stay on the field due to injury. Quintin Mikell is liability in Pass Coverage but is good against the run.

Overall, the Eagles have the potential to make the super-bowl. I'm tired of all this Eagles are going to suck talk.

eaglesfan_45
07-23-2008, 05:10 AM
3 users on right now, beat you EATW. You said the fewest you've seen is 5. (Fenicks, Renji, Me)

edit: make that 2 users (Me, REnji)

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Reading through alot of blogs, predictions etc. etc, I realize that 99.9% of people don't think the Eagles are any good. I saw one where the Eagles lose their opener to RAMS yes, thats right folks the RAMS. The Eagles are the modern kings of the NFC, they're always in the playoff hunt the past 10 years, but I'll readily admit that we're probably not the best team in our division, but the Eagles are no joke, the Eagles aren't the pushover team that some make them out to be.

The only team that I think is better than the Eagles in the division are the Cowboys (as much as it pains me to say that). McNabb has looked good in TC so far and is developing chemistry with DeSean Jackson. For the 1st time in a long time the Eagles have a completely healthy McNabb in camp and when McNabb isn't injured, he can play with the best of 'em.

Westbrook is a Top talent in the NFL and he is an ideal fit for a WCO. People think that he is fragile and that when he goes down the Eagles are done for. Not True, Lorenzo Booker is Westbrook Jr. and Corell Buckhalter is more than servicable as a back-up.

People say, oh, do the Eagles even have any WR? Umm... Yes and while they aren't the greatest they are more than servicable. Kevin Curtis is a nice fit in a WCO and while Reggie Brown hasn't developed into that #1 WR that he was supposed to be he is still a solid #2. The Eagles criminally underuse Jason Avant. DeSean is the star of pre-vet. TC. So, yes the Eagles to have WRs.

LJ Smith is a one trick pony but he is a good one trick pony. He has only been a half-step behind Shockey statistically. There is also really good depth at TE in Celek, Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel.

OTs are getting older but that doesn't mean they're getting worse. They are still very good players. The Eagles have one of the premier G in the NFL in Shawn Andrews. Todd Herramens and Jammaal Jackson are good starters. Depth is also very good with the exception of LT.

The DEs are arguably better than the Giants. The Eagles are set a DE and could go into the season carrying 6 on the roster. Trent Cole is a rising star and is already a pro-bowl player. Victor Abiamiri has alot of potential on the left side. Jaqua Thomas is a top-notch back-up, and Chris Clemons is an ideal situational pass rusher. Darren Howard can't be ruled out, he has re-invented himself this offseason. Oh, and lets not forget Eagles 3rd round choice Bryan Smith.

The Eagles are one of the best at DT in the NFL and the best part is that they are all young. Broderick Bunkley could develop into an all-pro player at RDT and Mike Patterson is a brick-wall at DT he racks up a bunch of tackles and is a future pro-bowler. Then you throw Trevor Laws in there, and the Eagles have one of the best DT rotations.

While largely unproven the LBers look promising. Stewart Bradley has all the makings of a pro-bowler. Omar Gaither is a playmaker at WLB. Chris Gocong has quitely developed in to a viable option at SLB. Depth is questionable to say the least. If everything goes right the Eagles could have the best front 7 in the NFL.

The Secondary is top-class with 4 star players in the backfield. Asante Samuel is a playmaker, Sheldon Brown is physical and Lito is shut down when healthy. Brian Dawkins may be getting older but he still plays with passion, heart and wreckless abandon. SS is questionable but everything can't be perfect can it? Sean Considine is a smart player who is good while on the field but he can't seem to stay on the field due to injury. Quintin Mikell is liability in Pass Coverage but is good against the run.

Overall, the Eagles have the potential to make the super-bowl. I'm tired of all this Eagles are going to suck talk.

That is a pretty good evaluation there, and I can't see how we lose to the Rams, even though they are healthy. I agree with your assesment of the LBs. Especially Stewart and Gocong. I may be going out on a limb here, but the Eagles may have the best secondary in the NFL right now. We have one weak spot, and beleive it or not, it isn't that weak at all.
Edit, oh yeah, The proper name for Bunkley's position is Nose Tackle, or NDT, not RDT. Though Bunkley usually is on the right hand side and Patterson on the left, it really goes by how close the two DTs are to the center. Bunkley is usually the one lined up the most inside, usually on the C or in the C-G gap, and Patterson is either lined up one the guard or in the G-T gap. NTs can also be called 1 techniques (though this varies with how the play asks you to shade) and UT are called the 3 technique (also varies).

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Undrafted rookie FB Jed Collins seems to be having hsi name mentioned a lot so far. He seems to have good hands and runs well. Perhaps he is the FB who goes on to the Practice Squad?

brat316
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Anyone else having a problem trying to watch training camp. I tried to watch it at 1:00 today it didn't work. Whats the link you guys use

Go_Eagles77
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm watching it on the philadlephiaeagles.com home page and it's working fine.

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
If that doesn't work for you the blog about practice is great and I will be checking that out every day, if they have one every day that is.

eaglesfan_45
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Westbrook is hinting at a hold out. He is asking for 30 million over the next 3 years and to do so he hired Nate Clements agent. If you don't remember, Nate Clements got a monster contract las off-season that many don't believe he is worthy of. Yikes, not a good situation at all. Westbrook is the Eagles best player. Eagles don't exactly have the best history with contract disputes i.e. TO, Trotter, Staley etc. etc.

Lito just hired Drew Rosenhous as his agent and is also asking for a new contract.

Tribute to Reno Mahe lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQDKcvZvgLk&eurl=http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/

Go_Eagles77
07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
LOL in a way I'll miss Reno always cheering on the team from the sidelines, he was a good guy. It's still weird to me that we are going from someone like Reno at Punt Returner to DeSean Jackson. Based on athleticism they aren't in the same league.

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Loves the vid EF 45, but who have you heard from that Westy is going to hold out. All I've heard is that there is greater than a 90% chance he shows.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 03:44 AM
Thats coming from Andy Reid, who isn't exactly one to tell you the true situation. He will just say " I expect him to be here and thats that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3501538
But keeping the No. 1 option happy will be tricky. Westbrook, who led the league in yards from scrimmage last season, wants a new deal. The Eagles want to reward him. But negotiations have been slow, and frustrating, and -- given the Eagles' history of nasty contract disputes with Terrell Owens, Jeremiah Trotter, Duce Staley and others -- could easily poison the Reid-McNabb 10th anniversary celebration.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2008/07/pay-westbrook-like-ldt.html

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2008/7/23/577305/eagles-notes-donovan-mcnab

also, I said he is hinting, meaning it is posible.

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 06:29 AM
I guess you need to be more careful with your word choice then, because to me, "hinting at" means that it actually came from Westy, not a possibility that was stated form somewhere else. I too am guilty of poor choice of words at times. Either way, I still expect him to be here. I've been keeping my eye out for any Limos or nice cars over the past few days, but I never expect to see anything like that. One of my friends met Jevon Kearse at a Subway a few years back. She said he had one of the deepest voices she ever heard, lol. Weather is pretty crappy here right now. We had at least three storms last evening and overnight, and forcasts say more rain is possible until noon. The morning practice may get pushed indoors if that is the case.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 02:12 PM
god I wish it rained in Vegas :( but instead we get 110 degree heat :(

brat316
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM

at least it dry heat and its not humid. Its 99 here but because its so humid everything is just sticky and making everything hotter

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM

But at least you don't have to worry about hurricanes or blizzards. Really the only thing to worry about out there is extreme drought and flash flooding when it does rain, correct?

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 03:38 PM
It didn't rain here anyway, but I'm sure most who checked on the Eagles page already know that. Practice must have gone off without a hitch. I haven't had the opportunity to check the site yet. PFT has a report that Shawn Andrews could hold out, but that is hard to beleive for me.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Practice moved inside due to the rain from last night.

Must have been really muddy and slippery out there. One thing I found weird, there isn't a internet connection inside, but there is one outside?

brat316
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM

Must have been really muddy and slippery out there. One thing I found weird, there isn't a internet connection inside, but there is one outside?

I think when they do it inside then they can do a closed practice. Run some secret plays.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Like I said in the hold-out thread,

Shawn is priority #1 in my book, more important than even Westbrook.

Andrews is a beast on the line and one of the premier OG in the league, without him the line is nothing but average. Not only that but if the Eagles can't get a LT of the future guess who gets the job? Shawn Andrews. Not a good situation for the Eagles. I'd bet he is looking for Alan Faneca and Steve Hutchinson type money, ugh.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I think when they do it inside then they can do a closed practice. Run some secret plays.

open to the media though...

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
But at least you don't have to worry about hurricanes or blizzards. Really the only thing to worry about out there is extreme drought and flash flooding when it does rain, correct?

Yeah but that never happens, it NEVER rains, and if it does it rains for 10 min. and the rain isn't measurable.

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Yeah, we had 3+ inches of rain in the area yesterday and last night. Not really surprised about that.

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah but that never happens, it NEVER rains, and if it does it rains for 10 min. and the rain isn't measurable.

Yeah but when you do get a decent rain out there, it must be like a monsoon would be out here. I mean the ground is so used to the dryness it rejects the rain. I saw a thing on Discovery (I htink) where a flood in Vegas destroyed a lot of homes and properties, but only a small amount of rain (by most climatological standards) fell, I think it as about .75 inches or something like that.

eaglesfan_45
07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8097dae6&template=with-video&confirm=true

Eagles here is your chance to act! DO IT! Anqaun Boldin would be an amazinf fit in our offense. GET HIM NOW!

brat316
07-25-2008, 01:02 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8097dae6&template=with-video&confirm=true

Eagles here is your chance to act! DO IT! Anqaun Boldin would be an amazinf fit in our offense. GET HIM NOW!

He is going to play just not resign he can;t really holdout seeing as he is under contract. Maybe next year they can make a move for him but this year I don;t think so.

eaglesfan_45
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh, If Boldin were to come to Philly I would be the happiest person alive.

He had his best seasons in the NFL as a WR in a WCO, he is an ideal fit in the WCO.

Anquan Boldin's the ideal player, great hands, great routes, and just beastly with the ball.

B]Receiver play:[/B] Wideouts in the West Coast offense obviously have to run very precise and sharp routes with the ability to separate from opposing defensive backs. What may be even more important, however, is the ability to make plays after the catch. This was a big reason why someone such as wide receiver Terrell Owens (Dallas Cowboys) was such a big-time player in the system.

Boldin is better after the catch than any of those receivers outside of TO, and he's a better route runner and blocker than TO.

eaglesalltheway
07-25-2008, 06:13 AM
The thought had entered my mind, but I doubt it actually goes through, at least before the season anyway. Maybe come draft time we could work a deal for him, and then our skill players will be set for a LONG time. In all honesty if we could land Boldin at any point in the next two years, our offense would be set for the next 6-8 years, as long as we take care of the OT situation. We would have to give up at least one of our first rounders though, maybe more, but with so little time left on his contract, I wouldn't expect anyone giving up more than a first rounder for Anquan. All speculation though, so I say we hold off on too much of this and cross the bridge when we get there.

camp_eagles
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
apparently the Eagles wanted to trade Shawn Andrews Which is just dumb.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/25/eagles-considered-trading-andrews/

eaglesalltheway
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
This is not true. I think it is just something for people to get their name out on. Andrews being "emotional" as an excuse is plain baffling. He was upset because he was injured, he wasn't tearing apart the team or bashing coaches, or anything of the sort. I'm not worried at all about this.

Eaglez.Fan
07-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Thank god. Lito and B-West arrive at camp. And Lito says he's focused on proving he's a starter. (from the official site btw)

eaglesfan_45
07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I would thank god, but Shawn Andrews didn't show up so......

eaglesfan_45
07-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Pads go on today! Yes, now we get to see some hitting.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm pissed I have an eye doctor appointment at noon I wanted to watch the practice.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 11:10 AM
I saw it GE 77. I got there at about five of 8:00, and the stands were packed. I got a good spot right in front of the O-linemen drills though. It was the first one I've been to, and I am going back at every opportunity. I may go back this afternoon, I haven't decided, but I know for sure I am going back tomorrow morning. I'm a little upset, because I got a ticket for autographs, and my ticket was ONE number away from being in row two for autographs. It was free though, so not much to complain about. I was really looking forward to talkin to Gaither, Gocong, and Braldey today (even if would have just been a hello and how are u doin), but there will be other opportunities. There is so much I can talk about, there is a booth where you can go in and talk about why you are an Eagles fan, whos your favorite player, etc. I was right by that listening to some people, but didn't do one myself. I might, it woudl be cool having a video of me on the team site, or on TV or the jumbotron at the stadium. There were two kids in the booth arguing, becuase one was a Steelers fan, it was classic. Its a good thing the kids were friends, otherwise I thinkthey would have killed eachother, haha. There was a guy interviewing people for his blog, asking about contract situations and thigns of the sort, but he didn't interview me, but I definitely would have spoken with him. I took a couple of pics, most of which are bad, so I deleted them from my phone, but it was definitiely cool. At the start, when I was watching the linemen drills, I really noticed a lot. MJG is very heavy, moreso than I expected actually, but it doesn't slow him down at all. Big Jon Runyan has that name for a reason. Todd Herremans definitley has the physique of a tackle, and King Dunlap is freakin' HUGE. He has got to be at least 6'8. However tall Runyan is, Dunlap is one or two inches taller. Dunlap also looks very, very athletic. He is quick on his feet. I don't know how much he weighs, but he is trim. It honestly doesn't look like an OT out on the field, it looks like a basketball player. He handles speed well, but got outpowered sometimes, which can be helped with more weight training. Mike McGlynn is also heavy looking, but in one on one drills with the defense, he held his own. Winston Justice seemed to be doing a lot of slide stepping to his RIGHT, which tells me he has been moved to RT as backup, instead of LT. Him and Bunkley had some good battles, and Trent Cole wasn't exactly blowing by him either. I think that Justice may have a birght future at RT, he was doing very well today. Of course he was getting beat, but not often at all. Goncong must have done soemthing during the off-season, because he was shedding blockers like it was nobodies business. Expect him to contribute, he was doing very well from what I saw. There was a kid next to me who saw Stewart Bradley, and said, "wow, he is big", and no truer atatement has ever been uttered. To be honest, Bradley and King Dunlap have the exact same body style. Both are tall and lean, and Bradley was doing well today as well. Rocky Boiman has the most messed up hair I've ever seen. I'm not sure if his hair is normally how it looks, but it almost look like someone was trying to dye his hair orange, but gave up half way through. McNabb was firing the ball well, and DeSean was doing a nice job catching. They were doing a half-***ed kcikoff drill, and I don't know if they were going half speed, which I think they were, but he was doing all right at kickoff returning, it seemed to me he was having a hard time finding a hole. I didn't see Quentin Demps at all today, I was really wondering what was up with him.I saw Trevor Laws and Bryan Smith doing their stretches, both of them looked fine to me, no limps or any labor intheir walking, perhaps they are back soon. Those were the only two that were not practicing besides a guy by the name of Westwood, I think, I couldn't quite read it. The team seems healthy right now, No one was dwon on the ground while I was there. Greg Lewis caught probably the best catch of the day for a TD from Donovan, as he was drapoed with two defenders, who tripped over his feet, but he amintained balance and caght it for a TD. The stands cheered pretty loudly. The loudest cheer though was no doubt when Donovan made his way on to the field. We was fist pumping and wavign towards the sky. I'm pretty sure he was pumped up. A funny moment for me, was when Kolb came in, he threw a pick to JR Reed, and some guy in the stnads yelled, "You stink Kolb!" I was like come on buddy, cut him a break, its one mistake, in practice, get over it. Oh well can't please everybody. Another funny moment was Abiamiri went into a port-o-potty, to do one fo two things, puke or p***. I don't know, but he came flying out of there like someone jumped up and grabbed him. He was hustling back not to tick the coaches off, but still, it seemed like he was shot out of a cannon. He also looked impressive to me. Him and Justice were also batttling real well. The best matchup was no doubt Tra Thomas on Trent Cole though, the first time, Tra flat out slammed Cole to the ground for a pancake and then just smothered Cole with his body. The wistle blew and Tra picked him up and patted his shoulder pads off as to say, not quite boy. But the next time the lined up agianst eachother, Trent made Tre look silly, he just threwhim to the side and ran in for the would be sack. The two shook hands to show their respect for eachother. Coach Castillo is defintiely a character. McGlynn had a defender nearly down, and sort of relaxed, and the defneder got back up and Castillo was screaming at McGlynn to finish. "Finsh, finish, finish" He was yelling. He pancaked his next opponent, and no sooner had McGlynn smtohered his opponent, Castillo was screaming, "Get up, get up, get up!" That got a good chickle form everybody. Another thing Kevin Curtis is taller than I anticipated. Bucky and Booker were performing real well today. Bucky had a lot of good runs, and Booker showed his explosiveness a lot. Booker came in on an end around and nearly would have been gone, he made a nice move, but he just didn't have enough field left. I aught a ball that was used in the field goal parctice, but I had to throw it back. It was cool though thinking that the last person to touch the ball was David Akers. Dirk Johnson is even bigger than i anticipated. I knew he was big, but holy crap, he is a monster. His thighs are about as big as a small mans waist. No doubt about it for me today's morning star of camp was JR Reed. He broke up a couple passes and picked off at least two. It may have been more, because I was watching the linemen drills when soem of the 7 on 7 drills and things of that sort were going on. There is so much that I'm not remembering, so I'll post more as I remember it. Oh yeah, there was a guy who was kicked out because he was trying to film the practice. Spygate 2.0 anyone? I knew the Giants were scared! Haha.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Glad you had a good time EATW, it's pretty sad that I live in Bethlehem and have never been to TC, especially since some people come from all over the country.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Well all I did was take the 20 minute drive from Emmaus, and this was the first time I've gone, so I'm not that much better.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 11:28 AM
You probably could have gone. The practice finished up at 10:45. I'm still not sure if I'll go this afternoon. It was rpetty hot, and my skin doesn't exactly agree with the sun. I don't want to look like a lobster, lol.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2008, 11:32 AM
lol yeah. Is it expensive? I heard it was but now that I think of I'm not sure if that was just to go or to get autographs and stuff like that.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 11:47 AM
You can go there and spend no money. They gave me the autograph ticket, I got a scratch off card that gave me a free nitrogen tire fill. All yo have to do is pay for gas to get there. Parking isn't too bad if you get there early, I suggest getting there at least 30 kinutes before it starts. I spent three bucks on a gatorade, but that was it. Its just like anything else refreshments are expensive, but you are allowed to byob, as long as it isn't alcohal I believe. So if you show up with a good supply of water. You can go there and not spend a dime. There is a lot of merchandise there. There are raffle ticket for free where you can win all kinds of things, but soem raffles you have to pay for. One fo the free raffel ticket prizes was a DeSean Jackson signed helmet. On the way out, people were giving away duffle bags and t-shirts. And another plus the "scenery" isn't none to shabby either.

eaglesfan_45
07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Some Sleepers to make the team-
Jed Collins FB
Therrian Fontenot CB
Michael Gasperson WR

all these guys have been making plays and have been mentioned countless times in the practice blog, they're making plays.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2008, 02:17 PM
It's interesting you say that because my 2 biggest sleepers to make the team are Collins and Fontenot. At WR I think McBride is another sleeper. Also from the footage on the site Klecko is impressing me a lot, he is very fast for a DT, granted he is a good 20-30 pounds lighter than the average DT.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 04:47 PM
It's interesting you say that because my 2 biggest sleepers to make the team are Collins and Fontenot. At WR I think McBride is another sleeper. Also from the footage on the site Klecko is impressing me a lot, he is very fast for a DT, granted he is a good 20-30 pounds lighter than the average DT.

That is exactly how I see it. Collins is the FB from washington state, and he has been very impressive, I think I mentioned him on wednesday. Fontenot could make it as the 5th cb, and McBride has a shot, but there are a lot of different ways this could work out. The main three are pretty much set, but both Avant and Baskett have been doing well. It will be hard to crack that top five, I don't think either McBride or Gasperson have done enough yet. Klecko is also in the same boat, but he just may be able to kick either Reagor or Oelhoefen out of their spot.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
I went to this afternoons camp and boy am I glad I did. I was watching warm-ups, and a tall skinny guy with spiked black hair comes up about ten feet from me and starts watching the warmups. I look over, and first thing that pops into my head is, "Boy, that looks a lot like Drew Rosenhaus". A few other people look over and we look at eachother and mouth out the same question, "Is that Drew Rosenhaus?". Well as it turned out, it WAS Drew Rosenhaus. One guy said to him, "What are you doing here? You should be out in Cincinatti." To which he responded with, "I'm actually going there as soon as I leave here." So me, feeling in a rather chipper mood, say to him, "How long until you get Anquan Boldin up here?" He said back to me, "Where did you hear that from?" He told me to wait and see, but I think he was just BSing. Then he left and got some lemonade apparently, so I was telling people who were arriving that they just missed Drew Rosenhaus. Soem of them beleived me, and some didn', until I pointe dhim out when he came back, wearing his shirt that had his name and the superman logo on it. I spoke with (actually spoke at) Jim Johnson today(he wouldn't reply back except for a joke about the heat) He was about ten feet in front of me and watching his defense during drills and other things like that. But he must not have liked where he was, because he went around and stood up in the stands they have there and watched the practice for a while, with people up there staring at him the whole time. The team was in shorts this afternoon, so not much to really go on except for the fact that Demps has a knack for finding the ball, and with proper developement, may end up as a good FS in the NFL. Oh yeah, and I heard that King Dunap is anywhere form 6'8 to 6'10, either way, that is one tall human being. Both Luke Lawton and Tra Thomas were back this afternoon, nothing serious, but Asante wasn't in too much. Soemthing of note though, because of Asante being out, Joselio Hanson was getting a lot of reps witht he first team defense, and holding his own. He was in there a lot with Lito and Sheldon, which leads me to beleive that the Eagles will have three CBs in a lot of the time like they have been saying.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Good stuff. I'm going to try to go up there sometime next week. Sounds like a lot of fun.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm going tomorrow morning, but not in the afternoon. I'm going to be busy so I can't go. It was weird meeting the ugy who at one point was arguably the mos thated man in the city of philadelphia. He seemed like he just wanted to watch and see what he could do for his business. Sure he liked that people recognized him, but like any other person, too much of a conversation gets annoying. He was on his phone a lot for about a 20 minute stretch, but for the most part he seemed to be enjoyin himself. I snapped a picture of him, and I'm showing it to a few of my buddies.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I got a couple picks of Jim Johnson too, and I need to figure out how to zoom for my phone so I can get some other pics.

Eaglez.Fan
07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Good news: http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/BlogHead.asp

"Eagles head coach Andy Reid and team president Joe Banner met yesterday afternoon with CB Lito Sheppard and his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, on the campus of Lehigh University. This morning, Reid described the meeting as very positive, saying "they were able to express their feelings and we were able to do the same. It was good, open communication.""

Go_Eagles77
07-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Hopefully they can get a deal done and Westbrook is next.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, Lito seems a little more unhappy, IMO, adn Westy and his agent will get a deal done, I have no doubts about that.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I went this morning again and here are a few things to note. The FB battle is wide open IMO. Jason Davis, Luke Lawton, or Jed Collins could win it. All have great size and are good receivers, but Lawton has the edge by little in terms of receiving ability, but Davis is right there. Collins has good hands, but not as good as either of those two. Davis is the better runner of the group, but once again, not by much. Collins blocks really well, and it is real tight there. Davis practices with the first team, but Collins has really shown up, and he is the one that many of us notice the most. I think that Davis will ultimately win out and Collins will be put on the practice squad. Both Sean Considine and Quentin Mikell are battling real tough to win the starting SS role. It seemed as though bothe were trading great play after great play, and one of the plays that got the best reaction from the crowd was one of Considine flat out leveling Davis during team drills. Stewart Bradley is a playmaker, plain and simple. He gets in the way of passes, and cause fumbles. Chris Gocong is primed for a big year, he has looked impressiv ein pretty much every aspect of his game. Omar Gaither is defintiely a vocal leader, you can hear him all the time. Our starting LBs have looked impressive. Joe Mays seems to be leading in the second MLB battle. He delivered the three biggest hits today, all of which the fans were wondering if everyone would be OK. He is playing the best out of the backup LBs IMO. Joe Mays reminds me a bit of a certain LB by the name of Trotter. I'm not syaing he is anywhere near that good, because he isn't, but he is the prototypical, downhill LB who plugs gaps well and makes big hits and sure tackles. Ahkeem Jordan better look out, this kid may just be the foruth best LB on this team. I still give the edge to Jordan though, Mays still has more to prove. Reggie Brown has been really impressive. I won't say it, but he definitely has the chance to break out this year. He had arguably the best play of the day, catching a McNabb pass, literally, at its highest point. He was completely outstretched and had jumped as high as he could, and reeled it in, it was the best catch of the camp by far. There was also an interception on the field opposite of the one I was on that took about 5 seconds for the ball to find a spot. I couldn't see exactly who it was, but he picked it off after spinnign around a full 360 degrees. That got a lot of cheers from the crowd over there, and where I was as well. Quentin Demps had a quiet day by his usual standards. I didn't see him get a pick, and he only knocked down three passes. ^^^Sarcasm^^^Come on Demps, pcik it up. It also looks to me that Kris Wilson is going to have a hard time beating out Schoebel for the third TE spot. Schoebel's really playing well, and Wilson has had numerous dropped passes. Michael Gasperson is JACKED for a WR. Both Justice and Jean-Gilles are doing well, and Abiamiri is playing well, though Juqa PArker is getting most of the first team LDE reps. DeSean Jackson is doing real well, running good routes and catching well. Lorenzo Booker though is arguably the biggest star of this camp. Beside the big names of course. He is perofrming at every opportunity. He had a great play from Kolb over top of his defneder, and hauled it in. He is utilized everywhere. He may not have a designated position on this offense, much like Westy when he wa searly in his career. But what surprised me the most about him, he was running inside very well, against the first and second team defenses, with the second team Offense. All I know is, that trade is looking real good right now. Wsty hasn't forgotten how to play, that is for sure. He still kills D's on screens, and is a terror with the ball. Had a great TD run in team practice. As of now, if the Eagles dcide to keep only three RBs, it is between either Moats or Hunt. Hunt did well today, but so did Moats. This will be a close battle, but Hunt is actually playing just a tad bit better IMO. Akers came in for some hurry up field goal situational practice, and during the first one he nailed a police car right off the bat. Soemthing tells me that wasn't an accident, haha. But then the team sent someone out to catch the balls, and Akers still almost hit it, but the kid made an amazing catch (almost as good as Brown's, to keep it form hitting the cop car). Perhaps we should try him out, hmm? I'm glad I went this morning, lots of action and lots of hitting. I am stoked about this team. It doesn't seem as though the afternoon practice will be held outside, as a massive thunderstorm came through around 12:00. Lots of rain and wind and lightning, but the biggest hailstones I've seen in person. They were only about half the size of a penny, but nonetheless, those are the biggest I've seen. Don't expect a blog on the team page for this afternoon if practice is indeed moved inside. I wish I didn't have work this week, otherwise, I'd be at almost every practice. I'll be there next Saturday and Sunday though. Its pretty bad, Its still sunday, and I already can't wait for next weekend.

Go_Eagles77
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay so there's a rumor going around that Shawn Andrews is *** and he is depressed and that's why he's missing TC. It's just a rumor but if he really is *** I hope he stays on the team because he is still one of the best guards in the NFL.

DLionALL
07-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Okay so there's a rumor going around that Shawn Andrews is *** and he is depressed and that's why he's missing TC. It's just a rumor but if he really is *** I hope he stays on the team because he is still one of the best guards in the NFL.

I hope he does too. I love Andrews and his sexuality wouldn't make a difference to me at all. He's a monster and that's all that matters.

Go_Eagles77
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I really don't think it's true, but if it is I can see not only opposing teams fans but even a select few eagles fans giving him **** about it. Unfortunately it would be a pretty serious issue because I can see him being an outcast in the locker room too which is sad. I know I'll like him the same either way. Hopefully all of this talk is pointless though and it was just a rumor started by some stupid fan which I'm 90% sure it is.

eaglesfan_45
07-27-2008, 11:02 PM
lol that is ********, Shawn Andrews isn't ***, lol thats dumber than hell

Sniper
07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
I went this morning again and here are a few things to note. The FB battle is wide open IMO. Jason Davis, Luke Lawton, or Jed Collins could win it. All have great size and are good receivers, but Lawton has the edge by little in terms of receiving ability, but Davis is right there. Collins has good hands, but not as good as either of those two. Davis is the better runner of the group, but once again, not by much. Collins blocks really well, and it is real tight there. Davis practices with the first team, but Collins has really shown up, and he is the one that many of us notice the most. I think that Davis will ultimately win out and Collins will be put on the practice squad. Both Sean Considine and Quentin Mikell are battling real tough to win the starting SS role. It seemed as though bothe were trading great play after great play, and one of the plays that got the best reaction from the crowd was one of Considine flat out leveling Davis during team drills. Stewart Bradley is a playmaker, plain and simple. He gets in the way of passes, and cause fumbles. Chris Gocong is primed for a big year, he has looked impressiv ein pretty much every aspect of his game. Omar Gaither is defintiely a vocal leader, you can hear him all the time. Our starting LBs have looked impressive. Joe Mays seems to be leading in the second MLB battle. He delivered the three biggest hits today, all of which the fans were wondering if everyone would be OK. He is playing the best out of the backup LBs IMO. Joe Mays reminds me a bit of a certain LB by the name of Trotter. I'm not syaing he is anywhere near that good, because he isn't, but he is the prototypical, downhill LB who plugs gaps well and makes big hits and sure tackles. Ahkeem Jordan better look out, this kid may just be the foruth best LB on this team. I still give the edge to Jordan though, Mays still has more to prove. Reggie Brown has been really impressive. I won't say it, but he definitely has the chance to break out this year. He had arguably the best play of the day, catching a McNabb pass, literally, at its highest point. He was completely outstretched and had jumped as high as he could, and reeled it in, it was the best catch of the camp by far. There was also an interception on the field opposite of the one I was on that took about 5 seconds for the ball to find a spot. I couldn't see exactly who it was, but he picked it off after spinnign around a full 360 degrees. That got a lot of cheers from the crowd over there, and where I was as well. Quentin Demps had a quiet day by his usual standards. I didn't see him get a pick, and he only knocked down three passes. ^^^Sarcasm^^^Come on Demps, pcik it up. It also looks to me that Kris Wilson is going to have a hard time beating out Schoebel for the third TE spot. Schoebel's really playing well, and Wilson has had numerous dropped passes. Michael Gasperson is JACKED for a WR. Both Justice and Jean-Gilles are doing well, and Abiamiri is playing well, though Juqa PArker is getting most of the first team LDE reps. DeSean Jackson is doing real well, running good routes and catching well. Lorenzo Booker though is arguably the biggest star of this camp. Beside the big names of course. He is perofrming at every opportunity. He had a great play from Kolb over top of his defneder, and hauled it in. He is utilized everywhere. He may not have a designated position on this offense, much like Westy when he wa searly in his career. But what surprised me the most about him, he was running inside very well, against the first and second team defenses, with the second team Offense. All I know is, that trade is looking real good right now. Wsty hasn't forgotten how to play, that is for sure. He still kills D's on screens, and is a terror with the ball. Had a great TD run in team practice. As of now, if the Eagles dcide to keep only three RBs, it is between either Moats or Hunt. Hunt did well today, but so did Moats. This will be a close battle, but Hunt is actually playing just a tad bit better IMO. Akers came in for some hurry up field goal situational practice, and during the first one he nailed a police car right off the bat. Soemthing tells me that wasn't an accident, haha. But then the team sent someone out to catch the balls, and Akers still almost hit it, but the kid made an amazing catch (almost as good as Brown's, to keep it form hitting the cop car). Perhaps we should try him out, hmm? I'm glad I went this morning, lots of action and lots of hitting. I am stoked about this team. It doesn't seem as though the afternoon practice will be held outside, as a massive thunderstorm came through around 12:00. Lots of rain and wind and lightning, but the biggest hailstones I've seen in person. They were only about half the size of a penny, but nonetheless, those are the biggest I've seen. Don't expect a blog on the team page for this afternoon if practice is indeed moved inside. I wish I didn't have work this week, otherwise, I'd be at almost every practice. I'll be there next Saturday and Sunday though. Its pretty bad, Its still sunday, and I already can't wait for next weekend.

Paragraphs are your friend EATW. Nice report though.

eaglesfan_45
07-28-2008, 12:55 AM
lol I've been thinking about saying that. Makes it tougher to read. But, I left it up to the grammar police and sure enough....

saer
07-28-2008, 04:14 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/vinrock23/Parties015.jpg

crap! :eek:

BTW I think that is a rumor it's a bunch of BS

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 06:28 AM
I hope he does too. I love Andrews and his sexuality wouldn't make a difference to me at all. He's a monster and that's all that matters.

Agreed, I;m like that with anybody. I'm fine with anybody's sexuality, but if they start coming on to me, thats when I start to get bothered.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Paragraphs are your friend EATW. Nice report though.

I realized that after I made it, but was too lazy to go back and fix it. I did more like a bullet-style on my one that I did in the TD news thread, which is what I should have done here.