PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Scott Wright
11-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Discuss the Eagles here.

I'll start!

How about that T.O., he's a heck of a good player and just a good guy isn't he? :D

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Well, looks like the Eagles thread gets a fresh start, just like the Eagles after the bye week. Things I want to see in the second half:

* A 60/40 pass/run balance. I'm not even talking short passes and screens. I want the Eagles to run the ball 40% of the time. Handoffs to BWest and Buck and Tapeh and Moats. Lots of involvement there. Make the D stop you, run the clock. It will help McNabb and the D.

* More variation in the defensive scheme. I know that Kearse's injury really hurt the D with their "joker" formation and such. There's no reason why they can't do even more stuff using Dawkins as the "joker". What about using Michael Lewis closer to the line of scrimmage?

* Improvements at key areas. Matt McCoy and the Lewis/Considine SS spot need to be better. Dhani Jones has been solid, and I can't ask for more from him. Teams run right at McCoy, and he has performed poorly. He doesn't shed well enough. I'd rather have Barber out there if McCoy isn't going to perform better.

* Fewer super deep balls and more 10-20 yard routes. Teams respect our deep passing game, so the middle of the field should be open for all of the weapons. Run one man deep, then work the middle of the field more. We did that early in the season, but I haven't seen enough of it in the past 3 games.

* Play a full 60 minutes. This team can be dominant and has dominated halves and 3/4 of a game. The 4th quarter has been pretty piss poor. The team needs to start fast, beat down an opponent, then close out the game. This team could be 7-1 right now if they could close out.

robert_rodriguez_nyc
11-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, looks like the Eagles thread gets a fresh start, just like the Eagles after the bye week. Things I want to see in the second half:

* A 60/40 pass/run balance. I'm not even talking short passes and screens. I want the Eagles to run the ball 40% of the time. Handoffs to BWest and Buck and Tapeh and Moats. Lots of involvement there. Make the D stop you, run the clock. It will help McNabb and the D.

* More variation in the defensive scheme. I know that Kearse's injury really hurt the D with their "joker" formation and such. There's no reason why they can't do even more stuff using Dawkins as the "joker". What about using Michael Lewis closer to the line of scrimmage?

* Improvements at key areas. Matt McCoy and the Lewis/Considine SS spot need to be better. Dhani Jones has been solid, and I can't ask for more from him. Teams run right at McCoy, and he has performed poorly. He doesn't shed well enough. I'd rather have Barber out there if McCoy isn't going to perform better.

* Fewer super deep balls and more 10-20 yard routes. Teams respect our deep passing game, so the middle of the field should be open for all of the weapons. Run one man deep, then work the middle of the field more. We did that early in the season, but I haven't seen enough of it in the past 3 games.

* Play a full 60 minutes. This team can be dominant and has dominated halves and 3/4 of a game. The 4th quarter has been pretty piss poor. The team needs to start fast, beat down an opponent, then close out the game. This team could be 7-1 right now if they could close out.

Most over-rated secondary in the NFL. Lucky if they beat the Deadskins for 3rd place.

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Most over-rated secondary in the NFL. Lucky if they beat the Deadskins for 3rd place.

You know, that is the most amazing analysis I have ever read. Your facts, details, and information were astounding!

If you're going to make this kind of statement, you'd better back it up with some sort of data. Fact is, the secondary has been dinged (Sheppard and Hood), and Michael Lewis has not played well. No one is saying they're the best in the NFL, but there is a lot of talent there between the CB's and Dawkins. If Considine can prove himself at SS, there is no overrating being done. A lot of the success has to do with the pass rush. Without Kearse, the Eagles aren't as good. Period.

I await your ill-informed, opinionated response...

mpt117
11-09-2006, 11:57 AM
woo 2nd eagles fan to post haha...bsaza seems like me and you the only eagles fans posting lately

mpt117
11-09-2006, 12:00 PM

i agree with everything you say, except one thing...i have heard considine is playing well other then that i agree with everything

i just saw some thing on espn were they asked salisbury and schlerth about the eagles in or out of the playoffs...both said out and said that the eagles are a one dimensional team, easy to stop since they cant run and cant stop the run. plus they said the only thing we got goin for us is mcnabb

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
I saw that piece this morning, and they were right. The team has to recommit to the run to prove these pundits wrong. McNabb's success through the air will allow us to run more. Run and control clock to keep the other teams off the field. The Eagles don't necessarily need a "big back" to get this done because the OLine is so huge, they can just road-grade and get it done. Pound the crap out of the opposing teams with Buck and Tapeh, then hit them with Westbrook. All of this will set up the screen and deep ball game.

As for Considine, he is a part time player. The SS position as a whole has to be better.

mpt117
11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
so bsaza, what would you like to see the eagles do for FA/Draft this offseason after half the season has gone by

bigbluedefense
11-09-2006, 12:24 PM
bsaza, did you make the trade?

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 12:49 PM
bsaza, did you make the trade?

My trade partner proposed a counter on less attractive terms, which I rejected. I will do this deal right now because I have a side deal in place to immediately deal TO and McNair for Chad Pennington (16th round keeper) and Santana Moss (8th round keeper). It will reinvigorate my entire keeper roster and leave me with a damn solid team.

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
so bsaza, what would you like to see the eagles do for FA/Draft this offseason after half the season has gone by

In FA, we are going to lose some players. That always happens, of course, but there will be some very significant turnover. I think William Thomas is a goner, and Buck probably won't be back. On D, Michael Lewis, Dhani Jones, Rod Hood, and perhaps Darwin Walker will head out the door. These guys will have to be replaced in some way. Thomas' slot will go immediately to Justice, and there are always RB's out there to be had. I assume the Eagles will draft one. In terms of FA targets, they might have to go after Lance Briggs on principle, though Gocong and Gaither are there to make an impact.

In terms of the draft, I see the Eagles going safety or CB in the first round. Second round, expect to see a line pick, probably OLine. Later in the draft, I would expect another CB, perhaps a developmental TE project, and a bigger RB to replace Buck. The Eagles really can sit back and draft for the future. They don't really have immediate needs that can't be filled by current players.

Dillen
11-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Lito Sheppard has been much better than I expected this year. He got burned a lot last year but he's been lockdown, opposed to Sheldon.

portermvp84
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Brain Dawkins has got to be one of the best hard hitting saftys in the league.

Dillen
11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
...No kidding.

mpt117
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM

In FA, we are going to lose some players. That always happens, of course, but there will be some very significant turnover. I think William Thomas is a goner, and Buck probably won't be back. On D, Michael Lewis, Dhani Jones, Rod Hood, and perhaps Darwin Walker will head out the door. These guys will have to be replaced in some way. Thomas' slot will go immediately to Justice, and there are always RB's out there to be had. I assume the Eagles will draft one. In terms of FA targets, they might have to go after Lance Briggs on principle, though Gocong and Gaither are there to make an impact.

In terms of the draft, I see the Eagles going safety or CB in the first round. Second round, expect to see a line pick, probably OLine. Later in the draft, I would expect another CB, perhaps a developmental TE project, and a bigger RB to replace Buck. The Eagles really can sit back and draft for the future. They don't really have immediate needs that can't be filled by current players.

i agree that lewis and buckhalter we'll be gone, but idk bout thomas...since justice hasnt played yet i could see thomas staying next year to groom justice. and same about darwin as he is/has been one of our better DTs. plus i hear this is jones best year in an eagles uniform

mpt117
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
besides briggs, adalius thomas and cato june are free agents...i wouldnt mind either of them and would prob cost less than briggs. plus, june can cover which our LBs lack...also i would love to get ken hamlin, as he is a FA too

Dillen
11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I dont want Briggs or June. Briggs wouldnt be as effective at SLB, and June would be a DISASTER at SLB. Thomas is awesome, but I'm not sure they'd spend big money on a 30 year old guy to fill a spot where they already drafted the guy for the future.

Hamlin would be one guy I'd spend the bank for. Unfortunately, I doubt he leaves Seattle.

bsaza2358
11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Seattle has a bit of a salary cap issue. With raises in store for Bernard, Alexander, Jones, and Hasselbeck, they also have to consider locking up Trufant and their other young players to extensions. DJax could be in line for a restructuring as well, and there are some interior OLine issues to address. Depending on how big the cap is, Hamlin could get away. I don't think the Seahawks could afford the franchise tag. The Eagles have a good chunk of cap room in the offseason once Lewis and Hood are off the books. They also clear the TO cap hit off and could get a nice bump if Walker heads out the door. This is a young team (except for McNabb, Trotter, the OT's, and Dawk). There is a decent amount of wiggle room there.

I mentioned Briggs earlier just because of his reputation. Now that I think about it, his reputation as a playmaker could drive his price out of the range that the Eagles would pay. They have Roper and Gocong to groom at SAM LB as well.

Dillen
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Cole was extended till 2013. Reggie Brown just extended until 2014. Nice.

mpt117
11-11-2006, 04:48 PM
hmm boreds been dead for a couple days...ok predictions for the game tomorrow?

Go_Eagles77
11-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Whats up guys. Do you think that if the birds lose tomorrow the season is officially over? Everyone keeps saying that but I'm not so sure. I don't want to give up on them just yet but I was reminded last year that it makes it a lot easier to cope with a loss. However a win doesn't feel as good. Anyway the offseason. Michael Griffin is my dream 1st rounder, but as a future replacement for Dawk, not at SS. I like Considine for that. Just like many Eagles fans I really like Adalius Thomas to come in through FA, Jones is a disgrace. As for running back I'd love for Tony Hunt to come in and be a Brandon Jacobs-like back, and come in in short yardage and goal line situations. Maybe even Brian Leonard because he seems like a great fit in out system. We only have a few glaring weaknesses and if we fix them there is no doubt in my mind we will be a Super Bowl contender again. Go Eagles!!!

mpt117
11-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Whats up guys. Do you think that if the birds lose tomorrow the season is officially over? Everyone keeps saying that but I'm not so sure. I don't want to give up on them just yet but I was reminded last year that it makes it a lot easier to cope with a loss. However a win doesn't feel as good. Anyway the offseason. Michael Griffin is my dream 1st rounder, but as a future replacement for Dawk, not at SS. I like Considine for that. Just like many Eagles fans I really like Adalius Thomas to come in through FA, Jones is a disgrace. As for running back I'd love for Tony Hunt to come in and be a Brandon Jacobs-like back, and come in in short yardage and goal line situations. Maybe even Brian Leonard because he seems like a great fit in out system. We only have a few glaring weaknesses and if we fix them there is no doubt in my mind we will be a Super Bowl contender again. Go Eagles!!!

i woud love the eagles to get griffin as well...i dont want thomas because hes already 30 and hes prob lookin for a lot of money then he should be getting...plus we have gocong waiting...we traded up in the 3rd round to get him and he was hurt, give him a chance...from what i have seen from considine so far i like it...tapeh is doing fine and i would like tony hunt too

mpt117
11-11-2006, 08:14 PM
the eagles are interested in tony gonzalez? well it appears they are dying to get him according to sporting news. what do you think of this? i dont like it as we have lj smith who is younger and would cost less...

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=147267

look at number 7

Dillen
11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
If the Eagles let go of Smith it will be a mistake. I know his contract runs out after next year and not this, but he's one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL and if they continue to pass this much they need to hold onto him.

mpt117
11-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Barbers playing well so far at LB and i saw McCoy miss a couple tackles...run defense has somewhat improved but still giving up some big runs

Dillen
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
27-3. **** the Skins.

Go_Eagles77
11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Great win. Stallworth is the real deal and hopefully will get re-signed.

Westbrook ran for over 100 yards for the 3rd time this season. He is so under-rated.

B-Dawk
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
huh... who would've thought that when we run the ball and McNabb doesn't have 40 attempts we do well. I hope this performance strikes a bit of a chord with the coaching staff to not give up on the run, although we should have success through the air next week against the Titans, I think we need to be able to run often if we want to have a chance against the colts.

cunningham06
11-13-2006, 12:12 AM
wow, that buckhalter fumble recovery is one of the craziest plays I've seen in a while. Our defense was dominant today, but I'm still concerned with our run defense.

cunningham06
11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Also, Dawkins touchdown deflection was great that was an amazing play of speed and coordination, he made the play that Roy Williams has missed twice this season.

mpt117
11-13-2006, 12:20 AM
ya im still worried about the run defense...the only one that played well on the line against the run was patterson...howard was nonexistent, cole was thrown around, bunkley was ok, walker was alright...except his penalty made it first down instead of a punt, rayburn didnt play well, same for mcdougle, and thomas was alright. barber played real well at olb and mccoy didnt...missed a lot of tackles

bsaza2358
11-13-2006, 11:38 AM
The Eagles have to retool the DLine. I think it's a 2 year process here. They have Patterson and Bunkley as the first level guys, then there's Ramsey. At DE, there's Cole and Howard, with Kearse coming back and Juqua Thomas as an energy kind of guy. More needs to be done. I think it's a combination of talent and scheme that need work here. We know this squad can stuff the run. They demolished LT last year. At the end of the day, it's points scored that count. The Eagles allowed 3 points against a team that gashed them in the run game. I will take it every game if they win 27-3...

cunningham06
11-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Titans this week, we have to win this game. We match up very well against them IMO if we shut down their run game we should win easily. Vince is very crafty though.

B-Dawk
11-15-2006, 12:50 AM
I like McNabb and the passing game to explode this week against a week titan's secondary, and the titan's don't have the firepower to keep up.

bsaza2358
11-15-2006, 08:53 AM
At this point, every game is a must-win until the division is clinched. I'm concerned about catching the Giants, then a first round bye. The bye may be out of the question, but the division sure as heck isn't. I want the Eagles to dominate an entire game and get momentum going. None of this looking past the Titans because the Colts game is next week crap!

bearsfan_51
11-15-2006, 10:37 AM
At this point, every game is a must-win until the division is clinched. I'm concerned about catching the Giants, then a first round bye. The bye may be out of the question, but the division sure as heck isn't. I want the Eagles to dominate an entire game and get momentum going. None of this looking past the Titans because the Colts game is next week crap!
Unless the Seahawks implode, I would look for them to get the #2 seed. They only have two games left against tough teams (Denver and San Diego) and even if they lose both those games they'll still be 11-5. Obviously there is a lot of football left to be played and anything can happen, but I would look for the rankings to be #1)Chicago #2)Seattle.

You are correct though, in that the division is very much in reach. Particularly considering you play the Titans and the Giants and Boys play the Jags and Colts this week.

bsaza2358
11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
That is fair. I think Seattle will have a little bit of trouble getting Hasselbeck and Alexander back up to speed. They could lose other winnable games. It tends to happen here and there. I was more saying "we can't take a week off or lose a game until we have the #2 seed locked up". I'm not delusional here, but I'd prefer the bye.

jmanz
11-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, just wondering how Bunk is playing for you. Noticed there was a couple games lately he hasn't played in, is there an injury?

Dillen
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, just wondering how Bunk is playing for you. Noticed there was a couple games lately he hasn't played in, is there an injury?
He's played in every game, he just doesn't get a lot of snaps. He hasn't really dont that well but shows greatness on some plays and sucks on others.

Dillen
11-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Wow, the Eagles are ******* horrible.

mpt117
11-19-2006, 02:38 PM
this is sad

Dillen
11-19-2006, 03:45 PM
McNabb tore his ACL. This ******* sucks. We've been the healthiest team all year then the best, most important player on the team - done.

Eaglez.Fan
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
There goes the season

Hopefully we'll lose the next games so we can get a good draft pick, cuz we all kno were not gonna win the SB and thats all that matters

Dillen
11-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I've always defended Reid, but im getting sick of it. His playcalling sucks AT BEST. He has single-handedly ended two of our best players' seasons. He pussyfooted around with the Giants and let it get into OT, and there's no way you pass 62 times in one game regardless if you're coming from behind, especially when the run works.

Ravens1991
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
how are Winston Justice, Bunkly, and MJG doing for you?

Dillen
11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
how are Winston Justice, Bunkly, and MJG doing for you?
Justice and MJG never play. Bunkley plays but doesnt do much, he got like 5 snaps today.

Eaglez.Fan
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I've always defended Reid, but im getting sick of it. His playcalling sucks AT BEST. He has single-handedly ended two of our best players' seasons. He pussyfooted around with the Giants and let it get into OT, and there's no way you pass 62 times in one game regardless if you're coming from behind, especially when the run works.

True but Reid handed over those play calling duties to the OC (as of last week)

Dillen
11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
True but Reid handed over those play calling duties to the OC (as of last week)
He called plays this week. He said so in his PC, not to mention its painfully obvious. (3rd and inches on the goal line. 240 pound QB. PASS IT!!!)

Canadian_kid16
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
McNabb tore his ACL. This *********** sucks. We've been the healthiest team all year then the best, most important player on the team - done.

I feel really sorry for you guys, but he can't really stay healthy, can he??

dan77733
11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Just curious, what do you guys think the Eagles should do in the off-season?

Incinerator
11-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Depending on how Gocong and Gaither are progressing I think the Eagles should pick up a good linebacker in FA. Then they should probably pick up a MLB in the 1st and a safety in the 2nd. Maybe try to get Leonard/a big back, for short yardage situations. I dont think they need to draft a cornerback first day just because Hood is leaving, they just signed William James who has played pretty well in his limited time.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Im very surprised that that was a torn ACL. It didn't look like it at all. A lot of fluke injuries this year.

I think pressing needs are OLB and SS for you guys. I don't like the LB talent in this draft, I think youre better off signing a FA. I don't think you'll do that though, Philly has been real cheap with money and tends to not go after big name FAs. I think Adalius Thomas would be great for you guys, but I don't know if Philly will chuck out the necessary dough.

Safety can definately be had in the draft. In fact, Id draft another FS. Like a Reggie Nelson. Dawkins can groom him into the future, while playing SS while Reggie plays FS.

And a more important note. Ive been critical of Reid's playcalling for a long time now. His playcalling has cost you games this season. Its clearly his fault that you guys pass too much. As great of a GM and coach he is, you cant help but wonder if the team needs a fresh start.

Dillen
11-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Okay, so Eagles lose to Titans, McNabb tears his ACL, the season is over, and Andre Waters died this morning. What a great weekend.

bsaza2358
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Technically, Waters died early Monday morning. It's been a great start to the week, though... Luckily for me, I unloaded McNabb in all my fantasy leagues but 1. Ugh! I am quite frustrated.

Dillen
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
#20 should be retired after Dawkins retires. Two of, if not the best Eagles safeties in history.

cunningham06
11-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Yesterday upon finding out that donovan tore his acl and was out for the season I went into a state of deep depression, man it sucks to be an Eagles fan this season. Andy's a great coach, but his play calling is atrocious. Jim Johnson I am fed up with now how we did such a poor job against the Titans I will never know, that was just disgraceful. We need a coaching overhaul IMO.

portermvp84
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
You guys think Garcia will win more games then Mcmahon won last year?

bsaza2358
11-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Debatable. I think both Garcia and Feeley are superior to Detmer and McMahon, but the Eagles schedule is very tough with road games and good opponents. I'm not sure if there's a guaranteed win on that schedule. Given the team's propensity to give away wins this season, I can't predict any additional wins this year.

Dillen
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Eagles signed Omar Jacobs to the practice squad. Tank Daniels to the 53.

bsaza2358
11-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I like both moves. Jacobs was a projected top 5 QB in this draft class. Could be a good developmental prospect. Almost certainly NFL Europe material. He has good short accuracy, but he has a lot of work to do. Reid is good at developing QB's. Not sure if Marty M really is...

Don't know much about Daniels, but he'll be a good special teamer at the least. Interested in seeing what Omar Gaither is all about regardless.

cunningham06
11-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I love the addition of Omar Jacobs, he is awesome. Marty's good at developing quarterbacks, he was the qb coach for some of the greats like Steve Young and Brett Favre.

utfootball1
11-22-2006, 05:31 PM
i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
we got a fair shot

draftguru151
11-22-2006, 05:34 PM
i think that garcia has gotta be near as good as romo if not better and the cowboys didnt have greg ellis and they beat the colts
we got a fair shot

:shock: WHAT?!?!

utfootball1
11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
PROBOWL
arm acc and strength doesnt just float away besides the expericence is another factor
all he has to do is throw a screen 2 westbrook
the colts dline is fast and over agressive

draftguru151
11-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Garcia hasn't been good since he was in San Fransisco, which was like 3 years ago. He is nowhere near Romo right now.

11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Okay, so Eagles lose to Titans, McNabb tears his ACL, the season is over, and Andre Waters died this morning. What a great weekend.

Probably is over, if we had an easier schedule we could finish like 9-7 but we have Carolina, ATL, Indy and some more division games so well probably finish like 6-10 or 7-9. Im usually optimistic but maybe we should start looking at some potential draft picks.

Eaglez.Fan
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in

11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
People have been saying that McNabb is out for 7-8 weeks into next year also. If this is true i say we draft a QB in the 3rd round or even 2nd if we get one we rly like, the start him for experience the first half of the season, then in like 4 or so years when McNabb retires we put him in
Not to bad an idea. Do you think we will resign STallworth though because that would really influence my draft outlook

cunningham06
11-23-2006, 12:38 AM

Carson Palmer tore his acl in the playoffs last year but was back to start this season, McNabb tore his acl but I'm confident he will be back early next season.

That being said, Romo is much better than Garcia. Garcia has licked nuts when he's played. His stats don't accurately portrayed how bad he has been. He can't keep a drive alive and can't move the chains.

Dillen
11-23-2006, 09:16 AM
McNabb wont be out a full 12 months, not even close. Palmer had the trifecta in the playoffs and was able to start the season.

cunningham06
11-23-2006, 10:46 AM
This sucks for McNabb, I guess we'll get our shot again next season, as long as we don't make stupid mistakes and have miracles happen against us we should have a record up there with the elite teams.

cunningham06
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow, we suck that was pathetic. We can't tackle and we can't shed blocks. The only bright spots I could find were that Lito did a good job on Marvin, and Trotter was somewhat solid. Garcia was ok tonight but when we go up against teams with decent rush defenses I expect we will get rocked. That was the only reason Garcia was effective tonight because of how well our run game was working. That was one of the most frustratingly bad Eagles performances I have ever seen.

bsaza2358
11-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I said before the season that I thought we should change DC's. I put a lot of this on JJ and the rest on the personnel department. Obviously, the current scheme just doesn't work. I'm almost positive Johnson is done. The D has been consistently bad this year. No pressure since Kearse left, and I can't put all of it on the players. It looks like teams tee off and try to pick up Trotter, and when they do, they can run for 7-8 yards. McCoy looks lost and weak out there, and Jones is ineffective. Mike Lewis was a great run defender, but such a liability in the passing game, he couldn't do it. I like Considine, but he's not the hitter Lewis is. Dawk is still the man, but he can't carry this D.

My thoughts on the offseason:

Revamp the LB core. Trotter stays, McCoy stays because he's cheap, and Dhani is GONE. Gocong will be around, Gaither competes at SLB and WLB, and we contemplate a major FA signing.

Lewis is gone. This appears to be a given. I'm not sure if Considine is the answer, but we have to find out. Let him start next season and sign a veteran to a 1 year deal to be there just in case.

Tweak the DT's. I like the talent at DE. We have to keep Kearse 1 more year due to the cap, and I think he'll be good. The DE rotation is solid, but we could use another guy as a #4 DE. I think Bunkley will rebound. A draft pick or FA signing will be needed. I have a feeling like maybe Darwin Walker is gone.

There needs to be a defensive overhaul. The offense played fine last night. The D was crap. Things need to change and soon.

Go_Eagles77
11-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Our front seven sucks. It makes me sick to think back to the first 5 games when everyone thought we had an amazing defensive line 8 deep, it was even featured on the cover of Pro Football weekly for christs sake. I honestly don't know how they could give up that many yards and tds to a rookie. Matt Mccoy can't shed a block to save his life. The one bright spot on our defense is the secondary and even they aren't that great. I seriously overrated this team in the beginning of the year. Our offense was pretty good even with Garcia at the helm. I didn't see too many dropped passes (Hank Baskett). Westbrook continues to be a 1 man show and this should be a pro bowl season for him.

bsaza2358
11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Our offense is fine. The defense is the weak area and needs help. The secondary is good, but when you can't stop the run, your players look poor. Just the nature of the beast. Trust me, if the Eagles could get teams in obvious passing situations by squashing the run, the secondary would be just as good as advertised. The problem is the DT's aren't big enough and get blown off the ball, and linemen get to the seocnd level and take out Trotter. Once that happens, we're done. There needs to be more bulk in the middle to free up Trott, plus we need better OLB's. Reid doesn't consider LB to be a "priority" position. I say he'd better change his thinking and change his DC. Perhaps they can nab someone from the Chicago or Miami staff. I like the way those D's are playing.

Dillen
11-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Atleast Reid wasn't a dick and ran the ball. If he gave Westbrook the ball consistently he'd be a top 10 player in the league.

mpt117
11-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Scotts new mock has the Eagles taking PSUs LB Paul Poslusny...im hating this pick idk bout you guys

bsaza2358
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't dislike Poz as a player, but he's not the kind of guy we need for our D at this point. Poz has had problems shedding blocks this season, so he can't flow to the ball and make plays. Hard for the Eagles to get much improvement on their D with LB's who have trouble shedding blocks. I think Poz will be great somewhere, probably as a combo ILB/OLB in a 3-4 D. However, I'm not sure his style of play fits with our D, and our DLine can't keep the LB's clean to make plays as is. Not a good idea IMO.

Dillen
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Posluszny is a terrible pick for the Eagles, especially in that situation.

The Eagles do not need a WLB. McCoy hasn't been consistent, but he hasn't played bad at all by any means. He's been their best linebacker this year. Something like 60 tackles, 6 TFL and 3 FF. Paul isn't strong enough to play MLB or SLB. The problems with Eagles LBs is speed and the ability to shed or overpower blocks. Paul doesn't really upgrade either.

Willis or Landry would be much better picks. Willis would be better because he could play all 3 spots, is pretty fast and very strong. I can't believe you didn't give the Eagles Landry. Dawkins has been declining. Lewis sucks and will leave in FA. Considine was good as the 3rd safety. Passing on an elite safety for another undersized LB, especially one that isn't needed, is downright dumb.
That was my post to the mock draft. It's seriously a horrible pick.

Dillen
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x

cunningham06
11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Also, Mike Bartrum is retiring. Awesome. :x

I'm gonna miss him, great long snapper. He also had a nose for the endzone. :lol:
Over half of his receptions were for touchdowns.

That injury I guess sealed the deal, Howard can be a utility man for us until we find another long-snapper. I just don't like the idea of Howard getting hit on the back of the head repeatedly.

jblaze66
11-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone I am new to these boards but I have known about scott's site for over a year now. I look forward to discussing the Eagles draft/FA plans with you all in the future. GO E A G L E S!

bsaza2358
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...

Dillen
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Dillen, I like Willis a lot, and I think his skill set would fit well with the Eagles situation. He could be a potential future replacement for Trotter in the middle, with Gaither stepping in at SAM. Willis is probably the best LB prospect to suit the Eagles needs, but I have said for months now that S should be tops on their list due to the age of Dawkins and the issues with Lewis. Is Considine the answer? I'd rather not find out without a backup plan in place...
In that situation I would go Landry over Willis 100 times out of 100, but the point was just to show that there was more than only one pick that would have been 50 times better.

Incinerator
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense

bsaza2358
11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I think Poz will be a fine player, but not for the Eagles, and not in round 1. If he were to fall to the second round, the Eagles would likely have to pick him. Otherwise, there are some pressing needs on D that are more significant than WLB. I would say safety is a concern, and a CB on day 1 is probable. I also wouldn't mind another DE as part of the rotation. Poz is probably 12th on my list of prospects for the Eagles right now.

Dillen
11-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I wont be surprised if the Eagles go winless the rest of the year so I'm curious, do you guys think we'll end up with a top 10 pick? If so what would you do, trade down to the middle of the round or stay?

remember, if the Eagles resign Stallworth we lose our 3rd round pick, so I'm thinking if they traded down to the middle of the pack they could probably get 2 2nd rounders and a first, and address the defense
If they get a top 10 pick they better not trade it away unless they're getting way too much they should. To be honest, I'm sick of settling to get extra players. Get a stud.

bsaza2358
11-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't think the Eagles would trade back for value unless they got a team overpaying, or if they didn't have their guy there. The team has never shied away from moving up to get the player they want (McDougle, Andrews), so I don't see them not taking a stud player in the top 10 if he were there and valued appropriately.

cunningham06
11-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Eagles traded down 2 or 3 picks assuming we will be picking in the top 10 which I am, so we could move up in the second. Here's my ideal situation for the draft:
Round 1- Laron Landry LSU
Round 2- Anthony Waters Clemson
I really like Patrick Willis but the safety quality past the first round isn't as good of quality as the linebacker quality. What I like about Waters is that he's pretty fast which we could really use and since he got injured for his senior season then he could very well be available in the second round.

jblaze66
11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I would have to say LB is our #1 need and I do agree that Willis is the best fit for us, I think he has great potential as a 4-3 MLB for Trot's eventual replacement, also I would like to see them give Gaither a shot at SLB. We NEED to be deeper at LB.

bsaza2358
11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!

cunningham06
11-30-2006, 04:49 PM
I think the Eagles have to evaluate their needs and players available at safety and LB and pick the BPA. If it's Willis, so be it. If it's Landry, why not? It's possible they've targeted another defensive playmaker for the squad that we haven't mentioned yet. I'm really looking for an immediate impact player to help shore things up. LB's tend to take a year to be ready for the system. If that tradition holds true, I'd rather have a first round safety, grab a good LB in round 2, then move along. I don't know a ton about Waters, but his size and projected speed looks pretty good. Not bad, Cunningham!

Ha I do what I can. I know we've been playing anchor in the middle defense with Trotter as MIKE but I think once he's gone we need to go in a new direction. A speedy lighter MIKE might be just what our defense needs. Like a Demeco Ryans of sorts. What I think that would add is some quicker penetration and if we could get to the ball carrier faster even if he didn't make the tackle and got blocked the ball carrier would have a lot of trash to move around. That's my biggest problem with our defense it doesn't swarm to the ball, and thats what all the best defenses must do. Also another thing I would like is a mammoth defensive tackle upwards of 320 pounds. Patterson is good and pulls double teams his way but neither he nor Walker really clog the middle. Before the draft I was hoping we would trade up and take Ngata, and then later I was hoping for Gabe Watson even though he had motivational problems.

Go_Eagles77
12-01-2006, 06:43 PM
How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.

mpt117
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
How about David Harris? He reminds me a lot of Trot. I don't know exactly where he is projected to go but my guess mid 2nd round. With the emergence of Reggie Nelson it is looking likely that we might be able to get the best safety prospect IMO in LaRon Landry in the 1st. And I'm also warming up to the thought of Brian Leonard but since he is probably gonna be a 3rd rounder we won't be able draft him unless we don't re-sign Stallworth. I'm really hoping we do, though.

i think harris is projected to go in rounds 3-5 right now, but he is on the rise...with all this linebacker talk i cant wait to see what gocong has to offer next year

jonbrodo17
12-01-2006, 09:27 PM
I would like to see Patrik Willis, I don't know why but i am not to high on the eagles picking pozlunzy he'll be a good player just not in our defense, and how about qb day 1 any opinions not saying they should just putting it out there...

Dillen
12-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Couple things.

I don't want anyone like Trotter. I used to love him to death, but then he hasn't been that good this year. I want a 3 down LB that isn't the hugest liability in pass coverage.

Willis is my favorite pick if Landry is off the board.

I don't want a QB day 1. They don't need one. I know McNabb will be ready for TC, and he's going to be on the team for awhile longer. Day 2 QB though, definitely.

jonbrodo17
12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
I deffinetely agree that trotter is underperforming, not only can he not cover anyone, he doesn't get a lot of force going into the line of scrimage, and he is being a loud mouth. I deff. want willis

jblaze66
12-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I was just going over our list of upcoming FAs and was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on them. I included my thoughts below.

Barber, Shawn LB UFA - Could be brought back as a backup again, hard to say.
Buckhalter, Correll RB UFA - Won't be brought back, he made an admirable effort but the Eagles will go in a different direction.
Garcia, Jeff QB UFA - Probably wont be back, Feeley will backup McNabb and we will draft a QB on Day 2 for 3rd string.
Hood, Roderick CB UFA - Very possible he won't return plenty of teams looking for CB help.
James, William CB UFA - Might be brought back but only for minimal money
Lewis, Michael S UFA - Won't be back, will sign long term elsewhere
Mahe, Reno RB UFA - Most likely will be here again
Mikell, Quintin S UFA - Should be brought back for his value on ST and as a reliable backup.
Short, Jason LB RFA - Will get minimum tender and come back for STs
Thomas, Juqua DE UFA - Probably wont be back
Thomas, William OT UFA - Won't be back, Eagles want to get younger on the line.

jonbrodo17
12-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I mostly agree with you on the FA's, they won't bring William "Ta" Thomas but i would like to see him back even though he's old

Dillen
12-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I'd like to bring back Barber. He's a good nickel LB.

Hood's gone. He hasn't had a great year, but he could start for atleast 5 teams in the NFL. He'll probably get something like 5 years $25M.

I like Juqua. He's effective in a whole lot of places, DE, joker, rush backer. He's a great 4th DE, but I think someone will overpay for him.

Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.

I dont really care about Buck, Garcia, James, Mahe, and Short. Mahe will probably be brought back because he's a good returner.

cunningham06
12-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.

mpt117
12-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.

same here...i want to give omar a shot

jblaze66
12-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.

Ooops, I don't know why I had him in there, I was going off of this list (http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showteam.asp?Team=Eagles). I just checked the NFLPA site (http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25937) and it confirms he is signed through 2008. Is it possible he exercised some kind of option clause to get out of his contract similar to Dawkins' previous deal?

jonbrodo17
12-02-2006, 10:15 PM
I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long

GaMeTiMe
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long

Because he's young and raw, a huge project. That and the fact that the Steelers had no need for him. I was huge on Omar in college, he just made a huge mistake coming out early. He needs time to learn and develop, and he's the perfect QB of the future for us. It's really not THAT urgent.

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
I am fine with having Jacobs on our roster on the practice squad. Send him to NFL Europe to get more experience and do some more scouting. Give him game reps for a few years. He might be better than other QB's that we could take. He has the size and skills to be a pretty good player in this league. I'm all for stockpiling young talent. Reid and his coaches have proven that they can develop hardworking young players into good NFL talent (McNabb, Westbrook, Corey Simon, Reggie Brown, LJ Smith, Trent Cole, Mike Patterson, Trotter, Lito, Sheldon, Andrews, Sam Rayburn, Derrick Burgess, Hank Fraley, Doug Breznezski, Jamaal Jackson, etc.). Reid is a QB guru, and he can make these guys better. I agree that Jacobs is a project, but he's a small investment that could pay large returns.

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I agree that William Thomas has been a great Eagle, and he deserves our respect. He has never been the best LT in the league, but he has been well above average, and has had pro bowl seasons. There have been few injuries, and he's been durable. Thomas has never held out on his contract, and he just comes to work and does his job. I don't recall many games where he was dominated. He is a great Eagle, and he is entitled to our respect.

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 03:26 PM
I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.

Dillen
12-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?
The score will indicate a closer game then it really was. I say 28-20 Carolina. Foster and Williams wont have great days but will get the yards when needed.

Omar Gaither is starting at WLB today, not Matt McCoy, per CSN. I dont see this as a knock against McCoy, they know the season is over, they're trying to get the young players to test the waters early..

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.
I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

What's your scoring prediction on the game?

bigbluedefense
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
D-Unit, let's just say I wouldn't put any money on this game because both teams are easily capable of crapping the bed. I can't even predict a score because both offenses are inconsistent at best. My recommendation is to not bet on this one.

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.
That's no secret. I'm down BIG! Can't think on my own anymore. :cry:

What do you think BBD? I need your expertise kind sir.

Dillen
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Walker will get less snaps and Bunkley will play a lot more. Finally.

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.
I'm not gonna bust the bank on this game, but I do want to catch up some.

High scoring or low scoring? :lol:

bigbluedefense
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 04:33 PM

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.
That was a good caution! :lol: Made me smile... I actually thought about not looking, but that only lasted .25 seconds long. haha.

I might go crazy on this one... Philly at the Half getting 2 points, Carolina game giving 3 and taking the Under 37. 3 bets.... nothing back breaking, but could help.

bsaza2358
12-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Apparently, Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is taking the Panthers (-3) and the under (37) as a parlay. Not the worst move in the world, but I can't trust either team to be consistent enough to make this happen. If you're gonna bet this, at least take a parlay and a high risk/reward to compensate yourself. I'd consider putting $20 on that parlay if I wasn't an Eagles or Panthers fan...

bigbluedefense
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Apparently, Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is taking the Panthers (-3) and the under (37) as a parlay. Not the worst move in the world, but I can't trust either team to be consistent enough to make this happen. If you're gonna bet this, at least take a parlay and a high risk/reward to compensate yourself. I'd consider putting $20 on that parlay if I wasn't an Eagles or Panthers fan...

Thats a good idea. This game is so hard to bet on, if youre gonna do it, thats the right way to do it. This is what I consider a game that you don't touch unless your life depends on it. Its just way too hard to pick.

mpt117
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
gaithers starting for mccoy tonight annd bunkley to get some pt as well

D-Unit
12-04-2006, 06:13 PM
The House I go through doesn't have parlay and minimum bets are $100. Juice is 20%.

Funny that his calls are what I just told you guys I was going on. Kinda reinforcing I guess.... but is this guy any good? I haven't heard of him.

Any good sites out there? I usually just go to www.covers.com.

mpt117
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
how you feel about the game so far? i think gaither is doing a find job at LB, lj droppin too many passes, garcia sucks, our def has stepped up but let up some big passin plays...

cunningham06
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
how you feel about the game so far? i think gaither is doing a find job at LB, lj droppin too many passes, garcia sucks, our def has stepped up but let up some big passin plays...

Our defense is looking a lot better out there. We're still letting in too many big plays and letting penalties kill us when it counts but we look pretty good. Gaither is looking good out there. Sheldon's been a bit inconsistent but Lito's been good. I am pissed at Delhomme and his damn intentional grounding passes when he's about to get sacked. I want our players to get credit for those sacks! It would be nice if they gave the defensive player the sack in that situation. I'm mad mainly because it would put Dawkins closer to the 20 20 club if he got that sack.

mpt117
12-04-2006, 09:54 PM
ya i was about to say 3 intentional grounding calls in just the first half from what i counted and that we have no sacks or picks

*just as i am posting this, eagles let up another big passing play for a td...sigh...cant wait for nelson, landry, or griffin on draft day*

mpt117
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
wow cant believe we pulled out the victory to be honest with you...lito comes up big and has 5 of our teams 11 picks they said

cunningham06
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Lito is my hero he deserves to go to the pro bowl.

bsaza2358
12-05-2006, 09:03 AM
The Eagles played hard, played good (not great) defense, and won the game. They made solid adjustments, Reid called a good game, and Garcia played well. He made the throws when they counted. The crowd was skeptical at first, but they came to life and helped carry the team in the second half. A very good win. Gives the team some momentum and hope. That's kind of what I'm afraid of. Winning the next game against Washington and having a shot at the playoffs in Weeks 16 and 17, then getting crushed...

Dillen
12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Garcia is playing much better than anyone could have expected. Glad to see Reggie Brown appeared in a game again.

bsaza2358
12-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I said that Garcia wasn't bad enough to lose games, but I also said he couldn't win games. While there were a few breakdowns, I think our defense won that game, and Garcia put together several nice drives and didn't kill the team with turnovers. If the D keeps playing this well, the Eagles can keep winning. Not sure what will happen against Dallas and the Giants, though. Those games will be incredibly tough.

Every game right now is must win in my mind. The division is a huge longshot, but I'm not going to stop shooting for it until Dallas clinches.

steelcrew43
12-05-2006, 07:27 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/posluszny_eagles.jpg

bsaza2358
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
What the heck is going on there? Makes no sense!!

Incinerator
12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
does anyone think there is any trade bait this offseason on the Eagles. Like how they traded Hollis Thomas during the draft and Simoneau later on? Just curious.

Incinerator
12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
does anyone think there is any trade bait this offseason on the Eagles. Like how they traded Hollis Thomas during the draft and Simoneau later on? Just curious.

mpt117
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
im lovin scotts new mock draft pick for us...: laron landry...btw poslusny is an awful pick for us and looks pretty bad right there in that pick

mpt117
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
im lovin scotts new mock draft pick for us...: laron landry...btw poslusny is an awful pick for us and looks pretty bad right there in that pick

Dillen
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Darwin Walker, Tra Thomas, that's just about it.

jonbrodo17
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which iggles will be in especially dawkins cuz hes my fav. player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

jonbrodo17
12-06-2006, 08:37 PM
i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which iggles will be in especially dawkins cuz hes my fav. player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

jonbrodo17
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
i dont really understand that picture...anyways does anybody know how the pro-bowl is shaping up, i wonder which eagles will be in, especially dawkins because hes my favorite player and I heard nothing about him and the pro-bowl this year

jonbrodo17
12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
sry 4 the 3 same messages i though it froze

bsaza2358
12-07-2006, 08:45 AM
The Eagles will have a few representatives in Hawaii. Andrews is essentially a lock in my mind, and Lito is a near lock. Sheldon Brown is a possibility. Westbrook should go, barring injury. Donovan might get voted in, but we all know he's not "going". Trotter is an annual possibility, and Dawk has sentimental appeal. I'm not sure if Dawk deserves to make the Pro Bowl. I love him as a player, but he hasn't been stellar this season. There may be other, better options out there.

cunningham06
12-07-2006, 04:09 PM
The Eagles will have a few representatives in Hawaii. Andrews is essentially a lock in my mind, and Lito is a near lock. Sheldon Brown is a possibility. Westbrook should go, barring injury. Donovan might get voted in, but we all know he's not "going". Trotter is an annual possibility, and Dawk has sentimental appeal. I'm not sure if Dawk deserves to make the Pro Bowl. I love him as a player, but he hasn't been stellar this season. There may be other, better options out there.

Lets see Andrews, Westbrook, and Lito I think will make it or have a good shot to make it. Sheldon hasn't had a good enough season to warrant a pro bowl appearance and I don't see him going. Donovan I don't think will get it same with Trotter. Dawkins by all means should make it, I have to disagree, I have been very pleased by his performance this season. He hasn't racked up the interceptions this season in part because teams haven't been throwing on him all that often. That and he hasn't been able to help as much in our run defense because of his responsibility of playing centerfield and our lack of another playmaking safety. His coverage has been tight as ever, and he is just as much of a force, but he doesn't have the help around him. Regardless I think his play this season has been good enough for the pro bowl.

bsaza2358
12-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Cunningham, I never claimed to be a Dawkins hater. I just see other safeties having a better shot of going because of the players around them. Roy Williams always seems to go, and you can't ignore Darren Sharper and Bullocks on the Bears. Not because they're better than Dawk. It's about popularity and notoriety. I would love for Dawk to go, but it's no lock.

cunningham06
12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Cunningham, I never claimed to be a Dawkins hater. I just see other safeties having a better shot of going because of the players around them. Roy Williams always seems to go, and you can't ignore Darren Sharper and Bullocks on the Bears. Not because they're better than Dawk. It's about popularity and notoriety. I would love for Dawk to go, but it's no lock.

Oh my mistake I thought you were saying that he was having an off year. But I agree other safeties in the NFC are putting up gaudy stats this season and will probably get the spot.

mancl
12-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm a Packer fan and hope you can help me out. The Packers will be looking for a strong safety after the season as Manuel is o.k against the run but is poor in coverage. Before the season Michael Lewis was considered a decent safety but as I understand it he has lost his job and it seems a lot of you consider him someone that needs to be replaced. Could you explain what has gone on with him? Is he someone who just needs a change of scenery? Are his coverage skills at least o.k?

Thanks

Dillen
12-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Awful coverage skills at best. Throw a double move and it's 6. No matter who the receiver is. Even if the receiver is 15 yards in front of him.

cunningham06
12-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Lewis is pretty much useless as a safety because he cannot cover at all, but I was thinking about this recently, what if he were to make a position change to linebacker? Run support is what he's best at and he would be pretty decent in coverage by linebacker standards. He's already pretty big at 6'1 220 so if he could gain maybe another 20 pounds he would be the right size. Physically it seems like it would be a good idea but a position change this late would take a long time for him to get the hang of but if he could he has the tools to do well.

12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
What do yall think about J.J Outlaw

Dillen
12-09-2006, 08:17 PM
One of the quickest players I've ever seen. Extremely quick in and out of his cuts. Probably wont do anything.

12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
One of the quickest players I've ever seen. Extremely quick in and out of his cuts. Probably wont do anything. What did you see him on mnf? I dident even know who the #@4% he was untill then

Dillen
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Um...he doesn't play for the Eagles right now and sure as hell didn't play on MNF.

utfootball1
12-10-2006, 11:41 AM
the eagles need to find a way 2 pick up briggs in the offseason, hes nasty and a free agent, and that would help ensure LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson or Micheal Griffin

SeanTaylorRIP
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Good game guys, hopefully you make the playoffs over the Giants. Garcia has been great.

jonbrodo17
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
yea i agree about garcia, btw on mnf whoever was there, were u booing garcia or the jumbo-tron screen, I was booing the jumbo-tron screen

bsaza2358
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I think the Eagles were pretty well coached today. I think the defense carried the day for the team with the bend, but don't break approach. I would've liked to see better run D, but I was very happy with the overall results. Sacks at key spots and 2 big INT's that led to 14 points. The team let up 1 huge play (the TD to Randle-El), and Betts gashed us a ton for 180 yards. If you look at the stats, it looks like the Eagles snuck by. They were dominated in the run game, time of possession, yards, etc. However, the Redskins had many penalties (8) and 2 INT's that led to TD's.

My game ball goes to Dawk, who was a beast and was all over the field. He was dominant. Kudos also to Michael Lewis, who had the INT for a TD, but was also very stout against the run when he was in.

B-Dawk
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I was happy to see them be able to grind the last 5 minutes or so once they got the ball back after the redskins made it 21-19, even if it was not a traditional grind, they were still able to close the game out without giving the redskins another shot.

bigbluedefense
12-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Question. How do you guys feel about a possible playoff spot for your team?

Without McNabb I don't know if you guys can pull anything off in the playoffs, so how do you guys feel about the current situation?

It always stinks to root against your team, but do you guys feel that winning at this point will hurt your draft positioning, or do you view it as a chance of something special? Afterall, the NFC is ridiculously weak this year, so who knows what can happen.

Either way, its gonna be a hard hitting game on Sunday. Giants/Eagles always is. Especially with Philly looking for revenge from the last game.

bsaza2358
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
The way I see it, any positive momentum and lack of injury going forward is a good thing. The team itself is very young and talented. The draft has some good players at their positions of need, so I think the rebuilding can continue there. The team remains in good cap shape. I say, if you can go forward and make the playoffs under these circumstances, it will be great for the city and the team. I never root against the team at any point. Period.

As for Sunday, it will be a hard hitting game. The Eagles are going to have some trouble with Barber and Jacobs. I immediately concede 150 rush yards and time of possession to them. However, their CB situation is better, so I think the Giants pass game will be harder to come by than last time. The Eagles are going to have to move the ball by throwing against the weak links in the secondary, using LJ Smith, and grinding it out. They need to execute and score points. It will be quite the chess match. I think the Eagles believe they can win, and they have swagger. This is a dangerous game for the Giants.

bigbluedefense
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
The way I see it, any positive momentum and lack of injury going forward is a good thing. The team itself is very young and talented. The draft has some good players at their positions of need, so I think the rebuilding can continue there. The team remains in good cap shape. I say, if you can go forward and make the playoffs under these circumstances, it will be great for the city and the team. I never root against the team at any point. Period.

As for Sunday, it will be a hard hitting game. The Eagles are going to have some trouble with Barber and Jacobs. I immediately concede 150 rush yards and time of possession to them. However, their CB situation is better, so I think the Giants pass game will be harder to come by than last time. The Eagles are going to have to move the ball by throwing against the weak links in the secondary, using LJ Smith, and grinding it out. They need to execute and score points. It will be quite the chess match. I think the Eagles believe they can win, and they have swagger. This is a dangerous game for the Giants.

I agree. Don't cede the run game so quickly though. The Eagles are very familiar with us, so running the ball, or doing anything for that matter, becomes alot more difficult when the other team can predict what youre gonna do and knows your tendencies.

I think you can take advantage of our pass coverage with LJ. Use Stallworth on the deepball, but you gotta time it right. Save him in your back pocket for just the right time, then unleash a deep one to him when the time is right.

We will have a harder time scoring on you guys, I can see this game being very close. And you have a big advantage coaching wise. Reid will definately outcoach Coughlin. Its gonna be a tough game.

jblaze66
12-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I was happy to see them be able to grind the last 5 minutes or so once they got the ball back after the redskins made it 21-19, even if it was not a traditional grind, they were still able to close the game out without giving the redskins another shot.
QFT.

That was what I was most impressed with yesterday, they were able to keep the ball for the remainder of the game. They need to have more drives like that late in games with the lead.

cunningham06
12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
So far I have been very impressed with Omar Gaither, moreso than McCoy, Omar is good at shedding blocks and is better against the run. It should be a good battle in TC next offseason to see who starts assuming we don't move Gaither to SLB which would be an interesting idea.

jonbrodo17
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
gaither has really stepped it up and I will ike to see the postition battle between him and mccoy come training camp. I actually have a good feeling about the playoffs this year, i am not really afraid of @NY and @Dallas because we're traditionaly a great away team so with this weak NFC you just have to be optimistic about the playoffs :D

B-Dawk
12-12-2006, 12:54 AM
If Garcia can keep up his play of not turning the ball over and making enough plays I think we have a shot to get in to the playoff and do something if we get there. There is no doubt that from a team morale standpoint making the playoffs without McNabb would be huge, especially towards next year when we have McNabb back. The NFC is so up and down, you never know, if we get into the playoffs anyone has a chance.

jblaze66
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Let me get this straight, after our win and Dallas's loss this past week we are basically in the driver's seat for the NFCE Title due to the fact that we beat Dallas already once correct? If you had told me that the day after we lost to Tennessee and Dallas beat Indy I would have said you were crazy. :lol: 8) :lol:

bsaza2358
12-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Absolutely incorrect. The Eagles and Giants are both a game back of Dallas in the NFC East. However, both teams have 3-1 records in divisional play. If the Falcons beat Dallas and the Eagles beat NY, the Eagles will be in first and will have the tiebreaker over both teams going into Week 16, which will be @ Dallas. The division is not locked up, but Dallas can clinch the title by winning out. A lot will be determined this weekend.

bsaza2358
12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Predictions for the game at all? I see a low-ish scoring game in the 24 point range for the winner. I think with Strahan out, the Eagles can do a little more. I think the team can score, but they need to get the D off the field early and take a lead. This will be a hard fought game. I expect Reid to outcoach Coughlin, and I don't foresee the team collapsing in the 4th quarter again. Jacobs and Barber will run over us a lot, but I think the secondary is better equipped to help.

Prediction: Eagles 23, Giants 17 in a nailbiter. Homer call, and I won't bet it. I just like the way our guys are playing.

GaMeTiMe
12-14-2006, 10:21 PM
I love our momentum going into this game, and despite their win against Carolina last week, you gotta like the way the Giants have been playing lately if you're an Eagle fan. I still think the game is going to be extremely close.

Obviously, I love what I see out of Garcia. He's not putting up spectacular numbers and making huge plays like McNabb does, but he's not turning the ball over. That's all I can really ask for out of my backup quarterback. He's done a fantastic job to this point, but I'm not going to be overly optimistic. However, I do like his chances against the Giants.

For whoever asked about rooting against the Eagles since our chances aren't good..Never in a million years. Do we have a chance against teams like SD, Baltimore, Indy or New England? Not a chance in hell...But the benefit of being in the NFC is that we don't have to face a team like that until the Superbowl. And if we were to make it there, I would hope that a veteran QB surrounded with great weapons combinded with a solid defense would be enough to push us through. Of course with a little bit of heart and luck on the side.

There's no pressure, that's the thing. We're just enjoying the ride right now and seeing how far we can make it. We're not going to be expected to win much, so it's not like we can say we'd be disappointed if we didn't do such and such. Just gotta sit back and hope for the best.

The linebacker situation..Gotta love Gaither. Of course he could just be playing off of a high right now, but I'll take it. I don't think McCoy will even factor much into the competition next year, but instead serve as a reserve/special teams player.

On the other side, Dhani Jones should be gone next year. He's underachived and we'd benefit greatly salary cap wise should we get rid of him. The main reason I'm so strongly against a first round LB for the Eagles this year is because Chris Gocong and Omar Gaither would be slated as the starters at outside linebacker, and you just don't add another rookie LB to that duo, especially in a defense that takes so long to learn. A solid free agent pickup to replace Dhani Jones would be ideal. Then, you play Gaither and Gocong on the other side.

Eaglez.Fan
12-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I still don't like Garcia. He's too small and has to run out of the pocket to have a quality long pass, well a consistant one. I like Feeley alot more and think he should be the starter. He also has done very well with us in the past.

Stallworth still hasn't been re-signed and I'm not to high on him, he makes nice plays like last week and with D-Mac but I don't like his overall consistancy. He's only shown up for a small percent of the plays. Some games he disappreas, others he's the MVP. If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant

jblaze66
12-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Absolutely incorrect. The Eagles and Giants are both a game back of Dallas in the NFC East. However, both teams have 3-1 records in divisional play. If the Falcons beat Dallas and the Eagles beat NY, the Eagles will be in first and will have the tiebreaker over both teams going into Week 16, which will be @ Dallas. The division is not locked up, but Dallas can clinch the title by winning out. A lot will be determined this weekend.

I was just saying if we win out then we win the division, we wouldn't need any outside help.

GaMeTiMe
12-15-2006, 11:49 PM
I still don't like Garcia. He's too small and has to run out of the pocket to have a quality long pass, well a consistant one. I like Feeley alot more and think he should be the starter. He also has done very well with us in the past.

Stallworth still hasn't been re-signed and I'm not to high on him, he makes nice plays like last week and with D-Mac but I don't like his overall consistancy. He's only shown up for a small percent of the plays. Some games he disappreas, others he's the MVP. If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant

Only problem I have is the injuries..I haven't seen him really screw up on the field to this point. He doesn't put up consistant numbers because he's not always targeted..

cunningham06
12-15-2006, 11:55 PM

He's doing pretty well right now though, obviously he's not ideal, but he's just our backup. He's been playing better than expected lately, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If he's horrible against the Giants then sure pull him, but he deserves the Eagles fans support, during the Panthers game when the fans booed him after getting up after Jenkins landed on him was just classless and embarassing for the fans a whole.

Dillen
12-16-2006, 10:25 AM
If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
.....No. He'll be signed long before the Eagles have a chance to draft a good WR, and then they'll be forced to.

cunningham06
12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
.....No. He'll be signed long before the Eagles have a chance to draft a good WR, and then they'll be forced to.

We have a few needs, but WR is not one of them. Those games that he "disappeared" in were mainly because he was slow coming off his injuries. We have a lot of young and talented receivers and it would be a horrible decision to draft a top prospect WR in the first round because the pick could be much better spent on a safety or linebacker.

Dillen
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
That was one hell of a game. Dawkins is still a monster.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I believe I said Philly would make the playoffs even with Garcia, things are looking good.

And you doubted me Dillen. :lol:

cunningham06
12-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Now that we're in the playoff hunt, Dawkins has turned on the A game. I love Dawkins.

Dillen
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I believe I said Philly would make the playoffs even with Garcia, things are looking good.

To be fair, no one could guess that Garcia would play this good.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 07:50 PM

To be fair, no one could guess that Garcia would play this good.

I did, which is why I picked them to make the playoffs, even without McNabb, well ok not this good. :lol:

Number 10
12-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Great win guys.

Don't have the time to give all my thoughts but to sum it up, you guys ran the ball well and stopped the run well....go figure.

The way the NFC has shaped up this season, maybe we'll see each other again.

jblaze66
12-17-2006, 11:05 PM

He truly is the best in the business, noone plays with more heart and intensity. He is always around the ball looking to make a play. He is and has been my favorite Eagle for years, and its because of days like today.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM

He truly is the best in the business, noone plays with more heart and intensity. He is always around the ball looking to make a play. He is and has been my favorite Eagle for years, and its because of days like today.

So why is Trotter in your sig man? :wink:

Jughead10
12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Garcia has been playing well but in my eyes it came down to Jim Johnson and Tim Lewis. Jim being one of the best if not the best D coordinator in the game. And Tim Lewis being a big bafoon. Apparently Johnson knows how to create pressure and Tim Lewis has never head of such a thing.

bigbluedefense
12-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Congratulations on the win guys, well earned. It seems like both our teams did a great job of trying to throw the game away, and you guys made less mistakes.

Dawkins is still a beast, I said in TC he's the best FS in the game, and I still believe it.

And I told ya you would do a good job against our run. Familiarity is the ultimate score settler, and division rivals always play eachother tight because of it. Misdirection doesn't work against a team that plays against it twice a year for the past 10 years or so.

Eaglez.Fan
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Good game overall, I'm still not sold on Garcia. But I never will be. Defense played great in the second half, alright in the 1st. Howard didn't do much. Trotter did pretty good and Gaither did fine aswell. Dawk was obviously huge. I was impressed but we still have a long way to go to look at a potential SuperBowl

jblaze66
12-18-2006, 04:20 PM

So why is Trotter in your sig man? :wink:

He's my avy 8)
I just don't have a good sig of dawk

utfootball1
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
GAITHER came up big, when dawk and trotter retire, hes gona be a good defensive leader

after watching that game we could use a big fast corner like jimmy williams, for PLAX

ps PLAX pushes off every time

HEY ROGER GOODALL plax pushes off every time

cunningham06
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Garcia has been playing well but in my eyes it came down to Jim Johnson and Tim Lewis. Jim being one of the best if not the best D coordinator in the game. And Tim Lewis being a big bafoon. Apparently Johnson knows how to create pressure and Tim Lewis has never head of such a thing.

Ehh... Jim Johnson is certainly not the best defensive coordinator, but he did do pretty well in the Eagles Giants game. This season I haven't been too impressed with him actually.

bsaza2358
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Regardless of how well the D is doing, there needs to be some sort of change on the D for the Eagles. The run D is still is a concern. I believe the Giants had issues running due to all the injuries on their OLine. It wasn't all the Eagles. The D has played better of late, but there is a disconnect between the personnel and the scheme. I like most of the personnel, so I think the scheme needs tweaking.

cunningham06
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Eagles in Pro Bowl-
Shawn Andrews
Lito Sheppard
Brian Dawkins

I'm ecstatic that Dawkins made it. Westbrook had a pro bowl worthy season, he should have made it over Tiki. I'm a little surprised more of our offensive line didn't make it, Jamaal Jackson I thought was really good this year. A case could be made for Trent Cole as well, but overall I'm pleased. Another pro bowl berth strengthens Dawkins case for the HOF.

jblaze66
12-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Westbrook got snubbed because this is Tiki's last year simply put and here are the numbers to back it up:

Westbrook
1756 yards from scrimmage
287 touches
6.1 yards per touch
11 TDs

Barber
1786 yards from scrimmage
340 touches
5.3 yards per touch
2 TDs

Period. End of story.
Sianara Tiki! Hurry up and get to the broadcast studio so Westy can get some love.

bsaza2358
12-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Given Tiki's production and the fact that Jacobs vultured 7 goalline TD's from him, I can't fault him for getting in. Westbrook was in a no win situation. He has All Pro numbers, but he's in a division with 2 other All Pro's (S. Jackson and Gore), and a former all-pro with similar numbers. With Westbrook's injury issues of the past, I'm glad he's not going to Hawaii. Let these other guys get dinged up while BWest rests and recovers. Getting named to the game is nice, but I'd much rather have our stud RB resting.

cunningham06
12-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Given Tiki's production and the fact that Jacobs vultured 7 goalline TD's from him, I can't fault him for getting in. Westbrook was in a no win situation. He has All Pro numbers, but he's in a division with 2 other All Pro's (S. Jackson and Gore), and a former all-pro with similar numbers. With Westbrook's injury issues of the past, I'm glad he's not going to Hawaii. Let these other guys get dinged up while BWest rests and recovers. Getting named to the game is nice, but I'd much rather have our stud RB resting.

Word TODAY'S MY BDAY WOOO CELEBRATING EAGLES STYLE!!!!

bsaza2358
12-22-2006, 09:13 AM
How exactly does one celebrate Eagles style? Perhaps you could elaborate, Cunningham?

bsaza2358
12-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Predictions for the game? I put money down on the Eagles to cover this weekend. I think they have a solid shot to win if the D performs well, so the 7 point spread was overly generous.

I think the Eagles will hang around and have a shot to win. Final score prediction: 26-24. Eagles will cover regardless.

jblaze66
12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Predictions for the game? I put money down on the Eagles to cover this weekend. I think they have a solid shot to win if the D performs well, so the 7 point spread was overly generous.

I think the Eagles will hang around and have a shot to win. Final score prediction: 26-24. Eagles will cover regardless.
I dunno I like the way we have been playing as of late, however I think its a tall task to go on the road 3 weeks in a row especially against all division rivals. I do think we have a good shot to pull this one out but it will be a hard fought game

Prediction: 20-17 Eagles

cunningham06
12-23-2006, 12:32 AM
How exactly does one celebrate Eagles style? Perhaps you could elaborate, Cunningham?

Getting really rowdy and drunk. I meant Eagles FAN style. Haha nonetheless the celebration was good.

cunningham06
12-23-2006, 12:34 AM

I definitely think they will cover, I am not going to say they will win so I don't want to jinx it, but I think at the least they will keep it close. Our defense has been really good lately, and if Garcia can keep this up we'll see. As long as he targets the man in safety coverage we should be alright.

diabsoule
12-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Awesome game, guys! You helped us out a lot. But, congrats on the win. You are looking really good right now.

49ersfan_87
12-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Good game. You guys really took it to the cowboys. Glad to see jeff garcia doing well.

GaMeTiMe
12-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Amazing. What a long, up and down season. I remember even WITH McNabb we weren't supposed to beat IND/CAR/WAS/NYG/DAL/ATL..And we're not looking half bad down the stretch with Garcia :lol:

I'm optimistic about next week. We own Vick. Gotta keep my head on straight though. But wouldn't it be amazing for us to finish with the same record as the Saints? Who would have thought it 5-6 weeks ago?

yodabear
12-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Can u please beat the Falcons for us?

Thank u,
Rams fans

bsaza2358
12-27-2006, 08:47 AM
I am back from a weekend trip, and WHAT A GAME!!!! The D is playing well against both the run and the pass, pressuring the QB, and covering everyone. I'm not sure what has happened, but Jim Johnson has rediscovered the magic, and the team is responding. Garcia and Dawkins are leading this team very well right now. I like the way we're going. They have that "lightning in a bottle" kind of feel right now. Not trying to get too excited, but I think the Eagles are peaking at the right time. It feels a lot like 2001, but the offense has more talent.

Thoughts on the possibilities?

Go_Eagles77
12-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Garcia said it himself, this team isn't stopping 'til we get to Miami, and I have a lot of trust in Garcia right now.

bsaza2358
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Any thoughts on the team gelling behind Garcia and how it will affect next season? A bunch of my local friends (Skins fans) thought that maybe it would affect the team when McNabb comes back...

Dillen
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
The thing that really sticks out now is that when McNabb played, the majority of the skill position players didn't try their hardest and just waited for McNabb to make a big play.

Green Kool Aid
12-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I think that the skill guys don't count on McNabb to throw a good pass. He's not good at checkdowns and isn't a West coast QB. He's definitely mis-used.

Plus, he was aked to do too much. Having a potent running game helps.

Anyone else thinking about the draft?
My thoughts:
1. Landry
2. Griffin
3. Willis
4. Ginn Jr. (a long shot)

Free Agency:
1. Adalius Thomas OR 2. Lance Briggs
3. Daniel Graham (1 good week does NOT make Schobel good)

Dillen
12-27-2006, 10:26 PM
My draft rankings would be...

Laron Landry
Reggie Nelson
Patrick Willis
Michael Griffin
Darrelle Revis

If they're all gone, I have no idea. Eagles need players on defense.

cunningham06
12-28-2006, 12:30 AM
The free agents I want the most are:
Ken Hamlin- we need a playmaking safety who can cover
Adalius Thomas- I see no way that he gets out of Baltimore, but he is probably the most versatile defensive player in the NFL.
Lance Briggs- It would be cool to get Briggs, we could either play him at WLB or we could move him to SLB kind of like DJ Williams so he could replace Dhani Jones and we could keep either McCoy or Gaither at WLB.

As for the Falcons game, as long as we don't beat ourselves by doing stupid stuff like when we played the Bucs we should get the W.

GaMeTiMe
12-28-2006, 01:38 AM
The free agents I want the most are:
Ken Hamlin- we need a playmaking safety who can cover
Adalius Thomas- I see no way that he gets out of Baltimore, but he is probably the most versatile defensive player in the NFL.
Lance Briggs- It would be cool to get Briggs, we could either play him at WLB or we could move him to SLB kind of like DJ Williams so he could replace Dhani Jones and we could keep either McCoy or Gaither at WLB.

As for the Falcons game, as long as we don't beat ourselves by doing stupid stuff like when we played the Bucs we should get the W.

I'd rather draft a safety in the first. Hamlin isn't a SS (unless he has experience there that I don't know of) and doesn't work as a future replacement at FS.

Adalius Thomas reminds me of Trent Cole to tell you the truth. I think we already have a cheaper, younger Adalius Thomas on the team.

Briggs is supposedly a product of the system which is something that worries me..I think he's got bust written all over him.

Honestly if we dont get Thomas or Briggs I'm not sure who we'd take, but I dont know if either is a real great fit.

London Fletcher maybe? Landon Johnson? Cato June?

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Briggs is a product of a system, eh? Well, that system is designed and run by Ron Rivera, a former top defensive assistant and LB coach for the Eagles. The Rivera D is a hybrid of JJ's pressure and Lovie Smith's Tampa 2. The adjustment would be necessary, but there would also be some things that transfer over. Either way, the money necessary to get Briggs wouldn't be worth it, IMO.

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 08:37 AM
The Eagles don't necessarily need any FA LB's at this point. McCoy isn't as bad as he's played this season, and Dhani and Gaither have played really well in the last few weeks against both the run and the pass. With Chris Gocong due back next season, a major FA LB signing is not what the Eagles need. They also can take a look at Derrick Roper or draft someone like Patrick Willis early. Why spend all that cap money on FA LB's, when they have to lock up Stallworth and LJ and look into extending Trotter's contract?

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 08:39 AM
We can all put together a wish list of the Eagles needs at this point, but there's no guarantee any of it will come true. This draft is talented and deep at several positions, including S, DE, LB, QB, and WR. Right now, the Eagles won't draft before #21. That's a lot of players to go through before they pick. I'm anticipating at least 1 playoff win, so that puts them drafting in the 24-28 range, worst case...

Green Kool Aid
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
The Eagles don't necessarily need any FA LB's at this point. McCoy isn't as bad as he's played this season, and Dhani and Gaither have played really well in the last few weeks against both the run and the pass. With Chris Gocong due back next season, a major FA LB signing is not what the Eagles need. They also can take a look at Derrick Roper or draft someone like Patrick Willis early. Why spend all that cap money on FA LB's, when they have to lock up Stallworth and LJ and look into extending Trotter's contract?

Because the Eagles are rollin' in dough! They have no shortage of cap space, especially if they let Kearse go, which is a strong possibility.

McCoy stinks. Look how much better the D is playing with Gaither at WLB. That's an entire portion of the field they don't have to worry about. Just imagine if we had a good player on the other side (AHEM Thomas or Briggs)! The offense is fine. They will resign Stallworth and Garcia, Bolster the D!

De-Fense! De-Fense! De-Fense!

And please don't sell me Roper or Gocong, or any other bargain bin player. Gocong needs to go back to being an edge rusher, which is his strength. That way we can bolster the DEs at the same time.

Adalius Thomas is nothing like Trent Cole because Cole can't play corner. Thomas is a playmaker, just like Briggs is. And if Briggs is a system guy, then this is definitely the right system.

Green Kool Aid
12-28-2006, 09:15 AM
When talking about McCoy, just remeber that little ol' Zach Thomas is the exception, not the rule. McCoy is a special teamer, and nickel/dime LB. I can't tell you how many times I saw him being dragged down on a play.

I think that Eagles fans have just gotten too used to mediocre role players, and have forgotten what it's like to have playmakers.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd rather draft a safety in the first. Hamlin isn't a SS (unless he has experience there that I don't know of) and doesn't work as a future replacement at FS.

Adalius Thomas reminds me of Trent Cole to tell you the truth. I think we already have a cheaper, younger Adalius Thomas on the team.

Briggs is supposedly a product of the system which is something that worries me..I think he's got bust written all over him.

Honestly if we dont get Thomas or Briggs I'm not sure who we'd take, but I dont know if either is a real great fit.

London Fletcher maybe? Landon Johnson? Cato June?
Hamlin could play both.

Adalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.

Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.

Fletcher probably won't leave Buffalo. Johnson isn't even worth mentioning. People think McCoy is a bad WLB? Imagine June in a 4-3.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 11:32 AM
They do need to extend Donte', I agree. Not sure about L.J, and definitely not Trotter. He signed a 5 year deal 2 years ago I believe? He'd either have 2 or 3 years left after this year, and he's definitely been declining.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
McCoy stinks. Look how much better the D is playing with Gaither at WLB. That's an entire portion of the field they don't have to worry about. Just imagine if we had a good player on the other side (AHEM Thomas or Briggs)! The offense is fine. They will resign Stallworth and Garcia, Bolster the D!
McCoy doesn't stink, although as of now I'd definitely take Gaither over him. Gaither is a lot stronger.

Remember, even though McCoy can't get off blocks, that's why he is a WLB. Just like the majority of WLBs in the NFL.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
When talking about McCoy, just remeber that little ol' Zach Thomas is the exception, not the rule. McCoy is a special teamer, and nickel/dime LB. I can't tell you how many times I saw him being dragged down on a play.

I think that Eagles fans have just gotten too used to mediocre role players, and have forgotten what it's like to have playmakers.
Agreed, he definitely needs to get stronger. I think he'll be pretty useful as a STer and a pass down LB...there's nothing wrong with that. You could do far worse with a late 2nd rounder. Him and Gaither is a good nickel LB pair.

People haven't been fair about McCoy. He's made his share of plays this year. About 6 or 7 TFL and 3 FF. He doesn't dominate, but he can make plays.

Just be thankful Keith Adams isn't on the team anymore. He made ZERO plays last year. Not one PD, TFL, INT, FF, or FR.

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
They do need to extend Donte', I agree. Not sure about L.J, and definitely not Trotter. He signed a 5 year deal 2 years ago I believe? He'd either have 2 or 3 years left after this year, and he's definitely been declining.

Trotter signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago. I agree he's been declining, but they have to look at some sort of cap-saving move. The deal is not really friendly in that last year. Maybe a 1 year extension or something like that.

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 11:56 AM

Agreed, he definitely needs to get stronger. I think he'll be pretty useful as a STer and a pass down LB...there's nothing wrong with that. You could do far worse with a late 2nd rounder. Him and Gaither is a good nickel LB pair.

People haven't been fair about McCoy. He's made his share of plays this year. About 6 or 7 TFL and 3 FF. He doesn't dominate, but he can make plays.

Just be thankful Keith Adams isn't on the team anymore. He made ZERO plays last year. Not one PD, TFL, INT, FF, or FR.

I think McCoy is probably not good enough to start in this league, but he has time to get stronger and make a difference. I agree that he made some plays this season, but he needs to bulk up and work on his technique. I think he'll make great strides in the offseason, especially now that Gaither has essentially stolen his job.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Trotter signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago. I agree he's been declining, but they have to look at some sort of cap-saving move. The deal is not really friendly in that last year. Maybe a 1 year extension or something like that.
I was about 99% sure it was a 5 year deal, I looked it up.

Link (http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25993)

None of the salaries are too high. I don't think an extension is in order.

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Fair enough. I recall something completely different. Thanks for setting it straight.

Regardless, this draft is the time where the Eagles find the Trotter replacement. They can't have a situation like 2005, when Trotter was the only MLB we had.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Agreed. That's why I'm all about Willis this year. Him and Gocong fight for SLB time this year, and whatever player wins that, the other is the future at MLB.

I think Gocong could be a very good 4-3 MLB too. I'd just be worried about having him play 3 different positions in 3 years.

cunningham06
12-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Agreed. That's why I'm all about Willis this year. Him and Gocong fight for SLB time this year, and whatever player wins that, the other is the future at MLB.

I think Gocong could be a very good 4-3 MLB too. I'd just be worried about having him play 3 different positions in 3 years.

I love PWillis, but now that we are making a playoff run I don't think we will be in position to draft him without trading up. We will also be past Laron Landry at that point I believe so we could go in several different directions, depending on what we decide to do in free agency. In the event that a safety is not brought in in free agency, we could take Michael Griffin with our first rounder assuming his stock stays the same, and then for LB we could take Anthony Waters in the second, maybe even the third round. I've watched him play many times since I love Clemson, and he is a playmaker. Patrick Willis is the better prospect, but Waters has a lot of potential. He's a quick sideline to sideline LB, and racks up tackles. He also led the ACC in first hits he's also pretty good in coverage, at the very least noticeably better than Trotter. His injury is a concern, but by the combine we should no where he's at and whether he's worth drafting. If he can fully recover, I wouldn't mind passing up picking a LB in the first round as long as we get him. We need a stud in our LB corps.

Dillen
12-28-2006, 02:10 PM
I think Waters will probably be a day 2 pick. I love the guy, but he was a 2nd-3rd rounder before the ACL tear. The injury won't do anything but hurt him.

bsaza2358
12-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I just looked up Waters on another site, and I like him as a later round pick. The ACL tear is a concern, but he has abilities and instincts. I'd be fine taking him as a developmental prospect. More talent can't hurt.

GaMeTiMe
12-28-2006, 11:48 PM
HAdalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.

Exactly, he's thirty. I think Cole will be at his level by that time too.

Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.

Just what I've heard. That's the reason they supposedly would be ok with letting him go.

Imagine June in a 4-3.

Since when doesn't Indy run a 4-3?

Eaglez.Fan
12-29-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the Colts always run a 4-3, but I'd never want him. He's way to undersized and isn't all that great at stopping the run which we've had some consistancy problems there.

12-29-2006, 08:43 AM
We run a Cover 2. It's different.

bsaza2358
12-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Again, I like the way this defense is playing right now, and I don't want to mess with the chemistry. We all know it takes at least a year to get situated in Jim Johnson's defense. I'd rather have a rookie learning and growing into the system with Gaither and Dhani out there than paying a lot of money to Cato June or Briggs.

Dillen
12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Cover Two is way different than a traditional 4-3.

bsaza2358
12-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Dillen, I know June is fast, but do you think he has the size, leverage, and shedding ability to play SLB in our defense under Johnson? I have no idea...

12-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Dillen, I know June is fast, but do you think he has the size, leverage, and shedding ability to play SLB in our defense under Johnson? I have no idea...

No way. He would get eaten up at strongside in 4-3. Plus he couldn't tackle a junior high runningback.

Dillen
12-29-2006, 10:59 AM
No way. If people think McCoy is weak and gets blocked too easily, I wonder what they'd think if they have a worse player making 5x as much.

Dillen
12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Lawrence Timmons is declaring. If Landry, Nelson, Willis, Griffin, and Revis are gone he'd be my next choice. Easily the best SLB prospect. I'd move Gocong back to DE then.

bsaza2358
12-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a long list, Dillen. Still, if the Eagles win their first playoff game, they won't draft until 25th at the earliest. Tough to say they'll do any worse than that, especially if they have the home game agaisnt the weak #6 seed.

I can't find much on Timmons on this and other sites. Can you give us some details?

Dillen
12-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a long list, Dillen. Still, if the Eagles win their first playoff game, they won't draft until 25th at the earliest. Tough to say they'll do any worse than that, especially if they have the home game agaisnt the weak #6 seed.

I can't find much on Timmons on this and other sites. Can you give us some details?
Ha, yeah long list. 5 deep, always be prepared. :lol:

Timmons has pretty good size, off the top of my head 6'3" 230. He looks pretty stocky to me though, although it might be the pads. Really fast. Strong. Very good blitzer. Hard hitter.

I looked up his stats. He's listed at 6'3" 227. 74 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, INT, 2 FR, 3 TDs, 2 blocked kicks.

Jay
12-29-2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.wmmr.com/upload/jaxon/budlight.mp3

:lol:

cunningham06
12-29-2006, 02:48 PM
HAdalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.

Exactly, he's thirty. I think Cole will be at his level by that time too.

Just what I've heard. That's the reason they supposedly would be ok with letting him go.

Imagine June in a 4-3.

That my friend is crazy, not that I wouldn't love it if he was :D . Trent Cole is good, and has the potential to be very good, but Adalius Thomas plays and has played 9 different positions on defense for the Ravens. Cole has versatility as well, but I don't think he has a chance of becoming versatile enough to play defensive back, and he doesn't have heft enough to anchor the defensive line at nose tackle like Thomas can. All I am saying is that Thomas is one of a kind and can be plugged in anywhere while Trent Cole can't.

As for Briggs, maybe he's a product of the system, I don't think he is though, he's big he's fast and he's a playmaker, he would be a good but expensive addition.

I would be pissed if we wasted money to bring in June. He can't defend the run at all, and would actually be worse than what we have right now.

cunningham06
12-29-2006, 02:53 PM

Ha, yeah long list. 5 deep, always be prepared. :lol:

Timmons has pretty good size, off the top of my head 6'3" 230. He looks pretty stocky to me though, although it might be the pads. Really fast. Strong. Very good blitzer. Hard hitter.

I looked up his stats. He's listed at 6'3" 227. 74 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, INT, 2 FR, 3 TDs, 2 blocked kicks.

Based on that Timmons sounds pretty good to me. It sounds like he can bring more to the LB position than just tackling, maybe some sacks and qb pressures? That would be a nice change, and if we replace Dhani at SLB we could probably use him as a backup at both OLB spots since he has played them both. Nelson and Revis I don't know enough about but I will take a look at them. As for Waters, if he has his speed back before the draft, I hope we draft him, if not, I hope we stay away. We could use some speed for our MLB after Trotter is gone.

Eaglez.Fan
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.

cunningham06
12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.

227 out of college isn't that bad, he can get up to 245 pretty soon I bet, and 6'3 245 is a pretty good size for a SLB, maybe even a little heavier.

Dillen
12-29-2006, 09:30 PM

People overblow size way too much. I can understand if he's 5'11" 220 like Cato June, but he's going to bulk up for the NFL anyways. You think it really matters if a mammoth guard is blocking a 227 pound guy versus a 235 guy? The only thing that matters is the players strength, not mass.

Eagles signed Herremans to a 5 year extension worth $16M with a $5M signing bonus. You can always trust the current front office with the lineman. They do an absolutely fantastic job with them.

GaMeTiMe
12-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?

cunningham06
12-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?

I'm pretty sure the plan is to keep him at guard for a little, but once Runyan leaves he will move out to RT. MJG will eventually take over, hopefully he will be ready, but since we have Juan Castillo as our offensive line coach, I have no doubt that he will be. Seriously, there are only a few if any who are better at bringing along young offensive linemen than Castillo, I'm glad we have him.

Dillen
12-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.

Eaglez.Fan
12-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.

That would be one big o-line, but yet great. Imagine if we cud get a big RB. Because even though Westbrook has ran greta this year he hasn't had as much touches as he cud get with his great ypc. I'd like to see him behind that o-line in a couple years though. But knowing Reid we proly won't need a RB that would run 25-35 times a game.

cowboysforever
12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Any chance you guys lay down tomorrow to skip the Giants?

Be another way of screwing the Cowboys.

Seattle is easily more beatable. You get a better draft choice.