PDA

View Full Version : Fill in these sentences...

Hermstheman83
05-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Dwayne Bowe will be considered a bust if he has under _______ yards and less than ___ Touchdowns

Turk McBride will be considered a bust if he has under ______ tackles and _____ sacks.

Tank Tyler will be considered a bust if he has under ______ tackles and _____ sacks.

Kolby Smith will be considered a bust if he has under _______ yards and less than ___ Touchdowns

NIN1984
05-10-2007, 08:50 AM
No one will be considered a bust after just 1 season.

BPhilb
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
No one will be considered a bust after just 1 season.

I agree. I also don't know if yards, sacks, and touchdowns are necessarily the best guages. I will be looking at total offfensive and defensive rank throughout the year to see if we are making an impact. We were 16th in the NFL in both offense and defense last year and I would think if we become a top 10 defense a lot of that would be bacuse of the play of McBride and/or Tyler.

eazyb81
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't think anyone will be considered a bust after 1 year, but i'll play along:

Dwayne Bowe will be considered a bust if he has under __400__yards and less than _4_Touchdowns

Turk McBride will be considered a bust if he has under __20__ tackles and __3__ sacks.

Tank Tyler will be considered a bust if he has under ___20___ tackles and __2__ sacks.

Kolby Smith will be considered a bust if he has under ___150___ yards and less than _2_ Touchdowns

Hermstheman83
05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't think that's completely true. You spend a great deal amount of time scouting these guys and this in turn deserves results out on the field. I think this is especially true for Dwayne Bowe. We haven't taken a reciever in the first round for a long time. He dominated at the Senior Bowl, etc. Reflecting back on this, your right about Turk and Tyler, I think if they start, and our defense improves to a top ten defense, then they are not busts.

Splat
05-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't think any player on any team should be a called a bust after one season I still get a good laugh about people saying LJ was a bust his rookie year. I give players three years then you can start to say bust if you want to but some even take longer then that.

Hermstheman83
05-14-2007, 01:30 AM
I don't think any player on any team should be a called a bust after one season I still get a good laugh about people saying LJ was a bust his rookie year. I give players three years then you can start to say bust if you want to but some even take longer then that.

Very good point. But that being said, you are telling me that Tamba, Bernard and Page aren't successful players in the NFL after one season? Perhaps this could be a fluke(I hope not) but I expect to see some results with high end picks like McBride, Tank and D-Bo