PDA

View Full Version : McNair in trouble with the Law!

YouNeverKnow
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, not to a Cincinnati Bengal level, but still worth a mention on ESPN apparently. He was in his truck which was being driven by a friend who was drunk at the time, and was pulled over for speeding. It was only a misdemeanor charge though for McNair, but he was still booked into jail.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866004

McNair in lockup, its now Boller's chance to shine!

ChewyRaven318
05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
That's the stupidest law ever. If McNair is convicted(and he won't be, he got out of a DUI when he was actually driving..i can imagine him getting the same lawyer), TN is REALLY ****** up.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh man he should be put behind bars, and Troy Smith should start.

jkpigskin
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
nashville is wack
i heard this in the morning and totally blew my mind how stupid a law can be....

nothing will happen, just a little media buzz

EdReedUnstoppable
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Goodell needs to do the right thing and suspend him, McNair deserves no special treatment from the Commish.

Bring on Bollertime!!!! WELCOME TO BOLLERMORE, MD!!!

etk
05-10-2007, 03:55 PM
The KBC is alive and kickin'!

Troj2man
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Suspend Mcnair because he was intoxicated in the passenger seat? Come on guys, he's not going to be in any trouble because of this. The law in Tennesse is that anyone who is intoxicated in a car must be arrested regardless of if they were driving or not. Pretty stupid law if you ask me.

This is his first offense by the way(if you can even call it that). The DUI in 2003 was dropped. This will all blow over as it should, and he'll be here for the entire season.

Goodell needs to do the right thing and suspend him, McNair deserves no special treatment from the Commish.

Bring on Bollertime!!!! WELCOME TO BOLLERMORE, MD!!!

Suspended for what, being responsible? If he was driving then I would have agreed with you, but he was the passenger, big difference. I'm sure most of us old enough here have been in a car intoxicated at some point as a passenger. Believe me, there is no suspension coming Mcnair's way.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Suspended for what, being responsible? If he was driving then I would have agreed with you, but he was the passenger, big difference. I'm sure most of us old enough here have been in a car intoxicated at some point as a passenger. Believe me, there is no suspension coming Mcnair's way.

So its responsible to get in a car with a drunk driver, and its responsible to let your friend drive drunk? Let me answer no it isn't.

America
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
That's the gayest law ever, It won't matter at all. Whatever, I still cannot see why people in Baltimore actually like Kyle Boller that much.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
That's the gayest law ever, It won't matter at all. Whatever, I still cannot see why people in Baltimore actually like Kyle Boller that much.

Don't matter its the law and he broke it. Its the same law in MD if your in a car being driven by a drunk driver you get arrested. Its not a bad law either any law that tries to keep people from driving drunk is a GOOD law.

niel89
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
as far as i know he is still our starter.

Troj2man
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't think that is a law in MD. I've never heard of someone being arrested for being in a car with a drunk driver.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't think that is a law in MD. I've never heard of someone being arrested for being in a car with a drunk driver.

It is the law, if you are a passenger in a car being driven by a drunk driver you get arrested.

Troj2man
05-10-2007, 08:11 PM
You're right there is a law here similar to the one in Tennessee.

bennybee38
05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
that law is rediculous.Those cops needa just chill and stop acting like their chosen from god. Cops in Rhode Island are the most laid back cops on the planet

EdReedUnstoppable
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
that law is rediculous.Those cops needa just chill and stop acting like their chosen from god. Cops in Rhode Island are the most laid back cops on the planet

Look Ill agree that Im just goin with this so much because I hate McNair, and yes the law is kinda over the top. But I will say this, the only thing lower than a drunk driver (other than murderer of course) is a kid toucher. When you drive drunk you not only put your life at risk but you risk the lives of innocent people, any kind of law to try and keep drunk drivers off the road is a good one.

bennybee38
05-11-2007, 02:10 PM
but sitting in the passenger seat is the safe thing to do. If you wanna have a fun night and go party have a designated driver. Was he supposed to sit in the back? Was he supposed to walk home? I dont get it

EdReedUnstoppable
05-11-2007, 07:41 PM
but sitting in the passenger seat is the safe thing to do. If you wanna have a fun night and go party have a designated driver. Was he supposed to sit in the back? Was he supposed to walk home? I dont get it

Dude the driver of the car was drunk! He was supposed to take a cab, get a designaeted driver who wasn't drunk, do anything but get in a car with a drunk driver!

jkpigskin
05-11-2007, 08:46 PM
i agree with ERU that mcnair has some fault..
but i know how chaotic your mind can be late at night and you probably dont realize something until its too late...

and it wasnt like this guy was SPEEDIng, heard he was going 45 on a 30... and trust me,, ive seen guys go 50-60 on those roads and get away with it

jkpigskin
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070510/capt.7b9ebf7832bb445fab5da9a8e822a6d0.mcnair_arres ted_tnmh107.jpg

Ravens1991
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
is there any word what the driver blew on the breathalizer. What McNair is going to do is say he thought his brother in law wasn't legally drunk so he let him take the car home.

Troj2man
05-13-2007, 03:15 AM
They both looked pretty hammered in those pictures. Mcnair looks bad, but not as bad as his brother in law.

someone447
05-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Dude the driver of the car was drunk! He was supposed to take a cab, get a designaeted driver who wasn't drunk, do anything but get in a car with a drunk driver!

Like I said in the other thread, just about everyone who has drank has either driven drunk, or been with someone who is driving drunk.

niel89
05-13-2007, 04:10 AM
is there any word what the driver blew on the breathalizer. What McNair is going to do is say he thought his brother in law wasn't legally drunk so he let him take the car home.

the other driver failed the field test and then refused a breathalizer