PDA

View Full Version : David Givens

Pit Bull #53
05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070510/SPORTS01/70510028/1027

Givens not optimistic about start of the season

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

During the course of the offseason, the Titans have expressed optimism every time anyone has asked about the chances of receiver David Givens being ready for the start of the season.

On Thursday, Givens gave a more realistic account.

Givens revealed he had a second surgery on his left knee roughly six weeks ago, and said his recovery has been slower than he expected.

My expectations are to be back at some time this season, I dont know exactly when, Givens said. It is kind of a week-to-week thing right now. When I can start doing some pounding on it, Ill have a better idea at that time.

Givens suffered a torn left ACL last season, but he also broke the femur, which needed to be repaired with bone plugs, and also suffered a torn meniscus. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said last month he was hopeful Givens might be back for the start of the season.

Givens said he was using a cane up until two weeks ago.That's not good. I thought all along he was gonna be put on the PUP list, though. The starting WR opposite BJones is wide open now. Time to see who wants it more. With the number of receivers we have, you better either step up or you're in real danger of being cut.

stephenson86
05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
i see it going to our 3rd rounder (cant remember his name)

smittyjs
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
i see it going to our 3rd rounder (cant remember his name)
Paul Williams, Givens is looking like our next FA WR bust..... :(

Bobo
05-13-2007, 06:43 PM
If we keep the current roster, I'm going to guess Roby gets the #2. At least it's been said he'll get more opporitunities. But I kinda hope we'll rotate wr's so much that it'll be somewhat of an open competition on Sundays.

A healthy Ben Troupe can be a big help to the passing game. Man it'd be great if he puts up the #'s we expect this year.

Pit Bull #53
05-13-2007, 07:27 PM
If we keep the current roster, I'm going to guess Roby gets the #2. At least it's been said he'll get more opporitunities. But I kinda hope we'll rotate wr's so much that it'll be somewhat of an open competition on Sundays.

A healthy Ben Troupe can be a big help to the passing game. Man it'd be great if he puts up the #'s we expect this year.

No doubt. This is the year that Troupe HAS to step up. I thought the year before last he did pretty good, 55 receptions or something like that, now he needs to replicate that season, but throw in a few more big plays.

Coaches have seemed to be talking alot about Chris Henry as a receiver out of the backfield, so even if he doesn't pan out as a runner (hope he does), it seems that at least he can be a versatile guy that can make some catches.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Chris Davis has a chance to start for you guys, and be a huge threat in the return game.

Pit Bull #53
06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Chris Davis has a chance to start for you guys, and be a huge threat in the return game.

I don't think he'll end up starting, but he has a legit chance to get alot of work in the slot. I'd say he and Courtney Roby are the top 2 candidates for the slot receiver.

I think Roydell is the darkhorse to be the starter.

luckyjackaubrey
06-01-2007, 06:46 PM
It is a true shame about Givens. Of all the guys who left the Pats I miss him the most. He was such a stand up competitor. He will never be an all-pro but he was good at everything. I hope he bounces back for you. I would have loved to see him stay in NE and let Branch go from the beginning. Maybe he would be wishing that in hindsight as well.

Pit Bull #53
06-01-2007, 07:26 PM
It was such a weird injury too. I can't believe he tore his ACL, meniscus, and broke his femur without any contact at all and without even making a cut.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-10-2007, 12:48 AM
It was such a weird injury too. I can't believe he tore his ACL, meniscus, and broke his femur without any contact at all and without even making a cut.

How'd Givens get injured?