PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Candidates.

PoopSandwich
05-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Who do you think will be in the running for the heisman, and who do you think will win it?

tdpennstate
05-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I think it will be Slaton or Mcfadden, Mcfadden may have a tough time because Arkansas doesnt have a QB, so defenses will put nine in the box. Slaton is in a more balannced offense and defenses also have to watch out for Pat White. So i think slaton is going to have the bigger year.

Xiomera
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Mike Hart is a better candidate to win it than Chad Henne. Hart is the player that drives the entire team. And he came close to getting invited to NY last year.

Apriori
05-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I like Hart although McFadden has a huge jump on everybody else in terms of publicity.

Bengals1690
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
desean jackson

rainbeaukid2
05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
desean jackson

word ..........

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I like Booty, I think that the supporting cast that he has around him will lead to him putting up great numbers this year. Also, he could potentialy lead the Trojans to the National Title which can only help his cause to win the Heisman.

Philliez01
05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
This is a post I made on my boards in March so it's a little dated I guess.

Well there's definitely plenty of choices.

John David Booty appears to be the next in line to the recent great QBs that USC has had on there team (with Mark Sanchez waiting). But the one thing that hurts his chances is the loss of top WRs in Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. Patrick Turner has some experience but they will have to rely on last year's top-WR recruit in Vidal Hazelton. I don't expect him to win but he'll get some consideration.

Darren McFadden is returning to Arkansas as the favorite this year. He does have the name recognition, stats and skill to be considered the favorite. The one thing that can limit him is if teams can catch up to the system that Arkansas runs. Cody Dick may just be the QB this year and he's possibly one of the worst starting QBs in D-1A football.

Mike Hart isn't the best pro prospect but he does have a very good chance at being the Heisman Winner this year. Michigan returns most of it's talent this year offensively (including Henne, Manningham and Jake Long) which will definitely help his cause out.

Ray Rice was last year's feel-good story of Rutgers (!) but he enters the season without FB Brian Leonard. Rice will take a full load this year with Kordell Young taken some carries from him here and there. Rice did have an unbelieveable year last year but can he repeat that this season? Rutgers will need to have a great year this year for him to get the invite to New York.

Colt Brennan is a good possibility as well if he can match his 2006 year, albeit that will be hard. Brennan does go to Hawaii so it's hard for him to get the national attention but seeing how the team looks, don't be shocked to see them regularly in the top-25. If he puts up 50 TDs, don't expect him to get overlooked this year.

-black
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Brennan.........

HuskerNation
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Brennan.........

Agree, Hawaii is gonna go undefeated

sweetness34
05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
JUUUUIIIIICCCCEEEEE!!!! :D

I'll say it's McFadden's to lose right now.

BigJohn98
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I picked Adrian Peterson to win it this past season. Had he not gotten injured, he probably would have won it. This year I think it will be Steve Slaton.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Desean Jackson

Paranoidmoonduck
05-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Jackson can't even land a mention in the poll? Sad.

Tigers60
05-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I think that McFadden is the favorite but I think Rafael Little is going to have a huge year and could be a sleeper.

TouchdownUSC
05-12-2007, 02:25 AM
John David Booty, USC

Michigan
05-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Agree, Hawaii is gonna go undefeated

boise state 2007 is even better than boise state 2006.

Zyro_1014
05-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I think that McFadden is definately the favorite to start the season, hes a heck of a running back but im also one of the guys that think that your team has to have a good year to win it.

I think Booty has a huge advantage because SC is number 1 in the country, lookin to be in the NC, and he has a lot of weapons comin back on the offense even with the loss of Smith and Jarrett.

I think Slaton can also, because he always puts up big numbers and with teams trying to focus on stopping white also, he will go off. West Virginia is usually in the top 10 so dont count him out.

BuckNaked
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
McFadden's gonna win it.

Geomar
05-13-2007, 09:45 AM
how about some sleepwers like javariss james how about some defense like kenny phillips and glenn dorseyand how about that huge specimen defensive end from the U 6'8 282 pound calais campbell(didyou know he had 10.5 sacks 20.5 tacles for loss of yards and 84 tackles and he was not even an all-american and he was not even the named the best defensive player in the nation now that is some big time b.s. that he didnt make it to an alla merican team man all these college football analysits need to take a look at this guy he is a monster.) and how about som o-line like jake kong

NickBam
05-13-2007, 11:25 AM
1. Colt Brennan
2. Brian Brohm
3. Darren McFadden

Hunter S. Thompson
05-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Slaton will win it.

McFadden is losing a lot on the offensive line, and splitting carries with Felix Jones will hurt his overall statistics. Plus his offensive coordinator just left for Tulsa so the creativity of the offense with him throwing for TD's will lessen.

West Virginia will lose one game this season and Slaton will get close to 2,000 yards. He'll be the close winner over McFadden and Booty.