PDA

View Full Version : The next TO (physically gifted WR)

JoeMontainya
05-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Braylon Edwards, he is a beast in these pics......

WEBSITE = http://braylonedwards.com/

go to his photo gallery and look under "casual1" and "casual2". ESPN did an article on him that leads you to believe this could be an amazing year for him. I can only imagine if he had a solid QB. Hes fully recovered from his injury now and if he could improve his hands (please get laser eye surjury) then he would be a very tough prospect to stop. This is his 3rd year so exspect some things.

ccB
05-11-2007, 12:08 PM
ughhhhh Calvin Johnson?

Number 10
05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Edwards really isn't even close to TO in terms of physical gifts IMO.

bryanGENE
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
kinda fruity imo

T-RICH49
05-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Dwayne Bowe is a phyisical specimen

Flyboy
05-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I think Marques Colston isn't too far off. They aren't exactly the same but their playing styles are pretty similar.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
i don't get it??

fenikz
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Quan is already a better and more productive version of TO with out the drama

EdReedUnstoppable
05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Best physical specimens at WR in the NFL are....

1. Calvin Johnson
2. TO
3. Andre Johnson

jkpigskin
05-11-2007, 12:54 PM

1. Calvin Johnson
2. TO
3. Andre Johnson
yup and i would add marques colston at 4

braylon is a good reciever with great speed but isnt the physical prescence as these guys

EdReedUnstoppable
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM
yup and i would add marques colston at 4

braylon is a good reciever with great speed but isnt the physical prescence as these guys

I always forget how big he is, isn;t he 6'4 230 if so then yeah he definitely gets #4.

JoeMontainya
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Ya I kinda got the wrong point across. When I said phsical specimen, it really had no relation to football. Braylon definatly is gifted, but nowhere near the category of some of the other guys. I just ment looking at pictures and willing to bet your life theres more then protein shakes in his system.

bigbluedefense
05-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Marques Colston is not a physical specimen guys. Hes big, but he's also slow for his position.

He makes up for it with his size, hands, and precise route running. If he was a freak, he wouldn't last until the 7th round. Period. Doesn't matter what his coach said about him, or what school he went to. He wouldve been taken earlier.

fenikz
05-11-2007, 01:44 PM
how is Matt Jones not on the list of physical specimens

6'6
4.41 - 40
40" - Vertical

Auron
05-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Marques Colston is not a physical specimen guys. Hes big, but he's also slow for his position.

He makes up for it with his size, hands, and precise route running. If he was a freak, he wouldn't last until the 7th round. Period. Doesn't matter what his coach said about him, or what school he went to. He wouldve been taken earlier.

He definitely is not "slow".. you can ask Carolina's secondary about that. When he beats them for an 86 yard TD in a prevent Defense especially designed to stop that kind of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EU8nZJroOc

I don't remember his exact combine times but I'm pretty sure he runs in the 4.4 range (when his ankle was healthy) which is good for a receiver that's 6'4, 230 lbs. The reason he lasted until round 7 was because he was from Hofstra, and some his coaches weren't particularly enthusiastic of him coming out.

tjsunstein
05-11-2007, 02:08 PM
You guys are putting Calvin Johnson up there with Pro Bowlers and he has yet to play a single snap in the NFL. Remember Charles Rogers was physical and as talented as anyone when he came out then turned out like he did in Detroit.

1. TO
2. Andre Johnson
3. Chad Johnson ( Why hasnt he been mentioned? )
4. Marques Colston
5. Javon Walker, 6-3 200lbs

Honorable Mention: Anquan Boldin

bigbluedefense
05-11-2007, 02:10 PM
He definitely is not "slow".. you can ask Carolina's secondary about that. When he beats them for an 86 yard TD in a prevent Defense especially designed to stop that kind of play.

I don't remember his exact combine times but I'm pretty sure he runs in the 4.4 range (when his ankle was healthy) which is good for a receiver that's 6'4, 230 lbs. The reason he lasted until round 7 was because he was from Hofstra, and some his coaches weren't particularly enthusiastic of him coming out.

He's not slow, but he's not lightning fast either. His speed is average. Theres alot more to catching the deepball than speed. Breakdowns in coverage, double moves etc can get a guy open.

He was never heralded coming out as a burner, or even a stretch receiver for that matter. He's a possession receiver that uses great technique and crisp route running to get open downfield as well as the intermediate and short routes.

The system surely helps too. When you come out with 3 WRs to 4 WRs on every play, it makes him difficult to defend. He can isolate his man and body him up.

He's a great PLAYER, but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 in terms of physical specimens.

WMD
05-11-2007, 02:13 PM

1. Calvin Johnson
2. TO
3. Andre Johnson

You're clearly missing Clarence Moore. That's just inexcusable.. For shame, ERU.. For shame.

Moses
05-11-2007, 02:14 PM

1. Calvin Johnson
2. TO
3. Andre Johnson

Randy Moss has to be on that list, at least if his nagging injuries stop.

Auron
05-11-2007, 02:18 PM
He's not slow, but he's not lightning fast either. His speed is average. Theres alot more to catching the deepball than speed. Breakdowns in coverage, double moves etc can get a guy open.

He was never heralded coming out as a burner, or even a stretch receiver for that matter. He's a possession receiver that uses great technique and crisp route running to get open downfield as well as the intermediate and short routes.

The system surely helps too. When you come out with 3 WRs to 4 WRs on every play, it makes him difficult to defend. He can isolate his man and body him up.

He's a great PLAYER, but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 in terms of physical specimens.
You're right he's not a burner, but he's not a sluggish 4.7, 4.8 guy either.. not that you in particular were indicating that but a lot of people just assume that.

He's mostly utilized in the intermediate to short passing game, but when his ankle was healthy in the beginning part of the season he was getting behind Defenses frequently.

He's not an amazing physical specimen like CJ, but he has more than enough in the physical skill set department.

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why pure physical tools are overrated in some ways.

Moses
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
You're right he's not a burner, but he's not a sluggish 4.7, 4.8 guy either.. not that you in particular were indicating that but a lot of people just assume that.

He's mostly utilized in the intermediate to short passing game, but when his ankle was healthy in the beginning part of the season he was getting behind Defenses frequently.

He's not an amazing physical specimen like CJ, but he has more than enough in the physical skill set department.

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why physical tools are more often than not a bit over rated.

Braylon is a 4.4-4.5 guy if I remember correctly. He's the prototype of a WCO receiver, at least that's what I think when I see him play.

tom
05-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Could this be gayer?

You are SO ***!

You must *** it up every day...

I bet your favourite player is Randall ***!

Bengals1690
05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
that was the most annoying website ever

bigbluedefense
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Like your sig says Instincts > Speed, Colston has great ball skills and a keen ability to adjust to balls in the air which gives him a huge advantage. Which is why pure physical tools are overrated in some ways.

Of course. Which is why I said he's a great PLAYER.

The topic though who is the most phsyically gifted. I don't think he belongs in the convo. He's a great player though. No question. I never denied this.

bored of education
05-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Braylon Edwards?

Auron
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM

The topic though who is the most phsyically gifted. I don't think he belongs in the convo. He's a great player though. No question. I never denied this.

I agreed he's not a physical freak on the level of a TO, or a CJ, but what do you think he's physically lacking to not be even considered in the lower tier of physically gifted Receivers.

6'4 frame, 230 lbs, 4.4 - 4.5 speed.

We touched on the speed issue, not blazing but relatively impressive for size ratio.

Not close to CJ attributes but it's a stretch to say he's not physically gifted in the least bit.

Shiver
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Colston may have run in the low 4.5 range. His shuttle and 3-cone numbers were not good, though. He lacks fluidity and explosion. Which is why a lot of teams thought he was a TE/WR 'tweener coming out of college.

niel89
05-11-2007, 03:15 PM
You're clearly missing Clarence Moore. That's just inexcusable.. For shame, ERU.. For shame.

thank you for saying it first

CLARENCE MOORE > god

keylime_5
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM

He ran a 4.6 something at the combine. He is not a fast, burner type WR. He's a big physical guy who can go across the middle and make catches all over the field. You won't see Colston running any routes down the sideline beating corners deep.

remix 6
05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Chad Jackson is physically built..
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/11/27/1164641616_2379.jpg
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061022/061022_patriots_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=16404&searchstring=chad%20jackson
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=16199&searchstring=chad%20jackson

6"1..220 maybe more with 4.32 speed. and 38-39 verticle is pretty impressive. but also hes impressive with his body..built

Auron
05-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Colston may have run in the low 4.5 range. His shuttle and 3-cone numbers were not good, though. He lacks fluidity and explosion. Which is why a lot of teams thought he was a TE/WR 'tweener coming out of college.
As a bigger receiver he doesn't have the natural short area explosion that smaller, quicker types of receivers have (like a Steve Smith, Santana Moss for example)

However Colston is a guy who looks more explosive on film.. at actual game speed.

Colston - 53 yard Reception (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpxMm_rDupo)

53 yard reception on a Slant 'n Go route. He's facing man coverage from Chris McAllister. He sets up the defender up with an excellent head fake, loosens the hips and displays good lateral agility breaking toward the sideline.

That's gaining great separation against one of the best Man corners in the league, and on a deeper route which many people assume Colston doesn't run... luckily McAllister has excellent recovery speed.

--
Another example 36 Yard Touchdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFi2jffFYps)

Deep corner route, beats the Safety deep. Ball is a tad underthrown so he has to come back under it, shields the Safety away from the ball and catches it one handed for the TD.

princefielder28
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Calvin Johnson = TO with hands and a good attitude

portermvp84
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Calvin Johnson = TO with hands and a good attitude

Thats the perfect WR IMO.

icantackleclaret
05-11-2007, 04:16 PM
What about Roy Williams 6'2" 212 of pure beast.

Woody56
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Vincent Jackson is a very gifted WR, 6-5 240, 4.46 speed and a 40 inch vert.

Achilles33
05-11-2007, 05:11 PM
T.O. is a god. If anyone can touch him it is CJ. Just look at T.O. He is the most fit player in the NFL.

Oh and Auron get off of Marcus Colston's ****. He isn't even that good. He had a good rookie year. He is slow, and isn't physical. I don't really think he will be that good anymore. He had a great rookie year, and now he will tail off.

Flyboy
05-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh and Auron get off of Marcus Colston's ****. He isn't even that good. He had a good rookie year. He is slow, and isn't physical. I don't really think he will be that good anymore. He had a great rookie year, and now he will tail off.

Man, I love haters. They make my day better.

Addict
05-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Thats the perfect WR IMO.

He already said 'CJ' :D

And in some of those (VERY photoshopped or whatever) pictures (especially the 'casual' ones) Edwards looks more like a Honey for Hire than a wide reciever.

niel89
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
T.O. is a god. If anyone can touch him it is CJ. Just look at T.O. He is the most fit player in the NFL.

the question is though, can TO beat Newman?

:D

05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
That had to be the worst music I have ever heard.

ks_perfection
05-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Chad Jackson is physically built..
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/11/27/1164641616_2379.jpg
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061022/061022_patriots_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=16404&searchstring=chad%20jackson
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=16199&searchstring=chad%20jackson

6"1..220 maybe more with 4.32 speed. and 38-39 verticle is pretty impressive. but also hes impressive with his body..built

Whats Jacksons situation for next season? Will he be completely better from his injury and if so where would he be on the depth chart?

Sniper
05-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Well tell God to get better hands. 15 drops?!?!?!?! I know he had a broken hand, but God should at least limit himself to 7-8

remix 6
05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Whats Jacksons situation for next season? Will he be completely better from his injury and if so where would he be on the depth chart?

some sources say hes gonna be running in June..should be ready for Training camp and preseason while some other sources speculate he will be PUPed.

the problem with Chad wasnt skill..he showed speed..leaping ability..playmaking skills and great hands. He admit he didnt take time to understand the playbook and that cost him. If he can comeback healthy with the playbook in his head..he can easily be ahead of Stallworth and Welker. That probably wont happen with BB liking experienced guys more. Skill wise hes starting material..playbook and hes behind. I think if he comes back healthy he'll compete for the slot but likely 4th WR if he stays healthy since we paid Welker a good amount

jkpigskin
05-11-2007, 08:57 PM
looking throught this thread, there are a bunch of physically gifted recievers who are both tall, builit and fast, there are just some who stick out more because of production

if matt jones can become a legit #1, then no doubt will more people see him as a top tier phsysically gifted reciever....

ninerfan
05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
That was 1 of the least hetro sites I have ever visited, I need to wash just thinking about it

BlindSite
05-12-2007, 01:59 AM

LOL on the route Where mike minter basically blocks two corners. That's not his speed that's minter's age.

Dam8610
05-12-2007, 04:02 AM

Colston a great player? I'd want to see more than one season from him before I started throwing that label out there. He was pretty impressive last year though.

Shahin
05-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Looks like somebody has a little man-crush on Braylon

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 06:29 AM
the question is though, can TO beat Newman?

:D

With pass rush no, just 1 on 1, of course. T.O. could beat any CB in the league 1 on 1 with no pass rush when 100% healthy. And that includes Bailey.

elway777
05-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Marques Colston

are more Owens type players.

remix 6
05-12-2007, 01:07 PM
idk why people are saying Matt Jones. he wasnt talking about height-speed..he was talking more along lines of: look at Braylon Edwards..hes very built..can be like TO

Jones doesnt look very built..honestly cmon.

Mr. Stiller
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
WTF!?!?!

Not one person Mentions Vernon Davis?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0608/galley.nlf.vernondavis/images/0-015779870.jpg

6'3
250 lbs
4.38 40'
33 reps of 225
42" Vertical
10'8" Broad
4.17 Shuttle
7.00 Cone

don't even say he's not a WR either.. he's 6'3, is a great receiver and runs a sub 4.4, he's a receiver.

Mr. Stiller
05-12-2007, 01:29 PM
With pass rush no, just 1 on 1, of course. T.O. could beat any CB in the league 1 on 1 with no pass rush when 100% healthy. And that includes Bailey.

Any WR could beat ANY CB without a pass-rush... Unless you change the defensive penalties. If not, the WR will get open eventually. Hence, everyone needs a great pass-rush and why Mario Williams was taken #1 overall in 2006.

remix 6
05-12-2007, 01:45 PM
WTF!?!?!

Not one person Mentions Vernon Davis?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0608/galley.nlf.vernondavis/images/0-015779870.jpg

6'3
250 lbs
4.38 40'
33 reps of 225
42" Vertical
10'8" Broad
4.17 Shuttle
7.00 Cone

don't even say he's not a WR either.. he's 6'3, is a great receiver and runs a sub 4.4, he's a receiver.
maybe because he said Physically Gifted WR. Hes not listed as a WR..he lines up at TE more..and he was drafted as a TE.

not TE. if we went TE Ben Watson is a freak aswell

look at Given's arms

http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/lookers3/David_Givens.jpg

DeathbyStat
05-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Braylon Edwards, he is a beast in these pics......

WEBSITE = http://braylonedwards.com/

go to his photo gallery and look under "casual1" and "casual2". ESPN did an article on him that leads you to believe this could be an amazing year for him. I can only imagine if he had a solid QB. Hes fully recovered from his injury now and if he could improve his hands (please get laser eye surjury) then he would be a very tough prospect to stop. This is his 3rd year so exspect some things.

Maybe he should concentrate more on being an impact player then having a cool web site....you bloody homer

icantackleclaret
05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
maybe because he said Physically Gifted WR. Hes not listed as a WR..he lines up at TE more..and he was drafted as a TE.

not TE. if we went TE Ben Watson is a freak aswell

look at Given's arms

http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/lookers3/David_Givens.jpg

That ticked me off in fantasy football... Colston was a WR/TE. In order to be a TE you should have to line up with your hand in the dirt at least 1 time every game. Atleast Davis, Winslow and Watson do that.... not that I'm bitter.

bored of education
05-12-2007, 06:33 PM
seriously, did I miss read the thread creator's idea of whom he thinks is the 'next TO"....Braylon Edwards.

I need the laugh thanks + rep.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Chad Johnson isn't a physical specimen. He is a great WR, but he isn't that big, and his speed is nothing to rave about.