PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Scott Wright
11-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Discuss the Titans here.

MicktheGreat
11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
First post in the new Titans' thread...woo-hoo!!! 8)

So...another site that I was reading was breaking down how the Titans DEF is actually somehow WORSE this year than it was last year. They pose an interesting question: With the addition of players like Chris Hope, Robaire Smith, David Thornton, and Cortland Finnegan (all of whom have made plays this year), how can the DEF be statistically worse??? Do the problems lie with the players or with something else...*cough* Schwartz *cough*...

I think this is what us Titans' fans on this board have been saying for awhile. Will Schwartz FINALLY be gone after this season, so that our defensive talent can play up to their potential???

Pit Bull #53
11-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Damn, I had a nice long post typed up and my pc froze. Oh well, I'll give it another go.

I think Schwartzie's ulta conservative schemes do play a large part into why our defense is so bad, but if you want my opinion, another huge reason is because we are soft up the middle. Randy Starks cannot hold up against the run, he gets pushed around. Robaire is ok against the run, but he's no dominant stuffer. Then the to top it all of, we have probably the slowest, least physical MLB in the leage, Pete Sirmon, behind them. It's just not a winning combination.

We need to build our defense back up geared to stopping the run, and it all starts in the trenches. What I would do, is use the same blueprint that the Jacksonville Jaguars used:

Say we are picking in the 6-10 (which is very realistic because of tiebreakers) range in the draft. CJ and Gaines are gone. I pick Alan Branch to team with Big Al next year. Al and Al.

Branch = 6'6 330
Albert = 6'6 320, though if you look at him, he's clearly around 330

Use Starks and Mahelona in rotation, let Robaire walk. Put those two beasts together starting at DT, and let Tulloch be a sideline-to-sideline MLB, sort of cut in the mold of Mike Peterson.

Then, with the $41 Mill in cap space, I'd probably try to sign a CB or OL like Asante Samuel or Eric Steinbach. I'd also lock up some of our younger guys long term. In rd 2, I'd look to upgrade CB or DE. Say:

Rd 1. Alan Branch
Rd 2. Fred Bennett

That'd be:

RDE: Travis LaBoy (look to upgrade in FA!)
DT: Alan Branch
DT: Albert Haynesworth
LDE: Kyle Vanden Bosch

WLB: Keith Bulluck
MLB: Stephen Tulloch
SLB: David Thornton

RCB: Fred Bennett
FS: LaMont Thompson/Vincent Fuller/Calvin Lowry (camp battle or upgrade in FA)
SS: Chris Hope
LCB: Adam Jones

Do I think it'll happen? No, because I think the staff views Starks and Robaire as quality starter, but if I were running the team, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Pit Bull #53
11-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Forgot to add, I'd fire Schwartz and hire a new DC as well, I'll need to research some candidates before I choose.

Of course this will all never happen, but...

smittyjs
11-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey smitty, how you been doing?

smittyjs
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey smitty, how you been doing?Good :lol:

Pit Bull #53
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Odom had knee arthroscopic knee surgery today. Fisher says he might miss 2-3 weeks, maybe less. I'm starting to think Odom will never shake the injury bug. :?

stephenson86
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN # SEASONS THE TITANS ARE GOING TO BE ON TELLY IN ENGLAND :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: so happy :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ravens1991
11-11-2006, 12:29 PM
why do you have crying smilies then stephnonson?

Titansfan #53
11-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I think the Titans will pick up a FA FS, and CB. Since we are supposed to have 41 million in cap space next year.

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I remember when the Oilers first moved to Tennessee and there were serious discussions that they might be named the Tennessee Tuxedos. That would have been the best damn mascot ever.

Pit Bull #53
11-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I remember when the Oilers first moved to Tennessee and there were serious discussions that they might be named the Tennessee Tuxedos. That would have been the best damn mascot ever.

:lol: :lol: That would have been awesome.

Anyway, could of updates:

Calvin Lowry got some practice reps with the 1st team defense at FS. LaMont should still start, but he could be on a short leash...hopefully...or this could mean nothing at all.

Rob Reynolds got placed on IR and we signed Terna Nande off the PS to the active roster.

rainbeaukid2
11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
terna nande is pretty good but it is too bad that he is buried in the depth chart

Pit Bull #53
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
terna nande is pretty good but it is too bad that he is buried in the depth chart

I thought he would be a beast on special teams, but he looked really bad in preseason. Overpursued alot and missed a bunch of tackles as well.

rainbeaukid2
11-11-2006, 03:35 PM

I thought he would be a beast on special teams, but he looked really bad in preseason. Overpursued alot and missed a bunch of tackles as well.

really? i have only seen him in college and he was great

Pit Bull #53
11-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Tough day for me and you, smitty :x

Unfortunately, I don't think tomorrow will be any better.

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
OMG, bench LaMont now pleeeeease. :x

smittyjs
11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
LT made a terrible play and now a good one...... :?

We need ALOT more of this good play from him today.

smittyjs
11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Tough day for me and you, smitty :x

Unfortunately, I don't think tomorrow will be any better.Next week it will be a tough one for you :wink:

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
What a horseshit call. That was clearly a fumble.

rainbeaukid2
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
LT made a terrible play and now a good one...... :?

We need ALOT more of this good play from him today.

finally a good play by him

Titans10
11-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Lamont with his second pick of the game :D

stephenson86
11-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Lamont with his second pick of the game :Dhes still ****

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Lamont with his second pick of the game :Dhes still ***********

All is forgiven for 1 week. No badmouthing LaMont for 1 week. Until he screws up next week :?

stephenson86
11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Lamont with his second pick of the game :Dhes still ***********

All is forgiven for 1 week. No badmouthing LaMont for 1 week. Until he screws up next week :?unless he ***** up, david givens needs releasing

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Finnegan and Tulloch are playing pretty well today.

smittyjs
11-12-2006, 04:05 PM
We atleast need a FG this drive

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
I feel like knocking the **** out of something right now.

Ravens1991
11-12-2006, 04:43 PM
GG Vince will be something special in the NFL he is proving me wrong.

ccB
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
GG Vince will be something special in the NFL he is proving me wrong.Yeah that game was absolutely close. Great game. Young has so much poise hes gonna be great. Good game guys.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Great job by the Titans wow, 1 point losses to the Colts and Ravens.

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, I've cooled off a little bit. I was so mad earlier, that if murder were legal, I would have killed someone by now :lol:

Anyway, I guess there were some positives:

- Vince played his best game today against a great defense. The numbers won't wow you, but he had 200+ yards, a rushing TD, and a passing TD (even though it is credited to Scaife as a rushing TD, it was a pass by VY on a great play, it just went backward, thus it being ruled a rush) and his only INT was a tipped ball at the LOS. He even led us down the field to win the game only to have the FG blocked.

- Tulloch and Finnegan played really well today. I hope Sirmon has lost his job now, and we go with Bulluck, Thornton, and Tulloch.

- LaMont had 2 picks, even though he was pretty bad for the rest of the game.

- We played the run great.

And the bad:

- Secondary was bad today. Several miscommunications between the safeties and corners. Pac wasn't great, but wasn't bad...Mason was held to mostly short 7-8 yard passes...his TD catch was a busted coverage by Hope. Reynaldo got burned on an EXTREMELY CRUCIAL play near the end of the game by Demetrius Williams. LaMont and Reynaldo busted the coverage on the first TD of the game.

- Every FA WR we bring in is cursed.

- We need more fresh bodies on the DL. Odom was out, LaBoy went out for a while today also. We need Albert back in a bad way, the interior of our DL got no push at all on passing plays...they were good against the run though.

- If Troupe didn't drop that pass at the 2 yd line early in the game, that's a TD instead of a FG. Hit him directly in the hands.

- The call by the refs on the Mike Anderson fumble was HORRIBLE. Fisher was pissed in his post game press conference about it. The challenge review was the right call, but we should have never been forced to make the challenge in the first place. If they would have just made the correct EASY call on the field, we would have recovered the fumble on about the 35 yard line with great field position. Instead we get pinned in our own territory by a punt. One of the most blatantly obvious blown calls I've seen in a while.

stephenson86
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
stephen tulloch....quote me if you like, will be a top 5 MLB in this league within the next 3 seasons, what he showed to day was potential to be a monster

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I think you're going a little overboard :lol:

I think he'll be pretty good, but top 5? Naaaaahh...

stephenson86
11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I think you're going a little overboard :lol:

I think he'll be pretty good, but top 5? Naaaaahh...all i have after seeing our luck is optimism, it took me 3 seasons to see anothe titans game and im upset :cry:

Titans10
11-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree that it is only a matter of time before tulluch becomes a monster in this league...with Bulluck, Tulluch, Thorton, Hope, Pacman, KVB, and Haynesworth (if hes back) we are seeing the stages of a good defense being built. If only we could get another cornerback.

Reynaldo is constantly getting burned on BIG plays and im sick of seeing his ass on the field. The thing with reynaldo though, is that we dont have anyone better to replace him, so for the rest of the season we are screwed.

Also we need to get Troupe the ball more...anytime he catches the ball, he makes a play and we need playmakers

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Also we need to get Troupe the ball more...[b]anytime he catches the ball[b] he makes a play and we need playmakers

Lately that seems to be the problem...

Titans10
11-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Also we need to get Troupe the ball more...[b]anytime he catches the ball[b] he makes a play and we need playmakers

Lately that seems to be the problem...

yeah he should of had that one in the 1st quarter, would of had a TD and then the fumble on the fake (not all his fault). But still with his speed, power and leaping ability :shock: ...he needs to have more catches

smittyjs
11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I agree that it is only a matter of time before tulluch becomes a monster in this league...with Bulluck, Tulluch, Thorton, Hope, Pacman, KVB, and Haynesworth (if hes back) we are seeing the stages of a good defense being built. If only we could get another cornerback.

Reynaldo is constantly getting burned on BIG plays and im sick of seeing his ass on the field. The thing with reynaldo though, is that we dont have anyone better to replace him, so for the rest of the season we are screwed.

Also we need to get Troupe the ball more...anytime he catches the ball, he makes a play and we need playmakersWhen he DOES Catch it, but it still seem to be the same problem that he as had since his rookie year.

dcarey20
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
The call by the refs on the Mike Anderson fumble was HORRIBLE

look, i can understand why you guys would be pissed....it was a huge play, a controversial play, and it went against your team.

but if you go back and look at the situation, they got everything right.

they went back and looked at it, realized that it was a fumble, and changed it.(as they should have)

but, as they watched the play, they realized that keydrick vincent actually had recovered the fumble and then was down by contact. so it was the right call.

and there were a few plays that went against us. there was a play towards the end of the game that was a pretty obvious pass intereference on mark clayton that they didn't call.

Pit Bull #53
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM

look, i can understand why you guys would be pissed....it was a huge play, a controversial play, and it went against your team.

they went back and looked at it, realized that it was a fumble, and changed it.(as they should have)

but, as they watched the play, they realized that keydrick vincent actually had recovered the fumble and then was down by contact. so it was the right call.

That's not right.

This was explained by Jeff Fisher after the game, and he's on the NFL Competition Committee that makes the rules, so he knows it.

When the play was reviewed, they ruled that it was a fumble, but ruled that there was inconclusive evidence as to who recovered the fumble, because possession cannot be awarded based on who comes out of the pile with the ball when in the review process. Therefore, the ball was called dead at the spot of the fumble, which awarded the ball back to the Ravens and made it 4th down.

The issue comes in here: If the play had been correctly called on the field, and had been ruled a fumble, which it CLEARLY was, then the ball would have been live at the bottom of the pile, and whoever came out of the pile with the ball would be awarded possession, which Robaire Smith did. So, had the referee originally called the fumble, then we would have had the ball in plus territory, basically in FG range.

This is not the reason we lost the game, because there were other opportunities, but that was a HUGE moment in the game, and the refs blew it. Not because the review was wrong, but because the call on the field was wrong. Consequently, instead of us taking over in plus territory, we received the ball on a punt, in your territory.

stephenson86
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM

That's not right.

This was explained by Jeff Fisher after the game, and he's on the NFL Competition Committee that makes the rules, so he knows it.

When the play was reviewed, they ruled that it was a fumble, but ruled that there was inconclusive evidence as to who recovered the fumble, because possession cannot be awarded based on who comes out of the pile with the ball when in the review process. Therefore, the ball was called dead at the spot of the fumble, which awarded the ball back to the Ravens and made it 4th down.

The issue comes in here: If the play had been correctly called on the field, and had been ruled a fumble, which it CLEARLY was, then the ball would have been live at the bottom of the pile, and whoever came out of the pile with the ball would be awarded possession, which Robaire Smith did. So, had the referee originally called the fumble, then we would have had the ball in plus territory, basically in FG range.

This is not the reason we lost the game, because there were other opportunities, but that was a HUGE moment in the game, and the refs blew it. Not because the review was wrong, but because the call on the field was wrong. Consequently, instead of us taking over in plus territory, we received the ball on a punt, in your territory.

ooooooooooooooo zing

SeanTaylorRIP
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Vince Young is gonna be a stud QB and was for sure the right choice over pretty boy Leinart. He is a completely different QB than from college, if I were a Titans fan I would be so excited about the progression he has already had, I didn't expect him to be here until his 3rd year, unlike in college he is now making all his reads, he also when moving in the pocket just doesn't take off especially yesterday he was hitting recievers on the move all day, I also think he doesn't get enough credit for his accuracy, also he is a great leader and game manager, he rarely makes mistakes his 1 INT was a great tipped ball by Ngata, he also led his team to the game winning score except special teams failed but VY really impressed me against a Ravens defense, I think the Titans would have won if they weren't so conservative in the second half, I think it showed the coaches lack of trust in him, but the way he played in the 1st half I would have expanded the playbook a bit more.

Also with that fumble rule the rule in the NFL is regardless of who they call after the pile if they in a review have clear visual evidence that a player had clear possession and it was stolen in the pile than they can reward the ball to that player, and it was clear that Kedric Vincent had full possession.

Ravens1991
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree, I thought he was gonna be a the next Vick, then I realized that he doesnt have the speed, then my uncle was explainnig to me that it is OK to run around in college but if he trys to run in the NFL his head is gonna be torn off. Then I saw the Merril Hodge tape of why he is a 7th round QB. But after seeing a full game of him, Vince just has "it".

Pit Bull #53
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
He still has a long way to go, but I like how he's going so far. He stands tall in the pocket and is very poised, doesn't have a panicked look about him at all.

He needs to find more consistency with the finer, more detailed points of his game though. Still rough around the edges, but if he can get to where he's a finished product, he'll be extremely good.

On a side note, David Givens is out for the year with a torn ACL. Let's hope he doesn't join the likes of Pickens and Thigpen as free agent WR busts for us.

Albert also rejoined the team and is said to be "welcomed back." The only stipulation seems to be that he has to keep seeing an anger management counseler. This must mean his talk with the staff went well.

smittyjs
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
He still has a long way to go, but I like how he's going so far. He stands tall in the pocket and is very poised, doesn't have a panicked look about him at all.

He needs to find more consistency with the finer, more detailed points of his game though. Still rough around the edges, but if he can get to where he's a finished product, he'll be extremely good.

On a side note, David Givens is out for the year with a torn ACL. Let's hope he doesn't join the likes of Pickens and Thigpen as free agent WR busts for us.

Albert also rejoined the team and is said to be "welcomed back." The only stipulation seems to be that he has to keep seeing an anger management counseler. This must mean his talk with the staff went well.

Consistency has been one of his biggest promblem all year long, Givens out for the season :roll: what a waste, didn't like it when we signed him, and he haven't showed anything yet to change my mind.

Pit Bull #53
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Fisher Comments on Return of Haynesworth
By Staff Report
Posted November 13th, 2006

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher comments on DT Albert Haynesworth's return to the Titans after his five-game suspension. "I met with Albert this morning, briefly after he came in and got a workout before most of his teammates arrived. He appears to be in good shape. His weight appears to be good. We discussed some things," said Fisher. "However, at this point, the organization is still gathering more information. We haven’t seen him in six weeks. We are going to meet later this afternoon, the organization, and perhaps into tomorrow, and if things go smoothly between now and Wednesday morning, it would be fair to say that he will be rejoining the team Wednesday morning. He will be on the practice field Wednesday and because he has been given exemption from the commissioner, he will be allowed to practice with the club this week."

smittyjs
11-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Wade or Jones #2 Wideout now??

Pit Bull #53
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Not sure, but I'd put BJones starting on the outside, and leave Wade in the slot, I like him there.

Pit Bull #53
11-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh yea, we also signed former Texans OT Seth Wand. Givens was placed on IR, so he's taking his roster spot. Incase you hadn't heard, we're doing this because backup OT Daniel Loper lacerated his spleen in the Jax game so we need another body.

smittyjs
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Not sure, but I'd put BJones starting on the outside, and leave Wade in the slot, I like him there.Did Jones play this week against the Ravens??

smittyjs
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Oh yea, we also signed former Texans OT Seth Wand. Givens was placed on IR, so he's taking his roster spot. Incase you hadn't heard, we're doing this because backup OT Daniel Loper lacerated his spleen in the Jax game so we need another body.No comment :lol:

stephenson86
11-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Not sure, but I'd put BJones starting on the outside, and leave Wade in the slot, I like him there.Did Jones play this week against the Ravens??yeh he dropped something lol :lol:

Pit Bull #53
11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Finnegan is starting to become one of my favorite players on the team. He's looking like a nice lil gem in the 7th round. Definately not on the level of a Marques Colston, but a lot more than you should expect from a 7th rounder from an unknown college.

I said it in preseason after I first saw him play, I thought his skill set and playing style was perfect for the nickel db. He's a safety/cb mix, he might be the fastest guy on the team, and is physical, fiesty, and a great tackler despite his size. That's the kind of guy you want on the inside in the nickel because of the different responsibilities they have. We use our nickle db to blitz, plus he has more responsibilities in run fits, and has to be physical enough to tackle RB's and TE's, and Finnegan can do that because of his aggressiveness.

He was on the Jeff Fisher show yesterday, and said the guy he looks up to most on the team is KVB because of his work ethic and because he goes all out on every play, and that's how he wants to be. We need more guys like that. Anyway, I just thought I'd give him a little love since he's been getting no talk around here.

Pit Bull #53
11-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Also forgot to mention that he's a fantastic gunner/ST player because of his great speed. He's downed multiple punts in opponents territory this year, as well as making alot of ST tackles.

smittyjs
11-15-2006, 10:18 PM
UT & Vandy, can't wait, Also my boy leads the nation in Yards. 8)

Pit Bull #53
11-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Meachem is only 76 yards behind him, and has played in 1 less game, so if he hits his average of 105 yards per game, he'd be ahead :P

It's good though, I love Earl, he's amazing.

smittyjs
11-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Meachem is only 76 yards behind him, and has played in 1 less game, so if he hits his average of 105 yards per game, he'd be ahead :P

It's good though, I love Earl, he's amazing.You going to the game??

Pit Bull #53
11-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Nope, I'll be stuck watching the game on TV. :?

You goin?

smittyjs
11-15-2006, 10:38 PM

You goin?Yeah

smittyjs
11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Fisher was fined $12,500 i see :lol:

Pit Bull #53
11-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah I saw that, lol.

I'm glad he spoke up about it, though. Cause that call was BS.

Titans10
11-16-2006, 12:53 AM

You goin?Yeah

I'll be there 2, 5th row on the UT sideline.

Dont know who to root for, im a UT student and a Vandy fan since I was born.

I think I want Vandy to go back to back :D

stephenson86
11-16-2006, 08:00 AM
so guys
albert haynesworth? whens he back
do u reckon we will win another game this season?
who do u want to take in the draft?
do you reckon we can get a .500 record next year?
when will schwartz be killed?

Pit Bull #53
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
so guys
albert haynesworth? whens he back
do u reckon we will win another game this season?
who do u want to take in the draft?
do you reckon we can get a .500 record next year?
when will schwartz be killed?

1. Albert should play this week, he'll be worked back in a rotation.

2. I think we'll win 1-2 more games and finish 3-13 or 4-12. I'm leaning toward 2 more wins and being 4-12.

3. Calvin Johnson in the 1st, and a player in the secondary in the 2nd (FS or CB)

4. Too many variables to say right now, we have $41 Mill in cap room, so I expect alot of changes, we also don't know who the coaching staff will be, and we don't know who the GM will be. We also don't know how fast Vince will progress. I think it's too early to tell.

5. Hopefully it's already in the works

Pit Bull #53
11-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Reynaldo has been out of practice with an ankle injury, and Finnegan has been getting reps on the outside. If Rey can't go, looks like Finnegan is the starter. I guess Fish finally saw all he needed to see from Woolfolk in the Jax game :lol: . It's kind of a shame too because by all accounts he's a good guy and he works hard, he just doesn't have what it takes.

In hindsight, we could have drafted Rashean Mathis, Nnamdi Asomugha, or Peanut Tillman instead. That's kind of odd because all 3 of those guys, just like Woolfolk are big corners, over 6'1. Oh well.

smittyjs
11-17-2006, 10:19 AM
(on if this is an important week of practice for WR Jonathan Orr)

Yes it is, and he’s done a good job. He knows what to do, he can run, he’s a big target and he’s got good hands. Roydell (Williams) has been excused for personal reasons. We expect to have him back tonight. With him missing a couple of practices, if for some reason he can’t get caught up, then we could very well go ahead with Jonathan.

(on how comfortable WR Brandon Jones has looked in the offense over the last few weeks)

He’s done a good job. All of us, the entire group was a little off, I don’t think we were ourselves at Jacksonville. But before that and since that everybody’s stepped up. He’s filled in nicely.

OzTitan
11-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Every so often I see players "excused for personal reasons", usually guys who are trying to prove themselves like Roydell is. I don't really get it, I know things can come up, but this is your livelyhood and so far you've proven very little, and could be running out of time to do so. Doesn't seem like the best time to be skipping practices to me.

stephenson86
11-18-2006, 04:43 AM
(on if this is an important week of practice for WR Jonathan Orr)

Yes it is, and he’s done a good job. He knows what to do, he can run, he’s a big target and he’s got good hands. Roydell (Williams) has been excused for personal reasons. We expect to have him back tonight. With him missing a couple of practices, if for some reason he can’t get caught up, then we could very well go ahead with Jonathan.

(on how comfortable WR Brandon Jones has looked in the offense over the last few weeks)

He’s done a good job. All of us, the entire group was a little off, I don’t think we were ourselves at Jacksonville. But before that and since that everybody’s stepped up. He’s filled in nicely.id like to see orr starting

Pit Bull #53
11-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't.

Pit Bull #53
11-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Have fun? :wink:

Nickson played like crap today. He kept trying to tuck it and run when there was nothing there. We stayed in our lanes pretty good, we usually have alot of trouble with scrambling QB's. Contained Earl pretty good too.

smittyjs
11-18-2006, 03:35 PM

Have fun? :wink:

Nickson played like crap today. He kept trying to tuck it and run when there was nothing there. We stayed in our lanes pretty good, we usually have alot of trouble with scrambling QB's. Contained Earl pretty good too.No Comment........................... :( :( :( :(

Pit Bull #53
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
We waived Terna Nande today to make a roster space for Albert. Albert is going to be active tomorrow and he's gonna play. I'd imagine he'd start, and we'll finally have the two starting DT's we've been waiting for all year, Albert and Robaire. Btw, they were our 2 starting DT's in 2003 when we were #1 in rush defense.

I'd imagine we'll put Nande back on practice squad if he clears waivers.

smittyjs
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
We waived Terna Nande today to make a roster space for Albert. Albert is going to be active tomorrow and he's gonna play. I'd imagine he'd start, and we'll finally have the two starting DT's we've been waiting for all year, Albert and Robaire. Btw, they were our 2 starting DT's in 2003 when we were #1 in rush defense.

I'd imagine we'll put Nande back on practice squad if he clears waivers. :D

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 05:16 AM

we also had kevin carter?

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 11:58 AM

we also had kevin carter?He played more of a DE year.

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 01:03 PM
has mcnabb been knocked out of the game?

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 01:07 PM
has mcnabb been knocked out of the game?Knee

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 01:09 PM
has mcnabb been knocked out of the game?Knee

i hope his knee is that cucked up that he wont play for the rest of the

game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Travis Henry>Me :oops:

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Travis Henry>Me :oops:hes so inconsistent lol

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 02:29 PM

Pacman had a 90 yard PR for a TD. :D Broke seven tackles....

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Pacman had a 90 yard PR for a TD. :D Broke seven tackles....
pacman is going to the bowl, to return punts, i hope

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Finnegan had one hell of a game today. I love the way he plays.

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 03:29 PM

u reckon he could take the place of rey?

Dillen
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
That wasn't a good game. Congratulations on not having Andy Reid your coach.

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM

u reckon he could take the place of rey?He better :twisted:

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Nice win boys 8) :D

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Told you guys back in the offseason that Henry was going to be our surprise player this year 8)

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Told you guys back in the offseason that Henry was going to be our surprise player this year 8)

now he just needs to do this weekly

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM

Ummm....he's went over 100 yards 4 of the last 6 weeks. What more do you want?

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 05:40 PM

Ummm....he's went over 100 yards 4 of the last 6 weeks. What more do you want?

6/6 :cry:

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Aside from Adam's PR touchdown, the play of the game was Jacob Bell's block on Henry's 70 yarder. He pancake blocked the DT and completely opened up the middle. It was beautiful.

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Aside from Adam's PR touchdown, the play of the game was Jacob Bell's block on Henry's 70 yarder. He pancake blocked the DT and completely opened up the middle. It was beautiful. i love bell, and i love pacman, hes such a stellar guy

Dillen
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Aside from Adam's PR touchdown, the play of the game was Jacob Bell's block on Henry's 70 yarder. He pancake blocked the DT and completely opened up the middle. It was beautiful.
I hate Darwin Walker. He is horrible against the run. He gets the occasional sack but doesnt get pressure at all except for when he gets a sack.

stephenson86
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I hate Darwin Walker. He is horrible against the run. He gets the occasional sack but doesnt get pressure at all except for when he gets a sack.

u do miss kearse me feels

Titans10
11-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Pacman is officially my favorite Titan

I wish i could of seen that punt return

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM

I wish i could of seen that punt returnIt was very Badass 8)

Ho0k Em'
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVP9GzV1ROY

:lol: :lol:

Titans10
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM

I wish i could of seen that punt returnIt was very Badass 8)

well i just saw the highlights on nfl.com, and holy sh!t pacman's return was the ****. And finally my boy Troupe with the TD

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM

:lol: :lol:I love that clip.

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I thought when Adam shoved the ball in McCoy's face that it was pretty funny. It was stupid, and typical Adam...but I laughed nonetheless. :lol:

draftguru151
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM

:lol: :lol:I love that clip.

I do too, I was at that game.

smittyjs
11-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I thought when Adam shoved the ball in McCoy's face that it was pretty funny. It was stupid, and typical Adam...but I laughed nonetheless. :lol:I did to.

Pit Bull #53
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I hope Reggie Nelson is available in the early 2nd. He's a guy I'd love to draft, but I think he might not be there when we pick. We have a history of taking Florida players (Kinney, Troupe, Piller, Reynaldo), too. Imagine him and Hope on the back end. From everything I've read, he's supposed to declare this year because he's not much in the classroom. I don't know if this is indicative of his character or not, but if he checks out good, I'd be ecstatic if we got him, and maybe Gaines or CJ in the first.

If he does last that long, though I'd like:

1. Gaines/CJ - whichever is available, does it really matter?
2. Reggie Nelson - cha-ching!
3. Ben Grubbs - I think he's going to be great in the NFL
4. Top CB/DL/OL available EDIT- Nvm, thought the McNair draft pick was a conditional that could become a 3rd, it's a straight 4th

May be a little wishful thinking.

Pit Bull #53
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
We are 9th in the NFL in rushing offense 8)

Kind of funny how everything changed when Piller went out, we put Bell at LG, and started Stewart at RT, the exact same changes that every Titan fan had been calling for for months. The OL has been very good lately. We've also only given up 16 sacks, and a couple of those aren't on the OL. Vince has held the ball too long on a couple of occasions, and has scrambled into a couple of sacks as well (Washington game).

Roos has been great this year, but I think alot can be attributed to Mawae making all the line calls. Stewart can be beat on the edge, but if he gets his hands on you, it's over. Hell, even Benji has played ok this year. I think we need a couple of guys to develop behind Benji and Mawae though.

stephenson86
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
hos tulloch been looking in his starts?

KaneMarko
11-21-2006, 12:49 PM
What is Haynesworth's status with the Titans? 6 weeks ago it sounded like Jeff Fisher was so P.O'd at him that he was ready to cut him the second he got back from suspension. Now it sounds like Fisher as well as the rest of the team are almost welcoming him back with open arms. What is his status with the Titans? Are they gonna cut him soon? Are they gonna see how he does the rest of the year? They planning on keeping him longterm?

zoinks
11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
What is Haynesworth's status with the Titans?.... Are they gonna cut him soon? Are they gonna see how he does the rest of the year? They planning on keeping him longterm?

Albert has done and said all the right things since his suspension. He's accepted full responsibility for his actions, and quietly accepted the league's decision when it was handed down. He's also acknowledged that he has some anger management issues, and has agreed to counseling.

The Haynesworth incident was an inexcusable and abhorrent cheap shot, but to Albert's credit, his handling of the whole situation has been nothing short of exemplary. However, he still has to prove himself on the field. I originally expected that he would be trade bait after the season, and this is still a strong possibility...but I now think that, assuming he demonstrates a newfound sense of maturity and levelheadedness, the Titans may very well give him a contract extension. He's definitely a dominating presence on the interior, and would be hard to replace. If he's truly turned over a new leaf, he'll be a big part of the team's turnaround.

Pit Bull #53
11-21-2006, 02:39 PM
According to Fisher, Reynaldo is going to start this week and we're moving Finnegan back to the nickel.

WTF???? **************!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

smittyjs
11-21-2006, 05:23 PM
hos tulloch been looking in his starts?Pretty good, all over the field, and had an INT during the eagles game. 8)

OzTitan
11-21-2006, 06:42 PM
According to Fisher, Reynaldo is going to start this week and we're moving Finnegan back to the nickel.

WTF???? **************!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think he said IF his ankle was ok to go....he could be sincere, or he could be making sure he has an excuse so it isn't a flat out benching.

In any case, it doesn't *really* matter. Finegan + Fuller > Hill + Finegan when it comes to the 2nd CB and nickel CB combo, but as a NB, Finegan is still on the field a fair bit anyway.

Speaking of Finegan, what ever happened to his blitzing? He got 2 sacks (1 official) to start the season in like the 1st 3 games and I don't think he has really blitzed since has he?

Pit Bull #53
11-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I've noticed that as well (btw they actually finally credited him with his sack on Culpepper, so he officially has 2). It seems to me, at least in the past few weeks, that when we bring our blitz, we are usually bringing one of our LBers up the middle, and they are being picked up successfully by the OL. I'd like to see us use a few more exotic blitzes, maybe some delayed blitzes, or even how we were using Finnegan to blitz out of the nickel db spot. At least then the blitz is coming from the outside and not right in the OL's field of vision.

Finnegan is blazing fast, so he's a very effective blitzer. I wish we'd use him more. Especially if the slot is lined up to the QB's blind spot, we could maybe get a few FF's out of it.

Anyway, on to the Giants game next week. I hope we have LaBoy back. Tony Brown has been good at DE, but I'd rather start LaBoy this week at RDE because the Giants are being forced to start Bob Whitfield at LT. I really think LaBoy will be able to get an edge rush on him successfully, and at the very least make them give help to that side. If he's not back, I'd like to see us use KVB alot on the right side, and let Tony Brown stuff the run on the left side.

smittyjs
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Ben troupe is out for the season. :(

Titans10
11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Ben Troupe out for season

Titans place tight end on injured reserve with broken ankleAssociated Press

National Football League News Wire

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans placed tight end
Ben Troupe on injured reserve Wednesday with a broken right ankle,
leaving the team without two of its top tight ends.

The Titans placed veteran Erron Kinney on injured reserve on
Oct. 13 after he needed further knee surgery. Troupe broke his
right ankle on a touchdown catch in Sunday's 31-13 victory at
Philadelphia and continued playing until swelling forced him to the
bench.

Tennessee had sought a second opinion before confirming the
injury Tuesday. Team officials replaced Troupe on the roster by
promoting defensive end Sean Conover from the practice squad.

Troupe's spot in the offense likely will be filled by Ben
Hartsock, claimed off waivers from Indianapolis on Oct. 25.
Hartsock practiced with the team for the first time a week ago.

"He's been here," coach Jeff Fisher said. "Despite the fact
that he hasn't been on the practice field, he has been in the
meetings and has been paying attention, so he's very comfortable
with the system and what we're doing."

Troupe caught a career-high 55 passes last season, but had only
13 this season. Hartsock has a total of six receptions in three
seasons, all with the Colts in 2004 and 2005.

Pit Bull #53
11-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Not like he was pulling his weight anyway. It's a loss, and hurts even more with Kinney out, but Scaife was outperforming Troupe anyway.

Pit Bull #53
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Apparently LaBoy is out this week too because he was sent to get a second opinion on his concussion. ****.

Hopefully we move KVB around then so he can get a little action on the right side vs. Bob Whitfield. Guess Tony Brown will start at DE again. Wish we had a legit pass rusher here, we need to get pressure on Eli to try and force him into mistakes.

I have a feeling Tiki is gonna carve us up, but we still have an outside shot at a win if we keep getting big plays out of the defense and special teams.

stephenson86
11-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Apparently LaBoy is out this week too because he was sent to get a second opinion on his concussion. ****.

Hopefully we move KVB around then so he can get a little action on the right side vs. Bob Whitfield. Guess Tony Brown will start at DE again. Wish we had a legit pass rusher here, we need to get pressure on Eli to try and force him into mistakes.

I have a feeling Tiki is gonna carve us up, but we still have an outside shot at a win if we keep getting big plays out of the defense and special teams.

tbh i dont see tiki carving us up, our line now is pure run stuff, brown, smith, fatty, KVB, hash run stuff, tbh id be more worried about brandon jacobs

Pit Bull #53
11-23-2006, 04:00 PM
We haven't been able to stop the run all year. What makes you think we're gonna be able to stop the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the NFL?

I say he's a lock to go 100+ as long as they don't abandon him like they did last week.

aNYtitan
11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey guys, how have u been? Whats ur guys predictions for the Titans record, and what chances do they got to get Calvin Johnson?

smittyjs
11-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, how have u been? Whats ur guys predictions for the Titans record, and what chances do they got to get Calvin Johnson?He has returned :shock: , I really don't see us being around for CJ, o see us around the 4th pick to the 8th pick. CJ will go top 2....

Pit Bull #53
11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Been awhile since you been around aNY

I agree with smitty, I think we will win 1 or 2 more games, and even with tiebreakers will probably be out of the range to pick CJ. I still want us to get Gaines in the 1st.

aNYtitan
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM

I agree with smitty, I think we will win 1 or 2 more games, and even with tiebreakers will probably be out of the range to pick CJ. I still want us to get Gaines in the 1st.

Schoolwork+Work+Girlfriend=packed schedule

Well I have such a feeling about CJ that trading up for him would be well worth it. I mean just imagine him and Young together on the same side of the ball. It would be an explosove offense. However if we are in top 5 range and he has already been picked and no trade happens, then Gaines Adams is the way to go. Top 10 range:Leon Hall, Ted Ginn Jr, . Below that:Patrick Willis

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?

smittyjs
11-23-2006, 11:45 PM

Well I have such a feeling about CJ that trading up for him would be well worth it. I mean just imagine him and Young together on the same side of the ball. It would be an explosove offense. However if we are in top 5 range and he has already been picked and no trade happens, then Gaines Adams is the way to go. Top 10 range:Leon Hall, Ted Ginn Jr, . Below that:Patrick Willis

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?No he is too raw IMO. Adams is my #1 choice right no, if CJ isn't there.

aNYtitan
11-24-2006, 12:03 AM

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?No he is too raw IMO. Adams is my #1 choice right no, if CJ isn't there.
What if both Adams and CJ aint there? Leon Hall? Laron Landry? Are both ranked above Teddy Ginn? I have a feeling he is gonna run an amazin combine and have a chance at a low 4.3 speed and at least 40" vertical? Whats ur big board smitty and pitbull? And what about other titans fans?

smittyjs
11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Then Landry IMO.
I'll post my Big board tomorrow.

aNYtitan
11-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Then Landry IMO.
I'll post my Big board tomorrow. :lol: after seeing your sig Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart, i remember the mockdrafts we have done

smittyjs
11-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Then Landry IMO.
I'll post my Big board tomorrow. :lol: after seeing your sig Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart, i remember the mockdrafts we have doneWe did like two or three, we took Hawk in one and young in another, don't know if we did three :lol:

Pit Bull #53
11-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Idk, I'm not a huge fan of Leon Hall, or for picking a CB in the 1st for that matter. I'd much rather look at it in FA.

Ditto for Landry. I've seen 5 or 6 LSU games this year and haven't seen anything that's made him stand out to me. I like him as a player, but as a mid-1st rounder. Honestly, I'd rather have Reggie Nelson out of Florida.

I like Ginn myself. I agree that he is raw as a player, but he is basically what we need on offense. He'll stretch the field vertically (we have no one that can do that), and has the open field ability to get YAC (we have no one that can do that either). Him and Young would be dynamic. Not sure I'd use a top 10 pick on him though.

This is the tough spot I keep getting in. If CJ or Gaines aren't on the board, I really don't know who we'd target that would be 1) good value and 2) a position of need.

Something to think about: Randy Starks, Robaire Smith, and Rien Long are all FA's after this season. Starks has blown chunks this year, Long is coming off an achilles injury and is mediocre at best. That leaves AH, Tony Brown and Jesse Mahelona. Depending on how the AH situation goes, I would keep my eye on Alan Branch come draft time.

However, I think we'll end up tendering Starks, resigning Robaire, and keeping Albert. Then behind them we'll have Tony Brown as a combo DE/DT and Mahelona. So in the end I don't think we'll go DT, but if things fall a certain way, it's not out of the question.

smittyjs
11-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Idk, I'm not a huge fan of Leon Hall, or for picking a CB in the 1st for that matter. I'd much rather look at it in FA.

Ditto for Landry. I've seen 5 or 6 LSU games this year and haven't seen anything that's made him stand out to me. I like him as a player, but as a mid-1st rounder. Honestly, I'd rather have Reggie Nelson out of Florida.

I like Ginn myself. I agree that he is raw as a player, but he is basically what we need on offense. He'll stretch the field vertically (we have no one that can do that), and has the open field ability to get YAC (we have no one that can do that either). Him and Young would be dynamic. Not sure I'd use a top 10 pick on him though.

This is the tough spot I keep getting in. If CJ or Gaines aren't on the board, I really don't know who we'd target that would be 1) good value and 2) a position of need.

Something to think about: Randy Starks, Robaire Smith, and Rien Long are all FA's after this season. Starks has blown chunks this year, Long is coming off an achilles injury and is mediocre at best. That leaves AH, Tony Brown and Jesse Mahelona. Depending on how the AH situation goes, I would keep my eye on Alan Branch come draft time.

However, I think we'll end up tendering Starks, resigning Robaire, and keeping Albert. Then behind them we'll have Tony Brown as a combo DE/DT and Mahelona. So in the end I don't think we'll go DT, but if things fall a certain way, it's not out of the question.Same Here, and also Branch wouldn't be bad.

smittyjs
11-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Why is the game on so late sunday???

smittyjs
11-24-2006, 12:36 AM
I hope the giants are still in a slump this sunday against the titans. 8) But Tiki and Jacobs scares me :( .

Post 6,000

OzTitan
11-24-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking, a lot of mocks have us taking Leon Hall, and while I like the pick, I really don't see us taking a CB because I think we need some experience there. Even though i'm not high on Nate Clements, he would make sense, or Asante Samuel, or any other decent CB entering free agency.

I think we have Adams, Landry and the Hall as our board providing we're out of the CJ running. I think FS is a more sensible place to plug a rookie into than CB.

Titansfan #53
11-24-2006, 10:14 AM
If we are drafting behind Bucs, and Raiders then we will need to trade up and get Calvin Johnson, even if this guy runs a 4.6 he will go top 10 just for his 45 inch vert, and incredible amazing hands, if are not able to pick him up we will go for Gaines Adams just because of his incredible freakish abilities like the "FREAK". In the 2nd round I think we will pick up Dameon Hughes, I think this guy is the most athletic corner in the draft, people just like Leon Hall because of his instincts, but he isn't very athlectic.

stephenson86
11-24-2006, 12:31 PM
my big board
CJ
Gaines
Branch
blalock
meriweather (love the kid)
grubbs (im sure ive spelt that wrong)

aNYtitan
11-24-2006, 12:32 PM
But there is a possibility that both Adams and CJ are gone by the Titans are on the clock. If its Raiders, then Bucs, then Us both of them are gonna be gone because Raiders will definately take CJ, unless Quinn is still on the board, in which i say they take him. i dont think the Bucs will take CJ, just for the fact that I believe Simeon Rice is gone after this season and they will have a huge DE need. I'm still a far bigger fan of getting CJ, even if it involves a trade up, but if it cant happen then Teddy Ginn Jr. would be a great consolidation prize. He is raw as a reciever, but Young is also raw as a passer, so much better would it be to have them get used to each other. Ginn is worl class speed and would be able to make the other recievers get open down the middle of the field while he runs fly and fly/slant routes. Branch wouldn't be a bad either, but I don't see us having that need just yet. A big-time wr is the biggest need, or a complimenting DE.

Number 10
11-24-2006, 12:37 PM
So what are you guys thinking about the game Sunday?

stephenson86
11-24-2006, 12:38 PM
So what are you guys thinking about the game Sunday?its gonna be a close one, no chance of a blow out IMO

Number 10
11-24-2006, 12:41 PM
So what are you guys thinking about the game Sunday?its gonna be a close one, no chance of a blow out IMO

Yeh we do not match up well with you guys and Haynesworth looked beastly last week. I actually like your defense despite the ugly numbers, you have some nice, young, blended talent.

Pit Bull #53
11-24-2006, 01:00 PM

I think we're gonna have a really tough time stopping Tiki and Jacobs. I also do not think Plax is a very good matchup for Adam Jones, despite the fact that he's been playing very well this year.

I'm hoping our DL can generate pressure, but they haven't been able to do it at all this year, plus we're depleted at DE. I think we have the same problem as you guys do, if our DL doesn't generate pressure, we're basically out of luck because we have a conservative DC. Even when we do blitz, they are pretty basic pressure packages.

Is Moss gonna be playing? I'd like to see him in the slot matched up against our 7th round rookie Finnegan. Both guys are fast as blazes

Number 10
11-24-2006, 01:12 PM

I think we're gonna have a really tough time stopping Tiki and Jacobs. I also do not think Plax is a very good matchup for Adam Jones, despite the fact that he's been playing very well this year.

I'm hoping our DL can generate pressure, but they haven't been able to do it at all this year, plus we're depleted at DE. I think we have the same problem as you guys do, if our DL doesn't generate pressure, we're basically out of luck because we have a conservative DC. Even when we do blitz, they are pretty basic pressure packages.

Is Moss gonna be playing? I'd like to see him in the slot matched up against our 7th round rookie Finnegan. Both guys are fast as blazes

I am hearing Moss will be active, not sure how much he'll play. He should get a shot to make some plays because the likes of Carter, Jennings, and Tyree haven't taken advantage of Tommer's injury. This will be his third week of practice without an setbacks....so if Short can be activated, I assume Moss will also be active but as we have had to do all season, we will wait and see.

OzTitan
11-25-2006, 12:29 AM
I think it will be a good game, but I don't see the big plays happening for the Titans quite like they did last week, so VY will have to play a lot better and the coverage will need to step up on D.

smittyjs
11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
<<<<<

stephenson86
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
woooo its on telly in england :lol: :lol: :lol:

dpl85
11-25-2006, 11:44 AM
After watching two Titans games against Dallas and Philly I think yalls #1 need is probably a #1 speed WR like Ginn or maybe Johnson if you get lucky. VY needs somebody to throw to.

Pit Bull #53
11-25-2006, 07:54 PM
After watching two Titans games against Dallas and Philly I think yalls #1 need is probably a #1 speed WR like Ginn or maybe Johnson if you get lucky. VY needs somebody to throw to.

I agree that we need a playmaker on the outside, however I think a pass rushing DE is more of a priority for us. In my opinion at least.

MicktheGreat
11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know when the game is tomorrow???

The reason I ask is that there's conflicting info going around whether it's at noon or at 3:15.

I have a ticket to the game. The ticket says its at noon. ESPN says its at 3:15 pm. The Titans website actually says (on the same page, oddly enough) that the game is at noon but later in the same article says that its at 3:15. I'm thoroughly confused... :?

Anyone have any idea what in the world is going on???

Pit Bull #53
11-25-2006, 08:59 PM
It's at 3:15. It was originally scheduled as a noon game, but because of the NFL's flex scheduling, they get to move a certain amount of games to either the late games or the sunday night games, and our game got moved to 3:15. I'll be there as well.

Titansfan #53
11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
THE 2007 SEASON IS OUR SEASON!!!

I think with the 41 million cap room that the 2007 Tennessee Titans will be elite, and take the wild card!

QB - Vince Young - Vince will have a better season with a healthy team around him.
RB - Travis Henry/LenDale White - This is the year that we will play LenDale on 3rd down and be succesfull doing it.
FB - Erron Kinney - This is a suprise but I think he is better suited here, because he is known as a blocker.
TE - Ben Troupe/Bo Scaife - Troupe will shine and Scaife is a potential steal in the 2005 draft.
WR - Calvin Johnson/David Givens - Calvin will give vince that deep threat, and amzing route running, and a healthy Givens will be good, these recievers will be like running backs with hands.
LT - Micheal Roos - This guy is a stud at the LT position, and will be known as one of the best.
LG - Jacob Bell - This guy has shown that we dont need Piller, and has made are running game better.
C - Kevin Mawae - This is still a top 3 center, and will give this team a positive leadership along with Vince.
RG - Benji Olsen - Still not big on Olsen, this is are weakest spot.
RT - David Stewart - This guy is awsome, his weakness will be getting beat on the outside, good thing Vince can see the guys.

LDE - Dwight Freeney - Is stock will drop alittle, but he will give us that pressure that we need, since we dont blitz/
LDT - Randy Starks - I dont know what will happen here but hopefully he starts.
RDT - Albert Haynesworth - I think he will stay and give are run def that extra push.
RDE - Kyle Vanden Bosch - He is just a beast and never gives up on a play, gives it 100% 24/7
LLB - David Thornton - This guy will put on a big hit, and chase down thos Rbs around the league.
MLB - Stephen Tulloch - This guy might not look athletic but he is, after showing the coaches what hes got in 2006 he earns this spot in 07.
RLB - Keith Bulluck - Not much to say about him but just that hes THE BEST RLB IN THE LEAGUE!
LCB - Nate Clements - This guy is still young, and wont give opponents a corner to pick on anymore.
RCB - Adam "Pacman" Jones - As long as he stays out of trouble he will be a shutdown corner that no team will want to throw near.
SS - Chris Hope - After coming off of a pro bowl year this guy will be the leader on defense, along with Bulluck.
FS - Ken Hamlin/Brandon Merriweather - If we draft Brandon then he will start, if not we will get Hamlin, who will come off of a pro bowl year.

P - Craig Hentrich - Still has a leg and is one of the best in the league.
K - Rob Bironas - He has a leg, but wont be doing many GW FGs.

Tell me if my FA signings are reasonable, and if we will have enough cap room. I really think that this will be the year that we make a run at the playoffs. :D

Pit Bull #53
11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Freeney will never hit the FA market.

I'd also rather have Asante Samuel than Nate Clements, because of the money he's going to command. Also do not think Starks should be starting, he has done nothing to show that he deserves it either. He's been horrible this year.

Titansfan #53
11-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Freeney is a FA and I dont think the colts will pay for him. If we dont get Freeney I think we will get Charles Grant from NO.

Pit Bull #53
11-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Freeney is a FA and I dont think the colts will pay for him.

They are not dumb enough to let him walk in FA, especially if he's considering going to a division rival. If it comes down to it, they'll probably franchise him.

Titansfan #53
11-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I think Asante will resign with the Patriots, after what I saw last week against the Packers, they had to play Troy Brown the whole game because they didnt have any corners.

stephenson86
11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
defense is firing

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
OMG this game is crazy :shock:

FlutiesDropKick
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Pacman finally earning that high draft pick....amazing game, i'm sorry i left to get Chinese food when it was still a 2 TD game

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 06:19 PM
We WON

stephenson86
11-26-2006, 06:19 PM
pacman jones, is the best DB on the team, vince young is the best rookie QB to come out in years, tennessee are ******* awesome

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
pacman jones, is the best DB on the team, vince young is the best rookie QB to come out in years, tennessee are *********** awesome 8) :D

TiTaNsFAN 1014
11-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Vince Young for President

B FOR BULLUCK
11-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I am giddy like a little school boy right now I don't know what to say. I am obviously converted to VY that's all I need to see really. He was great with his throws all game, some let downs from the team receiving the football but we didn't allow it to effect us. I haven't been this giddy about football or this team in a long time.

FlutiesDropKick
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
great win guys, i really enjoyed that game. Now comes my favorite part, giving the Reggie Miller choking symbol to all my Gaints fan friends tomorrow,

Windy
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
good game titans go vy

i like the titans forum 8)

Zim3031
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Great job beating up those Giants today. 8)

Vince Young had a very good game, but remember guys Eli Manning had a very similar comeback against Philadelphia earlier in the year and now look what happened to him.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Great job beating up those Giants today. 8)

Vince Young had a very good game, but remember guys Eli Manning had a very similar comeback against Philadelphia earlier in the year and now look what happened to him.But Young is only a rookie, this is Eli third year.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
good game titans go vy

i like the titans forum 8)We like you to.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 07:04 PM
V. Young 24/35 249 2 0
V. Young 10 69 1 19

T-RICH49
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Great Win guys.I picked Tennessee as my upset special

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Great Win guys.I picked Tennessee as my upset specialThanks, i did to.

Rob S
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Vince Young is a badass

11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm scared of Vince Young.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM

Vince Young is scared of John Henderson :lol: http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/hendersonjaguars.jpg :shock:

11-26-2006, 07:55 PM

Vince Young is scared of John Henderson :lol: http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/hendersonjaguars.jpg :shock:I'm scared of John Henderson. :lol:

Titans10
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I cant believe i left that game early, i feel like such a dumb ass now but i honestly thought the game was over cause we hadnt done anything all game and the Giants were just taking it to us for three quarters

pac is having a very good stretch lets hope he can keep this up

and at first i was skeptical of us drafting young, but he has converted me into a fan of his

and most importantly we keep finding was to win :D

swagger
11-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Vince Young = modern Fran Tarkenton

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
QB VINCE YOUNG

(on what he was thinking on the play where Mathias Kiwanuka let him go and he got the first down)

I don’t know. I have no answer for that question. Thank God. Thank you for letting me get loose. He is a physical guy and I thought he was going to bring me down, but at the same time I’m trying to fight out of it and he just let me go.

(on it looking like a globetrotter move)

Yeah, that’s what Kerry Collins and Matt Mauck told me on the sideline. Kerry thought I threw the ball as well.

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(opening statements)

Wow. That just happened.

I will share something that happened with you. We came in the locker room at halftime, I don’t know where it came from, but I heard somebody come in and say look, we can’t let this thing turn into a blowout.

I really took offense to that as we kind of huddled up on the side before the half. All it was going to take was a turnover or a score by the offense and we would be right back in this game. So whatever the mindset was, it was going to have to change, because there was plenty of time to come back and make plays. That is exactly what they did. This was a total team effort. (It was) great execution on the last field goal, with Craig getting it down and the whole bit. Everything prior to that and leading up to that went the way it needed to go and I am really just proud of these guys.

I said several times I think this week that reflecting on four of the seven losses that we had, we had the ball in our hands at the end with a chance to make a play at the end and we didn’t. The difference between this team kind of moving forward and really taking a step is getting the ball at the end of the game and having a chance to win, and that’s just what we did.

It was a terrific, terrific effort by Vince. He had a great week this week coming off a difficult experience last week. You could tell it was going to be a big difference in his play. You’ve got fourth-and-10 on your own 20, and there is 2:49 left and I have a timeout and the two-minute warning and I’m going to turn this over to him and let him make a play, and that is what he did. It was a phenomenal effort. As a matter of fact he is getting IVed inside right now. He is cramping.

The play by the defense, by Pac, the defense the second half settled down, made adjustments as far as the run game was concerned. We stopped the run. It was a great win.

I can’t say enough about the fans. This place turned it up the last 10 minutes of this ballgame. We really appreciate it as I know it had an impact as well.

(on near sack of Vince Young on game-tying drive)

You ought to try and take him down yourself someday. It is hard. I mean it is hard to get him down. I didn’t see it. I don’t know if he thought he stopped momentum or progress or something like that. But when you have a mobile quarterback like that, you have to take him to the ground when you can.

(on team coming back from 21-point deficit)

I had a sense that the Giants were going to try to win the game with 40 seconds left, because of the momentum. I think that the right decision is to try and make some plays down the field and make a kick. Obviously momentum was in our favor and so, we just made a play. Pac made a great play. Craig made a great play on the ball, concentrated and finished it. There were two plays and Rob made the kick.

(on fourth quarter scoring drives)

We talked about it at halftime that if we didn’t do some things in the third quarter, we would have to pick the pace up a little bit, just go. We did some no huddle, some things there and it worked out well. Vince understood what we needed to do and fortunately we were able to communicate with him. With the stoppage of play with the review it was a great throw for the touchdown, a big-time play.

(on effort of Vince Young)

You can see what he did today. He used his legs and he used his arm. That’s why we drafted him. He took a big step today. I think the whole team did.

(on the Jones interception)

We fully expected them to get back to the run game. I guess for whatever reason we were fortunate that they decided to go no-back and throw the ball down the field. We pressured him, checked to a blitz, and he had to get rid of it and Pac made the play. He had a pretty good sense of what they were doing route-wise and things like that and he just ran finished the play.

(on Bobby Wade’s performance)

He had a career day in receiving yards. He works hard. He’s become more comfortable with Vince and Vince is getting more comfortable with everybody.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 09:56 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/2vj6a88.jpg 8) :D :shock:

Pit Bull #53
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I just got back home. Damn I hate the drive to Nashville from West TN....but the trip was wellllll worth it today.

What an amazing game. The first 3 quarters were some of the worst I've ever seen in the stadium. The whole place was so quiet, it was eerie. The only people that were yelling were the ones giving Fisher and the team hell. I bet 15,000 people left the game after the 3rd quarter, but not my ass. I was there screamin my lungs out the whole time.

Those final 12 minutes were nuts, the stadium went from dead silent to electric. Even when we were leaving you could still hear people inside screaming from the parking lot. Been a long time since we've had something like that to cheer about.

Vince and Adam were complete money down the stretch. Damn that was great. :D :D

TiTaNsFAN 1014
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM
i had a choice between starting VY or Brees in my fantasy team. I went with VY. I'm liking my choice = )

aNYtitan
11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
I didn't get a chance to catch the entire game, but I did see the final 2 minutes and the highlights. First, Plaxico Buress seems to be football's Manny Ramirez, except he is not a top 5 reciver. He showed no effort to chase down Pacman on that interception. Second, what was Kiwi thinking of when he let Vince go, it was just bizarre. It seems as if Young has the moxie to rally teams, and Pacman has justified his high draft status. I always felt good about the Young selection, and still feel it was the right one. Great game, and now I get to taunt my bro about his lowly Giants who are spiraling towards oblivion.

P.S. Now that it seems as if the Titans could do no worse then 4-12(I could see them winning one more, if not 2) What players are we aiming at? I've always loved Patrick Willis, and we might be slotted to select in the 10+ range

Pit Bull #53
11-26-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't think we take a LB at all, especially with the other needs we have. I'd still look at WR, DL, and Secondary wayyy before I'd look at a LB.

Our pass rush today was PATTTTTHETTTTICCCCCC.

TiTaNsFAN 1014
11-26-2006, 11:45 PM
at this point its unrealistic to get Calvin Johnson, so i'm lookin towards getting Gaines Adams.

rainbeaukid2
11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
at this point its unrealistic to get Calvin Johnson, so i'm lookin towards getting Gaines Adams.

good call as the pass rush needs some help

Pit Bull #53
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM

There's a good chance we won't be in position to get him either, because of tiebreakers if nothing else.

rainbeaukid2
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM

There's a good chance we won't be in position to get him either, because of tiebreakers if nothing else.

no, since adams isnt having a huge year this year, i think that he may be there when the titans pick. if not, they might stay at the position and go after quentin moses but i think that that would be a bad choice as moses hasnt done that well this year

CTCowboysFan
11-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say I love the Titans!!!! Thank you so much for your help in kicking our NFC East Rivals' arses, all is forgiven with the Albert Haynesworth incident.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 12:09 AM

no, since adams isnt having a huge year this year, i think that he may be there when the titans pick. if not, they might stay at the position and go after quentin moses but i think that that would be a bad choice as moses hasnt done that well this year

I disagree, Adams is having a good year. He had a sack in 8 straight games at one point this year, and in the game Saturday, he directly forced 2 INT's, one by swatting the ball, and another by hitting the QB as he threw, forcing a bad throw. He's listed on gamecenter with having an INT, but I don't remember it. I think he'll go top 5.

Komp
11-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Congrats on the big win....it made my afternoon enjoyable again after watching the refs screw over my Raiders. What an exciting win. I hope VY lives up to his potential cause when he puts it all together he sure is exciting to watch. Cheers.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 01:24 AM
good game titans go vy

i like the titans forum 8)

windy > ron popeil

OzTitan
11-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Fisher kept saying VY was in for a great passing day soon, but I didn't expect it THIS soon! :P

MicktheGreat
11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I cant believe i left that game early, i feel like such a dumb ass now but i honestly thought the game was over cause we hadnt done anything all game and the Giants were just taking it to us for three quarters

pac is having a very good stretch lets hope he can keep this up

and at first i was skeptical of us drafting young, but he has converted me into a fan of his

and most importantly we keep finding was to win :D

I left too with about 9 minutes left and the Titans down 21-0.

Literally, I walked into my apartment just as Bironas was kicking the winning FG as the Titans had scored 24 unanswered points for one of the biggest comebacks in franchise history.

NEVAH again will I leave early... :x :cry: :x

dpl85
11-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Vince Young is fo real and I love that man for beating the Giants and helping the Cowboys. There was never any doubt in my mind that VY would be a great player and I'm cerainly not saying he's arrived yet but he's definitely showing why the Titans drafted him that high and that he will be able to do many of the same things he did at UT in the NFL which a lot people said he wouldn't be able to dominate a game like that in the NFL. All the critics and haters around draft time that just totally tore his game apart will be eating crow very soon if they're not already. Some people (not just here but in general) around draft time acted like VY wouldn't even be able to tie his own shoes in the NFL which was absurd. Dude doesn't get rattled or nervous no matter the situation, he's always as cool as the other side of the pillow and that should have been readily apparent from watching his college career. VY will obviously never be Peyton Manning but he'll also never be Michael Vick in terms of accuracy.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
No offense Mick and Titans10, but it was embarassing to see all of our fans leave after the 3rd quarter. I bet 15-20,000 were gone when the 4th started. The guy that sits next to me has left in the middle of 2 games this year, this one and the Jets game where we came back and had a chance to tie.

I bet there were 10 total people left in my section at the end of the game. Me, my friend, and 2 other guys that were in front of us were making all the noise we possibly could, banging the seats, stomping, yelling, everything.

Man up and stick with em through good and bad :P

smittyjs
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
No offense Mick and Titans10, but it was embarassing to see all of our fans leave after the 3rd quarter. I bet 15-20,000 were gone when the 4th started. The guy that sits next to me has left in the middle of 2 games this year, this one and the Jets game where we came back and had a chance to tie.

I bet there were 10 total people left in my section at the end of the game. Me, my friend, and 2 other guys that were in front of us were making all the noise we possibly could, banging the seats, stomping, yelling, everything.

Man up and stick with em through good and bad :PWhen i go to the games i don't leave till tthe 2 minute warning comes and we are down by more than three TD's, if i am going to come through NAshville Traffic i'm going to stay till the end :lol:

SeanTaylorRIP
11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
All the VY bandwagoneers are showing up now, I know many of you Titans fans here were even angry when you took him, Since his Sophmore year and watching him in the Highschool Allstars games I have been saying he is the real deal, I was even mad when the Ravens didn't move up for him although Ngata is no bad deal.

MicktheGreat
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM

Man up and stick with em through good and bad :P

I know. This was the first game that I've ever left early. And man, was I kickin' myself later on... :x

Anyway, to be perfectly honest (and this may be sacrilegious), I actually prefer watching Titans' games from home as opposed to the stadium--not that watching the Titans at LP is bad, per se...just kinda my personal preference.

Preds games on the otherhand are SOOOO much better live than on TV.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I prefer watching the games live. I like to watch the secondary and receivers, and I can't really do that on TV. I guess it's because I played DB, but I like seeing what coverages we run, and watching one on one matchups with whoever Adam lines up against. You can also better see what reads the QB is/isn't making usually live.

Plus when we have a game like we did yesterday, nothing can replace the electric feeling that was in the stadium at the end of the game. I was celebrating with people I don't even know, it was great.

smittyjs
11-27-2006, 04:11 PM
"It hurts, man," he said. "Any loss hurts, but this particular one to a team we should have beat the **** out of -- this one hurts more."

And why should the Giants have beaten the (expletive) out of the Titans?
"Because they suck," he said. "That's why."Brandon Jacobs....... :roll:

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I know, I saw that. :lol:

I guess you have to justify it in your own mind somehow. Whatever he wants to believe, still doesn't change the fact that his team lost.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I know, I saw that. :lol:

I guess you have to justify it in your own mind somehow. Whatever he wants to believe, still doesn't change the fact that his team lost.

Makes you wonder about this guy, earlier in this year he said that the Skins coaches are telling their players to intentionally injure him and he also said that he didn't want to say anything but a year ago he got spat on by a former skins player, he's just one of those guys who has to say something to put his mind at ease, I guess whatever works for you.

smittyjs
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Nest year draft.......I could could see any of these guys being are pick(No CJ, not drafting that high)

http://i14.tinypic.com/47sjgpu.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/2vtuoeq.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/35iq3bd.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2efrtld.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2u7capu.jpg

11-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Nest year draft.......I could could see any of these guys being are pick(No CJ, not drafting that high)

http://i14.tinypic.com/47sjgpu.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/2vtuoeq.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/35iq3bd.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2efrtld.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2u7capu.jpg
Gaines Adams would be sweet, him or Branch.

stephenson86
11-27-2006, 06:17 PM
ive always been a vince young fan ever since the rose bowl final play. and im glad hes going to be the face of tennessee for what i hope to be a decade and more

Titansfan #53
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Who will be our couple of big FA signings this year? 41 million cap room

CB Asante Samuel - After that game against the bears this is my pick, he really showed me his athletiscm that I thought that he never had.

FS Ken Hamlin - This guy is really showing that he is one of the best this year.

DE Charles Grant - hasen't done much this year but he is still young, and has done good in the past.

Namy
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
wow amazing win guys. I know Kiwi kinda gave up on the sack, but him breaking that tackle just reminded me of the USC games where VY was just a man against boys and no defender could tackle him. VY amazes me as a prospect... especially when he scrabmles. He's not Vick type scrambler.. but he's elusive, hard to tackle, and has long strides.

smittyjs
11-27-2006, 08:49 PM
1st round pick: Dwayne Jarrett WR USC-Bennett haven't showed he is worth a Big Contract and Young Needs a big target, He is also part of that USC connection.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9341/jarretgf0.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUU_A9ZTmyk

2nd round pick: Josh Beekman OG Boston College Benji Olson isn't the future, we have a pretty good line with Roos, Bell, Stewart, and Mawae(Need a future Center also).
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0706/ncf_bc_beekman_275.jpg

3rd round pick: Brandon Meriweather S Tha UWe need a safety to pelace LT, he might be there or he may not, if he is he will be a HUGE steal.
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/36/363236.jpg

3rd Round pick(From Ravens):Daniel Bazuin DECMUWe need a pass rusher, that is what he will give us.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/cmu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/463505.jpeg

4th round pick: Leroy Harris C NCST We need a future Center, good pick here.
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/899/248502.jpg

5th round Pick: John Talley CB DukeCB talent is really there, i expect the titans to go after a FA during the offseason, but Hill have been terrible. Michael Waddell haven't done anything this season and Woolfolk has also been trash.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/92939.jpeg

6th Round Pick: Thomas Brown RB GeorgiaCB is gone we need a speedster IMO, he will be a good exchange from two powerbacks like Lendale White and Henry.
http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Thomas_Brown_v_Wisconsin.jpg

7th Round Pick: Jeremy Clark DT BamaIf he here in the 7th round he would be a good pick here, Fat Albert i'm hooing he will be a titan next year, but Randy Starks could be gone, same with Smith and Long is coming back from injury.
http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/1735_091703Clark2.JPG

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 09:00 PM
God I hope we don't draft Meriweather. We already have one headcase in the secondary, no need to add fuel to the fire.

I wouldn't mind any one of Jarrett-Ginn-Landry-Adams in the first. Adams preferably if he's there, but he likely won't be unless we lose all remaining games, lol.

I think I'd almost rather have Ben Grubbs than Beekman, I like both, but I'm more into the more mobile Olineman.

Also, the pick we got from the Ravens for #9 is a straight up 4th rounder. Turns out it wasn't conditional, at least that's what I've heard.

I also think that if we take a RB, we need to get a scatback like Lorenzo Booker or Garrett Wolfe.

MikeD
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
asonte samual wold do big thangs for you guys

B FOR BULLUCK
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Hm, I just started a Franchise in Madden. Oddly enough we were doing awful until we played the Giants then just ripped off 5 wins in a row (simmed the season) and a dismantling of the Colts at home. VY just dominated starting with the Giants. I love this game.

Anyhow here's what I ended up with and I think it looks pretty good. Maybe not all that realistic but...

Leon Hall (Gaines Adams was gone, he is my realistic player of choice), LaMarr Woodley, Dwayne Bowe, Garrett Wolfe, Ben Grubbs, Kyle Young, Ryan McBean, Justin Warren.

Doesn't seem all that unrealistic and fills some good holes. Woodley isnt exactly our defensive style but I like him.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I think Bud just needs to give Fish an extension and get it over with. I've said all along that I thought this years performance would be what I base me opinion on. Early on in the season, it seemed like he had lost the players, just like it seemed at the end of last year, but even since Vince has taken over the reins and we have some stability, the team has been playing hard and I like the direction we're headed in. We have stability at the most important position, now I think we need stability for Vince on the coaching staff.

smittyjs
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
If Young would have been the starter, would we won the Jets game and the Dolphins game?? We could have been 6-5 just though those games, should have beaten the ravens and colts......
8-3........... :( other three loses were blow out though........ :(

aNYtitan
11-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Im sorry but I still view Ginn as a better gamebreaker then Jarett. All this WR talk gets voided though if Adams is there, because he would be the best pick we would get, if he fell. However, I have read somewhere that Dwight Freeney reached incentives in his contract which allow him to test the market. If we could get him :D :D

stephenson86
11-28-2006, 08:03 AM
tbh i really want us to get leon hall, if we can bring in a big name FS then we will have no problem with deep threats, as pacman will have secured on side very nicely. but asante is unlikely to leave NE becaue of how bad their secondary is.leon hall would probably progress faster than pac, as he is not as raw. hes a top tier player and with all our needs i think we just take the best player going, which will likely be hall. if we do end up picking around 4 - 7 we should aim for branch, or adams

i just feel that if we brought in hall, him and pac could make a great connection, they will both be young theyll get on really well and unlike rey, hall is good

love the kid

MicktheGreat
11-28-2006, 09:32 AM
IMO, the Titans need to address WR, OG, DE, DT, CB, and FS this offseason. I think the Titans will draft somewhere between #6 and #10 (which would mean that WR Johnson is long gone as is probably DE Adams).

Here's how I'd rank the remaining players:
1. WR Ted Ginn
2. DT Alan Branch
3. CB Leon Hall
4. DE Quintin Moses

Given the Titans' history, I don't see them taking an OG in the 1st round, and there's not a FS good enough to take this early. While DE is a need, I expect them to make a heavy push for either Freeney or Grant in FA. Hall would be a good pick in the 1st; however, my hope is that the Titans pursue a veteran CB this offseason to start along with Pac (and let Finnegan be the nickleback and Reynaldo the dimeback).

On my list, that leaves Branch and Ginn. DT is certainly a concern, given that Haynesworth has had well-publicized problems (and hasn't played up to his potential anyway). Starks hasn't done anything, Robaire has been banged-up, and Long will be coming back from a season-long injury.

However, my pick would be Ginn. I don't see Bennett coming back next season. And with the Titans' poor record in the past in signing veteran FA WRs (see Carl Pickens, Yancey Thigpen, David Givens, etc.), I don't see them signing a vet WR. David Givens has been an utter bust (even when he hasn't been on the injury list...which, granted, he's on almost all the time). Brandon Jones has shown flashes of potential and could be a good #2 WR. But the Titans are without a play-making, legit #1 calibur WR. As Young continues to progress, it will be very important that the Titans give him some weapons to work with at WR. That's why Ginn (who reminds me a little of Steve Smith) makes the most sense to me.

Pit Bull #53
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I probably like Ginn has a prospect more than most people on this board do. Honestly, I'd rather have him than Leon Hall because I think he's going to be a star. He'd be a nice guy to use on drags, slants, and screens, plus he has the speed to stretch the defense deep, something we currently do not have at all. I'd venture to say that Courtney Roby is our fastest WR, and it seems like he hasn't seen the field in forever.

Bennett and Wade are both FA's. I might just let Bennett walk, draft Ted Ginn, and resign Wade. Then start Brandon Jones and Ginn until Givens is ready to come back 100% (he may be ready by training camp, idk). Though, losing Bennett completely takes away our height in the WR corps. Jonathan Orr would be our tallest I think. I guess we don't throw many jump balls anyway.

OzTitan
11-28-2006, 07:40 PM
It's funny isn't it - we may have a choice of Jarrett and Ginn Jr, and they couldn't possibly be more opposite in play style and strengths. Jarrett would keep the height and hopefully introduce some solid hands, while Ginn Jr would introduce a real speed element.

I'm torn between the two really.

smittyjs
11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuCLF8HAfQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLHqllXIxJIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUTs1WluxDE&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVP9GzV1ROY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-KMwGybLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqUQQHtFGZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ12p3uLk3Y&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU60bzITd2U&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qV722r5ScY

MicktheGreat
11-28-2006, 10:17 PM
It's funny isn't it - we may have a choice of Jarrett and Ginn Jr, and they couldn't possibly be more opposite in play style and strengths. Jarrett would keep the height and hopefully introduce some solid hands, while Ginn Jr would introduce a real speed element.

Yes, Jarrett has the height for sure (and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we drated him). HOWEVER, the Titans don't really throw jump-balls very often. And they'd still have the TEs (who are all big targets) running routes over the middle and in the redzone.

To me, the deep-threat that Ginn would supply is something that the Titans have been missing...well...forever (given the fact that our last intended deep-threat--Calico--was an utter bust). I think Ginn would really stretch the field and make the underneath routes easier for Jones/Givens (and the TEs) and open up running lanes for Henry/White.

Just my opinion...

stephenson86
11-29-2006, 01:47 AM

Yes, Jarrett has the height for sure (and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we drated him). HOWEVER, the Titans don't really throw jump-balls very often. And they'd still have the TEs (who are all big targets) running routes over the middle and in the redzone.

To me, the deep-threat that Ginn would supply is something that the Titans have been missing...well...forever (given the fact that our last intended deep-threat--Calico--was an utter bust). I think Ginn would really stretch the field and make the underneath routes easier for Jones/Givens (and the TEs) and open up running lanes for Henry/White.

Just my opinion...

i do like ted ginn, but my fave player who wil be left when we pick most likely is hall :cry: but WR is our biggest need, but i love hall, and ginn is awesome :cry: i just dont know

Bobertchin
11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm suspicious of WRs that don't show good hands, and Ginn hasn't had to run precise routes. I think Jarrett is the more complete WR right now. He lacks Ginns gamebreaking speed; I'll admit that. But the guy gets open, and he runs great routes and can make fantastic catches. After what we got with Calico, I'll take a precise, pass catching WR over raw talent right now. I want Young to have a conistent target.

Bobertchin
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Also, I don't think WR is our biggest need. I'd prefer a second rounder, like maybe Sweed of Meachem (they might be there). I'd say we need a DE FIRST. It's easily our biggest need, IMO. We don't get enough pass rush, and it hurts our secondary. A top safety would be nice in that first round too. But value is the key, and if WR is better value, I'm all for it.

Pit Bull #53
11-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Also, I don't think WR is our biggest need. I'd prefer a second rounder, like maybe Sweed of Meachem (they might be there). I'd say we need a DE FIRST. It's easily our biggest need, IMO. We don't get enough pass rush, and it hurts our secondary. A top safety would be nice in that first round too. But value is the key, and if WR is better value, I'm all for it.

Been awhile since you've been around this neck of the woods 8)

And I agree that DE is the biggest need, the problem, in my opinion, is the gap between Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses is quite big, and that is right in the area that we sit. If Gaines somehow fell to us, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not a fan of taking Moses or Woodley in the top 15 at all. That seems to be the problem we're running in to at a couple of positions that we need.

Bobertchin
11-29-2006, 04:55 PM

Been awhile since you've been around this neck of the woods 8)

And I agree that DE is the biggest need, the problem, in my opinion, is the gap between Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses is quite big, and that is right in the area that we sit. If Gaines somehow fell to us, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not a fan of taking Moses or Woodley in the top 15 at all. That seems to be the problem we're running in to at a couple of positions that we need.

I've been busy ;). But I agree with you. The thing about Woodley is that he seems to be getting better all the time. He's got upside, IMO. He's incredibly strong, too. but if we are picking in the top 15, then I'd like to trade down before taking either of those DEs after Adams. I'm with you on that. Or...how's this...take the best player on the board at WR or S, and then trade our 2nd, 4th and 5th to get back up into the end of round one and grab one of those DEs.

Titansfan777
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
MY OFF-SEASON IDEAS

First, We Resign:
*Resign Peter Sirmon
*Resign Drew Bennett
*Ahmard Halll
*Resign Robaire Smith
In Free Agency
*Sign Asante Samuel
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8526/samueltz7.th.png (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samueltz7.png)
*Sign Charles Grant
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8012/grantwn1.th.png (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=grantwn1.png)

In the draft we take:

1. Dwayne Jarrett- A gamebreaking WR who is the 2nd best in the country after CJ. He has great speed with a nice set of moves to go with great hands and a huge frame at 6' 5". He is a great receiver who is can change a game. He is a great possesion receiver who can make the tough catch and be a big time playmaker. He and Vince would be exiting to watch for years to come.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/821/jarrettou7.th.png (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jarrettou7.png)
2. Brandon Merriweather- A great safety who is the 3rd best in the country, but will fall due to character issues. He has great speed and intangibles to go with a skillset like Lamont Thompson. He sort of reminds me of a poor mans Ed Reed with the same attitude and knack for the big play. He could start right away and make a great impact in our young secondary.
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4821/merriweatherie3.th.png (http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=merriweatherie3.png)
3. Joe Staley- He is a tweener Guard/Tackle who can play at both places very effectively. He has good speed and is great in the run game with his nice size, yet is still great in the passing game with his ability to hold his own against a stronger defender. He could be our replacement for Benji Olsen at guard or untill then, a great backup.
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7421/staleyze7.th.png (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=staleyze7.png)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL STARTING ROSTER FOR THE 2006-2007 NFL SEASON

QB-Vince Young
RB-Travis Henry
FB-Ahmard Hall
WR1-Drew Bennett
WR2-David Givens
WR3-Dwayne Jarrett
TE1-Ben Troupe
TE2-Erron Kinney
TE3-Bo Scaife
LT-Micheal Roos
LG-Benji Olsen/Joe Staley
C-Kevin Mawae
RG-Jacob Bell
RT-David Stewart

LE-Kyle Vanden Bosch
DT-Albert Haynesworth
DT-Robaire Smith
RE-Charles Grant
LOLB-David Thornton
MLB-Peter Sirmon
ROLB-Keith Bulluck
CB-Adam "Pacman" Jones
SS-Chris Hope
FS-Brandon Merriweather
CB-Asante Samuel

K-Rob Bironis
P-Craig Hentrich
KR-Adam "Pacman" Jones *Could get Steve Breaston with a 5th-6th rounder
PR-Adam "Pacman" Jones

Pit Bull #53
11-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Not bad, I'll just add a couple of comments.

- If you think we're gonna draft Brandon Meriweather, I think you're gonna be very disappointed. With the things that have happened on the team this season, we are not going to touch someone with the character questions he has.

- Stephen Tulloch is better than Peter Sirmon and should be starting at MLB the rest of the year and next.

- I like the FA signings alot.

- Bell is the LG and Olson is the RG. Nothing major, but yeah.

- Doubt Pacman will be our KR, we'll use someone else probably to keep from overworking him just like this year. Either Roby or Finnegan possibly. Or resign Bobby Wade...I see no reason why we wouldn't keep him. The coaches love him and he's been pretty good, plus he's still pretty young.

- We're also going to have to make a decision on Travis Henry. He hit an incentive this year that guarantee's an $8.3 million roster bonus for next year. There's no way we pay him this. We will either sign him to a new deal, or cut him and go with LenDale. I think we give him a new deal personally.

- I don't think we're going to go into next season with Bennett, Jarrett, and Givens. To re-sign Bennett and draft Jarrett with a probable top 10 or so pick, that is too much money to be tied up in one position. I don't think it makes sense economically.

- Not a real fan of Joe Staley in the 3rd, but meh, I'd like whoever the best interior OL prospect is in the 3rd round. Whoever that may be.

stephenson86
11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
what would the likely hood be of us getting charles grant? i do love the guy

also how likely would it be that we traded for randy moss? i think hed help vince

smittyjs
11-30-2006, 07:39 AM
what would the likely hood be of us getting charles grant? i do love the guy

also how likely would it be that we traded for randy moss? i think hed help vinceFisher stated he wouldn't want Moss, Moss wouldn't be happy, because the titans aren't going to be able to get him his 80 catches so early in Young's career.

Pit Bull #53
11-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I think you guys can go ahead and check anyone off your wishlist that has major character concerns. I don't think we're gonna take a chance on anyone with the things that have happened this year.

Windy
11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
what do you guys think about norm chow being a candidate for arizona state's job

Titansfan777
11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
I think he should stay in TN

smittyjs
11-30-2006, 06:53 PM
what do you guys think about norm chow being a candidate for arizona state's jobAnd i'm really starting to like him :( , he should stay.

11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
When do we play again?

Pit Bull #53
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
When do we play again?

Hopefully never. Recently, we seem to match up with you guys about as well as you do with the Texans.

11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
When do we play again?

Hopefully never. Recently, we seem to match up with you guys about as well as you do with the Texans.
Thats why I love playing you guys. 8)
But honestly, you guys usually play us well, the last 2 games however have been lopsided. But with VY's emergence I expect it to be much more competitive.

smittyjs
11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
When do we play again?

But honestly, you guys usually play us well, the last 2 games however have been lopsided. But with VY's emergence I expect it to be much more competitive.it might be a better game with it being here and how the Jags have been playing on the road this year.

11-30-2006, 09:26 PM
When do we play again?

But honestly, you guys usually play us well, the last 2 games however have been lopsided. But with VY's emergence I expect it to be much more competitive.it might be a better game with it being here and how the Jags have been playing on the road this year.
I hate road games, we are just horrible.

aNYtitan
11-30-2006, 10:41 PM
- Doubt Pacman will be our KR, we'll use someone else probably to keep from overworking him just like this year. Either Roby or Finnegan possibly. Or resign Bobby Wade...I see no reason why we wouldn't keep him. The coaches love him and he's been pretty good, plus he's still pretty young.

That why Ted Ginn Jr. would make such perfect sense. Imagine kicking it to either Pacman or Teddy, and the ability to switch them around during kicks and punts. Scary thought huh?

smittyjs
11-30-2006, 11:22 PM

That why Ted Ginn Jr. would make such perfect sense. Imagine kicking it to either Pacman or Teddy, and the ability to switch them around during kicks and punts. Scary thought huh?I really think we will pick Ginn in the draft if Adams is gone, Ginn can slot the first year or so.

Pit Bull #53
11-30-2006, 11:40 PM
I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem (:wink:) at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.

Titans10
11-30-2006, 11:48 PM
I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem (:wink:) at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.

I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterous

smittyjs
12-01-2006, 09:10 AM

I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterousAdams in the first this year and EB in the first next year 8) :wink:

Titans10
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterousAdams in the first this year and EB in the first next year 8) :wink:

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant wait

smittyjs
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant waitAbout time it 8)

Titanfreak46
12-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?

MikeD
12-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I would take jarret over smith but i would want c johnson over them both. It would be worth it to get both, then the futre at wideout is solid for the futre

Pit Bull #53
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?

I don't think it's a big enough need to draft in the first two rounds. Remember what stockpiling at a certain position does. That's what got us those gems Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom and Bo Schobel. I think, unless we re-sign Bennett, that we could draft a WR in either the first or second, but not both. I like Meachem because he has the size to break tackles in the open field and has the speed to run away from defenders after he does it. I think we need to address either the DL or secondary in one of the first two rounds.

Btw, the given nicknames for our FA WR busts are "Carla" Pickens and "Nancy" Thigpen. :lol:

TiTaNsFAN 1014
12-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Im not totally sold on Ted Ginn jr. i really think he falls back on his speed way too much and I would personallly rather have Jarett. He really really impressed me against ND and i just think he's better than Ginn in every aspect of the game besides speed of course, which is what we're lacking so if they took ginn i wouldnt be THAT dissapointed but i would rather have Jarett. Also, you gotta think Norm Chow is gonna really pull for Jarett anyways. What do u guys think are the chances that Drew comes back? If he does, i could see how Ginn is a smart choice, but if he doesn't come back, i think it's a no brainer we take jarett. And if Gaines Adams is there, then this post is entirely useless. :lol:

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 05:21 PM
What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?

Pit Bull #53
12-02-2006, 05:28 PM
What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?

Well, it wasn't him that asked to be traded. IIRC, he hired a new agent this season, and the agent came out and asked to be traded after we drafted LenDale because he didn't see much of a future for Chris here. Chris himself has never said anything bad that I know of, and hasn't complained, that was all his agent. He likely won't be active for the rest of the year (and hasn't been since the beginning) because we only dress 2 RB's, and LenDale is guaranteed to dress because he plays special teams. Health is always a concern with Brown, but lately he doesn't seem to have the same burst that he had in 2004.