PDA

View Full Version : **** Finals Thread

yourfavestoner
05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
This thread is for all of the college students on NFLDC to vent about the obscene beast known as finals week.

diabsoule
05-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I didn't have any since I'm in graduate school but I did have to administer them and some teachers for the lower level classes make their final exams way too difficult.

sweetness34
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I've got Finals Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Calculus, Mythology, and Sociology for me. Mythology won't be too bad considering we got a packet of all we need to know. But my Calc final is gonna be a biotch. And my Soc final is going to be hard as hell too.

The Unseen
05-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I didn't have any since I'm in graduate school but I did have to administer them and some teachers for the lower level classes make their final exams way too difficult.

My desire to going to graduate school just went up a little bit.

UKfan
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Well, my final exams at University begin next week, Russian oral exam Friday, then the week after "Knot Theory" and "Topics in Statistics", then finally "Principles of Finance". Knot Theory sucks...

yourfavestoner
05-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I had two yesterday, English and Political Science. I've got Spanish today and then Communications and Sociology next week.

The Unseen
05-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I had two yesterday, English and Political Science. I've got Spanish today and then Communications and Sociology next week.

Cómo están tus notas en la clase de español?

sweetness34
05-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Cómo están tus notas en la clase de español?

F!! haha...I'm taking Spanish next year, or well relearning it from High School.

MaxV
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
My finals start in 10 days. I'm alread in the studying mode. 3 of my subjects I'm not worried about, but I am REALLY worried about the 4th one.

It's VERY difficult and there is A LOT of material.

Quiet a few sleepless nights for the next 10 days.

Acreboy
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
just took my last one today. English at 7:30 a.m. ..

My teacher was the "creative writing" type so we had to do more "interpreting" than anything else.

I must admit though, it was quite easy.

princefielder28
05-11-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm still in high school but I have finals in College Physics and College Calculus :(

Pit Bull #53
05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Mine were like 2 weeks ago. I did fairly well on all of em. I don't usually stress too hard on tests, I seem to retain information pretty well and don't have to sit up half the night studying like some people do to do well on them.

PalmerToCJ
05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Been done for a full week now :D

bearsfan_51
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM

Yeah...right.....

Try finishing up a 150 page thesis while learning to read and write Nahuatl over the summer. Finals are baby stuff, that's why there are none in graduate school.

bernbabybern820
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Been done for a full week now :D

I think all NJ universities are also done.

Jimmy
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM
im in highschool, but finals start rediculously early for a HS, and my last day is may 31

fenikz
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
my finals were so easy, and i have no idea why, they were never that easy in highschool, maybe its because i'm actually learning stuff that is of some interest to me

Damix
05-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Mine were a week ago, and easy

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't write my exams till June. I got University physics, World religions, World History, and Drama(cake). Shouldn't be too hard. I had math and science the same day last year, and to top it off, I woke up that morning with a killer migraine.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
05-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I only took 4 classes this semester, and I was exempt from my BSAT and STAT finals. Only had to take BIOL and POLS, finals were a breeze.

McBain
05-11-2007, 07:00 PM
i gots kicked out of college...... :(

ricky bobby
05-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, my final exams at University begin next week, Russian oral exam Friday, then the week after "Knot Theory" and "Topics in Statistics", then finally "Principles of Finance". Knot Theory sucks...
Russian dentists are the best.

I had 3 finals in a row yesterday, 1 today, and 1 to go.

diabsoule
05-11-2007, 07:43 PM

if you are burnt out from school then I would tell you to take a break. That was my mistake in going to grad school right after getting my undergrad.

Also, you will wish for finals when enrolled in a graduate program. You have to do so much more work when working on your master's that you pray for the days of undergraduate work.

yourfavestoner
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
if you are burnt out from school then I would tell you to take a break. That was my mistake in going to grad school right after getting my undergrad.

Also, you will wish for finals when enrolled in a graduate program. You have to do so much more work when working on your master's that you pray for the days of undergraduate work.

I don't doubt it. I'm in my freshman year, and the workload has been far easier than I thought it would be.

sweetness34
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't doubt it. I'm in my freshman year, and the workload has been far easier than I thought it would be.

Where do you go to school?

Nitschke-Hawk
05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah...right.....

Try finishing up a 150 page thesis while learning to read and write Nahuatl over the summer. Finals are baby stuff, that's why there are none in graduate school.

It's not worth it!!!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Where do you go to school?

The Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. Stoner academy in San Diego.

sweetness34
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
The Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. Stoner academy in San Diego.

Haha I could've guessed that.

Rob S
05-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I am done already......nothing too difficult.

Acreboy
05-12-2007, 01:12 AM
i gots kicked out of college...... :(What happened there?

VoteLynnSwan
05-12-2007, 01:18 AM
i get out really late... I've still got a week of classes and then finals. Finals don't bother me, i just hate how all my teacher pile on the **** for the week before.

But i only have three this "quarter" (we're on quarters, but there's a summer quarter, so basically it's trimesters) Chem 2, Physics of Electricity and Magnetism, and Calc 4.

Calc should be easy, Physics will probably be pretty hard considering I haven't really learned much in the class, and Chem will be hard as hell because my teacher is a *****.

Tigers60
05-12-2007, 01:20 AM
I just glad I passed all my classes with high enough grades that I can slip just a little on my finals. I don't think I did bad on any of them but, If I did just a little bad it would not hurt. I am also glad Finals and School for this year is over.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I got finals starting in a week, but I'm not too stressed. They are rarely that hard.

The Unseen
05-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah...right.....

Sounds fun.

AdrianWilson12
05-12-2007, 07:44 AM
If anyone can fill me with knowledge regarding Germany from 1848-71, aka the unification period, it will be much appreciated. I'm effectively learning the whole course over this weekend thanks to a useless teacher and slack work ethic.

I'm not sure what it translates to over in the states, but I'm doing my AS levels which is what you do from 17-18. I'm sure all those doing college finals see it as a doss in comparison.

Xiomera
05-12-2007, 08:40 AM
This thread came two weeks late. My last final was on April 26th . . .

mcdlaxbonz13
05-12-2007, 02:37 PM
my best technique for studying is....... not studying. didn't study for any of my finals and ive done very good on them all so far

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:07 PM
JUst got done friday..... 3.8 baby. My advanced spanish Oral exam ruined my no hitter on B's.

neko4
05-12-2007, 04:11 PM
If anyone can fill me with knowledge regarding Germany from 1848-71, aka the unification period, it will be much appreciated. I'm effectively learning the whole course over this weekend thanks to a useless teacher and slack work ethic.

I'm not sure what it translates to over in the states, but I'm doing my AS levels which is what you do from 17-18. I'm sure all those doing college finals see it as a doss in comparison.

oh you too!!
I live in VA and all schools(3rd grade till your out of high school) have to take an SOL(for each class) and if you pass that then you get course credits and high schoolers wont have to take a final if they choose to

Im sure other states have something like this

adschofield
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Google Otto von Bismarck; he basically used nationalism and industrialization to unify Germany.

AdrianWilson12
05-13-2007, 04:25 AM
oh you too!!
I live in VA and all schools(3rd grade till your out of high school) have to take an SOL(for each class) and if you pass that then you get course credits and high schoolers wont have to take a final if they choose to

Im sure other states have something like this

In fairness though I can't blame my teacher too much, its more that I have no passion for the subject anymore. I now take the attitude that because history is written by the victors, it is rarely a true reflection to what things were actually like. I still want to get a good grade (so I can go to a good uni) but I couldn't care less about the boringness of the course.

Google Otto von Bismarck; he basically used nationalism and industrialization to unify Germany.

Thanks for the help. I know vagually what was going on, its just having enough details and remembering all the arguments. It's interesting you take the attitude that they were unified by economic reasons rather than through war. From my little knowledge I think Bismarck was rather lucky more so than being especially good himself.

villagewarrior
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
You know what finals stands for right? F***, I Never Actually Learned this S***. Just finished my finals a couple of days ago. I skipped about 3 months worth of Spanish so I'll be surprised if I passed that class, but Literary Criticism, Modern Grammar and Linguistics, Creative Non-fiction, and Intro to Playwriting went pretty well.

Jimmy
05-13-2007, 10:19 AM
i gots kicked out of college...... :(

how? 1-0cchar

AdrianWilson12
05-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Am I correct in assuming that in the US you have to study a wider variety of subjects at college? Here you only do 4 subjects before uni, and at uni (if its single honours) you only a do a few chosen modules of something else. Do you have to do a foreign language and stuff like that that you don't want to?

P-L
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Been done since late April.

Freddy G
05-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, i don't have finals until the first week of June...bummer. But we did get a month+ off from thanksgiving until Jan. 5.

Shouldn't be hard though. Logic, Calculus 2, health, and Physics 203 (magnetism)

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Been done since late April.

Want a cookie? :D

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Got my Sociology final tomorrow, bleh. It's not technically a final either. Is just another test over new material. 300 point class, 150 on tests (five 30 point tests) and 150 on homework and in-class assignments. So basically instead of a cumulative final over everything we've learned so far, we just get a test over the new chapters we talked about.

Got by Mythology final on Wednesday which is going to be a bunch of remembering names and stuff. 15 page packet with over 300 characters on them and we only get 80 questions. Shouldn't be too bad though.

Calculus final on Thursday I believe which is going to be a biotch. I'm taking Business Calc 151 and I have a 89.7% right now going into my final. I want to get an A but I'd be happy with a B.

Don't have a final in Composition. Just had to turn in a final portfolio or all my things.

nobodyinparticular
05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Am I correct in assuming that in the US you have to study a wider variety of subjects at college? Here you only do 4 subjects before uni, and at uni (if its single honours) you only a do a few chosen modules of something else. Do you have to do a foreign language and stuff like that that you don't want to?

In the US, most high schools have a 7-8 course schedule throughout the year. Meaning from August to the end of May, high schoolers take all the same 7-8 classes. High schools with block scheduling have a 4-class term schedule--meaning that from August-December the students take 4 classes then from January-May they take 4 different classes.

And yes, it's a requirement to take a foreign language, English and a social science (that varies depending on grade level) every year on top of math and science classes.

nobodyinparticular
05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Got by Mythology final on Wednesday which is going to be a bunch of remembering names and stuff. 15 page packet with over 300 characters on them and we only get 80 questions. Shouldn't be too bad though.

Which books did you study in your mythology class?

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Which books did you study in your mythology class?

Um I can't really remember. But we studied Zeus, Hermes, Hericles, Poseidon, Apollo, Hades, 12 Roman/Olympian Gods, Prometheus/Epimetheus, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have my packet in my back pack so I'll go and check it out. We didn't have a text book though.

nobodyinparticular
05-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Um I can't really remember. But we studied Zeus, Hermes, Hericles, Poseidon, Apollo, Hades, 12 Roman/Olympian Gods, Prometheus/Epimetheus, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have my packet in my back pack so I'll go and check it out. We didn't have a text book though.

Yeah, we didn't have any textbooks persay either. We just went through various books. We went through the Iliad, The Aeneid, Hesiod's works (Works and Days and Theogony) and then the Norse mythology the Poetic Eddas and Sagas.

yourfavestoner
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I am done with school and am so happy.

MP123
05-14-2007, 10:49 PM
You guys in colege r on summer break now?