11-09-2006, 01:46 PM
wooo, go skins.

Yeah we are taking down the Eagles.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-09-2006, 05:43 PM
wooo, go skins.

Yeah we are taking down the Eagles.

Hope springs eternal!!!!

If they can take the Eagles they can challenge for the weak NFC East.

critesy
11-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Yes, beat the eagles and cowboys lose to Arizona i think?

We'll all then be tied except for the Giants :twisted:

SeanTaylorRIP
11-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Mark Brunell should not be playing anymore Skins coaches no nothing, and Duckett had a 12 yard carry but they couldn't give him anymore runs because they can't allow him to look better than Ladell Betts, Portis broken hand sucks.

ccB
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Mark Brunell should not be playing anymore Skins coaches no nothing, and Duckett had a 12 yard carry but they couldn't give him anymore runs because they can't allow him to look better than Ladell Betts, Portis broken hand sucks.When are we finally gonan get a chance to see Jason Campbell play? If you guys arent gonna use him anytime soon I think we can find room for him on the ravens.. McNair could have alot to show him :wink:

critesy
11-12-2006, 06:45 PM
i want to see jason start so bad :evil: :evil: :evil:

SeanTaylorRIP
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Until the coaching staff gets over their mancrush on Brunell it won't happen any time soon.

critesy
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM

Until the coaching staff gets over their mancrush on Brunell it won't happen any time soon.

maybe it will just come to reality for them

and how about santana today...dropping balls and such, kinda looked scared/frustrated with this team and how the season is going.

703SKINS202
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
cambell to start thank god

SeanTaylorRIP
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Canadian_draft_fan
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D
Best news all season. Gibbs hopes the O can be more productive. Pretty damning indictment of Brunell.

critesy
11-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Thats really weird because yesterday i told my brother, i stopped caring about the skins and watching their games until campbell played or portis came back :D :D

Burns336
11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
too bad you guys have to start Campbell against a good buc's secondary and are without Portis to open things up a little bit. This change was well over due, but as im watching the monday night game, im not so sure this is the best time to start him. This could be really bad for his confidence if he goes out and throws something like 3 picks.

I guess the other way to look at it though is that if Campbell isnt mentally tough enough to deal with something like a 3int start, maybe he isnt the guy you want behinde the wheel of this team. I mean, come on, not everyone is a tony romo :lol:

locseti
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I bet you guys are so juiced about the switch - im picking Campbell up in my FFL league just in case. The only question is why the hell did it take so long??? Brunell is obviously done.

703SKINS202
11-13-2006, 10:06 PM
because gibbs is a ***** who has lost all his skills, he needs to go after the season, he has no confidence in himself so why should the team, snyder need to work on management as well cerato has to go too

ccB
11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Jason Campbell gives me a reason to watch the skins.

critesy
11-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Jason Campbell gives me a reason to watch the skins.

i like that kind of talk :D \

kinda goes with my post above as well. hah.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-14-2006, 02:08 PM
because gibbs is a *********** who has lost all his skills, he needs to go after the season, he has no confidence in himself so why should the team, snyder need to work on management as well cerato has to go too

Chil out yunggin don't bash Gibbs, bash Snyder and Saunders, if coach Joe was calling plays like last year we would not be 3-6, Saunders is trash and overrated.

703SKINS202
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
u know who made that decision? joe gibbs, he fired himself when he brought in saunders to call the plays cause he knew he lost it, he cant even look at the plays anymore he closes his eyes like a little girl, he doesnt even get in the faces of the refs to argue calls, he is not a example of what a head coach should be... we should put cowher on the radar in 2 years if hes not resigned

McBain
11-14-2006, 10:28 PM
because gibbs is a *********** who has lost all his skills, he needs to go after the season, he has no confidence in himself so why should the team, snyder need to work on management as well cerato has to go too

Heresy. Except the Cerrato part... he does need to go, we need to get a real GM.

critesy
11-14-2006, 11:50 PM
u know who made that decision? joe gibbs, he fired himself when he brought in saunders to call the plays cause he knew he lost it, he cant even look at the plays anymore he closes his eyes like a little girl, he doesnt even get in the faces of the refs to argue calls, he is not a example of what a head coach should be... we should put cowher on the radar in 2 years if hes not resigned

NO! i hate cowher and just everything he does...i do not like him. If he coaches the skins i will goto my 2nd team.(i have other teams to goto because im canadian :) but like the skins the most)

locseti
11-15-2006, 04:44 PM

NO! i hate cowher and just everything he does...i do not like him. If he coaches the skins i will goto my 2nd team.(i have other teams to goto because im canadian :) but like the skins the most)

You mean your CFL teams.

critesy
11-15-2006, 10:19 PM

You mean your CFL teams.

noo, CFL is bunk...

SeanTaylorRIP
11-16-2006, 03:26 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061115/capt.895a8a5b43e3472e815f008efb599ef3.redskins_por tis_wx105.jpg

It hurts just looking.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Dang Santana is out for sunday.

draftguru151
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
You guys are going to get murdered for the rest of the season. Hopefully everyone comes back healthy next year and you guys have a good offseason.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow JC looked great today he is gonna be a star, like I said one of the best arms in the NFL also he has a lot of poise, very impressive for a 1st start, if he had Santana it could have been different.

703SKINS202
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM
yea he looked great looks like he is gonna have a nice future here

critesy
11-19-2006, 03:54 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: im so mad the game wasnt on tv up here.

by the looks he did amazing for his first game against a good defense.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM

It sounds bad to say it, but I hope we loose the rest of our games but JC does good, I want Leon Hall or Branch.

critesy
11-19-2006, 04:08 PM
agreed. games like these are nice.

Number 10
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM

It sounds bad to say it, but I hope we loose the rest of our games but JC does good, I want Leon Hall or Branch.

Leon Hall looked awgul against the good Ohio State WRs.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 12:41 PM
You guys are completely devaluing defensive ends. Thats what you need on defense. The best secondary is a great pass rush, something you lack out of the front 4. You need a DE.

You have to have faith that Rogers can make the leap next year, and hope Springs can stay healthy. If not, hey you guys love FAs, and Clements is on the market, so thats a quick fix.

Ive never been a fan of Arch, and I think you guys can replace him in the draft, but I doubt this happens considering how much money you invested in him.

On paper, the only missing link is FS, CB and DE. I take a DE over FS and CB anyday. You guys just need to let Gibbs run the offense again, let players gel and learn how to play with eachother, and draft a DE. Thats what you need.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-20-2006, 01:50 PM
You guys are completely devaluing defensive ends. Thats what you need on defense. The best secondary is a great pass rush, something you lack out of the front 4. You need a DE.

You have to have faith that Rogers can make the leap next year, and hope Springs can stay healthy. If not, hey you guys love FAs, and Clements is on the market, so thats a quick fix.

Ive never been a fan of Arch, and I think you guys can replace him in the draft, but I doubt this happens considering how much money you invested in him.

On paper, the only missing link is FS, CB and DE. I take a DE over FS and CB anyday. You guys just need to let Gibbs run the offense again, let players gel and learn how to play with eachother, and draft a DE. Thats what you need.

Unless Gaines Adams falls to us we will not going DE with our probably high first rounder. A guy like Moses wouldnt' work. We need a Strongside DE opposite of Andre Carter who can stop the run. I'd love Landry or even more Michael Griffin in a trade down. Also I pray Alan Branch falls to us. But still Hall and McCauley are also guys I want, wouldnt' mind Patrick Willis either, we need that intimidating monster in the middle, LaMar Marshall has been poor this year and is better suited OLB backing up Rocky next year.

21ST
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I cant wait for JC's first home game

critesy
11-22-2006, 04:15 PM
ahahah, are you back err ?

21ST
11-24-2006, 09:48 AM

yeah

McBain
11-24-2006, 05:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668

insanity..

critesy
11-25-2006, 01:30 AM

yeah

niiice, we now have like 3 skins fans.

21ST
11-26-2006, 09:34 AM
lets get a dub

SeanTaylorRIP
11-26-2006, 09:42 AM
lets get a dub

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sure whatever you say.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Woot Woot!!! The defense was amazing today, and I liked what I saw from JC, and Duckett, dangit give him more Carries!!! :evil: Carlos Rogers, O Baby!!!

21ST
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
carlos rogers out there lookin like he actually knew what was goin on

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the win today guys!

703SKINS202
11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
hopefully rogers can play like that a lot more from now on, breakout game for him of the season if not career

SeanTaylorRIP
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
hopefully rogers can play like that a lot more from now on, breakout game for him of the season if not career

Hard to name many other corners who shut down Steve Smith.

critesy
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
WOOOO love the win, against a good defense and all, thats very good for JC but bad for our only draft pick we have...although i dont care cause we're going to draft some junk sort of person, so i say we keep on trying to win with JC playing this good :)

CalBears99
11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
i knew jason campbell would play well. i just don't understand y it took gibbs so long to make the decision to play him.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
i knew jason campbell would play well. i just don't understand y it took gibbs so long to make the decision to play him.

Hey Calbears long time no see, anyways Brunell stayed longer cause his good looks seduced his coaches.

critesy
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.redskins.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ICJHEIEIPAGG/72648356insinde.jpg

im so happy :D

SeanTaylorRIP
11-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Yay Sean Taylor NFC defensive player of the year, also I heard we signed Vanderjagt, eww.

McBain
11-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Yay Sean Taylor NFC defensive player of the year, also I heard we signed Vanderjagt, eww.

Nah, suisham...

bigbluedefense
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Mendoooooooozaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahhaa, sorry, I just can't get enough of that.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-29-2006, 01:47 PM

Nah, suisham...

Dangit the News fooled me they said Redskins sign former Dallas kicker, Suisham is but not what I was thinking.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2006, 07:30 AM
We have a real chance against the Falcons.

21ST
12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Well we gotta get diss dub tomorrow

McBain
12-03-2006, 03:17 AM
We have a real chance against the Falcons.

Is this our first matchup agaisnt Vick? I think we have a shot too.. with all the turmoil hopefully our d shows up.. our dbs certainly should be able to contain there WRs.. it's just a matter of stopping vick.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
eh :?

703SKINS202
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
the only thing to say is we suck and well never be good until we hold onto draft picks and get some new talent evaluators

SeanTaylorRIP
12-05-2006, 03:30 PM
(My Opinion On Ladell Betts):
Oh I pray to god that Ladell Betts leaves in FAgency and no one signs him to a big contract, even for teams I hate like the Giants I would never wish upon them to sign Betts and the big contract he's gonna get. He is easily by far my least favorite Redskin even more than Brunell or LaVar. Ladell is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. First off stats never tell the true story. Stats wise sure it's pretty nice but when the coaching staff has a mancrush on you and you are getting 20+ carries and 20+ balls thrown to you, you should have nice stats. His game against the Falcons was just a fluke as they have a poor run defense. Ladell shows nothing that you would want in a starting RB. Speed=Terrible, Vision=Terrible(he doesn't even look for lanes half the time he just runs into the lineman and goes down after first contact, Power=Terrible(can't believe announcers call him a downhill runner he fails in short yardage situations and falls on first contact), Explosion/playmaking ability=Terrrible(He has no speed or wiggle his longest run would be 15 yards through an open hole, he will never break a long run), pass catching=good(he has nice hands but zero ability after the catch). Sure he's our leading pass catcher but that's cause in the begginning of the year every single Brunell pass was thrown to him, 3 and 1, 3rd and 10, 2nd and 20, 1st and 10 it didn't matter it went to him. Please no one jump on the bandwagon for him because he is terrible. Any team who signs him to a contract above 3 mil a year is making a huge mistake. He's not Chester Taylor or Priest Holmes, he's not that great backup who emerges into a star. If you look at him he has none of the traits you look for in starting running back. It's just so sad to know that some team is going to sign him to a huge contract and think he's their starter and he will really dissapoint. I can guarantee he won't stay in DC because every night when he's in bed with Al Saunders he is constantly told that he is a star, so Ladell will be looking to go somewhere where he can be the undisputed starter. But knowing Saunders love affair with Betts I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move Portis before him, because according to Saunders, "Ladell is the best back on our roster."

Ward
12-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I did:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

critesy
12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
you read that all. :shock:

703SKINS202
12-07-2006, 12:56 AM
damn the cowboys are so tight

McBain
12-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I did:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

I posted this a while back....

McBain
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Ladell Betts, RB WAS

News: According to the Washington Post, RB Ladell Betts is close to agreeing to a contract extension with the Redskins, who are working hard to prevent the veteran from hitting the free agent market. Betts, a second-round pick in 2002, is having a career season filling in for injured tailback Clinton Portis and has an expanded role in Al Saunders's offense. The pace of talks has picked up in recent weeks, however, and some sources have estimated that Betts could earn in the region of $6 million to $7 million guaranteed on a multiyear deal. Gibbs said keeping Betts in Washington is a priority. Betts has an outside shot at producing a 1,000-yard season and has back-to-back 100-yard games.

FloridaFootball
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Ladell Betts re-signed

it is december 8th, 1:03 est right now.

Andyman on Extremeskins.com reported yesterday that its a done deal. bonus around $3.5 million. Just waiting for the official announcment now.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No if we sign Ladell I will be a cowboys fan from then on.

Geo
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Not to completely discount a 5-year, 11-mil extension, 5.5 of which is guaranteed, but I'm puzzled as to why Betts didn't test the FA market at all.

It's not like Washington would have signed anyone else in the meantime, as no one else has the first-hand experience and value with the team that Betts has. Heck, Gibbs went public with his desire to re-sign Betts not too long ago.

Especially when the cap is going to rise by a healthy amount this off-season, which is beneficial to all his suitors - Washington included.

Maybe he was worried about suffering an injury with 4 games left, especially as he's carrying the ball on a Gibbs-type load, or maybe the guy just doesn't want to be a starter, I don't know.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Not to completely discount a 5-year, 11-mil extension, 5.5 of which is guaranteed, but I'm puzzled as to why Betts didn't test the FA market at all.

It's not like Washington would have signed anyone else in the meantime, as no one else has the first-hand experience and value with the team that Betts has. Heck, Gibbs went public with his desire to re-sign Betts not too long ago.

Especially when the cap is going to rise by a healthy amount this off-season, which is beneficial to all his suitors - Washington included.

Maybe he was worried about suffering an injury with 4 games left, especially as he's carrying the ball on a Gibbs-type load, or maybe the guy just doesn't want to be a starter, I don't know.

Betts is smart to do it, he knows no one would show interest and the skins would see that and sign him for less. I hate Ladell Betts!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: My problem with this contract is not the money because it's not that much rather the length. As long as Betts is in DC the coaching staff will favor him even over a healthy Portis.

Canadian_draft_fan
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM

Betts is smart to do it, he knows no one would show interest and the skins would see that and sign him for less. I hate Ladell Betts!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: My problem with this contract is not the money because it's not that much rather the length. As long as Betts is in DC the coaching staff will favor him even over a healthy Portis.

Personally I can't see the Skins favouring Betts over Portis, but Portis is certainly not going to get the # of carries he has had in '04 & '05. that may be a good thing because Portis was getting real beat up and it showed this year - he just couldn't get healthy.
I'm not a huge fan of Betts but at least the signing shows that the Skins are willing to retain their players instead of coveting players on other teams - which I am getting sick of.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Dang we played like piss again today.

Canadian_draft_fan
12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Dang we played like piss again today.

Personally I thought the coaching/play calling was crappy - especially in the red zone. And the penalites!!!! this team needs some serious discipline. It is geting frustrating when we lose winnable games. Oh well, a higher draft pick means more trade down opportunities.

12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
What do you think the best option for your QB situation

703SKINS202
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.

McBain
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM

I actually wasn't to happy about the Betts signing at first but he's flat out dominated in his starts. It's about time we kept our in house talent in place and not let them go a la pierce, smoot, clark

SeanTaylorRIP
12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.

Betts impressed me but it was just depressing watching our oline yesterday and wondering why they haven't done it all year. They made holes big enough for Joe Gibbs to run through. Ladell was going 8 yards untouched every play, I give him some credit for finding the holes but they really were the size of jupiter.

12-11-2006, 05:34 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No if we sign Ladell I will be a cowboys fan from then on. Might as well order the T.O. jersey

bigbluedefense
12-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, tell me what you think of my 3 round mock for you guys.

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-12-2006, 02:26 PM

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.

Hah what a dream love it, only problem is we have no 2nd or 3rd rounder, not even a 4th for that matter. But I do like the idea of Landry because it's obvious now that Archuleta is no longer the starter after Vernon Fox has started over him the past few weeks. My guess is Arch will make to move to OLB.

draftguru151
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
The Dolphins picked up Robery McCune off of your guys practice squad. I know he isn't a great player, but is f'in swole.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.

draftguru151
12-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.

Yea all I want is some nice special teams hits from him. He is so huge.

Number 10
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-14-2006, 08:33 PM

Last week signed a 5 year extension worth 11 million.

Number 10
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM

Wonderful.

McBain
12-15-2006, 01:19 PM

Wonderful.

Yeah, it's great.

Flyboy
12-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Here's to a good game this Sunday, guys. No injuries... but more importantly a Saints' win! :)

SeanTaylorRIP
12-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league.

12-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league. Please do

McBain
12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league.

Why?

21ST
12-17-2006, 07:48 AM

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

We dont need a saftey we need a corner, plus we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick and im not even sure if we have a 4th.

bigbluedefense
12-17-2006, 07:51 AM

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

We dont need a saftey we need a corner, plus we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick and im not even sure if we have a 4th.

From what Ive read, you guys run alot of Cover 2 nowadays. I think a safety would do you more good if thats the case no? And anyway, corners are overrated and I have a hunch youre gonna get either Samuels or Clements in FA. Im honestly not too big on taking corners in the 1st, its just a personal preference of mine.

Damn, it must stink being a draft junky and a Redskins fan. You almost have nothing to look forward to on draft day.

21ST
12-17-2006, 09:49 AM

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

From what Ive read, you guys run alot of Cover 2 nowadays. I think a safety would do you more good if thats the case no? And anyway, corners are overrated and I have a hunch youre gonna get either Samuels or Clements in FA. Im honestly not too big on taking corners in the 1st, its just a personal preference of mine.

Damn, it must stink being a draft junky and a Redskins fan. You almost have nothing to look forward to on draft day.

Well the only reason we run cover 2 is because we cant get a pass rush so the logical thing would be drafting a DE but since we dont do logical we are probly gonna draft secondary. I would be happy if we got samuels or clements and if we did sign a corner i would want us to trade down get a 2nd rounder and then draft Victor Abiamiri in the 1st and buster davis or blades in the 2nd

bigbluedefense
12-17-2006, 10:06 AM

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

Well the only reason we run cover 2 is because we cant get a pass rush so the logical thing would be drafting a DE but since we dont do logical we are probly gonna draft secondary. I would be happy if we got samuels or clements and if we did sign a corner i would want us to trade down get a 2nd rounder and then draft Victor Abiamiri in the 1st and buster davis or blades in the 2nd

Sounds like a good idea. I think Woodley might be available in the 2nd, Im not sure who Id rather want, Abriamiri or Woodley. I think you need a safety to compliment Taylor though.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Here's my dream offseason:
-Move Adam Archuleta to backup OLB he sucks anyways.
-Trade down to around 25-30 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th.(Assuming we have a top 5 pick)
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Draft David Harris round 2
-Draft Tim Crowder round 3.
-Trade Ladell Betts for a 7th rounder and a bag of cookies.
-Fire Al Saunders

12-17-2006, 10:34 AM
-Trade down to around 25-30 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th.(Assuming we have a top 5 pick)
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Fire Al Saunders
That offseason will hurt the redskins.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Yay go Skins!!! :lol:

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 12:46 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts gs. :lol:

critesy
12-17-2006, 03:44 PM
w00t w00t, like the win because we have the worst drafts ever and i dont really care who we pick!

SeanTaylorRIP
12-17-2006, 06:57 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts gs. :lol:

I will, :lol: :lol: :lol: . We're gonna party like it's 2999.

McBain
12-18-2006, 01:43 AM
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Fire Al Saunders

Worst offseason ever...

Firing Saunders after 1 season is so stupid for so many different reasons... so i'll just pick on one. JC doesn't need to learn yet another offensive system.

Ladell Betts has been money... 4 games over the century mark and closing in on 1000 yards and you want to trade him? I'm glad we locked him up we now a one of the better Rb tandems.

We aren't going to have a top 5 pick because this team is better than that and is finally starting to figure it out.

If we get a db in FA, it's going to be clements due to the GW connection. I dont mind samuels... and honestly would prefer him since he'd probably be cheaper.

Most of the other stuff is based on trading down which i doubt we do... since that's not how this organization rolls.

I'd like to see us take Alan Branch but i don't know if he'll fall to us.

McBain
12-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh moving Arch isn't going to solve much. He's not as bad as everyone is making him out to be, he's just a scapegoat due to his large salary. Really though, it's not completely arch's fault, id say it's more a failure of coaching. To paraphrase denny green, we knew who he was when we brought him in here. Seriously, who didn't know arch was bad in coverage... he was brought to blitz, and we barely blitzed him at all. Arch should have gone to the bears where he would have been used properly, but who can resist that much cash? It's definetly the more the redskins bad there than his.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Yay Chris Samuels is our only pro bowler!!!! Dockery deserved to go and Sean Taylor should be the #1 alternate.

AlexDown
12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
If the Redskins were to trade Portis, what kind of draft pick would we be looking at?

critesy
12-19-2006, 11:51 PM
2 1st's...minimum. Atleast.

21ST
12-20-2006, 09:07 AM
If the Redskins were to trade Portis, what kind of draft pick would we be looking at?

probly a 2nd and we couldnt even trade him right now because he wouldnt be able to pass a physical

AlexDown
12-20-2006, 10:07 AM

probly a 2nd and we couldnt even trade him right now because he wouldnt be able to pass a physical

I was going to say a second also. What are the chances he will be traded in the offseason? Is that likely because I have just been hearing random talks, nothing serious about it.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-20-2006, 01:47 PM

I was going to say a second also. What are the chances he will be traded in the offseason? Is that likely because I have just been hearing random talks, nothing serious about it.

No way in the world. Maybe we could trade Ladell for a pile of Spit. I will only trade Clinton Portis for Chris McCalister and Adalius Thomas.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I wanna draft PWillie.

critesy
12-23-2006, 12:50 AM
I wanna draft PWillie.

he is pretty lovely :)

FloridaFootball
12-23-2006, 01:03 AM
My scoop on the skins.

- Stop this trading Portis bull crap. Remember when Portis was healthy, and Betts would come in for a play and look like crap? Well now Betts looks good, why you ask? Watch for ONE second our offensive lines play. You can drive a truck through these holes Samuels and Dockery are opening on the left side. Imagine if we get into this rythm at the start of 2007 and have Portis instead of Betts running it, scary thought. If I were to consider trading a running back it would be Ladell for a low 2nd round pick if I got lucky.

- Jason Campbell is playing great, will continue to learn Al's offense and will build better timing with the recievers and grasp a better mental aspect of the offense this offseason.

- The D-R-A-F-T. Many Redskin front office scouts will ask "Whats a draft?" well its a procedure in which we add young depth and help to our team through choosing players on the collegite level to enter the National Football League. I have a couple ideas of where we will draft, but this is very premature considering I will have to wait and see what we do as far as free agency goes and aquiring needs. As of now,

*Defensive End - Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Whynn are both over 30 and we lack a true pass rusher. Although, Andre Carter has been improving a lot in the past couple of weeks.

*Cornerback - Shawn Springs will most likely not be here in D.C another year if we can't restructure his contract. It is reported that he has already told a couple teammates goodbye because he probable won't be here next year. *cough* draft Leon Hall *cough*

*Middle linebacker - This is a need that isn't that big of a deal. Lemar Marshall just turned 30 but is still playing well and knows the defense well and audiables it for us like the QB of the defense. Although, in the later rounds we might pick a MLB.

You ask, why not a defensive tackle?! I say, Kedric Golston was a steal in the 2006 draft. The kid is playing excellect, plenty of pass deflections, he pressure the QB and stuffs the run.

Play the Rams this sunday, I think we got a good shot at this one, c'mon Gibbs give them hell.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-23-2006, 08:01 AM
My scoop on the skins.

- Stop this trading Portis bull crap. Remember when Portis was healthy, and Betts would come in for a play and look like crap? Well now Betts looks good, why you ask? Watch for ONE second our offensive lines play. You can drive a truck through these holes Samuels and Dockery are opening on the left side. Imagine if we get into this rythm at the start of 2007 and have Portis instead of Betts running it, scary thought. If I were to consider trading a running back it would be Ladell for a low 2nd round pick if I got lucky.

- Jason Campbell is playing great, will continue to learn Al's offense and will build better timing with the recievers and grasp a better mental aspect of the offense this offseason.

- The D-R-A-F-T. Many Redskin front office scouts will ask "Whats a draft?" well its a procedure in which we add young depth and help to our team through choosing players on the collegite level to enter the National Football League. I have a couple ideas of where we will draft, but this is very premature considering I will have to wait and see what we do as far as free agency goes and aquiring needs. As of now,

*Defensive End - Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Whynn are both over 30 and we lack a true pass rusher. Although, Andre Carter has been improving a lot in the past couple of weeks.

*Cornerback - Shawn Springs will most likely not be here in D.C another year if we can't restructure his contract. It is reported that he has already told a couple teammates goodbye because he probable won't be here next year. *cough* draft Leon Hall *cough*

*Middle linebacker - This is a need that isn't that big of a deal. Lemar Marshall just turned 30 but is still playing well and knows the defense well and audiables it for us like the QB of the defense. Although, in the later rounds we might pick a MLB.

You ask, why not a defensive tackle?! I say, Kedric Golston was a steal in the 2006 draft. The kid is playing excellect, plenty of pass deflections, he pressure the QB and stuffs the run.

Play the Rams this sunday, I think we got a good shot at this one, c'mon Gibbs give them hell.

Thank you finally someone who agrees that Betts isn't worth anymore than a 7th rounder and a bag of chips. I mean the line has been so great as of late that Betts is going atleast 5 yards everyplay without being touched. With Portis's speed it would be 10 yards before he would get touched. Also we need to trade down to around #15-20 where we can get a shot of PWillie, Revis, Moses, or Griffin while picking up an extra draft pick, but knowing us we won't do that and might reach on some guy who I don't like that much like Moses if Leon and Gaines are gone.

21ST
12-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I say we trade down in the draft pick up a 2nd and draft Moses and Buster Davis

SeanTaylorRIP
12-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I say we trade down in the draft pick up a 2nd and draft Moses and Buster Davis

We don't draft DE's 1st round!!! :D

SeanTaylorRIP
12-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh well. :?

But if we beat the Giants next week and eliminate them from the playoffs this year will feel great.

ny10804
12-24-2006, 05:54 PM

But if we beat the Giants next week and eliminate them from the playoffs this year will feel great.

You guys NEED to beat the Giants next week. Every Pack fan on the planet will be rooting for you.

You think you can win?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-24-2006, 06:00 PM

You guys NEED to beat the Giants next week. Every Pack fan on the planet will be rooting for you.

You think you can win?

Helping the Pack doesn't motivate me much :D , but eliminating the Giants would be a dream come true. But yeah I think we can beat them we have a lot of guys playing to stay here next year so we will be ready, plus last game Brandon Jacobs talked crap about Gibbs saying he's a dirty coach so we will knock him out.

21ST
12-25-2006, 02:18 PM
How would you guys like this offseason plan

1st and foremost make ladell betts offical water boy now the the other stuff

CUTS

Warrick Holdman

Shawn Springs

Todd Collins

David Patten

RESIGN

Derrick Dockery

REDO CONTRACT

Clinton Portis

FREE AGENCY

Asante Samule CB

Dris Dielman OG

London Fletcher MLB

DRAFT

Trade down with the with the new york jets and get their 24th overall pick and their 48th overall pick for our 6th overall pick. Then we switch picks with the broncos and get there 25th overall because of the Duckett trade and that means we get to keep our 3rd round pick :D

1st round 25th pick- Victor Abimiri DE Notre Dame

We have all been wating for this and it finally comes, we get our pass rushing DE and he can also play the run. He is a great pass rusher with a ton of experience and knows how to make big plays.

2nd round 48th pick- Buster Davis MLB FSU

Would be our future at MLB, he would learn under Fletcher for a year and be ready. An absolute monster, yeah he is a reliable tackler and is good at blitzing and good in coverage but best of all he is very very football smart and is an excellent leader and playmaker. He is a best on special teams which is where he will spend his first year.

3rd round 70th pick- Kareem Brown DT Miami

We fill our hurricane quota... but really he is a monster and a huge plug in the inside at 6'5 315 he has real special potential and will do well in the begining with our DT rotation and should be a force along with Golston for many years to come.

4th round 102 pick- Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas

We not only need alittle depth along the O-line, but we gotta start lookin at the future, Samules has that chronic knee problem and Jansen is becoming very injury prone so this is a great pick and great value. Ugoh is a very underrated prospect and fits the mold of our team very well. Could also be moved inside if needed

5th round 134th pick- Willis Barringer S Michigain

A guy that could come in and be ryan clark like. Besides sean taylor we dont have another starter at saftey and he has alot of potential and in a year or 2 could taker over and start at SS.

6th round 166th pick- Justin Rascati QB James Madison

The future back up for Jason Campbell and should be pretty good at it. Good size and he also is pretty quick and light on his feet.

7th round pick- Darnell Jenkins WR Miami

why not

SeanTaylorRIP
12-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Love it although not sure if we have a 4th or even 5th rounder.

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't think Buster will be available that late.

Same with Kareem Brown

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Also, did you guys see how pooly Sean Taylor played yesterday? Wow

Two missed coverages that led to tds (bruce and byrd)

Multiple missed tackles, especially two on steven jackson that led to tds, one being the game winner

im a big fan of his but he really hasnt played well in some games

SeanTaylorRIP
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM

Multiple missed tackles, especially two on steven jackson that led to tds, one being the game winner

It's only cause the dumb media is so against him and point out every single thing he does wrong every single play. While Roy Williams gets burned for a TD yesterday and Troy P got burned on a 50 yard TD by Mark Clayton, and then again on a 33 yard TD to Demetrius Williams both in 1 on 1 coverage and no one says anything about him especially being a non deserving pro bowler.

21ST
12-26-2006, 09:29 AM

The only thing i know for sure is we have a 4th

Canadian_draft_fan
12-26-2006, 10:32 AM

Sorry we don't have 4th rounder (Brandon LLoyd trade). We do have a 5th.

We currently have:
1st
3rd (could lose in Duckett trade)
5th
6th
7th

Ugh! The FO has got to value the draft more.

yodabear
12-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Can u please beat the Giants for us?

Thank u,
Rams fans

King Rhabuf
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM

It's only cause the dumb media is so against him and point out every single thing he does wrong every single play. While Roy Williams gets burned for a TD yesterday and Troy P got burned on a 50 yard TD by Mark Clayton, and then again on a 33 yard TD to Demetrius Williams both in 1 on 1 coverage and no one says anything about him especially being a non deserving pro bowler.

its not really dumb, he played an awful game

21ST
12-26-2006, 02:26 PM

Sorry we don't have 4th rounder (Brandon LLoyd trade). We do have a 5th.

We currently have:
1st
3rd (could lose in Duckett trade)
5th
6th
7th

Ugh! The FO has got to value the draft more.

damn they just threw a monkey wrench in my whole plan

Ravens1991
12-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Why is Lavar Arrington still on eastern motor commercials? It annoys me.

toonsterwu
12-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, keeping the first is probably the best news the Skins could have. The reports seem to indicate the 3rd is gone, along with a 4th in 2007.

For a team coming off a bad year, the future isn't that bad.

Who do I blame for this year? Al Saunders (and Gregg Williams). Granted, it's not all his fault, but I do somewhat blame him. His lack of faith in Ladell Betts after Portis was nicked up led to a lack of committment to the run game. Summarily, everything got out of whack, and the offensive line was somewhat exposed akin to the Spurrier days (although not as bad) on account of scheme. Let me be clear, though. Individual players failed to come through, and that's a key part as well.

But for 2007, Jason now has experience. I think Jason has looked fine, considering where he was coming from. A full offseason as the number 1 should help ... but more importantly, a healthy Portis/Betts tagteam should help. I still don't know why Betts resigned, but that's his decision. I see no reason why this offense should not have at least 2000 rushing yards next year, however it gets split. That should help keep Portis fresher as well. Offensively, the line should be kept around, even if it means juggling some contracts. I guess Dockery leaving wouldn't be a big deal, so one switch would be okay. But stability is needed, I think.

Cooley, Moss are fine receiving options, and I think Randle El is solid and could be better utilized. What you see with Lloyd is what you'll get, a decent receiver who shows flashes ... of good and bad. I'd like to see them perhaps spend a day 2 pick on a bigger WR. I know, it doesn't necessarily fit with the scheme, but with a young QB, I think a bigger target is helpful at times. That being said, it could come through FA as well.

Overall offensively, in terms of draft needs, I'd really only say 1 big receiver is what I'd like.

Defensively, decisions have to be made. I think Springs/Archuleta could be out, although Springs may come back on a lesser deal. I think the plan is Clements, and with Jerry Gray/Gregg Williams, I think there's a good chance of landing him. Not sure how it works financially, as I haven't kept up, but I think it could. If the Bears cut Mike Brown, which is a possibility (I could see Mike Brown and Adam Archuleta switching teams), he might be a safety option to try back there, as Blache liked him. That's a bigger if and an unknown right now.

But, let's start at the one known. Barring a surprise, the top 3 LB's are one the roster, with Washington/Marshall and likely McIntosh. None of them are top level players, although McIntosh has some potential for that. THey are good guys with versatility. The focus this offseason has to be on the DL and DB. As noted, I'm guessing DB's will come through FA. Rumph should stick around, as he was okay this year.

Thus, I'm guessing the first will be DL. Ideally, there would be two top picks, allowing for a DE/DT both to be addressed. But, with only 1 pick, the move should be DT with an early pick ... perhaps ALan Branch ... if they are in position. I'd go DT for a couple reasons:

1. Andre Carter hasn't been bad. He just hasn't been good. Solid. Phillip Daniels is solid on the other side, and I think Renaldo Wynn may come back.

2. Lemar Marshall is a good, but undersized, mike. I like Golston, and I think if developed, Montgomery could be real interesting. But neither is ready to be an impact player, and Salavea (sp?) seems ready to be phased out. Griffin needs some help, and having a wave at DT is never a bad thing.

3. A dominant interior could help the ends out.

Thus, I'd go

1st - DT. At 7 right now, they could very well be in Alan Branch territory. The problem is what happens if Branch is gone. I'm not sure any other DT is up there right now. I think Glenn Dorsey could get there, though. If no other DT is of value and Branch is gone (and they don't trade down), I would go Gaines Adams and save money and let Renaldo Wynn go if need be. Although, if they don't land Clements or another CB through FA, Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis could be worth consideration ... although I don't like either one as a top 10 pick as of now.

5th - I think the options are DL or WR. Obviously, it'll depend on health, but someone like UVA's Deyon Williams, who has some quick-twitch in him, or Fresno State's Paul Williams could be here and worth the pick. If DT fails to get addressed early on, someone like Paul Soliai to stuff the run might be an option, if he's there. An end is a thought, and one of my favorites, Mkristo Bruce, may slide down here (although I'm still thinking day 1 for Bruce).

6th/7th - Really, go BPA, but whatever isn't addressed earlier in terms of the DL could be thoughts, along with OL. Drafting the line is always good.

Despite all this, the talent need isn't that much. What's needed is better scheming. A focus on the run game by Saunders should ease the burdens on Gregg Williams D, allowing him to do what he does best, which is freelance and attack more, instead of being a bit more conservative. Gregg also needs to limit the DB responsibilities in reads and let Sean play on instinct. A leader like Mike Brown would be a huge asset if the Bears let him go.

FloridaFootball
12-28-2006, 11:03 AM
When Shawn Springs left the game, that made Sean Taylor have to be everywhere. No excuses he had a really bad game of missed tackles.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, keeping the first is probably the best news the Skins could have. The reports seem to indicate the 3rd is gone, along with a 4th in 2007.

Who do I blame for this year? Al Saunders (and Gregg Williams). Granted, it's not all his fault, but I do somewhat blame him. His lack of faith in Ladell Betts after Portis was nicked up led to a lack of committment to the run game. Summarily, everything got out of whack, and the offensive line was somewhat exposed akin to the Spurrier days (although not as bad) on account of scheme. Let me be clear, though. Individual players failed to come through, and that's a key part as well.

But for 2007, Jason now has experience. I think Jason has looked fine, considering where he was coming from. A full offseason as the number 1 should help ... but more importantly, a healthy Portis/Betts tagteam should help. I still don't know why Betts resigned, but that's his decision. I see no reason why this offense should not have at least 2000 rushing yards next year, however it gets split. That should help keep Portis fresher as well. Offensively, the line should be kept around, even if it means juggling some contracts. I guess Dockery leaving wouldn't be a big deal, so one switch would be okay. But stability is needed, I think.

Cooley, Moss are fine receiving options, and I think Randle El is solid and could be better utilized. What you see with Lloyd is what you'll get, a decent receiver who shows flashes ... of good and bad. I'd like to see them perhaps spend a day 2 pick on a bigger WR. I know, it doesn't necessarily fit with the scheme, but with a young QB, I think a bigger target is helpful at times. That being said, it could come through FA as well.

Overall offensively, in terms of draft needs, I'd really only say 1 big receiver is what I'd like.

Defensively, decisions have to be made. I think Springs/Archuleta could be out, although Springs may come back on a lesser deal. I think the plan is Clements, and with Jerry Gray/Gregg Williams, I think there's a good chance of landing him. Not sure how it works financially, as I haven't kept up, but I think it could. If the Bears cut Mike Brown, which is a possibility (I could see Mike Brown and Adam Archuleta switching teams), he might be a safety option to try back there, as Blache liked him. That's a bigger if and an unknown right now.

But, let's start at the one known. Barring a surprise, the top 3 LB's are one the roster, with Washington/Marshall and likely McIntosh. None of them are top level players, although McIntosh has some potential for that. THey are good guys with versatility. The focus this offseason has to be on the DL and DB. As noted, I'm guessing DB's will come through FA. Rumph should stick around, as he was okay this year.

Thus, I'm guessing the first will be DL. Ideally, there would be two top picks, allowing for a DE/DT both to be addressed. But, with only 1 pick, the move should be DT with an early pick ... perhaps ALan Branch ... if they are in position. I'd go DT for a couple reasons:

1. Andre Carter hasn't been bad. He just hasn't been good. Solid. Phillip Daniels is solid on the other side, and I think Renaldo Wynn may come back.

2. Lemar Marshall is a good, but undersized, mike. I like Golston, and I think if developed, Montgomery could be real interesting. But neither is ready to be an impact player, and Salavea (sp?) seems ready to be phased out. Griffin needs some help, and having a wave at DT is never a bad thing.

Thus, I'd go

1st - DT. At 7 right now, they could very well be in Alan Branch territory. The problem is what happens if Branch is gone. I'm not sure any other DT is up there right now. I think Glenn Dorsey could get there, though. If no other DT is of value and Branch is gone (and they don't trade down), I would go Gaines Adams and save money and let Renaldo Wynn go if need be. Although, if they don't land Clements or another CB through FA, Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis could be worth consideration ... although I don't like either one as a top 10 pick as of now.

5th - I think the options are DL or WR. Obviously, it'll depend on health, but someone like UVA's Deyon Williams, who has some quick-twitch in him, or Fresno State's Paul Williams could be here and worth the pick. If DT fails to get addressed early on, someone like Paul Soliai to stuff the run might be an option, if he's there. An end is a thought, and one of my favorites, Mkristo Bruce, may slide down here (although I'm still thinking day 1 for Bruce).

6th/7th - Really, go BPA, but whatever isn't addressed earlier in terms of the DL could be thoughts, along with OL. Drafting the line is always good.

Despite all this, the talent need isn't that much. What's needed is better scheming. A focus on the run game by Saunders should ease the burdens on Gregg Williams D, allowing him to do what he does best, which is freelance and attack more, instead of being a bit more conservative. Gregg also needs to limit the DB responsibilities in reads and let Sean play on instinct. A leader like Mike Brown would be a huge asset if the Bears let him go.

The greatest what an inciteful post, here are my thoughts of it:
*I actually think Dock would be a huge blow if he left. I think he has played on a pro bowl level this year and we all knew he could run block but his pass blocking has been very good, only problem with him is false starts but you gotta take the good with the bad. If there was anyone who needed to be adressed in the Oline it would be Jansen, he has seemed to have lost a step and with injuries and inconsitent play I just don't trust him anymore. If Joe Thomas were to somehow drop to us I wouldn't be entirely opposed to drafting him although with all of our holes it would be hard. I really hope Dock stays because if he doesn't we might just throw that 49 million contract that Eric Steinbach is looking for at him.

*With the reciever thing I would love to use a late round flyer possibly 6th rounder on a guy like Matt Trannon. A big physical reciever with lots of potential. He is also very versatile so he can with gained weight play a backup TE role to Cooley or perhaps a 2 tight end set. Or what would be ideal is for Gibbs to take power away from Saunders and structure our offense more around what we did 2 years ago and Trannon would be the perfect Gibbs style H-Back. But we are going to stay with what we have and I think Mike Sellers his highly underrated and is a great fullback who will give you more than just blocking which he is great at. Of course being a UVA guy I would love Deyon Williams as I think he's very underrated and if scouts can look past his injuries and inconsistent QB play he really is a great prospect.

*I agree that in the first round we should look at DT but I think only if Alan Branch drops to us, other than that I really think Golston has star potential beside the already monster in Cornelius. Obviously if we don't land a big name FA corner we would have to look at Leon Hall and Revis but no other guys like McCauley and Cason are far to hit or miss prospects and we can't afford to draft a possible bust. My next idea first off is that Vernon Fox deserves a long time contract whether as a starter or backup he is a gamer and is also a monster on special teams. I could see Fox possibly being our starter next year. But 1 idea I did have is trading down to pick up picks and draft LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson and move Sean Taylor to SS where he can be a free lancer or draft a guy I really like in Michael Griffin and leave ST21 at FS. Either way Adam Archuleta has no right moving back into the starting lineup, heck he'd be better off gaining weight and playing as a situational OLB pass rusher.

toonsterwu
12-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I agree keeping Dockery would be for the better, but guards are replaceable, no matter how good they are, IMO, unless they are absolutely elite, a la Larry Allen in his prime. There has been talk of Jansen moving, but my main concern with that would be this ... if defense is the focus with their top pick, it leaves FA as the main impetus to land a tackle. Granted, it would be a RT, and that's easier to get, but it's still not that easy. There's a couple interesting names, such as Leonard Davis, but the pickings, overall, at least, last I checked, seemed slim. Now, granted, Jansen will need to restructure to stick around, but I think he might be a better option than what's out there.

On a whole side note, I really think someone like Jason Snelling would be interesting for the Skins ... if he was there in the 6th/7th. A big physical fullback that can line up as a big running back at times and has some versatility. Sellers is nice, but a bit one dimensional at times.

To be honest, I don't see this star potential in Kedric that you seem to see. I think he could be a solid wave option, a passable starter if used in tandem with someone else. I don't see a dominant DT. I didn't see it last year, and I don't see it so far.

Dealing down would be intriguing. I agree a move to SS may actually be better for Sean, allowing him to play closer and have less responsibilities. That said, his all around skills are also better utilized at FA, so it is a mild conundrum.

I think Archuleta is as good as gone, especially if they think he was the guy that leaked to Tom Friend for that ESPN article. I will be stunned if he is in burgundy and gold.

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
How you fellas feeling about the Giants game? We need you to put the stamp on ole Eli.

jackalope
12-29-2006, 03:31 PM
do you guys think you might draft a running back in round 1?

good luck against the Giants :D

SeanTaylorRIP
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
do you guys think you might draft a running back in round 1?
good luck against the Giants :D

Huh, and yeah we are crushing the Gmen.

Canadian_draft_fan
12-30-2006, 11:47 AM

Thus, I'd go

The greatest what an inciteful post, here are my thoughts of it:
*I actually think Dock would be a huge blow if he left. I think he has played on a pro bowl level this year and we all knew he could run block but his pass blocking has been very good, only problem with him is false starts but you gotta take the good with the bad. If there was anyone who needed to be adressed in the Oline it would be Jansen, he has seemed to have lost a step and with injuries and inconsitent play I just don't trust him anymore. If Joe Thomas were to somehow drop to us I wouldn't be entirely opposed to drafting him although with all of our holes it would be hard. I really hope Dock stays because if he doesn't we might just throw that 49 million contract that Eric Steinbach is looking for at him.

*With the reciever thing I would love to use a late round flyer possibly 6th rounder on a guy like Matt Trannon. A big physical reciever with lots of potential. He is also very versatile so he can with gained weight play a backup TE role to Cooley or perhaps a 2 tight end set. Or what would be ideal is for Gibbs to take power away from Saunders and structure our offense more around what we did 2 years ago and Trannon would be the perfect Gibbs style H-Back. But we are going to stay with what we have and I think Mike Sellers his highly underrated and is a great fullback who will give you more than just blocking which he is great at. Of course being a UVA guy I would love Deyon Williams as I think he's very underrated and if scouts can look past his injuries and inconsistent QB play he really is a great prospect.

*I agree that in the first round we should look at DT but I think only if Alan Branch drops to us, other than that I really think Golston has star potential beside the already monster in Cornelius. Obviously if we don't land a big name FA corner we would have to look at Leon Hall and Revis but no other guys like McCauley and Cason are far to hit or miss prospects and we can't afford to draft a possible bust. My next idea first off is that Vernon Fox deserves a long time contract whether as a starter or backup he is a gamer and is also a monster on special teams. I could see Fox possibly being our starter next year. But 1 idea I did have is trading down to pick up picks and draft LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson and move Sean Taylor to SS where he can be a free lancer or draft a guy I really like in Michael Griffin and leave ST21 at FS. Either way Adam Archuleta has no right moving back into the starting lineup, heck he'd be better off gaining weight and playing as a situational OLB pass rusher.

Some interesting points gentlemen. I'll give my .02.
Current Roster:
1. I hope we can re-sign Dock for a reasonable #. He has publicly stated he wants to stay. Maintain O-line continuity.
2. Lloyd hasn't lived up to expectations. If the Skins can dump him without too much of a cap hit I'd be OK with it.
3. D-Line: Carter is coming on but he needs help - a pass rushing end would be a real benefit.
4. LBs: Holdman has got to go. I thonk the Marshall at MLB experiment is a failure. He rarely fils holes and seems later on every tackle and he has regressed in his pass defense which was strenght last year. We need Rocky to start and a new MLB.
5. CB: I like Springs but he has to come back at a cheaper salary - he gets hurt too often. We clearly need some youth to develop behind him.
6. Safety: Fox ahs done fairly well at SS and I beleive he should be re-signed even just for his special teams ability. Arhuleta only stays on the roster if he moves into some LB/safety hybrid where he can blitz and support the run (and remain hugely overpaid)

What to do?
FA: something novel - lets not get any big name FAs. A lot of skins fans think Clements will be in DC next year. But with the Skins tight against the cap and other teams have lots of cap room they can afford much more guaranteed money to him (like GB). I'm sick and tired of FA busts, lets take a year off of big name FAs
Draft: trade down and pick up a couple of day 1 picks. My priorities would be;
1. MLB - see above regarding Marshall
2. DE - help Carter in pass rush
3. CB - someone to groom to take over for Springs.
4. Oline depth
5. A big WR

CalBears99
12-30-2006, 01:55 PM
damn skins im so sad we did so badly this year.

is it just me or does anyone else here think gibbs is a really bad drafter? i mean, he trades away all our picks and with the few that we have, he takes bad players and doesn't address our biggest needs (CB!!)

GSOT
12-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Just thought i would drop in and say....please win this one for us...lol, and BTW how do you guys feel about this game, and more importantly how do the players and coaches feel....do you win just for the sake of winning or loose for draft position?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Well here comes the offseason.

21ST
12-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Well here comes the offseason.

we always do well here lol :D

Number 10
12-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Sean Taylor is awful. What is happening to him?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-31-2006, 09:20 AM

He missed 2 tackles the entire game and didn't give up a single pass his worst play was when 84 drew a PI call by acting like a girl. People just pay way too much attention to how bad Sean Taylor is, I mean no one pointed out when Troy P the supposed top 3 safety got burned on 1 on 1 coverage twice for 50+ yard TD's last week against the Ravens as well as getting trucked multiple times by Jamal Lewis yet when there is a discussion about the best safety in the league no one will remember that but they will all remember Sean Taylor's missed tackle or bad coverage.

Number 10
12-31-2006, 09:25 AM

He missed 2 tackles the entire game and didn't give up a single pass his worst play was when 84 drew a PI call by acting like a girl. People just pay way too much attention to how bad Sean Taylor is, I mean no one pointed out when Troy P the supposed top 3 safety got burned on 1 on 1 coverage twice for 50+ yard TD's last week against the Ravens as well as getting trucked multiple times by Jamal Lewis yet when there is a discussion about the best safety in the league no one will remember that but they will all remember Sean Taylor's missed tackle or bad coverage.

Polamalu is nowhere near the best safety in the league.

But I thought Taylor was supposed to be a top notch safety but man, he regressed all year.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Jason Campbell looks legit I still think however we need to draft in the 6th or 7th a young QB we can groom into a solid backup cause Collins isn't it.

CalBears99
12-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Jason Campbell looks legit I still think however we need to draft in the 6th or 7th a young QB we can groom into a solid backup cause Collins isn't it.
this is true

5-11 damn...
At least we have a high draft pick Gibbs better not give it away.
So are needs are...?

CB, DL, LB, OL? and QB in the late rounds
^Agree?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-31-2006, 10:32 PM
We are guaranteed Gaines Adams or Leon Hall,or Branch, heck if Calvin somehow dropped to us I would take him and we could even consider Joe Thomas.

21ST
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
this is true

5-11 damn...
So are needs are...?

^Agree?

We need to trade down into the 20s and pick up a 2nd and 4th

SeanTaylorRIP
01-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Skins and draft picks don't go together. Maybe we will trade the #6 pick for Jeff Garcia.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-01-2007, 04:19 PM

We better get more than a 4th if trade down to the twenties. Based on the draft value chart we should get a 2nd, 3rd 4th and more to go from #6 to #20.
#6 1,600 #20 850
#52 380
#84 170
#116 62
Total 1,462

01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Come draft day who would you guys rather have Leon Hall or Alan Branch ?

21ST
01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Come draft day who would you guys rather have Leon Hall or Alan Branch ?

Branch

critesy
01-02-2007, 01:14 AM
The Redskins will host the following opponents at FedExField: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals.

On the road, the Redskins will play the following opponents: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

schedule next year

FloridaFootball
01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Looks like I get to go to Raymond James Stadium for the 3rd straight year.

CalBears99
01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
My wishlist for us. What do you guys think?
1. Leon Hall CB Michigan
4. Brandon Mebane DT California
5. KaMichael Hall OLB Georgia Tech
6. Mkristo Bruce DE Washington State
7. Corey Hilliard OT/OG Oklahoma State

portis_clinton
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
1. Leon Hall CB Michigan

I don't think we will deal with the headaches of a new CB, especially one who is a bit overrated.

I think we need only 2 players,

MLB Patrick Willis

DT Amobi Okoye

CalBears99
01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
are you saying we don't need a CB??

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
lol what a joke but we need to trade down between picks 15-30. I was thinking about trading pick #6 possibly to the Ravens for pick #30 and Adalius Thomas, or for pick #30, Samari Rolle, and a 3rd rounder.

CalBears99
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
lol what a joke but we need to trade down between picks 15-30. I was thinking about trading pick #6 possibly to the Ravens for pick #30 and Adalius Thomas, or for pick #30, Samari Rolle, and a 3rd rounder.
the trade for rolle could be nice. do you think the ravens would like that?

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
the trade for rolle could be nice. do you think the ravens would like that?

Well I know they love the young CB talent they have and they will probably in the 2nd round draft another young corner and with the 6th pick it puts them in perfect position for their biggest needs possibly AP, Joe Thomas, or somehow if Quinn drops or Russell rises.

critesy
01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah, i dont believe there is a corner this year to waste a top pick on..maybe in the later rounds though to develop possibly.

01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
i would luv that situation if A.D does not sign a new deal.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2007, 08:58 PM
i would luv that situation if A.D does not sign a new deal.

Yeah but risk for skins is that AD would be on a franchise 1 year deal and even if he does stay he would need a huge contract so I'm not liking that too much.

FloridaFootball
01-04-2007, 07:34 AM
I don't think the Redskins will go corner. There is no corner that is "can't miss" material. Leon Hall is the best available which will put him high first round, but there is no Champ Bailey prospects this year. Hopefully we get Patrick Willis or Alan Branch. Lemar Marshall is 31 and Pat Willis could bring some youth to the positon and make the middle of our defense more aggresive in stopping the run.

FloridaFootball
01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=190737&hubname=cfl

we signed this DE, he better start eating something because he is the size of Sean Taylor.

I say he is cut.

DiG
01-04-2007, 08:02 AM
1. Leon Hall CB Michigan

I don't think we will deal with the headaches of a new CB, especially one who is a bit overrated.

I think we need only 2 players,

MLB Patrick Willis

DT Amobi Okoye

i like branch more than okoye slightly but willis should be our main target. if we could move down to the 10-14 range and get willis and a 2nd round pick id be the happiest man alive.

critesy
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
we could have atleast a draft that makes sense i would be so happy :D

McBain
01-04-2007, 01:59 PM
this is true

5-11 damn...
So are needs are...?

^Agree?

right, do you remember the last time we traded down? The answer is when the saints and ditka got liquored up and traded us there entire draft for ricky williams and then even after that we traded back up and picked champ bailey... so really it all seems well and good to trade down but first you need two things to do it: one, a trading partner two and perhaps the hardest thing not to be the redskins because we don't trade down. Granted sometimes i wish we would but it's just not how we do things.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
We all know we aren't gonna do the smart thing and trade down Front office will get in love with some big name and do something stupid like take Dwayne Jarrett or Quentin Moses. My feeling is we wait and if we get Gaines at #6 we celebrate through the streets of Washington but if he falls we trade down to around 18 pick up a 2nd rounder and another late round pick and look for Leon Hall, Pat Willis, Revis, Moses, Landry, Nelson, Griffin to drop to us.

McBain
01-05-2007, 03:57 AM
We all know we aren't gonna do the smart thing and trade down Front office will get in love with some big name and do something stupid like take Dwayne Jarrett or Quentin Moses. My feeling is we wait and if we get Gaines at #6 we celebrate through the streets of Washington but if he falls we trade down to around 18 pick up a 2nd rounder and another late round pick and look for Leon Hall, Pat Willis, Revis, Moses, Landry, Nelson, Griffin to drop to us.

It's all about alan branch, gaines adams can't stop the run to save his life... he's a poor man's freeney. Alan Branch is a beast of a man.. 6'6 335 him with griffin is a sick interior. We sign London Fletcher and Clements or Samuels call it an offseason. Woot.

DiG
01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
i agree gaines cant stop the run at all and thats our biggest problem

Dillen
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
1. Leon Hall CB Michigan
If that's your Redskins mock Hall and Bruce won't be around at all. Agreed with Mebane, he'd be a good fit for the Redskins and he's widely overrated on these boards.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Our #1 pick needs to be Pat Willis that is why we sucked against the run it was Marshall playing out of position at MLB and not doing anything.

McBain
01-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Our #1 pick needs to be Pat Willis that is why we sucked against the run it was Marshall playing out of position at MLB and not doing anything.

Not going to happen at six that's a fact and you can bet we're not going to trade down. So the solution is to get dl help by drafting the most talented interior lineman in the draft IMO. London Fletcher won't be in Buffalo, he just had a career season, not only that but he already know Gregg's d... run stop problem solved we add clements to the mix and we can move springs to safety giving us a good cover safety to pair with sean taylor effectivly solving our defensive woes.

21ST
01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
People do realize that Fletcher is not a good run stopping MLB right

McBain
01-06-2007, 08:37 PM
People do realize that Fletcher is not a good run stopping MLB right

He's better than Marshall and he had 146 total tackles this year

McBain
01-06-2007, 10:22 PM
The only thing that pleases me more than wathcing the redskins win is watching dallass crumble and there golden boy qb lose them the game.

CalBears99
01-07-2007, 01:27 PM
The only thing that pleases me more than wathcing the redskins win is watching dallass crumble and there golden boy qb lose them the game.
hahaha

Jimmy
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
question: what is next for the redskins? do they really want to shop portis, and is campbell really going to start next year?

SeanTaylorRIP
01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
question: what is next for the redskins? do they really want to shop portis, and is campbell really going to start next year?

No we won't shop Portis but will listen if a great deal comes by that is too hard to pass, and yes of course Campbell is the starter for next year.

critesy
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
i think were going to hand it over to Todd Collins actually.

FloridaFootball
01-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Joe Gibbs has stated that Clinton Portis is our guy. I don't suspect Portis going anywhere, unless a ridiculous trade offer. Jason Campbell has multople draft picks invested in him. He hasn't played bad yet and is looking good, so yes. Why would he not be the starter?

SeanTaylorRIP
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Campbell is starter unless Ladell Betts says he wants to play QB then the coaching staff would have to put him there.

portis_clinton
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
With Anderson coming out, we have a better chance at drafting a top tier DE. The way I see it, DT isn't anywhere near our biggest need and if Anderson/ Adams falls to us, we have to take one of them. The question is which one.

McBain
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Campbell is starter unless Ladell Betts says he wants to play QB then the coaching staff would have to put him there.

Why do you have so much hate for Ladell? He was nothing but money for the last 6 games. Him and Portis in the backfield is going to be lethal.

portis_clinton
01-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Alright, after watching old videos of Art Monk, I think we need to make a push for a tall possesion reciever. Whether it be CJ or someone else.

SFbear
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
You guys have any idea whats going to happen to Archuletta. I heard he was pretty disgruntled with the coaching staff.

portis_clinton
01-08-2007, 03:52 PM
You guys have any idea whats going to happen to Archuletta. I heard he was pretty disgruntled with the coaching staff.

He's comming back, probably competing for the starting job with Priealou and Fox.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-08-2007, 05:52 PM

He's comming back, probably competing for the starting job with Priealou and Fox.

I say he doesn't come back.

McBain
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM

I say he doesn't come back.

He was Gregg Williams' scapegoat. Everyone knew when we brought him in he couldn't cover so what do we do? We make him cover. Had we used him the way we promised as a blitzer with occaisional coverage resposibilities we would have been fine. We did it that one year with Matt Bowen who is a less atheletic version of Arch. I didn't like Arch in the begining but i figured the coaches would at least use him correctly. Now there's talk of releasing him, which not only is a huge waste of dead cap space but also a waste of talet improperly used. At the very least we should explore options to trade him, but i would prefer we just used him correctly.

portis_clinton
01-09-2007, 09:25 PM
No more free agency please. The only free agent we should consider is Nate Clements, since he has experience with G. Williams and we are desperate at CB. We don't need a MLB, DE, or anything else through FA.

And the more I look at the draft, I think we only have three choices, in order.

1) Draft CJ. We don't have a true possesion reciever, and I would be willing to risk another bad defensive year as long as this guy is on our team for years to come.

2) Draft Branch. The reason our LB's are playing so poorly is because we don't have anyone to take double teams. Griffin isn't the same anymore, and with Golston developing, they could make a great duo to improve the whole team.

3) Trade Down. If none of these guys are on the board by the time we get here, trade way down to stockpile picks.

DON'T DRAFT A DE!

He won't start unless Daniels or Carter gets injured. He won't be a guarenteed "Sack Artist", and will just not be the defensive player that we want him to be.
3(

McBain
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
No more free agency please. The only free agent we should consider is Nate Clements, since he has experience with G. Williams and we are desperate at CB. We don't need a MLB, DE, or anything else through FA.

And the more I look at the draft, I think we only have three choices, in order.

1) Draft CJ. We don't have a true possesion reciever, and I would be willing to risk another bad defensive year as long as this guy is on our team for years to come.

2) Draft Branch. The reason our LB's are playing so poorly is because we don't have anyone to take double teams. Griffin isn't the same anymore, and with Golston developing, they could make a great duo to improve the whole team.

3) Trade Down. If none of these guys are on the board by the time we get here, trade way down to stockpile picks.

DON'T DRAFT A DE!

He won't start unless Daniels or Carter gets injured. He won't be a guarenteed "Sack Artist", and will just not be the defensive player that we want him to be.
3(

First, i don't know how calvin johnson is going to fall to 6 but if he does you better believe we're trading down. But since there's no way that's happening.... well yeah. People act like it's easy to trade down... it's not. You have to have a player to fall to you that alot of people want... and then they have to willing to pay for him. You'll hear from people all the time that so and so should trade down. But it's hard to do. I agree we don't need a de that probably won't start... especially since i think Andre Carter is going to be big time next year... he was just starting to get going the last few games and if he carries that into the next season i expect nothing less than 10 sacks. The dude has talent there's no doubt. Daniels is aging but he played ok and does his job. What we need it an interior lineman a la Alan Branch... that's who i think we should draft at 6.

If we can trade down at from six i would take it... but i don't think it's going to happen so ALAN BRANCH he's a 2-gapper. 6'6 330 he will eat peoples children and force the dbl team make Griffen and Carter that much better... believe it. In FA im praying for Asante Samuels or Clements... with fletcher at MLB... i would be sooooo happpy with that offseason. If we do trade down. hopefully we can come up with a MLB and a good DB. I really like Brandon Merriweather and due to the whole bad character deal who could drop a ways if we could land him in the third it would be the steal of the draft... he can play FS or CB... and do both well.

portis_clinton
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I definetly think Branch is the best pick for us. If we did pick him, we wouldn't need Fletcher since Marshall could just walk into the backfield.

But c'mon, how can you not pick Johnson is he falls to us? When's the last time we had a true possesion reciever?

McBain
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I definetly think Branch is the best pick for us. If we did pick him, we wouldn't need Fletcher since Marshall could just walk into the backfield.

But c'mon, how can you not pick Johnson is he falls to us? When's the last time we had a true possesion reciever?

Art Monk.... maybe Micheal Westbrook. Well CJ falls to us we might take him but he falls that far you better believe people are calling us.. remember that year detriot got clevlands 1st and 2nd and cleveland was only 1 pick below them? If CJ falls that far we can get something really good for him... i think. Plus it's not that i don't like CJ i just think we have Lloyd, ARE and Moss... we so much $$ at WR if Lloyd stops being an ass, he has the potential to be a better reciever than both. I don't remember who said it but "Lloyd is the most talented reciever from wrist to fingertips" he has some the best hands.. i don't understand investing more money in Reciever when we have much much bigger needs.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Lloyd does not have great hands that's a joke, he drops so many balls he just makes a big play every now and then, he is far to inconsistent to be a #2 reciever Randle El should start over him next year, and CJ will not drop to us but if for some unknown reason he did you do not pass on that it's like passing on Michael Jordan.

21ST
01-10-2007, 09:17 PM
There is no way we can not draft CJ if he falls to us

Canadian_draft_fan
01-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't be in favour of drafting CJ but if he or Adrian Peterson fell to #6 we may be able to get a sweet deal and trade down for extra picks. For some reason I think the Jets would trade with us if Peterson were available.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone who wouldn't take CJ is out of their mind, he would have a bigger impact than any defensive player we take, and teams won't be throwing us a lot for CJ cause they know we have no clue with the value of draft picks, I sent Dan Snyder the draft value chart via e-mail last year but he never replied.

critesy
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Anyone who wouldn't take CJ is out of their mind, he would have a bigger impact than any defensive player we take, and teams won't be throwing us a lot for CJ cause they know we have no clue with the value of draft picks, I sent Dan Snyder the draft value chart via e-mail last year but he never replied.

ahaha very nice, i hoped you did :)

portis_clinton
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Alright, here's our ideal, 2007 Defense:

RE: Andre Carter - (6 sacks in 5 games at end of season)
DT: Cornelius Griffin/ Kedric Golston - (2 solid slashing DT's)
DT: Alan Branch/ Joe Salavea - (2 big block eating DT's)
LE: Phillip Daniels - (Eh, he's still not that bad)

ROLB: Rocky McIntosh - (Fast and hard hitter)
MLB: Llemar Marshall - (Would improve with consistent DT play)
LOLB: Marcus Washington - (Leader of the D)

CB: Nate Clements - (Only guy we really need in FA)
CB: Carlos Rodgers - (Should improve with better Dline play)
CB3: Shawn Springs - (Less chance of injury, still solid player)

FS: Sean Taylor - (Will improve with consistent CB play)
SS: *Wild Card* - (Whoever does best in training camp = Arch/ Priealou/ Fox/ Vincent)

McBain
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM

SS: *Wild Card* - (Whoever does best in training camp = Arch/ Priealou/ Fox/ Vincent)

Springs to SS perhaps? Lemar was baaad this year. I dunno this is more of a bump post...

portis_clinton
01-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Springs to SS perhaps? Lemar was baaad this year. I dunno this is more of a bump post...

Lemar will do better when he doesn't have to go 1 on 1 with a 330 pound guard each running play. Branch will make holes in the middle.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-15-2007, 04:21 PM
LeMar does not belong at MLB at all his size is just too much to overcome he can't and will not ever hold his own in the middle we must trade down and pick up Patrick Willis.

portis_clinton
01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
LeMar does not belong at MLB at all his size is just too much to overcome he can't and will not ever hold his own in the middle we must trade down and pick up Patrick Willis.

Willis will do just as bad as Marshall since none of our DTs can command a double team anymore.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Willis will do just as bad as Marshall since none of our DTs can command a double team anymore.

Not true. Marshall will be great in the middle if he gains 45 pounds.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-15-2007, 06:50 PM

Completely agree. Lemar is not only 2 small for the middle he seems too slow as well. He doesn't get to the holes nearlt quick enough. the Tampa and St. Louis games convimced me. Trading down to get Willis would be great. We also need to pick up a pass rushing DE to help out Carter. Daniels' days as a consistent effective pass rusher are behind him.

portis_clinton
01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
This Gaines Adams pick is horrible, he won't help our defense at all.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
This Gaines Adams pick is horrible, he won't help our defense at all.

How can you say that? Phillip Daniels gets nearly no pressure he is solid against the run but as a pass rusher is poor, Adams is the top pass rusher in the draft, personally I like Anderson more but I wouldn't cry if we got Gaines.

TheDoctor8
01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I would prefer Branch at the 6th pick , if not trade down...
I am not sold on Gaines Adams, due to the tackle/guard play on the offensive lines of some of the ACC teams he has played against...does anyone agree with this ?

Craigo
01-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey remember when you guys gave us a third and a fourth for Brandon Lloyd?

Good times.

FloridaFootball
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
January 16, 2007

REDSKINS RELEASE LINEBACKER COACH DALE LINDSEY

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins announce today that linebacker coach Dale Lindsey has been released by the organization.

Lindsey has been in charge of the linebackers over the past three seasons and has spent a total of five of his 29-year NFL career with the Redskins, including a two-year stint with the team in 1997 and 1998.

“We appreciate the work and effort Dale has given the organization over the past three seasons, but we have decided to move in a different direction with our linebackers,” said Head Coach Joe Gibbs.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-17-2007, 05:36 AM
With how crappy our LB's were someone had to go although it should have been Holdman and Marshall to go, even Marcus was trash this year.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-17-2007, 11:01 AM
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
January 16, 2007

REDSKINS RELEASE LINEBACKER COACH DALE LINDSEY

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins announce today that linebacker coach Dale Lindsey has been released by the organization.

Lindsey has been in charge of the linebackers over the past three seasons and has spent a total of five of his 29-year NFL career with the Redskins, including a two-year stint with the team in 1997 and 1998.

“We appreciate the work and effort Dale has given the organization over the past three seasons, but we have decided to move in a different direction with our linebackers,” said Head Coach Joe Gibbs.

Pray to God Holdman is not back next year. With Lindsey gone this hopefully will happen.

21ST
01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
thank god now we just need to get rid of holdman too

Westbourne
01-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Since most mocks have Adrian Peterson falling past your guys, what are your thoughts about drafting AP and trading Portis for other needs in your franchise?

Portis would warrent good to great players (plural) and Peterson's injury troubles aren't that severe. If it weren't for the injuries, he's considered a cant miss spect.

So you would replace your running game and you would use Portis as trade bait to help fill holes where they need fit...

p.s. I have no clue Portis' contract or what cap penalties this would have.

Just throwing it on the table.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Since most mocks have Adrian Peterson falling past your guys, what are your thoughts about drafting AP and trading Portis for other needs in your franchise?

Portis would warrent good to great players (plural) and Peterson's injury troubles aren't that severe. If it weren't for the injuries, he's considered a cant miss spect.

So you would replace your running game and you would use Portis as trade bait to help fill holes where they need fit...

p.s. I have no clue Portis' contract or what cap penalties this would have.

Just throwing it on the table.

no.
no.
no.

First off we wouldn't do it cause CP is one of my favorite players and Dan knows what I would do to him if we traded him. 2nd CP has a massive contract and is nearly impossible to move. Next although I hate him we have a 1,000 yard backup rusher in Ladell Betts and a nice Rock Cartwright, RB is probably our smallest need. Only offensive pick we would use if they dropped is CJ for sure, and maybe Joe Thomas if they dropped.

TheDoctor8
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
http://redskins.scout.com/3/capinfo.html

the cap hit would be too great..
and with the decent backs in the draft, why offer the Skins anything for a running back with injuries ?

TheDoctor8
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
even with the Skins getting the below dead money back and with the cap rising 6 or 7 million they are still close to 3 million over the 2007 season cap

Chad Morton KR 1.000 Million
Tyler Luebke DT 0.001 Million
Mike Barrow LB 1.666 Million
William Palmer TE 0.002 Million
Darnerian McCants WR 0.667 Million
Steven Harris WR 0.003 Million
Jerome Nichols DT 0.003 Million
Jared Newberry LB 0.053 Million
Mark Wilson OT 0.039 Million
Robert McCune LB 0.083 Million
Aki Jones DT 0.001 Million
Lennie Friedman OG 0.050 Million
Derrick Dockery OG 0.121 Million
LaVar Arrington LB 7.762
Brandon Noble DT 0.930
Walt Harris CB 0.750
Tom Tupa P 0.338
Matt Bowen S 0.400
Cory Raymer C 0.134
Patrick Ramsey QB 1.194
Total: 15.197 Million in dead cap money for 2006 season

SeanTaylorRIP
01-18-2007, 04:01 PM
I want Jammal Anderson so bad.

critesy
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
i thought lavar cut that money down so he could be cut and goto a new team ?

critesy
01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I want Jammal Anderson so bad.

and yes, thats who i want if we do not trade down which is doubtful.

21ST
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Did Barrow ever play a down

McBain
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM

Nah, he was always injured. However, he gave us a good MLB with high AWR in Madden... so he wasn't completly worthless. That was the year Pierce had his breakout season.q

21ST
01-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Nah, he was always injured. However, he gave us a good MLB with high AWR in Madden... so he wasn't completly worthless. That was the year Pierce had his breakout season.q

that was some easy money

critesy
01-23-2007, 03:40 PM
if odell thurman gets released from the bengals, we should take a "stab" at him.

McBain
01-25-2007, 05:44 AM

that was some easy money

I dunno... he was money in my madden D before they updated him with slower speed. he had like 2 ints an a FF for me 1 game.. i was so proud. I was such a madden god in o5, now i don't even have an xbox.. :(

SeanTaylorRIP
01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
if odell thurman gets released from the bengals, we should take a "stab" at him.

I don't want another Character issues go, as much talent as he has he has more potential to do bad than good.

critesy
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't want another Character issues go, as much talent as he has he has more potential to do bad than good.

im sure after being suspended for a year and potenially getting kicked off a team he would learn to shape up though, i dunno...just a thought to throw out.

GiantRutgersFan
01-26-2007, 09:41 PM
If you guys need a job...

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm?supcat=312&supcat_name=Administration%2FGeneral%20Management

Administration/General Management: General Administration

Salary Cap Assistant - Washington Redskins (Washington, DC)

The Washington Redskins are seeking an ambitious, fast learning professional, with a college degree for a Salary Cap Assistant position. The selected candidate will assist the Director of Football Administration in all functions.
Job Functions:

*Conducts comprehensive research and analysis of NFL Player Contracts and statistics. *Liaison with NFL Management Council. *Assists Director of Football Administration with Salary Cap Budgets and forecasting. * Will learn NFL Player Personnel and Salary Cap rules. *Other duties as assigned.

Skills:

*Proficient with Microsoft Excel. *High statistical accuracy. *Excels in mathematical calculations and research. *Excellent skill in organizing, filing and keeping records. *Maintains complete confidentiality. *Accounting or Math background is desired.

Qualified applicants must apply online or may fax resumes to: Fax: (703) 726-7172 ATTN: Salary Cap Assistant

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

critesy
01-27-2007, 12:24 PM
haha, oh god.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Man it's no fun being a draftnik and being a Redskins fan.

703SKINS202
01-28-2007, 01:13 PM
i dont think this is likely but here are some rumors i heard swirling around

portis for bly and detroit #2

portis for dunta robinson and houston#4

if this were a legit rumor i wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger running backs are easy to find good cover corners arent. plus we would be able to take a stab at calvin if we really wanted or trade down and pick up some extra picks which would probably be a better idea

SeanTaylorRIP
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
i dont think this is likely but here are some rumors i heard swirling around

portis for bly and detroit #2

portis for dunta robinson and houston#4

if this were a legit rumor i wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger running backs are easy to find good cover corners arent. plus we would be able to take a stab at calvin if we really wanted or trade down and pick up some extra picks which would probably be a better idea

I believe both are false especially since Houston has the 8th pick not 4th. But if they were both true I would take Robinson and #8 first, although with #2 I would consider taking Bly and then Calvin Johnson and with our 6th pick take Branch or Anderson.

critesy
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
congrats ghetto on the mod, chea!

SeanTaylorRIP
01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
congrats ghetto on the mod, chea!

Thank you, who would have ever thought a redskins mod.

UtepMiner
02-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Sup Skins fans, need some help with my mock.

Is Branch a good pick for you guys? I've noticed he's pretty much the standard pick for the Skins but I want some input...if not him than who would you like?

SeanTaylorRIP
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Sup Skins fans, need some help with my mock.

Is Branch a good pick for you guys? I've noticed he's pretty much the standard pick for the Skins but I want some input...if not him than who would you like?

Rather have Jamaal Anderson but Branch is a nice second option followed by Gaines Adams then Leon Hall.

BTW just for fun here is what I did for the Skins in the last forum mock:

Here's what I did with the skins, I only had a first, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders to begin with. I think I really added huge depth to our defense with having so little to work with. The Skins biggest weakness was secondary but now we are so strong with Carlos Rogers and Brian Kelly starting with Springs and Daymeion Hughes in backup roles. Also Archuleta was a huge bust and now we have a defensive general back in Ryan Clark who even Sean Taylor Admitted made him better, as well as a nice young safety prospect in Aaron Rouse to compete with Vernon Fox and Pearson Prealiou. Getting Marcus Stroud was huge him and Cornelius Griffin is scary with Kedric Golston coming off the bench. We got new pass rushers in Kalimba Edwards and Greg Spires as well as lineman depth with Hank Fraley.

Gave Up:
TJ Duckett
Adam Archuleta
Joe Salavea
5th Rounder
6th Rounder
7th rounder

Got:
Marcus Stroud
Daymeion Hughes
Aaron Rouse
Brian Kelly
Greg Spires
Kalimba Edwards
Hank Fraley
Ryan Clark

critesy
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
thats amazing....getting rid of 2 useless players and an aging one...very nice i might say

A+++ :wink:

i still cant believe what people we got from that, you dominated.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-03-2007, 08:58 AM
thats amazing....getting rid of 2 useless players and an aging one...very nice i might say

A+++ :wink:

i still cant believe what people we got from that, you dominated.

Me and you Critesy need to take over the Skins front office.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Another year another passing on Art Monk, it's just a joke what the HOF is now.

M.O.T.H.
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Question...

Nehamia Broughten (spelling)... Where is he at?

SeanTaylorRIP
02-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Question...

Don't know his contract situation but as of this year he was still on our roster but didn't get any playing time, he is a very powerful HB/FB though.

M.O.T.H.
02-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Question...

Don't know his contract situation but as of this year he was still on our roster but didn't get any playing time, he is a very powerful HB/FB though.

He was one of my fav prospects. Very physical and powerful, he has some nice speed as well. I havent heard anything about him in a long while. thank you.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-04-2007, 09:36 AM
If TJ Duckett couldn't even get any time he didn't stand much of a chance, but he still has potential somewhere else.

21ST
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Question...

He was one of my fav prospects. Very physical and powerful, he has some nice speed as well. I havent heard anything about him in a long while. thank you.

Hes the 2nd string fullback and 4th string RB

mancl
02-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello,

I'm a Packer fan and they will be looking to upgrade the running back situation this offseason. There is speculation the Packers might be interested in Portis and I noticed there are a couple of trade rumors above. Here are my questions.

Are the Redskins willing/looking to trade Portis? If so what is their asking price- I'd imagine they would be looking for at least a #1- the Packers draft 16th. When will he be a FA? One write up I saw on him is he is a big time playmaker who can carry a team but he has average hands, gets nicked a lot and is not much of a blocker. Is that accurate?

Any comments you could add would be appreciated. Thanks

703SKINS202
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I dont think they are looking to trade him cause they want to keep a nice 1-2 punch with him and Betts but I know they are keeping their ears open. I'd say for the packers their #1 maybe a 2nd or 3rd and a proven veteran cb or d-line that could come in and immediately play in rotation. I think he is a FA in 09 but Im not sure. He is a big playmaker with homerun potential, he hasnt really flurished in this running scheme like he did in denevr but he is still good for 1,500 and 10+ when healthy. His hands are average and his blocking is underated he is actually quite good. He is a very dedicated player never gives up, initially injured his shoulder last season after chasing down someone after a t/o in a preseason game.

McBain
02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
one of portis' main deals is that he's an excellent blocker.. vastly under-rated in that department.

Shiver
02-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Sean Taylor is going to the Pro-Bowl, as Brian Dawkins pulled out. I don't think he deserved it, in my opinion, but I thought you guys would like to know.