http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Good Stuff.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 05:02 PM
http://dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm
Some good player interviews.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Another note, Newman's agent is at the Ranch......

Modano
05-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Spencer worked with the first string defense.
Phillips called Burnett and Carpenter the backups ILB. But he didn't say that they will not play on the outside anymore. Hopefully Carpenter will win a starting position inside.

jdnoyes
05-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah no big suprises yet. Apparently Burnett and Carp are played soley inside today with the second string. Wade said James and Ayodele have the experience but Burnett and Carp looked very athletic. Could be training camp battles for both spots (I hope) Wade said we only have 4 OLB's for the camp and one (Ellis) didn't participate in team drills Ware,Spencer, Glymph? i'm guessing were the other 3, so Spencer was with the 1st team and got a lot of work.

T.O. caught passes which was a suprise, beat T-New for a deep TD pass from Romo.

Romo had a real nice morning practice going 10 for 16

First team/second team OL's no suprise

Flo-Kosier-Gurode-Davis-Colombo
Free-McQ-Procter-Berger-Marten

Wade said Spears looked real good in the morning and had a nice pass rush, without pads doesnt mean much tho.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Here is the press conference of Wade if anyone wants it:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=82750D72-04D0-BB67-3CEFEBF0F683161B

Everything looks good so far.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Stanback was involved in the punt returning today....:)

Oh and Newman ripped the old, conservative style and said he has no idea why we eren't conservative.

jdnoyes
05-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Stanback was involved in the punt returning today....:)

Oh and Newman ripped the old, conservative style and said he has no idea why we eren't conservative.

Newman didn't rip anything. He said with the guys we got we should be able to generate a lot of pressure and thats going to help everyone, and thats what all the guys are excited about. How is that ripping the old style? Could you please stick to the facts instead of putting words in players mouths.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 06:48 PM
OK hot shot:

But Terence Newman didn't have any problem blasting away at the Cowboys' conservative thinking on defense under the previous regime.

"We've got a great group of guys up front," Newman said. "It's mind-boggling that we weren't more aggressive."

Even the guy on theboysblog said he blasted them. Anyway, he is absolutely right. Parcells F'ed us over big time last year, with his conservative play calling.

Achilles33
05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
For those of you who didn't see it, Spencer was starting at SOLB today. He and D-Ware flipped back and forth often during practice.

Oh and Wade Phillips said Ware will pass rush more this season.

artisfeces
05-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh and Wade Phillips said Ware will pass rush more this season.

I have goosebumps just thinking about this... WOOHOO

mat33
05-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I would not be surprised if by the end of the year the LB are lined up like this:
Ware-Carp-Burnett-Spencer, all 4 are athletic, fast pass rushers who can play the pass and run, all but Spencer who the jury is still out on.

D-Unit
05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Loads of talent at LB an no one crying about. . . That's nice for once.

Burnett coming up with an interception was nice to hear. Matt Moore had a bad day...

jdnoyes
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
OK hot shot:

Even the guy on theboysblog said he blasted them. Anyway, he is absolutely right. Parcells F'ed us over big time last year, with his conservative play calling.

I read the blog and I heard exactly what Newman said, and once again he didn't blast anybody. Its obvious that the idiot writing that blog wants to twist what Newman said into an anti-Parcells rant, after all he needs some kind of story to pay the bills. Its amazing that the same guys who loved Parcells a couple of months ago are the ones ripping him apart now that he's gone.

I have high hopes that our D will be improved this year, and maybe Parcells was too stubborn as the year went on last year and we were exposed, but to say Parcells F'ed us over big time is idiotic. He didn't just go from hall of fame defensive coach to the village idiot in half a season. And people like you who think just because Wade is coaching that our defense will suddenly go from average to Doomsday are fooling yourselves. I'm confident we'll be improved because of the new scheme and the additions (Spencer, Hamlin) but would it be so hard to be a little more grounded in reality and not such a homer?

jdnoyes
05-12-2007, 11:41 PM
On another mini camp note apparently our buddy Walter Thomas was cut from the Saints. He was reportedly so out of shape he couldn't finish individual drills, only 15 minutes into practice he was helped into the training room and shortly thereafter released.

Burns336
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
On another mini camp note apparently our buddy Walter Thomas was cut from the Saints. He was reportedly so out of shape he couldn't finish individual drills, only 15 minutes into practice he was helped into the training room and shortly thereafter released.

...but he can still do back flips, we should totally pick this guy up!

who came up with the notion that he was worth anything anyway?

Im_a_Romosexual
05-13-2007, 12:33 AM
he's a huge guy that can move and has potential.

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Ok, I will stop being such a homer, but this team has so much potential this year, I am so excited. People think I am being a homer in the NFC East thread, but I really am not, the Cowboys are going to be nasty this year.

Oh and did anyone see the Cowboys Mini-Camp report on SportCenter or ESPNEWS? Because is it just me, or did Roy Williams look like he lost some serious weight. I though he was a CB until I saw #31 on his back.

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 07:55 AM
I would not be surprised if by the end of the year the LB are lined up like this:
Ware-Carp-Burnett-Spencer, all 4 are athletic, fast pass rushers who can play the pass and run, all but Spencer who the jury is still out on.

Although I wouldn't mind it, no way those are our MLBs. The money in James and Ayodele will forbid it. Jerry wonb't swallow his pride. I could see them getting some good playing time, but not starting.

Staubach12
05-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that TO didn't talk to the media yesterday. Good for him.

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Didn't he say before that he wasn't speaking to the media all year?

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Wade said Spears looked real good in the morning and had a nice pass rush, without pads doesnt mean much tho.

I remember last year eveyone saying Ware was unblockable in Pre-Season. Once the season started however ...........

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that TO didn't talk to the media yesterday. Good for him.

June 1 Roster Bonus of $3MM. Good to show up and lock in the good will Jerry has.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I read the blog and I heard exactly what Newman said, and once again he didn't blast anybody. Its obvious that the idiot writing that blog wants to twist what Newman said into an anti-Parcells rant, after all he needs some kind of story to pay the bills. Its amazing that the same guys who loved Parcells a couple of months ago are the ones ripping him apart now that he's gone.

I have high hopes that our D will be improved this year, and maybe Parcells was too stubborn as the year went on last year and we were exposed, but to say Parcells F'ed us over big time is idiotic. He didn't just go from hall of fame defensive coach to the village idiot in half a season. And people like you who think just because Wade is coaching that our defense will suddenly go from average to Doomsday are fooling yourselves. I'm confident we'll be improved because of the new scheme and the additions (Spencer, Hamlin) but would it be so hard to be a little more grounded in reality and not such a homer?

What I love about these village idiot fans is Parcells was conservative and his scheme sucked .... so the Cowboys went out and spent money on FA Safety and another 1st round OLB ..... so which is it guys? Scheme or players for last year?

The other thing is the 4th ranked Offense that was mistake prone needing more aggresiveness. That was another winner position by the village idiot fannies.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Loads of talent at LB an no one crying about. . . That's nice for once.

Burnett coming up with an interception was nice to hear. Matt Moore had a bad day...

Love to see Burnett and Carpenter play mroe and James play much much less. I think Ayodele is going to have a great season too.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
...but he can still do back flips, we should totally pick this guy up!

who came up with the notion that he was worth anything anyway?

Well he still is 6'5 and huge with some athletics. Sometimes you just gotta baby them. Maybe this is what he needs. A mentor, a Howard Johnson and a rental in Dallas may help.

jdnoyes
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I saw an interesting quote from Burnett today:

"If you aren't athletic you aren't going to be successful in this scheme"

I wonder how Bradie James is feeling right now. Should be really interesting how our LB rotation shakes out this season.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 01:36 PM
So, let me get this >>>>>> from Cowboysplus >>>>> too funny!!!

"Inside linebacker Bradie James admits he gave up too many plays last season by getting beat in pass coverage. He doesn't expect to have similar problems this season. James' eyes lit up when he talked about how he'd be "covered up" by the nose tackle fairly often in this scheme. That means he'll be able to run free instead of ramming heads with 330-pound guards."

>>>>> So let me see, Bradie is now a 3-4 ILB in a scheme that uses more one-gap and he expects to play sideline to sideline with a 310lb NT? Trying to understand the new system. Who is going to keep the Guards off him in a one-gap penetrating scheme?

"I'm not hit with that double-edged sword," James said. "I had to weigh 265 but still try to cover a tight end down the field."

>>>>>>> Well Bradie, if Roy could cover a TE as he should be able to then your job would be the Fullback ..... err and you could not do that either. I just hate players with excuses. Absolutely hate them.

jdnoyes
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm tired of hearing it as well, just play the game.

Can't wait to hear his excuse when he's riding the bench.

fryman
05-13-2007, 02:05 PM
>>>>> So let me see, Bradie is now a 3-4 ILB in a scheme that uses more one-gap and he expects to play sideline to sideline with a 310lb NT? Trying to understand the new system. Who is going to keep the Guards off him in a one-gap penetrating scheme?

A lot of the time there will be 5 guys rushing. Ellis/Spencer and Ware are pretty much linemen. Not all the time, but that should be their main role.

Wade has mentioned it as well, it isn't like James is making stuff up, just repeating what Wade tells him.

thule
05-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Rob it's so funny that you forgot to post the best part of that article...

James, who got burned for at least one of Seattle TE Jerramy Stevens's two TDs in the playoff game, said he's slimmed down to his rookie weight of 245 pounds. He won't give up his spot in the nickel defense without a fight.

Isn't that what you wanted him to do?

Also glad to see Fasano isn't stuck as just a reserve second TE.

The Cowboys lined up with two tight ends about as often as they used a fullback during today's practices. Fasano, last year's second-round pick, lined up as an H-back and went in motion several times.

KILLERSANTA
05-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Burnett is the best LB we have not named ware......

thule
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Burnett is the best LB we have not named ware......

You love to cheer for the underdog. I still think Akin Ayodele is going to have a huge year...this scheme fits his skillset perfectly. As long as he can process the playbook he'll be a big name popping up on game days.

D-Unit
05-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Well he still is 6'5 and huge with some athletics. Sometimes you just gotta baby them. Maybe this is what he needs. A mentor, a Howard Johnson and a rental in Dallas may help.
Forget Walter Thomas... Yes, we were all intrigued by his manly size. The guy is a joke and all 31 teams knew that except the Saints... and they found out real quick. I saw his myspace page posted on another forum and the guy is an immature joke. Really, words cannot describe what a joke this guy is. Don't ask me for the link cause I don't know it. I just clicked on it.

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Yea rob, you failed to state Brade James drop 20 pounds!!!

We are going to own with this attacking defense. Expect a top 3 defense, and to lead the league in INT's baby!!! Very defense player is getting a boner over this scheme, just listen to the interviews!!!

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Leonard Davis didn't attend practice because of a family member who is ill. It is still uncertain if he will practice tomarrow.

KILLERSANTA
05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Forget Walter Thomas... Yes, we were all intrigued by his manly size. The guy is a joke and all 31 teams knew that except the Saints... and they found out real quick. I saw his myspace page posted on another forum and the guy is an immature joke. Really, words cannot describe what a joke this guy is. Don't ask me for the link cause I don't know it. I just clicked on it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=40459175

Achilles33
05-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Some good notes:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=87B2557B-CB4F-2D17-985B260C3A1DC299

- Burnett is fustrated with lack of playing time, but wants to be a Cowboy

- Roy will be a MLB in the nickel

- Marten settling in a RT

- Newman staying in the slot in the nickel, and Henry and Glenn on the outside

- Leonard Davis missed practice because his wife had surgury, but will practice tomarrow in both sessions

- Brad Johnson or McBriar are going to be the holder (great, so if they bobble it they are just gonna get owned)

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:36 PM

James, who got burned for at least one of Seattle TE Jerramy Stevens's two TDs in the playoff game, said he's slimmed down to his rookie weight of 245 pounds. He won't give up his spot in the nickel defense without a fight.

The Cowboys lined up with two tight ends about as often as they used a fullback during today's practices. Fasano, last year's second-round pick, lined up as an H-back and went in motion several times.

Yes, he lost weight. Roy Williams did to. This is actually one thing about Parcells Scheme I DID NOT LIKE. He was too into bulk and to the point you lost quickness.

I have no problem giving up speed for bulk but not quickness. With quickness in football you get leverage and that is worth more than 20 lbs of muscle.

I hope Bradie makes it. Great story that kid. Just don't think him terribly talented.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:37 PM
You love to cheer for the underdog. I still think Akin Ayodele is going to have a huge year...this scheme fits his skillset perfectly. As long as he can process the playbook he'll be a big name popping up on game days.

I agree that Akin is big this year. Carries the bulk and quickness/speed we need at the SILB spot.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Some good notes:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=87B2557B-CB4F-2D17-985B260C3A1DC299

- Burnett is fustrated with lack of playing time, but wants to be a Cowboy

- Roy will be a MLB in the nickel

- Marten settling in a RT

- Newman staying in the slot in the nickel, and Henry and Glenn on the outside

- Leonard Davis missed practice because his wife had surgury, but will practice tomarrow in both sessions

- Brad Johnson or McBriar are going to be the holder (great, so if they bobble it they are just gonna get owned)

Leonard Davis taking time off for surgery? Call it a bad omen from a guy labeled a LAZY bust so far.

Roy at MLB, LOL. I can see the 3 and 10 draw every time with a 330-lb guard steam rolling him.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Yea rob, you failed to state Brade James drop 20 pounds!!!

We are going to own with this attacking defense. Expect a top 3 defense, and to lead the league in INT's baby!!! Very defense player is getting a boner over this scheme, just listen to the interviews!!!

Yes Achilles, Steel Curtain, Chicago Bears and Doomsday all wrapped into one. I'd go lay down your life savings at Vegas on the Boys.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Leonard Davis didn't attend practice because of a family member who is ill. It is still uncertain if he will practice tomarrow.

Wisdom Teeth? Booh hooh. Bad omen.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Issue with Fasano and Witten is they are the same player. Neither is a great blocker and neither is a deep threat. I just don't see many effective formations with two like players. Wish we had a TE that could attack the deep middle on a Tampa-2. An Olsen for Fasano swap.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-13-2007, 11:52 PM
nvm read it wrong

Modano
05-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Issue with Fasano and Witten is they are the same player. Neither is a great blocker and neither is a deep threat. I just don't see many effective formations with two like players. Wish we had a TE that could attack the deep middle on a Tampa-2. An Olsen for Fasano swap.

Witten IS a great blocker. For his receiving skills he has amazing blocking abilities. That's something that even Giants and Redskins fans admit.

And I think you're too bias on Davis. His wife had a surgery, I don't blame him at all because he want to stay with her...

thule
05-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Wisdom Teeth? Booh hooh. Bad omen.

Wife having a baby actually.

thule
05-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Roy at MLB, LOL. I can see the 3 and 10 draw every time with a 330-lb guard steam rolling him.

I would just like to say that this is my personal favorite nickel defense. I called for this way back when the season was over. Roy playing the Rover in the nickel. He'll play closer to the line...but I'm not buying the 5 yard LB position...I think the 7 yard range will fit better. I also really thought the Hamlin/Watkins thing would happen which is nice to see. This is going to be nasty on the field. Ware/Ratliff/Ellis/Spencer if that can't get to the QB I don't know what will. Talk about lack of beef tho....

Modano
05-14-2007, 01:13 AM
I was listening to the phone calls to the draft picks.. Phillips and Jerry have the same accent, but Jerry is more funny...

Burns336
05-14-2007, 02:05 AM

Witten actually has great speed for how big he is. As far as tight ends go I would consider him a deep threat that could attack the Tampa-2. I still remember one of wittens touchdowns in his rookie year, ran right down the middle for a deep TD and i remember madden saying "Folks, thats not a WR, thats a TE, this guy can move."

As far as fasano goes, i'd love to see him take more snaps at the H-back rather than at tight end. If he can improve his blocking he could be a good player back there with the recieving ability and mismatches he would get out of the backfield.

D-Unit
05-14-2007, 03:11 AM
How's that Power Forward TE doing? Don't even remember the name of my favorite FA pick up. LOL!

Staubach12
05-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Witten IS a great blocker. For his receiving skills he has amazing blocking abilities. That's something that even Giants and Redskins fans admit.

And I think you're too bias on Davis. His wife had a surgery, I don't blame him at all because he want to stay with her...

Wow, Rob, now you really don't know what you're talking about. Witten is one of the better blockers at TE in the league. Combine that with his catching ability, and he's one of the Top-10 TEs in the league. He gets good leverage and can hold his block well. As far as Fasano goes, he's got the raw potential to improve his blocking. He just needs to be coached on that a bit more.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Witten is a great blocker? Put down the pipe. Good, just like Fasano is accurate.

All I said on Davis is it is a bad omen a new employee misses his first day of work AFTER GETTING HIS BONUS.

Draw your own conclusion on players but if a guy is labeled lazy and this happens it gives me pause.

What did they do to his family member? When was it done? Could he have been there?

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Wow, Rob, now you really don't know what you're talking about. Witten is one of the better blockers at TE in the league. Combine that with his catching ability, and he's one of the Top-10 TEs in the league. He gets good leverage and can hold his block well. As far as Fasano goes, he's got the raw potential to improve his blocking. He just needs to be coached on that a bit more.

I like both players and both are adequate blockers.

Now, the relativist argument you present is interesting b/c TEs increasingly can't block for crap. They have become Tony Gonzalez types.

IMHO, this is the reason why teams (today) are able to run 4-3 D with 250 lbs DEs on running downs. Almost like they are playing 2-5.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 08:16 AM
How's that Power Forward TE doing? Don't even remember the name of my favorite FA pick up. LOL!

Be great to convert this guy. We do need an lob it up in the end zone type player.

Modano
05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Witten is a great blocker? Put down the pipe. Good, just like Fasano is accurate.

All I said on Davis is it is a bad omen a new employee misses his first day of work AFTER GETTING HIS BONUS.

Draw your own conclusion on players but if a guy is labeled lazy and this happens it gives me pause.

What did they do to his family member? When was it done? Could he have been there?

Witten is for sure a great blocker. Is a top 5 TE and of the top TEs he's probably the better blocker along Todd Heap. I don't know how you can tell me to put down the pipe, Witten is widely recognised as a very good blocker. I think that's pretty much a fact, Witten is basically the most complete TE in the league. Not the best TE but the most complete. This spot belongs to him and Heap.

And Davis had a very good reason to miss ONE practice.

Paul
05-14-2007, 09:04 AM
As much as I love Witten, I wouldn't call it a forgone conclusion that he is the most complete TE out there. As you mentioned, him and Heap are up there when i comes to those old school receiving/blocking type of TE, but guys like Heath Miller should definitely be in there, and Gates who I think is a underrated locker, just because he is known for his freakish catches and ability, but he a pretty good run blocker.

Achilles33
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Speaking of TE's, according to the blog at dallasmorningnews.com, our TE's are streching the seem more in paractice and expect more vertical plays this year.

I really think our success this year could really put a cloud on Parcell's reputation. We should have owned last year.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Speaking of TE's, according to the blog at dallasmorningnews.com, our TE's are streching the seem more in paractice and expect more vertical plays this year.

I really think our success this year could really put a cloud on Parcell's reputation. We should have owned last year.

What if we go 6-10? LOL.

I can already hear the excuses already .... it was Parcells team, the transition, the rookie oC, retread HC, Greg Ellis again, NFC East is beastly, blah blah blah.......

May I add however, the team is one year older going in the right direction (young guys becoming young vets) so I would hope all the young talent is that much better just being a year older.

Burns336
05-14-2007, 02:37 PM

thats because you are an idiot. Parcells rep will never be damaged. Lets not forget, parcells has built teams up like the patriots and left before they ever won the big game, but he brings in alot of the right pieces for other coaches. Look at what this team was before he was here, and look at it now. Hes built the personnel up with a ton of guys who have the potential to make a great team. Without him, there is no telling how many more 5-11 seasons we would be looking at right now.

One more point about parcells -- if he isnt the coach of the cowboys, do you think romo would be what he is today? Romo would have been over looked and Jerry would have forced some puppet coach into putting our eggs in Drew Hensons basket.

You are quick to forget what the guy has done.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
The Parcells bashing in Dallas is just incredible. Like an insecure 15 year old girl who got dumped who subsequently goes on a tirade where she is the best and he is the worst. Sorry to say we are not terribly educated football fans here.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 02:48 PM
On the TE, it is a nice idea to stretch the seam but I am not sure Witten or Fasano have the speed to do it with a Romo three step drop unless they get free release right at the safety.

5 and 7 drops -- hell I can get down the seam. But I don't think Sean Taylor is too concerned Jason or Anthony is gonna smoke him.

Olsen or Gates however ......

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 02:49 PM
This team should be 12-4 just based on Bill's maturing talent. Let us see how Wade and Jerry run the show.

Achilles33
05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes, Parcells did bring us back to respectability, but I will NEVER, EVER, forgive him for last year. He should have dominated last year. 12-4 easily, and we go 9-7. All of the players love the ne coaches. No one liked playing under parcells. They were scared to make mistakes.

Achilles33
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Wade's press conference:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=8B4DBD5C-A18E-E02D-CA3774FB8E5AF686

Some good stuff.

thule
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Well what I said is confirmed. Roy is not the nickel LB...he is the dime back...aka rover.

Roy's officially a dime back, not a nickel linebacker

The Cowboys are calling the package they worked on yesterday their dime defense. That means Roy Williams technically isn't playing any linebacker.

The terminology doesn't matter. The fact that Wade Phillips and Co. are finding ways to emphasize Williams' strengths while hiding his weaknesses is what's important.

"Some people call it a linebacker, some people call it a dime back," Phillips said. "Whatever. But he's not playing deep half or deep quarter or anything like that. He's playing short zone and blitz."

Phillips said that look will be one of several packages the Cowboys could use in passing situations.

Achilles33
05-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Yea, I was just about to post that. I think we will be a great rover.

Achilles33
05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Wade Phillips is loving our o-line.

I pity the fools who said Davis is a fat POS. Oh well, just another thing I can say I am right about.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-14-2007, 06:38 PM
T.O. got "nothing" from experience with parcells- ESPN

D-Unit
05-14-2007, 06:41 PM
The Parcells bashing in Dallas is just incredible. Like an insecure 15 year old girl who got dumped who subsequently goes on a tirade where she is the best and he is the worst. Sorry to say we are not terribly educated football fans here.
That's the best post you've ever written.

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
T.O. got "nothing" from experience with parcells- ESPN

Hard to teach an ego maniac anything. I mean 2 SB and 30 years of coaching. LOL.

Achilles33
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
From the cowboys blog:

** I know you guys want some updates on the offensive and defensive line play but without pads it's hard to get a read on what any of them are doing. Wade Phillips said Chris Canty has been disruptive, and he liked what Jason Hatcher and Marcus Spears have done, too. On the offensive side of the ball it was impressive to see Leonard Davis in space as a blocker on a screen pass to Julius Jones.

Yea big Leonard.

Staubach12
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
From the cowboys blog:

Yea big Leonard.

Why do you feel that you have to posts this exact same thing in two seperate threads?

Achilles33
05-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Because I felt like it.

Oh and robert, Witten and Fasano both have good speed. Maybe not gates speed, but good speed.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Because I felt like it.

Oh and robert, Witten and Fasano both have good speed. Maybe not gates speed, but good speed.

Sure they have good speed but not enough to scare a quality SS down the seem on a short drop. If you let them rumble on a seven step -- well I can get deep too.

Both guys are a good blend of speed and blocking but neither is outstanding at either. I love them in the Offense we where running.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes, Parcells did bring us back to respectability, but I will NEVER, EVER, forgive him for last year. He should have dominated last year. 12-4 easily, and we go 9-7. All of the players love the ne coaches. No one liked playing under parcells. They were scared to make mistakes.

How you could have expected dominating performance last season with an Almost Rookie QB, a nutty WR, a porous Pass Defense and a mistake prone OL is beyond my ability to comprehend.

But all opinions are welcome.

Achilles33
05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't know about that, Witten has caught a bunch of deep balls before. Just because his 40 time is 4.67 doesn't mean he is slow.

Oh and another note from minicamp, from the cowboys blog on dallasmorningnews.com:

Mind changed on Marcus Spears

After watching Marcus Spears practice the last three days, my opinion of him has changed. I thought he didn't get off the ball fast enough last season and didn't show enough push when he took on offensive tackles.

Part of it was scheme.
But now, under this new 3-4 scheme, Spears can attack offensive tackles from an outside angle which could help him. He looked faster out there as did the whole defense.

Spears told me he's lost a few pounds and expects to have a much better season in 2007.

The defense is also looking a lot faster, because a lot of people trimmed down, according to the blog.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I'll wait until they are in pads before I make any comments on the way people play, but hopefully it will improve quickness.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't know about that, Witten has caught a bunch of deep balls before. Just because his 40 time is 4.67 doesn't mean he is slow.

Oh and another note from minicamp, from the cowboys blog on dallasmorningnews.com:

The defense is also looking a lot faster, because a lot of people trimmed down, according to the blog.

Leonard Davis can catch deep balls too if given enough time.

They are not multi-millionaire athletes for nothing. They can run.

Achilles33
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Well Bradie James lost 20 pounds, Carpenter lost 13, Ayodele lost 10, Ferguson lost a few pounds (no #), and Spears dropped 10. I think that is worth noting.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Well Bradie James lost 20 pounds, Carpenter lost 13, Ayodele lost 10, Ferguson lost a few pounds (no #), and Spears dropped 10. I think that is worth noting.

Now they can wear their bath suits this summer.

dc4life
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Any news on Roy? If he gets back to his rookie weight, he's golden. I heard he made a nice play in the 7 on 7 drills a couple days ago.

Achilles33
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
He looks like he lost weight in pictures, but IDK.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Any news on Roy? If he gets back to his rookie weight, he's golden. I heard he made a nice play in the 7 on 7 drills a couple days ago.

Funniest thing on Roy is his United Way Commercials with the kids on swings they say to paraphrase .... "Roy Williams covers as much ground as anyone in the NFL ..."

I almost puked with laughter. They clearly have not seen Roy three steps behind FBs and TEs in pass patterns.

LSUALUM99
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Funniest thing on Roy is his United Way Commercials with the kids on swings they say to paraphrase .... "Roy Williams covers as much ground as anyone in the NFL ..."

I almost puked with laughter. They clearly have not seen Roy three steps behind FBs and TEs in pass patterns.

What they don't mention is that he has to cover that much ground because he's always out of position in the passing game.

robert_in_bigd
05-15-2007, 09:38 PM
What they don't mention is that he has to cover that much ground because he's always out of position in the passing game.

Amen to the truth.

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
i would like some updates on carpenter...what does he have to do to sure up that starting role in the ILB...i mean if he's going to be coming off the bench all this year, what was the point in drafting him in the first rd if just for depth?

i was hoping he could be an impact player on our defense as he was at tOSU, with all the talent around him at LB there, and here as well...he's a smart player, and i figured he was ready to have a very solid year...but i guess with all the LBers we have, its tough to lock up a spot...

well the clocks ticking, seems like just yesterday players like newman and roy were 1st and 2nd year players, now they are approaching 30, im really going to be dissapointed if we dont have a super bowl appearance while all these impact players are in their prime

robert_in_bigd
05-29-2007, 02:50 PM
i would like some updates on carpenter...what does he have to do to sure up that starting role in the ILB...i mean if he's going to be coming off the bench all this year, what was the point in drafting him in the first rd if just for depth?

i was hoping he could be an impact player on our defense as he was at tOSU, with all the talent around him at LB there, and here as well...he's a smart player, and i figured he was ready to have a very solid year...but i guess with all the LBers we have, its tough to lock up a spot...

well the clocks ticking, seems like just yesterday players like newman and roy were 1st and 2nd year players, now they are approaching 30, im really going to be dissapointed if we dont have a super bowl appearance while all these impact players are in their prime

TNew / Achilles? How are your parents doing?

M.O.T.H.
05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Do we have any news/updates on Courtney Brown... lets hope he's not another B.J. Tucker...just measurables.

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2007, 03:24 PM

your an idiot...i guess people cant even come to our own forum and ask general questions without someone trying to be comedy king of the week

ive been here longer then both of those people, nor have i been given the reputation of either of the two...

but i guess saying id be dissapointed if we dont have a super bowl appearance in the next 5 years is right up TNew's alley

Burns336
05-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Look at LongHorns rep... no possible way achilles ever gets in the green. He's so far in the negative after a day and a half of posting. Someone with over 1000 posts and positive rep excludes them from any sort of association with him.

robert_in_bigd
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
your an idiot...i guess people cant even come to our own forum and ask general questions without someone trying to be comedy king of the week

ive been here longer then both of those people, nor have i been given the reputation of either of the two...

but i guess saying id be dissapointed if we dont have a super bowl appearance in the next 5 years is right up TNew's alley

I am an idiot but you have a Ramonce Taylor picture in your sign-off?

Funny.

robert_in_bigd
05-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Look at LongHorns rep... no possible way achilles ever gets in the green. He's so far in the negative after a day and a half of posting. Someone with over 1000 posts and positive rep excludes them from any sort of association with him.

Maybe but IMHO I don't think so. 1000 post don't mean much to me and as far as Texas/TNew/Achilles/Texico most of the posts are similar enough to warrant curiosity.

Regardless, they can post as they wish. I am not into the policing thing some folks like to do. God bless TNew and all his aliases.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Carpenter lost weight? Thats not good imo. His weight was fine. He's playing inside, he needs some weight to bang with linemen. Just because Jamal Williams was leaving linemen off of the ILBs doesn't mean that it will happen in Dallas too.

If the ILB duo in Dallas becomes too light, that could be disastrous. I don't agree with that at all. If anything, I thought Carp should gain weight if he wanted to continue his progress at SOLB rushbacker. As SILB, his current weight was fine. Losing weight is not good for him.

Ferguson shouldn't have lost weight either. He was only 315 lbs. What kind of NT will he be if he's even lighter than that? All this weight dropping may be good for attacking on pass plays, but I have a feeling that your run defense is gonna suffer. Im not in agreement with Carp's weight loss or Fergys.

Spears losing weight is no biggie. He probably needed to. But Carp and Ferg needed to stay the same at the very least.

M.O.T.H.
05-30-2007, 12:32 PM
He's still larger than both Godfrey and Edwards... not a problem, imo at all. We have plenty of size in Bradie/Akin already... both around 250 now that Bradie cut some weight. I dont think it would be that great an idea to have Carp playing inside at 260. He'll be fine...

leroyisgod
05-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Carp will be fine after losing some weight.

thule
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Remembers Wade's defense is built to stop the run from the inside out...I highly doubt his players lost weight on their own terms...sure a couple of lbs. But if Wade is asking his players to tone up and drop a few...I'm sure he has an idea why. If our defense is weak anywhere against the run this year...I would bet that it's on the outside not the inside.

bigbluedefense
05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I gotta see more on this scheme. Most of my 3-4 knowledge comes from my understanding of the BP 3-4.

Lookin forward to analyzing it to death this upcoming season.

robert_in_bigd
05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
The weight loss will help IMHO. This team was slow last year on the D, particularly in the middle of the field. The only guy it makes no sense on however is Fergie.

D-Unit
05-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Carp needed to lose some weight to gain some speed. Our defense will be built of speed. We will be fast and aggressive, lots of risk and reward.

He's gonna be a beast next season... and thus... My New Sig! :D

LonghornsLegend
05-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Maybe but IMHO I don't think so. 1000 post don't mean much to me and as far as Texas/TNew/Achilles/Texico most of the posts are similar enough to warrant curiosity.

riiiight...obviously youve gotten carried away with the jokes and think your the board jester now, but if youve got me confused with those 2 then you havent paid any attention to my post...

but whatever makes you feel better at home...last i checked Tnew was the most ignorant poster weve seen, half the threads he was in i was in the crowd wishing he would go away, all at the same time...which all of those names showed up long after i had registered and been a poster here

its just fairly easy to recognize the people who are here for a purpose, either to contribute to the site and help out someone, or to learn, and the people who want to add some kind of enjoyment and excitement to their life

HEISMANHERSCHEL
05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Carp needed to lose some weight to gain some speed. Our defense will be built of speed. We will be fast and aggressive, lots of risk and reward.

He's gonna be a beast next season... and thus... My New Sig! :D

D-Unit,

You are one of my favorite posters to read, so don't take this the wrong way.

I think you are being a BIG homer on this topic. Has Carpenter really showed you that much? I was excited when they drafted him, but I was frustrated more and more each time I saw him on the feild. I thought he was out of position a lot, and he didn't seem to beat many blocks when I was watching him.

It is possible that I was expecting too much from a rookie. But he did not impress me at all.