PDA

View Full Version : miller off U.S. team.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/skiing/news/story?id=2868540

This is BS. They pretty much forced the best skier off the U.S.team just because he liked to get a little sauced up before his run to take the edge off. He is one of my favorite athletes, and I am very upset that he is done with the team. However, this does open up a spot for me on the team.
http://www.nrk.no/img/570864.jpeg

Lay off the guy he just likes to get buck. Can anyone blame him?
http://www.markdroberts.com/images/join-bode-poster-3.jpg

Sportsfan486
05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Now if only we could take him out into a field and put him down like an injured horse.. America would be a better place.

JF4
05-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I actually liked Bode's antics. He's the TO of the US Men's Skiing Team, if that means anything.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Now if only we could take him out into a field and put him down like an injured horse.. America would be a better place.
WHAT? Bode is a stud.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Would they have put up with Miller if he had performed at the Winter Olympics? You bet your ass.

fenikz
05-12-2007, 04:44 PM
the rest of the world wont catch up with America in extreme sports for a good 10 years so at least we will still dominate all of those events

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:45 PM
the rest of the world wont catch up with America in extreme sports for a good 10 years so at least we will still dominate all of those events

Que? plently of european countries are good at extream snow sports.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Would they have put up with Miller if he had performed at the Winter Olympics? You bet your ass.It's more of Miller didn't put up with them.

Sportsfan486
05-12-2007, 04:47 PM
WHAT? Bode is a stud.

Wow, I see now why you're a packer fan.
*coughmeatpackercough*

...and I'm a pack fan so it hurt me to say that.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow, I see now why you're a packer fan.
*coughmeatpackercough*

...and I'm a pack fan so it hurt me to say that.

Whats the difference between a fridge and a nonstraight guy?

Nitschke-Hawk
05-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I dunno why he had to do it at the olympics, if we wanted to party there he should've stayed or gone on vacation there.

Sportsfan486
05-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Whats the difference between a fridge and a nonstraight guy?

Are you trying to tell me you have gas right now? 'cuz if so, that's just not cool.

BuckNaked
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Bode Miller was entertaining. Bring back Bode!!!

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Are you trying to tell me you have gas right now? 'cuz if so, that's just not cool.

"Excuse me sir,your balls are showing!Bumblebee tuna?"

ironman4579
05-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Did you ever wish you had some roots in some piss poor hot country with no winter sports so you could be their representative for like, Luge? I mean, you'd be pretty sure to get into the olympics, you party the whole time, do your event where you finish last, party some more, go home.

BuckNaked
05-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Did you ever wish you had some roots in some piss poor hot country with no winter sports so you could be their representative for like, Luge? I mean, you'd be pretty sure to get into the olympics, you party the whole time, do your event where you finish last, party some more, go home.

You would have to train year round though, so that would suck.

ironman4579
05-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Not really, I mean, how much training can you do for something like Luge? I guess you could work out and stuff, but hell, we could all use that.

fischbowl
05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
His cousin just killed a guy. take a look on yahoo. somehow it made top news.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:19 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/25/fondue_coolrunnings_narrowweb__300x423,0.jpg

I'd be in like these cats.

BuckNaked
05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Not really, I mean, how much training can you do for something like Luge? I guess you could work out and stuff, but hell, we could all use that.

I guess you wouldn't have to for Luge. So you want to move to Ethiopia and start a luge team?

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM

What if John Candy is coaching you?

ironman4579
05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
No, but it seems like if you can trace your roots back to some of these countries, you're eligible for their olympic team. I can't remember what country it was, but they had a guy who was from Canada, never lived in said country, and was on their team because someone like his great great grandmother was from there. He even trained in Canada. He had never even been to the country.

ironman4579
05-12-2007, 05:26 PM
What if John Candy is coaching you?

Well clearly that's another story. But at least you could hit him in the face with a snowball and come to respect him, followed by an amazing turnaround that ends with the "slow clap" begun by your arch enemies as everyone comes to respect your courage and heart. It would be heartwarming.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Well clearly that's another story. But at least you could hit him in the face with a snowball and come to respect him, followed by an amazing turnaround that ends with the "slow clap" begun by your arch enemies as everyone comes to respect your courage and heart. It would be heartwarming.
Okay, thnks for the clarification.

ironman4579
05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Anyway, enough of the thread jack. If Miller had been a winner, clearly they would have put up with his partying.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:35 PM
oooooopps..

sweetness34
05-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Body is POS, that's all that needs to be said about this douche bag.

Edit: Oh and he choked in Torino after talking all that crap before hand. Also called out Lance Armstrong and said he cheated. Good riddance Bode.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Body is POS, that's all that needs to be said about this douche bag.

Edit: Oh and he choked in Torino after talking all that crap before hand. Also called out Lance Armstrong and said he cheated. Good riddance Bode.

pull up your panties sweetness. Bode is dank.

TCU
05-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I like this guy, he is so much differnt than every pro athlete, he speaks his mind and doesnt say only what he is told to say like every athlete in this country, he doesnt care about anyone else but himself and he does things his way. I dont think you can name me another athlete who isnt owned by anyone like Bode here.

Sportsfan486
05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I dont think you can name me another athlete who isnt owned by anyone like Bode here.

His money comes from entertaining people.

I own him, you own him, anyone who ever watches him owns him.

Just because he's a freaking MORON who thinks he can do whatever he pleases (oops, wrong much?) doesn't make him Billy Badass.

sweetness34
05-12-2007, 05:47 PM
pull up your panties sweetness. Bode is dank.

Bode makes our country look bad by opening his mouth. He needed to put up or shut up in the Olympics and he choked, making himself look like an douche bag. That and he was too worried about partying than representing his country. Good bye Bodie.

Vince Lombardi
05-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I like Bode and think he's a great skier but he always fails miserably on the biggest stages, so when it's all said and done the team's probably not any worse off without him.

TitleTown088
05-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I like Bode and think he's a great skier but he always fails miserably on the biggest stages, so when it's all said and done the team's probably not any worse off without him.

He won a couple silvers in Salt Lake, right? not too shabby.

BuckNaked
05-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Not good for a guy thought to be the greatest at what he does.

Vince Lombardi
05-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Not good for a guy thought to be the greatest at what he does.

Yea, for a guy widely considered by and far the best skier in the world over the last decade, his performances at major events have been very underwhelming. He should have been dominant the way that a guy like Michael Phelps has been for US swimming, but it just never happens. There are a number of reasons why, including his focus (or lack thereof) and his "balls to the walls" skiing style which often backfires on him by causing him to crash or get disqualified. Of course, it's that same style that makes him great, just not when it counts.

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 01:14 AM

For all the **** he talks, it's not that good. He's talented enough to win every event he does, yet he chokes big time on the world stages.