PDA

View Full Version : Mock 08

49ers169
05-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Here is my first round of the 08 draft:

1. Miami Dolphins: Brian Brohm, QB
After passing on Quinn they need a franchise quarterback.
2. Buffalo Bills: Jake Long, OT
Their line needs a boost and also to help protect Lynch and Losman.
3. Dallas Cowboys (via Cleveland): Darren McFadden, RB
Julius Jones is a good running back but McFadden is a franchise back that will greatly help Romo.
4. Oakland Raiders: DeSean Jackson, WR
They took a Qb this year and with Moss gone they need a stud receiver.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Andre Woodson, QB
A wide receiver could be a possibility but they also need a franchise quarterback to groom under Garcia.
6. Houston Texans: Kenny Phillips, SS
The Texans need help still and Phillips will help sure up a secondary.
7. Washington Redskins: Rey Malualuga, OLB
The Redskins start the revamp thru the draft and Malualuga will help beef up the defense.
8. Detroit Lions: Calais Campbell, DE
They took the receiver this year and passed up on a pass rush and Campbell will help the defense tremendously
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Lawrence Jackson, DE
They took Nelson this year and still need defense here but may take Brennan.
10. Minnesota Vikings: Justin King, CB
With Smoot out of the way they need a franchise cornerback.
11. Tennessee Titans: Limas Sweed, WR
They passed on Meachum and Bowe this year and desperately need to get Young help.
12. Arizona Cardinals: Glenn Dorsey, DT
While transforming into a 3-4 they are going to need a nose tackle. Although Branch has the size, I think he is to tall.
13. Green Bay Packers: Aqib Talib, CB
They could go a lot of ways here but cornerback is a need.
14. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, OLB
This may be to high for the Giants, however they cut two of their linebackers and Rivers will be a huge help.
15. Kansas City Chiefs: Sam Baker, OT
They missed out on a stud tackle this year and Baker will solidify their line for years to come.
16. Atlanta Falcons: Early Doucet, WR
They may look to go with a quarterback with Vick's troubles but they add Doucet who can learn under Horn.
17. Denver Broncos: James Laurinaitis, MLB
They added much needed help to their defensive line this year and next year go with help to the linebackers.
18. Dallas Cowboys: Mario Manningham, WR
Romo needs help with Glenn and Owens aging and Manningham will help greatly.
19. St Louis Rams: Antoine Cason, CB
Cornerback is a pretty big hole and they get a great cover guy in Cason.
20. Seattle Seahawks: Frank Okam, DT
They need to sure up the defensive line and Okam is a beast inside.
21. Philadelphia Eagles: Jared Gaither, OT
The Eagles could go a lot of ways as the receiving core is in need of an improvement but Gaither fills another big hole.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers: Steve Slaton, RB
The Steelers offense is pretty good but Parker is not Steve Slaton. Slaton will help Big Ben and be huge for their offense.
23. New York Jets: John Carlson, TE
They did wonders for the defense this past draft and now they can add a weapon on the offense to help Pennington.
24. New England Patriots (via San Fran): Paul Oliver, CB
They improved the secondary with this past draft but cornerback is a need and Oliver helps tremendously.
25. Cincinatti Bengals: Tyson Jackson, DE
The Bengals helped the defense with Leon Hall but Jackson can help the pass rush in a big way.
26. San Francisco 49ers (via Indy): Marlon Favorite, NT
The 49ers have made huge strides this past season on the defense but still need a guy in the middle. Marlon Favorite is a monster who can be groomed under Franklin and become a force for that defense.
27. New Orleans Saints: Dan Conner, OLB
The Saints could go cornerback with this pick but linebacker is another big need for them.
28. Baltimore Ravens: Shawn Crable, OLB
They lost Thomas in the offseason and need to add another playmaker and Crable does that.
29. San Diego Chargers: Michael Hamlin, SS
The Chargers helped their offense with Davis and Hamlin can sure up the secondary.
30. Chicago Bears: Colt Brennan, QB
This may not occur if Rex can succeed but I think the defense will carry him and Brennan will be the guy.
31. Carolina Panthers: Phillip Merling, DE
The Panthers are in need of a young pash rushing machine and Merling can provide that to Fox's defense.
32. New England Patriots: Jasper Brinkley, MLB
It seems the rich just keep on getting richer. They may not keep both of these picks but they are in need of a MLB and Brinkley will thrive in the 3-4.

Don Vito
05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Solid Pats draft, I would love for us to end up with Brinkley and Paul Oliver.

Scotty D
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Miami will give Beck more of a chance than that
Good Lions pick
Don't like the Dorsey pick. People will argue about value but they have other pressing needs.
Manningham and McFadden. Jesus

neko4
05-12-2007, 04:56 PM
okay pack pick

cardsalltheway
05-12-2007, 05:00 PM
The Cardinals already have two NT's, Kendrick Clancy and Gabe Watson.

bills_red
05-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Bills don't need a LT for the5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,000,000 time

JPF
05-12-2007, 05:33 PM
DE is possible for the Panthers, but I'd be very shocked if they were picking in that spot. Team has more issues than most people realize.

KILLERSANTA
05-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Great Cowboys draft.....

Turtlepower
05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Great Giants Pick. Rivers is a stud OLB who would have been the first one taken at his position if he was in this year's draft. Also, good spot for the Giants.

MURPHMAN
05-12-2007, 08:55 PM
DE is possible for the Panthers, but I'd be very shocked if they were picking in that spot. Team has more issues than most people realize.

Yep. LT and S appear to be big needs next offseason. Plus, with all of the backups being UFA's and Jenkins possibly being put back on the trading block again, DT maybe important.

LitoSheppard
05-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Lol???
---------------

Apriori
05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Miami will give Beck more of a chance than that
Good Lions pick
Don't like the Dorsey pick. People will argue about value but they have other pressing needs.
Manningham and McFadden. Jesus

This is true.

T-RICH49
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
+ rep for the Chiefs pick man

The Dynasty
05-13-2007, 12:52 AM
we dont need a CB. Winfield, Griffin and Now McCauley.

OSUGiants17
05-13-2007, 09:08 AM
14. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, OLB

would rather have Dan Connor, Larenitus, or Cason here

MNRunLeft
05-13-2007, 11:05 AM

The Vikings already have a franchise corner in Winfield who is 10 times the player Smoot ever was for the Vikings. They also have Cedric Griffin who was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago and drafted McCauley in the 3rd round this year. The Vikings dont have a need at CB and are actually pretty young at the position.

I don't even think King would be considered with Dorsey and Baker on the board. Pat Williams is going into the last year of his contract and the Vikings have been searching for someone to play RT so they would both be better picks than King.

Jimmy
05-13-2007, 02:26 PM
why are people giving us MLB's when DJ williams is a MLB?

Crickett
05-13-2007, 02:48 PM

The Dolphins just drafted a quarterback 40th overall.

3. Dallas Cowboys (via Cleveland): Darren McFadden, RB
Julius Jones is a good running back but McFadden is a franchise back that will greatly help Romo.

Yes, Julius Jones is a good running back. As is Marion Barber III. So if the Cowboys have two good running backs, why do they need a third?

7. Washington Redskins: Rey Malualuga, OLB
The Redskins start the revamp thru the draft and Malualuga will help beef up the defense.

As much as the Redskins were trying to get Lance Briggs.... they have London Fletcher, Marcus Washington and Rocky McIntosh among others.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Lawrence Jackson, DE
They took Nelson this year and still need defense here but may take Brennan.

Need defense? Alright, some reminders for people.
1. The Jaguars were second in total defense last year.
2. The Jaguars were fourth in scoring defense last year.
3. The Jaguars were without 28 year old defensive stalwart Reggie Hayward last year.

With Smoot out of the way? Smoot was a disappointment from the moment he got there and fell by the wayside last season in favor of Cedric Griffin. Combine that with the steal the Vikings got in Marcus McCauley and I don't see a need to draft a day one corner a third year in a row.

12. Arizona Cardinals: Glenn Dorsey, DT
While transforming into a 3-4 they are going to need a nose tackle. Although Branch has the size, I think he is to tall.

Gabe Watson?

The Steelers offense is pretty good but Parker is not Steve Slaton. Slaton will help Big Ben and be huge for their offense.

Parker is not Steve Slaton? No he's not. Willie Parker is a 1500 yard pro bowl running back. Sixth in the league in rushing. Steve Slaton can only hope he has that kind of success in the NFL.

Crickett
05-13-2007, 02:49 PM
why are people giving us MLB's when DJ williams is a MLB?

Because this year will be his first playing that position.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok Skins pass on Calais Campbell and Glenn Dorsey for Rey Malauluga right.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, Julius Jones is a good running back. As is Marion Barber III. So if the Cowboys have two good running backs, why do they need a third?

JJ is a free agent and we would probably let him walk

critesy
05-13-2007, 05:00 PM
redskins dont need a lb, they would definetly take dl.

Hines
05-13-2007, 05:25 PM
if the steelers didnt have parker
id nut myself if we got slaton

saintsfan912
05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
1. Tyson Jackson and Marlon Favorite will both stay at LSU, neither will declare after this season.
2. Saints dont NEED a LB. They could use one, but the ones we have a doing a damn good job. DT is more of a need unless Walter Thomas works out. CB is another need if McKenzie starts declining.

Hunter S. Thompson
05-13-2007, 07:10 PM
The Cowboys would get an A+ on their 1st round picks alone.

And if they did draft McFadden they could trade away Jones for some offensive line help or another receiver.

PACKmanN
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
i would rather let the packers take Paul Oliver instead of that CB you gave us.

d34ng3l021
05-14-2007, 12:58 AM
With the switch of the zone blocking scheme to a power scheme, the Falcons would take Gaither to replace Wandy.

HoopsDemon12
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Bills don't need a LT for the5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,000,000 time

THANK YOU!! jason peters is amazing!

princefielder28
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
correct need for GB

23trufant
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Pretty Good Seahawks pick. Will have to see if Tubbs is finally healthy. Seahawks lack a stud DT and go with the commitee aproach.

Caddy
05-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Meh, Woodson doesn't really do anything for me.

supermario86
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Love the Lions pick :) Calais is so great phyisically and should develop into a awesome DE. I just drool over that pick

Neo
05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
The eagles WR core is in need of improvement... why? its not like the eagles had the most explosive offense in the NFL last year... oh wait they did, Most yards per completion eagles... most yards per play eagles, most receiving tds eagles/colts, second in most pass plays over 20 yards to NO, 2nd in most pass plays over 40 yards to NO. (thats with much of the year played with a Backup QB, known to have a weak arm).

Crickett
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
The eagles WR core is in need of improvement... why?

Cuzzzz they replaced Donte Stallworth who was a big part of that "explosive offense" with Kevin Curtis?

Bigp5437
05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I think Curtis is a capable replacement. But how about we give the guy a year at least to actually PLAY for the Eagles before everyone says we need to upgrade the WR core. If he falls flat on his face, by all means say we should upgrade. Until then, can the mock draft makers look in another direction?

fischbowl
05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Cahrgers have E-Weds.

Bills are in no need of an LT.

21ST
05-17-2007, 06:13 PM
No way in hell we use a 1st round draft pick on a LB next year, we are either getting a CB or WR

aNYtitan
05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Pretty good pick for the Titans, however we could pick up Glenn Dorsey instead because this is Albert Haynesworth's contract year

WMD
05-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I Love the Lions pick! Calais Campbell would be my #1 player for the Lions.. I don't see him slipping outside of the Top 5 though.. and same with the Lions.

scar988
05-18-2007, 09:47 AM
WE DONT NEED A WR AND WILL NOT TAKE A QB EITHER. We need a OT, NT or SS.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2007, 09:19 AM
The Eagles will probably be looking S, CB, or TE in the first round of next year's draft, O-line is not a big need, not even a need at all. We may be losing some players there soon, but we have the depth to fill them up.

Finsfan79
05-21-2007, 09:39 AM

John Beck is our Franchise QB

neko4
05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

John Beck is our Franchise QB

Seriously, give Beck 2-3 years before you move on

Vikes99ej
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM

Wrong on several levels.

TitanHope
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
And we pick a Longhorn for the 3rd straight year!

But, Young hooking back up with Sweed would be nice. They already have the familiarity, and that would help make the transition to a #1 type receiver a lot smoother. I think Sweed at #11 is a bit of a reach, but it is a top need, so good pick.

Glenn Dorsey and Manningham would be solid picks as well.

Acreboy
05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
1. Tyson Jackson and Marlon Favorite will both stay at LSU, neither will declare after this season.

2. Saints dont NEED a LB. They could use one, but the ones we have a doing a damn good job. DT is more of a need unless Walter Thomas works out. CB is another need if McKenzie starts declining.
1.) Nothing is written in stone.

2.) Saints could use another LB if Fujita's #'s start to decline. He's getting up there but I agree our LB's are pretty damn good. I would go for a DT here.

I think we are set with Jason David and I expect Usama Young to be our future #1 and oc course we still have David Jones and Dathan Brown. I think our CB situation is stable but if we get a steal during the draft IDK how we pass up a stud CB.

Geo
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Good effort, niners.

If the Dolphins have the top pick, it would probably be Jake Long in my mind. But I think Long can play left tackle, even if he has to play right tackle initially like the Chicago Bears' John Tait. I like Brohm, but he's not an elite quarterback prospect in my eyes and not a better talent than Long.

Dallas drafting McFadden, I could see. Not only is DMC worth the 3rd overall pick, but Jones will be an UFA after 2007 and Barber III will be an UFA after 2008.

DeSean Jackson to the Raiders? Huh, that's interesting. I think they could address other areas though, maybe left tackle (Sam Baker) if Robert Gallery unfortuntely looks like he won't be left tackle they hope he can be. I'm actually rooting for Gallery, I feel sorry for the guy that he's had to endure the ridiculous coaching turnover he has.

Woodson to the Bucs? A new head coach will want a quarterback of his own, and maybe he looks to Brohm or Woodson. Glenn Dorsey would be tempting though, especially if Monte Kiffin stays on as defensive coordinator.

The Redskins taking a LB at 7th overall? I'm not sure I can see it, especially with the defensive line prospects available who imo are better talents.

I can't see the Vikings taking a cornerback, barring a considerable defensive scheme shift between now and then. And I'm not sure how much of an argument there is for King as the 10th best prospect in the Draft, quite honestly.

I can't see the Cardinals drafting Glenn Dorsey as their 3-4 NT. Not only do I not like the fit for Dorsey there, but they are more than fine with Alan Branch and Gabe Watson.

I like the Packers going defense and cornerback especially. Without much fanfare, Ted Thompson is building one of the best defenses in the NFC, but he needs to draft a future starter behind veterans Al Harris and Charles Woodson (who has trouble staying healthy anyways). James Stewart or maybe even James Davis might be tempting here, but I like this year's pick of Brandon Jackson and think he'll play well with the team (I also thought the 7th round flier on Deshawn Wynn was excellent).

Dwayne Bowe was the aberration instead of the rule, I expect offensive line or defensive line from the Chiefs in future 1st round picks under Herm Edwards.

Doucet to the Falcons? I don't know, I think they are pretty stacked in that area as it is. Granted the idea is that Doucet would be ready to produce like a top-flight receiver 2-3 years from then, and both Michael Jenkins and/or Roddy White could be allowed to reach FA, but I think the Falcons have needs elsewhere quite honestly. Maybe a big, strong, stout tackle (as part of the bigger and stronger Falcons under Petrino) to eventually replace Grady Jackson?

Okam to the Seahawks is interesting. A few years ago they drafted another run-stuffing Texas Longhorns tackle in Marcus Tubbs, and Tubbs was a key component in their (run) defense despite not being a pass rushing lineman in their pseudo-Tampa 2 defense. When he went down to injury in 2006, their run defense suffered for it badly. Now they are hoping he can return from microfracture surgery, but they did draft Brandon Mebane who I am a big fan of. I like the Okam pick, I can see it depending of Tubbs' health.

I'm not near as fond of the Eagles drafting Gaither at 21st overall, however.

I'd be surprised if the Ravens drafted a LB over, say, the Ohio State left/rigt tackle prospect Kirk Barton given Ogden's impending retirement. If he reaches the pick, that is.

I'd take Grossman over Brennan, quite honestly. At least I know Grossman can play in this league at a very good level, even if it's at the cost of occassional inconsistency.

NewAgePack
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
thats cool.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
24. New England Patriots (via San Fran): Paul Oliver, CB
They improved the secondary with this past draft but cornerback is a need and Oliver helps tremendously.

30. Chicago Bears: Colt Brennan, QB
This may not occur if Rex can succeed but I think the defense will carry him and Brennan will be the guy.

32. New England Patriots: Jasper Brinkley, MLB
It seems the rich just keep on getting richer. They may not keep both of these picks but they are in need of a MLB and Brinkley will thrive in the 3-4.

I would not mind to see the Bears take a shot with Brennan at the helm, and if New England could get Oliver and Brinkley I would be very excited. Although, Oliver may not be around if he decides to enter the supplemental draft. Good job with the three picks.

LitoSheppard
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
wow, pick 21 for eagles, and the pick sucks..

BufFan71
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
WOW, bills picking at 2??? dumb, we dont need a OT, we dont need anyone on the oline, Jason Peters is #3 Best LT, possibly 2nd best...in the league

if anything the bills will be picking around 14-10 area. and would be taking a wr or DT, possibly a TE

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:55 PM

We don't need a Round 1 Rb. Parker is a Probowler and has put up 1200+ yards in consecutive seasons.

Give Us Tommy Blake or Tony Hills