PDA

View Full Version : Sproles

remix 6
05-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hows his rehab? How long is his contract and do you guys expect him to get some work at RB even with LT and Turner?

I loved this kid in college..understand he broke his leg or some leg injury and missed last year even though i heard he was ready to play sometime during the season. I hope Patriots look at him once hes an FA to eventually replace Faulk

sdpads24
05-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Sproles will be fine. From what I have read, it looks like he is back to full stength and will have kick-off return duties next year with also 1 or 2 carries per game aswell. Turner is also another option as a kick returner, but proabably wont want to risk the injury.

JK17
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Sproles will be fine. From what I have read, it looks like he is back to full stength and will have kick-off return duties next year with also 1 or 2 carries per game aswell. Turner is also another option as a kick returner, but proabably wont want to risk the injury.

I wonder if AJ and the coaches trust Sproles enough to be the fulltime backup after Turner leaves? He was a pretty good college RB but the size will still be an issue...IMO he's gonan get a buncha carries just so we can see what he will do as a backup RB.

bantx
05-13-2007, 10:34 PM
i think he'll be a solid returner, but i dont know about 2nd string runningback

JK17
05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
i think he'll be a solid returner, but i dont know about 2nd string runningback

I dont know about it either, but he hasn't had a chance to show anything yet

DonWoods33
05-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I really don't see how he makes the team. Cletis Gordon, MT, and Cro can all return KOs, and he definitely had troubles as PR. He might get caught up in a numbers game.

JK17
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I really don't see how he makes the team. Cletis Gordon, MT, and Cro can all return KOs, and he definitely had troubles as PR. He might get caught up in a numbers game.

He'll make the team. Hes a better kick returner then Gordon, Turner is gone after a year, and although we've seen Cro return kicks it was rare, and he may only be used at CB if he can get the starting job...not to mention Gordon doesn't serve much of a role otherwise so all of those guys could either be gone/not returing kicks after this season anyway. The real threat I think would be Craig davis taking that role, but I still see a spot for Sproles on the roster.

Besides, we need a 3rd RB, we need to see what he can do for after Turner leaves, and as far as PR, he was a rookie and all indications last season were that he was drastically improved and ready to be a real threat there.

He'll make the roster.