PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Smokey Joe
05-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Lets say an underclassmen comes out for the NFL Draft, but goes undrafted, could he indeed go back to college and play football? I know you can do it in basketball, but not sure about college football.

Cashmoney
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
nope, there is a certain date for a player to be able to pull his name from the draft if he has declared but thats only if they havent hired an agent. Colt brennan of hawaii did it this year. I believe the date is in mid-january a couple of days after the final day to declare for the draft.

etk
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Not even the slighest chance...as long as the player has signed an agent or received benefits from an agent he's no longer eligible. Agents usually direct where players do their pre-combine training and preparation so all draft-eligible prospects sign one.

simms2clayton
05-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Aka Mike Williams.

moc182
05-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Didnt Charlie Frye do that? Wheres bf51 when I need him, so selfish...

LitoSheppard
05-13-2007, 03:32 AM
No but in college basketball they can, that's why some guys who aren't sure if there going to get drafted declare for the draft..but don't "hire a agent"

They can always return if they don't get drafted

OhioState
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
man, if only maurice clarret could have done that we would have won three more championships

Billingsley26
05-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Ya thats what Mike Conly jr and Dequan Cook are doing from OSU. The only thing helping Conly is that his father is his "agent" unofficially. He hasnt exactly hired him yet, but his dad is there to help him. I still think that Conly gets drafted.

Michigan
05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
man, if only maurice clarret could have done that we would have won three more championships

ahahhahhhhahah

Flyboy
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Ya thats what Mike Conly jr and Dequan Cook are doing from OSU. The only thing helping Conly is that his father is his "agent" unofficially. He hasnt exactly hired him yet, but his dad is there to help him. I still think that Conly gets drafted.

ConlEy has the talent to get draft in the top 15, hell top 7-8 as well.

benchod
05-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Apparently they're trying to modify the rules for college football to make it a little similar to basketball.

It won't be exactly the same, but the basic principles are supposed to match I believe.

And Conley is a unique case, his dad is his agent, so he technically doesn't have to 'hire' him, but his dad/agent could pay for everything and it wouldn't be in NCAA violation, leaving his eligibility intact. There's no point in him 'signing' with his dad to pay him agent fees in the first place, there no need to pay for that representation. How good of an agent his dad is another matter (for the deals he has to negotiate for Oden)