PDA

View Full Version : Favre asked to be traded!?

PoopSandwich
05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6805790

:O

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
What a little drama queen.

Moses
05-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Meh, I'm not sure I believe it.

princefielder28
05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
What a bunch of BS!

SeanTaylorRIP
05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Packers are doing him a favor of letting him play for as long as he wants even if they shouldn't.

skinzzfan25
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
LOL. Who else besides the Pack would want him?

Addict
05-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Meh, I'm not sure I believe it.

I agree, I do believe he's angry about the packers not getting Moss, but I doubt he wants to leave Green Bay because of it...

Moses
05-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I think this is a case of a story being blown out of proportion. Favre was unhappy about the Packers not signing Randy Moss. That's basically the only thing that packersnews.com is reporting.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070512/PKR01/70512050/1989

49erfaithful
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
i doubt he actually did ask

supermario86
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
What a little drama queen.

You guys are snobs. This is the best statistical QB ever and has showed so much dedication to the game for so long and now you guys are crying because he does not want to play for you. Why don't you show him respect and support him with whatever decision he makes.

Boston
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
You guys are snobs. This is the best statistical QB ever and has showed so much dedication to the game for so long and now you guys are crying because he does not want to play for you. Why don't you show him respect and support him with whatever decision he makes.

He's a Viking fan. He's now making up for years of embarassment.

Sportsfan486
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM

We will.

Of course, we'll also have to dump him in a vat of boiling cheddar cheese to perfectly perserve his body as a giant cheese stick before WE EVER LET HIM LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lod01
05-13-2007, 11:47 AM
He's a Viking fan. He's now making up for years of embarassment.

Favre will be handing the Vikings 2 more losses this year.

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 11:57 AM
This is going to be an interesting summer to say the least. :D

Edit: I don't think Green Bay can exist without Brett Favre.

Number 10
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
How about....Favre for McNabb? At first it seems like a Madden-only trade but....I'm telling you I wouldn't be shocked. Favre tutors Kolb for a year or two, McNabb gets to be the treated better than crap again.

GB12
05-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I posted this in the Packers forum last night. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780 He is upset that we didn't get Moss when he would restructure his contract and it would only cost a fourth. I am pissed about that. Sure I like Barbre but I would much rather have Moss, hell I would have gave a third for him. That being said I don't believe that he really wants out and am 99% sure he won't be traded.

PoopSandwich
05-13-2007, 12:07 PM
How about....Favre for McNabb? At first it seems like a Madden-only trade but....I'm telling you I wouldn't be shocked. Favre tutors Kolb for a year or two, McNabb gets to be the treated better than crap again.

You wish, McNabb has a good 5-6 years left.

Jim Jim
05-13-2007, 12:09 PM
He's basically just doing what everyone else in Packerland has been doing, sending a message to Ted Thompson that he doesn't believe in what he's doing. It's just when Favre talks, everybody is drawn to listen.

GB12
05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
After rereading the article and the article I posted Glazer is putting words in Bretts mouth. I don't think there is truth to this. Obviously Favre is upset, but I doubt he is demanding a trade. Also if there was that big of news on a guy that we idolize here in Wisconsin the local sites would be all over it, and they would have got it a lot faster than foxsports. Everywhere else is just reporting he's unhappy, if he demanded a trade it'd be all over the net, not just that one site.

Phrost
05-13-2007, 12:24 PM
It was probably some comment like "well they might as well trade me at this point", just a small comment.

someone447
05-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Ya, I don't believe he asked for a trade. He has repeatedly said he doesn't want to play anywhere else but Green Bay. If he was as upset as that article made him out to be, he would have just retired. Is he frustrated, who wouldn't be?

NGSeiler
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
We've received several e-mails over the past week or so suggesting that message board postings from an administrator named "DavidPHX" on Brett Favre's official web site indicate that Favre has asked for a trade. "DavidPHX" has been characterized to us by multiple readers as a long-time Favre friend.

In response to a rumor that Favre has asked to be traded in the wake of the Randy Moss mess, DavidPHX posted on May 5, "Sorry Folks but I can't deny this rumor. (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10511&start=0)"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting to say the least.

Sportsfan486
05-13-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting to say the least.

Reading some of the posts he made, that David guys seems like a crock.

songofthesword
05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I am not a fan of Farve, but I am siding with him. He has made enough money to ride off in the sunset and do so met hing else, but he sticks it around for the team, for himseself and for the fans and how does he get thanked? Baulking up the moss deal and not drafting any significant help.

You put moss on that team, it's a playoff team. was almost one ithout him last year.

like I said, i'm not his biggest fan, but if I am say, Carolina or Denver or Miamii.. teams a QB away from being a serious threat, he is not a sluch by ay strech of the imgination.

GB12
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I am not a fan of Farve, but I am siding with him. He has made enough money to ride off in the sunset and do so met hing else, but he sticks it around for the team, for himseself and for the fans and how does he get thanked? Baulking up the moss deal and not drafting any significant help.

You put moss on that team, it's a playoff team. was almost one ithout him last year.

like I said, i'm not his biggest fan, but if I am say, Carolina or Denver or Miamii.. teams a QB away from being a serious threat, he is not a sluch by ay strech of the imgination.

Miami is not a QB away, and Denver won't bench Cutler now, Carolina would take him but they aren't much closer to a Superbowl than we are. Baltimore would actually be the best place he could end up ifor a SB, but I highly doubt he's anywhere but Green Bay next year.

NGSeiler
05-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Reading some of the posts he made, that David guys seems like a crock.

He's the site admin of Brett Favre's official website. You think he's just making it all up as well? *shrugs*

ripdw27
05-13-2007, 01:24 PM
i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...

PACKmanN
05-13-2007, 01:50 PM
could we trade him to Dallas? I think this is started by someone to fast forward the offseason.

BTW, is Moss under contract for only one year?

GB12
05-13-2007, 01:55 PM
i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...

Ok, Tampa is in a worse situation than us, Cleveland is too and they just drafted Brady Quinn, and if they give up on Vick it'll be for a young guy to take over and definetly not this year. The teams that would take him are no closer to a Super Bowl than the Packers.

yourfavestoner
05-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Good luck getting anything but a backup gig on any other team in the NFL, Brett. You're lucky the Packers haven't had the balls to move on yet.

Moses
05-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Good luck getting anything but a backup gig on any other team in the NFL, Brett. You're lucky the Packers haven't had the balls to move on yet.

He would likely be a nice upgrade in Jacksonville.

princefielder28
05-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Miami could be a possible destination

PACKmanN
05-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Miami could be a possible destination

I dont think there head office could handle the boos anymore, imagine them wasting a second round pick and money on wasted up qb then spending another second round pick on a 27 year old rookie qb and then getting Favre.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
He would likely be a nice upgrade in Jacksonville.

no kidding.

If Brett Favre is traded I will do a ******* swan dive off the roof of my house.

Jim Jim
05-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Brett Favre is going nowhere. This thread will only turn into a Favre bashing fiasco.

The Jaguars have a horrendous QB situation and to say they wouldn't want Brett Favre is stupidity.

bearsfan_51
05-13-2007, 03:48 PM
no kidding.

If Brett Favre is traded I will do a ******* swan dive off the roof of my house.
Well that's reason enough to do it.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Well that's reason enough to do it.

Yeah, I know. When Brett Favre leaves titletown my life is basically over.

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 03:55 PM

Like I said, the city of Green Bay may never recover. Hell the organization may never recover when he leaves. Oh that would be sweet music to my ears. :D

Oh and for those who say it's not true. Jay Glazer is gods gift to inside info on the NFL (along with Schefter).

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Like I said, the city of Green Bay may never recover. Hell the organization may never recover when he leaves. Oh that would be sweet music to my ears. :D

Oh and for those who say it's not true. Jay Glazer is gods gift to inside info on the NFL (along with Schefter).

Sweetness, I think you may be the first person ever to propose the notion that Green Bay may be upset when their Hall of Fame QB retires. Congrats.

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Sweetness, I think you may be the first person ever to propose the notion that Green Bay may be upset when their Hall of Fame QB retires. Congrats.

Um they're going to be more than upset. People will be on suicide watch when he decides to hang em' up.

neko4
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Im way ahead of you, already started cutting myself!
it wont happen though and you know that the reason that so many fans not from the midwest became packer-backers was because of Favre. He was the Manning of the mid-late 90's

ks_perfection
05-13-2007, 04:40 PM
The Jags don't think there QB situatino is that bad or they wouldn't have passed on Quinn.

gbpackers0065
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
complete BS, he knows that a trade wouldnt be beneficial for him or the packers

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Im way ahead of you, already started cutting myself!
it wont happen though and you know that the reason that so many fans not from the midwest became packer-backers was because of Favre. He was the Manning of the mid-late 90's
Don't compare Favre with that chump manning.

bearsfan_51
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
complete BS, he knows that a trade wouldnt be beneficial for him or the packers
That's debatable, on both ends.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 05:07 PM
That's debatable, on both ends.
No, it's not.

ninerfan
05-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Sorry but maybe I'm an idiot

A) What team would want a mid 30's battle weary QB, who has questionable motivation levels and very near the end ?

B) What team would Favre want ? He clearly wants another title shot

I cant see any potential contender grabbing Favre for 1 or possibly 2 yrs. I cant see Favre going to a basket case team (might as well stay in GB).

Sorry Brett but suck it up either retire or get on with it

sweetness34
05-13-2007, 06:37 PM
So what would Packer fans think of him is this is all true and he does in fact get traded? That he wanted to get out of Green Bay and play for someone else in most likely his last season.

Moses
05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
So what would Packer fans think of him is this is all true and he does in fact get traded? That he wanted to get out of Green Bay and play for someone else in most likely his last season.

It's not going to happen. Basically a rumour that was blown out of proportion.

In the highly unlikely situation that he does get traded, the Packers go with Rodgers. I'm fine with that, as it's going to happen sooner or later.

bearsfan_51
05-13-2007, 07:05 PM
No, it's not.

Yeah, it is.

If Favre is that concerned with winning now, which is basically all he talks about, it would make more sense for him to move now.

If the Packers are more concerned with rebuilding, which is what they are doing, it would make sense to start Rodgers at some point.

Jerry Rice going to Oakland didn't hurt his legacy in San Fran at all. It's certainly debatable. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, I don't think it will, but there are a lot of reasons why it could.

BlindSite
05-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't get what this man is thinking some times.

Boston
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't get what this man is thinking some times.

I don't either. Why would he ever start 200+ consecutive games at QB?

neko4
05-13-2007, 07:45 PM
NE-Has Brady
NYJ-Pennington and Clemens
MIA-Beck and Culpepper, and MIA is a little worse than GB
BUF-JP Losman, and arent that much better than GB

BAL-Boller and McNair
CIN-Palmer
CLE-Quinn, Frye, and Anderson. Team also isnt up to par w/ GB
PIT-Roethlisburger and Batch

IND-Sorgi
HOU-Schaub, no O-Line
TEN-Young
JAC-Leftwich and Garrad are going to get thier final shot

SD-Rivers
KC-Green?, Croyle, and Huard
OAK-Russell, no o-line
DEN-Cutler

PHI-McNabb, Kolb
WAS-Campbell, didnt do as good as GB either
DAL-Romo
NYG-Manning

CHI-GB wouldnt do this, fans may walk away
DET-No O-line
MIN-No top WR's

NO-Brees
TB-6 QB's already
ATL-Possibly, not as good of a WR core
CAR-Carr and Delhomme

SEA-Hassleback
STL-Bulger
SF-Smith
ARI-Leinart

Not much possibility of a move, IMO

Boston
05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Sorry but maybe I'm an idiot

A) What team would want a mid 30's battle weary QB, who has questionable motivation levels and very near the end ?

B) What team would Favre want ? He clearly wants another title shot

I cant see any potential contender grabbing Favre for 1 or possibly 2 yrs. I cant see Favre going to a basket case team (might as well stay in GB).

Sorry Brett but suck it up either retire or get on with it

Questionable motivation level? What the hell does that even mean. The only reason he's still playing is because he enjoys it, and because he wants to make it to the super bowl. Pretty good motivation if you ask me. Do you really think he needs the money?

neko4
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Questionable motivation level? What the hell does that even mean. The only reason he's still playing is because he enjoys it, and because he wants to make it to the super bowl. Pretty good motivation if you ask me. Do you really think he needs the money?

The guy made a point though. Theres no top rated team that feels theyd be better off w/ Favre, he maybe be better than their qb, but they probably feel fairly secure

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I have thought about it and I have come to the conclusion that he isn't going anywhere, and he dosen't want to.

GB12
05-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I have thought about it and I have come to the conclusion that he isn't going anywhere, and he dosen't want to.
And it only took you what, 9 hours

SeanTaylorRIP
05-13-2007, 08:24 PM
No playoff contending team would want him, no team in the NFL in fact would touch him, just look at last years playoff teams:
Chargers:Phillip Rivers
Ravens:McNair>Favre, especially for the Ravens cause with their defense and Mcgahee it's all about ball control and not making mistakes, McNair is perfect for that, Favre would be awful for them with his INT's. Plus they have Boller and Troy Smith.
Colts:Peyton Manning
Patriots:Brady
Jets:Chad
Chiefs:Huard, Maybe could use Brett but at this point Huard>Favre, considering he would have to learn a new offense new teammates etc.
Bears:Rexy> Eh I guess they could want Favre, the old version of Rex.
Saints:Brees
Eagles:McNabb, Kolb
Seahawks:Mattycakes
Cowboys:Romo, well you never know
Giants:Eli(sucks)

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:29 PM
And it only took you what, 9 hours

I was mad at first, now i have reassured myself that die furur is no sellout.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
No playoff contending team would want him, no team in the NFL in fact would touch him, just look at last years playoff teams:
Chargers:Phillip Rivers
Ravens:McNair>Favre, especially for the Ravens cause with their defense and Mcgahee it's all about ball control and not making mistakes, McNair is perfect for that, Favre would be awful for them with his INT's. Plus they have Boller and Troy Smith.
Colts:Peyton Manning
Patriots:Brady
Jets:Chad
Chiefs:Huard, Maybe could use Brett but at this point Huard>Favre, considering he would have to learn a new offense new teammates etc.
Bears:Rexy> Eh I guess they could want Favre, the old version of Rex.
Saints:Brees
Eagles:McNabb, Kolb
Seahawks:Mattycakes
Cowboys:Romo, well you never know
Giants:Eli(sucks)

How can two people make a triangle? Do you know somthing about geometry I don't?

neko4
05-13-2007, 08:31 PM
If the Bears think they'll see of the Grossman of the 1st half of the season then he aint going there. And like Ghetto said, McNair controls the ball better

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
How can two people make a triangle? Do you know somthing about geometry I don't?

And how is Mcnair better than Favre?

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:36 PM
If the Bears think they'll see of the Grossman of the 1st half of the season then he aint going there. And like Ghetto said, McNair controls the ball better

The Packers wouldn't trade Favre to a division rival even if they were going to trade him.. which they won't.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM

I concur 100% on that as well.

neko4
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM

Like i said, McNair doesnt throw as many picks.

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Like i said, McNair doesnt throw as many picks.

Ahh, it all makes sense now. So does this mean Favre is better than every QB ever, save Marino, because he's thrown more TD's? Terrible arguement, but I suppose that should go without saying.

yourfavestoner
05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
To anybody saying that Favre would be an upgrade to the Jacksonville roster:you make me want to burn my eyes out so I don't have to read such stupidity anymore.

We already have one Captain Turnover on our team (David Garrard). We don't need another one; one that's 243958 years old at that.

PoopSandwich
05-13-2007, 08:43 PM

Theres also a huge difference between AFC North and NFC North, but I agree with what you are saying and what you mean :)

TitleTown088
To anybody saying that Favre would be an upgrade to the Jacksonville roster:you make me want to burn my eyes out so I don't have to read such stupidity anymore.

We already have one Captain Turnover on our team (David Garrard). We don't need another one; one that's 243958 years old at that.
Oh dear god. I'd take Favre over those two chumps down in Jacksonville even if he was 243958 years old.

Shiver
My Dad thinks Atlanta should trade for him.

iloxygenil
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
LOL Shiv =) I was thinking if this Vick thing turns sour we should let him end his career where it started.

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Your dad's a smart man.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Your dad should think Atlanta shoudn't have traded schaub

neko4
05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Your dad's a smart man.

Are you supporting getting rid of Favre or are you being sarcastic???

Shiver
05-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Are you telling me you wouldn't have traded Matt Schaub for a mid-1st round value? Right.... Any smart GM would have done it. If this Vick thing goes awry, or more so actually, there is always Brian Brohm next year. I will take him over Schaub any day.

This is really off topic...

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Are you supporting getting rid of Favre or are you being sarcastic???

His dad wanted Favre. Shouldn't have had to explain that one...

Shiver
05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
My Father isn't a Falcons fan either.. LOL

jag
05-13-2007, 08:54 PM
There is so much homerism in this thread it's just scary.

GB12
05-13-2007, 08:54 PM
My Father isn't a Falcons fan either.. LOL

Aren't you in like Missouri or something?

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:56 PM
There is so much homerism in this thread it's just scary.

This thread is actually rated PG-13, maybe you should leave. Wouldn't want you to wet your pants.

jag
05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
This thread is actually rated PG-13, maybe you should leave. Wouldn't want you to wet your pants.

Wow, that was just... amazing.

Shiver
05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Aren't you in like Missouri or something?

Yeah, Kansas City area to be exact. He's actually a Bears fan.

Boston
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM

So it was a compliment.

jag
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM

lol, how's that work.

From Chicago initially?

Shiver
05-13-2007, 09:02 PM
He is from Illinois.

YAYareaRB
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I know he's been a falcon before but it's just hard for some to see ol' Brett in another jersey.. At least, I can't see him in another jersey

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
He is from Illinois.

You're a modsky? Since when?

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 09:05 PM
IF Favre was traded to Atlanta my Falcons Favre jersey would still work.

Shiver
05-13-2007, 09:06 PM
You're a modsky? Since when?

Not to long ago. Ward recruited me before he left. I had previously turned down a couple offers.

Eagles own the NFC East
05-13-2007, 09:10 PM
LONGSHOT trade idea not saying I would like it or think it will happen just a thought.

Green Bay receives:
Donovan McNabb

Philadelphia receives:
Brett Farve
2nd round pick

Think about it, Farve was tutored by Andy Reid, maybe they swap QB's gain a 2nd round pick and Kolb learns from a HOF QB. Hope it doesn't happen cuz I love McNabb though.

neko4
05-13-2007, 09:14 PM

Sweet I have family up in Independence...anyway back on subject
I doubt Philly would do it. McNabb is the face of the organization, and if Ted Thompson wouldnt give up a 4th for Moss I doubt he would give up a 2nd and a QB for McNabb

Boston
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I personally like the idea of trading Favre for a six pack of Coors light.

GB12
05-13-2007, 09:16 PM
LONGSHOT trade idea not saying I would like it or think it will happen just a thought.

Green Bay receives:
Donovan McNabb

Philadelphia receives:
Brett Farve
2nd round pick

Think about it, Farve was tutored by Andy Reid, maybe they swap QB's gain a 2nd round pick and Kolb learns from a HOF QB. Hope it doesn't happen cuz I love McNabb though.
Nope, don't like it. If Favre leaves Rodgers needs to get in as the starter.

princefielder28
05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Nope, don't like it. If Favre leaves Rodgers needs to get in as the starter.

And McNabb still isn't 100%

The Legend
05-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Well of course theres no way that favre will get trade

but if someone had to i would say the raiders or cardinals "i dont thin JaMarcus Russell or Matt Leinart is ready"

then again it wont happen

but Favre & Boldin & Fitz & Edge thats would be nice

eacantdraft
05-14-2007, 07:19 AM
The only teams I see trading for Favre is Dallas (Jerry Jones love the big names and Romo is not a sure thing) and Jacksonville (Neither Leftwich nor Gerrard seem to be the sure answer).

The best thing would be for Farve to retire if he is unhappy and start a TV career.

Ted Thompson did not want a locker room cancer like Jake on his team and he should be commended for that.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Of all the guys believed to be trade able in the NFL right now McNabb is the only one I'd trade him for. Even though Favre is past his prime if you trade him for a few average starters or something people will say you screwed up no matter what.

portermvp84
05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Greenbay is Farve's home if he does leave he'll retire.

portermvp84
05-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I think now that the Packers should trade him to a team that could actually use him. The only thing is idk what you would get for him.

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM
ESPN.com says Favre has taken back his comments and wants to stay. Oh well, it was nice to dream.

Eagles own the NFC East
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
dammit ruins everything lol.

Sportsfan486
05-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Pwned.....

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I usually abhor Skip Bayless, but this is a point where I actually agree with him.

This is a little dance the Packers and Favre have done since Ted Thompson was hired and Aaron Rodgers was drafted.

They don't really want Favre back, but can't say that. Favre would prefer to play for a championship team, but would rather make the Packers trade him than demand a trade since he currently has such a sterling public image and doesn't want to hurt future endorsement deals, autograph signings, etc. when he retires. Favre has already hurt his image publicly around the league to a certain degree, but in Packerland he is still godlike. So much so that fans are more willing to take a players' advice that knows next to nothing about talent evaluation than a GM who has made a living at it.

someone447
05-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I usually abhor Skip Bayless, but this is a point where I actually agree with him.

This is a little dance the Packers and Favre have done since Ted Thompson was hired and Aaron Rodgers was drafted.

They don't really want Favre back, but can't say that. Favre would prefer to play for a championship team, but would rather make the Packers trade him than demand a trade since he currently has such a sterling public image and doesn't want to hurt future endorsement deals, autograph signings, etc. when he retires. Favre has already hurt his image publicly around the league to a certain degree, but in Packerland he is still godlike. So much so that fans are more willing to take a players' advice that knows next to nothing about talent evaluation than a GM who has made a living at it.

Or the fact that TT seems content to lose for a few years rather than make any sort of moves that could help the team. He is too risk averse. He doesn't need to go out and sign every free agent to hit the market like the Redskins, but a few players that will end up starting isn't the end of the world. People like Ryan Pickett. The Packers have so much cap room they wouldn't be mortgaging the future if they just do SOMETHING!!! TT is a great talent evaluator, I am not convinced of his GM abilities though. He seems he would rather start a bunch of second day draft picks than proven NFL players.

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
The thing is that Randy Moss wasn't a huge risk. They could have easily traded the James Jones pick for Moss. Is Moss more of a risk than a guy whose highest level of competition is San Jose State?

someone447
05-14-2007, 03:41 PM
The thing is that Randy Moss wasn't a huge risk. They could have easily traded the James Jones pick for Moss. Is Moss more of a risk than a guy whose highest level of competition is San Jose State?

I know, which is what I am saying. He was a risk, so TT didn't want to take it. He is a *****. Ron Wolf also believed in building through the draft, but look at when they won the Super Bowl, they signed Bad Moon Rison and Keith Jackson, both huge risks. TT won't do anything he considers a risk, and it pisses me the hell off.

bigbluedefense
05-14-2007, 03:50 PM
TT isn't gonna jeopardize the future of his franchise for an old whining qb who is just thinking about himself right now.

The packers are building the team the right way, and not overspending on mediocre FAs. Now the Moss thing, hey look, they tried. But Moss chose NE. How is that TT's fault?

If Favre has a problem with the direction the franchise is going, he's more than welcome to retire. TT isn't gonna design his entire draft around Brett Favre and appease his huge ego. He has to do what he feels is the best for the TEAM. T-E-A-M. Not Favre.

jag
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
TT isn't gonna jeopardize the future of his franchise for an old whining qb who is just thinking about himself right now.

The packers are building the team the right way, and not overspending on mediocre FAs. Now the Moss thing, hey look, they tried. But Moss chose NE. How is that TT's fault?

If Favre has a problem with the direction the franchise is going, he's more than welcome to retire. TT isn't gonna design his entire draft around Brett Favre and appease his huge ego. He has to do what he feels is the best for the TEAM. T-E-A-M. Not Favre.

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U

I seriously can't stand some of the Favre homers on this site, it's just ridiculous.

Boston
05-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Do you know how the Moss thing went down? Do you know why Moss went to New England over Green Bay? Doesn't appear that way. Moss agreed to restructure his contract for 3 mil a year. Hell, Favre even said he'd take a pay cut in order to accomadate Moss. The reason we didn't get Moss was because TT didn't want to guarantee all of Moss's salary and give up a fourth round pick.

princefielder28
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U

I seriously can't stand some of the Favre homers on this site, it's just ridiculous.

Well thats b/c you're a jags fan and you don't know what it's like to have a face of a franchise and somebody the caliber of Brett

jag
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Well thats b/c you're a jags fan and you don't know what it's like to have a face of a franchise and somebody the caliber of Brett

Honestly, at this point in his Career, I'd take Byron Leftwich over Favre, so I disagree with your logic.

And has it ever occurred to any of the people blaming the Moss thing solely on TT, that maybe, just maybe Randy would rather play in New England than Green Bay?

bigbluedefense
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Do you know how the Moss thing went down? Do you know why Moss went to New England over Green Bay? Doesn't appear that way. Moss agreed to restructure his contract for 3 mil a year. Hell, Favre even said he'd take a pay cut in order to accomadate Moss. The reason we didn't get Moss was because TT didn't want to guarantee all of Moss's salary and give up a fourth round pick.

WHO THE HELL WOULD?

What don't you get about that? Youre mad bc he wouldn't want to pay Moss? NOT ONE SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL DID.

Moss had his choice of restructuring for a SB caliber team, or restructuring for a developing team. Who the hell you think he's gonna choose? Please, GB had no realistic chance of getting Moss. And if they were dumb enough to pay him his Oakland salary, then TT shouldve gotten fired on the spot for making such a dumb move.

And Favre wouldnt have done jack. Please. He switches sides more than a bisexual hooker.

EDIT: I don't mean to come off a jerk here, Im just surprised at the logic of how this is all TT's fault.

jag
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
WHO THE HELL WOULD?

What don't you get about that? Youre mad bc he wouldn't want to pay Moss? NOT ONE SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL DID.

Moss had his choice of restructuring for a SB caliber team, or restructuring for a developing team. Who the hell you think he's gonna choose? Please, GB had no realistic chance of getting Moss. And if they were dumb enough to pay him his Oakland salary, then TT shouldve gotten fired on the spot for making such a dumb move.

And Favre wouldnt have done jack. Please. He switches sides more than a bisexual hooker.

EDIT: I don't mean to come off a jerk here, Im just surprised at the logic of how this is all TT's fault.

Awsome, +rep.

princefielder28
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Honestly, at this point in his Career, I'd take Byron Leftwich over Favre, so I disagree with your logic.

And has it ever occurred to any of the people blaming the Moss thing solely on TT, that maybe, just maybe Randy would rather play in New England than Green Bay?

But it was a financial thing for TT and Brett said that he would restructure his contract to accomadate Randy and TT never followed up

Boston
05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
WHO THE HELL WOULD?

I don't think Moss would have restructured as much for many teams in the NFL. Obviously the reason he wanted to restructure for NE was for a chance at a Super Bowl, and to play with Favre in Green Bay's case. Now, I'm going off Favre's quotes here, who has ties to Moss through his agent, but according to Favre the packers could have signed Moss for less than New Englad did, and Moss wanted to play in GB.

Basically, the reason alot of packer fans are mad, is because when you have the chance to add a playmaker such as Moss, for as little as he could have been had, you do it. Especially when we need another bonafide playmaker on offense.

jag
05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
But it was a financial thing for TT and Brett said that he would restructure his contract to accomadate Randy and TT never followed up

That's were I think it's just the media making a story out of nothing. If Brett was willing to pay for him, I don't see TT turning him down. I think it's just Moss wanting too play in New England, and nothing more.

ny10804
05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
So much so that fans are more willing to take a players' advice that knows next to nothing about talent evaluation than a GM who has made a living at it.

I could imagine Brett Favre as a scout:

[interview with a WR]
"Can ya run fast?"
"I guess."
"Think ya could catch alright?"
"Think so."
"Ya like to hunt?"
"Um, I shot a squirrel once with a bee-bee gun."
"Great, we'll be calling your name on draft day."

neko4
05-14-2007, 04:26 PM

And just how is Justin Harrell going to help? Doing what is best for the team isnt drafting a guy at a position where you already have 3 potential starters.
Favre's needs are exactly the same as the team's.
Favre needed a good deep target(MOSS). Favre needed a TE, but TT didnt grab Greg Olsen. And the defense needed a S, but TT didnt trade down or pick one at 16. So as of late TT hasnt done anything to help the team or Favre.

Boston
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
And just how is Justin Harrell going to help? Doing what is best for the team isnt drafting a guy at a position where you already have 3 potential starters.
Favre needed a good deep target(MOSS). Favre needed a TE, but TT didnt grab Greg Olsen. And the defense needed a S, but TT didnt trade down or pick one at 16. So as of late TT hasnt done anything to help the team or Favre.

TT goes for BPA. You know that. Why reach on a need pick? It's stupid. Sherman did that, and look where that got him.

neko4
05-14-2007, 04:29 PM
TT goes for BPA. You know that. Why reach on a need pick? It's stupid. Sherman did that, and look where that got him.

How would Greg Olsen had been a reach? Harrell wasnt even BPA, nor Jones, or Jackson

jag

I agree, any of your guys "need areas" would have been a reach.

Boston
How would Greg Olsen had been a reach?

I don't know. Maybe because he was a high second rounder before he ran his 40.

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 04:30 PM

We're merely being logical about the situation, and it's all because we're completely jealous over an old QB. Awesome point, man. You really know how to make a legitimate argument.

I really don't think if it matters that the Packers wanted Randy Moss. Randy Moss wanted to go to the Patriots. He would not re-structure with the Packers.

neko4

And Harrell and Jones werent reaches?

GB12
I would go on saying how you are wrong, but I'v e done that several times all ready. I'm pretty much done with this conversation.

jag
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
We're merely being logical about the situation, and it's all because we're completely jealous over an old QB. Awesome point, man. You really know how to make a legitimate argument.

I really don't think if it matters that the Packers wanted Randy Moss. Randy Moss wanted to go to the Patriots. He would not re-structure with the Packers.

Logic is quite amazing.

Boston
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780

People wonder why Packer fans get pissed when people whine about Favre. Most of the time, nobody has any idea what they are in fact whining about. Needless to say, read the link, you won't, and then argue your "point."

neko4
05-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Im not sure what to think about TT. He brought us up to 8-8 and is rebuilding the team, but with how the NFC is now-a-days I feel we could do things to make us contenders in the coming year or next year but he just didnnt do those things. (Get Moss etc) I still doubt Favre will be anywhere else

Crazy_Chris
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Favre just needs to retire, who are they trying to kid favre knows that the packers have no realistic shot at the Super Bowl. If he really wants to win now it would have to be somewhere else. The problem is all the teams that are Realistic contenders for the Super Bowl dont need Farve, as great as he is they are all pretty much set at QB. He came to the relization he wouldnt be traded to a contender, Hence why these comments of Favre's have been taken back as reported by ESPN he once again wants to retire as a packer

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 05:50 PM

He was always a late 1st. I believe you (or someone else) said this before and it's simply not true. Find where he was consistantly in the 2nd round or stop rationalizing it that way. He was always the top tight end, and as far as I've seen by about January he was always, at worst, a late 1st rounder. This was way before the combine. He basically ended up going where he would have gone pre-combine.

Besides, the combine is a useful tool to evaluate talent. You act like getting your stock bumped up by the combine makes you a reach. If anything it was Harrell's workouts that skyrocketed him from an early to mid 2nd to being picked at 16.

I could care less who you wanted to take at 16, that's your perogative, but at least be factual and correct about it becuase you're just coming off as a homer trying to make rationalizations after the fact. Especially because not a single one of you was high on Harrell pre-draft.

Boston
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
He was always a late 1st. I believe you (or someone else) said this before and it's simply not true. Find where he was consistantly in the 2nd round or stop rationalizing it that way. He was always the top tight end, and as far as I've seen by about January he was always, at worst, a late 1st rounder. This was way before the combine. He basically ended up going where he would have gone pre-combine.

Besides, the combine is a useful tool to evaluate talent. You act like getting your stock bumped up by the combine makes you a reach. If anything it was Harrell's workouts that skyrocketed him from an early to mid 2nd to being picked at 16.

I could care less who you wanted to take at 16, that's your perogative, but at least be factual and correct about it becuase you're just coming off as a homer trying to make rationalizations after the fact. Especially because not a single one of you was high on Harrell pre-draft.

Ahh. I forgot the Bears drafted Olsen. I was kind of wondering why there was such a lengthy response...

Late first, early second, pretty much the same thing. You have to admit that after he ran his 40 in 4.4 something he started rising up draft boards, as prospects usually do after running fast(er) fourty times. Yeah, I'm sure his other numbers helped him, but that 40 yard dash is what put him in the teens.

Obviously getting your stock bumped up isn't a bad thing, but when it is done primarily through a forty time, it should raise some eyebrows. Which is probably why he "fell" to the Bears at 31 when he was in the teens in mock drafts, which as you said, was where he was before the combine. If the bears picked at 16, would you consider it a good value to take Olsen there?

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780

People wonder why Packer fans get pissed when people whine about Favre. Most of the time, nobody has any idea what they are in fact whining about. Needless to say, read the link, you won't, and then argue your "point."

Of course, that's what HE thinks. He's delusional. Moss wants to win, and wants to be with Tom Brady. Favre sounds like the whiner, actually.

Boston
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Of course, that's what HE thinks. He's delusional. Moss wants to win, and wants to be with Tom Brady. Favre sounds like the whiner, actually.

I love that arguement. I've actually used it myself at times. Though the only time I use it is when I realize I really don't have an arguement at all...

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I love that arguement. I've actually used it myself at times. Though the only time I use it is when I realize I really don't have an arguement at all...

What? Because Favre is dreaming that they actually had a shot? Favre says "we could've gotten him cheaper." Do you REALLY believe that? Do you think Randy Moss would've taken an even BIGGER paycut to go to a mediocre team with an aging quarterback?

I love it, too. I love the truth.

neko4
05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
What? Because Favre is dreaming that they actually had a shot? Favre says "we could've gotten him cheaper." Do you REALLY believe that? Do you think Randy Moss would've taken an even BIGGER paycut to go to a mediocre team with an aging quarterback?

Green Bay's in the NFC, Detoit even has a shot. And did Moss ever say, "I WILL NOT GO TO GREEN BAY"???????

Boston
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Come on now. You don't know what Moss wants. Obviously any player wants to win, but there's more that goes into it than that. In this case, a chance to play with Favre. And Moss would have instantly made the packers a playoff threat. Do you really think Favre would have gone public about something like this if he didn't have anything to base it off of.

And did Osi Umenyiora say that?

jag
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Green Bay's in the NFC, Detoit even has a shot. And did Moss ever say, "I WILL NOT GO TO GREEN BAY"???????

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that the odds of Moss actually taking less money to play with the Packers, an average team at best. Instead of taking the money and playing for a top 2 QB, and a team that is an early favorite to win the SB is highly unlikely at best.

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM

What the heck do you mean? The Patriots are proven Super Bowl contenders, and three-time winners. "Detiot even has a shot"? Whatever floats your boat.

I'm going to compare this to LaVar Arrington last year, as I believe they are similar. The teams pursuing him were the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Giants. He visited the Jaguars. He had dinner with Del Rio. They apparently hit it off well. However, Arrington was set on the Giants. The Jaguars offered him more money, but he went to the Giants because he wanted to play against the Redskins.

Now, I don't believe Randy Moss was that set against the Packers. However, when a team like the Patriots makes a convincing offer, say bye-bye.

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Come on now. You don't know what Moss wants. Obviously any player wants to win, but there's more that goes into it than that. In this case, a chance to play with Favre. And Moss would have instantly made the packers a playoff threat. Do you really think Favre would have gone public about something like this if he didn't have anything to base it off of.

And did Osi Umenyiora say that?

It doesn't make sense. Why would he go the the Packers for less money? Randy Moss is about to hit the decline of his career. I think he wants a shot with a contender. The Packers could have been a contender (ouch, bad pun...not intended, honest) with him, but the Patriots are almost a lock to contend. Not fully a lock since no team is.

I think he likes Favre, and would want to play with him, but Tom Brady wins over the day.

Yes, Osi said that.

Boston
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
It doesn't make sense. Why would he go the the Packers for less money? Randy Moss is about to hit the decline of his career. I think he wants a shot with a contender. The Packers could have been a contender (ouch, bad pun...not intended, honest) with him, but the Patriots are almost a lock to contend. Not fully a lock since no team is.

I think he likes Favre, and would want to play with him, but Tom Brady wins over the day.

Yes, Osi said that.

Like I said, you don't know what Moss wants, or is thinking, nobody does. Yeah, Brady is the better QB at this point in there careers, but Moss respects Favre, and would enjoy playing with him. And yeah, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Patriots are a contender to say the least. As the Packers most likely would've been with Moss.

Pairing Driver with Moss would be a great, great thing for the packers offense, and team in general. Driver was frequently double, and even triple covered last year, but he still found ways to get open. Imagine what defenses would do, or wouldn've done, I think this whole post was in the wrong tense, with Driver and Moss.

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Like I said, you don't know what Moss wants, or is thinking, nobody does. Yeah, Brady is the better QB at this point in there careers, but Moss respects Favre, and would enjoy playing with him. And yeah, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Patriots are a contender to say the least. As the Packers most likely would've been with Moss.

Pairing Driver with Moss would be a great, great thing for the packers offense, and team in general. Driver was frequently double, and even triple covered last year, but he still found ways to get open. Imagine what defenses would do, or wouldn've done, I think this whole post was in the wrong tense, with Driver and Moss.

Well, that's obvious. Unless he gives a detailed interview, few will know what he is thinking. I'm just trying to follow this logically (yeah, I'm killing the word). It just doesn't seem right that he would go for less money to the Packers as opposed to the Patriots.

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Ahh. I forgot the Bears drafted Olsen. I was kind of wondering why there was such a lengthy response...

Late first, early second, pretty much the same thing. You have to admit that after he ran his 40 in 4.4 something he started rising up draft boards, as prospects usually do after running fast(er) fourty times. Yeah, I'm sure his other numbers helped him, but that 40 yard dash is what put him in the teens.

Obviously getting your stock bumped up isn't a bad thing, but when it is done primarily through a forty time, it should raise some eyebrows. Which is probably why he "fell" to the Bears at 31 when he was in the teens in mock drafts, which as you said, was where he was before the combine. If the bears picked at 16, would you consider it a good value to take Olsen there?
I would have considered it acceptable value, much more value than Harrell to be honest. I'm not against the Harrell pick as I've been saying (and was ripped for doing so) that the Packers needed an impact player at DT. I just have major questions that Harrell is that player.

I said a long time before the draft that Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis would have been my pick at 16 if Lynch wasn't there. It was good value and would have benefited the team in the short and longterm.

And it wasn't just a 40 time that "bumped" his stock. Again, you're either uninformed or being purposefully misleading to make your case.

draftguru151
05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Olsen wasn't the consensus #1 TE before the combine (or even after it) and had a 2nd round value. A lot more people had Harrell in that range than Olsen. There was a lot more talk about Harrell being taken in the top 20 than Olsen. I'm not a big fan of the pick, but the value was just as good if not better with Harrell than Olsen.

Boston
I would have considered it acceptable value, much more value than Harrell to be honest. I'm not against the Harrell pick as I've been saying (and was ripped for doing so) that the Packers needed an impact player at DT. I just have major questions that Harrell is that player.

I said a long time before the draft that Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis would have been my pick at 16 if Lynch wasn't there. It was good value and would have benefited the team in the short and longterm.

And it wasn't just a 40 time that "bumped" his stock. Again, you're either uninformed or being purposefully misleading to make your case.

Meh, right now the Harrell pick looks like a reach, sure. But, as obvious as it is to say, I'm sure TT knew what he was doing. He's a pretty good talent evaluator. I'm actually somewhat skeptical of the pick myself, but you have to wait and see with players that haven't played in a year due to injury.

I guess I wouldn't have minded Revis or Hall, but, I honestly can say I like the DT pick more than the CB.

Yeah, the forty wasn't the only factor that raised his stock, but it played a pretty good part in it.

GB12

When have you been rippes for saying that? I don't remember you ever even saying that. I was calling for the same thing, but I can't remember you ever mentioning a DT for the Packers.

As for the corners, I was against both of them. I could have lived with Revis, but still wouldn't have been too happy about it.

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Olsen wasn't the consensus #1 TE before the combine (or even after it) and had a 2nd round value. A lot more people had Harrell in that range than Olsen. There was a lot more talk about Harrell being taken in the top 20 than Olsen. I'm not a big fan of the pick, but the value was just as good if not better with Harrell than Olsen.
I don't recall many places that had Miller ahead of Olsen. Scott did have him to us at 31 a few times, but Scott was always higher on Miller than most. He was certainly the consensus after the combine. I don't know how you can say otherwise. Perhaps there was some draft nit-wits that wanted to be different but I'd bet good money that almost every GM had Olsen as the top TE on their board based on his measureables if nothing else.

I don't recall Harrell ever being above 27 to the Saints except a VERY few people that had him to the Steelers at 15. Scott's own rankings had Olsen 13 spots higher than Harrell, and at a position of bigger need for the Packers than DT.

You spend more time studying the draft and browsing the web than I do, but I think you're wrong here. Those that usually had Olsen as a 2nd rounder didn't have a TE in the 1st at all.

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
When have you been rippes for saying that? I don't remember you ever even saying that. I was calling for the same thing, but I can't remember you ever mentioning a DT for the Packers.
I was saying DT for a while, and was ripped for it. You are the only Packers fan that I can recall ever saying anything about DT. Go back and look, or find one of the Packers fans that stalks me and brings up anything I say that ends up wrong.

GB12
05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I was saying DT for a while, and was ripped for it. You are the only Packers fan that I can recall ever saying anything about DT. Go back and look, or find one of the Packers fans that stalks me and brings up anything I say that ends up wrong.

ny10804 was the only other one. Him and I were on the idea at about the same time. Everyone else was pretty much flat out against it, so you probably were ripped for it. I just can't seem to remember that.

someone447
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM

I was saying DT, but that was when people though Okoye would be there. I have absolutely no problem with TT's draft. He is one of the best in the business at that.

BBD, it is in no way jeapordizing the future to spend SOME of the money that the Packers were under the cap with. They had top 5 cap room, yet he chose to sign one person, a backup corner. They could have done something that had a risk involved.

I don't give a damn if Favre stayed or retired, you have to build the team to be competitive every single year. I liked last offseason, Pickett, Woodson, and Manual(even though Manual didn't pan out) he wasn't involved in a bidding war, but he did take risks, two of which worked out quite well, and the third which didn't. Hell, even signing Ben Taylor improved the team.

neko4
05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I was saying DT, but that was when people though Okoye would be there. I have absolutely no problem with TT's draft. He is one of the best in the business at that.

The way i see is that by drafting a DT, TT thinks that Bubba is a better TE than Williams and Cole are DT's

bearsfan_51
05-14-2007, 08:05 PM
The way i see is that by drafting a DT, TT thinks that Bubba is a better TE than Williams and Cole are DT's
I highly doubt that.

They probably just value the DT position more than TE. Which is fine. He's right in that regard. But I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think Franks is worth a damn anymore.

draftguru151
05-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't recall many places that had Miller ahead of Olsen. Scott did have him to us at 31 a few times, but Scott was always higher on Miller than most. He was certainly the consensus after the combine. I don't know how you can say otherwise. Perhaps there was some draft nit-wits that wanted to be different but I'd bet good money that almost every GM had Olsen as the top TE on their board based on his measureables if nothing else.

I don't recall Harrell ever being above 27 to the Saints except a VERY few people that had him to the Steelers at 15. Scott's own rankings had Olsen 13 spots higher than Harrell, and at a position of bigger need for the Packers than DT.

You spend more time studying the draft and browsing the web than I do, but I think you're wrong here. Those that usually had Olsen as a 2nd rounder didn't have a TE in the 1st at all.

Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.

bogart69
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
It is apparent that TT has not done what Brett wants, but from what I hear Moss was simply using GB as a tool to get some leverage with NE.. Which he didn't. I believe he only gets paid if he makes the Roster..Which was a much lesser offer than what His Agent presented to GB..

It also seems apparent that TT does not love Favre and will not bow down to his requests. But trading or releasing the Iconic Favre seems impossible. So TT just goes along with his gameplan of building through the draft and beefing up the Defense through Free agency.

marks01234
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.

I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.

Boston
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.

Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.

The Legend
05-15-2007, 10:23 PM
NE-Has Brady
NYJ-Pennington and Clemens
MIA-Beck and Culpepper, and MIA is a little worse than GB
BUF-JP Losman, and arent that much better than GB

BAL-Boller and McNair
CIN-Palmer
PIT-Roethlisburger and Batch

IND-Sorgi
HOU-Schaub, no O-Line
TEN-Young
JAC-Leftwich and Garrad are going to get thier final shot

SD-Rivers
KC-Green?, Croyle, and Huard
OAK-Russell, no o-line
DEN-Cutler

PHI-McNabb, Kolb
WAS-Campbell, didnt do as good as GB either
DAL-Romo
NYG-Manning

CHI-GB wouldnt do this, fans may walk away
DET-No O-line
MIN-No top WR's

NO-Brees
TB-6 QB's already
ATL-Possibly, not as good of a WR core
CAR-Carr and Delhomme

SEA-Hassleback
STL-Bulger
SF-Smith
ARI-Leinart

Not much possibility of a move, IMO

well i pick one team per group

Mia - Culpeppers Health? / Beck's Not Ready
Cle - Frye's Done Nothing / Quinn's Not Ready
Jac - Leftwich Needs A Good Teacher / Garrad's Not Big On
Oak - McCown He's Ok? / Russell's Not Ready
Was - They Wanted Quinn? But They Had Campbell
Atl - Vick Maybe Needs To Learn From A Pro? / Vick Police Thing / Health?
Vik - They Really Dont Have Anyone? / Jackson's Not Ready
Az - Leinart Better Of With One More Year On The Bench?

but this wont happen

bearsfan_51
05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.

Moses
05-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.

Favre definitely isn't the mentor type. That said, rookies can always learn just by watching a more experienced quarterback play.

Favre isn't going anywhere though. Easily one of the dumbest rumours of this off-season.

marks01234
05-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.

There are worst draft strategies.

Geo
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
It's amazing how the media overlooks how much of a turd Favre is. The Packers should fine his over-the-hill behind for every day he's not at the camp.

Good for Thompson for not slurping him up like previous decision-makers of the Packers.

I think it's more likely, in that scenario, that teams had Miller graded as better value as a (early/mid) 2nd round pick than Greg Olsen as a (mid) 1st round pick.

Geo
05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.
Ugh, what a miserable idea.

portermvp84
05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/10184956

There we can stop the talk of him wanting to be traded.

ks_perfection
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Green Bay should traded Farve a couple of seasons ago and played Rodgers. Taht way they'd know by this year's draft is Rogers could play and could have got Quinn if Rogers couldn't.