DE: Kalimba Edwards
LOLB: Alex Lewis
MLB: Boss Bailey
ROLB: Ernie Sims
CB: Fernado Bryant
CB: Stanley Wilson
FS: Daniel Bullocks
SS: Keynoy Kennedy

ain't boss an OLB? What happened to teddy lehman?

And good lord, that backfield worries me.

Notredameleo
05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
QB-kINTa
HB-KJ
HB2-Tatum/Duckett
H-back-Sean Mchugh
WR1-CJ
WR2-ROY
WR3-Furious Furrey
TE-Dan Campbell
LT-Backus
LG-Mutilator
C-Raiola
RG-Ramirez (Woody Released)
RT-George Foster

LE-Dewayne White
DT-Rogers
DT-Redding
RE-Francis
OLB-Lewis
MLB-Lehman
ROLB-Sims
CB-Fisher
CB-Wilson
CB-Wilson
FS-Alexander
SS-Bullocks (Kennedy Released)

Jagonsucker
05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
What? Kevin Jones isn't playing this season? No doubt he'll be the number 1 RB

QB-Kitna
HB-KJ
HB2-Bell
WR1-Williams
WR2-CJ
WR3-Furrey
TE-Dan Campbell
LT-Backus
LG-Mutilator
C-Raiola
RG-Woody
RT-George Foster

LE-Edwards
DT-Rogers
DT-Redding
RE-White
OLB-Bailey
MLB-Lehman
ROLB-Sims
CB-Bryant
CB-Wilson
CB-Fisher
FS-Alexander
SS-Bullocks

lionshabs
05-13-2007, 08:02 PM
What? Kevin Jones isn't playing this season? No doubt he'll be the number 1 RB

QB-Kitna
HB-KJ
HB2-Bell
WR1-Williams
WR2-CJ
WR3-Furrey
TE-Dan Campbell
LT-Backus
LG-Mutilator
C-Raiola
RG-Woody
RT-George Foster

LE-Edwards
DT-Rogers
DT-Redding
RE-White
OLB-Bailey
MLB-Lehman
ROLB-Sims
CB-Bryant
CB-Wilson
CB-Fisher
FS-Alexander
SS-Bullocks

I think it's the most realistic starting line-up but at the beginning of the season, kennedy will start at ss and bullocks at FS. Later during the year alexander will start at FS to move bullocks back to SS.

Iamcanadian
05-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Jones isn't going to play this year so you might as well not list him. I could see our offense with 4 WR's no TE's and no FB. Not every down but certainly on a lot of downs. As for the defense, I pray White is good enough to start. NFL.com list DeVries as our starter over him but that can change.

Addict
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Jones isn't going to play this year so you might as well not list him. I could see our offense with 4 WR's no TE's and no FB. Not every down but certainly on a lot of downs. As for the defense, I pray White is good enough to start. NFL.com list DeVries as our starter over him but that can change.

Also Addict, I'd just like to say you're the coolest guy I know

Hope you don't mind I improved your post? And thanks ;).

Seriously though... who the HELL is DeVries?

dreadedluck
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
IamCanadian I totally agree, Martz will even run that 4 wide set in the red zone, hope Kitna can find the holes in a D thats looking pass, sitting on routes, and with CB playing tight at the line.

detroit4life
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
well god luck for the defense having to cover both roy and CJ outside with furrey and macdonald in the slots they won't be able to double both roy and CJ and they will have their nickel or dime guys on furrey add that with bell's speed out of the backfield who we can run outside and this offense has no reason not to succeed

WMD
05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
this offense has no reason to succeed

I think you're missing a "not" in there somewhere..

detroit4life
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I think you're missing a "not" in there somewhere..

yes i was thank u

Iamcanadian
05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Hope you don't mind I improved your post? And thanks ;).

Seriously though... who the HELL is DeVries?

Definitely an improvement!

Jared DeVries is currently listed on our depth chart at NFL.com as our starting DE over White.

Michigan
05-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Definitely an improvement!

Jared DeVries is currently listed on our depth chart at NFL.com as our starting DE over White.

on nfl.com, all new additions are put at the bottom of depth charts until the preseason

iKNOW
05-15-2007, 07:03 AM
QB-Kitna
HB-Bell
HB2-Calhoun
WR1-Williams
WR2-CJ
WR3-Furrey
TE-Dan Campbell
LT-Backus
LG-Mulitalo
C-Raiola
RG-Woody
RT-George Foster

LE-Edwards
DT-Rogers
DT-Redding
RE-White
OLB-Bailey
MLB-Lehman
ROLB-Sims
CB-Bryant
CB-Fisher
SS-Kennedy
FS-Bullocks

On paper looks good, except QB. Stanton cant help this year and Orlovsky doesnt seem to be the answer either.

Iamcanadian
05-15-2007, 07:22 AM
on nfl.com, all new additions are put at the bottom of depth charts until the preseason

Not on every team, each team puts its depth chart as they want it. I'm not saying DeVries will be our starter but we listed him there. I think White will beat him out but you never know.

dreadedluck
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
With all the money White is making as a former backup on Tampa, he will be ushered in as a starter, I wonder why DeVries is listed as a starter, DeVries has been around like 9 years or something, and has always been a special teamer or situational player? You can bet White will start, you can't pay Edwards and White that kind of money and not start them.

detroit4life
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
it'll be white for sure and most likely Edwards unless IAF beats him out

dreadedluck
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Good to see we agree Detroit4life

Iamcanadian
05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
With all the money White is making as a former backup on Tampa, he will be ushered in as a starter, I wonder why DeVries is listed as a starter, DeVries has been around like 9 years or something, and has always been a special teamer or situational player? You can bet White will start, you can't pay Edwards and White that kind of money and not start them.

We paid more for Rogers and Williams and we didn't start them. Even if we start them, can they do the job, that's the more important question?? Tampa Bay had White for a couple of seasons and are in need of DE's yet they let him walk rather than resign him or tag him. What does that say about his potential?? He's average at best and not a guy who is going to scare anybody. As for IAF, he ran a 4.8 something and a 4.91 at the combine so I seriously doubt he was drafted to be a Cover 2 DE. I think he is insurance in case we loose Redding next year and as a possible replacement for Rogers should he not be in shape or effective in our
Cover 2. I'd guess Devries will be in the playing rotation at DE, the position is not a strength on this team.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
We paid more for Rogers and Williams and we didn't start them. Even if we start them, can they do the job, that's the more important question?? Tampa Bay had White for a couple of seasons and are in need of DE's yet they let him walk rather than resign him or tag him. What does that say about his potential?? He's average at best and not a guy who is going to scare anybody. As for IAF, he ran a 4.8 something and a 4.91 at the combine so I seriously doubt he was drafted to be a Cover 2 DE. I think he is insurance in case we loose Redding next year and as a possible replacement for Rogers should he not be in shape or effective in our
Cover 2. I'd guess Devries will be in the playing rotation at DE, the position is not a strength on this team.

Tampa really didn't let White go. White became a free agent and was going to make way more money than he did on his original contract and chose to go somewhere else to do that. TB may have offered him a contract, we don't know for sure. With Simeon Rice still in TB with a high salary, I would guess they wouldn't want to pay him what Detroit paid him. I would think Marinelli and Barry would know what his potential really is. They spent more time with him than any other TB coaches.

dreadedluck
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
White was highly overpaid and Tampa was willing to let him go. They replaced him with Adams in the draft an upgrade. So yes we locked ourselves up on a backup, IAF will almost definitely move to the middle and replace Redding after next year when we again will look to draft another DE. White was highly overpaid as a Marinelli guy, So while Im not pleased to see White here, he is sadly the best DE we got. IAF will sub in and play I think on some short yardage plays or running plays because Edwards has shown he is one dimensional and our DTs are always hurt or need a blow. Im not sold on IAF, it was a huge project pick. Make no mistake about it, the DL is very weak in the cover 2 scheme.

In the NFL money talks, when you are paid lots of money you are automatically started, Garcia learned this first hand from Harrington.(poor Mariucci) So when the Lions pay starter money to unwarranted players we make make them starters by default. Cant exactly sit a guy making 30 million for DeVries that has always been here.

woodnick
05-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Rogers and Williams started for the coaches that drafted them. Rogers was always a starter during the regular season in Detroit when he was healthy.