PDA

View Full Version : Ken Hamlin and Seattle

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I was watching the Seattle Mini Camp thing on NFL network and they had some very bad things to say of the Seahawks Secondary, Hamlin in particular, for 2008.

Too many big plays, poor safety play -- Hamlin main reason. For this reason they went out and signed two Safety FA and used their first draft pick on a Safety.

So what gives here? I kept hearing we signed another SS and now I am pretty convinced we have 4 SS on this team.

jdnoyes
05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Its always easy to blame the guy who is no longer around for your troubles (see Parcells). That being said I too think Hamlin is more of a SS than free. I know everyone thinks the D is going to be dominant this year, but I think we're gonna give up plenty of big plays as well as create plenty on D. I suspect some dominant games where the D scores TD's and we win big and some games where the D gets torched and we get blown out.

Really we'll just have to wait and see. Bottom line though guys like Roy, Bradie, Spears etc have no excuses this year.

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Its always easy to blame the guy who is no longer around for your troubles (see Parcells). That being said I too think Hamlin is more of a SS than free. I know everyone thinks the D is going to be dominant this year, but I think we're gonna give up plenty of big plays as well as create plenty on D. I suspect some dominant games where the D scores TD's and we win big and some games where the D gets torched and we get blown out.

Really we'll just have to wait and see. Bottom line though guys like Roy, Bradie, Spears etc have no excuses this year.

Funny, what you wrote just reminded me of the San Diego versus Cincinnati game from last year.

With respect to excuses, I hope so. All I hear from the players now is that. Excuses for playing like crap last year on D.

Best was Bradie James saying he won't have to take on as many guards in a one-gap 3-4 system. LOL. Made me scrath my head.

The other one was him saying he played poorly in coverage because he was covering the Tight End down field too much. That one almot bowled me over since last I checked that was Roy's job as SS and James did not do a much better job with the FB, All Pro John Carney!

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM

I know Hamlin was more a FS type coming out of college but it does not seem to have those skills. I hope it works.

Modano
05-13-2007, 02:29 PM
In yesterday camp practice Hamlin was described as he was playing with very good range helping the CB downfield.. But it's a long way to september...

robert_in_bigd
05-13-2007, 11:21 PM
In yesterday camp practice Hamlin was described as he was playing with very good range helping the CB downfield.. But it's a long way to september...

God I hope so. Seattle was so unhappy with him they ran him out of town. Maybe he will experience a new life.

Modano
05-14-2007, 12:58 AM
God I hope so. Seattle was so unhappy with him they ran him out of town. Maybe he will experience a new life.

Seattle had some other questionable moves too. Like drafting players in the position they already have stacked (CB and DT), giving a huge contract for a slot receveir/punt returner (Burleson) but losing Hutchinson, sending a first round pick to New England for Deion Branch...

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Seattle had some other questionable moves too. Like drafting players in the position they already have stacked (CB and DT), giving a huge contract for a slot receveir/punt returner (Burleson) but losing Hutchinson, sending a first round pick to New England for Deion Branch...

Seattle has been a bit bizarre too.

So Modano, what is the consensus on Mr Rice that you so eargerly sought?

Modano
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Seattle has been a bit bizarre too.

So Modano, what is the consensus on Mr Rice that you so eargerly sought?

You can find it by yourself, I guess...

robert_in_bigd
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
You can find it by yourself, I guess...

Lots of thoughts as I would have imagined. Good debate. I guess neither person is "right" so far. Let us see how Rice plays this year.