PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

DChess
05-13-2007, 04:16 PM
the beta was released and ign and others have tons of videos on it. this game looks unbelievable, they got new in depth things for your character like videos from the game you just played, and you can save some clips, more things about your live character. some new weapons and such, defitnaly going to be awesome

discuss

links:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/787/787729p1.html
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

JF4
05-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I F'N LOVE HALO. I think I remember Shiver saying he was getting the Beta, is anyone else getting it? A small review would be really great.

ironman4579
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I know I read that you would be able to review a game with your team, using all sorts of things like bullet time, camera freezes where you can actually see the bullets, lasers etc. Should be just awesome.

S4L
05-13-2007, 05:07 PM
It was just the friends and family beta that came out on Friday. Invitations were sent out to gaming journalists, Microsoft employees, and the like.

The real beta comes out Wednesday, for all the people that either won a contest on Bungie.net or purchased Crackdown.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Halo one will be better than any halo to come after it. However, I will probably end up buying a 360 just for this game sadly.

P.S. I bet I'm the best Halo player on here.... any one want to challenge?

JF4
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Halo one will be better than any halo to come after it. However, I will probably end up buying a 360 just for this game sadly.

I was a level 30 in Halo 2 online when I had it.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 05:15 PM
I was a level 30 in Halo 2 online when I had it.
I was 35...... no cheating either.

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I was a level 8, no joke........

ironman4579
05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I never played online, but I'm so awesome all around that I was awarded an honorary rank of 1,000,000.

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I never played online, but I'm so awesome all around that I was awarded an honorary rank of 1,000,000.

Wow, you must give a damn good blowjob.

ironman4579
05-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I cup the balls and everything.

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I cup the balls and everything.

Impressive, no wonder they love you so much.

Tobzilla
05-13-2007, 06:47 PM

I'm in the same boat as you...no future halo games will ever stack up to the original. I'll also be getting a 360 just for H3 (and GTA4).

Space Ghost
05-13-2007, 06:57 PM
http://pisarek.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/nerds.gif

Draft King
05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I am the better of the brothers in Halo for my family.

Shiver
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm getting the Beta. I just hope it is better than Halo 2. I was once amongst the elite Halo players community, quite frankly, Halo 2 irritated everyone in that group. Most of the "pros" only played it for money, not for the love of the game like the first game's MP.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm getting the Beta. I just hope it is better than Halo 2. I was once amongst the elite Halo players community, quite frankly, Halo 2 irritated everyone in that group. Most of the "pros" only played it for money, not for the love of the game like the first game's MP.

The first Halo was so addicting it was scary.

Boston
05-13-2007, 08:21 PM
http://pisarek.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/nerds.gif

Cute. He's trying to remain as cool as possible on an internet forum.

Space Ghost
05-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Cute. He's trying to remain as cool as possible on an internet forum.

Honestly, I hate Halo and while it isn't just for nerds, all nerds love it. I never really got into Halo at all. The game I've spent the most time playing is definitely any version of BattleToads or Mortal Kombat. I don't really like new gen games much. I prefer my NES and SEGA, thanks.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Honestly, I hate Halo and while it isn't just for nerds, all nerds love it. I never really got into Halo at all. The game I've spent the most time playing is definitely any version of BattleToads or Mortal Kombat. I don't really like new gen games much. I prefer my NES and SEGA, thanks.

Nerds hate halo unless it's on PC. They especially hate Halo 2.

Shane P. Hallam
05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I've never played it, but I do have money down and it is paid off. So, I guess I can get crushed by all of you :)

Shiver
05-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I think it is safe to say that I am the best Halo player here. Unless someone else has played with all the top players, and was once in the top-10 in the Team Slayer rankings...

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I think it is safe to say that I am the best Halo player here. Unless someone else has played with all the top players, and was once in the top-10 in the Team Slayer rankings...

In case you were wondering, there is a world outside of your parents basement.

jk, I <3 you shiver

Shiver
05-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I played way too much. Though a lot of it is just natural. I can pick up any FPS and play at a solid level.

BuckNaked
05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I played way too much. Though a lot of it is just natural. I can pick up any FPS and play at a solid level.

It takes me months to get good at any of those.

TitleTown088
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM

I'll play ya.

Smokey Joe
05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I am thinking about buying an xbox360 just for this game...

I did buy an xbox before just for halo 1 + 2

Shiver
05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I am thinking about buying an xbox360 just for this game...

I did buy an xbox before just for halo 1 + 2

There are plenty of great games on the 360, besides Halo.

Smokey Joe
05-13-2007, 10:49 PM
There are plenty of great games on the 360, besides Halo.

I know, but Halo is THE game.

Tobzilla
05-13-2007, 11:02 PM
while we're on the subject - does anybody have a 2 month free live subscription they aren't using?

DChess
05-13-2007, 11:04 PM

damn, if you really are that good, did you go pro, or play for money

also when the new one comes out, lets play, you me titletown and whoever else

and damn shiver, your really that good

Smokey Joe
05-13-2007, 11:05 PM
When is Halo 3 supposed to come out? Summer or Fall?

Smokey Joe
05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I used to be really good at Halo, but I stopped playing for a while, and when I started to play again, I wasn't the same. Either that, or everyone else got better.

Shiver
05-13-2007, 11:08 PM
damn, if you really are that good, did you go pro, or play for money

also when the new one comes out, lets play, you me titletown and whoever else

and damn shiver, your really that good

No I never won any money. Only the top-20 or so players win money. They keep a close knit group of elite players, and it tends to be the usual suspects who win tournaments. I've played with, and against, all of the top players though.

DChess
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
No I never won any money. Only the top-20 or so players win money. They keep a close knit group of elite players, and it tends to be the usual suspects who win tournaments. I've played with, and against, all of the top players though.

wow, thats nuts, i take it ur level was 50. also what sucks about getting that high in rankings is that everybody either hosts or bridges. its so ***, tell me you didnt do that. also are they going to make it so you cant do that in the new one, anyone know.

DChess
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I used to be really good at Halo, but I stopped playing for a while, and when I started to play again, I wasn't the same. Either that, or everyone else got better.

november..

Shiver
05-13-2007, 11:26 PM
wow, thats nuts, i take it ur level was 50. also what sucks about getting that high in rankings is that everybody either hosts or bridges. its so ***, tell me you didnt do that. also are they going to make it so you cant do that in the new one, anyone know.

Everyone that was legitimately good on the competitive level stopped playing matchmaking long before the mods, standby and bridging took over. The game types were not set up in an intelligent manner for balanced play in the first place. At the upper levels it was exclusively BR start, no radar, on small-mid sized maps.

DChess
05-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Everyone that was legitimately good on the competitive level stopped playing matchmaking long before the mods, standby and bridging took over. The game types were not set up in an intelligent manner for balanced play in the first place. At the upper levels it was exclusively BR start, no radar, on small-mid sized maps.

i gotta play with you in the beginning so i dont take away from your ranking but we cans till win together

Tubby
05-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I have the beta, so once it comes out if we want to make a NFLDC party I'd be game

draftguru151
05-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Shiver once Halo 3 comes out you and me are throwing it down.

I never got into Halo 2, but I got pretty ridiculous at the first one.

Shiver
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Halo 1 dominated my life. I learned every trick in the book, every nuance, every strategy. I never had the best pistol, but I could hold my own.

Borat
05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on the beta.

Just wondering ... I got into the beta via the "rule of 3" and received an email confirmation shortly thereafter. I've since received NO further correspondence from Bungie. Did anyone else get in via this route and if so, were you notified recently about the beta release?

draftguru151
05-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Halo 1 dominated my life. I learned every trick in the book, every nuance, every strategy. I never had the best pistol, but I could hold my own.

Yea, 8th and 9th grade I played a ridiculous amount. I played it online through the lan thing, but when my brother went to college I didn't play as much and never got into 2 since I didn't have live.

AdrianWilson12
05-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Do you lot really think Halo 1 muiltiplayer and gameplay was better than Halo 2? Yeah you have sidewinder and that place with the levels and 2 sides (can't remember its name, but the maps on Halo 2 are a lot more diverse and extensive. I admit duel wielding took some of the edge off if, but the extra variety of weapons and vehicals made it so much better. I think the problem was that Halo 2 wasn't that much markably better than Halo 1, that it was disappointing, but it was still a progression.

I'm not arguing about the single player. Halo 1 had a so much better storylines and well designed missions than Halo 2. On a side note did anyone complete Halo 2 on legendary on their own? Myself, being mediocre, can't see how anyone could be good enough to do it. I did missions 2 and 3 with someone else, but every other one we didn't have a chance.

Also what sort of things are people hoping for for Halo 3. I know there was a thread a few months ago where we were talking about it.

Shiver
05-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you lot really think Halo 1 muiltiplayer and gameplay was better than Halo 2? Yeah you have sidewinder and that place with the levels and 2 sides (can't remember its name, but the maps on Halo 2 are a lot more diverse and extensive. I admit duel wielding took some of the edge off if, but the extra variety of weapons and vehicals made it so much better. I think the problem was that Halo 2 wasn't that much markably better than Halo 1, that it was disappointing, but it was still a progression.

I'm not arguing about the single player. Halo 1 had a so much better storylines and well designed missions than Halo 2. On a side note did anyone complete Halo 2 on legendary on their own? Myself, being mediocre, can't see how anyone could be good enough to do it. I did missions 2 and 3 with someone else, but every other one we didn't have a chance.

Also what sort of things are people hoping for for Halo 3. I know there was a thread a few months ago where we were talking about it.

The MP in Halo 1 was much more balanced, fair, and conversely fun than Halo 2. I could go on a Toonster-esque rant about it if I chose too, but I have bigger fish to fry.

DChess
05-14-2007, 10:42 PM
The MP in Halo 1 was much more balanced, fair, and conversely fun than Halo 2. I could go on a Toonster-esque rant about it if I chose too, but I have bigger fish to fry.

once you get it, you better tell me how it is