PDA

View Full Version : Official Fire Sam Perlozzo Thread

dcarey20
05-13-2007, 07:25 PM
This has nothing to do with Ravens football, but I just need to vent my frustration about the worst manager in Major League Baseball.

Fire Sam Perlozzo!

jkpigskin
05-14-2007, 06:09 PM
sammys a good guy, but i dont think he's fit for a head coaching job
add me to the list

mikehop05
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
i cant believe he yanked gunthrie

though i wont call for his firing yet, overall i feel that our team is playing at a consistently higher level than last year, if we can break 500 for the season, and then bring in texeria from texas for next year...

we may, just may... possibly, be contenders again?

EdReedUnstoppable
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I call for the firing of Sam Perlozzo and the trading of Jay Gibbons, and Melvin Mora.

BigDawg819
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
I keep hearing all this support for Sam since he's a nice guy but nice guys don't win baseball games! He's made crucial errors this year that have cost us wins and its revolting. Using Bradford and Walker against Ortiz and Ramirez in the game in Baltimore that the pen blew when the stats show they are hitting well over .500 against them, his refusal to play small ball, the sheer fact that Patterson only has 8 stolen base attempts, his over working the bullpen, using Ray in non closing situations and for 2 innings, and the nail in the coffin, pulling Guthrie after he had 3 hit the best team in baseball over 8 and a third innings and all the while only throwing 91 pitches! Not only does Perlozzo need to go but the whole coaching staff with the only exception maybe Mazzone. Perlozzo and his crew are a holdover of this era of mediocrity that has engulfed us and a nice quiet guy ain't getting it done. We need to go old school, back to the Oriole Way, back to a guy with the temperment of a Earl Weaver who isn't scared to yell at these candyasses when they're not playing the game the way it needs to be played! I nominate me for the job and ERU as my bench coach, and we promise that we will right this sinking ship and make the O's the dominate franchise that they are supposed to be.

Ravens1991
05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Melvin Mora wife had like 5-lets once.

fischbowl
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Trade Kevin Millar thread?

fischbowl
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I keep hearing all this support for Sam since he's a nice guy but nice guys don't win baseball games! He's made crucial errors this year that have cost us wins and its revolting. Using Bradford and Walker against Ortiz and Ramirez in the game in Baltimore that the pen blew when the stats show they are hitting well over .500 against them, his refusal to play small ball, the sheer fact that Patterson only has 8 stolen base attempts, his over working the bullpen, using Ray in non closing situations and for 2 innings, and the nail in the coffin, pulling Guthrie after he had 3 hit the best team in baseball over 8 and a third innings and all the while only throwing 91 pitches! Not only does Perlozzo need to go but the whole coaching staff with the only exception maybe Mazzone. Perlozzo and his crew are a holdover of this era of mediocrity that has engulfed us and a nice quiet guy ain't getting it done. We need to go old school, back to the Oriole Way, back to a guy with the temperment of a Earl Weaver who isn't scared to yell at these candyasses when they're not playing the game the way it needs to be played! I nominate me for the job and ERU as my bench coach, and we promise that we will right this sinking ship and make the O's the dominate franchise that they are supposed to be.

I best at least get a scout job in your situation!

BigDawg819
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I best at least get a scout job in your situation!

I'll see what I can do......

Ravens1991
05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Has anybody noticed when the Red Sox come to town there are as many or more Red-sox fans then Orioles fans?

mikehop05
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Has anybody noticed when the Red Sox come to town there are as many or more Red-sox fans then Orioles fans?

yeah i dont like the feeling that im the underdog in my own stadium

dcarey20
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM

there are definitely more....everyone is a bandwagon yankee or redsock fan.

as for perlozzo, nice guy, but the only good thing he has ever done is pursuade leo mazzone to come to bmore.

Ravens1991
05-15-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah i dont like the feeling that im the underdog in my own stadium

I know how you feel, my dad friend has tickets for the front section 3rd base line and you are basically going to Boston with O's gear.

mikehop05
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah and the thing is, they are all people that live in Baltimore too

traitors

Ravens1991
05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
ouch are you sure about that, because I went there one time and they all had a cute little chant for some 3rd baseman dude I think when ever he got a out or made a play. It is a sad thing.

I could understand growing up in Boston then moving to get a job but having a 17 year old kid who grew up in Baltimore his whole life claim he waited his whole life to see the Red sox break the curse is lame.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 08:54 AM
While I hate to see Camden Yards being overtaken by Red Sox fans, I do love the energy that is at the yard for those series. Granted if we were both in pennant contention it would be insane but for what it is its still electric. I remember going to a Red Sox/O's game in 2004 with my bud who is a Sox fan and it was crazy. He was born and raised in Massachusetts and moved here years ago so I don't begrudge him his allegiance to the Red Sox. Besides as long as the number of Squealer fans don't ever outnumber Ravens' fans in M & T we'll be ok.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Anyone think he is g ay? I'm serious. He and Mazzone are a little too close in my opinion.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Anyone think he is g ay? I'm serious. He and Mazzone are a little too close in my opinion.

Too close like they've know each other for almost their entire lives? No worse then Torre and his coaches....

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Too close like they've know each other for almost their entire lives? No worse then Torre and his coaches....

I know they have known each other their whole lives. Which actually adds to my intrigue. I'm really being serious now. They seem a bit TOO close and for some reason just by watching his mannerisms that thought popped in my head one day and it made sense to me.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I know they have known each other their whole lives. Which actually adds to my intrigue. I'm really being serious now. They seem a bit TOO close and for some reason just by watching his mannerisms that thought popped in my head one day and it made sense to me.

Well I watch baseball for the sports and the female reporters and you seem to watch it in a kind of "***** Eye" perspective so if you say so. But Jeter and A-Rod obviously are as well.....

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I watch baseball for the sports and the female reporters and you seem to watch it in a kind of "***** Eye" perspective so if you say so. But Jeter and A-Rod obviously are as well.....

That actually makes no sense. If you knew anything, you would imply that Jeter and Posada are, but you obviously don't.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
That actually makes no sense. If you knew anything, you would imply that Jeter and Posada are, but you obviously don't.

Doesn't make sense? Your come here talking about a manager being g ay and you want logic? Jeez watch the game for the sport and not to fill some sort of homoerotic fantasy there pal.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Doesn't make sense? Your come here talking about a manager being g ay and you want logic? Jeez watch the game for the sport and not to fill some sort of homoerotic fantasy there pal.

Not really a fantasy. I'd had that opinion about Perlazzo for a while now and never said anything. Figured a "fire Perlazzo" thread starting by Oriole fans would be a good place to bash him.

Anyway the logic is that A-Rod and Jeter barely talk to each other outside of the clubhouse. Jeter and Posada are the ones that are close buddies.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Not really a fantasy. I'd had that opinion about Perlazzo for a while now and never said anything. Figured a "fire Perlazzo" thread starting by Oriole fans would be a good place to bash him.

Anyway the logic is that A-Rod and Jeter barely talk to each other outside of the clubhouse. Jeter and Posada are the ones that are close buddies.

We don't dislike the man per se but just don't feel he's taking us in the right direction hence the fire him thread. Besides they're Yankees so I hate them all anyway so them being g ay is irrelevant.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Trade Kevin Millar thread?

HELL NO!

How about the "Why The F**K Is Jay Gibbons or Aubrie Huff getting PT over Millar at 1st? thread" followed closely by the "Because Sam Perlozzo Is A Clueless Jackass Thread", and my personal favorite thread "Daniel Cabrera Is My Favorite Oriole"

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM
HELL NO!

How about the "Why The F**K Is Jay Gibbons or Aubrie Huff getting PT over Millar at 1st? thread" followed closely by the "Because Sam Perlozzo Is A Clueless Jackass Thread", and my personal favorite thread "Daniel Cabrera Is My Favorite Oriole"

Hey Huff is more productive at the plate and in the field then Gibbons, Millar, and even that jackass Tejada!

jkpigskin
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
we dont like yankees fan
thanks and goodbye