PDA

View Full Version : Best 3 WR set (on 1 team)

KCJ58
05-14-2007, 02:25 AM
It could be the Saints now with Meachem (Holston and Henderson) or the Colts now with Anthoney Gonzales (Harrison and Wayne), also in the running Rams (Holt, Bruce, and Bennett), 49ers (Jackson, Lelie, and Hill), Patriots (Moss, Stallworth and Jackson/Caldwell), Lions (Williams, Johnson, and Furrey) or Broncos (Walker, Smith, Stokley)

05-14-2007, 02:31 AM
It is still the Colts.

Dam8610
05-14-2007, 02:48 AM
It is still the Colts.

As long as Gonzalez is decent. Harrison and Wayne are both Top 10 NFL WRs.

05-14-2007, 03:03 AM
As long as Gonzalez is decent. Harrison and Wayne are both Top 10 NFL WRs.

Go higher :D

Especially with Wayne playing on number two corners.

Dam8610
05-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Go higher :D

Especially with Wayne playing on number two corners.

I thought about saying Top 5, but that seemed a bit homerish.

bryanGENE
05-14-2007, 03:11 AM
its the colts hands down, but the cowboys should be on the list w/ owens/glenn/crayton

Mr. Stiller
05-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Wow..

Right now... I'm going with Proven 3-sets.. because i'm not going to put a rookie #1/#2/#3 over a guy proven.

1) Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald -> Anquan Boldin -> Bryant Johnson
2) Bengals: Chad Johnson -> TJ Houshmanzadeh -> Chris Henry
3) Rams: Isaac Bruce -> Torry Holt -> Drew Bennett
4) Patriots: Randy Moss -> Dante Stallworth -> Reche Caldwell
5) Cowboys: Terrell Owens -> Terry Glenn -> Patrick Crayton
6) Packers: Donald Driver -> Greg Jennings -> Robert Ferguson
7) Broncos: Rod Smith -> Javon Walker -> Brandon Marshall
8) Ravens: Derrick Mason -> Patrick Clayton -> Demetrius Williams
9) Jaguars: Reggie Williams -> Matt Jones -> Ernest Wilford
10) Steelers: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes -> Cedrick Wilson

Top 3 using Rooks:

1) Lions : Roy Williams -> Calvin Johnson -> Mike Furrey
2) Colts: Marvin Harrison -> Reggie Wayne -> Anthony Gonzalez
3) Giants: Plaxico Burress -> Amani Toomer -> Steve Smith

WMD
05-14-2007, 04:02 AM
Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams!

UKfan
05-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Wouldn't Welker be the number 3 for the Pats?

Caddy
05-14-2007, 04:28 AM
That Cardinals combination of Fitzgerald/Boldin/Johnson sure does look nice.

Sveen
05-14-2007, 04:36 AM
1) Colts: Marvin Harrison -> Reggie Wayne -> Anthony Gonzalez
2) Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald -> Anquan Boldin -> Bryant Johnson
3) Lions: Roy Williams -> Calvin Johnson -> Mike Furrey

niel89
05-14-2007, 04:56 AM
Wow..

8) Ravens: Derrick Mason -> Mark Clayton -> Demetrius Williams

fixed, a pretty ok list in parts

Jimmy
05-14-2007, 05:47 AM

no way is rod smith #1 on our depth chart this year

The Unseen
05-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Wow..

Right now... I'm going with Proven 3-sets.. because i'm not going to put a rookie #1/#2/#3 over a guy proven.

Top 3 using Rooks:

I'd love for it to be that way, but they are NOT #9. They are probably somewhere in the bottom-half to bottom-third.

Ernest Wilford is gonna have pressure on him anyways. Mike Walker and John Broussard look good, albeit in "underwear" practices.

iloxygenil
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow...the fact that the Cardinals were left off of your list complete just shows how irrelevant this is. Unbelievable, as far as Harrison and Wayne go...yeah...they're great...but Boldin / Fitzgerald > both of them. Harrison WAS better, but as the younger guys are developing beyond him, and him not getting any better than he was, I think Boldin and Fitz have passed him up. Don't get me wrong, I'd still consider Marvin Harrison in the top 5 or 10 but Wayne isn't on my list for top 10 WRs in the NFL. He can get there, but he's not there yet. So to say they are both top 10 is insane. Boldin and Fitz are up there and are both in the top 10 for sure, considering when both were healthy they led the league in receptions lol.

So, for once, the Cardinal's get a first place vote for something.

#1 WR combo / tandem = Arizona Cardinals

portermvp84
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Rams: Holt, Bruce, Bennet kinda hard to beat that.

Moses
05-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow..

Top 3 using Rooks:

The Packers are nowhere near #6. It boggles my mind how you have them that high.

Bengals1690
05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
NOt to sound homerish or anything, but how in the world can you guys go against the Chad Johnson, TJ Houshyamama, and Chris Henry triumvirate? The cardinals and colts are up there, but id still put cincy number 1

keylime_5
05-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Harrison/Wayne/Gonzalez easily. Three first round guys who are all absolutely perfect for their respective roles. I think Gonzalez is about a safe of a bet to not bust and be good in this draft as anybody. New England's is second.

PalmerToCJ
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
NOt to sound homerish or anything, but how in the world can you guys go against the Chad Johnson, TJ Houshyamama, and Chris Henry triumvirate? The cardinals and colts are up there, but id still put cincy number 1

Agreed. Normally I don't put our players up top in these lists but CJ/TJ/Henry is the best trio (at this point) in the league.

Our #1 leads the AFC in recieving yards every year.
Our #2 WR led the league in 3rd down conversions.
BOTH our #2 and #3 were in the top 6 in TD's despite not playing in every game (14 for TJ and 13 for Henry).

All three combined for over 3,000 yards.

It's really not even close...

Moses
05-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Agreed. Normally I don't put our players up top in these lists but CJ/TJ/Henry is the best trio (at this point) in the league.

Our #1 leads the AFC in recieving yards every year.
Our #2 WR led the league in 3rd down conversions.
BOTH our #2 and #3 were in the top 6 in TD's despite not playing in every game (14 for TJ and 13 for Henry).

All three combined for over 3,000 yards.

It's really not even close...

I would rate Harrison/Wayne ahead of Johnson/TJ. Chris Henry is much more proven than Gonzalez but Henry is a constant headache and risk to miss games. If I'm picking a receiving core to win the Super Bowl next year, it's the Colts everytime (at least between these two teams). In reality, I think Arizona has the top unit.

PalmerToCJ
05-14-2007, 10:49 AM
I would rate Harrison/Wayne ahead of Johnson/TJ. Chris Henry is much more proven than Gonzalez but Henry is a constant headache and risk to miss games. If I'm picking a receiving core to win the Super Bowl next year, it's the Colts everytime (at least between these two teams). In reality, I think Arizona has the top unit.

If you include the risk to miss games then yeah I can see that side easily. I do agree that Harrison/Wayne are better than CJ/TJ but it's just that Henry is by far the best #3 WR in the league.... When he actually plays.

If Henry wasn't such a headcase he could be the best WR on our team.

Moses
05-14-2007, 10:52 AM
If you include the risk to miss games then yeah I can see that side easily. I do agree that Harrison/Wayne are better than CJ/TJ but it's just that Henry is by far the best #3 WR in the league.... When he actually plays.

If Henry wasn't such a headcase he could be the best WR on our team.

Right, but you have to account for guys that are headaches and guys that are going to miss teams. I mean, the argument could be made that last year Oakland had the most talent at wide receiver, they were just a massive headache.

OhioState
05-14-2007, 11:37 AM
it is not really possible to top the colts

Sniper
05-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Pfffffffffffffftttttttttttt Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston and James Thrash of the old Eagle days would smooooooooooooooooooooke any of these clowns.

When Chris Henry is on the field, I'll take the Bengals trio.

keylime_5
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Henry is probably the best 3rd receiver on any team right now, but for the colts offense Gonzalez fits so perfect there and might get right around 1000 yards as a rookie along with Harrison and Wayne since Indy lost Rhodes and probably won't be running as much this year. You gotta think that Indy is gonna spread it out with Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark and get Manning 4500 yard and 30+ Tds again this year. Crazy good offense, too bad their defense is so poor (at least in the regular season it is anyway)

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
If Mark Bradley can stay healthy we're going to have a pretty darn good recieving core. Berrian had a breakout year last season and is looking to build on that and Moose while old is still a very solid vet.

Bradley is the most talented WR on our roster. If he hadn't been injured early in his rookie season the guy would've been up for OROY. Big time playmaker, can stretch the field, runs good routes, and very good hands. Add Rashied Davis who at the #4 slot is pretty good value and I like what we've got, but we aren't a top 10 WR core, yet. If Bradley pans out and has the year I think he can have I'd say we could end up in the top 10.

Paul
05-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll go with Fitzgearld/Boldin/Johnson.

But when together, the Bengals trio is just absurd.

fenikz
05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer

Q, Fitz, and Bryant

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer

Q, Fitz, and Bryant

By a lot? Um no. You guys win but when clicking the Bengals are very good and Indy still has 2 studs and a perfect slot guy in Gonzo.

tom
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Wow..

Top 3 using Rooks:

Disagree with that list...

It looks ok at first, but steelers should be ahead of most teams... I'd say 5th, and if johnson pans out for the lions, then they should be 2nd.

The way I see the top 5 is

Cardinals
Lions if Johnson works out
Colts regardless of Gonzalez
Cowboys
Steelers

bryanGENE
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
If Mark Bradley can stay healthy we're going to have a pretty darn good recieving core. Berrian had a breakout year last season and is looking to build on that and Moose while old is still a very solid vet.

Bradley is the most talented WR on our roster. If he hadn't been injured early in his rookie season the guy would've been up for OROY. Big time playmaker, can stretch the field, runs good routes, and very good hands. Add Rashied Davis who at the #4 slot is pretty good value and I like what we've got, but we aren't a top 10 WR core, yet. If Bradley pans out and has the year I think he can have I'd say we could end up in the top 10.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the_simpsons/Images/homer-simpson-5.jpg

jth1331
05-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Man, theres a lot of homers on these boards.
To be honest, I don't think the Broncos are top 5/10.
The starting WR's for them will most likely be Walker and Brandon Marshall, with Rod Smith or Stokley in the slot. Just too unpredictable aside form Walker with that WR corps. I expect Marshall to be a solid #2, but he needs to show signs of progression and Smith and Stokley are both old WR's who will be coming off of injuries from last year.

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the_simpsons/Images/homer-simpson-5.jpg

Can you read? I said "potentially."

ny10804
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Can you read? I said "potentially."

With what? Invisible ink?

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 12:57 PM
With what? Invisible ink?

It was implied with "if." If things pan out it could happen, I never said it would. Nor did I say we were top 10 right now.

Edit: Is it likely to happen? Probably not. But we seem to be playing the "what if" game on this board so I figured I'd join the fun. Berrian and Bradley are two very talented young WR's, and Moose is a savvy veteran. So you never know.

Nalej
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
What makes the Colts trio so dangerous is...PEYTON MANNING.
The Bengals have a nasty trio though the 3rd piece'll miss the first 8 games.
The Pats with Moss and Stallworth going long... watch out for Welker to eat up a lot of yards underneath.
Rams would be up there but Bruce is up there in age. We'll see how they play.
Lions are lookin' nice... and the Cards are just disgusting.

PalmerToCJ
05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Cardinals
Lions if Johnson works out
Colts regardless of Gonzalez
Cowboys
Steelers

Are you kidding? Steelers recievers better than the Bengals? LOL

awfullyquiet
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Although I agree, IF bradley pans out, they could manage to be in the top 10.
Bradley's hands are so-so. They're nothing great, but they're not bad. They're about average for a 3rd WR. He's still got great potential... And the AFC gives berrian crap because they never actually watch him, but he's got tremedous game speed. Just watch the second play of every bears game. First play is run, second play is PA running Bernard Berrian on the streak. It's not like teams haven't been able to see that one coming.

But if it was just 3 WR's on a team. I'd pick holt, bruce, and jackson. So SJ is a RB, he can still catch and really blow up the passing game. Not as the best, but as one...

The Pats have probably the most consistant talent in terms of depth and goods.

skinzzfan25
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Our WRs kinda fell off last year.

Moss is a solid #1
Brandon Lloyd was a disappointment for our number two, hopefully he can get it together this season.
Randle El is a perfect #3 slot receiver, good complement to Moss.

With Campbell having a full offseason with them, look for some good passing this season. Though I'd much rather run the ball 30+ times with Portis and Betts, I want Campbell to post a threat aswell.

Go_Eagles77
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
The Eagles WR are under-rated. Definately not the best though.

Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett.

Modano
05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
The Eagles WR are under-rated. Definately not the best though.

Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett.

Underrated by who?
Curtis was a slot receiver who will be a #2 (didn't work out pretty well for Randle El), Baskett was a rookie, and Brown is far from being a top 10 #1 WR. The Eagles trio is above average...

The better trio, right now, is Arizona's. Followed by Cincinnati (with Henry), and Indianapolis should be there even with Gonzo being a rookie, because their #1 and #2 are both top 10 in the league, with Harrison being top 3. St Louis should be there too with Holt, Bruce and Bennett who should dominate as a slot receiver. The Patriots could be there, but it all depends on Moss, if he can come back to his form. Dallas is on the mix with a great starting duo of Glenn and Owens and Crayton who is a very good slot receiver.

bored of education
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Cards
Colts
Rams
Bengals
no order

stl9erfan
05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd take the Cardinals' top 2 over anybody else's top 3. And Bryant Johnson isn't so bad as a 3rd receiver-- he'd start for a lot of teams. But Fitz and Boldin are just the most physically intimidating duo in the league. They'll block, catch it over the middle, stretch the field, and run after the catch. Matt Leinart is the luckiest QB on the planet-- well if Grimm is able to fix his OL he is.

Oh, and the original poster who listed the Niners as a possibility-- no way. At least not yet. D-Jack is decent, and maybe Hill will be good. I like his potential, but it's just potential at this point. Brandon Williams has looked good this offseason and we all know Lelie has some speed. And Niner fans everywhere like Battle, a tough guy who will block and doesn't get tackled easily. But still, Jackson might be the only legitimate starter on the team-- Lelie and Battle might both be best suited for #3 receiver roles and Williams and Hill have yet to step up on the field. Niners top trio, whoever it is that's in it, isn't in the league's top 15, maybe not top 20.

princefielder28
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Arizona's 3-some is tough

Mr. Stiller
05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Did anyone read that I wasn't going to rate the rookies with proven trios?

I believe with Favre, the trio of Jennings, Driver and Ferguson will be a potent trio, if they actually have a run game to take pressure off the pass.

using rookies I ranked my top 3 teams with a Rookie at WR..

the 10 I ranked was with more proven guys.

AdrianWilson12
05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I think with Arizona our big 3 are unlikely to get the receptions and yardage they enjoyed under Green. We have many developing #4 and #5 targets who may get open in mismatches, as well as 2 young pass catching TE. James is very good out the backfield too. There just isn't enough footballs for all the players to get the stats they want, although I'll just settle for winning. This will be compounded by Whisenhunts plan to run the ball 58% of the time.

So on paper we have the best 3, but in terms of production don't expect that to be the case. Indianapolis's and Bengals are very good too.

Aftermath
05-14-2007, 06:34 PM
How are the Bengals at least not top 3?

remix 6
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
How are the Bengals at least not top 3?

whos your 3rd? Hes not playing half the season.

PalmerToCJ
05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
whos your 3rd? Hes not playing half the season.

Tab Perry.

A big bodied WR that returns kicks as well. He played great last year in the first two games but had a hip injury which put him on the IR.

Having two of the better WR's in the game alone puts us up there...

Zyro_1014
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
It doesnt matter if Anthony Gonzalez is a rookie or not, just having Harrison and Wayne makes it the best 3 in the league.

PalmerToCJ
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
It doesnt matter if Anthony Gonzalez is a rookie or not, just having Harrison and Wayne makes it the best 3 in the league.

Indeed.

The Bengals, Cardinals and Colts are too top heavy to not be at the top of the list.

The Lions should be there with time.

keylime_5
05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I think Detroit will be #1 in a year or two. Calvin Johnson will probably turn out to be one of the 5 best at his position, while Roy Williams is already in the conversation for the top 10 WRs at least. Oh yeah, and Mike Furrey led the league in catches last year.

Mr. Stiller
05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I think Detroit will be #1 in a year or two. Calvin Johnson will probably turn out to be one of the 5 best at his position, while Roy Williams is already in the conversation for the top 10 WRs at least. Oh yeah, and Mike Furrey led the league in catches last year.

Calvin Johnson could be busted for Cocaine... lose a leg.. With potential you have to realize that until Players have come out on the field and played and at least flashed that potential in the pro's it's hard to rank them above proven guys.

Yung Flippa
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
The Ravens have a pretty solid group with

Mark Clayton, Demetrius Williams & Derrick Mason

Jensen
05-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I think we have at least a top 3-5 combo with Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Johnson.

KILLERSANTA
05-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Colts
Bengals
Cardinals
Cowboys
Lions(Will move up after first year, Johnson is no bust)

KCJ58
05-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Rams!
Rams!
Rams!
Rams!

frisby213
05-14-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm not saying this just because I'm a homer or something....but it's definitely the Colts. Reggie Wayne would be a #1 option receiver on nearly any other team, and Marvin Harrison is probably the 2nd best WR of all time, right behind Jerry Rice. Plus, having Peyton Manning throwing to you only makes you that much better, just like a good O-Line is part of the equation in determining who has the best running game.

The Rams are in 2nd place, Cardinals probably in 3rd....Bengals 4th, Pats 5th (assuming their acquisitions work out, and even then, they can't be justified as higher than #3 because they haven't been in the system long and learned to play with each other).

senormysterioso
05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
yah...Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Rosie O'Donnell would be the best three wide reciever set in the league.

cunningham06
05-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Overall solidness it's the Rams. Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Drew Bennett are great options. Drew Bennett is an excellent #2 and a borderline #1 receiver. Bruce is a good option as a #2 receiver as well.

Most top end talent is the Cardinals Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. End the discussion right there. If I could have any WR corps from any team it would be from the Cardinals.

Dam8610
05-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Wow...the fact that the Cardinals were left off of your list complete just shows how irrelevant this is. Unbelievable, as far as Harrison and Wayne go...yeah...they're great...but Boldin / Fitzgerald > both of them. Harrison WAS better, but as the younger guys are developing beyond him, and him not getting any better than he was, I think Boldin and Fitz have passed him up. Don't get me wrong, I'd still consider Marvin Harrison in the top 5 or 10 but Wayne isn't on my list for top 10 WRs in the NFL. He can get there, but he's not there yet. So to say they are both top 10 is insane. Boldin and Fitz are up there and are both in the top 10 for sure, considering when both were healthy they led the league in receptions lol.

So, for once, the Cardinal's get a first place vote for something.

#1 WR combo / tandem = Arizona Cardinals

Wow...your overrating of the Cardinals' WRs is hilarious. Not just Boldin, not just Fitz, but BOTH Boldin AND Fitz are better than Marvin? That's just laughable. Also, it'd be tough to argue Reggie Wayne not being a Top 10 NFL WR based on his production over the last 3 years (and sadly, he's only garnered one pro bowl selection for it), but you can try if you'd like. Oh, and considering you think both Fitz AND Boldin are better than Marvin (again, laughable), I'd say using the "he plays across from Marvin" argument doesn't really help your cause.

Henry is probably the best 3rd receiver on any team right now, but for the colts offense Gonzalez fits so perfect there and might get right around 1000 yards as a rookie along with Harrison and Wayne since Indy lost Rhodes and probably won't be running as much this year. You gotta think that Indy is gonna spread it out with Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark and get Manning 4500 yard and 30+ Tds again this year. Crazy good offense, too bad their defense is so poor (at least without Bob Sanders and Corey Simon it is anyway)

Fixed.

kalbears13
05-15-2007, 12:11 AM
I think any offensive player that plays for the Colts is going to look good. If you look at all the offensive skill players that have played for the Colts recently, they've all put up good stats. Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely and even Ben Utecht have all looked good because of the line or because of one another. It seems like no matter who plays for the offensive side for the Colts now, they're going to be good.

cunningham06
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow...your overrating of the Cardinals' WRs is hilarious. Not just Boldin, not just Fitz, but BOTH Boldin AND Fitz are better than Marvin? That's just laughable. Also, it'd be tough to argue Reggie Wayne not being a Top 10 NFL WR based on his production over the last 3 years (and sadly, he's only garnered one pro bowl selection for it), but you can try if you'd like. Oh, and considering you think both Fitz AND Boldin are better than Marvin (again, laughable), I'd say using the "he plays across from Marvin" argument doesn't really help your cause.

Fixed.

At this point I would say Larry Fitzgerald is better than Marvin. Marvin is starting to slow down, and I bet that it will start to show this season. Larry Fitz while he doesn't have burner speed has amazing hands, jumps well, and runs great routes. He does everything very well, and is just entering his prime. Anquan Boldin while being a great receiver is also a great blocker, and may not be better at this point, but by the end of the season, he too may have eclipsed Marvin. Marvin is still a great player, but he isn't what he once was.

Tubby
05-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I skimmed some of the pages in this thread, and the hawks have received no mention.

Deion Branch/Nate Burleson/DJ Hackett

Green Bay Scat
05-15-2007, 05:41 AM
1a Cards
1b Colts
2 Bengals

7-11
05-15-2007, 07:17 AM
could anybody on this board honestly say if they could choose a 3 way receiving threat for any one game it would not be the colts? arguments could be made for the cards and bengals but harrisson and wayne have proved themselves to be top 7-8 receivers in the nfl for a long time now

7-11
05-15-2007, 07:19 AM
At this point I would say Larry Fitzgerald is better than Marvin. Marvin is starting to slow down, and I bet that it will start to show this season. Larry Fitz while he doesn't have burner speed has amazing hands, jumps well, and runs great routes. He does everything very well, and is just entering his prime. Anquan Boldin while being a great receiver is also a great blocker, and may not be better at this point, but by the end of the season, he too may have eclipsed Marvin. Marvin is still a great player, but he isn't what he once was.

that is showing absolute ignorance and kinda proving you dont actually see the colts play that often, just cause marvin is 34-35 doesnt mean he is slowing down, you coudl argue he looks after himsefl better then anyone in the nfl and there is no reason for him to slow down this year at all

23trufant
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Seahawks getting no love

Deon Branch --> Nate Burleson --> DJ Hackett/Bobby Engram

Not top 5 but better than some of the teams I saw in the top 10

tylerb929
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
OK, 2006 NFL season stats

Receiving yards
1. Chad Johnson - 1369 yards
2. Marvin Harrison - 1366 yards
3. Reggie Wayne - 1310 yards
3. Roy Williams - 1310 yards
5. Donald Driver - 1295 yards

Recieving TDs
1. Terrell Owens - 13
2. Marvin Harrison - 12
3. Tory Holt - 10
3. Plexico Burress - 10
3. Darrell Jackson - 10
6. Reggie Wayne - 9
6. Chris Henry - 9
6. T.J. Houshmanzadeh - 9

Hmmm.... I think I'll take Harrison and Wayne, doesn't look like Harrison is slowing down in the least. And before someone says that Manning makes Harrison and Wayne, Harrison was good before Manning, the Bengals have Carson Palmer (who is REAL good too), and it wouldn't be fair to say Manning is just good because of his recievers (as Pats fans have always done in the past) and now switch and say that Manning's recievers are just good because of Manning.

But easily some one could make the case that the Cards, Colts, and Bengals are in a 3 way tie for first, because they are real close and you can't really analyze the players without taking them out of their offensive systems, which we can't do.

XxXdragonXxX
05-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Seahawks getting no love

Deon Branch --> Nate Burleson --> DJ Hackett/Bobby Engram

Not top 5 but better than some of the teams I saw in the top 10

More like

Deon Branch ---> D.J. Hackett --> Nate Burleson --> Bobby Engram

We'll see how Branch and Burleson do with a full offseason to learn the offense and get in sync with Matt.

Hackett as a starting receiver = STAR. This man is going to be great.

Bengals1690
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
CHris Henry was essentiall a number 2 reciever playing in the slot. he is the best number 3 on any team. The bengals have a 2 deep threats and a preimier possesion guy.

The colts would be better if it was still stokley in the slot, but there is a rookie there. you can't trust rookies at skill positions. Most arguments on here are "hes in the COlts, he will be great". Mind you know the COts first rounders pan out 9/10 times but we dont know if this man is going to work at all.

id rank them

1. Bengals
2. Cardinals
3. Colts

^BUT ALL ARE VERY CLOSE, AND IM TAKING THEM FROM TOP TO BOTTOM"

4. Rams
5. IDK prolly the Patriots.

tylerb929
05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
The colts would be better if it was still stokley in the slot, but there is a rookie there. you can't trust rookies at skill positions.

So we can consider the Colts the best 3 WR tandem after next season?

Ok, lets consider Gonzalez is a bust (not gonna happen but a "what if"), so Dallas Clark plays the slot. I'll take Harrison, Wayne, and Clark over any other 3 WR set in the league.

Chris Henry is a good reciever, but his conduct needs to change and I'd take Dallas Clark over him even as a WR. I think the WRs the Bengals have suit Palmer better (deep ball), and the WRs the Colts have suit Manning better (excellent route runners), so it really comes down to your preference of which system you like better.

Addict
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Calvin Johnson could be busted for Cocaine... lose a leg.. With potential you have to realize that until Players have come out on the field and played and at least flashed that potential in the pro's it's hard to rank them above proven guys.

First, of course, Calvin, the egocentric disruptive player that he is would be busted for something as dumb as coca´ne.
Second, you knock on CJ but if you looked closely you'd see Meachem and Gonzalez are also taken into equasions.

iloxygenil
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Look, I know that Marvin still had great production but look how often they were throwing. That's fine, and there's no knock on Reggie, I just think that he's always against a #2 corner and it's sad to think that if he was seeing doubles (which no one on that team does because it's too balanced) that he'd be shut down. If Marvin gets hurt or whatever it's going to be tough for them. I think Reggie is a fine #2 but he's yet to prove he can handle being a #1. His production is out of this world because their offense is insane, I think there are quite a few WRs you could plug in in his place and do just as well as he is.

I really think Marvin only had a couple games last season that really boosted his stats...I mean he had a 4 TD game didn't he? You can't take that away from him because he did it, but that really moves you up the stats column. Of course I didn't mind because he was on my fantasy team, but he just doesn't seem to be as consistent as he once was to me. Not that he's not catching the ball, I dunno...maybe I'm wrong, I just watch stat lines for the Colts, not the games, that was just the feeling I got.

Mr. Stiller
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
First, of course, Calvin, the egocentric disruptive player that he is would be busted for something as dumb as coca´ne.
Second, you knock on CJ but if you looked closely you'd see Meachem and Gonzalez are also taken into equasions.

In my rankings?

I merely stated they haven't played a down in the NFL, and therefore have a hard time ranking them over guys that have already been a successful trio.

Mr. Stiller
05-15-2007, 12:13 PM
OK, 2006 NFL season stats

Receiving yards
1. Chad Johnson - 1369 yards
2. Marvin Harrison - 1366 yards
3. Reggie Wayne - 1310 yards
3. Roy Williams - 1310 yards
5. Donald Driver - 1295 yards

Recieving TDs
1. Terrell Owens - 13
2. Marvin Harrison - 12
3. Tory Holt - 10
3. Plexico Burress - 10
3. Darrell Jackson - 10
6. Reggie Wayne - 9
6. Chris Henry - 9
6. T.J. Houshmanzadeh - 9

Hmmm.... I think I'll take Harrison and Wayne, doesn't look like Harrison is slowing down in the least. And before someone says that Manning makes Harrison and Wayne, Harrison was good before Manning, the Bengals have Carson Palmer (who is REAL good too), and it wouldn't be fair to say Manning is just good because of his recievers (as Pats fans have always done in the past) and now switch and say that Manning's recievers are just good because of Manning.

But easily some one could make the case that the Cards, Colts, and Bengals are in a 3 way tie for first, because they are real close and you can't really analyze the players without taking them out of their offensive systems, which we can't do.

By stats Alone I'd take the Bengals. Chad Johnson Led the NFL, his accomplices had 18 TD's, how many did the #3 WR have for the colts?

49erfanatic
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
This is no knock on Harrison and Wayne but they do play with Peyton Manning who is the best QB in the league. They also play in an offense that is meant to spread out the defense to create space and passing lanes, which really favors both of them because they are smaller receivers. Gonzales will fit in very well but he is unproven. It's really hard to go against Harrison, but I think that Fitz has him beat in terms of pure talent and athletic ability, though Harrison is the smartest receiver in the league and has great chemistry with Manning. Wayne and Boldin are on the same level in my eyes. As far as a number 3 goes you have to go with Johnson because Gonzales is a rookie, not so say Gonzales will struggle but at this point in time Johnson is better because of the experience. As far as the Bengals go, they're an extremely close third that can move up if Chris Henry can prove he can stay on the field and out of trouble

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Wow..

Top 3 using Rooks:

Packers? Broncos? Jaguars?!?! Your list is PATHETIC. I'm usually not one for handing out neg rep just for something I disagree with, but this list is too much of a joke. Who is Patrick Clayton, by the way?

My list, the order is debatable but I don't think anyone can really argue against any group being on it:

1. Cardinals: Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Bryant Johnson
2. Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez
3a. Lions: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Mike Furrey
3b. Bengals: Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Henry
5. Rams: Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Drew Bennett
6. Patriots: Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Caldwell/Jackson/Welker
7. Cowboys: Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton
8. Saints: Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson
9. Ravens: Mark Clayton, Derrick Mason, Demetrius Williams
10. Redskins: Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El

Close, but no cigar: Seahawks, Panthers, Jets, Steelers

BengalsPwn
05-15-2007, 12:35 PM
In terms of the team with the best 3 WR set not looking at anything else but the WR's its the bengals. CJ has led the AFC in receiving the past 4 years. TJ is not only a possession guy but is also a pretty good deep threat, and Chris Henry is the #1 receiver on just about half the teams in the NFL. Just look at the stats its not even close. Cards are the only other team even close. Colts have a rookie and can't even be considered even with Wayne/Harrison.

tylerb929
05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
By stats Alone I'd take the Bengals. Chad Johnson Led the NFL, his accomplices had 18 TD's, how many did the #3 WR have for the colts?

How did Chad lead the NFL? He had 3 more yards, and 5 less TDs than Harrison. Unless you mean led the NFL in yards, which he did, by 3 yards.

Harrison, Wayne, and Clark (played 3rd WR the majority of the time had) 25 TD catches.

C. Johnson, Whoseurmomma, and Henry had 25 TDs as well.

Clark and Henry missed about the same amount of time, so that doesn't affect the stats. There is no clear cut number 1, but I'd take the Colts just opinion.

And if you think the Colts are good because their offense spreads out defenses, you could say the same about the Bengals, they do the same thing, could T.J. be half as good with out Chad?

BengalsPwn
05-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Except CJ has done it 4 years in a row, its not like it was just last year. Stop putting your TE in this equation because if you read the damn thread it says WR set. I could care less if he lines up in the slot or not, hes always being played by a LB.

bored of education
05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Best 5 man threat offensive wise:

Drew Bennett with VY/titans Qb:
46 rec, 737 yards, 3 tds
Torry Holt
93 receptions, 1188 yards, 10 TDs
Isaac Bruce
74 receptions, 1098 yards, 3 Tds
Steven Jackson
90 receptions, 806 yards, 3 TDS
Randy McMichael
62 receptions, 640 yards, 3 TDs

terribletowel39
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
to even get a good grasp of what other people think you have to totally knock out everybody that is rooting for there guys. and most of the ppl that haven't said there 3 WR's IE. bengals, colts, and cards fans. the most have been going to the cards. i take both Boldin and Fitz over any other WR in the game. that might be based on them being better overall WR. and just being able to get things done with a washed up QB and then a rookie. but they in my mind are #1a and #1b WRs in the league. and after them i would pick up the lions trio if CJ reaches potential.

tylerb929
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Except CJ has done it 4 years in a row, its not like it was just last year.

Your right, in yardage, but Harrison as far as receiving TD's has been #2 (2006), #1 (2005 w/ a broken arm that was casted), #2 (2004), #4 (2003, 6-way tie), #3 (2002), and #2 (2001, sorry the records I'm looking at don't go back any farther).

Stop putting your TE in this equation because if you read the damn thread it says WR set.

Exactly, he was in the 3 WR set. He played WR on some downs, just because he's a natural TE doesn't mean he can't be a WR on some downs.

I could care less if he lines up in the slot or not, hes always being played by a LB.

Always? really? you must not have watched any Colts games. People lined DBs up across from him aswell. When they put a DB on him they ran the ball, and when they put a LB on him they passed it. But quite often they would rotate who covered him, and just as sometimes LBs line up on slot recievers.

MaxV
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Wayne plays against #2 corners, therefore he's worse then Bolden?

Right, because teams Cards play against always put 2 #1 CBs on the field.

05-15-2007, 02:30 PM
The Rams have the best. Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Drew Bennett. All in the top 20 in the NFL at their position.

awfullyquiet
05-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Exactly, he was in the 3 WR set. He played WR on some downs, just because he's a natural TE doesn't mean he can't be a WR on some downs.

Always? really? you must not have watched any Colts games. People lined DBs up across from him aswell. When they put a DB on him they ran the ball, and when they put a LB on him they passed it. But quite often they would rotate who covered him, and just as sometimes LBs line up on slot recievers.

It's true.

I was about to say, the colts line up DC as a TE, and sometimes flank him out to the slot. hoping to create the mismatch and open up the passing lanes better. and then there's sometimes the bring in BenU to play the TE role, and line up Clark on the outside when they didn't feel that going to stokley would be advantageous, especially in the super bowl, as if Ricky Manning Jr vs Stokely wouldn't be huge. But. Not the point, the point is, TE's and RB's line up on the outside, and are eligable for the capability of '3 wr sets'. but... most of the time its so infrequent to see the backfield devoid of a HB... and with two WR's and one.. well. bastardized h-back in the slot. they should be counted based on production they've had running that package.

and the colts run that package... A LOT. the 2 TE set works for them.

Philliez01
05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Now the team I think that could deserve some Top-10 buzz could actually be the Carolina Panthers. Obviously Dwayne Jarrett needs to establish himself as a legitimate threat opposite of All - Pro WR Steve Smith. Drew Carter has proven to be effective in the slot as well and Keary Colbert has the talent to be good though I don't think he'll see much.

The Panthers need Jake Delhomme (or David Carr) to find some consistency but they can be a threat.

tylerb929
05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I'd agree the Panthers could be up there. Particularly if Keyshawn would have still been on the team. Steve Smith, Keyshawn Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, and Drew Carter would be much higher ranked if they had the likes Manning, Palmer, or Brees passing to them.

Geo
05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
The Rams have the best. Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Drew Bennett. All in the top 20 in the NFL at their position.
I just want to quote this for effect.

jth1331
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Wow, I didn't know Holt, Bruce and Bennett are all in the top 20 rank among WR's!

ripdw27
05-15-2007, 05:16 PM
not the broncos, it would be walker marshall and stokley not smith... i like the bengals in weeks 9-17 (ocho cinco, tj whosyamama, chris henry)
nfc: mmm Saints or maybe the cards...

the Bengals are #1 tho when they have chris henry

TheChampIsHere
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Ill give the nod to the Lions. Roy Williams is already a top 5-10 WR, we are all expecting huge things from Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey finished 2nd in the league in receptions and should make a great slot receiver.

neko4
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow..

Top 3 using Rooks:

The only one i disagree w/ is GB. Ferguson sucks terribly

neko4
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Ill give the nod to the Lions. Roy Williams is already a top 5-10 WR, we are all expecting huge things from Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey finished 2nd in the league in receptions and should make a great slot receiver.

Actually, I bet whenevr they do comeout in 3WR, CJ would move to slot. I really dont see him as much of a deep threat, seeing as he had a 11.9 avg

nobodyinparticular
05-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Ehhhhhhhhhhh..... I don't know that Bennett would rank top 20. Hmmm... Not really thinking of a whole lot of names right now but I don't see where he would fit off the top of my head.

nobodyinparticular
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Actually, I bet whenevr they do comeout in 3WR, CJ would move to slot. I really dont see him as much of a deep threat, seeing as he had a 11.9 avg

Partially because his QB in college had a wet noodle for an arm...

draftguru151
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Partially because his QB in college had a wet noodle for an arm...

He actually has some decent arm strength, it was just that the ball was 30 yards to the left or right of CJ.

PalmerToCJ
05-15-2007, 09:49 PM

That's sarasm... Correct?

I sure hope so anyway...

The Legend
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
It could be the Saints now with Meachem (Holston and Henderson) or the Colts now with Anthoney Gonzales (Harrison and Wayne), also in the running Rams (Holt, Bruce, and Bennett), 49ers (Jackson, Lelie, and Hill), Patriots (Moss, Stallworth and Jackson/Caldwell), Lions (Williams, Johnson, and Furrey) or Broncos (Walker, Smith, Stokley)

Wow No Cardinals (Anquan Boldin , Larry Fitzgerald , Bryant Johnson)

Anquan Boldin - Rec : 90 / Yards : 1200 / Tds : 4
Larry Fitzgerald - Rec : 70 / Yards : 950 / Tds : 6
Bryant Johnson - Rec : 40 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Total - Rec : 200 / Yards : 2900 / Tds : 14

Randy Moss - Rec : 40 / Yards : 550 / Tds : 3
Donte Stallworth - Rec : 40 / Yards : 725 / Tds : 5
Kelly Washingtion - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Troy Brown - Rec : 40 / Yards : 400 / Tds : 4
Chad Jackson - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 3
Wes Welker - Rec : 70 / Yards : 700 / Tds : 1
Reche Caldwell - Rec : 60 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Jabar Gaffney - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Total - Rec : 280 / Yards : 3400 / Tds : 23

80+ Rec / 500+ Yards / 9+ Tds = 6 More Player Then Them

Combined : Jackson , Moss , Stallworth = Bolin :)

just saying cardinals should be on there

portermvp84
05-16-2007, 01:22 PM
IMO Patriots have the best depth and are in the top five for best Wr's.

awfullyquiet
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow No Cardinals (Anquan Boldin , Larry Fitzgerald , Bryant Johnson)

Anquan Boldin - Rec : 90 / Yards : 1200 / Tds : 4
Larry Fitzgerald - Rec : 70 / Yards : 950 / Tds : 6
Bryant Johnson - Rec : 40 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Total - Rec : 200 / Yards : 2900 / Tds : 14

Randy Moss - Rec : 40 / Yards : 550 / Tds : 3
Donte Stallworth - Rec : 40 / Yards : 725 / Tds : 5
Kelly Washingtion - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Troy Brown - Rec : 40 / Yards : 400 / Tds : 4
Chad Jackson - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 3
Wes Welker - Rec : 70 / Yards : 700 / Tds : 1
Reche Caldwell - Rec : 60 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Jabar Gaffney - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Total - Rec : 280 / Yards : 3400 / Tds : 23

80+ Rec / 500+ Yards / 9+ Tds = 6 More Player Then Them

Combined : Jackson , Moss , Stallworth = Bolin :)

just saying cardinals should be on there

it's not the patriots WR's fault that they use 5 wide sets...
as far as best group of WR's. the pats got them beat. if you go four-five wide sets.
now. who was throwing to moss?

umphrey
05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
This is one of my favorite topics and I'm bored...

1. Colts: Harrison / Wayne / Gonzalez
2. Cardinals: Fitz / Boldin / Bryant
3. Bengals: Johnson / Hous / Henry
4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran

I never realized how many teams had absolute crap at WR past their #1 or just crap in general...that's what I'd say about the rest of the league.

Colts >= Cardinals >>> Bengals
But they are all pretty close

I don't know if I can even say the Cardinals or the Colts are better than each other because they are so different.

The Colts are set up with speedy receivers that are good route runners with very consistent hands. They fit great with Peyton because they are quick enough that one is gonna get open, their route running plays well with his consistency and accuracy, and of course they have to catch the ball. If you replaced Peyton with only a decent quarterback like McNair or Delhomme and they are gonna look pretty average.

On the other hand I have great respect for the Cardinals receivers putting up crazy numbers with inconsistent QB play and no running game or O line. They are playmakers, unlike the Colts who are more like really good system players.

I'm low on the Rams WRs - I think Holt is either the best WR in the league or top 3 at worst but Bruce is too old to scare anyone anymore and Bennett doesn't impress me either - that makes it a 1 man show.

With the Packers, our #3 is gonna be Koren Robinson and Ferguson is likely to get cut. Robinson is really underrated as a player - especially by Packer fans - but on the field he's easily top 5 as a #3 WR. I'd still only put the Packer WR set at 11-12 in the league though.

49erFrick
05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Packers? Broncos? Jaguars?!?! Your list is PATHETIC. I'm usually not one for handing out neg rep just for something I disagree with, but this list is too much of a joke. Who is Patrick Clayton, by the way?

My list, the order is debatable but I don't think anyone can really argue against any group being on it:

1. Cardinals: Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Bryant Johnson
2. Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez
3a. Lions: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Mike Furrey
3b. Bengals: Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Henry
5. Rams: Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Drew Bennett
6. Patriots: Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Caldwell/Jackson/Welker
7. Cowboys: Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton
8. Saints: Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson
9. Ravens: Mark Clayton, Derrick Mason, Demetrius Williams
10. Redskins: Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El

Close, but no cigar: Seahawks, Panthers, Jets, Steelers

I honestly dont see how you can have the Lions up this high based on Hype. Until 1) Calvin Johnson Catches a pass and 2) detroit finds a QB who can throw to him. I dont see them being a top 5 Receiving Core. I honestly take the Bengals #1 overall. CJ is just beast-like, TJ is truely solid on 3rd down, and Henry or any other bengal is a good #3 for this crew. They are Truely 7-11 Always Open!!! WhoseyaMaMa

jbombul
05-17-2007, 03:58 AM
I honestly dont see how you can have the Lions up this high based on Hype. Until 1) Calvin Johnson Catches a pass and 2) detroit finds a QB who can throw to him. I dont see them being a top 5 Receiving Core. I honestly take the Bengals #1 overall. CJ is just beast-like, TJ is truely solid on 3rd down, and Henry or any other bengal is a good #3 for this crew. They are Truely 7-11 Always Open!!! WhoseyaMaMa

actually, the lions should be up there, if you want to compare them to the bengals, well how can calvin johnson be any worse than chris henry when henry will miss half the season? furrey stacks up against TJ very well, Chad does have Roy williams beat but if we did have carson palmer throwing the ball around, he would be putting up marino numbers. my rankings

1.Cardinals
2.Colts
3.Bengals
4.Lions
5.Pats

TheChampIsHere
05-17-2007, 05:08 AM

are you joking saying Calvin is not a deep threat? He is one of the best jump ball receivers you'll find and he ran a 4.35. hes a much better deep threat than Furrey, who is mostly just a smart receiver with good toughness, hands and route running. Furrey is a great fit for the slot.

LitoSheppard
05-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Eagles. Reggie Brown
Kevin Kurtis
Hank Baskett (Deserving of 1 or 2 spot)

LitoSheppard
05-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Without beign a homer
Lions- Roy Williams
Calvin Johnson
Mike Furrey

...That's scarey

Cardinals close second
Fitzjarled
Anquan Boldin
Bryant

maybe their number one..Yeah Cardinals number one Lions # 2
And Bengals somewhere in topo 5

constant cough
05-17-2007, 08:27 AM
It could be the Saints now with Meachem (Holston and Henderson)

Might as well through in Reggie Bush.

KCJ58
05-17-2007, 01:49 PM

how could u even say that Henry wont be there for half the season i dont doubt that both Johsnon and Whos your mamma are great 1,2 recievers but Henry missing half of the season and maybe his postion as the slot reciever i say Tab Perry takes over for the rest of the year and Henry will be cu after this year

Mr. Stiller
05-17-2007, 02:11 PM

His College Quarterback could only throw the ball 6 yards.. so a 12 yard average is pretty great.

umphrey
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
His College Quarterback could only throw the ball 6 yards.. so a 12 yard average is pretty great.

Well considering his measurables are extremely similar to Randy Moss's, there is a good chance that could change in a NFL system.

Sniper
05-17-2007, 02:18 PM

This is true. Reggie Ball makes Kyle Wright look like Tom Brady

portermvp84
05-17-2007, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=umphrey;398623]This is one of my favorite topics and I'm bored...

4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran

The Patriots have way better Wr's then the Cowboys do. Patriots have Moss, Stallworth, Welker. IMo they are better than T.O. Terry Glenn and Crayton.

Geo
05-17-2007, 02:28 PM
This is true. Reggie Ball makes Kyle Wright look like Tom Brady
Let's not get carried away here.

remix 6
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM

4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran

how are Giants there? Plaxico is 1...Toomer hasn been great last 3 years and coming off injury. Whos their #3? Smith? Proven nothing. Moss? Proven nothing

i dont like putting Lions up there either because (even though i think CJ will be great), hes done nothing to prove he cant be a bust or wont live up to expectations.

reese
05-17-2007, 06:15 PM
they did a top 5 on nfl live today that guy picked

5. cards
4. dont remember
3. cowboys
2. rams
1. colts