PDA

View Full Version : Some Shocks I have seen in some Mock Drafts

naruto613
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok...Here are some predictions people have made that I would like to respond to as my own.

1) I have seen that some people are placing Andre Woodson very high and sometimes in the 2nd round. Honestly, I think that people are looking at his size and comparing him to J.R. I think that he'll do OK, but not well enough to make him an elite college QB. NFL Scouts will look at him and love his size, so I can't really predict his draft stock.

2) Steve Slaton IS a 1st Round Pick. I have seen some mocks that have him a 2nd round pick. This is crazy. First off, West Virginia will be in a BCS Bowl Game this year. Pat White will develop and Slaton's stock will soar. He's fast, can break tackles, and can spread the field (reminds me of Dwanye Jarrett but in RB form). Top 10 Pick (I pray that the Giants grab him!!!)

3) Darren McFadden WON'T go to the Raiders. The Raiders selected Michael Bush and have a full RB corps as it is. Unless he repeats his performance last year, I see him being overshadowed by Slaton.

4) Brian Brohm is Overrated! I don't have anything against Louisville football, but I don't think he's that great. Honestly, despite being in a weak division, I think that Colt Brennan is the best QB in the NCAA. Sorry, Franchise QB. He's 6' 3" and can throw the ball a mile. To me, he has excellent composure and he showed Leadership by sticking with his team one more year.

5) Chad Henne has one more chance, like many other Michigan prospects, he dissapears sometimes and is overshadowed. If him and Mario Manningham don't have step it up, look for both of them to drop.

6) Both Jake Long and Sam Baker are top 5 prospects and will translate well into the NFL.

Comments?

Crickett
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
1. People complaining about draft ranks prior to the 2008 college season even starting. I remember seeing a mock following the 2003 draft that had Carlos Joseph going in the first round.

2. People who fail to fully take into account the 2007 NFL draft in their 2008 mocks. Detroit just drafted Drew Stanton and Miami just took John Beck. Neither is taking a quarterback next year in the first round.

3. "My team is going to have a pick that high". You don't know that and you won't until the season ends. Any team in the league can have a first overall pick next. The defending Super Bowl champs are a Peyton Manning injury away from potentially having the first overall pick.

fenikz
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Saying that Woodson is being picked that high solely on his size it pretty stupid, he put up great numbers in the best conference with a terrible team

I agree with what you said about Saton

i don't think the raiders could pass up Run DMC if he is there

Brian Brohmn is the clear cut #1 right now, so thats your opinion

Manningham was injured last year & put up better numbers than Ginn, he will be the 1st or 2nd WR taken next year, i'm not a big fan of Henne, not gonna defend him

Barry Richardson is better than both :p

naruto613
05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Manningham was injured last year & put up better numbers than Ginn, he will be the 1st or 2nd WR taken next year, i'm not a big fan of Henne, not gonna defend him

Ted Ginn's numbers weren't as high as Mannigham's because Ginn was on a team with a better possession WR, Anthony Gonzalez. And Aside from a sweep pass to Mike Hart, Michigan doesn't really have any other viable option other than Manningham. So, I don't think that Manningham is better than Ginn Numbers wise, but he might have better hands than Ginn.

In the end (NFL Career) I see Manningham going down the Braylon Edwards route, aka, getting injured often and plays like crap in big games. Ginn won't be the best of all time, but he'll make many a CB like dumb when he burns them down the field, at that point he's open for a wide open catch.

But thank you for agreeing with me about Chad Henne. Not a fan. Hasn't dazzled me yet.

What College football needs is another Byron Leftwich, a QB with poise and leadership, and that QB might be prepped to have a pretty good season down there in Kentucky. ;)

757Dawg
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
7) You people who have Dallas (via Cleveland) picking #1 overall are ridiculous.

Since the 1999 season, the worst records per year have been 2-14, 1-15, 1-15, 2-14, 2-14, 4-12, 2-14, and 2-14.

More than likely, you're going to have to put together a 2-14 season to get the #1 overall pick. Are some of you people really trying to tell me the 2007 Browns are going to end up being as bad as the 2-12, 3-13 '99-'00 Browns? Give me a friggen break.

8) Why in the name of all that is holy are you people doing 2008 mock drafts in the middle of May, 2007 anyways???

SeanTaylorRIP
05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
That fact that you think Slaton will overshadow McFadden shows your knowledge. Even if Slatan ran for 2,500 yards and had a 4.39 forty and McFadden ran for 1,200 and had a 4.8 forty he would still be drafted before Slaton.

Crickett
05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
That fact that you think Slaton will overshadow McFadden shows your knowledge. Even if Slatan ran for 2,500 yards and had a 4.39 forty and McFadden ran for 1,200 and had a 4.8 forty he would still be drafted before Slaton.

Think about that claim for a minute, laugh, and realize sensationalism is not always the best route to go.

Matthew Jones
05-14-2007, 05:39 PM
2. People who fail to fully take into account the 2007 NFL draft in their 2008 mocks. Detroit just drafted Drew Stanton and Miami just took John Beck. Neither is taking a quarterback next year in the first round.

Just because they took a quarterback in the second round last year means they won't take one in the first round this year? What if they get a great value, or one of them bombs? Tarvaris Jackson was a second-round pick last year, and plenty of people had the Vikings picking Brady Quinn.

draftguru151
05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Just because they took a quarterback in the second round last year means they won't take one in the first round this year? What if they get a great value, or one of them bombs? Tarvaris Jackson was a second-round pick last year, and plenty of people had the Vikings picking Brady Quinn.

And the Vikings passed on him in real life. Just because misinformed people thought the Vikings were going to take Quinn doesn't mean there was any chance of it happening. Anything can happen, but having a team that just took a 2nd round QB last year taking one in the first round this year is extremely unrealistic.

BigJohn98
05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd like to know why everyone has the Jags picking in the top 10?

naruto613
05-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I'd like to know why everyone has the Jags picking in the top 10?

I've noticed that as well.

Honestly, if Leftwich stays healthy, the Jags are playoff bound.

Plus it wouldn't hurt if Reggie Williams wasn't afraid to go in the middle of the field to grab a pass.

AlexDown
05-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I feel shocked

Sniper
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Ted Ginn's numbers weren't as high as Mannigham's because Ginn was on a team with a better possession WR, Anthony Gonzalez. And Aside from a sweep pass to Mike Hart, Michigan doesn't really have any other viable option other than Manningham. So, I don't think that Manningham is better than Ginn Numbers wise, but he might have better hands than Ginn.

In the end (NFL Career) I see Manningham going down the Braylon Edwards route, aka, getting injured often and plays like crap in big games. Ginn won't be the best of all time, but he'll make many a CB like dumb when he burns them down the field, at that point he's open for a wide open catch.

But thank you for agreeing with me about Chad Henne. Not a fan. Hasn't dazzled me yet.

What College football needs is another Byron Leftwich, a QB with poise and leadership, and that QB might be prepped to have a pretty good season down there in Kentucky. ;)

40 544 13.6 8 Arrington
58 670 11.6 2 Breaston
Total 98 receptions, 1214 yards, 10 touchdowns

51 734 14.4 8 Gonzalez
29 383 13.2 5 Robiskie
Total 80 receptions, 1117 yards, 13 touchdowns

You sure about that possession receiver statement? Gonzalez was HIGHLY overrated, though he stepped up in big games. Considering Manningham and Ginn have roughly equal speed (I'll give Ginn the slight edge) you're blowing past CB's for a wide open catch is completely irrelevant. What kind of facts do you have to support your Edwards argument that Manningham will always be hurt? The 4 games? It's been 4 months and Ginn hasn't fully recovered from his "high ankle sprain". More like "lack of testicular fortitude"

Your big game point is pretty dumb as well. In Cleveland, Edwards has played in no big games, so let's go to Michigan days.

Vs. Ohio State averaged 9.3 rec, 136 yards and 1 td per
Vs. Notre Dame averaged 6.66 rec, 93 yards and 0 td per (No td's, pretty good numbers otherwise)
Bowl Games averaged 8 rec, 109 yards, 1 td per.

Yeah, he's a big time joke. ;) Take off the homer glasses bud

HuskerNation
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
40 544 13.6 8 Arrington
58 670 11.6 2 Breaston
Total 98 receptions, 1214 yards, 10 touchdowns

51 734 14.4 8 Gonzalez
29 383 13.2 5 Robiskie
Total 80 receptions, 1117 yards, 13 touchdowns

You sure about that possession receiver statement? Gonzalez was HIGHLY overrated, though he stepped up in big games. Considering Manningham and Ginn have roughly equal speed (I'll give Ginn the slight edge) you're blowing past CB's for a wide open catch is completely irrelevant. What kind of facts do you have to support your Edwards argument that Manningham will always be hurt? The 4 games? It's been 4 months and Ginn hasn't fully recovered from his "high ankle sprain". More like "lack of testicular fortitude"

Your big game point is pretty dumb as well. In Cleveland, Edwards has played in no big games, so let's go to Michigan days.

Vs. Ohio State averaged 9.3 rec, 136 yards and 1 td per
Vs. Notre Dame averaged 6.66 rec, 93 yards and 0 td per (No td's, pretty good numbers otherwise)
Bowl Games averaged 8 rec, 109 yards, 1 td per.

Yeah, he's a big time joke. ;) Take off the homer glasses bud

You telling someone else not to be a homer? Is there any Michigan player you don't think is bound for the HOF? Serious case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Addict
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Think about that claim for a minute, laugh, and realize sensationalism is not always the best route to go.

He's clearly exaggerating to make a point, the point is that McFadden is the best RB in this upcoming draft, hands down, and that it'll take nothing short of a miracle for anyone to pass him as the #1 guy. He's this years AD.

Sniper
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
You telling someone else not to be a homer? Is there any Michigan player you don't think is bound for the HOF? Serious case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Um yeah you toolbag I don't think any Michigan players of today are going to the Hall of Fame, but I sure as hell can assure you they will be better than Nebraska's. You really put a lot of thought into that last statement didn't you? Seriously, I'd worry about Nebraska actually perhaps winning a conference title more than I'd worry about another team.

Thanks for your stellar input on the discussion topic, it was pretty in-depth and informative

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok...Here are some predictions people have made that I would like to respond to as my own.

1) I have seen that some people are placing Andre Woodson very high and sometimes in the 2nd round. Honestly, I think that people are looking at his size and comparing him to J.R. I think that he'll do OK, but not well enough to make him an elite college QB. NFL Scouts will look at him and love his size, so I can't really predict his draft stock.

2) Steve Slaton IS a 1st Round Pick. I have seen some mocks that have him a 2nd round pick. This is crazy. First off, West Virginia will be in a BCS Bowl Game this year. Pat White will develop and Slaton's stock will soar. He's fast, can break tackles, and can spread the field (reminds me of Dwanye Jarrett but in RB form). Top 10 Pick (I pray that the Giants grab him!!!)

3) Darren McFadden WON'T go to the Raiders. The Raiders selected Michael Bush and have a full RB corps as it is. Unless he repeats his performance last year, I see him being overshadowed by Slaton.

4) Brian Brohm is Overrated! I don't have anything against Louisville football, but I don't think he's that great. Honestly, despite being in a weak division, I think that Colt Brennan is the best QB in the NCAA. Sorry, Franchise QB. He's 6' 3" and can throw the ball a mile. To me, he has excellent composure and he showed Leadership by sticking with his team one more year.

5) Chad Henne has one more chance, like many other Michigan prospects, he dissapears sometimes and is overshadowed. If him and Mario Manningham don't have step it up, look for both of them to drop.

6) Both Jake Long and Sam Baker are top 5 prospects and will translate well into the NFL.

Comments?

Manningham is only a junior though, so if he has a mediocre season, I'd simply look for him to stick for his senior year. Keep in mind though, I'm not disagreeing with you that if he doesn't step up and still decides to come out, he'll slide. Agreed about Henne, I thought he'd be stud after his frehsman year, and while he's flashed great play, he hasn't really seemed to progress from his freshman season IMO.

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Completely disagree with your statement on Edwards. As has been said, he hasn't played any big games in the NFL, and he performed his best in big games in college IMO.

gbpackers0065
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
go watch anime

neko4
05-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I love Colt Brennan, and it will definitly come down to him and Brohm, but Brohm is better.
Also Brennan is in a pass happy system. This can be seen by the fact that, Louisville has had 3 pure RB's since 2005 get drafted. Nate Iloa is the only one Hawaii has had and hes a pass-catching RB for the most part. Proofs in the pudding

Psycho
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM

Comments?1. Andre Woodson is being looked at as a 1ST rounder right now.
2. Um, I doubt Slaton is going to be a first round pick, but it's still too early to call that. I feel there are a couple of running backs ahead of him if they declare. Next year's rb class is loaded if juniors come out. I don't see Slaton as a complete back.
3. Bush was a gamble, and Raiders don't have a clear cut rb starter right now. Unless someone proves himself there's a big chance of DMC going to raiders.
*and no, no way in hell will Slaton overshadow McFadden as an NFL prospect, unless McFadden gets seriously injured, or have serious off the field issues.
4. Um, Brohm did the same thing that Brennan did, stick with his team for one more year. They also get similar criticisms, both are thought by some to be system QBs. Brennan may have a little more arm strength but Brohm is more polished, accurate, a good decision maker and right now appears to be the better prospect. You didn't really support that statement.
5. Manningham doesn't have to come out next year. As far as Henne goes, he throws one of the best deep balls in college football, he just has to improve on his short/intermediate throws. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now.
6. I would put them more as top ten, but not a big difference there.

Green Bay Scat
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Earl Bennett and Jonathan Goff, not even being ranked on some. Bennetts got a lot of talent and Goff has the size and skill to be a great LB in a 3-4. Plus both are great character guys

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
go watch anime

ha ha good one. I didn't even notice the screen name.

naruto613
05-15-2007, 09:54 PM
1. Andre Woodson is being looked at as a 1ST rounder right now.
2. Um, I doubt Slaton is going to be a first round pick, but it's still too early to call that. I feel there are a couple of running backs ahead of him if they declare. Next year's rb class is loaded if juniors come out. I don't see Slaton as a complete back.
3. Bush was a gamble, and Raiders don't have a clear cut rb starter right now. Unless someone proves himself there's a big chance of DMC going to raiders.
*and no, no way in hell will Slaton overshadow McFadden as an NFL prospect, unless McFadden gets seriously injured, or have serious off the field issues.
4. Um, Brohm did the same thing that Brennan did, stick with his team for one more year. They also get similar criticisms, both are thought by some to be system QBs. Brennan may have a little more arm strength but Brohm is more polished, accurate, a good decision maker and right now appears to be the better prospect. You didn't really support that statement.
5. Manningham doesn't have to come out next year. As far as Henne goes, he throws one of the best deep balls in college football, he just has to improve on his short/intermediate throws. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now.
6. I would put them more as top ten, but not a big difference there.

1) I was referring to peoples' mock drafts where they have woodson going 1 or 2.

2) When it boils down to it, West Virginia is BCS bound (personally I think it's WVU vs USC in the championship game). Arkansas, aside from DMC tearing it up, will be this year's Rutgers (kick some ass then fall victim to the system and end up playing some random team). Yes, DMC is pretty freakin good, but watch Slaton closer. He's not only a very complete back, but it seems that defenses are almost focusing in on him (very Reggie Bush like). He has pretty good hands and can even grab a ball out of the air once in a while. DMC just looks good at what he does, as far as juking some guy out of his cleats. Which looks better on the highlight reel? DMC juking every guy on the field or an RB leading his team to victory over the course of a game?

3) Refer to #2

4) Polished and Accurate? Yeah, but Brennan is pretty good at what he does; I think he had 58 TDs last year? If they both come from the same system and Louisville lost their star back last year, shouldn't Brohm have put up monster numbers like Brennan does every game? Yes I know the WAC is kinda weak but Brennan makes even the best WAC defenders look like pee-wee players. In the end I think Brohm will go higher in the draft but Brennan will translate and will be the next Peyton Manning.

5) After this year at Michigan, the incoming freshman aren't as highly recognized as Tennessee or USC, which brought in the best HS players IMO. IMO I think that this is Manningham's year to show why he's better than Edwards. And lets think for a sec....isn't the point of drafting a WR in the top 5 is for them to come in and domninate? So far, haven't seen much domination. Every game in the NFL is a big game, college is a different story. Edwards has been a bust thus far, but most people are afraid to admit it because, like CJ, has a large group of supporters and fans looking to him to make big plays. Until I seem him making big plays and being a key possession WR that the Browns really need, I'm not impressed. Bust. And with Manningham....he's just another Michigan WR who looks great (when does any college WR get to play for a team with 145,000 screaming fans behind him at every game?) he'll bust in the NFL.

6) We'll have to see them against big time D-Lineman, until then I have them Top 5 on my Mock.

Sniper
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
1) I was referring to peoples' mock drafts where they have woodson going 1 or 2.

2) When it boils down to it, West Virginia is BCS bound (personally I think it's WVU vs USC in the championship game). Arkansas, aside from DMC tearing it up, will be this year's Rutgers (kick some ass then fall victim to the system and end up playing some random team). Yes, DMC is pretty freakin good, but watch Slaton closer. He's not only a very complete back, but it seems that defenses are almost focusing in on him (very Reggie Bush like). He has pretty good hands and can even grab a ball out of the air once in a while. DMC just looks good at what he does, as far as juking some guy out of his cleats. Which looks better on the highlight reel? DMC juking every guy on the field or an RB leading his team to victory over the course of a game?

3) Refer to #2

4) Polished and Accurate? Yeah, but Brennan is pretty good at what he does; I think he had 58 TDs last year? If they both come from the same system and Louisville lost their star back last year, shouldn't Brohm have put up monster numbers like Brennan does every game? Yes I know the WAC is kinda weak but Brennan makes even the best WAC defenders look like pee-wee players. In the end I think Brohm will go higher in the draft but Brennan will translate and will be the next Peyton Manning.

5) After this year at Michigan, the incoming freshman aren't as highly recognized as Tennessee or USC, which brought in the best HS players IMO. IMO I think that this is Manningham's year to show why he's better than Edwards. And lets think for a sec....isn't the point of drafting a WR in the top 5 is for them to come in and domninate? So far, haven't seen much domination. Every game in the NFL is a big game, college is a different story. Edwards has been a bust thus far, but most people are afraid to admit it because, like CJ, has a large group of supporters and fans looking to him to make big plays. Until I seem him making big plays and being a key possession WR that the Browns really need, I'm not impressed. Bust. And with Manningham....he's just another Michigan WR who looks great (when does any college WR get to play for a team with 145,000 screaming fans behind him at every game?) he'll bust in the NFL.

6) We'll have to see them against big time D-Lineman, until then I have them Top 5 on my Mock.

I really don't see WVU in the title game this year. They have a sick and explosive offense but their defense is their Achilles heel. If they can find more consistent playmakers on D they could be in the title game. I think LSU has a really good chance to play SC, as do Florida, Louisville, Texas and Michigan

Paranoidmoonduck
05-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Keep in mind that Crockett is rumored to be considering retirement, Fargas might not make it out of camp, Rhodes signed a one year contract, and Jordan is likely gone after this year when the cap hit will be basically nil.

After this year we'll have Bush, who may be not a whole lot more than a good 3rd down back, Griffith, and maybe Fargas. Add in the fact that Al Davis has a history of going for runningbacks he wants, regardless of who is on his roster, and I think McFadden would look very appealing.

JPF
05-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Keep in mind that Crockett is rumored to be considering retirement, Fargas might not make it out of camp, Rhodes signed a one year contract, and Jordan is likely gone after this year when the cap hit will be basically nil.

After this year we'll have Bush, who may be not a whole lot more than a good 3rd down back, Griffith, and maybe Fargas. Add in the fact that Al Davis has a history of going for runningbacks he wants, regardless of who is on his roster, and I think McFadden would look very appealing.

Isn't Fargas' contract up after this year as well?

Paranoidmoonduck
05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Isn't Fargas' contract up after this year as well?

I believe so, but if he manages to stay with the team I would that bet he would stand a better chance of being resigned than either Jordan or Rhodes. He's cheaper, faster, and Al Davis would be an idiot to leave just Michael Bush on the roster.

Buttered toast sonic
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
IMO, slaton might become this drafts most over rated player.

sure, he puts up crazy numbers, but many WVU RB's have done so (Amos zeroue) he lacks ideal size (5-10 195lbs) and has had injury problems (he missed spring practice this year because of his wrist, and most of the gator bowl with a thigh bruise)

ironman4579
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM

Well, I don't see how you can call someone a bust after 2 seasons in the league, one cut short by a serious knee injury, and the other coming off the same knee injury. If you're going to say that every game in the NFL is a big game, then I guess just about every player in the league is "not a big game player." But I would say that the biggest games in the NFL short of the playoffs are divisional games. Edwards played his best games against divisional opponents last year.

vs Cin- 4 catches 110 yards

vs Bal- 5 catches 116 yards 1 TD

vs Pit- 7 catches 137 yards

vs Pit- 4 catches 86 yards 1 TD

vs Bal- 5 catches 68 yards 1 TD

The only bad game he had against the division was against Cincinnati with 2 catches for 29 yards. I would say he plays his best in big games, and always has. As for calling someone a bust after 2 season, that's just goofy.

Phrost
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
The defending Super Bowl champs are a Peyton Manning injury away from potentially having the first overall pick.

I didn't think a slip like that was possible until I realized the consequences of him getting hurt.

Bearsfan123
05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
No one should forget that McFadden can fall, remember last year at this time Michael Bush was a sure-fire first rounder.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Comments?Your right because our running back corp is so great.
LJ is crap who doesnt fit the system were running.He doesnt run with any power.
Dominic Rhodes is a good backup nothing more.
Both of these guys will likely be cut after the season.It will save cap space.
Bush was overated before his injury and obviously most teams thought so since he fell to day two.A guy who doesnt run with alot of power for his size.
Justin Fargas wont stop Al from getting McFadden.
If McFadden falls to us we will pick him.Kiffin likes to use multiple RBsFrom what Ive heard is that McFadden has bulked up quite a bit.He has speed,power,vision,and good hands.And just to let you know I was saying the Raiders wouldnt draft a QB in the first for quite a long time.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
No one should forget that McFadden can fall, remember last year at this time Michael Bush was a sure-fire first rounder.
and could have easily fell to the to the 2nd or third.

ThEvIcTR
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Well, I don't see how you can call someone a bust after 2 seasons in the league, one cut short by a serious knee injury, and the other coming off the same knee injury. If you're going to say that every game in the NFL is a big game, then I guess just about every player in the league is "not a big game player." But I would say that the biggest games in the NFL short of the playoffs are divisional games. Edwards played his best games against divisional opponents last year.

vs Cin- 4 catches 110 yards

vs Bal- 5 catches 116 yards 1 TD

vs Pit- 7 catches 137 yards

vs Pit- 4 catches 86 yards 1 TD

vs Bal- 5 catches 68 yards 1 TD

The only bad game he had against the division was against Cincinnati with 2 catches for 29 yards. I would say he plays his best in big games, and always has. As for calling someone a bust after 2 season, that's just goofy.

Congrats on making a buckeye eat his own nuts right there. I really dont even have to say anything because he just made you look silly. Braylon was also doing this with a terrible offensive line and Frye as his QB.

Purple N Proud
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I'll eat those delicious chocolate and peanut butter nuts all day long. It's funny, I seem to remember a day back in the shoe in twenty ought four, the day Troy Smith became a legend. Braylon Edwards dropping a ball on third and short...he wasn't even being covered. Hahaha playing his best in big games. I can't wait to see how Llllloyd, Henne, and hart screw up this year.

ironman4579
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I'll eat those delicious chocolate and peanut butter nuts all day long. It's funny, I seem to remember a day back in the shoe in twenty ought four, the day Troy Smith became a legend. Braylon Edwards dropping a ball on third and short...he wasn't even being covered. Hahaha playing his best in big games. I can't wait to see how Llllloyd, Henne, and hart screw up this year.

You mean the game he had 11 catches for 172 yards and a TD? OSU won that game by more than a TD, I don't think that dropped pass made a huge difference in the outcome.

Sniper
06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll eat those nuts all day long.

Might have issues there bud

draftguru151
06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I didn't think a slip like that was possible until I realized the consequences of him getting hurt.

If Manning gets hurt the NFL will done with. If Jim Sorgi actually gets to play everyone else will just forfeit, there would be no point in playing.

Sniper
06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
If Manning gets hurt the NFL will done with. If Jim Sorgi actually gets to play everyone else will just forfeit, there would be no point in playing.

Apparently, a Jim Sorgi deep pass has enough power in it to power the entire country of Australia for a solid 45 minutes. It's true, look it up

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-02-2007, 02:22 AM
I hate it when people make threads like these and then never back up their arguments.

BigJohn98
06-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I've noticed that as well.

Honestly, if Leftwich stays healthy, the Jags are playoff bound.

Plus it wouldn't hurt if Reggie Williams wasn't afraid to go in the middle of the field to grab a pass.

Reggie will go over the middle to grab a pass. He did it against Washington. He took a huge hit from Sean Taylor, held on to the ball, and scored. Matt Jones on the other hand wouldn't go over the middle for anything. Reggie and Ernest are capable of going over the middle. Matt Jones is a different story.

Geo
06-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Steve Slaton, not a 1st round pick? I'd disagree with that. Granted he's a bit slim, but you can't teach that speed and vision and he can take a hit despite his frame (much like, say, Warrick Dunn). He won't leapfrog DMC, or probably even James Stewart and maybe James Davis as well should they declare, but I think he'll get selected in the 1st round.

Where could Slaton fit best? I think a dome and a spread offense would be the ideal situation, so Detroit immediately springs to mind - the team would have to be convinced that Kevin Jones might not return to full health from his Lisfranc injury, that he can't stay durable as a full-time back, or that they won't sign him to a big deal with only 08 left on his current contract (for reasons above or otherwise).

I doubt the Lions spend their original 1st round pick on Slaton, they probably will address the defense - Glenn Dorsey, anyone? - or maybe the offensive line, but they could probably trade back into the 1st round and acquire Slaton much like how they acquired Jones in 04.

keylime_5
06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Slaton isn't a first rounder, I don't see it. He's 5-10/190 on a good day and in a system that produces monster stats for their RBs....not to mention he plays in the big easy-i mean east- conference. Kay Jay Harris had 2000 yards for WVU and went undrafted. Slaton is small, yes he's fast, but he's small and he'll be chum in the NFL with the men who play in that league.

Brohm is kinda overatted based on what he has done (or should I say hasn't done) in college. He's been good so far - solid, but not great like Roethilsberger or Leftwich were in their easy conferences coming out of college. But overrated or not, he will be a top 3 pick next year.

Manningham is a great WR, but he's 6-0/191 and not that physical. He'll be a first round guy, but not top 10 unless he shows up next spring weighing around 200 or running a 4.4 or less.

Henne is so overrated, he has a delivery that is so low that he gets more passes batted down or tipped at the line than Troy Smith did, who is 2 inches shorter. Henne's mechanics aren't too hot, and he has never really won a big game either, and the only good QB to come out of Michigan recently has been T.Brady (but you can accredit his glory to Weis, not Michigan). I think Chad drops to the 2nd or 3rd round even with a good year.

DiG
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
1)

you got to be joking. brohms technique is far superior to brennans. throw brennan in louisvilles offense and he wouldnt be close to the same qb. put brohm in hawaii's and hed throw for 6000 yards probably. brohm is the best qb prospect since carson palmer. his technique is sound. he has great arm strength. hes shown that he can come back from injury and he is a winner. this year he will prove even more.

DorianSmith
06-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Comments?

I agree with everything u just said! +rep

Grave Digger
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Just my opinion about who's going to pick #1 overall, I think it will either be the Browns or Lions for these reasons:

Neither team made significant enough additions in the offseason to make me think either team will improve from the #2 and #3 spots they had this year.

The Lions added Calvin Johnson...good job. He's a talented receiver, but their Oline is so pitiful I see the same results as last year. Kitna will have a hard time getting passes off. What were they 2nd in the league in sacks allowed? I saw no significant additions on defense either. People waiting for Boss Bailey and Teddy Lehman to live up to expectations will be waiting a LONG time IMO. To be completely honest, the only things about their roster that impresses me are Roy Williams AND Calvin Johnson. That alone won't win them more than a couple games.

As for the Browns, I see a lot of question marks. I don't see a ton of depth on their roster. Big question marks at QB IMO (I'm not a fan of Frye). Certainly they upgraded the run game, but the question is, how much did they improve it? Is it better than what they were last year, which was 31st? They pretty much put it all on Frye last year it seemed, and it didn't get them far.

That's just an outsiders opinion. Maybe I'm not fully informed about all of their players, I don't know. Right now I see the Lions as the #1, the Browns and Raiders in a tie for #2.

draftguru151
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Lions will likely have a top 5 pick, but the did improve the team. They got a new RT and new OG, drafted another OG. Brought in Bell and Jones should be back next season at some point. Signed a good system DE, drafted another high motor guy. Still likely a top 5 pick, but they did improve.

Browns did a lot to improve though. Entirely new left side that should be very, very good. New RB, new QB, Winslow getting healthier, DL is iffy but LB corps is great and deep, good safety combo and Wright can be very good opposite Bodden. Not a playoff team but depending on how Quinn/Frye can do definitely a team that can pick in the teens.

RoyHall#1
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Just my opinion about who's going to pick #1 overall, I think it will either be the Browns or Lions for these reasons:

Neither team made significant enough additions in the offseason to make me think either team will improve from the #2 and #3 spots they had this year.

Browns off-season:

Eric Steinbach, LG
Jamal Lewis, RB
Antwaan Peek, LB
Robaire Smith, DE
Joe Thomas, LT
Eric Wright, CB
Shaun SMith, DL

All of these guys are new additions that will make an instant impact on a young Brown's team that has a ton of potential. Not saying we'll win the Super Bowl, just saying there is no way in hell we have a top 5 pick next year. Or, I should say, that Dallas has a top 5 pick next year.

Jericho@SC
06-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Where is Sedrick Ellis?

NY+Giants=NYG
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
The question in my mind is Slaton is durable enough to last at the NFL level. As a giant fan, I need to see how he does at the combine, and all the offseason stuff, but if we have a top 10 pick, I'd rather go linemen or other need rather than go RB, especially Slaton.

Caddy
06-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Apparently, a Jim Sorgi deep pass has enough power in it to power the entire country of Australia for a solid 45 minutes. It's true, look it up

Hey, leave Australia out of this, we are a pretty freaking huge country anyway. :)

bucs_fan333
07-10-2007, 01:23 AM
1. Andre Woodson is being looked at as a 1ST rounder right now.

He put up excellent #s last year. If he repeats them he will be a first round pick.

With Jordan, Bush, and Rhodes (after suspension) they should be set at RB and won't take McFadden. Bush was steal of the draft.

5. As far as Henne goes, he throws one of the best deep balls in college football, he just has to improve on his short/intermediate throws. He also has to show some consistency. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now.

I agree with this 100%!!!

Earl Bennett and Jonathan Goff, not even being ranked on some. Bennetts got a lot of talent and Goff has the size and skill to be a great LB in a 3-4. Plus both are great character guys.

Earl Bennett is overrated by people on this board. Goff is a decent prospect.

I wish I saw you right after I read this so I could slap you in the face. To say the WAC is "kinda weak" is like saying LT might make the HOF someday... DUH... Brennan is in a pass-happy offense. Brohm isn't as much. Brohm is more accurate and should be fine in the NFL. Brennan as the next Peyton...HAHAHA!!! If that happens, I'll be your personal slave for the rest of my life.

Edwards hasn't proven himself a bust. He's steadily improving. Ocho Cinco couldn't put up good numbers in Cleveland. Who's their QB??? A better question: Who's been their QB(s)??? Manningham should be fine if he can stay healthy. He's a beast with amazing hands.

bucs_fan333
07-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Henne is so overrated, he has a delivery that is so low that he gets more passes batted down or tipped at the line than Troy Smith did, who is 2 inches shorter. Henne's mechanics aren't too hot, and he has never really won a big game either, and the only good QB to come out of Michigan recently has been T.Brady (but you can accredit his glory to Weis, not Michigan). I think Chad drops to the 2nd or 3rd round even with a good year.

You can't put a knock on someone because they "can't win the big game." Remember Peyton!? I believe Henne is overrated by some. He is too inconsistent.

Sniper
07-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Earl Bennett is overrated by people on this board. Goff is a decent prospect

I guess the SEC coaches overrate him too then when they named him the best WR in the "almighty" SEC