PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Bradshaw

naruto613
05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Anyone have an comments on this guy? He had a nice season and he seemed like a 4th rounder. I forgot why he dropped, but I think it was off the field/character problems. Otherwise...any thoughts?

scottyboy
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
fine, i was wrong...

Damix
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
doesnt need its own thread...

I really don't see why not?

He did drop because of character concerns, so if his head is on straight now, we got a bit of a steal. He was never projected as really a Day 1 type of guy, but even getting 5th round talent in the 7th is nice.

We'll see how he looks with the pads on, with Sims being released already, thats one guy down he has to beat out. I think Grant is his major competition, we all know Ward in below average, so I think the coaches would rather go with the unknown for a 3rd RB.

ricky bobby
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I've watched some clips of him and to be honest he doesn't look all that great, but i've been wrong before. I do hope he gets a roster spot however.

bigbluedefense
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
For a 7th rounder, who cares. If he works, great, if not, no big deal. I wouldve liked Darius Walker over him, for if anything else the character issues, but eh whatever.

Our RB faith lies squarely on Jacobs and Droughns. I think it will work out, although Im cautiously optimistic.

BaLLiN
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
he got arrested for underage drinking and withholding justice, so I see it that he made one mistake and got drunk at a party, but when you are big man on campus who wouldn't pass that up, and the withholding justice is not his fault, his friend or someone else probably did something wrong and he wasn't going to rat him out. He is a good talent for a 7th, but I thought that Walker would be better but we'll see.

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
he got arrested for underage drinking and withholding justice, so I see it that he made one mistake and got drunk at a party, but when you are big man on campus who wouldn't pass that up, and the withholding justice is not his fault, his friend or someone else probably did something wrong and he wasn't going to rat him out. He is a good talent for a 7th, but I thought that Walker would be better but we'll see.
I believe he also stole a PS2.

naruto613
05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
he did very well at the combine, I think he'll be this years Mike Bell and provide some serious competition for 2nd String. Just a thought.

Philliez01
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I was a huge fan of Bradshaw before the draft and I think he's a good investment. I can see him having a Dominic Rhodes-esque career to be honest with you. He'd be a good compliment to Jacobs if Droughns wasn't brought in.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:16 AM
I was a huge fan of Bradshaw before the draft and I think he's a good investment. I can see him having a Dominic Rhodes-esque career to be honest with you. He'd be a good compliment to Jacobs if Droughns wasn't brought in.

Honestly, we have very little committed to Droughns. If Bradshaw does turn out the way you think he could, Droughns could be riding the bench the second half of this year and could be cut after this upcoming season.

ricky bobby
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Honestly, we have very little committed to Droughns. If Bradshaw does turn out the way you think he could, Droughns could be riding the bench the second half of this year and could be cut after this upcoming season.
Wouldn't shock me one bit. We did get him for Tim Carter after all.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't shock me one bit. We did get him for Tim Carter after all.

Not only that, but there is no cap hit for cutting him I believe.

ricky bobby
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
"It was such a heist, Giants General Manager Jerry Reese probably wore a stocking over his head while he picked Bradshaw."

Thought that was a pretty funny quote

http://www.dailymail.com/story/Sports/2007052519/Bradshaw-is-making-a-name-for-himself/

bigbluedefense
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Everyone is saying we stole the kid. I sure hope so. I was actually upset we passed on Darius Walker for him, but if he is who people are saying he is, we mightve gotten the better player.

I need to know more about him. I didnt see any gametape of the kid.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-30-2007, 08:23 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=108#S=108&F=1051&T=556877

Marshall fans thought of AB. Mind you this is a small MB i guess compared to the other bigger schools.

HerthaFootballFan
07-28-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq-3G7gOlHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxsvvXfSTNY

NYGibril28
09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
He made the team and he had a great pre-season. He is quick to the hole and has good breakaway speed. He provides nice insurance behind Droughns and Jacobs, a lot better than most 3rd string RBs.

Jughead10
09-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Bradshaw looks like he will be returning all kick offs. Nice way to get him on the field for now.

scottyboy
09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Bradshaw looks like he will be returning all kick offs. Nice way to get him on the field for now.

thats good. we don't have a stud returner right now. Ross, Ward, Moss, R dubs and even Smith are options, but Bradshaw is the best choice right now, although i think Ward is right on his tail for KR duties...

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I was probably (along with Philliez) the biggest Bradshaw homer leading up to the draft. I was calling for the Bills to draft him in the 3rd I was so high on him. Then of course he kills the Bills when he plays them. Oh well. Is Bradshaw Tiki Barber Pt. 2? LOL, I guess we'll see. Enjoy him, Giants fans.

Damix
01-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I was probably (along with Philliez) the biggest Bradshaw homer leading up to the draft. I was calling for the Bills to draft him in the 3rd I was so high on him. Then of course he kills the Bills when he plays them. Oh well. Is Bradshaw Tiki Barber Pt. 2? LOL, I guess we'll see. Enjoy him, Giants fans.

Tiki part 2 is pushing it a little, but I do love him as the change of pace to Jacobs. I really would not have a problem with Jacobs-Bradshaw-veteran as our running situation next year, and the fact that he makes our return game that much better really helps.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Ross returns punts next year.

Fogartynyy2789
01-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I like Bradshaw as a change of pace back because Jacobs cannot keep getting punished the way he does on every play. I could easily see Bradshaw playing Julius Jones to Jacobs' Marion Barber for the next 5 years.

Crickett
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
With the emergence of Bradshaw, where does this leave Derrick Ward? Before his injury, Ward looked like he was in the process of breaking out like Bradshaw has before he (Ward) had his season ending injury.

BamaFalcon59
01-19-2008, 01:40 PM
What could Ward be had for?

scottyboy
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm 99% sure Ward is a UFA. Pretty sure he was a RFA last year. I wouldn't mind resigning him, keeping BJ, Bradshaw, Ward and Droughns on the roster. But Ward may get some better offers from other teams where he may be more involved. Don't expect the Giants to throw much money at him

hugegmenfan
01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm 99% sure Ward is a UFA. Pretty sure he was a RFA last year. I wouldn't mind resigning him, keeping BJ, Bradshaw, Ward and Droughns on the roster. But Ward may get some better offers from other teams where he may be more involved. Don't expect the Giants to throw much money at him

you are correct. ward was a restricted FA last year, he is an UFA this year. I would like to resign him, but if he gets an offer we have to match, i would not mind just getting the compensation of prob a 3rd round pick? for him and then drafting a hb.

Damix
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
there is no compensation if he is a UFA, unless you mean not this year, but the year after, then at best we get like a 7th rounder.

skiinginNJ
01-21-2008, 12:21 AM
man, bradshaw is impressive.

i was critical of him earlier in the year (in the sense he was a 7th round guy, and hadnt done much) but since the buffalo game, he was been a godsend for this offense

bigbluedefense
01-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Is it just me or does Ahmad Bradshaw remind you of a developing Brian Westbrook?

I really think we got something with him. He needs to be our feature back.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Is it just me or does Ahmad Bradshaw remind you of a developing Brian Westbrook?

I really think we got something with him. He needs to be our feature back.

That's what I been saying. More of Jacobs I see the more i am indifferent about him. I still can't believe he avged 5 yards a carry. He has been outplayed by Bradshaw this post season. If we are going to beat the Pats I hope he can step it up, and shine. Now this is his time. Jacobs lack of vision and balance will undo him in the end. If Bradshaw gets the mental part ofblitz pickup down, he is better runner. Just on that TD run that got called back, had that been jacobs that leg tackle would have brought him down. Bradshaw's balance is just uncanny.

hugegmenfan
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
That's what I been saying. More of Jacobs I see the more i am indifferent about him. I still can't believe he avged 5 yards a carry. He has been outplayed by Bradshaw this post season. If we are going to beat the Pats I hope he can step it up, and shine. Now this is his time. Jacobs lack of vision and balance will undo him in the end. If Bradshaw gets the mental part ofblitz pickup down, he is better runner. Just on that TD run that got called back, had that been jacobs that leg tackle would have brought him down. Bradshaw's balance is just uncanny.

Both have something to contribute. For example, last night jacobs style of running was just not effective against the packers, so we bring in bradshaw who was more successful. But there are going to be those games where a bruiser is more effective against an undersized defense. i think jacobs still should be our premiere back but i would like to see bradshaw in on more screen plays or things like that.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Both have something to contribute. For example, last night jacobs style of running was just not effective against the packers, so we bring in bradshaw who was more successful. But there are going to be those games where a bruiser is more effective against an undersized defense. i think jacobs still should be our premiere back but i would like to see bradshaw in on more screen plays or things like that.

Well as of now, I agree. I mean Bradshaw hasn't taken the load and I wouldn't want him to now. Dallas made an error doing it with Barber and he got tired. Wade F'ed up on that big time. But if Bradshaw can show later in the future he can carry the load, then it would render Jacobs useless. More of a 2nd back as a change of pace back. But I love Bradshaw's style and ability.

Damix
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure Bradshaw would be nearly as effective as a primary back, I like how we are using them both and hope we do the same next year.

bigbluedefense
01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Im not a fan of Jacobs. He has no vision, no speed, he can't change direction, he doesn't fit this system at all. We would be better drafting a RB and using that RB and Bradshaw as our 1,2 punch, with Jacobs strictly as a goalline back again.

He's just not that good. He's just a big guy, thats it. Imagine how good this offense would be if we had a Ray Rice/Mike Hart plus Bradshaw RBC? Rice/Hart can give us the power and speed, and Bradshaw can be change of pace.

Our run game is built on cutbacks, pulling guards and speed. Jacobs doesn't fit. He has no vision, very slow first steps, he doesn't even bruise like he used to. Not to mention he's an injury concern.

Im opening up to the idea of getting a RB to replace him. Getting a Rice/Hart who will split 12 carries with 12 carries to Bradshaw would really make this offense tick. Im all for it.

Go_Eli
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Im not a fan of Jacobs. He has no vision, no speed, he can't change direction, he doesn't fit this system at all. We would be better drafting a RB and using that RB and Bradshaw as our 1,2 punch, with Jacobs strictly as a goalline back again.

He's just not that good. He's just a big guy, thats it. Imagine how good this offense would be if we had a Ray Rice/Mike Hart plus Bradshaw RBC? Rice/Hart can give us the power and speed, and Bradshaw can be change of pace.

Our run game is built on cutbacks, pulling guards and speed. Jacobs doesn't fit. He has no vision, very slow first steps, he doesn't even bruise like he used to. Not to mention he's an injury concern.

Im opening up to the idea of getting a RB to replace him. Getting a Rice/Hart who will split 12 carries with 12 carries to Bradshaw would really make this offense tick. Im all for it.

I think it was Bob Popa today who said Jacobs is great for this team because it forces a 8th guy in the box and Jacobs still grinds out a few yards. When Bradshaw comes in, the defense relaxes a bit and Bradshaw can pick up big chunks.

Using Jacobs as a goalline back makes him too predictable.

Damix
01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
See I don't really agree, you can't teach the strength Jacobs has, he's probably the only RB that takes a MLB and carries him 6 yards. Or puts a huge lick on Woodson on the first play.

Nor do I think Bradshaw is nearly effective if Jacobs doesn't punish the defense first.

I really do like how we use them, and hope that next year we start with Jacobs and continue to mix in Bradshaw.

Some games Jacobs will be more effective and he'll get the bulk of 2nd half carries, while other games its the opposite. These are 2 very different runners, and thats a good thing to have.