PDA

View Full Version : Not Another 23Trufant Mock

23trufant
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
1- Houston Texans - Darren McFadden, RB - Arkansas
Texas's signed Ahman Green but he is an older back and there is no way they can pass on a playmaker like this. McFadden will take pressure off Shuab and be an option in the passing attack out of the back field.

2- Miami Dolphins - Sam Baker, OT – USC
Vernon Carey was openly displeased with his move from RT to LT and I think he is better off at RT anyways. Baker is great OT prospect and the Dolphins could surely use him.

3- Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell, DE – Miami
The Redskins were criticized by many for passing on a Dline player in the 07 draft but Campbell is to good to let slip away. He should make an impact right away.

4- Dallas Cowboys (T/CLE) - DeSean Jackson, WR – California
T.O. and Terry Glenn are both in their early 30s and its time a new WR is brought in. Jackson added to those two, along with Patrick Crayton is a deadly group. Romo would be very happy.

5- Tampa Bay Bucs - Glenn Dorsey, DT – LSU
Tampa Bay was at their finest when they had a dominate D, they need to return to that level again. McFarland was a pretty big loss. Dorsey and Gaines Adams should be a great start to getting back a once dominate Dline.

6- Oakland Raiders - Jake Long, OT – Michigan
Personally, I like Long more than Baker but they are very close. Long should be able to protect Russell's blindside for the next 10-12 years. If the Raiders can get their Oline working well and if Russell pans out.. watch out.

7- Kansas City Chiefs - Brian Brohm, QB - Louisville
Damon Huard is not the answer. Brodie Croyle is supposedly very liked by the coaches and was a 3rd round pick only 2 years ago, but Brohm is the #1 rated QB in the draft and might be too good to pass on.

8- Tennesse Titans - Mario Manningham, WR - Michigan
The Titans lack an elite target for Vince Young and I fear this year some of his passing flaws might be rediscovered. I like Vince Young but it will be hard for him to progress if they do not give him good WRs.

9- Green Bay Packers - Antoine Cason, CB - Arizona
Woodson and Harris are getting into their mid 30s and a replacement needs to come in. Hopefully Cason is not another Ahmad Carroll. I wanted to go RB but just didnt know what to do... Packers fans I need your help.

10- Detroit Lions - Rey Maualuga, LB - USC
The Lions to me seem like they are finally headed into the right direction. Ernie Simms had a good rookie year and hopes to build on it. Boss Bailey is decent, Teddy Lehman is always injuried and Paris Lemon can be upgraded. Maualuga and Simms look to make Detroit a contender.

11- Arizona Cardinals - Kenny Phillips, S - Miami
Damn the Cardinals always seem to get the star player that falls abit. Phillips is one of my favorite players in the draft and I probably should have gotten him in there earlier. Phillips will immediately upgrade the Cards secondary. Phillips and Adrian Wilson will be a scray team back there.

12- New York Giants - Steve Slaton, RB - WVU
Brandon Jacobs is a good back but I think Tiki Barber made him look better than he truely was. With Slaton they get an amazingly fast RB to complement Jacobs pounding style. The two are a perfect match together.

13- New York Jets - Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
A great player for the 3-4. The Jets still need to aquire some more players to fit their scheme. Harvey IMO is better than Jarvis Moss.

14- Minnesota Vikings - Jared Gaither, OT - Maryland
The Left side of their Oline looks amazing but not the same can be said for the right side which could really use a lift. Gaither is a great OT prospect who should benefit having to practice against the Vikings Dline.

15- St. Louis Rams - Chris Ellis, DE - VaTech
The Rams drafted some much needed help for their Dline in Adam Carriker but that alone will not be enough. Ellis teamed with Leonard Little and Carriker should be able to make their Dline respectable.

16- Jacksonville Jaguars - Tyson Jackson, DE - LSU
The Jaguars have two of the best DTs in the entire NFL but lack a true stud at DE. They have some alright DEs but none would compare to Jackson. Jackson would greatly benefit from working with Stroud and Henderson.

17- Carolina Panthers - Xavier Adibi, LB - VaTech
Thomas Davis has done nothing to prove he was worth a 1st round pick,Dan Morgan is always injured, and their top LB from last year Chris Draft. Jon Beason should help with some of that but getting Adibi would really help.

18- Buffalo Bills - Paul Oliver, CB - Georgia
The Bills have one of the better young secondaries in the league but lack some depth at CB and some talent could be upgraded. Oliver should fit in and give the Bills some help.

19- Atlanta Falcons - Sedrick Ellis, DT - USC
New coach Petrino really likes his trenches to be big and strong. Ellis is the man for the job. Rod Coleman is an elite DT but he could use some help. The DEs need to stay healthy and preform to their talent to let Ellis and Coleman excel.

20- New England Patriots (T/49ers) - Quentin Groves, DE - Auburn
Groves is a good canidate to move to OLB in the 3-4. The Pats got Adalius Thomas in FA but he is not young and the Pats need to get some younger players in their LB core.

21- Pittsburgh Steelers - James Laurinaitis, LB - Ohio State
To me he just seems like a Steeler. The Steeler also need a younger MLB to groom and take over for James Farrior who is in his mid 30s. Laurinaitis should help Tomlin continue with Pitts dominate D.

22- New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers, LB - USC
The Saints got away last year with IMO below average DBs and average LBs. They took some CBs in the 07 draft but LB was not adressed. Rivers is a big talent that the Saints will surely welcome.

23- Denver Broncos - Early Doucet, WR - LSU
Not sure how I let him fall this far I almost put him more than 10 picks higher than this but **** happens and the Broncos will benefit. Javon Walker is a great WR, and I really like Brandon Marshall, but Rod Smith is going to be gone by now and might already be, Brandon Stokely should not be a factor in not getting Doucet. Doucet woulg give Cutler another option in the passing attack.

24- Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Stewart, HB, Oregon
Julius Jones has been sort of a disappointment throught his career. Marion Barber is a good RB but not sure he can carry the load. Stewart should be able to grab the feature back role and allow Barber to be at his best as a back up that gets alot of carries.

25- Chicago Bears - Colt Brennan, QB - Hawaii
I am not one of the Grossman haters but he is FA after this season and he needs to step his game up. As of now Brennan is my #2 QB but this season I can feel alot will change. There are almost 5-6 QBs, I could see in the 1st round.

26- Cincinnati Bengals - Dan Connor, LB - Penn State
Cincinnati has had some bad luck with drafting LBs lately but Connor looks like the real deal. He should be able to help the Bengals defense which at times can be embarassing.

27- Baltimore Ravens - Malcolm Jenkins, CB - Ohio State
Chris McAllister is still a top CB but Samari Rolle has gone down hill. He is not the player he once was and should be replaced. Jenkins should be just another peice of the Ravens great D.

28- New England Patriots - Aqib Talib, CB – Kansas
Asante Samual has demanded a trade and after him they have some OK players but nothing special. Talib is a top CB in the 08 draft who might be considered a steal here.

29- San Francisco 49ers (T/IDY) - Will Arnold, OG - LSU
Rumor has it Justin Smiley is on the trade block. He is a FA after this season and the 49ers are not willing to pay him the money he wants. Arnold should be able to come in and pick up where Smiley left off.

30- Philadelphia Eagles - Limas Sweed, WR - Texas
The Eagles have a very solid team with only acouple weaknesses. IMO WR is not a need but they could use another one and Sweed is a great pick up. Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis might not be big names but they are good players. Sweed will team with them to form a very good and underrated receiving trio.

31- San Diego Chargers - Shawn Crable, LB – Michigan
I loved the Anthony Waters pick in the 07 draft but they still have another ILB spot to fill. Crable is a huge LB and should be a great player in San Diego.

32- Seattle Seahawks - Chris Long, DE - Virginia
Kinda forgot about him but he seems like a Seahawks type of player. Not a huge need for Seattle but could easily use him. They signed Patrick Kerney but he is not very young, Tapp seems to be a good player, Bryce Fisher is a solid player but nothing special. Long would provide depth and stregnth to the Seahawks.

Top Players Left (no order)
Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
Eric Ainge , QB, Tennessee
Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State
Justin King, CB, Penn State
John David Booty, QB, USC
Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
Ben Olsen, QB, UCLA
Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
Frank Okam DT, Texas
Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas
Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina
Allen Patrick, RB, Oklahoma

23trufant
05-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Any of the people listed as Top Players Left and a few others could easily be first rounders.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
20- New England Patriots (T/49ers) - Quentin Groves, DE - Auburn
Groves is a good canidate to move to OLB in the 3-4. The Pats got Adalius Thomas in FA but he is not young and the Pats need to get some younger players in their LB core.

25- Chicago Bears - Colt Brennan, QB - Hawaii
I am not one of the Grossman haters but he is FA after this season and he needs to step his game up. As of now Brennan is my #2 QB but this season I can feel alot will change. There are almost 5-6 QBs, I could see in the 1st round.

28- New England Patriots - Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
Asante Samual has demanded a trade and after him they have some OK players but nothing special. Talib is a top CB in the 08 draft who might be considered a steal here.

I would love to see the Pats get Talib, I don't know much about Groves however. I have seen alot of Brennan to the Bears lately, I do like the pick too.

23trufant
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I would love to see the Pats get Talib, I don't know much about Groves however. I have seen alot of Brennan to the Bears lately, I do like the pick too.

Do you like Brennan more than any other QB available then?

Caddy
05-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Pretty solid Buccaneers pick

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Do you like Brennan more than any other QB available then?

I have Brennan as my # 2 QB behind Booty, I would have no problem with Chicago taking Brennan or Booty.

sup3rk1ng
05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
You're correct that Smiley won't be on the roster in 08(or maybe even before the trade deadline), but his replacement is already on the roster. David Bass has been impressing the coaching staff and is expected to be the starter at RG next to Joe Staley. Even LG isn't a problem, Adam Snyder is expected to take over for Larry Allen when he eventually retires.

I don't even need to see this next season played out to know that we're going to go defensive line or OLB with our first pick next year. Both BY and Marques Douglas are free agents after this year, with BY most likely retiring and Douglas being 31 next year. We have a bunch of 'okay' guys but nobody really dominant, so we'd have to fix that through FA or the draft.

WMD
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure Maualuga fits well in a Cover 2 Defense...

KCJ58
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Don't Like The Rams Pick give us Xavier Adibi or Paul Oliver

fenikz
05-15-2007, 02:09 AM
A Dub & Phillips would be a sick combo, but i hope we aren't picking that high next year

and i like the mock overall except i fell cason is probably the 3rd bets cb behind king & oliver

packerpro42
05-15-2007, 06:32 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers get either Slaton or Stewart, I would go with them over Cason.

LitoSheppard
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Love the Eagles pick

Bengals1690
05-15-2007, 08:10 AM
bengals pick is great

JPF
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
17- Carolina Panthers - Xavier Adibi, LB - VaTech
Thomas Davis has done nothing to prove he was worth a 1st round pick,Dan Morgan is always injured, and their top LB from last year Chris Draft. Jon Beason should help with some of that but getting Adibi would really help.

Thomas Davis is also just entering his third season in the league and only his second full season of playing LB. His rookie year he was moved back and forth between safety and LB several times by the coaching staff due to injuries. So it's a tad early to be drafting his replacement.

If Morgan misses any time this season, he's gone and Beason will slide over to MLB, his ability to do so is the reason we had him targeted. That still doesn't mean we need a LB in the first round however. We still have James Anderson whom we took in the 3rd round last year and looked to be catching on as he got more and more playing time as last season went on.

A starting LB trio of Anderson, Beason, and Davis would be just fine.

More likely for the Panthers in the first round next season based on what we know right now would probably be:

*Safety- Minter is retiring after this coming season and we have little else at the position. The team wanted to draft one this year but never felt the value was right until the 7th round when they took CJ Wilson.

*Offensive Tackle- Both our starters are free agents following this season. Gross will likely be re-signed but Wharton will probably be looked at as replaceable. We still have last years other 3rd round pick Rashad Butler on the roster, but no one is sure what he's capable of since he's not seen anything but the inactive list on game days thus far.

*Defensive Tackle- The team looked to trade Kris Jenkins before/during the draft partly because of weight issues, so he promptly showed up to mini-camp weighing 384 lbs. according to local news sources. It's also worth mentioning that all of our back-ups that are expected to make the roster (Damoine Lewis, Kindal Moorehead, & Jordan Carstens) are UFA's following this season.

thebow305
05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
ok phins pick, would rather have Jake Long though.

RoyHall#1
05-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Antoine Cason is overrated because he has a cool name, IMO.

23trufant
05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
You're correct that Smiley won't be on the roster in 08(or maybe even before the trade deadline), but his replacement is already on the roster. David Bass has been impressing the coaching staff and is expected to be the starter at RG next to Joe Staley. Even LG isn't a problem, Adam Snyder is expected to take over for Larry Allen when he eventually retires.

I don't even need to see this next season played out to know that we're going to go defensive line or OLB with our first pick next year. Both BY and Marques Douglas are free agents after this year, with BY most likely retiring and Douglas being 31 next year. We have a bunch of 'okay' guys but nobody really dominant, so we'd have to fix that through FA or the draft.

What if I switched the Seahawks and the 49ers picks. Would you like Chris Long more? Im pretty sure he can play DE in a 3/4. That would be a good pick up for the 49ers.

Seahawks could use some help with their Oline. The left side and the Center position are taken care of with Walter Jones, Rob Sims, and Chris Spencer, but the right side could use a lift. Chris Gray is the RG but he is 36 and can be upgraded. Sean Locklear is a pretty decent RT but coach Holmgren has opened up the competion for his spot. Ray Willis is a young decent back up, and Tom Ashworth is a waste of money, who should be cut. Mansfield Wrotto is extremely raw and should not be a reason why they do not take Arnold.

Addict
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
funny coincidence: I mentioned Rey as a possibility for the Lions in the team board recently... Is he really that good?

23trufant
05-15-2007, 02:33 PM
funny coincidence: I mentioned Rey as a possibility for the Lions in the team board recently... Is he really that good?

IMO he is. Someone recently told me though he is not the best fit for a cover 2. Im not sure on that though.

Green Bay Scat
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
did earl bennett die or something in your mock? and i think Goff is better fit inside for the chargers than Crable, unless Phillips leaves/traded/injured.

Green Bay Scat
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
IMO he is. Someone recently told me though he is not the best fit for a cover 2. Im not sure on that though.

dont forget his anger problems, if he gets in trouble this year, i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt even go in the first.

23trufant
05-15-2007, 07:21 PM
did earl bennett die or something in your mock? and i think Goff is better fit inside for the chargers than Crable, unless Phillips leaves/traded/injured.

I like Earl Bennett alot but I dont think he is better than the WRs taken before him.

As for the Chargers pick you are probably right Crable might have a hard time adjusting to inside linebacker, but I think he can do so.

Green Bay Scat
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I like Earl Bennett alot but I dont think he is better than the WRs taken before him.

As for the Chargers pick you are probably right Crable might have a hard time adjusting to inside linebacker, but I think he can do so.

no i mean hes not even a top player left, nor is Goff. Plus everone says that Woodson plays on a bad team like Cutler, but Cutler had even less talent around him and before Earl got there it was almost dried up. To say Cutler and Woodson are alike based on a bad team is bull. Woodsons team is a LOT better than what Cutler had to go through. PS my friend is going to be the starting center for Kentucky, Jess Beets. also i aint directing this rant at you, just in general.

23trufant
05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
no i mean hes not even a top player left, nor is Goff. Plus everone says that Woodson plays on a bad team like Cutler, but Cutler had even less talent around him and before Earl got there it was almost dried up. To say Cutler and Woodson are alike based on a bad team is bull. Woodsons team is a LOT better than what Cutler had to go through. PS my friend is going to be the starting center for Kentucky, Jess Beets. also i aint directing this rant at you, just in general.

Oh no problem, I didnt mean to leave them off the list. Both should be on it as well as acouple other players. And your right the teams Cutler played with were definately way less talented than that of the teams Woodson has played with. Not to take anything away from Woodson though because I personally really like him but as of now I would take a couple other QBs that may come out over him.

neko4
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I love the Cason pick!

49erfaithful
05-15-2007, 11:12 PM
not a real fan of SF taking a OG R1, right now

23trufant
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
not a real fan of SF taking a OG R1, right now

Yea thats what the other 49er's fan said. What about Chris Long, DE, Virginia?

Addict
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM

he'd be a bit better for the 49ers.

By the way... Your draft order implies you see your seahawks win the SB next year?

23trufant
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
he'd be a bit better for the 49ers.

By the way... Your draft order implies you see your seahawks win the SB next year?

Haha its more of a hope thing but I think they have a chance, a slim one though. You dont think they have a shot at it?

Phrost
05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
McFarland a big loss...LOL, the big loss was Sapp, which we are yet to recover from.

Phrost
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Johnathan Stewart will leave IMO, and Slaton is a second rounder at best.

23trufant
05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Johnathan Stewart will leave IMO, and Slaton is a second rounder at best.

Alot of people would differ with you about Slaton being a 2nd rounder at best. With the NFL putting so much emphasis on the 40 and how fast everyone is I definately see him in the 1st round.

Borat
05-16-2007, 04:27 PM

I was just going to post that you should just move up Chris Long to SF. That is a perfect fit for the 3-4 DE and we need a young stud there.

As stated earlier, I don't see OG as a top priority, even with the possible subtractions of Smiley and Larry Allen next year. SF has 3 or 4 guards waiting to step up.

23trufant
05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I was just going to post that you should just move up Chris Long to SF. That is a perfect fit for the 3-4 DE and we need a young stud there.

As stated earlier, I don't see OG as a top priority, even with the possible subtractions of Smiley and Larry Allen next year. SF has 3 or 4 guards waiting to step up.

I will put it in my next mock. How many games do you think the 49ers will win next, where do you see them picking (Pats).

Borat
05-16-2007, 05:53 PM

I will put it in my next mock. How many games do you think the 49ers will win next, where do you see them picking (Pats).

I think 9-7 or 10-6 if things go well. Possible playoff team. I see them picking somewhere between 15-24 (of course the 1st goes to NE).

nemesis3394
05-16-2007, 10:04 PM
love the gaither pick
vikes would have one of the better lines in the league
they would be massive haha

Addict
05-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Haha its more of a hope thing but I think they have a chance, a slim one though. You dont think they have a shot at it?

I didn't say that, everybody's a contender right now, right? I think it's a slim chance, since there are stronger teams around, but who knows?

BaLLiN
05-17-2007, 06:51 PM
I think the Slaton pick makes a lot of sense and like it, but for me to like this mock I'd have to see how this season rolls out, its too hard to tell.