PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm a family man" thread....

-black
05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
this is one of those times where the internet is almost is too real. You must decide rather or not this thread is taking the personals too far......anway :)

Come rep your family....you married? enganged? have children? ages of your children? rep your siblings, anything family oriented....idk, sometimes i like hearing other peoples background.

i have a brother and 1 sister. Have a 10 month old daughter, and could maybe possibly potentially be ready to get engaged.....maybe.....

u?

**wonders if i will be left hanging**

DChess
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
im 18, and have so many kids i can start an army

-black
05-14-2007, 11:07 PM
dont tease me :(

DChess
05-14-2007, 11:08 PM
dont tease me :(

nah im not, i just have nothing note worthy to mention like you, you have a kid thats exciting, i have parents and two sisters, woooooo

Smokey Joe
05-14-2007, 11:08 PM
im 18, and have so many kids i can start an army

I am one of the many illegitimate mothers as well.

Sportsfan486
05-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm 21, one older brother who's basically the polar opposite of me (although not in a way that we clash, we've always gotten along,) my mother and father have been seperated since I was about 16 and I've pretty much estranged myself from my dad.

I haven't seen nor spoken to another relative, other than my mom and bro, for quite a few years.

-black
05-14-2007, 11:12 PM
nah im not, i just have nothing note worthy to mention like you, you have a kid thats exciting, i have parents and two sisters, woooooo

2 sisters huh.......u overprotective?

DChess
05-14-2007, 11:14 PM
2 sisters huh.......u overprotective?

nah, ones slow (not mentally ******** but not capable enough to move out on her own), and the others in atlanta, with her boyfriend, aint got much to worry about

-black
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
wish I could say I wasnt overprotective. With the way i treat her i can only imagine how ima feel once my lil 1 hits 13 and dudes start noticing her

Sportsfan486
05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
wish I could say I wasnt overprotective. With the way i treat her i can only imagine how ima feel once my lil 1 hits 13 and dudes start noticing her

Being overprotective is one of my weaknesses, too. (Well, sort of a weakness.. a LOT of sick bastards out there, I'd rather go ape a little too early than a little too late.)

Since I have no sister, it comes up with girlfriends. I'm perfectly fine if one of her male friends is hugging her or whatever but if a stranger comes up and grabs at her I'm between them in a flash. I don't flip out unless I know the dude is a stranger and really grabbed at her and she's freaked out (in which case I have done some rather impulsive things) but I get him away and talk him off.

I've only had two complaints about it, though, and those were the two times I was really impulsive.

Like I said though, I'd rather act too swiftly than too slowly.

josh07039
05-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Mom/Dad
Older sister that goes to Princeton(totally sucks, everyone asks what happened to you dude, are you a ******* moron?)

-black
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I dont think stoppin some random dude from grabbin ur gf or any woman for that matter is being over protective....its being a man

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 12:02 AM
I dont think stoppin some random dude from grabbin ur gf or any woman for that matter is being over protective....its being a man

It might be when you've sent two of them to the hospital.

BuckNaked
05-15-2007, 05:55 AM

For your sake, hopefully she's ugly and boys ignore her.

drowe
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
i have a wife (married almost 2 years) and a fetus about the size of a lemon, and a dog.

also, 2 parents, 1 outa 4 original grandparents still vertical. 2 brothers (both with serious girlfriends that will probably be sisters in law soon) and a sister.

aaaand, my in-laws. wife's 2 parents, 2 brothers and one sister in law.

Beans
05-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Lesse....

I got both parents, a younger brother (13), the world's greatest cat, 17 cousins, most of which live in the same county, and four in the same town as me, (the out-of states live in NC, AK, and soon one family is moving to CA), both grandmothers (grandfathers died only recently), and a slowly rotten jalepeno affectionatley named "Senor Spicypants".

AND NOW YOU KNOWWW

therock6000
05-15-2007, 08:09 AM
wife (almost 2 years now), both parents, 2 absolutely revolting in-laws, and 2 cats that like me as long as i'm providing them food...

MaxV
05-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm 22 and I don't have any children.....

......that I know of.

Jughead10
05-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm 23. Father is 57, Mother is 48. Have a 15 year old sister. Still live in the house I grew up in with all of them. I'd move out yesterday but I'm morally and fiscally against paying rent. I refuse to do it. Saving up for down payment on something. Condo, house, or something. Everything is just so damn expensive here in NJ.

We also have a cat named Guinness.

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm 23. Father is 57, Mother is 48. Have a 15 year old sister. Still live in the house I grew up in with all of them. I'd move out yesterday but I'm morally and fiscally against paying rent. I refuse to do it. Saving up for down payment on something. Condo, house, or something. Everything is just so damn expensive here in NJ.

Is she a mature 15...? jk

Jughead10
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Is she a mature 15...? jk

I also own a gun and an extensive collection of samuri swords. I left that part out.

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. Tons of cousins. Lots of them are older and already getting married. I'll be going to like 5 weddings this summer.

MaxV
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM

Figures. :)

Ewing
05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I also own a gun and an extensive collection of samuri swords. I left that part out.

Yeah but if there is fluff on the muff then she's old enough.

Jughead10
05-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah but if there is fluff on the muff then she's old enough.

Tell that to my buddy who got arrested last week and had to post $50,000 bail.

drowe
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Tell that to my buddy who got arrested last week and had to post $50,000 bail.

i'm starting to think that you have some classy friends. :)

Jughead10
05-15-2007, 09:44 AM

He's not a real close friend, but he is a friend. I'd post the link to the newspaper article but I think that is in poor taste. Bottom line is he was a high school teacher and she was one of his students.

bearsfan_51
05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
He's not a real close friend, but he is a friend. I'd post the link to the newspaper article but I think that is in poor taste. Bottom line is he was a high school teacher and she was one of his students.
That's why I'm getting my PhD and teaching college.

Jughead10
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
That's why I'm getting my PhD and teaching college.

You could still get fired for that. Just no legal consequences.

Acreboy
05-15-2007, 10:44 AM
2 sisters huh.......u overprotective?I have 2 younger sisters and i'm very over protective. It's hard letting them go.

One's 18 so thats the toughest right now. The other is 12.

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM

Jughead and all our friends are very classy individuals.

P-L
05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm 20 and have a girlfriend I've been dating for 2 1/2 years. We've talked about it and we plan on gettting engaged sometime after we both finish college. That will be in about two years for her and two or two and a half years for me (depending on how many spring/summer classes I take).

My dad is 65, my mom 45, and my brother is a few months short of 18. I decided to not go away to school and save some money. I still live in the house that I have the last 10 years but hope to have a good enough job situation to get a place of my own sometime next year. I also have two cats.

Xiomera
05-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Me:

- A mom and a dad . . . go figure
- A younger sister (16)
- An older half-brother (24)
- Two dogs
- And additionally, a large extended family that I no longer want anything to do with.

Acreboy
05-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I have 9 aunts and uncle

29 first cousins and 22 second cousins.

Did I mention that's just one side of the family?

You can imagine how hectic family get togethers are...

Vikes99ej
05-15-2007, 11:48 AM
One little brother who is 15 right now. I live with my father and stepmother.

MaxV
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
My mom is 43, my dad is 47, I have no brothers or sisters, but LOTS of cousins. Some of them I get along with, others.....not so much. Almost all of my cousins are MUCH older then me, including one who is already a GRANDFATHER. Yeap, that's right, my extended family already has 2 generations away from me. I feel so old. :(

I too, am planning to get engaged to my girl after we both finish college. She is planning on going for her Master's, while I'll be VERY happy just to get my Bachelor's.

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM

That actually made me spit coke on the screen.

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok, I'm 28, no brothers or sisters. I'm engaged and my fiance is turning 22 in July. We met at my cousins wedding, and I was in love from the start. We moved in together last August, and everything's still good. She seems to be able to handle me. Oh, and neither of us wants kids. Ever. My dad's turning 57 on the 22nd, and my moms turning 56 in June. They were divorced when I was 5, but they are still really good friends, and we have christmas's and thanksgiving together when we can.

I'm the oldest cousin. My closest cousin is 27, and he and I always have a great time together. My other cousin's are all 18-23, with 3 girls and 4 boys. One of my cousins is an idiot. He got drafted to play baseball, but decided to go to college. He was a freshman for Arkansas' baseball team last year. He's a lefty that throws low 90's, so he had a pretty good chance of being drafted again. You don't see a ton of lefties throwing low 90's. Anyway, after the season he decided to quit baseball so he could spend more time with his girlfriend. What a dumbass! I told him if she really loved him, she wouldn't mind him being gone sometimes to better himself, and potentially her life if got drafted. But apparently she was complaining they didn't spend enough time together. I guarantee he regrets that decision huge in the future.

-black
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I hate cats......they seem like the worse pet....they look sneaky and mean/prude......

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I hate cats......they seem like the worse pet....they look sneaky and mean/prude......

I like cats, but not as much as dogs. I'll never be owning another cat though, my fiance's allergic to them.

awfullyquiet
05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
i could say so much. but. refuse to spoil things.

but i'm the oldest of six. i'm an adopted child. my parents didn't think they could have kids. and so they adopted me. eventually they randomly started popping them out (my mom is like 54, my dad is 57). i'm 27. i have four younger brothers, and one younger sister.

my parents have been married for 30 years this year (i actually threw their anniversary party this past weekend). I'm single-ish, I work too much. I have a cat, who's name is louie armstrong. he's phenomenally awesome. he climbs into my bed and cuddles with me, and tries to stick his tounge in my mouth.

i'm close to my family. they're all italian. so it's funny that i'm korean on the outside, but, italian on the inside. i still make mean mandu. and sauce that most people die over. my father was a chef. and really, is one of the greatest men ever. truly a self made man. he never graduated from high school, was a second generation american.

oh, and my younger brother, whos' 24 just got married this past winter, and has a kid on the way. man. i bet i'll be 32 before i get married. omg. will it ever end?!

jag
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM

but i'm the oldest of six. i'm an adopted child. my parents didn't think they could have kids. and so they adopted me. eventually they randomly started popping them out (my mom is like 54, my dad is 57). i'm 27. i have four younger brothers, and one younger sister.

my parents have been married for 30 years this year (i actually threw their anniversary party this past weekend). I'm single-ish, I work too much. I have a cat, who's name is louie armstrong. he's phenomenally awesome. he climbs into my bed and cuddles with me, and tries to stick his tounge in my mouth.

i'm close to my family. they're all italian. so it's funny that i'm korean on the outside, but, italian on the inside. i still make mean mandu. and sauce that most people die over. my father was a chef. and really, is one of the greatest men ever. truly a self made man. he never graduated from high school, was a second generation american.

Awsomeness

-black
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM

oh, and my younger brother, whos' 24 just got married this past winter, and has a kid on the way. man. i bet i'll be 32 before i get married. omg. will it ever end?!

wow you rule...

UKfan
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Just me and my mum, no siblings.

MaxV
05-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I thought I was the only one with no siblings.

ironman4579
05-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought I was the only one with no siblings.

Apparently not.

gbpackers0065
05-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, i have old parents, my father is 65 and im only 25. Anyway, i have only one sibling, an older brother who is 31 who has a 5 year old daughter. I'm currently single and not looking for a relationship anytime soon. I've never had a pet :(.

JF4
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
3 brothers, mom, dad, 4 grandparents, some aunts and uncles, some cousins and a dog.

terribletowel39
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I am 20 yrs old and my mom is 52 with my dad being 48. They have been divorced since I was 12 I believe. Maybe sooner. I have a sister who just recently got married. She just recently also turned 18. eesh!! and before that she had a kid. although the cutest kid on the entire planet. She will turn 2 years old in July. I absolutely go see them as much as I can. I live out in Dallas with some roomates that I originally went to school with. Lucky for me in a way because I am now renting a house out with them in one of the nicer parts of the DFW area.

I also have a weiner dog named Chili. haha yes i know it is clever. and yes he did deserve his own paragraph.

awfullyquiet
05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
wow you rule...

yeah.
with an iron fist.

Phrost
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Mom/Dad
Older sister that goes to Princeton(totally sucks, everyone asks what happened to you dude, are you a ******* moron?)

I hate that feeling...your not the only one.

critesy
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
mmmk, im 17 and i have 2 brothers (20, 22) annnd a mother (47?) and father (52?) annnd a jack russel terrier aka a dog who is 12. also i do not like any of my cousins so i will not say how many, mainly because i dont know. my brother who is 22 is engaged and has 2 kids already. and my brother who is 20 is an engineer in training but is also an "alcoholic" i guess...some how he is super smart but drinks every weekend and when he doesnt have school in the day he drinks then.

drowe
05-16-2007, 07:33 AM
I hate that feeling...your not the only one.

YOU'RE not the only one.

just trying to help :)

Beans
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
whoa, PL... your parents are 20 years apart?

Mine are less than a month apart. (44)

Addict
05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
let's see my family quite small

1 mom
1 sister
1 uncle (he recently divorced his wife)
2 neices (who I rarely if ever see since they live with their aunt 90% of the time)
2 grandparents, who live 5 minutes (a foot) away.

As for the rest my family is from France for the most part, my father is french, that's why. Anyways they seperated when I was 5 years old and my father moved back to his homeland when I was 8. I see him once a year at christmas, he calls once a week.

He's crazy (honest, it's diagnosed and everything)