PDA

View Full Version : Keisel loves new role in defense

Smooth Criminal
05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07135/786033-66.stm

Interesting read. Looks like we gotalot of guys that can do it all with Keisel, Polamalu and hopefully Woodley aswell.

mikehop05
05-15-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah i really like the way our defense is sounding right now

DeathbyStat
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm not totally sold on keisel in this role but I assume Lebeau, knows much more than me.

I think his speed may be a factor

brat316
05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
who ever called this about Keisel being a OLB was correct or at least partiacally correct. Rover idea is amazing i hope the add it to madden,

Front 7 had a key guy to work around like the whole D had Troy to work around as their k peice

mikehop05
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
stiller called it, they were tlaking about it on some insider steeler sites earlier this year

i saw the headlines, just couldnt read the articles

Mr. Stiller
05-16-2007, 05:53 AM
stiller called it, they were tlaking about it on some insider steeler sites earlier this year

i saw the headlines, just couldnt read the articles

Keisel will be getting some OLB Time. Which isn't bad considering, he's still more athletically gifted and pound for pound one of the fastest per weight on the team (4.97 40 at 285).

I think LeBeau is going to be dreaming when it comes to what he can do with these guys... a free flowing defense.

Woodley will be the guy switching us to and from a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

Timmons will be used the way that we use Polamalu. Someone stated it's the "Amoeba" Defense. A free flowing, constantly reforming, no set shape defense.

I didn't like the term Amoeba because it's spineless, but without a spine it can break, but Timmons, Woodley, Keisel and Polamalu are going to break people.

terribletowel39
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM
how about Lava Lamp Defense?? the Double L defense. and i love that LeBeau is thinking of new stuff finally. i think that might be a reason we weren't getting any pressure is because it was the same D plays over and over. not sure though.

mikehop05
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
how about Lava Lamp Defense?? the Double L defense. and i love that LeBeau is thinking of new stuff finally. i think that might be a reason we weren't getting any pressure is because it was the same D plays over and over. not sure though.

true but i dont think cowher was giving him the green light to try new things with keisel

Mr. Stiller
05-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Cowher was a strict guy... surprisingly strict over "His" Defense

skarocksoi
05-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Thats one of the reasons I am excited for all this change that's going on. People think we are going to suck just because things are different, but really its going to allow us to try some new things and move in different directions. Change can be a good thing every now and then.

And to whomever added the madden comment earlier, I wholeheartedly agree, but I doubt we see something as cool as this defense sounds. Hell, they cant even get the 3-4 to work correctly. Casey Hampton needs to be double teamed damn it!

Mr. Stiller
05-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Thats one of the reasons I am excited for all this change that's going on. People think we are going to suck just because things are different, but really its going to allow us to try some new things and move in different directions. Change can be a good thing every now and then.

And to whomever added the madden comment earlier, I wholeheartedly agree, but I doubt we see something as cool as this defense sounds. Hell, they cant even get the 3-4 to work correctly. Casey Hampton needs to be double teamed damn it!

LOL I dare someone in the NFL to not try and double team Casey.. Man-To-Manning him is suicide.

skarocksoi
05-17-2007, 09:12 AM
If that was the case, you might as well replace your quarterback with a delicious turkey dinner, cause Casey Hampton is gonna feast.

PittPete
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I've seen the same thing happen every year. Lebeau comes up with some killer schemes, like some of those lopsided blitzes from 05, and causes total havoc. then after a few games teams make adjustments, and they are no longer effective. I'd like to know if it was him or Cowher calling the shots because that seemed to be a Steelers weakness for a long time. I think many of our losses to New England were because they were able to out adjust us. this Kreider experiment seems like a good idea; utilize his talents, remember how disruptive he was on special teams?

terribletowel39
05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
keisel kreider, they both look like big burly irishmen....sorta. so its understandable.

skarocksoi
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Well this sounds like more than just a few new blitzing schemes, this is a whole new approach to the defense. Plus, its hard to adjust to a defense that its constantly adjusting on its own. It's proactive adaptation.

glennjamen3
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
this sounds pretty big. i think if this works well there could be a lot of teams that will try to copycat it.... especially that tee-wat belichick, he deserves a little angry pirate

terribletowel39
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
using the new term quickly ehh?? and of course teams will start to copy cat it it if works. but while i don't expect it too take as long as it did with the 34, i won't be anytime soon. 4-6 yrs of it being successful and other GMs and coaches will see that hey this works and start doing it, just like they did the 34.

mikehop05
05-17-2007, 11:34 AM
i am too excited to wait 4 more months

i need some steeler football now.