PDA

View Full Version : USC senior runningbacks

TouchdownUSC
05-15-2007, 04:59 PM
where do you see USC's senior runningbacks Herschel Dennis and Chauncey Washington going in next years draft? Herschel is a big time player but he might go lower than he deserves because of his injury history

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Both undrafted.

Michigan
05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Washington is probably a mid rounder because of his athleticism. he won't rack up stats behind moody and gable though.

don't know about dennis. injuries have kinda held him back.

TouchdownUSC
05-15-2007, 05:39 PM
on tv with the trojan huddle they said they were working on chauncey's big play ability and explosiveness, if he can develop this next season i think he has a shot at late 2nd, early 3rd...thats what i was guessing. if he has a season like last year i see him going in the fourth at best. i hope he succeeds though

marks01234
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Both will go top ten.

Oh wait, that was two years ago.

Washington - Mid Day 2
Dennis - Day 2/UDFA

Phrost
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Both undrafted.

LOL, I love it! When is the last time thats happened?

TouchdownUSC
05-16-2007, 12:44 AM
no way they both go undrafted but whether they will have a successful NFL career is what is to be seen...

Sniper
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Both undrafted.

Guess the Irish know all about undrafted RBs right? ;)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Washsington won't get many looks behind that crowded backfield, almost all the underclassmen have more talent and ability than he does, add in the injury issues he's had, I don't think he'll get drafted, and if he does, it'll be 5th or lower, but I could be wrong.

Dennis has been injury plagued. He had a nice start to his career, but then was absolutely cursed by injuries, he won't make any impact.

TouchdownUSC
05-16-2007, 04:26 PM
i think if dennis shows hes recovered fully he could get picked as a 3rd -4th round. he was a beast and he looked great on the trojan huddle. washington needs to work on his play making abilities. personally i think he is better off being moved to fullback with all the depth USC has at tailback. use him as a blocker and converting 3rd downs.

Canuck
05-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Guess the Irish know all about undrafted RBs right? ;)

A post so nice, it has to be said twice. :D

Given the crowded backfield at USC, it's unlikely that either will get enough carries to put them in the spotlight. However, they could raise their stock with good workouts and a few good games here and there, maybe make it into the first day.