PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Banish David Stern

SeanTaylorRIP
05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
It's already in the NBA thread but this decision pisses me off so much I have to post. This is a petition to Banish David Stern from America and put his ass in Russia for all I care. I'm usually not an angry person but this pisses me off greatly as a son to basketball. If you want to sign the petition post here. For those who don't know the situation the entire series the NBA referee's have been shameful showing too obviously that they are working for the Spurs. Suns have been hacked, robbed, rapped, and abused yet no calls. Now here comes this, Robert Horry checks Suns star player into the boards with the intent of ending his life. Nash's teammates Amare and Diaw come to their star players aid to see how it is , but according to NBA rules since Stoudemire and Diaw left their benches they get a 1 game suspension. Not only is this dumb because they were just going to help their teammate but once again Stern ignores the Spurs. In a previous incident in the game involving Franciso Elson Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen went on the court from the bench, are they suspended of course not because they are sitting on sterns lap. No suspension for Bowen stomping on Stoudemires calf, no suspension for Bruce Bowen for Kneeing Nash in the balls, but a suspension for two players coming to the aid of their teammate who barely survived an assassination attempt. This makes me embarrassed to be a fan of Basketball.

So here is the sign up list:
1) Ghettosermon:F Y Ahole David Stern!!!!
2) Scottyboy:he's the one rutgers alum I'm not proud of...
3) Bucknaked:Stern is so biased. It really pisses me off.
4) Boston
5) Princefielder:Suns are getting unfair treament!!!!!! Out with Stern!!!!
6) Brodeur:I hate the man more for the superstar treatment he allows LeBron and Wade to receive. Not too mention that he almost never does anything about the atrocious officiating that goes on in the NBA, and I can't stand at the crappy rules he's set for the offensive game to succeed. I'd gladly banish him to somewhere crappier than Russia, like Antarctica.
7) Steelersfan43

scottyboy
05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
sign me up, he's the one rutgers alum I'm not proud of...

BuckNaked
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Put me on, Stern is so biased. It really pisses me off.

JF4
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
I concur....sign me up.

David Stern is a turd.

ny10804
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Woah woah woah woah, woah. Assassination attempt?

I don't mind though, it will just make the Suns' victory more heroic. Go Nashy.

Boston
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah. This pisses me off as well.

Geo
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Reiterating what I said in the other thread:

I don't see how the league office can follow the letter of the law and not suspend Duncan for one game, it makes absolutely no sense. What a joke.

princefielder28
Suns are getting unfair treament!!!!!! Out with Stern!!!!

Brodeur
I hate the man more for the superstar treatment he allows LeBron and Wade to receive. Not too mention that he almost never does anything about the atrocious officiating that goes on in the NBA, and I can't stand at the crappy rules he's set for the offensive game to succeed. I'd gladly banish him to somewhere crappier than Russia, like Antarctica.

SeanTaylorRIP
Post a comment beside your post and I will post it, but remember NFLDC rules!!!

nvot9
05-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Na, that's always been a rule (about the leaving the bench deal).

I remember one year that happened to the Knicks, all their good players were gone and they lost the series because of it. They lost Larry Johnson, Ewing, etc.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Na, that's always been a rule (about the leaving the bench deal).

I remember one year that happened to the Knicks, all their good players were gone and they lost the series because of it. They lost Larry Johnson, Ewing, etc.
Duncan and Bowen left their benches too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston
God. It doesn't help the matter when it's the damn Spurs getting the special treatment. Perhaps one of the most annoying team's in professional sports.

gbpackers0065
No way, he is simply trying to prevent another embarrasing brawl for the league.

steelersfan43
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
put me on, fking cheaters

(and here come the sb40 jokes)

SeanTaylorRIP
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Stern wants to make a statement fine but when Duncan and Bowen leave their benches too and don't get suspended that is complete BS. Stern will make up some rule for them, like it doesn't apply if you have a pig nose, and a big head.

jag
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
go **** yourself dave

Beans
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Sure. Put me down as "Pete Delete" though. That's a cool pseudonym.

gbpackers0065
Stern wants to make a statement fine but when Duncan and Bowen leave their benches too and don't get suspended that is complete BS. Stern will make up some rule for them, like it doesn't apply if you have a pig nose, and a big head.

To be honest, there is favoritism in sports and life. You are overreacting a great deal when you start petitions like this just to point out the obvious.

SeanTaylorRIP
Any cussing in here gets an infraction so fair warning.
Stern isn't worthy of curse words anyway.

Geo
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I wonder how the league office can fully determine that Stoudemire and Diaw left the vicinity of the bench, which is stated exactly in the rule in question. I haven't seen any such conclusive evidence, of all the angles shown multiple times.

remix 6
why? the suns suck

BuckNaked
No way, he is simply trying to prevent another embarrasing brawl for the league.

By only suspending the players on Pheonix? He gives the Spurs such special treatment. Bowen and Duncan should have obviously been suspended, and this will probably be the series due to the fact that Stoudamire and Diaw are out.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
To be honest, there is favoritism in sports and life. You are overreacting a great deal when you start petitions like this just to point out the obvious.

It's not favoritism, it's the simple fact that one side doesn't get suspended for doing the same thing. That's like if LT get's suspended being caught with steroids but the league turns it's back on Tom Brady who is also caught with steroids.

gbpackers0065
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
By only suspending the players on Pheonix? He gives the Spurs such special treatment. Bowen and Duncan should have obviously been suspended, and this will probably be the series due to the fact that Stoudamire and Diaw are out.

Hes treating the NBA how it should be treated....like a business.

If he feels if was not necessary to suspend one party involved that his decision, he's the boss.

D-Unit
Bud Selig > David Sperm! The salary matching trade restriction is damaging to the entire league and benefits no one!

gbpackers0065
It's not favoritism, it's the simple fact that one side doesn't get suspended for doing the same thing. That's like if LT get's suspended being caught with steroids but the league turns it's back on Tom Brady who is also caught with steroids.

Yes a double-standard incited by favoritism and in your examples case, business.

Tubby
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
(and here come the sb40 jokes)

You read my mind. Bill Leavy was way worse than Stern is now.

cunningham06
Sign me up I too would like a Samuel Adams.

I feel bad how much I hate the Spurs because my cousin lives in San Antonio and is a huge fan.

BuckNaked
Hes treating the NBA how it should be treated....like a business.

If he feels if was not necessary to suspend one party involved that his decision, he's the boss.

Are you serious? He can't just suspend players on the Suns for doing the same exact thing as some of the Spurs' players did. It's not even like they had a history of problems with the NBA.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
You already know my feelings GS.

gbpackers0065
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Are you serious? He can't just suspend players on the Suns for doing the same exact thing as some of the Spurs' players did. It's not even like they had a history of problems with the NBA.

I'm not saying its fair and I'm not saying i agree with it I'm saying the boss made a decision and nothing is gonna change it.

Bengals1690
05-15-2007, 07:15 PM
sign me up. suns are gettin raped out there

Scotty D
Sign me up. That new ball was a great idea!

scottyboy
my quote should speak volumes considering everyone here knows how huge of a rutgers fan I am. I dont like either the suns or spurs, but the suspensions(or lack-there of) for SA was wayyyyy off. if you want to be uptight about suits and dress code etc., lay down the hammer when players leave the benches.

Psycho
Sign me up, send "Double Standard" Stern to the Bermuda Triangle!

duckseason
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Put my name on there. I just heard about this from my brother, and said "oh, so they suspended Duncan too, right?" Obviously he said no. So I was like "WTF!!"

Geo
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
lol
lololol

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
lol
lololol

That's not 10 characters, WTF?

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Diaw and Stoudemire broke a very strict league policy and the penalty is clear.

Sorry Suns fans but they did.

Horry and Duncan's "actions" were up to individual view, Diaw and Stoudemire were very cut-and-dry in their wrong-doing.

Psycho
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
That's not 10 characters, WTF?He put the rest in white text...

Damix
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I've really never seen a worse commisioner of anything in my life.

Psycho
05-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Diaw and Stoudemire broke a very strict league policy and the penalty is clear.

Sorry Suns fans but they did.

Horry and Duncan's "actions" were up to individual view, Diaw and Stoudemire were very cut-and-dry in their wrong-doing.Both Duncan and Bowen left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter when the Elson and Jones incident happened. They did the same thing and got off without anything. :rolleyes:

Scotty D
05-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I've really never seen a worse commisioner of anything in my life.

Bettman has to be up there. Missing a year is unacceptable in my opinion.

Chucky
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
To give Horry equal punishment as Amare and DIaw is absolutely ridiculous, i would think that he would kill Horry for hurting a Two Time ****** MVP, but no i guess Stern doesnt consider a ******* Canadian in the same level as someone like ****** Horry, im pissed right now, sign me the **** up

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
To give Horry equal punishment as Amare and DIaw is absolutely ridiculous, i would think that he would kill Horry for hurting a Two Time ****** MVP, but no i guess Stern doesnt consider a ******* Canadian in the same level as someone like ****** Horry, im pissed right now, sign me the **** up

Um he didn't get the same punishment. He got one more game.

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Does anyone actually think the Spurs have a chance to win without Horry? Stern pretty much handed the series to the Suns. Ban him!!

Chucky
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Um he didn't get the same punishment. He got one more game.

Whatever one game isnt enough, what he did was 5 times worse, which equals 5 games

Smokey Joe
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
sign me up...

D-Unit
05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
David Stern's Dress Code Policy has made the NBA a better game......pfffffff!

D-Unit
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
SURE WAS!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Commissioner-Stern-R.jpg

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
David Stern's Dress Code Policy has made the NBA a better game......pfffffff!
I actually agree with the dress code policy. I'll give him Kudos for that.

nobodyinparticular
05-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Good. They deserved it. You cannot expect to get into a skirmish without repercussions in the form of suspensions. Sure it is jacked what has been happening to the Suns in recent games, but you cannot allow that to affect the punishment levied on these players now.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Good. They deserved it. You cannot expect to get into a skirmish without repercussions in the form of suspensions. Sure it is jacked what has been happening to the Suns in recent games, but you cannot allow that to affect the punishment levied on these players now.

What about Duncan and Bowen who both entered onto the floor from the bench earlier in the game?

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-15-2007, 08:32 PM
sign me up.

Geo
05-15-2007, 08:36 PM
How did Stoudemire or Diaw get into the skirmish, nip? They were making their way to Nash if anyone, and didn't so much as get to share a word with anyone on the court.

etk
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
sign me up

The NBA is bush league at it's finest. Most of the problems have already been stated, but I thought I'd reiterate:

-Double standards
-Star treatment
-New ball: If it ain't broke don't fix it. Why did it take so long for Stern to relent and bring back the old one anyway? Ego maybe?
-Dress code-very hypocritical and just plain stupid
-Poor officiating

Jimmy
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
sign me up

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
sign me up. I don't like NBA Basketball, and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with him, since I do like basketball as a sport. What the NBA has is hardly basketball.

P-L
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The guy is a complete clown. I really doubted this "Spurs bias" that people were talking about until this year. I thought that people were just overexaggerating. Then I started watching more Spurs games and I was astonished by how true it was. I can live with the fact that Amare and Boris were suspended. But to not suspend Bowen and Duncan is a complete joke.

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Both Duncan and Bowen left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter when the Elson and Jones incident happened. They did the same thing and got off without anything. :rolleyes:

I only saw the end of the game, if that happened, well, my bad.

etk
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
sign me up. I don't like NBA Basketball, and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with him, since I do like basketball as a sport. What the NBA has is hardly basketball.

That pretty much sums it all up right there. Everything about the NBA aggravates me and it's hard to explain but it just rubs me the wrong way. College basketball is so much more intense, enjoyable and passionate while it exemplifies true basketball and teamwork.

Geo
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
The guy is a complete clown. I really doubted this "Spurs bias" that people were talking about until this year. I thought that people were just overexaggerating. Then I started watching more Spurs games and I was astonished by how true it was. I can live with the fact that Amare and Boris were suspended. But to not suspend Bowen and Duncan is a complete joke.
Did you happen to watch Game 3? That was one of the worst officiated games in the last 5 years of any sport, and you can guess who it heavily favored.

At one point in the game, late in the 4th quarter, D'antoni actually screams at the refs "why make the [obivous] calls now?"

nobodyinparticular
05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
What about Duncan and Bowen who both entered onto the floor from the bench earlier in the game?

Ok. Ya got me. String the man up.

Gribble
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm sick of Stern's pro-Spur (Crawford getting fired, Bowen's incidents, the Horry shove, the Manu and Parker flopping, and now the suspensions...) sign me up.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok. Ya got me. String the man up.

There we go. I knew I could turn you to the good side NIP. :D

yodabear
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I just really hate the Spurs, sign me up!

DHVF
05-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Sign me up....Stern is a biased asshole who has no idea of how to run a league, other than straight into the ground.

GB12
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I just really hate the Spurs, sign me up!

Really, you'd think he'd favor Phoenix. No one will watch the Spurs they are the most boring team in the NBA.

yodabear
05-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Really, you'd think he'd favor Phoenix. No one will watch the Spurs they are the most boring team in the NBA.

I know, especially since, well before the last couple of games, it looked like its going to be another Spurs-Pistons final, which will just be boring.

GB12
05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I know, especially since, well before the last couple of games, it looked like its going to be another Spurs-Pistons final, which will just be boring.

If it's Pistons-Spurs again I will not watch it. (Not that I've been watching the playoffs closely anyway.)

D-Unit
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
All it tells me is that NBA teams should now send a bench player into a game as a hired goon to take out the other teams stars right in front of the opposing team's bench to rile them up and get them suspended. 1 bench player suspended for 2 games is worth it for 2 or more starters from the other team's 1 game suspension.

Damix
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I actually agree with the dress code policy. I'll give him Kudos for that.

Said by the guy who thinks anyone with dreadlocks is a thug. Your opinion is worthless here.

DChess
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
put this on the front page

stern is so oblivious to whats really going on in the league its amusing

05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I think the dress code was alright. The NBA is a business, and they had that "thug image" thing going on, so he just wanted to clean that image up a bit and replace it with the corrupt image. Even though I hate him, and he's made basketball boring, profits are higher with him than they ever were before, and he is most definitely a very smart man who knows how to milk his superstars for every last penny.

iworshipbender
05-16-2007, 02:05 AM
the terrible officiating in one of the plethora of reasons i don't watch the NBA, flopping is getting to the point where its almost as painful to watch as soccer. sign me up.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-16-2007, 05:48 AM
the terrible officiating in one of the plethora of reasons i don't watch the NBA, flopping is getting to the point where its almost as painful to watch as soccer. sign me up.

True dat, far too many charges.

Bearsfan123
05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
put my name on the dotted line please

portermvp84
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I hate David Stern more than I hate Champ Bailey.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
True dat, far too many charges.

Really? I rarely ever watch the NBA because I can't stand the product and style they are putting out there every night. But when I did, it always seemed like they never called charges. Which seemed to happen all the time. It got to a point where any joe schmo could attempt to drive to the basket, travel, and then commit charging, yet get the call on the defense and attempt to complete a three point play or get two shots. See Kobe Bryant.

Vikes99ej
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Sign me up, too. Those suspensions (and lack of) were bogus.

Ho0k Em'
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm in.......

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Sign me up, could the NBA be any more blatant with their emphasis on the Suns losing!?!

fenikz
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
down with stern

diabsoule
05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
The officiating in the Spurs/Suns games has been terrible, and the icing on the cake has been the recent suspensions handed out. Bruce Bowen is going to go down in history as one of the dirtiest players to have played in the NBA. He's cheapshotted numerous players and the refs ignore his blatant dirty play.

Scotty D
05-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I just watched his interview on PTI. I'm not even a fan of the Suns and I'm livid about this situation. I wonder how upset actual Suns fans are. Complete joke.

05-16-2007, 04:56 PM
The officiating in the Spurs/Suns games has been terrible, and the icing on the cake has been the recent suspensions handed out. Bruce Bowen is going to go down in history as one of the dirtiest players to have played in the NBA. He's cheapshotted numerous players and the refs ignore his blatant dirty play.

http://www.shamsports.com/images/amusing/bruceleebowen.gif

Sportsfan486
05-16-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.shamsports.com/images/amusing/bruceleebowen.gif

WTF? LOL

When did he pull that off? That's so wrong.

fenikz
05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
the worst part about that foul is he wasn't even suspended, hwp is that ******* possible

btw what did stern say?

Scotty D
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
the worst part about that foul is he wasn't even suspended, hwp is that ******* possible

btw what did stern say?

Nothing really stood out. Just avoided questions. Damage control which wasn't really working. Had a smug smile the whole time.

MP123
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Kick his ass the hell out of the NBA.

EvilMonkey
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Stern gets dumber and comes out with even worse crap every year. Might help explain why every year passes I watch the NBA less and college more...

Ewing
05-17-2007, 08:53 AM
David Stern makes Bud Selig look like Paul Tagliabue.