PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Suns-Spurs Game 5!

Gribble
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm so mad it this ruling that I'm not gonna watch the game all together. If the NBA wants to rule an All-Star and an excellent sixth man out for doing NOTHING then I'd prefer not to watch. Plus, they think they can justify it by citing a vague rule? It's just ridiculous...

Who's with me?

Damix
05-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Yea, I'm not gonna take away from my enjoyment because of a questionable decision. This idea is as stupid as the don't pump gas on a certain day ideas.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Nah I'll be watching. I still think the Suns can win this game. They're pissed off and they'll be ready to go in Game 5.

AlexDown
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I really don't have enough knowledge on this to really say anything but these players did something wrong and they are being punished in a way that will actually send a message to these players instead of a fine correct?

Gribble
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
They stood up and moved to defend Nash. They didn't get involved or anything. What's wrong with that? It's a dumb rule.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I really don't have enough knowledge on this to really say anything but these players did something wrong and they are being punished in a way that will actually send a message to these players instead of a fine correct?

Define "did something wrong." They did something that was against the rules but it wasn't wrong. But yes you summed it up right there.

I wouldn't have a problem if Duncan and Bowen were suspended because at least then it would've been fair. But Stern is a hypocrite and what he's saying is that he'll reward dirty play.

Gribble
05-15-2007, 10:07 PM
What hurts even more for the Suns is that they lose Stoudemire for a HOME game. If they're down 3-2 going into San Antonio then I doubt a game 7 would even happen.

Creek
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Well this is sure to make a difference...

Gribble
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought this quote was hilarious (concerning Horry's foul):

"It was just an end-of-game foul and Steve fell down," Popovich said before the penalties were announced. "I didn't think it was such a big deal."

I mean, just wrap the guy up! You don't have to knock him into the scorer's table.

bearsfan_51
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Unless you have a nielsen ratings box (which odds are about 100,000 to 1 that you do not) it won't matter one bit.

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Unless you have a nielsen ratings box (which odds are about 100,000 to 1 that you do not) it won't matter one bit.

I do. Ok not really.

bantx
05-15-2007, 10:16 PM
well my coach always says this, theres 2 things you cant change, the weather and the refs...

757Dawg
05-15-2007, 10:18 PM
It had to be done.

Patrick Ewing was suspended years back for doing much less than Diaw and Stoudemire. If you don't follow through with the rule, you open a very ugly can of worms.

Is it fair? No, the punishment does not really fit the crime. BUT, this rule has been strongly enforced and an exception cannot be made.

Now that the damage has been done, I trust the NBA will definitely look into amending this rule.

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Is it fair? No, the punishment does not really fit the crime. BUT, this rule has been strongly enforced and an exception cannot be made.

Now that the damage has been done, I trust the NBA will definitely look into amending this rule.

I've heard nothing about this phantom appearance of Duncan and someone else coming off the bench onto the court earlier against the game, so I don't think it happened like that so.. besides that..

YES! THEY HAD TO GET SUSPENDED! It's been a NO EXCEPTION, STRICT rule since the Pacers mess! You step off the bench and onto the court YOU GET SUSPENDED.

Period. End of story. It had to be done. You can't argue it because Diaw and Stoudemire CLEARLY left the bench and stepped onto the court. BAM! one game suspension each, that's how it works.

This isn't out of thin air people, it's a rule that was VERY publicly put in place and has been enforced before!

YAYareaRB
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM
..That being said, Go SPURS!

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Hmmmm, okay, this makes it a little fishy to me.

"The Suns countered by saying that Duncan and Bruce Bowen were guilty of a similar leaving-the-bench offense in Game 4's first half when San Antonio's Francisco Elson fell on the Suns' James Jones after a dunk. That play was also reviewed, but Jackson -- while conceding that Duncan "should not have been on the playing court" -- said that the league determined there was "no cause for the suspension rule" to be applied because the Elson-Jones tangle was not deemed to be an altercation. "

from - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

I'll give the Suns fans a reason to be upset there, that's pretty bogus. Guess it's not as cut-and-dry as I thought.

cunningham06
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
That was super weak what happened, but I'm still going to watch the game.

The Legend
05-15-2007, 10:34 PM
well if i had the ticket theres no way i would miss it lol

unless...... so one wanted to buy it from me

and also the its sad to the see them miss game 5 but... rules are rules

then again i would have gotten out of my seat too (trust me i know i miss 4 high school football games because of a fight its a bad hard feeling)

duckseason
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I'll be watching just because I don't want to miss it if the Suns pull off the upset. Effectively spitting in Stern's fat f'n face.

GiantRutgersFan
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I boycotted the NBA shortly after they decided to screw the knicks the same exact way, just to insure that Micheal Jordan could win another title...

NBA is a shady, shady league. they have their favorite teams/players and do whatever they can to cheat and help them win...

DChess
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
great idea, you rock as an individual

sweetness34
05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I boycotted the NBA shortly after they decided to screw the knicks the same exact way, just to insure that Micheal Jordan could win another title...

You're joking with me right? Jelous much?

fenikz
05-16-2007, 05:24 AM
i'm very confidant that the Suns will win this won, Nash knows how much everyone on his team care about him & and i think he is gonna go crazy, like 40 & 15 and if anyone can do it you know its him

plus we have one for the best home crowds in the league, its like going to a slayer concert in there

Jimmy
05-16-2007, 06:44 AM
im not watching it.. i hate stu jackson

bernbabybern820
05-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Hmmmm, okay, this makes it a little fishy to me.

"The Suns countered by saying that Duncan and Bruce Bowen were guilty of a similar leaving-the-bench offense in Game 4's first half when San Antonio's Francisco Elson fell on the Suns' James Jones after a dunk. That play was also reviewed, but Jackson -- while conceding that Duncan "should not have been on the playing court" -- said that the league determined there was "no cause for the suspension rule" to be applied because the Elson-Jones tangle was not deemed to be an altercation. "

from - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

I'll give the Suns fans a reason to be upset there, that's pretty bogus. Guess it's not as cut-and-dry as I thought.

Well to be fair, ive seen people celebrating on the bench with their feet on the court and other players on the bench step on the court arguing a call. I guess it really does have to be an altercation.

SubNoize
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
the bogus thing about it is, yes Diaw should be suspended, but Stoudemire was already off the bench and was stepping on the court as he was supposed to be subbing in, which the NBA clearly ignored, the guilty parties should have been Diaw and Horry, I think the league has it out for Amare after some comments he's made recently and all the T's he's been thrown.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
05-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Ugh... it makes perfect sense. You do not leave the bench during an altercation on the court. The goal is to end the altercation as soon as possible, and having players come off the bench and onto the court only makes things worse. I don't think the punishment fits the crime, either, but rules are rules and they were broken.

Sportsfan486
05-16-2007, 12:21 PM
the bogus thing about it is, yes Diaw should be suspended, but Stoudemire was already off the bench and was stepping on the court as he was supposed to be subbing in,

Anyone who saw the stuff happen knows that's BS, but nice try.

Scar
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't watch the NBA anyway, so consider me 100% behind this boycott.

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 12:57 PM
All this supposed boycott will accomplish is depriving yourself of watching an important playoff game so I wish to have no part of this ridiculous notion.

scottyboy
05-16-2007, 01:02 PM
well if the Nets win, I'll be happy and able to stand basketball, relax and watch it. But if the Nets lose(especially in fashion of last game) i will be sick of basketball for a while, and may not have a TV to watch the suns-spurs game on...
but boycotting is a ridiculous idea that wont matter at all.

fenikz
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
what we need to do is put Pat Burke in are staring line up and have him knock Duncan the **** out in from of the spurs bench & see who gets off it

worst case scenario burke is suspended & duncan is knocked out

MP123
05-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Fuckina. Diaw and Stoudimire should be playing tonight. Raja Bell went up and shoved Robert Horry and he wasn't suspended. ********.

fenikz
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
actually he just walked up to horry and said something then horry tried thorwing a elbow

badgerbacker
05-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I really don't see how there can be an argument. There is a rule that was broken, and so the rule is being enforced. You can argue that the rule needs to be changed, but that can't be done in the middle of a playoff series just because the players that are being suspended are important ones. If a rule is in place that says you don't leave your bench during an altercation, and you leave anyway, you have to expect to be punished in the way that the law defines.

Jimmy
05-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I really don't see how there can be an argument. There is a rule that was broken, and so the rule is being enforced. You can argue that the rule needs to be changed, but that can't be done in the middle of a playoff series just because the players that are being suspended are important ones. If a rule is in place that says you don't leave your bench during an altercation, and you leave anyway, you have to expect to be punished in the way that the law defines.

so techincally your implying that if hypothetically speaking bowen had to get to the scorers table to check in during an altercation, had to walk around an obstacle (say, a player, or something) to get there, barely went on the cort, and then went back out and sat waiting to check in, he should be given a games suspension?

technically, in this hypotheticcal situation, the rule is being broken, so he'd get a game. this is why the rule is rediculous

sweetness34
05-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Fuckina. Diaw and Stoudimire should be playing tonight. Raja Bell went up and shoved Robert Horry and he wasn't suspended. ********.

Raja Bell didn't deserve to be suspended.

steelersfan43
05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
I dont watch bball, so yea, ill help