PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT FANTASY CRISIS

danman253
11-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Okay upon waking up this morning, i get a rude IM from the great psub (my brother) saying i am abusing my power as a commish and cheating. I lost last week and dropped to 9-1. However this morning i was 10-0. He kept calling me a cheater and swear words he was imfamously known for, but upon further review, i found out why it was. This is the message i posteed to my league.

Last week Donovan McNabb scored me only 12 points. However if you all notice on the game it says he has 19. If you look at the box score, it says he threw for 225 yards a td and ran for 15 yards. this cumulates inot 12 points. However looking at the fantasy game it gave him 19. This means that they must've counted the buckhalter thing as a passing td, as how it gave me an additional 7 points, putting me over kyle.

Since i did lose on monday i am asking all of you what to do. I edited my roster so that Baltimore sat out and Hinch won. Technically i should put them back in since i DID NOT CHANGE ANY rosters, but i feel you all should have a say in this.

so choose option a or b

a. Put Baltimore in since they were originally in, thus giving my team a win.

b. Leave Baltimore out. Hinch won as of monday and even though a late stat was changed he still should be the winner.

SO what should I do?

bsaza2358
11-16-2006, 09:55 AM
If the fantasy program is giving McNabb credit for the TD, then you get credit for the TD. You didn't cheat if the overall program is giving you credit. Sure, 9-1 vs. 10-0 is not really a difference. However, you do not control what stats get counted on official terms. There is no reason for you to give the win to anyone. If the service provider changes the scoring and you benefit, so what? If it was 1/2 a point down, and they change the yardage and you win, it's not cheating. You should not give a win here. If you weren't commish, no one would demand that you do anything. It's unfortunate, but stand pat and send an email to the service provider asking about the disparity.

danman253
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Its okay Hinch (team 2) said he was fine with it even though he got screwed, so I'm 10-0! :D

ccB
11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
u be cheatin

bsaza2358
11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
You can't be called out for cheating as a commish because the league server gave McNabb credit for a potentially crappy TD. If it went the other way, you wouldn't say the other guy cheated. Everyone in the league who called you out is just being a punk. You got a little lucky, and it is what it is. In the end, you won. It sucks, but it happens.

danman253
11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
You can't be called out for cheating as a commish because the league server gave McNabb credit for a potentially crappy TD. If it went the other way, you wouldn't say the other guy cheated. Everyone in the league who called you out is just being a punk. You got a little lucky, and it is what it is. In the end, you won. It sucks, but it happens.

The only one who complained was my brother for 3 reasons...

a. He's in second at 8-2, he wants to win
b. He sucks
3. He hates me.

Ward
11-16-2006, 01:06 PM
The NFL is calling it a TD pass and not a fumble because the receiver never had control of the ball when it got to Buckhalter. Tell your brother to stop being such a brat.

Rob S
11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
it is not even a scoring error. The NFL called it a TD, so it is.

11-18-2006, 12:12 PM

b. He sucks
3. He hates me.

dude, a, b, 3?

Tubby
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
its not your fault, just a computer glitch

danman253
11-19-2006, 01:42 AM

b. He sucks
3. He hates me.

dude, a, b, 3?
yep :lol:

FlutiesDropKick
11-19-2006, 11:27 AM
i had a problem like this before where Antonio Bryant had some stat changes from the NFL and it changed the outsome of a very very close game decided by less than a point. The kid that lost has a history of accusing me of cheating last season when he lost the championship in a close game where he thought he changed his lineup. He also was not there for the offline draft and claimed to call in a pick that he never did then i took the same player (Jason WItten) a round later. Needless to say i got him to see my logic in all situation but he still thinks he's been cheated everytime.