PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci Off-season review

Ravens1991
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10181490

BigDawg819
05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I read it and wasn't impressed with his findings.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical media review.

America
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Word, doubtful of our running game with Willis and they aren't sure if we can adequately replace Adalius although it kind of hints that we somehow manage to make great players on our D. I thought it was pretty fair. They liked our oline draft picks.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree with Vic that Willis is not an upgrade over Jamal. And we wont be able to replace AD right away but down the line Barnes or Burgess could be that guy.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Willis is a huge upgrade over Jamal, I was the only Jamal fan here last year but I got tired of making excuses for him although he is one of my favorite players, because he was flat out awful.

Ravens1991
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Yea Willis is a upgade over Jamal IMO, I like him because Willis is more explosive.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Jamal runs with more power, Willis has a little bit more speed......maybe, but he runs with zero power and to all the people who complained that Jamal tip toed up to the line just wait until you watch Willis be so indecisive its not even funny.

We made a huge mistake I would rather have Jamal than Willis but we should have traded for Thomas Jones or signed Dominic Rhodes.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Of course we should have had Thomas Jones he's a top 10 back in this league, but Jamal last year ran with no power, his dancing 5 yards behind the line was a joke and he tended to go down on the first hit.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Of course we should have had Thomas Jones he's a top 10 back in this league, but Jamal last year ran with no power, his dancing 5 yards behind the line was a joke and he tended to go down on the first hit.

You just described Willis McGahee as well.

Ravens1991
05-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I remember reading that We will run Willis to the outside more often because he has the speed which Jamal didnt. Plus with more athletic o-lineman I think it will be a plus to have a speedy back instead of a Jamal style back.

ChefMike
05-20-2007, 05:31 PM
I think his comments about an infusion of youth into our OL is very uneducated.. considering we have Jason Brown, Chris Chester, Adam Terry, Brian Rimpf all who played plenty of quality minutes last year and are all young. We lost Tony Pashos another young lineman. Yes we have Flynn and JO and Keydrick Vincent but they are the only real veterans that we have ! Now his thoughts on AD are a little bit degrading to the rest of the Defense. I am looking forward to see what the D looks like without AD out there. We have yet to have let a FA go that has turned out to be a complete beast with another Team, though I am a fan of AD and hope he does well in NE (Except when he plays us in the AFC Championship game this year coming up !!)

EdReedUnstoppable
05-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I think his comments about an infusion of youth into our OL is very uneducated.. considering we have Jason Brown, Chris Chester, Adam Terry, Brian Rimpf all who played plenty of quality minutes last year and are all young. We lost Tony Pashos another young lineman. Yes we have Flynn and JO and Keydrick Vincent but they are the only real veterans that we have ! Now his thoughts on AD are a little bit degrading to the rest of the Defense. I am looking forward to see what the D looks like without AD out there. We have yet to have let a FA go that has turned out to be a complete beast with another Team, though I am a fan of AD and hope he does well in NE (Except when he plays us in the AFC Championship game this year coming up !!)

hahahahaha

Don't bank on it.