PDA

View Full Version : From an NFC rival

HEISMANHERSCHEL
05-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Wanted your thoughts as fans of the lions.

IMO, Kevin Jones was a great pick. I wanted my team to get him. I think his talent level is really high.

But it seems that he has fallen out of favor, if I read the national media. I dont live in Detroit, so I dont know what is actually going on.

With you guys picking up Tatum Bell, are yall burned out on Kevin Jones?

Say it aint so...

I know he had a bad season last year, but I would trade our starter for him right now!

jbombul
05-17-2007, 04:18 AM
jones has been injured pretty much his entire career. we brought in tatum bell because a:) we needed to get rid of Dre Bly and b:) he is a perfect fit for our offense, as well as an insurance policy.

WMD
05-17-2007, 08:25 AM
KJ had a bad lisfranc injury last year, Tatum Bell was picked up mainly for insurance..

Aard
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm not burned out on Kevin Jones at all. He had a very good season last year, demonstrating he can be an effective receiver out of the backfield while shouldering the team rushing load. His injury came on a fluke play and he appears to be on the road to full recovery.

I do like the additions of Bell and Duckett; together, the three of them should be able to run the ball in any situation as their styles complement each other well. Jones will see fewer carries in 2007 even if he's 100%, and that hurts him as a fantasy prospect, but it will make the Lions a better team on the ground.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6789

Kevin Jones was the key to our offense last year. Although it looks like, he didn't have a good year last year, he had 61 receptions and over 1,200 all purpose yards with 8tds. He only had 689 yards on the ground but that is because we never ran with I think a league record for least attempts because our O-line was atrocious/injured. KJ also missed 4.5 games if you count the Arizona game when he first hurt his ankle I believe. If he stays healthy and averages 80 yards per game he is over 1,000 rushing plus more receiving yards than 520(which is pretty good for a RB).

Two games we won with him, were the two games he carried the ball over 20 times and went over 100 yards. KJ needs to work on his fumbling problem and durability, but now with KJ/Tatum/Duckett and a hopefully improved O-line our running game will be much better in 2007.

supermario86
05-17-2007, 07:24 PM
We have the toughest schedule against the run so it will be hard for anybody to prove thay can run well. Especially Kitna :)

dreadedluck
05-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I think KJ when healthy is a solid RB. He can catch the ball, he can see the field well, and has very quick feet. The problem is he is always hurt, and eventually guys like that get sent packing. We have Bell as an insurance, and if he performs well, I wouldnt be surprised if KJ becomes expendable in the Lions outlook of the future. Especially when KJ hasnt played a full season since his rookie campaign. But we knew when we drafted him that he was injury prone, to bad we didn't luck out. Make or break year for KJ, in my opinion!

We averaged like 70 yards on the ground as a team last year, that is beyond pathetic. As M. Faulk knows well, when KJ is healthy and gets the ball 20 plus times we greatly improve or chances to win games. Our schedule is definitely brutal.

woodnick
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I think KJ when healthy is a solid RB. He can catch the ball, he can see the field well, and has very quick feet. The problem is he is always hurt, and eventually guys like that get sent packing. We have Bell as an insurance, and if he performs well, I wouldnt be surprised if KJ becomes expendable in the Lions outlook of the future. Especially when KJ hasnt played a full season since his rookie campaign. But we knew when we drafted him that he was injury prone, to bad we didn't luck out. Make or break year for KJ, in my opinion!

We averaged like 70 yards on the ground as a team last year, that is beyond pathetic. As M. Faulk knows well, when KJ is healthy and gets the ball 20 plus times we greatly improve or chances to win games. Our schedule is definitely brutal.

KJ missed a one or two games during his rookie season due to an ankle injury, but he ended strong.

woodnick
05-18-2007, 06:32 PM

I agree that KJ is entering a big year for his Lions career, hopefully he'll be able to play

dreadedluck
05-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes, he missied one game and started 14, playing in 15. So technically he hasnt played a full season. This sadly only points out my earlier post more. I like him, but that doesn't mean anything in the NFL anymore, especially with Veterans and injury prone players.