PDA

View Full Version : 2008 FS prospects?

foozball
05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
After Kenny Phillips, theres no real hype about any other free safeties. Will anybody rocket up boards like Reggie Nelson did this year? Who all are the best free safeties next year?

fenikz
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
actually there are quite a few good safties behind phillips

Jonathan Hefney - Tenn
Michael Hamlin - Clemson
Quintin Demps - UTEP
Kelin Johnson - Georgia
Eric Brock - Auburn
Courtney Greene - Rutgers

Phrost
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
actually there are quite a few good safties behind phillips

Jonathan Hefney - Tenn
Michael Hamlin - Clemson
Quintin Demps - UTEP
Kelin Johnson - Georgia
Eric Brock - Auburn
Courtney Greene - Rutgers

Where would Phillips fit best in a cover 2 D? SS or FS?

Michael related to Ken?

Moses
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Where would Phillips fit best in a cover 2 D? SS or FS?

Michael related to Ken?

In the Cover 2, both safety roles are essentially the same. Phillips is more of a free safety, although he fits in as a strong safety as well.

Don Vito
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Josh Pinkard (USC), Jon Hefney(Tenn), Courtney Greene (Rutgers), and Mike Hamlin (Clemson) are all guys who have the potential to shoot up into round 1.

scottyboy
05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Courtney Greene is flat out sick. My dream scenario is the Giants lock up Gibril and draft him.

Homerism aside, Courtney Greene is a great overall player. Seen every game of his career. Hard hitter, instinctive, but will get beat deep sometimes as he's not always in the right spot to recover. But can be a playmaker with good hands

reese
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM
kelin johnson of uga is the fastest player ive ever seen......to congradulate a fellow player when they make a play

Jonny
05-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Greene doesn't play on the strong side but that's just because of the way Rutgers plays defense, it's flipped compared to most teams. He's a SS.

draftguru151
05-18-2007, 08:32 AM
In the Cover 2, both safety roles are essentially the same. Phillips is more of a free safety, although he fits in as a strong safety as well.

Phillips is much more of a SS than FS. Miami doesn't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips is more of an in the box guy than center fielder. He can play FS, but he is a better tackler than roamer at this point.

Gchu83
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Marcus Griffin (Micheal's brother)- Texas

reigle9
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
I saw a lot of people talking about Anthony Scirrotto (PSU and non-PSU fans). I don't really agree with it myself though.

'cuse-213
05-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Sleeper- Joe Fields/Syracuse

I'm real high on him.

TitanHope
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Johnathan Hefney is a versatile player who has played both safety and corner in his collegiate career at Tennessee. He returns punts, and even kickoffs, I believe. He's the best player in our secondary, and possibly the best player on our defense. A very good prospect, and probably the #2 or #3 safety prospect in next year's draft.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Phillips is much more of a SS than FS. Miami doesn't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips is more of an in the box guy than center fielder. He can play FS, but he is a better tackler than roamer at this point.

Definitely. If a team isn't going to move him to corner, the least they can do is make sure he plays the strongside and covers the tight ends.