PDA

View Full Version : Best RB from 2004 draft?

TheBoss
11-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Looking back the 2004 draft had some talented RB. Who would you take?

moc182
11-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Jackson then, Jackson now.

11-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Steven Jackson no doubt.

Komp
11-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Not sure why the poll is 50/50 Jackson/Jones. It is Jackson by a landslide. The guy is a power runner who can receive like a TE out of the backfield. He's a top 5 RB.

Moses
11-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Not sure why the poll is 50/50 Jackson/Jones. It is Jackson by a landslide. The guy is a power runner who can receive like a TE out of the backfield. He's a top 5 RB.

He is not a Top 5 RB but he is the best in this class so far. The others are nothing to get excited about.

Mr. Stiller
11-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Willie Parker....

MaxV
11-17-2006, 07:54 AM
The Jones boys are pretty good, but Jackson is physical freak.

smittyjs
11-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Stephen Jackson

Basileus777
11-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Its Jackson, but this isn't all that great of a rb class. Jackson isn't a top 5 back though. Jackson is powerful and has become a good receiver, but he has terrible vision.

11-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Stephen Jackson

DeathbyStat
11-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Willie Parker....

Good one I'll second that...but imagine if we had steven Jackson.

bigbluedefense
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
I know the popular choice is Steven Jackson, but lets take a step back and really look at this.

Can we really solidify him as the clearcut number 1 from this group?

Kevin Jones is finally putting it together this year, and playing very well. Maybe he finally turned the corner. Julius Jones has had a quiet but very effective season so far, but its being ignored because of all the attention on BP/TO/Romo and the fact that like Tiki, he's spelled by MBIII in goalline situations which hurts his stats. Steven Jackson is also having a very good season, and Willie Parker as well.

So can we safely say that Jackson is the clearcut #1? I don't think so. In fact, I think we need another year to evaluate all of these guys before we can say something like that.

11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Kevin Jones has the most potential pretty easily, but so far Jackson has been beastly. I like them both.

Mr. Stiller
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Willie Parker....

Good one I'll second that...but imagine if we had steven Jackson.

I'd take Willie Parker over Jackson.

bsaza2358
11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I do not believe that any pro scout giving his honest opinion would prefer Willie Parker over Stephen Jackson. Jackson is huge, fast, and can catch. He has great vision and has been pretty damn healthy. I think he's the most talented back in that class.

In terms of who I'd want to build a team around, I'd rank them:

Jackson
Kevin Jones
Willie Parker a very close third
Julius Jones a very close fourth
Tatum Bell
Chris Perry

SeanTaylorRIP
11-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Who voted for Chris Perry? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ccB
11-17-2006, 01:50 PM
This shouldnt even need to be asked. SJax in a landslide.

Space Ghost
11-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Who voted for Chris Perry? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Wolverines fan.

dcarey20
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Kevin Jones is the most talented IMO, but Jackson is very talented as well, and he is by far the most consistent player on that list, so he gets my vote.

11-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Steven Jackson stats since entering the league:

Yards: 2503 Avg: 4.3 TD: 17

Julius Jones:

Yds: 2546 Avg: 4.0 TD: 15

Kevin Jones:

Yds: 2425 Avg: 4.2 TD:16

Wille Parker:

Yds: 2235 Avg: 4.7 TD: 12

The stats are pretty close between all of them

Moses
11-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Steven Jackson stats since entering the league:

Yards: 2503 Avg: 4.3 TD: 17

Julius Jones:

Yds: 2546 Avg: 4.0 TD: 15

Kevin Jones:

Yds: 2425 Avg: 4.2 TD:16

Wille Parker:

Yds: 2235 Avg: 4.7 TD: 12

The stats are pretty close between all of them

Jackson is really the only one who has been consistent since he entered the league. He's the type of guy you can depend on for 4 yards a carry as well as a couple of receptions out of the backfield. Add in the fact that he wears down the defence and gets it done on short yardage situations and you have the best running back in the 2004 Draft Class, as of now.

dcarey20
11-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Jackson is really the only one who has been consistent since he entered the league. He's the type of guy you can depend on for 4 yards a carry as well as a couple of receptions out of the backfield. Add in the fact that he wears down the defence and gets it done on short yardage situations and you have the best running back in the 2004 Draft Class, as of now.

you hit the nail on the head.

BuddyCHRIST
11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
it should be Kevin Jones, he was a beast the end of his rookie season but what the heck happened? He has all the tools. Regardless It's probably Jackson right now, I'd say Parker is 2nd.

dcarey20
11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
it should be Kevin Jones, he was a beast the end of his rookie season but what the heck happened?

I think he's been great this year.

Splat
11-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Stephen Jackson but non of them are great.

Space Ghost
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Stephen Jackson before the draft.

Stephen Jackson now.

draftguru151
11-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Yea, definately Stephen Jackson.

The only people that would take Parker over Jackson are Steeler homers.

jkpigskin
11-17-2006, 07:18 PM
sjax

parker is the 2nd best IMO of that class

Smooth Criminal
11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I'll take Jackson. Willie has done alot in the league for being an UDFA but I think Jackson is a more complete, consistant back. Willie is faster than Jackson but thats the only thing he has on SJ.

datchapin
11-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't understand why people seem not to even acknowledge Bell. As far as production all of the other guys are A) Starters and B) Carry the bulk of the load. Here's what I think everyone thinks that because he's in Denver it's not really impressive. Yet, the 2 seasons before this he avg. 5.3 YPC and this season he is once again on the platoon. However the guy picks up yds. and does so effectively. Every other RB has been given greater chances yet with the limited opportunities Bell has gotten he's proven he's a capable back.

Smooth Criminal
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I think people are unimpressed with Bell because he hasn't carried the load. He had his shot to be the guy this year and he blew it enough that an UDFA was named the starter.

Bell hasn't proven he can carry the load which guys like Jackson have.

Star Wideout
11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I'll agree with the majority and go with Jackson, but he's far from perfect.

He needs to stop dancing and hit the hole hard, for a guy that big it seems like he dances way too much at the LOS.

Brodeur
11-17-2006, 11:25 PM
it should be Kevin Jones, he was a beast the end of his rookie season but what the heck happened? He has all the tools. Regardless It's probably Jackson right now, I'd say Parker is 2nd.

Perhaps because Detroit's run blocking has been horrendous for a while now and that hasn't exactly helped Kevin Jones. Jackson has the edge over Kevin Jones for now.

Shiver
11-18-2006, 07:58 AM
How is Parker 2nd? Kevin Jones is better than he is. He is averaging 4.2 YPC, behind a worse O-Line, and is a big dual threat which Parker isn't.

Mr. Stiller
11-18-2006, 08:02 AM
How is Parker 2nd? Kevin Jones is better than he is. He is averaging more YPC, behind a worse O-Line, and is a big dual threat which Parker isn't.

How is parker not a dual threat? He's almost as good Recieving as he is running. and He's getting more powerful and maintaining his 4.3 speed.

Shiver
11-18-2006, 08:05 AM
How is Parker 2nd? Kevin Jones is better than he is. He is averaging more YPC, behind a worse O-Line, and is a big dual threat which Parker isn't.

How is parker not a dual threat? He's almost as good Recieving as he is running. and He's getting more powerful and maintaining his 4.3 speed.

Kevin Jones is on pace for huge receiving numbers for his position. Parker isn't, although he isn't Shaun Alexander either. Kevin Jones is nearly as productive on the ground, minus all the all-pro lineman the Steelers have.

Mr. Stiller
11-18-2006, 08:10 AM

Kevin Jones is on pace for huge receiving numbers for his position. Parker isn't, although he isn't Shaun Alexander either. Kevin Jones is nearly as productive on the ground, minus all the all-pro lineman the Steelers have.

1? Alan Faneca. Maybe you could make a case for Marvel Smith...but hartings is too old, Simmons is garbage along with starks.

Staubach12
11-18-2006, 08:13 AM

1? Alan Faneca. Maybe you could make a case for Marvel Smith...but hartings is too old, Simmons is garbage along with starks.

Starks isn't that bad :?

Mr. Stiller
11-18-2006, 08:16 AM

do you actually watch the steelers?

9 sacks in 9 games, and against denver alone he gave up 7 hurries in the first half. He couldn't stop Dumervil, Burgess or anyone from walking into the backfield.

jackalope
11-18-2006, 09:11 AM
definitely Jackson

draftguru151
11-18-2006, 01:38 PM

do you actually watch the steelers?

9 sacks in 9 games, and against denver alone he gave up 7 hurries in the first half. He couldn't stop Dumervil, Burgess or anyone from walking into the backfield.

He is a good run blocker. Saying the amount of sacks in a thread about RBs isn't a good argument.

draftguru151
11-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I think people are unimpressed with Bell because he hasn't carried the load. He had his shot to be the guy this year and he blew it enough that an UDFA was named the starter.

You are aware that Mike Bell hasn't started a regular season game and Shanny just did that to motivate Tatum. Bell has carried the load all season.

whiteghost324
11-18-2006, 01:53 PM
people hating on julius...he hasnt even been able to stay healthy and sitll has more yards then all other backs that yr and you cant say he is running behind a great line because we all know thats not the case...he is very talented and we are seeing that this year with him staying healthy...but jackson is probably the best of the bunch but julius is no slack

bearfan
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Have to go w/ Jackson. He has shown the most, but Willie Parker was a good one I saw. If Julius was healthy, and Kevin Jones had a consistant offense, I think it would be a lot closer

Smooth Criminal
11-18-2006, 03:45 PM

You are aware that Mike Bell hasn't started a regular season game and Shanny just did that to motivate Tatum. Bell has carried the load all season.

Tatum may been the starter but he ahs hardly carried the load. Mike Bell has taken about 1/3 of the carries.

Canadian_kid16
11-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I said Jackson, he is the most complete runner of the bunch of them.