PDA

View Full Version : Where...

bearfan
05-17-2007, 05:01 PM
My dad for my birthday yesterday is taking me on a vacation anywhere in Us (includes Canada). We will be driving to the place(s) of my choice, but I am not sure where I would like to go.

Any ideas? (keep in mind, I am Northern Illinois)

Ideas no es bueno:
Cali
Las Vegas (already asked :()
FL

fischbowl
05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
In all seriousness, Buffalo.

Not because It is my home town and all but we really do have some interesting attractions.

SuperMcGee
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM

Not because It is my home town and all but we really do have some interesting attractions.

I second this. You pretty much have to now.

Sportsfan486
05-17-2007, 05:07 PM
My dad for my birthday yesterday is taking me on a vacation anywhere in Us (includes Canada). We will be driving to the place(s) of my choice, but I am not sure where I would like to go.

Ideas no es bueno:
Cali
FL

Dude, Myrtle Beach (aka Dirty Myrtle) or Ft. Lauderdale. College is on summer break, weather is nice, girls are looking to get laid by someone not going to their school. Mention it was your birthday and get a few more presents to unwrap.

Paul

Not according to Willis Mcgahee.

bsaza2358
You could ask to do a ballpark tour of the East Coast. Hit up Fenway, Yankees Stadium, Shea (ugh), Citizen's Bank Park, Camden Yards, then RFK in Washington...

ironman4579
05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Dude, Myrtle Beach (aka Dirty Myrtle) or Ft. Lauderdale. College is on summer break, weather is nice, girls are looking to get laid by someone not going to their school. Mention it was your birthday and get a few more presents to unwrap.

Myrtle sucks, unless you like to golf. If you do go there, stay away from the clubs you see advertised on billboards and such. Those are all sausage parties for out of town guys that thinkthey're going to get laid. Try and go to the clubs at Broadway at the Beach because it's mostly local girls, although alot of them only want to get with local guys, not tourists. Stay away from Club Kryptonite, it blows unless you like a bunch of frat guys that think they're cool, but are mostly douches. I'd recommend Froggy Bottoms and Club Boca. I would stay away from Myrtle personally.

Beans
05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
My backyard.

Or... the jersey shore?

I don't get out much. :(

bearsfan_51
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
If you like the outdoors visit Wyoming and Montana. It's easily the most beautiful part of America.

tEk
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Cali is out? why may i ask. well anyway if you driving, i say go through S. Dakota see mt. rushmore. then hit up yellowstone national park.

btw what kind of car are you going to be tripping in?

Chucky
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Im dead serious, but Cape Breton and the Maritimes of Canada is the most beautiful part of all of North America, without a doubt, look it up

alexschnarr
05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
New Orleans is always ballin

fenikz
05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
i've been to nearly every state in the us, so i could tell you a lot about em

but 1st what do you like to do, what are you hoping for from this trip?

bearsfan_51
05-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Mount Rushmore is dumb. It's just a giant rock and it looks incredibly small in person.

Unless you are already going out the West and it's on the way (which it actually would be if you're going from Chicago and taking I-90) it's not worth the trip.

tEk
05-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Mount Rushmore is dumb. It's just a giant rock and it looks incredibly small in person.

Unless you are already going out the West and it's on the way (which it actually would be if you're going from Chicago and taking I-90) it's not worth the trip.well thats why i said if you driving that way... of course it shouldn't be the main point of the trip. aslo check out the grand canyon. awesome at sunrise and sunset.

thule
05-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I would have to say that Denver was one of my favorite vacation spots. I've been to about 30 states or so.

tEk
05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
oooo one last thing. if where you are going requires going through nebraska, skip it. trust me an extra 8 hours of driving is worth it.

ironman4579
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I've never been, but I know anyone from San Antonio has told me it's pretty great.

JF4
05-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Niagara Falls is really nice and plus it's not very far from Toronto so you can see the stuff there too.

ironman4579
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Go to Regina, Saskatchewan! It's got tons of stuff, like.............................................. old people, and............................well that's about it.

MaxV
05-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Is it a rainy season in Hawaii? :)

MP123
05-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Ideas no es bueno:
Cali
FL

Las Vegas. Best city on the planet. It's more than just the strip, unlike what most people say.

ironman4579
05-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Las Vegas. Best city on the planet. It's more than just the strip, unlike what most people say.

He said Las Vegas was a no go already.

TitleTown088
05-17-2007, 06:15 PM
If you like the outdoors visit Wyoming and Montana. It's easily the most beautiful part of America.

Idaho is better than both of those places. Cor-de-Lain , Idaho best city in America. ( ya I know Idaho is right by them)

Paul
05-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't come to Texas around the ned of Spring or middle of summer. So danm hot and humind it's disgusting.

TitleTown088
05-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Unless you are already going out the West and it's on the way (which it actually would be if you're going from Chicago and taking I-90) it's not worth the trip.

I have a really hard time believing the great state out South Dakota let you in to see Mount Rushmore.

Yes, it is dumb. The black hills(which are right around it) on the other hand are awsome.

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 06:25 PM
...In the world is Carmen San Diego...uh sorry just had to throw that out.

It depends on what you want to do. Alaska is pretty cool. Anywhere for me is pretty cool. I like seeing new places.

ny10804
05-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Lambeau. You'd be right at home.

bearfan
05-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Ok, remember I am 16, and going with my dad.

I like the Buffalo idea, I kinda want to see that whole North East Area.
Also Idaho and Montana is a good idea

Yellowstone, and Rushmore is no bueno either, sound uninteresting to me

And no cali or FL b/c it takes at least 2 days to get there, and 2 days back, which would be 4 of my 7 days. Plus, I have been to both.

Thanks for the help, keep em comin

tEk
05-17-2007, 06:35 PM
go to the east then. see phili, nyc and niagra falls. sounds more like your type of scene since your not an outdoorsman.

dabears10
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
You could ask to do a ballpark tour of the East Coast. Hit up Fenway, Yankees Stadium, Shea (ugh), Citizen's Bank Park, Camden Yards, then RFK in Washington...

Along these lines, I'd go with a Hall of Fame tour. Football, Baseball, Basketball. That is of course if he is a big sports fanatic. Yes, also go to as many STADIUMS as possible.

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Really. Whoever said going to buffalo was right. Well. If you go over east by way of canada. That's a summer trip right there. You take 94 to detroit (but skip detroit...). go up to toronto, stay a night there. toronto is mad fun. go east to niagra. spend the night at the border. go east on 88 to the catskills and the finger lakes in upstate ny... go down down to 91 and then go to bridgeport, ct (which is pretty cool. minus i get lost there too much), take the ferry across the LI sound, stop in port jefferson (go to penne lane and pick up some chicken salad. it's delicious). drive east to montauk pt. then go west across strong island to NYC, take 280 through jersey (which is really a nice drive. seriously.) untill you get to pennsylvania. and then it sucks. hours and hours and hours of driving through the hills. when you get outside of pgh take 79 north to erie and take 90 back home. if you're feeling quite adventerous and like roller coasters, you can stop at sandusky for the day. and then find your way back. it's like probably a five day trip.

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok, remember I am 16, and going with my dad.

I like the Buffalo idea, I kinda want to see that whole North East Area.
Also Idaho and Montana is a good idea

Yellowstone, and Rushmore is no bueno either, sound uninteresting to me

And no cali or FL b/c it takes at least 2 days to get there, and 2 days back, which would be 4 of my 7 days. Plus, I have been to both.

Thanks for the help, keep em comin

how far can you go and do you have to drive there?

Shane P. Hallam
05-17-2007, 06:42 PM
What about Ohio? Take a trip from Canton and see the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, then hit up Cleveland and see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Grab a baseball game or two or something. May not fulfill your needs, but hey, the HOFs are cool.

fenikz
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
if i were you id go see the east coast, you can drive from one state to the other in like like 2 hours so you could go from boston to maryland in like 7

but i wouldn't drive around in NYC take amtrack or something

but its a nice trip

Shane P. Hallam
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I had a lot of fun staying in NJ and taking the ferry to NYC everyday. It was great and saved you from driving.

bearfan
05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I can go anywhere.
I have 7 maybe 8 days
Tek, I am sorta outdoorsy,so dont count that out.

Oh btw, I dont like baseball ;)

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Well you can't go west because anything that's close to you on the west is just plains then mountains and you can't go really far west to where it's good like california and washington. You can't go north into canada. You could go south but there's not much there. I'd have to say to drive through Ohio and go to the east coast. See some stuff. If you haven't chosen a college yet, this would be a good time...

bearfan
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Ehh I could hit football HOF on way back, but living in midwest Ohio isnt as desirable

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I can go anywhere.
I have 7 maybe 8 days
Tek, I am sorta outdoorsy,so dont count that out.

Oh btw, I dont like baseball ;)

That sucks u can't fly. You could've gone to Alaska.

NickBam
There's no need to leave the CL.

bearfan
If you haven't chosen a college yet, this would be a good time...

Haha, thats for another vacation that my parents said that they would take me to check out some colleges ;)

bearfan
05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
There's no need to leave the CL.

Haha. The thing that I dislike is that everyone "Town is boring". Oh btw, your sisters friends (soccer team) are mighta fine my friend

NickBam
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Haha. The thing that I dislike is that everyone "Town is boring". Oh btw, your sisters friends (soccer team) are mighta fine my friend

Haha. Yeah, CL is a nice place to grow up. Not so fun when you're my age. Not old enough to go the bars, damn.

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM

definitelly go to the football hall of fame. Especially because chicago has a long history of success (unlike the browns who have a long history of failure.) You could go to Washington DC and see all the memorials and the White House.

Shane P. Hallam
05-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Ohhh, yeah D.C. is awesome if you are into that stuff.

tEk
05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm into that stuff. ;)

bearfan
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM

My dad could probably get us into congress and watch the house or senate. I have considered that, that would be cool

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Haha. Yeah, CL is a nice place to grow up. Not so fun when you're my age. Not old enough to go the bars, damn.

Oh CL. It's a decent place.

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 07:36 PM
My dad could probably get us into congress and watch the house or senate. I have considered that, that would be cool

the smithsonians are also really cool. and free.
can't beat that.

kalbears13
05-17-2007, 07:47 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/kaddyescalade/11111.jpg

Day 1- Travel to Canton and visit the Pro Football HOF and then the Rock and Roll HOF in Cleveland.
Day 2- Travel to Buffalo because you said you liked the idea earlier.
Day 3- Boston and stay in Rhode Island. Along the coast. Newport Rhode Island I hear is nice.
Day 4- Through Connecticut and into New York.
Day 5- Philadelphia. A lot of history.
Day 6- Washington DC. Capital.
Day 7- Drive Home

I suggest you do a lot of driving along the coast because it's a lot cooler (especially during the summer) and it's has a lot more scenery and the cities and towns are usually nicer.

steelersfan43
05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Yellow stone.

NickBam
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh CL. It's a decent place.

CL owns. Word.

TitleTown088
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yellow stone.

Yellow stone is great. Outdoors vacations are easily the most fun. Camping, wiskey, fire, and animals..... Whats not to like?

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
CL owns. Word.

ha, my friends a teacher in D300. but you do have some decent fishing up in that area... er. more FL, not CL. but. it's close. (i used to live on 31 only 20 miles south)

The Unseen
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Yellow stone is great. Outdoors vacations are easily the most fun. Camping, wiskey, fire, and animals..... Whats not to like?

A prehistoric megavolcano is the most awesomest part.

steelersfan43
05-17-2007, 08:22 PM

Yea, Im hoping to go this summer.

NickBam
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
ha, my friends a teacher in D300. but you do have some decent fishing up in that area... er. more FL, not CL. but. it's close. (i used to live on 31 only 20 miles south)

Stuck in D300? Poor guy...

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Stuck in D300? Poor guy...

i know. i hear horror stories.

NickBam
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
i know. i hear horror stories.

It's bad, real bad. They almost had to shut down the sport and after-school activities last year because they don't have money. Is he at Dundee-Crown, Jacobs or Hampshire?

awfullyquiet
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
It's bad, real bad. They almost had to shut down the sport and after-school activities last year because they don't have money. Is he at Dundee-Crown, Jacobs or Hampshire?

uh, she was an art teacher at Algonquin MS. they cut her job this year because they don't have money.

NickBam
05-17-2007, 08:49 PM
uh, she was an art teacher at Algonquin MS. they cut her job this year because they don't have money.

Yeah, sounds like D300. D47/155 is the districts to be in this area.

j05son
05-17-2007, 10:33 PM
If you are going East Coast, I too, would suggest a Canton/Cleveland first day.

The Football HoF is nice. The Rock Hall is pretty sweet too [unless you're the window cleaner, you'll understand if you go]. The Rock Hall is right next to Cleveland Municipal stadium so you could tour it [not the most exciting]. Plus you are ON the lake, so you can go rent some boats or jet ski's or mess around on the beach or something. I like the Lake, a lot better than the dirty Ohio river...

You can also hear Cleveland's most popular greeting; "eh man, spare a couple bucks?"

You can also head to Tower City, House of Blues [if you plan it right, you could see a show] -same as the Scene which I like better than house of blues...Eat at Hard Rock...

Cleveland - The city of bridges, has some nice bridges illuminated with lights in the flats.

Negatives about Cleveland, if you have any open wounds, cover them well or you may end up with a staph infection [ask many of the Browns players].[/sarcasm/satire]

remix 6
05-17-2007, 10:36 PM
dont come to Jersey. we dont want you here.

Xiomera
05-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH?

I can't get enough of that place myself . . .

DHVF
05-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I personally would choose Colorado, as I have a hard time getting enough of those mountains. Either that or you could come up here in southeast minny and stay with me......it'd be pretty tight.

DChess
05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
go to outer the outer banks

DChess
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH?

I can't get enough of that place myself . . .

im going monday, woo woo

j05son
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
I personally would choose Colorado, as I have a hard time getting enough of those mountains. Either that or you could come up here in southeast minny and stay with me......it'd be pretty tight.

I was in Colorado for a week in April, 2006, and absolutely hated it! That's just me though.

bearfan
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys, right now I am thinking:

Canton (way up or down)
NY
Boston
DC

ironman4579
05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I think DC is a great place actually. A ton of history, and a ton of things to see.