PDA

View Full Version : Paul Oliver

aNYtitan
05-17-2007, 08:42 PM
With the recent proclamtation that he is facing academic troubles he is planning to enter the suplemental draft. I have been checking out the message board in the NFL section and many people are proclaiming that their team would be willing to use a third rounder, even possibly a second rounder on him. Is it worth it for the Titans to use a second rounder on him? He is viewed as possibly the #1 or #2 corner in next years draft, and we do have a need for a CB, and it allows us to keep Michael Griffin at safety. What do you guys think?

Cashmoney
05-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm definitely all for this. we have a big need at corner and i think it would make our secondary better at corner, and then safety by allowing griffin to stay at his natural safety spot. If he checks out character wise then i wouldnt mind us departing with a second round pick for a player that some people had viewed as the best corner in next years draft.

stephenson86
05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
could be worth it :)

TitanHope
05-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, the Bengals used a third on Ahmad Brooks last year, and though he had character problems, was still considered to be the top LB for the next year's draft, and possibly a Top 10 pick. I don't think Paul Oliver's a Top 10 pick, but he doesn't have character problems...he's just unsmart.

A 3rd Rounder easily...I'm hesitant to give up a 2nd, but I wouldn't be mad if we did.

Its also rumored that Jared Gaither is going to enter the Supplemental Draft. Not that we'd show much interest in him, but it looks like the Supp. Draft could be an interesting one if these rumors hold true.

aNYtitan
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, the Bengals used a third on Ahmad Brooks last year, and though he had character problems, was still considered to be the top LB for the next year's draft, and possibly a Top 10 pick. I don't think Paul Oliver's a Top 10 pick, but he doesn't have character problems...he's just unsmart.

A 3rd Rounder easily...I'm hesitant to give up a 2nd, but I wouldn't be mad if we did.

Its also rumored that Jared Gaither is going to enter the Supplemental Draft. Not that we'd show much interest in him, but it looks like the Supp. Draft could be an interesting one if these rumors hold true.

From what I here, if Gaither had a strong showing this upcoming season he was going to be up there with Jake Long and Sam Baker. A mammoth of a man at 6'9" and 330 lbs, but he moves quick for his size. I think it possibly could be a very good supplemental draft for many