PDA

View Full Version : Paul Oliver and the supplemental draft.

Smokey Joe
05-18-2007, 01:19 PM
If Paul Oliver does indeed enter the supplemental draft due to academic reasons, should the Bears try and get him. They would have the second pick in the supplemental draft because it goes in reverse order from the regular draft, correct?

I was upset that the Bears didn't get Ahmad Brooks last season, so I hope they think about possibly giving a second for Oliver, since I don't see him going to the third round.

bearsfan_51
05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah that Ahmad Brooks is really working out too.

The supplemental draft is never a good idea. Most of the players that are in it are either too stupid to tie their shoes (see Brian Bozworth), too immature to play in the NFL (see Manny Wright) or too much trouble off the field to be worth it (see Ahmad Brooks).

I'm sure there are a handful that have worked out but usually it's a risk not worth taking.

Bearsfan123
05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah that Ahmad Brooks is really working out too.

The supplemental draft is never a good idea. Most of the players that are in it are either too stupid to tie their shoes (see Brian Bozworth), too immature to play in the NFL (see Manny Wright) or too much trouble off the field to be worth it (see Ahmad Brooks).

I'm sure there are a handful that have worked out but usually it's a risk not worth taking.

Dude Ahmad Brooks seems to be doing fine. I havent heard a peep about him. He wasnt worth a top 10 pick, but for a 3rd rder hes getting good playing time and doing some good with it. Next year we have an extra 3rd rder anyway, and if we can bolster a position with a highly talented player who may or may not be a bad guy why not give it a shot?

I dunno why the guy is in the supplemental draft, so i dont know if hes a guy whos consistently screwed up or not but dude you're acting like all the people in the supplemental draft are scum and thats unfair.

SFbear
05-18-2007, 04:54 PM
He's in the supplemental for academic reasons.

awfullyquiet
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
but the important part, and rather enlightening part is that...

instead of going straight to the draft like he could have after his junior year.
he stayed in school.

bearsfan_51
05-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Dude Ahmad Brooks seems to be doing fine. I havent heard a peep about him. He wasnt worth a top 10 pick, but for a 3rd rder hes getting good playing time and doing some good with it. Next year we have an extra 3rd rder anyway, and if we can bolster a position with a highly talented player who may or may not be a bad guy why not give it a shot?Brooks had one good game and was basically non-existant beyond that. He hasn't been a bust sure, and I would have been ok with taking the pick, but I'm not losing sleep over it and would rather have Okwo to be honest.

As for the off the field issues, he's a Bengal, give it time.

Bearsfan123
05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
is it possible Jared Gaither and Oliver enter the supplemental draft? and if so should we use a pick on either?