PDA

View Full Version : New Madden 2008 details

DuckHunt
05-18-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.sportsgamer.com/index.php?url=content/770/more-details-on-madden-08-revealed

Favre overthrowing WR's.....never!

Windy
05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
fantasy draft!!!!!!!

bearfan
05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
fantasy draft!!!!!!!

Thank the lord, fav feature was missing. Its back!

The Unseen
05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Cool.

Guess I can't call all of those Engage Eights anymore...

awfullyquiet
05-18-2007, 06:24 PM
biggest issue with madden in the past two years. DBacks who would outcut my WR's.

nvot9
05-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm so buying this, when's it come out?

NIN1984
05-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Aug 14th, thank god edit player and fantasy draft are back

Pit Bull #53
05-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Great news, I'm glad they're putting back in owner mode with the fantasy drafts and all that. Besides head to head playing against other people, playing in owner mode with a franchise was the only thing I did on Madden. From reading everything, it sounds like this one is gonna be great, so I'm definately gonna get it.

jballa838
05-18-2007, 06:38 PM
The complete list of weapons includes:

Cannon Arm
Hands
Spectacular Catch
Power Back
Press Coverage
Pass Blocker
Finesse Move Defensive Lineman
Route Running
Power Move Defensive Lineman
Possession Receiver
Shutdown Corner
Smart Quarterback
Stiff Arm Ball Carrier
Smart Safety
Speed
Smart Corner
Smart Linebacker
Big Foot Kicker
Accurate Kicker
Elusive Back
Big Hitter
Accurate Quarterback
Brick Wall Defender
Crushing Run Blocker
http://sports.ign.com/articles/789/789781p1.html

Phrost
05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Well I like the additions like you all but the question is...Will the gameplay be better?

M1Koter
05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I havn't bought madden since 05, I should probaby buy it this year, I have like one game for my x-box.

Smokey Joe
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks awesome so far. Does anyone know if EA is making a special feature for the siaxis PS3 controller?

-black
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
In Madden, the term is Smart Quarterback and it's 1 of 24 superstar abilities in the game. Here's how it works: There is an icon under Manning as he lines up (in fact, anyone who has a special weapon ability has an icon that looks similar to NBA Live's Superstar icons). When you start the game, Manning's icon is gray. The more the defense calls the same plays throughout the game, the more Manning's icon turns to gold. When the icon is completely gold, the guy controlling the offense can hold down the right trigger + LB to reveal the play art of the defense.

YES!!!! that sounds BEAUTIFUL

Phrost
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm so buying this, when's it come out?

Who is that in your sig btw?

05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Another year, another game the same as last year with a little touch ups. All-Pro Football 2k8 for me thanks.

757Dawg
05-18-2007, 07:21 PM
If EA releases another Madden game that screws up the Browns uniforms, I will not buy it. Every year a new Madden game comes out and every year it's the same old crap (except last year, when it was actually worse. our away jersey featured brown pants. WTF???).

Is it really so much to ask for the Browns to be given orange gloves? The glove colors are white, black, and team color. EA has always made our team color brown. It's gone beyond annoying.

And our stadium always features the crowd colors as brown and blue. Seriously, what the hell is that?

Bottom line, I'm not spending $60 for something that features these kind of fallacies.

-black
05-18-2007, 07:22 PM
If EA releases another Madden game that screws up the Browns uniforms, I will not buy it. Every year a new Madden game comes out and every year it's the same old crap (except last year, when it was actually worse. our away jersey featured brown pants. WTF???).

Is it really so much to ask for the Browns to be given orange gloves? The glove colors are white, black, and team color. EA has always made our team color brown. It's gone beyond annoying.

And our stadium always features the crowd colors as brown and blue. Seriously, what the hell is that?

Bottom line, I'm not spending $60 for something that features these kind of fallacies.

lol..............

Phrost
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM

I have to agree, small fallacies such as these add up tremendously in the end. Making the game even more unplayable.

Philliez01
05-18-2007, 07:52 PM
This all sounds really good, I am assuming EA is feeling the outside pressure caused by All Pro Football 2K8?

Still, the "read defense" add-on sounds really insane. I hope I have a PS3 by then.

jackalope
05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
These features also apply to the Wii version, right?

Phrost
05-18-2007, 08:07 PM
These features also apply to the Wii version, right?

Most, like the new roles and stuff.
Should be pretty similar.

Caddy
05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
fantasy draft!!!!!!!

Yew!!!!!!!!

Nitschke-Hawk
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
awesome, I am truly a better Madden player straight up than my cousin, he does all this gimmicky, cheesy ish and whenever he wins he sneaks it out and I lose in a frustrating manner. However when he does stuff that is common in football he isn't as good and I dismantle him. He would just take advantage of weaknesses created by the game itself, not football.

Eaglez.Fan
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Looks awesome so far. Does anyone know if EA is making a special feature for the siaxis PS3 controller?

Hopefully different from last time, where when you scratch our ear you jump offside/false start. They should put it in, in the hit stick but better reaction time then before. And they should put it in catching, say you pass the WR the ball on his right should you should have to reach over there with the controller or something. And youd' be able to turn it off of course.

-black
05-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I just hate those who get the Falcons and run with Vick the entire game.......i mean some dudes i play with dont even kno what passing play they are calling....just as long as they can run with Vick. Then they throw a screen that goes for 15 yards and they keep doing a hurry up the rest of the drive or untill i call a T.O. Gets very frustrating. I still win, because i run the football alot and control the time. But it is frustrating. I play NCAA more though. Madden is my 2nd game

Vikes99ej
05-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I didn't see it specifically say in there that there is a Fantasy Draft and that you can edit players, but I want to believe it so badly...

Jimmy
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
fantasy draft!!!!!!!

YES!!! im clearly failing all my classes next year. just kidding. A- average

The Legend
05-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Cannon Arm - Brett Favre
Hands - Donald Driver
Spectacular Catch
Power Back
Press Coverage - Al Harris
Pass Blocker - Mark Tauscher
Finesse Move Defensive Lineman - Aaron Kampman
Route Running
Possession Receiver
Shutdown Corner
Smart Quarterback
Stiff Arm Ball Carrier
Smart Safety
Speed
Smart Corner
Smart Linebacker - Nick Barnett
Big Foot Kicker - Dave Rayner
Accurate Kicker
Elusive Back
Big Hitter
Accurate Quarterback
Brick Wall Defender
Crushing Run Blocker

Packers in Madden

things i like to see done

Woodson "Needs More Speed" 87 Speed
Ray Lewis "Needs More Strength" 75 Strenght
Aaron Kampman "Real Rateings" 92 Overall
Donald Driver "Real Rateings" 92 Overall
"Real Team Rateings" Vikings Are Not The Worst In The NFL - 82 Team Rateing

Phrost
05-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Cannon Arm- Simms?
Hands
Spectacular Catch
Power Back- Mike Alstott?
Press Coverage
Pass Blocker
Finesse Move Defensive Lineman-Simeon Rice and Gaines Adams
Route Running
Possession Receiver- Michael Clayton
Shutdown Corner
Smart Quarterback
Stiff Arm Ball Carrier
Smart Safety
Speed- Joey Galloway?
Smart Corner- Ronde Barber
Smart Linebacker- Derrick Brooks
Big Foot Kicker- Matt Bryant -62 yard FG
Accurate Kicker
Elusive Back
Big Hitter
Accurate Quarterback
Brick Wall Defender
Crushing Run Blocker

Buccaneers in Madden.

Chucky
05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Buccaneers in Madden.

Caddy will prob get elusive back

Phrost
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Caddy will prob get elusive back

I didn't think they gave bad players roles...

GB12
05-18-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't think they gave bad players roles...

Well you gave one to Chris Simms...

Phrost
05-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Well you gave one to Chris Simms...

Look up 2005, when Gruden managed the offense to his talents. BTW he would be a probowler in a vertical offense.

Smokey Joe
05-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I just hate those who get the Falcons and run with Vick the entire game.......i mean some dudes i play with dont even kno what passing play they are calling....just as long as they can run with Vick. Then they throw a screen that goes for 15 yards and they keep doing a hurry up the rest of the drive or untill i call a T.O. Gets very frustrating. I still win, because i run the football alot and control the time. But it is frustrating. I play NCAA more though. Madden is my 2nd game
I have no problem with that. I love playing people with Vick because I find it very easy to shut him down.

-black
05-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I have no problem with that. I love playing people with Vick because I find it very easy to shut him down.

this was on Madden 05. Its easy now cuz I found that having your DE's spy the QB shuts Vick (or any running QB) down......

I havent played Madden in a while tho, all i play is NCAA now

Smokey Joe
05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
this was on Madden 05. Its easy now cuz I found that having your DE's spy the QB shuts Vick (or any running QB) down......

Yeah, 05 was bad because there was no QB Vision. All you had to do was run around and throw a laser from behind your head.

BigJohn98
05-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow. I can't wait to do a fantasy draft.

Jimmy
05-18-2007, 09:44 PM

seriously.. if you cant stop vick though... its taken you way too long to figure out how.. just stop. denver is actually (or was) the perfect team to stop, because nobody ever runs with dunn with the falcons, and you could spy with wilson or DJ, and just have bailey have a field day

-black
05-18-2007, 09:46 PM
seriously.. if you cant stop vick though... its taken you way too long to figure out how.. just stop. denver is actually (or was) the perfect team to stop, because nobody ever runs with dunn with the falcons, and you could spy with wilson or DJ, and just have bailey have a field day

draftguru151
05-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds fantastic, 07 on 360 was a bit of a disappointment, this sounds great though.

Shiver
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
It sounds like they are actually trying again. The past two years have disappointed.

Shane P. Hallam
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
The SS mode getting retooled is exciting for me. I was so pumped for it last year, then it blew. Now you won't have to watch things, new camera angles, etc. etc. SS mode looks sweet.

They did say that editing and fantasy draft is back, excellent.

Finally, the controls getting redone and being more responsive is a HUGE plus. I can't wait. I wasn't a big fan of Madden on 360, but I may get it next year instead of NCAA.

BuckNaked
05-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Vikings:
hands-troy williamson......

JF4
05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Nice, I can't wait to get my hands on this game. It should be interesting to see how they do the new camera angles for the Superstar mode.

Moses
05-18-2007, 11:48 PM

It's easy to stop somebody who is one dimensional like that. Just run containment with your DEs or run a QB spy. I play with Vick and the Falcons and have played plenty of people who can stop the QB rush.

Shiver
05-19-2007, 12:44 AM
The best way to stop Vick...

Play the San Diego Chargers, line Merriman and Foley (pre-shot edition) out wide, and bring them off the edge of every play.

ThEvIcTR
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM
I won the East Lansing madden tournament.. and I was ranked top 25 in NCAA (04 with Miamis sick ass team)

The pats are gonna be unstoppable in madden 08

Paranoidmoonduck
05-19-2007, 03:09 AM
I haven't bought Madden in a couple years now, but this year that might chance. This looks pretty fantastic.

The Legend
05-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Vikings:
hands-troy williamson......

LOL :) HAHAHA :) LOL

THAT WAS A GOOD ONE

ATLDirtyBirds
05-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I hope they don't go overboard with Vick... I know he is unstoppable in the game, but he had his best season last year, and I don't want his ratings to falter.

Anyway I'm pumped about Fantasy Draft.

JF4
05-19-2007, 10:18 AM
The best way to stop Vick...

Play the San Diego Chargers, line Merriman and Foley (pre-shot edition) out wide, and bring them off the edge of every play.

I would usually just line up in a quarter defense and blitz one of the db's and contain with the opposite side DE.

j05son
05-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I didn't see it specifically say in there that there is a Fantasy Draft and that you can edit players, but I want to believe it so badly...

Owner mode is back in Madden! According to producer David Ortiz, not only will Owner mode be in Madden for the 360 and PS3, it will include everything that was in the PS2 version and more. We don't have too much info other than that, but the fact that this mode is now confirmed makes me want to break out the Remy Red.

When you click on the link, you had to click the next link so you were reading IGN's article. Everything that was in the PS2's version of Owner mode will be in the next generation consoles versions in Owner mode.

-black
05-19-2007, 11:18 AM
It's easy to stop somebody who is one dimensional like that. Just run containment with your DEs or run a QB spy. I play with Vick and the Falcons and have played plenty of people who can stop the QB rush.

**sighs**............

kalbears13
05-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I only have '06 and I was wondering if they've put in a move wear you dive for the first down or endzone. In '06 if you dive, you look like a 'tard and the only way to do a cool jump is a celebration. I was just wondering if they've fixed it or are going to put it into 08. It would also be cool to be able to jump over the linemen to get into the endzone or past the first down marker. Correct me if they already have this.

Go_Eagles77
05-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed 06 and 07 for 360, so since this game is gonna be som much better, I'm pumped. I love fantasy draft, even if you are just really bored and have nothing to do, it's fun to just do a fantasy draft in Madden and see if you can put a good team together, back in Madden 06 on the regular Xbox, I must've done at least 20 fantasy drafts.

-black
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
i dont see the fun in fantasy drafts. I never do them....Glad you can edit though, because I always edit the teams/players the way i believe they should be rated....lots of times Madden over or under rates too many players

BuckNaked
05-19-2007, 02:09 PM
i dont see the fun in fantasy drafts. I never do them....Glad you can edit though, because I always edit the teams/players the way i believe they should be rated....lots of times Madden over or under rates too many players

I've never liked using fantasy drafts either. I couldn't stand not being able to edit players last year.

GB12
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM

I don't like to go and mess with the ratings. I just use edit to change someone's number or position. I still have upgraded my system though so I had that anyway.

Phrost
05-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I've never liked using fantasy drafts either. I couldn't stand not being able to edit players last year.

Wow, I guess you guys are in the minority. As you can see most people love them.

High Roller
05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I was only gonna get NCAA but I think I'll get both now

Phrost
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I was only gonna get NCAA but I think I'll get both now

I usually skip on NCAA, have any reason why I should get it?

Pros:
Cons:
?

fenikz
05-19-2007, 02:25 PM
its almost a completely different game, running the option is sweet

Phrost
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
its almost a completely different game, running the option is sweet

I heard they are adding the option to Madden.

YAYareaRB
05-19-2007, 02:43 PM

That would be dumb.. No one really runs it in the league so there would really be no point unless you pick the falcons.

kalbears13
05-19-2007, 02:45 PM

I doubt they will because the pros don't use it because they don't want to injure the quarterback. If they did add it, it wouldn't work very well unless you had Vick or Young. But it's probable that they'll add a laterall. It would be pretty cool to re-enact "The Play" minus the Marching Bad.

jballa838
05-19-2007, 02:45 PM
That would be dumb.. No one really runs it in the league so there would really be no point unless you pick the falcons.
i think he means where the qb can hand it off or keep it and pass/run.

jballa838
05-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I doubt they will because the pros don't use it because they don't want to injure the quarterback. If they did add it, it wouldn't work very well unless you had Vick or Young. But it's probable that they'll add a laterall. It would be pretty cool to re-enact "The Play" minus the Marching Bad.
or the music city miracle.

Phrost
05-19-2007, 02:48 PM

SO with the addition of the lateral, you could just create a play that works like an option.

kalbears13
05-19-2007, 02:51 PM
SO with the addition of the lateral, you could just create a play that works like an option.

Except it wouldn't work. It would be like having a 10 receiver set.

or the music city miracle.

I doubt you'll be able to throw it like a pass. It will probably have to be a pitch.

-black
05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
NCAA>Madden

Dynasty Mode>Franchise

Recruiting>Draft

NCAA Football 08 would be one of the best games ever if they added the option to be able to play a tournament post-season. 4, 8 or 16 team playoffs....bracket style. Although in real life i like it the way it is it would be pretty fun to play it...

Vikes99ej
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
The SS mode getting retooled is exciting for me. I was so pumped for it last year, then it blew. Now you won't have to watch things, new camera angles, etc. etc. SS mode looks sweet.

They did say that editing and fantasy draft is back, excellent.

Finally, the controls getting redone and being more responsive is a HUGE plus. I can't wait. I wasn't a big fan of Madden on 360, but I may get it next year instead of NCAA.

Where does it say that?!! I cannot find it anywhere.

Addict
05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Aug 14th, thank god edit player and fantasy draft are back

but... Edit Player and Fantasy Draft are still in '07... you can select fantasy draft in franchise mode and edit player is still possible through rosters and in franchise mode you can basically edit everything except their stats... I don't see what's new about it. Edit Player is the reason my Franchise has 250 million cap space...

Happy they're gonna fix Superstar mode though, it's completely unplayable now. Love the new role system and is there anything known on insertion of character qualities?

NIN1984
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
but... Edit Player and Fantasy Draft are still in '07... you can select fantasy draft in franchise mode and edit player is still possible through rosters and in franchise mode you can basically edit everything except their stats... I don't see what's new about it. Edit Player is the reason my Franchise has 250 million cap space...

Happy they're gonna fix Superstar mode though, it's completely unplayable now. Love the new role system and is there anything known on insertion of character qualities?

you can't edit players or do a fantasy draft on next gen (360,PS3) its only for current gen (XBOX,PS2) what I should have said is, thank god we can finally edit and do fantasy drafts on next gen.

High Roller
05-21-2007, 10:53 AM

How do you have $250 million cap space?

Addict
05-21-2007, 11:04 AM
How do you have $250 million cap space?

well it's really not all that hard. You can do it with every player... Basically you sign them to some bs contract, then release them, in after you release them you get still see your guy with two options: sign player (something like that anyways) and edit player. Choose edit player, then go to position, edit it (like put a HB at FB, a CB at SS or WR, a WR at TE, an O-Lineman at D-line and vice versa, you get the idea?) sign the newly positioned player (whose stats should be somewhere between 21 and 77 (CB's are tricky, since they can do most things well, so just make them SS and sign-em cheap) sign them to a seven year deal... Do make sure you get the 7 year deals up to at least 5 million dollars total, since otherwise the chances of massive holdouts are pretty big. Easiest trick in the book ;).

I know I have no life, but if you mention it I will buy a dog and train it to swim across the pond and bite your balls off

NIN1984
05-21-2007, 11:22 AM
well it's really not all that hard. You can do it with every player... Basically you sign them to some bs contract, then release them, in after you release them you get still see your guy with two options: sign player (something like that anyways) and edit player. Choose edit player, then go to position, edit it (like put a HB at FB, a CB at SS or WR, a WR at TE, an O-Lineman at D-line and vice versa, you get the idea?) sign the newly positioned player (whose stats should be somewhere between 21 and 77 (CB's are tricky, since they can do most things well, so just make them SS and sign-em cheap) sign them to a seven year deal... Do make sure you get the 7 year deals up to at least 5 million dollars total, since otherwise the chances of massive holdouts are pretty big. Easiest trick in the book ;).

I know I have no life, but if you mention it I will buy a dog and train it to swim across the pond and bite your balls off

Yeah I never do that stuff, it takes away the fun from the game

Addict
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah I never do that stuff, it takes away the fun from the game

Actually it's a great way to keep yourself busy in the offseason.

Incidentially, did you get my secret message? if you did then you're reading this as well so here goes: I am the king of invisible messaging.

NIN1984
05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes but I didnít want to get my balls bitten off, so I didn't say anything.

-black
05-21-2007, 11:52 AM
no **** to secret messages

Addict
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes but I didn’t want to get my balls bitten off, so I didn't say anything.

Hahaha... I wouldn't really do it, I'm scared of dogs. and I would never teach it to aim for the nuts... maybe the nipples, but NEVER the cojones

Man_Of_Steel
05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
A bit late but it has been confirmed that laterals are in the game. It will be cool on the fnal play because in past maddes you had only one chioce, long ball, now this opens up play call.

Xonraider
05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Stopping Vick isn't that hard. Sure, he'll make some plays, but if you spy him with your fastest LB or DE and you play as the spy he won't be able to do much.

kalbears13
05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
A bit late but it has been confirmed that laterals are in the game. It will be cool on the fnal play because in past maddes you had only one chioce, long ball, now this opens up play call.

1)Motion to trips
2)Have everyone run slants
3)Throw it to the outside guy
4)Lateral
5)Repeat step 4
6)Repeat step 5
7)Repeat step 6
8)Repeat step 7
9)Repeat step 8
10)Repeat step 9
11)Repeat step 10
12)Repeat step 11