PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Williams' struggling

Shiver
05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Jimmy Williams is reportedly struggling in his conversion to free safety.

The new coaching staff in Atlanta believes Williams is too stiff to ever be a cornerback in the NFL. The former Virginia Tech player has been a disappointment since being drafted in the second round.

ROTOWORLD (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=92794)

It cites ESPN as a source. This is not good news.

Ciao Bella
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
oh he'll be fine.. just give him time o adjust to bein a S..

iloxygenil
05-19-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm not worried about this at all at this point. You have to figure that he was going to struggle right away learning a new position, new scheme, and having to make the calls. I'm not worried about it until he starts blowing coverages in regular season games...it won't bother me if he blows a few in pre-season, I want him to learn, and when it doesn't cost us anything.

D-Rod
05-19-2007, 03:31 AM
The info and the headline do not match.

Yes, we've gathered that the new staff don't rate Jimmy as a cornerback - that's why they moved him to FS. Not exactly news.

Yes, he was a disappointment last season, because he only played a few snaps. But again, that was at cornerback, under the old staff.

And at FS, he's had all of ONE minicamp. Of course the staff aren't going to say, "oh great, he's got it nailed." It'll take time.

Another example of the media talking nonsense just for the sake of it.

I'm sure in every group of friends there is one guy who has a fear of silence, and insists on yabbering away even if he has nothing worthwhile to say. That's what the media do. Like that guy, it's best to take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-19-2007, 07:23 AM
The info and the headline do not match.

Yes, we've gathered that the new staff don't rate Jimmy as a cornerback - that's why they moved him to FS. Not exactly news.

Yes, he was a disappointment last season, because he only played a few snaps. But again, that was at cornerback, under the old staff.

And at FS, he's had all of ONE minicamp. Of course the staff aren't going to say, "oh great, he's got it nailed." It'll take time.

Another example of the media talking nonsense just for the sake of it.

I'm sure in every group of friends there is one guy who has a fear of silence, and insists on yabbering away even if he has nothing worthwhile to say. That's what the media do. Like that guy, it's best to take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

Bingo. Get this man a prize.

scar988
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Jimmy Williams is reportedly struggling in his conversion to free safety.

The new coaching staff in Atlanta believes Williams is too stiff to ever be a cornerback in the NFL. The former Virginia Tech player has been a disappointment since being drafted in the second round.

ROTOWORLD (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=92794)

It cites ESPN as a source. This is not good news.

this says about him being a corner... not a s...

Shiver
05-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Well I cannot post the part from ESPN Insider about his recent struggles.

D-Rod
05-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I've read the ESPN insider blurb from Lenny P, and it too says nothing other than what Zimmer has said in every interview he's done. Jimmy looks great physically, but that he is still struggling to master the new position mentally.

I repeat: Really? After one minicamp, he doesn't have it nailed?

I appreciate that the media are the major connection between the team and the fans, but really, you guys have to understand that their job is to write stuff whether there is anything worth writing about or not. There's often some interesting info to be gleaned, but not everything is worth worrying about.