PDA

View Full Version : Our D-Line

BTRams66
05-18-2007, 11:04 PM
This is what Linehan told the Post Dispatch.

Kennedy "has to perform at a high level to be in the ballgame," Linehan said. "He's still penciled in as the starting nose tackle, but it's going to be interesting to see what happens between now and the Carolina game," which opens the regular season Sept. 10.

This means the line at this point is: Little, Carriker, Kennedy and Hall.

I really hope Kennedy surprises us all as it seems like Keith Jackson and Clifton Ryan will be reserves, with one only likely to make the regular season roster.

NGSeiler
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Honestly I don't think we see Kennedy in the starting line-up when the regular season starts. The fact that Linehan said he has to perform at a high level to be in the ballgame is interesting. Not perform at a high level to start, but just to be in the ballgame. I have little doubt that if Carriker puts on weight like they want him to, he'll be starting at nose tackle with a Glover/Wroten rotation at UT.

Auron
05-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Few questions. My guess is Carriker is being expected to step into the NT spot? Obviously he's going to have to bulk up a bit, but how do you think he'll hold up there over the course of a season? Even though he has the strength, and plays with good leverage, that is still quite the adjustment for a Rookie to make.

I've heard the reports that Wroten is working hard this off-season and trying to make a good impression. Between him and Glover who do you think has the inside track to get the nod as the starter?

Providing James Hall can give you guys a consistent rush off the edge to compliment Little, and Carriker plays up to his potential and makes an immediate impact. I think your D-line will be much improved over last season.

Also how does Victor Adeyanju fit into your D-line plans? My guess is he'll be a situational, back up. What kind of skill set does he posses, and what type of player do you think he can be potential wise?

NGSeiler
05-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Few questions. My guess is Carriker is being expected to step into the NT spot? Obviously he's going to have to bulk up a bit, but how do you think he'll hold up there over the course of a season? Even though he has the strength, and plays with good leverage, that is still quite the adjustment for a Rookie to make.

I think they're trying him at both spots at this point, but it sounds as if the long-term goal is for him to bulk up in the 315 range and play nose for them. There have been some rumblings about just using a left and right D-tackle instead of a specific nose and under, but we'll see where that goes. I expected a bit of a rotation at nose for the first few weeks while everything's getting situated.

I've heard the reports that Wroten is working hard this off-season and trying to make a good impression. Between him and Glover who do you think has the inside track to get the nod as the starter?

I would expect Glover to remain the starter, but there's going to be a lot of Wroten as well. At some point he may overtake Glover to start, but I think their short-term goal is to just reduce Glover's snaps, not so much replace him completely in the starting line-up.

Also how does Victor Adeyanju fit into your D-line plans? My guess is he'll be a situational, back up. What kind of skill set does he posses, and what type of player do you think he can be potential wise?

Yeah, his strength was moreso on the run stopping side of things last season, so I would expect him to come in and spell either Hall or Little for that matter in suspected running situations. It's important to remember the Rams really only have three tested defensive ends, so anytime Hall or Little need a break, I would expect Victor to be the guy on the field. Or I guess they could slide Carriker over in a pinch.