PDA

View Full Version : Tony Scheffler: Breaks Foot

Splat
05-19-2007, 07:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-onychefflerreaksoot&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Update: Scheffler broke his foot during the Broncos' quarterback camp Friday, and will be out for the next two months, the Rocky Mountain News reports.

Recommendation: Scheffler will undergo surgery Monday, but he is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in late July. Scheffler is one of Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/;_ylt=AgYsbfq5KOLHjKVjalzTSyQH8sMF)'s favorite targets, so if he's not ready for the season, his presence would be missed, but the off season addition of Daniel Graham (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5907/;_ylt=ApSaSe1ERjmDATDd1MHUjgMH8sMF) now looks even more important.

remix 6
05-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Dave Thomas, Patriots 2nd year TE broke his in workouts aswell..

Splat
05-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Dave Thomas, Patriots 2nd year TE broke his in work outs as well..

That really sucks for both guys I hate seeing players get hurt in camp no matter who they play for even a Div team.

Jimmy
05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
dammit tony we need u. i guess more reps for graham is a plus since we overpayed him

Rockrule40
05-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Looks like they wont even think about cutting stephen alexander now. Getting graham looks to be an even bigger accusation.

sdpads24
05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow, Schefler killed the chargers this past year. Sad to see a good up-and-coming player get hurt like this. In my mind a possible top 5 TE.

remix 6
05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
dammit tony we need u. i guess more reps for graham is a plus since we overpayed him

u didnt overpay Graham. best blocking TE..underrated receiver

draftguru151
05-19-2007, 03:34 PM
u didnt overpay Graham. best blocking TE..underrated receiver

$15 million guaranteed for a blocking TE is overpaid.

TheChampIsHere
05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Good thing for the Broncos they got Graham, I think hes better than Scheff anyways.

remix 6
05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
$15 million guaranteed for a blocking TE is overpaid.

like i said..underrated receiver..Watson was a better receiver but Graham is very good himself..good speed..strength..hard to bring down

Jimmy
05-19-2007, 05:09 PM
like i said..underrated receiver..Watson was a better receiver but Graham is very good himself..good speed..strength..hard to bring down
hes not underrated..

he barely gets any balls to him....
once he starts producing and people ignore and snub him.. then hes underrated..

Jimmy
05-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks like they wont even think about cutting stephen alexander now. Getting graham looks to be an even bigger accusation.

to tell you the truth... i think alexander is still easily getting cut...

Splat
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Jason Dunn is by far the best run blocking TE in the NFL he is pretty much a 6th OL men on the field.

Geo
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Dave Thomas, Patriots 2nd year TE broke his in workouts aswell..
I hadn't heard that, actually.

remix 6
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
hes not underrated..

he barely gets any balls to him....
once he starts producing and people ignore and snub him.. then hes underrated..
his 2nd and 3rd year he was around 40 catches. we spread it around too much and then he stayed in to block more while Watson went out for passes. you'll be suprised by what he does..

im a Patriots fan and i know well ;p

nobodyinparticular
05-19-2007, 06:26 PM
If he had played for any other team, Daniel Graham would have been considered a certified 1st round bust. After 5 seasons, he has had 1 season where he barely scraped by to get over 400 yards receiving. That's absolutely ridiculous for the former #21 overall selection. Paying $15 million guaranteed for his is absolutely terrible.

remix 6
05-19-2007, 07:32 PM
If he had played for any other team, Daniel Graham would have been considered a certified 1st round bust. After 5 seasons, he has had 1 season where he barely scraped by to get over 400 yards receiving. That's absolutely ridiculous for the former #21 overall selection. Paying $15 million guaranteed for his is absolutely terrible.

..he did have his injuries and an offense that didnt go to 1 guy. He was asked to block alot because Light couldnt handle guys like Taylor..Freeney..Schobel 1on1

Coming out of college he was a very good athlete..strong,fast. His hands have some questions sometimes but for most part hes a solid player..he blocks hard and well..makes some big catches and gets open in endzone. if Graham gets a lot of playing time on passing downs..you'll be suprised by what he can do

T-RICH49
05-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Jason Dunn is by far the best run blocking TE in the NFL he is pretty much a 6th OL men on the field.

agreed just look at how not having him in the Indy game hurt

nobodyinparticular
05-19-2007, 10:57 PM
agreed just look at how not having him in the Indy game hurt

Imagine that, two Chiefs fans agreeing on Jason Dunn being the best blocking TE in the league... ;)

Naw, I'm just playing. Unless I am really missing someone, he really is the best blocker and by a good margin.

JCutlery
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Alexander sticks around; Shanahan kept something like five-six TEs on the roster last year.