PDA

View Full Version : {PS3}MLB 07: The Show vs. MLB 2k7

Smokey Joe
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anyone have both games, or even just the Show? Well, I am thinking about getting the Show, but I already have 2k7. I am hearing that the Show is actually a lot better, except in the graphics area. So, if some of you are willing to help me out, here are a few questions...

How is it?

Best Feature?

Worst Feature?

How is the gameplay?

Also, if you have played both or have both, can you also compare them?

Thanks.

Phrost
05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have both games, or even just the Show? Well, I am thinking about getting the Show, but I already have 2k7. I am hearing that the Show is actually a lot better, except in the graphics area. So, if some of you are willing to help me out, here are a few questions...

How is it?

Best Feature?

Worst Feature?

How is the gameplay?

Also, if you have played both or have both, can you also compare them?

Thanks.

I prefer 2k7.

Here is an expert opinion.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb07theshow/index.html?q=mlb%20sk7&tag=result;title;0
Gamespot gives the show a 8.2

Smokey Joe
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I've read that, but I really want to see how regular people would compare them.

BuckNaked
05-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I have MLB 2K7. It's a good game, but I have some problems with it. The gameplay is pretty smooth, but every home run or diving grab that is anywhere near catchable, you or the computer gets 95% of the time. Franchise mode also is not very deep.

Phrost
I've read that, but I really want to see how regular people would compare them.

Pure simulation, go 2K7, slight arcade like feel, go The Show.

Phrost
I have MLB 2K7. It's a good game, but I have some problems with it. The gameplay is pretty smooth, but every home run or diving grab that is anywhere near catchable, you or the computer gets 95% of the time. Franchise mode also is not very deep.

VERY VERY TRUE. I was robbed six times by Carlos Beltran, in ONE GAME!

GB12
05-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I have MLB 06 for PS2. It's a very good game, I think they make the best ones since MVP stoped.

Boston
05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
MVP Baseball was godly.

iowatreat54
05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
MLB 2k7 is a joke...I haven't even played it yet and I am already laughing at its ridiculousness...first there is atleast 50-60 players rated 100 overall...I did a fantasy draft and I got Pujols in the 2nd round somehow...afterward, the free agents who didn't get drafted consisted of Tim Hudson, Buehrle, Randy Johnson, Posada, Sexson, Burrell, BJ Ryan, Maddux, Pedro Martinez, Renteria, Schmidt, Pettitte, Pierre, Gary Matthews Jr...this game is ridiculously unrealistic...no idea about gameplay though, I'll report back after I play a couple games

iowatreat54
05-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Ok so as far as gameplay MLB 2k7 is actually pretty good...the animation is real nice and theres a lot of in game animation and features (such as trivia between some innings) that is great..however there are some glitches, like sometimes switch hitters will be batting from one side but lineup from the other (i.e. batting lefty but facing as if they were batting righty) and fielding sometimes you just completely botch fly balls but other than that I am enjoying playing...also in 2k7 you use the right joystick to bat as opposed to the buttons for The Show, which takes getting used to but feels more like you accomplish something in the end

DChess
05-20-2007, 02:26 AM
MVP Baseball was godly.

it really was

Smokey Joe
05-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Ok so as far as gameplay MLB 2k7 is actually pretty good...the animation is real nice and theres a lot of in game animation and features (such as trivia between some innings) that is great..however there are some glitches, like sometimes switch hitters will be batting from one side but lineup from the other (i.e. batting lefty but facing as if they were batting righty) and fielding sometimes you just completely botch fly balls but other than that I am enjoying playing...also in 2k7 you use the right joystick to bat as opposed to the buttons for The Show, which takes getting used to but feels more like you accomplish something in the end
how are the rankings? Also, which one would you compare more to MVP?

dabears10
05-20-2007, 02:41 AM
how are the rankings? Also, which one would you compare more to MVP?

The rankings are a joke. Like 90 guys are 100 rated. And 2k7 not MVP, not by a longshot. I cannot say anything for the show because i have yet to experience it, im sure someone else can chime in. However, maybe everyone will play college baseball now...

ATLDirtyBirds
05-20-2007, 08:42 AM
I really do miss MVP Baseball.

Anyway for 360, the ratings of the players are fine.

Eaglez.Fan
05-20-2007, 08:58 AM
In PS3, the ratings are perfect, only Johan Santana is 100 overall, and the Fantasy draft is as realistic as it will get. The Gameplay is very good, smooth and fun. When you swing you jolt the controller forward with the sixaxis thing. With the default settings there is too many diving catches or over the wall catches by the computer but you can fix that in sliders, and turning outfielder speed burst off. The franchise is pretty good, they do have AAA but you can't adjust there depth chart which I don't like. Overall it is a buy IMO.